PDA

View Full Version : Why do people consider Love a top 10-15 player?

NYSpirit1
04-19-2012, 12:09 AM
Love had one good stretch this year, while the T-Wolves were losing and have been losing - they are 25-38 and yet I still see people on this forum calling him a top 10 player.

There's nobody else on his team. You can't deny his rebounding skills and his great ability to shoot the three, but I never saw anybody even call Monta Ellis a top 20 player when he was scoring over 25 a game on Golden State, because that's the kind of record the T-Wolves have now.

If Love was doing this on a winning team (which he wouldn't be), his averages would be more like 20 and 13 (which is still great), but he hasn't done anything at all to be justified as a top 10, even top 15 player - he's way too young and hasn't put together a string of seasons to be in the league of the elite.

I think it's all so ridiculous.

Why do people call him top 10?

LongIslandIcedZ
04-19-2012, 12:10 AM
Cause he is awesome. Pretty incredible player.

Blitzbolt
04-19-2012, 12:11 AM
I been saying this too.

People loves stats even if they lose and the fact that he is white helps too.

David LEE=Kevin Love they both put up double doubles on losing teams.

EDIT:I clearly know Love is better but if don't win your just another scrub that's my opinion

DragonJaii
04-19-2012, 12:13 AM
he stomps on faces

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 12:15 AM
I been saying this too.

David LEE=Kevin Love.

:facepalm:

beasted86
04-19-2012, 12:16 AM
Stat junkies?

Love is a good player though and is definitely top 15. I would probably say 11 to 12th best player. It goes overboard when people try and put him top 5 and in MVP discussion though.

thekmp211
04-19-2012, 12:18 AM
I been saying this too.

David LEE=Kevin Love.

oh dear.

have you watched him play a lot? pretty much every generalized criticism of him is wrong. besides defense, he's rounded into an amazing player.

the wolves were playoff-worthy with love, a good rookie pg, and a solid center. nothing else on the roster. dudes a monster. david lee has played with at least 10 guys who are better than any teammate kevin love has ever had.

meloman1592
04-19-2012, 12:20 AM
According to PSD he's CLEARLY a superior player to Melo....and NYSpirit...why do you make sooo many threads lol

JohnnyTsunami01
04-19-2012, 12:21 AM
Oh man you haven't been watching the Wolves play recently have you? Love is injured hence the reason they are losing. They were fine when Rubio left (all be it not as good as before but on pace to make the playoffs). The reason the wolves are doing so bad is because Love and Luke are injured. Barea is the only one doing anything on the team. Yes if he were playing he would continue his dominate play and the Wolves would be in contention for the playoffs. They might not be a top 4 team, but with Love they could make the playoffs. Please watch games of the team before commenting.

Blitzbolt
04-19-2012, 12:22 AM
oh dear.

have you watched him play a lot? pretty much every generalized criticism of him is wrong. besides defense, he's rounded into an amazing player.

the wolves were playoff-worthy with love, a good rookie pg, and a solid center. nothing else on the roster. dudes a monster. david lee has played with at least 10 guys who are better than any teammate kevin love has ever had.

They put up double doubles on losing teams that's what I mean.

Blitzbolt
04-19-2012, 12:23 AM
Oh man you haven't been watching the Wolves play recently have you? Love is injured hence the reason they are losing. They were fine when Rubio left (all be it not as good as before but on pace to make the playoffs). The reason the wolves are doing so bad is because Love and Luke are injured. Barea is the only one doing anything on the team. Yes if he were playing he would continue his dominate play and the Wolves would be in contention for the playoffs. They might not be a top 4 team, but with Love they could make the playoffs. Please watch games of the team before commenting.

I don't see teams with losing records or 1 or 2 games over .500 not even my own team.

BALKIS2K12
04-19-2012, 12:26 AM
He only puts up great numbers bc he whines if he dont get his 20 or 30 shot attempts per game. I bet when he come back barea's numbers will go back down bc he'll wanna be the star and fill up the stat sheet.

pple hate on jj bc he cant hit the game winning shot in the 4th but love has missed alot of late shots in the 4th himself that resulted in losses & nobody says chit. BC his SUPPORTERS NUT-HUGG HIM TO FAME. he isnt a #1 star on a nba team. more like a #2.

eibbor
According to PSD he's CLEARLY a superior player to Melo....and NYSpirit...why do you make sooo many threads lol

I'd take Love over Melo in a second.

I ain't hating on Melo, he's awesome. But I think Love would play the same game no matter what and Melo will only play well with the ball in his hands. Love is a better team player. If Lin comes back for the playoffs or even Amare, Melo will play worse and the team will be worse.

JohnnyTsunami01
I don't see teams with losing records or 1 or 2 games over .500 not even my own team.

Then why act like you know something about a player if you have not seen his games.

VinceCarter
Why is Blake Griffin considered top 15? That's the better question.

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 12:27 AM

I ain't hating on Melo, he's awesome. But I think Love would play the same game no matter what and Melo will only play well with the ball in his hands. Love is a better team player. If Lin comes back for the playoffs or even Amare, Melo will play worse and the team will be worse.

Same. No brainer imo.

Blitzbolt
04-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Then why act like you know something about a player if you have not seen his games.

