PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's Contradictions

3ballbomber
04-19-2012, 04:03 AM
Lebron quote after a win vs Raptors:

"It's just how I am," said James, whose 37.6 minutes per game ranks among the most in the league. "When I go on the floor, if I'm in uniform, I'm trying to play at the highest level. I don't try to take minutes off or take games off when I can. ... I just want to be the best."

http://www.nba.com/games/20120419/CHIMIA/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100934

Lebron quote from just last season in a grudge match loss vs Celtics:

“For myself, 44 minutes is too much,” James declared. “I think Coach Spo knows that. Forty minutes for D-Wade is too much. We have to have as much energy as we can to finish games out.”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/11/lebron-james-thinks-he-played-too-many-minutes/

author finishes article:

Two days earlier, James had done nothing in overtime and ultimately decided the difference was a Hall of Fame coach, Jerry Sloan, who knew exactly what the Heat were going to do. James never takes responsibility, never says, ‘I’m the MVP and I need to do more.’ He didn’t do it in Cleveland, and he’s never going to do in Miami. Now, 44 minutes in a grudge game with the Celtics is too much. Always an out, always an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do i think this is thread worthy? well for one just because there are countless comments here about Lebron w/ no substance or just evident hate it doesn't mean there aren't legit threads/points and comments that are worth discussing that get locked just because others mindlessly reply with no real substance.

2ndly, many state how great Lebron is, quoting endless statistics and things to support how great he is but fail to aknowledge these sort of things.....

.........I remember last season i use to post on Heat official forum and listed contradictions Lebron would make all season which whent up to close to 30 pages including replies. Not surprising it was deleted spite of me providing links & articles that reiterated and supported my points. i'm not going to start one here but i just find it funny how it never stops. Just a season ago in a big loss Lebron complains about minutes and after he takes advantage of a weak team this season he states how he'll do anything to be 'The Best' .

The under lying point here is that Lebron though, i'm sure not more than 90% of the times, can be not up front or straight up about certain things that he says to the media, interviews etc. Obviously wants to portray himself to be 'the greatest' and often can't be 'Real' w. statements/sentiments. This is one thing most Lebron critics dislike about James.

3ballbomber
04-19-2012, 04:04 AM
I remember after the loss in last years playoffs the big issue was how Lebron needed to learn to post. Even had articles on how he has been training all off season and improved in that area. Then once the season started Bosh & Wade were injured early in the season. Miami were in need of something in the post since Bosh was injured and in a pre-game interview was asked about how they were going to handle their opponents and he stated this about his post game: "I just have to dust it off a little bit. It's no problem. ”

Here's the full quote:

[quote]I spent a lot of time on it this offseason. Once I made the decision to come here and realized we had a low-post threat, I kind of backed off a little bit. ... With [Chris Bosh] being out, I can go back to it. I just have to dust it off a little bit. It's no problem."[\quote]

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6046399

In that game vs the Raptors there was no real sign that he had improved which has us all scratching our heads about what happened to all those hours reported on practicing his post game during the off season.

This isn't a contradiction more than it is a lie but it further reiterates how Lebron can often mislead the public when in reality what he is saying is not quite true.

Honesty is key to be 'Great'. To be honest with yourself in regards to your flaws & weaknesses helps you to become a much better player. IMHO this is Lebrons downfall. After showing how soft he can be mentally in almost 3 post seasons in a row (vs Orlando when Cavs were almost swept and he walked off the court w/out congratulating his opponents. Vs Boston where he evidently seemed to have given up and last seasons performance vs Dallas in those 4th quarters). Lebron does have some maturing to do. I think he also needs some guidance away from his 'yes' men - spiritual guidance would let him gain some clarity and humbleness (wich i think is what brings him down).

Until you see these from Lebron i just don't see how he can help Miami win a Ship. I see him making the same mistakes over and over again.....i simply factor this from not being 'Real' and 'Honest' w/ himself wich is why he keeps making the same errors.

LeMarcus
04-19-2012, 04:12 AM
Lol

THE GIPPER
04-19-2012, 04:19 AM
Nothing else needs to be said after Suge's post.

BlondeBomber41
04-19-2012, 04:25 AM
Miami can win the next five championships and I'll still think of him the same way. A player who was incapable and unwilling to do it as ''the man”. Needed to go team up with two other superstars to boost his chances.

STA_PLAR
04-19-2012, 04:46 AM
I'm not a supporter of LeBron or any of his antics. However, this post has no bearing on basketball. What LeBron James says is not important, he takes care of business on the court. He is a great player. So what if one game he is a little tired and says he needs to rest a little bit and at another he states he is trying to play hard and not rest.