Because if your not winning you should not be a top 10 player no matter how good he is.

thekmp211
04-19-2012, 12:29 AM
They put up double doubles on losing teams that's what I mean.

that's like, not even a way to compare things. that means nothing.

love is pretty much better at every single thing than david lee. lee might be a better post passer, but they are probably about equal. everything else is love >> lee.

ManRam
04-19-2012, 12:31 AM
David LEE=Kevin Love.

No offense, but you know nothing about basketball if you seriously think that is true. Nothing at all...

Please elaborate. Maybe I should, but I feel it's pretty obvious that I don't

ManRam
04-19-2012, 12:31 AM

Amen.

Oh, I know why! Because he can dunK!

JLynn943
04-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Because if your not winning you should not be a top 10 player no matter how good he is.

:eyebrow: He was carrying that team to the playoffs before he got hurt

naps
04-19-2012, 12:33 AM
Because he's really that great.

Blitzbolt
No offense, but you know nothing about basketball if you seriously think that is true. Nothing at all...

Read before you post?I know love is better but they put up double doubles on losing teams that's what I was trying to say.

BALKIS2K12

The dude is coddled like he already won 5 or 6 RINGS by MINNESOTA management.

What kind of leader stomps on pples faces & makes fun of their teammates while their on the bench? The guy is a spoiled lil ll3itch & a stat padder. Stats are all he cares about. I mean did you hear about how he came to visit the locker-room tuesday & didnt even care to stay bc his team was losing? DUDE EXITED IN THE 3RD QUARTER and said **** them. dude is a joke.

Bruno
christ sakes.

naps
04-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Imagine if Love was a Knick. This forum would be flooded with Love threads :speechless:

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 12:34 AM
I hate griffin, but looking at his numbers they are impressive.

20/12 on 54% shooting

VinceCarter
04-19-2012, 12:35 AM
Amen.

Oh, I know why! Because he can dunK!

So overrated by the media. :pity:

2-ONE-5
I been saying this too.

David LEE=Kevin Love.

you are out of your damn mind.

justinnum1
Read before you post?I know love is better but they put up double doubles on losing teams that's what I was trying to say.

then you should have said that.

How should someone know thats what you meant by saying

david lee=kevin love

Blitzbolt
04-19-2012, 12:37 AM
then you should have said that.

How should someone know thats what you meant by saying?

david lee=kevin love

READ THE FIRST PAGE IS UNDER THAT POST.People are so lazy maybe I should edit it.

eibbor
04-19-2012, 12:39 AM

Good point. Awesome sig lol

Blitzbolt
04-19-2012, 12:39 AM
the dude is coddled like he already won 5 or 6 rings by minnesota management.

What kind of leader stomps on pples faces & makes fun of their teammates while their on the bench? The guy is a spoiled lil ll3itch & a stat padder. Stats are all he cares about. I mean did you hear about how he came to visit the locker-room tuesday & didnt even care to stay bc his team was losing? Dude exited in the 3rd quarter and said **** them. Dude is a joke.

+100

eibbor
04-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Same. No brainer imo.

Seems obvious.

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 12:41 AM
READ THE FIRST PAGE IS UNDER THAT POST.People are so lazy maybe I should edit it.

good idea editing it, anyone just seeing

david lee=kevin love is going to think your crazy

SpaceJamJordans
04-19-2012, 12:41 AM
its a hipster forum! jk

topdog
04-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Because he has putting up numbers on a winning team. Prior to Rubio going down, the Wolves were in the playoffs and Love was top 5 in both scoring and rebounds.

The David Lee comparisons just make you look stupid. What's he been doing in Golden State? I missed his last 30-30 game, sorry :(

Becks2307
04-19-2012, 12:43 AM

let me just say this, replace melo with love over the past 15 or so knick games and we probably wouldn't be in the playoffs

Chacarron
04-19-2012, 12:44 AM
I been saying this too.

You did not just compare Kevin Love to David Lee. Unbelievable.

JLynn943

As if half of that comparison wasn't just because they're both white anyway

meloman1592

Melo led denver to the playoffs every year since his rookie season...Love has yet to sniff the post season. I'll take a unstoppable force before I take a stat stuffer. I'm not hating on Love...I would take him over any pf currently but Melo will get you THAT bucket you need down the stretch and he WILL close out games. Love is still unproven..his stats are empty, they haven't translated to making the playoffs

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 12:45 AM
let me just say this, replace melo with love over the past 15 or so knick games and we probably wouldn't be in the playoffs

disagree.

topdog
I don't get the white thing either. Do people really think he's getting hype because he white?

Blitzbolt
The wolves are missing the playoffs this year even with Rubio they got the 8th seat like for a day and one or two games over.500 that's not winning in my book.

JLynn943
04-19-2012, 12:46 AM

That's only because Melo has finally stepped up though. Melo playing to his potential is every bit as good as Love and is potentially better. Unfortunately, Melo all too often coasts...

eibbor
04-19-2012, 12:49 AM

I disagree, but I do respect your opinion. If you took Amare off the knicks and put love in... That would be scary as hell.