Obviously your body goes through different periods and stretches and depending on your reaction to it you speak as you feel.

No disrespect but if you ever played organized basketball you would understand that there are days where you can play 8 games in a row and days where you can't move a muscle.

So maybe just maybe he was tired as **** on one occasion and hyped as **** on another.

That's called being human and yes the self-proclaimed "Chosen-One" is human.

I am a die-hard knicks fan and hate LeBrick but some topics are just ridiculous.

3ballbomber
04-19-2012, 05:07 AM
I'm not a supporter of LeBron or any of his antics. However, this post has no bearing on basketball. What LeBron James says is not important, he takes care of business on the court. He is a great player. So what if one game he is a little tired and says he needs to rest a little bit and at another he states he is trying to play hard and not rest.

Obviously your body goes through different periods and stretches and depending on your reaction to it you speak as you feel.

No disrespect but if you ever played organized basketball you would understand that there are days where you can play 8 games in a row and days where you can't move a muscle.

So maybe just maybe he was tired as **** on one occasion and hyped as **** on another.

That's called being human and yes the self-proclaimed "Chosen-One" is human.

I am a die-hard knicks fan and hate LeBrick but some topics are just ridiculous.
Cheers for the reply STA_PLAR.

I've been watching the NBA since 1985, been playing since i was 10 and still play today. I'm not as adept of the game as many but i think have a decent understanding of what goes on in the sport.

I respect your views but my ultimate point is in context of everything he has ever stated in public wich isn't quite what has manifested in reality or has been actually portrayed - not just this lone contradiction. But as it stacks up to everything else that he has publicly stated which has come out to be less than the truth it further reiterates my point.

You my say he 'Takes care of things on the court' but why does he maintain in failing when things 'Truly' count! which brings me back in pertaining the point to this thread about Lebrons constant dismissing of his flaws as something minimal or unimportant to the point he brushes them off, leads the public to the wrong direction @ times w/ excuses and then goes on to do the exact same thing the very following season.

I think it has alot to do w/ how his mind works. There's an inspirational quote that goes something like: " You cannot expect different outcomes if you continue to do the same thing ". something like that but better formatted & far deeper lol. I think this pertains to Lebron. A great player but seems unwilling to be open to truth of reality. You just have to listen to his words after losses and you know there's something that just isn't right.

3ballbomber
04-19-2012, 05:16 AM
Miami can win the next five championships and I'll still think of him the same way. A player who was incapable and unwilling to do it as ''the man”. Needed to go team up with two other superstars to boost his chances.
That's the thing i actually do not see Miami winning 1 let alone 5. Because of everything i stated here i predicted from the moment James made his announcement that Miami will not win a Championship. This is from everything i have heared & seen of Lebron. Especially in the last 2 or 3 seasons prior to this current year and the fact that Miami are not a balanced team but that's another topic - as well as what you have stated here. I'm sure we can discuss this further down the track.

stawka
04-19-2012, 05:21 AM
Ridiculous posts. Just stfu and get off this crap. Let him play his game just like everyone else. If he wins, criticize him, if he loses, burn him alive. Damn man, this **** is getting REAL old

NothingbutWill
04-19-2012, 05:27 AM
There's an inspirational quote that goes something like: " You cannot expect different outcomes if you continue to do the same thing ".

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

3ballbomber
04-19-2012, 05:28 AM
Ridiculous posts. Just stfu and get off this crap. Let him play his game just like everyone else. If he wins, criticize him, if he loses, burn him alive. Damn man, this **** is getting REAL old
It's funny because i thought i was tackling this from another angle rather than attacking him from the same point of direction and claims been said here numerous times.

I'm sorry i offended you enough for you to take the time to reply anyway.

3ballbomber
04-19-2012, 05:30 AM
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."
lol yeah, i thought i butchered the quote

NothingbutWill
04-19-2012, 05:34 AM
lol yeah, i thought i butchered the quote

That quote is actually on my phone so I see it every day. Reading what you wrote made me chuckle a little but I knew what you were talking about ;)

3ballbomber
04-19-2012, 05:43 AM
That quote is actually on my phone so I see it every day. Reading what you wrote made me chuckle a little but I knew what you were talking about ;)
A friend of mine, who has had some troubles in the past, has the quote posted on his wall to help him break his negative patterns. Has proven well for him.

naps
04-19-2012, 05:56 AM
So he said "44 minutes is too much for me" and then he said "When I go on the floor, if I'm in uniform, I'm trying to play at the highest level. I don't try to take minutes off or take games off when I can. ... I just want to be the best."

Where is the contradiction here again? You really thought last night he meant he wants to play 48 minutes a game by saying "I don't try to take minutes off or take games off when I can"?? You thought this was thread worthy just because you have trouble understanding context and situations?

Listen here is a piece of advice for you: We already have enough LeBron threads on NBA forum and contribute your 2 cents on them OR just shut the **** up.

3ballbomber
04-19-2012, 06:11 AM
So he said "44 minutes is too much for me" and then he said "When I go on the floor, if I'm in uniform, I'm trying to play at the highest level. I don't try to take minutes off or take games off when I can. ... I just want to be the best."

Where is the contradiction here again? You really thought last night he meant he wants to play 48 minutes a game by saying "I don't try to take minutes off or take games off when I can"?? You thought this was thread worthy just because you have trouble understanding context and situations?

Listen here is a piece of advice for you: We already have enough LeBron threads on NBA forum and contribute your 2 cents on them OR just shut the **** up.
If you think that complaining about minutes in a loss one day then stating how you want to do everything to be the best and win games the next isn't a contradiction then we aren't going to agree on much as it already stands.

Besides it actually isn't the 1st time he contradicted those words. He did the same season after a win vs the Wolves where he stated and i quote:

"Being competitors all 3 of us want to play more. We love being out on the court. If we could we would play 48 minutes"

You think had they won against that game vs the Celtics (which was regarded as a significant grudge match being that Boston knocked both Miami & Cavs out of the PO's the season prior) that Lebron would have said how he played far to many minutes? highly doubt it. He would communicate how it was needed in order to do the best he could to win such a significant game, i'm sure.

naps
04-19-2012, 06:26 AM
If you think that complaining about minutes in a loss one day then stating how you want to do everything to be the best and win games the next isn't a contradiction then we aren't going to agree on much as it already stands.

Besides it actually isn't the 1st time he contradicted those words. He did the same season after a win vs the Wolves where he stated and i quote:

You think had they won against that game vs the Celtics (which was regarded as a significant grudge match being that Boston knocked both Miami & Cavs out of the PO's the season prior) that Lebron would have said how he played far to many minutes? highly doubt it. He would communicate how it was needed in order to do the best he could to win such a significant game, i'm sure.

Playing 44 minutes is too much for any player in the history of modern basketball. WTF is your point? It's not a complaint. He spoke of it because it's the ****ing reality. He has two other teammates who are capable of carrying the loads. He doesn't have to log 44 minutes a game to win ballgames. And wanting to do everything to be the best and win games doesn't mean he has to play 44 minutes. He doesn't want to take games off and that's what he meant last night.

You are searching internet to find random quotes disregarding the contexts and connect them somehow to make him look bad? Not gonna work here. People are smarter. Listen kid, if you really wanna be a smart troll try harder.

3ballbomber
04-19-2012, 06:45 AM
Playing 44 minutes is too much for any player in the history of modern basketball. WTF is your point? It's not a complaint. He spoke of it because it's the ****ing reality. He has two other teammates who are capable of carrying the loads. He doesn't have to log 44 minutes a game to win ballgames. And wanting to do everything to be the best and win games doesn't mean he has to play 44 minutes. He doesn't want to take games off and that's what he meant last night.

You are searching internet to find random quotes disregarding the contexts and connect them somehow to make him look bad? Not gonna work here. People are smarter. Listen kid, if you really wanna be a smart troll try harder.
lol, c'mon now. can you discuss without being insulting and in a calmer state? i'm not insulting your mother here it's just a point. Besides only "Kids" use the word "Troll" - or over use.

Everything is in context, i'm not sure how you came to that conclusion........ ........However, being the player that he is, w/ all the money, endorsements, hype and praise that he receives......being asked to play 44 minutes for 'One' game the Coach obviously thought was a 'Big' game is nothing to complain about especially when you then state numerous times in other matches where you are triumphant that you would do anything to win and be the best. It wasn't like Spoelstra was asking him to clock in 40+ nightly. And yes he did need to play 44 minutes as well as Wade & Bosh to try and defeat Boston in that game which they ended losing - not sure if you realized but Miami are highly dependent in the 'Big-3'. Not exactly the most balanced team in the league. So not sure where you were going there.

Again, if you had read it's not solely on this alone. There has been numerous examples of this. If you are a Lebron fan, you would expect more from him, at least to address issues that linger from season to season especially after last seasons playoff breakdowns. I'm not even attacking more than i am stating a point reiterated by actual reports and links.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-19-2012, 06:55 AM
Please.