NJBASEBALL22
04-19-2012, 12:54 AM
disagree.

yeah, I don't agree with that either. If Love was playing with Chandler, Shumpart, and Lin; the Knicks wouldn't be in position to need to close out tight games because they would dominate out of the gate rather then skate with the other team on a bunch of empty offensive possessions and no second chance opportunities for the opposing team.

topdog
04-19-2012, 12:55 AM
The wolves are missing the playoffs this year even with Rubio they got the 8th seat like for a day and one or two games over.500 that's not winning in my book.

*seed* this isn't musical chairs

They were rising over .500 into the all-star break (where Love incidentally won the 3pt contest) after starting the season 0-3 and gaining several quality wins a piece over Dallas, San Antonio, Clippers, Houston, ect.

By definition, .501 is winning. Get a new dictionary.

smood999
04-19-2012, 12:56 AM
disagree.

explain...the one thing that seems to get overlooked with melo is that he hasnt missed the playoffs yet...melo on the twolves theyd be in the playoffs...no stat can show the ability to carry a team but thats the one thing melo has...u can have a player scoring as much and rebounding more but that doesnt mean they can necessarily carry a team...another thing to think about..it took denver 4 players from the knicks to have the same production in a small period of time that melo has led them to in previous yrs..i dont want to make this into a melo vs love thread but since it was brought up..id just like u to explain...melos not a loser by any means and we all know numbers dont equal winning necessarily...some players can carry a team others cant...imo thats what always seperated cp3 and d wills i always felt cp3 did more with less than d wills who always had better teams until now..

smood999
04-19-2012, 01:00 AM
btw love is def top 10 this yr just dont really like the love>melo argument...it has yet to translate to any type of team success for the t wolves...even with rubio they werent a lock to make the playoffs...they played very well and love has been amazing this season...numbers only tell part of it...the same ppl that will put love in the top 10 will completely disregard griffins numbers...

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 01:02 AM
explain...the one thing that seems to get overlooked with melo is that he hasnt missed the playoffs yet...melo on the twolves theyd be in the playoffs...no stat can show the ability to carry a team but thats the one thing melo has...u can have a player scoring as much and rebounding more but that doesnt mean they can necessarily carry a team...another thing to think about..it took denver 4 players from the knicks to have the same production in a small period of time that melo has led them to in previous yrs..i dont want to make this into a melo vs love thread but since it was brought up..id just like u to explain...melos not a loser by any means and we all know numbers dont equal winning necessarily...some players can carry a team others cant...imo thats what always seperated cp3 and d wills i always felt cp3 did more with less than d wills who always had better teams until now..
:confused:

here is a stat for you, win shares.

kevin love-10.1
melo-5.8

AceMan
04-19-2012, 01:08 AM
I'd rather have Bron, Wade, Kobe, Dwight, Dirk, Durant, Rose and CP3. That's 8 guys. Love's on my next 3 with Westbrook and Deron.

ManRam
04-19-2012, 01:11 AM

OK. So what, they both put up double doubles on losing teams.

There is SOOOO much more to that.

naps
04-19-2012, 01:11 AM
Melo has suddenly become very overrated over the last week. Reading this thread makes me feel like it's a Melo thread.

ManRam
04-19-2012, 01:13 AM

What kind of leader stomps on pples faces & makes fun of their teammates while their on the bench? The guy is a spoiled lil ll3itch & a stat padder. Stats are all he cares about. I mean did you hear about how he came to visit the locker-room tuesday & didnt even care to stay bc his team was losing? DUDE EXITED IN THE 3RD QUARTER and said **** them. dude is a joke.

Wow! Minnesota values their FRANCHISE PLAYER? No way! How dare they.

And what does stomping someone's face have to do with their basketball ability?

"Stats are all he cares about"? Thank you for reading his mind and telling me that.

Stat padders tend to be wildly inefficient players who selfishly do anything they can to get their counting stats up. The thing is, Love is wildly EFFICIENT. Hard to call someone who is so efficient a stat padders, because even if he is padding his stats, so long as he's doing so in an efficient manner, he's going to be helping the team out.

I mean, the dude is 4th in the NBA in WS/48 and 5th in PER...how can people ignore that? He helps his team out so significantly every single night...

He has 10.1 win shares this season! That's 4th best in the league! He's helping his team soooo much.

I don't get it.

smood999

kevin love-10.1
melo-5.8

but where has that gotten the t wolves..theres only a hand full of players in the league that can carry a team and love is not one of them...the game is not played with numbers..theres more to it than that...all im saying is let it equate to real victories...im just using the same argument against love that many use about players with impressive stats but on losing teams...

another example last season with bosh vs amare...amare was better on the knicks and bosh on the heat...bosh may be better and may be better statistically but bosh would not have been able to carry the knicks like stoudemire did...alot of ppl before the season thought amare couldnt do it and the knicks wouldnt make the playoffs etc..point being love has not shown that yet and its the reason y i say melo on the wolves theyre in the playoffs

bholly
NYSpirit,

Name 15 players better.

That's why.

Sadds The Gr8
04-19-2012, 01:14 AM
this thread is filled with FAIL.

smood999
04-19-2012, 01:15 AM
NYSpirit,

Name 15 players better.

That's why.

anyone that doesnt think hes top 15 is crazy...

bholly
04-19-2012, 01:16 AM

Wow! Minnesota values their FRANCHISE PLAYER? No way! How dare they.

Lol, yeah, no idea what you're complaining about here BALK.

The funniest bit about this is didn't the Minny FO hardball him and sign him to a non-max extension? That's hardly coddling - it's an extremely rare move in the opposite direction of coddling.

tp13baby
04-19-2012, 01:17 AM

Melo is better. But like Love he is also extremely overrated by his fans.

Both great players in my book, but talks about Love being an MVP and Melo a top 5 player is laughable.

smood999
04-19-2012, 01:19 AM
Melo has suddenly become very overrated over the last week. Reading this thread makes me feel like it's a Melo thread.

cause with any thread about a player someone always has to throw out well id take him over melo..no need to bring him up

Meaze_Gibson
04-19-2012, 01:19 AM
I also dont think he is top 10 anymore. Dudes true colors as a leader started to show towards end of year. I also am 100% sure if you swapped Melo and Love when both Lin and Amare went down, Knicks would not make playoffs. He is a great player, but:

Kobe
Bron
Wade
Chris Paul
Rose
Durant
Howard
Deron Williams, Dirk, Carmelo

ManRam
04-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Lol, yeah, no idea what you're complaining about here BALK.

The funniest bit about this is didn't the Minny FO hardball him and sign him to a non-max extension? That's hardly coddling - it's an extremely rare move in the opposite direction of coddling.

Yes, they did hardball him.

That statement blew my mind. How does he think Minny should be treating him?

smood999
04-19-2012, 01:24 AM

kevin love-10.1
melo-5.8

ur throwing a win share stat at me for a player that hasnt been on a team that has won more than 25 games in a season...what sense does that make...what exactly does it show?

ManRam
04-19-2012, 01:28 AM
ur throwing a win share stat at me for a player that hasnt been on a team that has won more than 25 games in a season...what sense does that make...what exactly does it show?

It shows how valuable he was to that crappy team. :shrug:

It shows just how crappy that team is to the point that he can have such a dominant impact on a team, yet there is so little around him that it's moot.

Those stats are telling...

TheNumber37
04-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Not really a losing team as they were 8th seed bound before Rubio went down.

bholly
04-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Yes, they did hardball him.

That statement blew my mind. How does he think Minny should be treating him?

Haha, yeah. MLE or they're sissies.

ManRam
04-19-2012, 01:33 AM

Even so. KG must have been a really awful player all those years he was on a losing team. Kobe too!?! Man, those years his team wasn't good he must have just been a stat-padder on a bad team.

What Love has around him shouldn't make him any less of a player. He is what he is, and that's completely independent of what's around him.

penuch
04-19-2012, 01:33 AM
I also dont think he is top 10 anymore. Dudes true colors as a leader started to show towards end of year. I also am 100% sure if you swapped Melo and Love when both Lin and Amare went down, Knicks would not make playoffs. He is a great player, but:

Kobe
Bron
Wade
Chris Paul
Rose
Durant
Howard
Deron Williams, Dirk, Carmelo

You can't talk about true colors and then have these two guys. The way they have both acted this season is nothing to be admired.

smood999
04-19-2012, 01:34 AM

It shows just how crappy that team is to the point that he can have such a dominant impact on a team, yet there is so little around him that it's moot.

i get that..this all started cause someone said if love was on the knicks right now the knicks wouldnt be in the playoffs after all the injuries...he disagreed and thats what he threw at me...i know theres only so much a player can do but there are certain players in the league team u know that their team has a chance to win every night regardless of whos around them...that was basically my point...

Becks2307
04-19-2012, 01:34 AM
yeah, I don't agree with that either. If Love was playing with Chandler, Shumpart, and Lin; the Knicks wouldn't be in position to need to close out tight games because they would dominate out of the gate rather then skate with the other team on a bunch of empty offensive possessions and no second chance opportunities for the opposing team.

LOL what!

Im sorry but

Chandler
Love
Fields
Shumpert
Baron Davis

would def be under .500 in the last 10 games, no way we beat the bulls with that lineup or the celtics.

Melos defense is ALOT better than Love, even though its not elite by any means.

Chandler would be ridiculously exposed.

I still think Kevin Love is the IDEAL #2 in this league, but i don't think he wins a chip without a high scoring wing player.

I like Kevin love though top 15 for sure and probably the best PF in the league but he is such an anomaly because his stats don't translate to wins, granted they were doing better before he went down, lets see how he does as the team builds around him more, should be another good draft pick this year, sucks they wasted that wes johnson one lol

TeamSeattle
04-19-2012, 01:38 AM

What excuses people come up with for Kevin "fools gold" Love. The guy maybe putting up great numbers but doesn't help his team to win when he is solely the go-to guy; same with Monta Ellis. Not to mention he doesn't play a lick of defense; why do you think nobody is talking about him.

smood999
04-19-2012, 01:56 AM

kevin love-10.1
melo-5.8

so he could bring the lakers further than kobe can since kobes win shares r 6.2?

ryan anderson is ahead of dwight howard in win shares i guess he can carry them more than howard can...this is the stat that u r saying shows loves ability to carry a team...nice...hell d rose has less win shares than melo this yr i guess the bulls would be better with him as well...there r so many problems with just throwing numbers out there and this is just one of the many...or maybe ur just using the win share stat in the wrong context...

smood999
04-19-2012, 02:00 AM
ill leave with this..love deserves to be in every ones top 15 atleast...

to the other mini debate that started...love cannot carry a team the way melo can...love on the knicks during this run...knicks do not make the playoffs...melo on the wolves...t wolves r in...