Which human being hasn't contradicted themselves before.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-19-2012, 06:59 AM
The under lying point here is that Lebron though, i'm sure not more than 90% of the times, can be not up front or straight up about certain things that he says to the media, interviews etc. Obviously wants to portray himself to be 'the greatest' and often can't be 'Real' w. statements/sentiments. This is one thing most Lebron critics dislike about James.

It's because there will always be those who criticize Lebron for anything he does.

It's not surprising he "changes" his mind. He'll say something because he thinks it's the right way to approach a situation yet he'd still face the criticisms, even if what he said was actually right.

He can say a harmless/meaningless thing and idiots will still find something to criticize him. Kinda like that comment against the Raptors. He says that he's going to play as hard as he can yet we still see people making unless threads about him.

3ballbomber
04-19-2012, 07:08 AM
It's because there will always be those who criticize Lebron for anything he does.

It's not surprising he "changes" his mind. He'll say something because he thinks it's the right way to approach a situation yet he'd still face the criticisms, even if what he said was actually right.

He can say a harmless/meaningless thing and idiots will still find something to criticize him. Kinda like that comment against the Raptors. He says that he's going to play as hard as he can yet we still see people making unless threads about him.

I understand where you are coming from!! Though I thought the contradictions were clear spite of nit pickers issue. . If people see nothing wrong w/ Lebron stating one thing and then seeing something totally opposite then cool. But others do see them and i think we do have a right to critique. Lebron isn't exactly Luke Walton. Lebron is the biggest star in the league. He embraces the praises and thinks he is worthy of the title 'king' then he also must be able to handle the criticism, as well as his fans. It's only natural right! i mean you can't exactly put a blind eye to the one whom stated he wouldnt leave his team until he got them a title. Can't exactly call that nit picking or dismiss it as something 'Stupid' one says - especially if it's coming from one they praise and call 'Great' & 'King'. The same guy prematurely stating how he would win numerous rings. When you keep saying silly things then you will only receive criticism, naturally. Especially when you have yet to achieve 1.

Just reiterates further my point about his mind. i'm not talking about his abilities because we all know he is gifted. But you can't continue to dismiss he has some issues deterring him from achieving greater things. It's been several seasons now of the same thing - when will people choose to see it as what is causing the negative aspects of his basketball career - which is the point of this thread.

krayzieguy
04-19-2012, 07:27 AM
man this thread is so lame..some of you people are really reaching deep to try and find new ways to dislike this guy..comparing two things he said a year and a half apart?? lol

haters gonna hate

Raps08-09 Champ
04-19-2012, 08:18 AM
I understand where you are coming from!! Though I thought the contradictions were clear spite of nit pickers issue. . If people see nothing wrong w/ Lebron stating one thing and then seeing something totally opposite then cool. But others do see them and i think we do have a right to critique. Lebron isn't exactly Luke Walton. Lebron is the biggest star in the league. He embraces the praises and thinks he is worthy of the title 'king' then he also must be able to handle the criticism, as well as his fans. It's only natural right! i mean you can't exactly put a blind eye to the one whom stated he wouldnt leave his team until he got them a title. Can't exactly call that nit picking or dismiss it as something 'Stupid' one says - especially if it's coming from one they praise and call 'Great' & 'King'. The same guy prematurely stating how he would win numerous rings. When you keep saying silly things then you will only receive criticism, naturally. Especially when you have yet to achieve 1.

Just reiterates further my point about his mind. i'm not talking about his abilities because we all know he is gifted. But you can't continue to dismiss he has some issues deterring him from achieving greater things. It's been several seasons now of the same thing - when will people choose to see it as what is causing the negative aspects of his basketball career - which is the point of this thread.

No it isn't natural IMO.

Most people in this world naturally have a bigger ego than they should for themselves yet can't handle any criticisms or shots to their ego. Which shows that Lebron is actually doing what most people in this world would probably have done if they are under the microscope. Just because Lebron isn't the minority in the world where those can handle so much criticism, doesn't mean Lebron's wrong in any way when he makes mistakes results from the criticism.

Another point, people take things too literal when it comes to Lebron. Take this for example, if someone says he's going to beat the **** out of someone, they doesn't literally mean he'll beat the **** out of him. Same thing with Lebron. He didn't literally mean it when he said "not 4, not 5, not 6...". He didn't literally expect you to go 'Check his stats'. The rational person would be able to clearly see what Lebron meant in those situations.

theheatles
04-19-2012, 08:35 AM
close this ****...there is no contradiction, op is just another sad hater

Cal827
04-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Naps/Raps08-09 Champ:1, OP: O :D

kdspurman
04-19-2012, 09:21 AM
It's magnified because it's Lebron. I mean I'm sure some players have done this before. Even Bosh in the off-season said he bulked up because he wanted to rebound more and be more of an interior force. That didn't work out too well.

I mean if you look at all the guys in the league, I'd bet a good amount of them have contradicted themselves. Hell Tony Parker said last year was the Spurs last chance to win a title, and here they are battling for the #1 seed. Even Pop when they acquired RJ said if they don't win it all he should be fired... People say things kind of in the moment. You really could find that for damn near everyone I'm pretty sure of it

IIISSKiLL
04-19-2012, 09:39 AM

Lebron did what Kobe has never done and thats make it to the finals without anyone i mean for gods sake eric snow was his starting point guard.. do you know how dangerous michael jordans team was ? they made it to the ECF without him and what did lebrons team do without him ? NOTHING ! what he did was no different then when kobe, shaq, payton, and malone joined forces... no different then kg,pierce, and allen joining forces... do you know how many ppg ron harper averaged when he was on the clippers ?? jordan harper rodman pippen I mean just grow up already i keep hearing how "humble" d rose is but his ego is so far up his *** that chicago will never win a championship because of it.. he refused to recruit lebron, wade, or bosh he refused to recruit melo, or d12.. even jordan needed somebody and rose ****ed his city because he wanted to be "the man"

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 10:15 AM
shut the **** up

shut the **** up

:clap:

DaLakerz Rulz
04-19-2012, 10:31 AM
I heard last year Lebron said his favorite color was red. Now it has changed to blue. WTF is going on? This guy repeatedly contradicts himself. What an idiot...

heyman321
04-19-2012, 10:34 AM
shut the hell up

Big Zo
04-19-2012, 10:37 AM
I predict another "shut the **** up" in 5,4,3,2,1...

SHUT THE **** UP!!!!!

Sactown
04-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Lebron said he doesn't quit on plays that doesn't mean he CAN'T GET TIRED... it isn't a contradictions... It's impossible to grind out 44 minutes a game and be ready for the playoffs and he was saying SPO knows we can't consistently play 44 games throughout a season and be playoff ready, he's also saying he is going to play 100% at all times..
100% after 5 minutes of play is different from 100% after 35 minutes.

Shmontaine
04-19-2012, 11:18 AM

true, and the flip side is, LJ can say anything (contradictory or not) and the pundits and homers will give him a pass and blindly idolize...

Another point, people take things too literal when it comes to Lebron. Take this for example, if someone says he's going to beat the **** out of someone, they doesn't literally mean he'll beat the **** out of him. Same thing with Lebron. He didn't literally mean it when he said "not 4, not 5, not 6...". He didn't literally expect you to go 'Check his stats'. The rational person would be able to clearly see what Lebron meant in those situations.

case in point...

Shmontaine
04-19-2012, 11:19 AM
btw, this thread is pointless IMO...

Corey
04-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Please.

Which human being hasn't contradicted themselves before.

Brian Scalabrine.

CHANGO
04-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Lol...

Bigbadmoffo
04-19-2012, 01:04 PM

You mad?? Gonna crwy??? Don't worry it's not the first time Lebron made kids cry:p

Bigbadmoffo
04-19-2012, 01:07 PM
I predict another "shut the **** up" in 5,4,3,2,1...

SHUT THE **** UP!!!!!

Stop being a baby!! Who cares is Lbj is a dumbass...He can still ball like a muthaf#$%a!

yanksrock
04-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Lol

gotoHcarolina52
04-19-2012, 02:36 PM
ferme ta gueule, connard!

Raps08-09 Champ
04-19-2012, 03:12 PM
true, and the flip side is, LJ can say anything (contradictory or not) and the pundits and homers will give him a pass and blindly idolize...

Give him a pass? Is there a reason to punish him to begin with?

case in point...

The difference is that there are those justified and those that aren't.

Mine was to defend someone who shouldn't be so ridiculed.

So yea...

Shmontaine
04-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Give him a pass? Is there a reason to punish him to begin with?

punish??? is he being punished here?? that may be the misunderstanding here.. LJ isn't some little child who needs defense from punishment..

and yes, LJ has done plenty in his career to justify questioning who he is...

The difference is that there are those justified and those that aren't.

Mine was to defend someone who shouldn't be so ridiculed.

So yea...

you choose to view LJ in a limelight that allows him to do no wrong... that's cool, do what you want, just don't expect everyone to do the same...

when lebron says something you like : "see, he a true competitor" and you take him at his word..

when lebron says something to the contrary : "you have to know what he meant, any logical person knows what he meant" and now his words mean less and your personal bias comes to the forefront...