Raph12
04-19-2012, 02:10 AM
Not top 10, but he's definitely top 15...

dee279
04-19-2012, 02:15 AM
Well he is not a good defender but his offensive game and rebounding skills are really good. Yea he is on a losing team but before Rubio got hurt ,who is probably the second best player on the team, they were in the playoff picture. He is definantly IM0 a top 15 player. He is getting better every season so he keeps getting even better and we know he has the will to be the best since he always calling himself the best lol. His team is pretty bad full of underachieving players and scrubs so its definantly not all on him.

AIRMAR72
04-19-2012, 02:31 AM
KEVIN love rite now is A top 10 player in NBA period

dee279
04-19-2012, 02:55 AM
KEVIN love rite now is A top 10 player in NBA period

In no particular order.

Lebron James
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard
Derrick Rose
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Russ Westbrook
Dirk Nowitzki

You put K Love in front of any of those guys? Thats my top 11 players in no order. Kevin Love would definantly be 12th. He is not better then Dirk just yet IMO, and that is the only guy i can even debate about.

mngopher35
04-19-2012, 03:23 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=nowitdi01&y1=2012&p2=willide01&y2=2012&p3=loveke01&y3=2012&p4=anthoca01&y4=2012

I dont think Dirk is the only one you can debate about, here is the seasons for dirk, deron, and melo. Now I am not saying these stats alone are enough to say love is better than these 3 but there is definitely an argument. Why is deron above love when they both play for losing teams and love has better stats and the better season? Wins and losses are on the team, not an individual. Deron was winning when surrounded by talent and loses on the nets without any help. It doesnt mean deron williams sucks now, he just has less help. The superstar argument of carrying a team I give the nod to melo, but to be fair melo never had to carry a team as bad as the wolves.

JARVIS123
04-19-2012, 03:41 AM
nothing against love but as long as he's the t'wolves #1 option they pretty much gon be the same team.love is more of a complimentary player not a #1 option or franchise player.

JARVIS123
04-19-2012, 04:06 AM
I don't get the white thing either. Do people really think he's getting hype because he white?

Al Jefferson played for the same team was in the same situation.he didnt get near as much hype nor was he even mentioned to be an allstar.hears big Al stats when he played for the t'wolves-pts23.1/blk1.7/stl0.8/rb11/fg%.497/.

PurpleJesus
04-19-2012, 04:12 AM
Love was averaging 25 and 14 when the Wolves held the current 8 seed in the west...then Rubio got hurt, then Ridnour got hurt, then Pekovic got hurt.

that is 3/5 of the starting lineup.

The argument that he puts up big numbers on a losing team is invalid, because he was putting up 25 and 14 on a winning team before everyone got hurt.

PurpleJesus
04-19-2012, 04:14 AM
Al Jefferson played for the same team was in the same situation.he didnt get near as much hype nor was he even mentioned to be an allstar.hears big Al stats when he played for the t'wolves-pts23.1/blk1.7/stl0.8/rb11/fg%.497/.

lol, Al averaged those numbers on a much worse Wolves team...and he did get hype. There was a story in Sports Illustrated about how GM's were saying they would trade 5 KG's for just 1 Al J....there was also a youtube video about getting Al J into the allstar game. Jefferson had tons of hype.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-19-2012, 04:25 AM
Would u stop with the stupid threads?

Kevin Love is a top10 player

PurpleJesus
04-19-2012, 04:31 AM
^^Knick fans, you cant really stop them from being stupid.

Eagles710
04-19-2012, 04:50 AM
Lmao, if you dont think love is a top 15 player your crazy... He is 100% Top 15.... i would say 11-12

Eagles710
04-19-2012, 04:57 AM
Here no order

Bron
wade
Cp3
Kobe
Durant westbrook
Melo
williams
Dirk
Dwight
Rose
after this its a lil tricky but Love is 100% in there
LOVE
rondo
nash << Numbers not the same, but still a Great player
Pierce
Blake or stat... probably blake

blastmasta26
04-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Anybody that claims Love has "empty stats" or isn't a winner and try to discredit him don't understand the fundamental concept of basketball being a team sport.

blastmasta26
04-19-2012, 06:59 AM
^^Knick fans, you cant really stop them from being stupid.

Stop baiting.

sintaks12
04-19-2012, 07:06 AM
Imagine if Love was a Knick. This forum would be flooded with Love threads :speechless:

If Love was a Knick he'd be an overrated, slow chucker who only gets rebounds because "his teammates can't make any shots."

thekmp211
04-19-2012, 07:28 AM

to the other mini debate that started...love cannot carry a team the way melo can...love on the knicks during this run...knicks do not make the playoffs...melo on the wolves...t wolves r in...

this is ********. melos worst team in his career is better than loves best team, this one, by far. it's just not a valid comparison. he was burying teams early on when his teammates were better. go watch him play, and you'll see how wrong that statement is. switch love and melo, and the wolves are NOT in the playoffs, get outta here.

In no particular order.

Lebron James
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard
Derrick Rose
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Russ Westbrook
Dirk Nowitzki

You put K Love in front of any of those guys? Thats my top 11 players in no order. Kevin Love would definantly be 12th. He is not better then Dirk just yet IMO, and that is the only guy i can even debate about.

going off of this year? he was better than deron, melo, rose and (imo) kobe.

nothing against love but as long as he's the t'wolves #1 option they pretty much gon be the same team.love is more of a complimentary player not a #1 option or franchise player.

again, you've never watched him play.

he didn't post a 30/30 game? lead the league in rebounding? shoot 40% from three point range? and then have a bunch of scrubs on the cusp of a playoff spot?

al jefferson got exactly the right amount of hype. he is a good player, not a star and nowhere close to kevin love. they aren't even similar players. surely you don't think having similar stats makes guys the same?

eugene
04-19-2012, 08:24 AM
I been saying this too.

EDIT:I clearly know Love is better but if don't win your just another scrub that's my opinion

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

MagicBucsSox
04-19-2012, 08:46 AM
IF he's just a stat stuffer then why isn't everyone on bad teams doin it? Psd has become a clown website

JC_
04-19-2012, 09:04 AM

What...the...****...

Hawkeye15
04-19-2012, 09:14 AM
jesus. Again?

This forum regurgitates itself every other week.

I wonder if there is a Rondo thread going on right now?

thenaj17
04-19-2012, 09:16 AM
oh dear.

Not quite true. There may not be allstars on the roster but players like Beasley (scoring), D-Williams, Peckovic and mainly Rubio were producing a lot more than people gave them credit for. It could be argued Rubio is the more valuable player on the roster as T'Wolves have tanked since he went down. Replace Love with a similar hustle PF (with Rubio playing), what would the results be? We probably won't find out but T'Wolves record is similar to last year.

NY Drizzy
04-19-2012, 09:29 AM

thekmp211
04-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Not quite true. There may not be allstars on the roster but players like Beasley (scoring), D-Williams, Peckovic and mainly Rubio were producing a lot more than people gave them credit for. It could be argued Rubio is the more valuable player on the roster as T'Wolves have tanked since he went down. Replace Love with a similar hustle PF (with Rubio playing), what would the results be? We probably won't find out but T'Wolves record is similar to last year.

if you have 3 good players, and 2 go out, then team suffers. it doesn't matter which one goes. that's the point.

it's not some sort of barometer of how valuable rubio was. he was great, i love his game and stats don't say it all; that said, he is by no means a finished product or even someone you could say is an established quality starting player. same for pek. so love's two best teammates have about 4 months of collective nba excellence between them. the rest of the guys are prospects or career bench players. it's just not a conversation.

it's just clear that you don't watch the team play.

thekmp211
04-19-2012, 09:36 AM
jesus. Again?

at least we keep that one running. people should be forced to watch 5 games by any team they want to comment on, for their own sake.

iliketurtles24
04-19-2012, 09:53 AM
if you have 3 good players, and 2 go out, then team suffers. it doesn't matter which one goes. that's the point.

it's not some sort of barometer of how valuable rubio was. he was great, i love his game and stats don't say it all; that said, he is by no means a finished product or even someone you could say is an established quality starting player. same for pek. so love's two best teammates have about 4 months of collective nba excellence between them. the rest of the guys are prospects or career bench players. it's just not a conversation.

it's just clear that you don't watch the team play.

This, nailed it.

Thank you for not being an idiot!

iliketurtles24
04-19-2012, 10:05 AM
jesus. Again?

PJ didn't start this thread hawk, dont accuse the innocent.

nycericanguy
04-19-2012, 10:11 AM

MIN was one of the worst teams in the NBA the prior 2 or 3 years.

Theres a saying, we can be a last place team with you or without you. I mean how much worse could MIN possibly get if Love hadn't been there?

I will say Love has put up some AMAZING stats, but I think its telling that he had this team winning 17-20 games a year, then Rubio goes there and they're a .500 team, Rubio goes down and MIN is back to the basement. A 21 year old rookie PG was able to lead MIN to a decent record, why can't Love?

Love is better than Lee, no doubt. but Lee put up 20/12 & 4 in NY, and he's putting up 20 & 10 & 3 this year, and its translating to absolutely nothing.

Love may not have the talent around him to contend, but a truly great player keeps his team competitive at least, thats something Love, as the self proclaimed "best PF in the NBA" has failed to do in his 4 years in the league.

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 10:25 AM

thekmp211
04-19-2012, 10:28 AM
MIN was one of the worst teams in the NBA the prior 2 or 3 years.

Theres a saying, we can be a last place team with you or without you. I mean how much worse could MIN possibly get if Love hadn't been there?

I will say Love has put up some AMAZING stats, but I think its telling that he had this team winning 17-20 games a year, then Rubio goes there and they're a .500 team, Rubio goes down and MIN is back to the basement. A 21 year old rookie PG was able to lead MIN to a decent record, why can't Love?

Love is better than Lee, no doubt. but Lee put up 20/12 & 4 in NY, and he's putting up 20 & 10 & 3 this year, and its translating to absolutely nothing.

Love may not have the talent around him to contend, but a truly great player keeps his team competitive at least, thats something Love, as the self proclaimed "best PF in the NBA" has failed to do in his 4 years in the league.

don't think about it like that. if minny had already had rubio and pek, and had acquired love this off season, it would have gone down similarly.

short of pure superstars, like 2005 kobe, prime t-mac, shaq...name me a star player who took a similar cast of clowns to the playoffs? the names i mentioned are among the most dominant individuals to ever step foot on the court, so not living up to them means nothing in terms of this conversation.

if you have an 8 man rotation, 3 good players and 2 go down, what are you left with? 1/8 quality players. does that sound like a recipe for success to you?

Jumi
04-19-2012, 10:30 AM
I can't understand the Kevin Love hate! The guy is a top 15 player, period! It's not even questionable! When you have the Bobcats, Warrors, Kings, Hornets and Cleveland in the league and no one on theire teams puts up the same numbers! They'd be in the playoff hunt if Rubio didn't get hurt. How hard is that to figure out!! Jesus Christ! The cat's redefining the position of PF to a certain extent and you think he's not one of the players in the league, smh!!!!

dee279
04-19-2012, 11:26 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=nowitdi01&y1=2012&p2=willide01&y2=2012&p3=loveke01&y3=2012&p4=anthoca01&y4=2012

I dont think Dirk is the only one you can debate about, here is the seasons for dirk, deron, and melo. Now I am not saying these stats alone are enough to say love is better than these 3 but there is definitely an argument. Why is deron above love when they both play for losing teams and love has better stats and the better season? Wins and losses are on the team, not an individual. Deron was winning when surrounded by talent and loses on the nets without any help. It doesnt mean deron williams sucks now, he just has less help. The superstar argument of carrying a team I give the nod to melo, but to be fair melo never had to carry a team as bad as the wolves.

Well i would have to say Deron's team is worse then the TWolves. But IMO Deron is an absolute top 10. But it can b debateable. And Melo too but i think he is a far better scorer and good rebounder for his size. Not K Love level rebounder and thats where Love is the best but neither is good at defense. I would have to put Melo top 10.

ChitownSports16
04-19-2012, 11:46 AM

This x10000000

Love>Griffin

THE MTL
04-19-2012, 01:19 PM

You need to check again man. Once, Rubio left that team started losing. Kevin Love only missed 4 games. Watch your basketball. That team is 4-14 with Love and no Rubio.

Rubio is the true MVP of that team.

Kevin Love is great, but his stats dont win games. He is like the more amazing PF version of Monta Ellis.

JasonJohnHorn
04-19-2012, 01:29 PM
I think the reason people think Love is a top ten player, is because he IS a top ten player.

What a silly question. I couldnt even hope to name ten players that are better than him.

Seriously. I realize you can't quantify such a subjective matter, but could you imagine where this team would be if, like LBJ he had Wade and Bosh playing with him? People want to knock him because the team starting losing when Rubio went down. Yes, Rubio was valuable to the team,but his FG% was way too low and the team was going through a tough stretch of games. The T-Wolves team wouldnt have made the playoff this year, even if Rubio was playing, but there were other injuries to. This team only has one PG playing on their roster right now.

Could you imagine how amazing the T-Wolves would be if they had even one other all-star on the team?

Right now Love is a lone wolf. The fact he doesn't have help doesn't cancel out the amazing things he does on the court.

Jesus... anybody who doesn't think Love in among the ten best players in the league clearly has not been watching games.

the unknown
04-19-2012, 01:36 PM
I guess statisically he is the best PF in the game right now. I was reading bleacher report and they have him as the 5th best player in the NBA. I dont take bleacher report to heart. It is usually pretty terrible. He is ahead of Dirk, Melo, D rose among others. I know is numbers are beast. His numbers dont translate to wins at all. They were in the playoff hunt with Ricky Rubio and then he went out and went like 1-7 without him. Then Love got injured. HIs numbers are prob top 5 in the NBA.. but i dont feel it translate into wins at all.

no order but i still ROndo, dwill, cp3, rose, durant, melo, wade, drose, dirk, howard, lbj,kobe, westbrook, are better all around players than him.. si or no?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1136211-nbas-top-10-players-can-you-be-the-best-without-a-ring#/articles/1136211-nbas-top-10-players-can-you-be-the-best-without-a-ring/page/8

uprightciti
04-19-2012, 01:36 PM
this is silly kevin love is a top 10 for sure

his game is like a better david lee with a 3 point shot and better defense

the only reason that the timberwolves fell apart is Rubio got hurt and Barea and Love dont get along
and i think they said to themselves

do we fight for the 8th seed or do we get a lottery pick in a hot draft!

the unknown
04-19-2012, 01:38 PM
plus his defense is pretty bad and he is shooting like 44% from the field..

lvlheaded
04-19-2012, 01:49 PM
11-12 MIN 55 55 39.0 0.448 0.372 0.824 4.1 9.2 13.3 2.0 0.8 0.5 2.3 2.8 26.0

Yeah, id take that on my team any day of the week. Top 10-15 player easy

Ebbs
04-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Top 10-15 I certainly wouldn't take him over more proven players on a one year basis

uprightciti
04-19-2012, 01:52 PM
1. Lebron
2. Durrant
3. Rose
4. Love
5. DWade
6. Kobe
7. Melo
8. Bynum
9. Rondo
10. CP3
11. DWilliams
12. Griffin
13. Dirk
14. Westbrook
15. Howard the Coward

blastmasta26
04-19-2012, 01:53 PM
this is silly kevin love is a top 10 for sure

his game is like a better david lee with a 3 point shot and better defense

the only reason that the timberwolves fell apart is Rubio got hurt and Barea and Love dont get along
and i think they said to themselves

do we fight for the 8th seed or do we get a lottery pick in a hot draft!
Don't the Hornets have the T-Wolves pick?

jim51990
04-19-2012, 01:56 PM
1. Lebron
2. Durrant
3. Rose
4. Love
5. DWade
6. Kobe
7. Melo
8. Bynum
9. Rondo
10. CP3
11. DWilliams
12. Griffin
13. Dirk
14. Westbrook
15. Howard the Coward

2-ONE-5
04-19-2012, 01:57 PM
there is already a Love thread going on debating this exact topic...

momanpr100
04-19-2012, 02:01 PM
To me him and Blake Griffin are the most overrated players in the league. None of them could carry a team as evident when Rubio went down. And wit no CP the clippers are nothing. They're stat stuffers more so Love. None is impact players and thats ashame.

momanpr100
04-19-2012, 02:02 PM
And Lamarcus Aldridge is the most underrate player in the league.

the unknown
04-19-2012, 02:05 PM
he is the pf version of Allen Iverson on bad teams.. 10 games out of the playoffs putting up 28 and 8 with a terrible fg percentage

the unknown
04-19-2012, 02:05 PM
the way Melo is playing in April.. he is def in the top 10.. he has been the best player in the league for the last 3 weeks... but Cp3 is prob better

the unknown
04-19-2012, 02:08 PM
1. Lebron
2. Durrant
3. Rose
4. Love
5. DWade
6. Kobe
7. Melo
8. Bynum
9. Rondo
10. CP3
11. DWilliams
12. Griffin
13. Dirk
14. Westbrook
15. Howard the Coward

you really put love ahead of Kobe and Dwade.. so if you were a gm in real life you would say Love is actuualy better and more valuable to a team than all those other players..

Love is great fantasy player(period)

SaimuKala
04-19-2012, 02:16 PM
1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Kobe
4. CP3
5. Wade
6. Dwight
7. Love
8. Westbrick
9. Carmelo
10. Rondo? Deron? I don't know

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-19-2012, 02:18 PM
plus his defense is pretty bad and he is shooting like 44% from the field..

he takes threes you know?:eyebrow:

jchase3
04-19-2012, 02:20 PM
He's top 10... I would say #9 overall (#1 PF)

uprightciti
04-19-2012, 02:20 PM
you really put love ahead of Kobe and Dwade.. so if you were a gm in real life you would say Love is actuualy better and more valuable to a team than all those other players..

Love is great fantasy player(period)

yes because of age
and potential

he is dirk 2.0 but with a greater rebounding ability
and the dude is only 23

kobe is 33 and near the end of his career and has been out the past 5 games
dwade is 30 and one hard foul away from a serious injury

i am the gm
i say K. Love

uprightciti
04-19-2012, 02:22 PM
That is by far the worst list ive ever seem in my life. Melo
In top ten but cp3 and dwill not hilarious

yes melo is the best scorer in the nba and he is in the top 10

and cp3 has had some bad injuries in the past that could come back up very soon

adn dwill has proven that he can not lead a ****** team to the playoffs so....whats up?

YankeesR#2
04-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Cause he is awesome. Pretty incredible player.

That's something we can agree on. I think the reason he isn't considered a top 10 player is that he doesn't play in a major market.

This century

New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics and Boston Bruins- 7 Championships

New York Giants, New York Jets, Buffalo Bills, New York Yankees, New York Mets, New York Knicks, New Jersey Nets, New York Rangers, New York Islanders New Jersey Devils- 4 Championships

I'll take it

MELO 15
04-19-2012, 02:40 PM
^^^^^^
This!:clap:

dee279
04-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Don't the Hornets have the T-Wolves pick?

Sure do.

PurpleJesus
04-19-2012, 02:44 PM
To me him and Blake Griffin are the most overrated players in the league. None of them could carry a team as evident when Rubio went down. And wit no CP the clippers are nothing. They're stat stuffers more so Love. None is impact players and thats ashame.

And Lamarcus Aldridge is the most underrate player in the league.

the irony is too much for me to handle right now.

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 02:45 PM
This argument again? Really? If you can't see a case for Kevin Love being a top 15 player you know nothing about basketball. NOTHING.

PurpleJesus
04-19-2012, 02:48 PM
and to the people who say Love's defense is terrible, you really need to watch him play, instead of taking everyones word for it.

Blitzace137
04-19-2012, 02:49 PM
If Love was a Knick he'd be an overrated, slow chucker who only gets rebounds because "his teammates can't make any shots."

haha true don't forget defense just another knick player who plays no defense. Everyone felt sorry for rubio when he got injured but when Lin got injured a good amount of people were happy that he did

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Love's D is vastly improved if you think he sucks on that end of the floor you clearly don't watch him play in the very least

topdog
04-19-2012, 02:51 PM
What excuses people come up with for Kevin "fools gold" Love. The guy maybe putting up great numbers but doesn't help his team to win when he is solely the go-to guy; same with Monta Ellis. Not to mention he doesn't play a lick of defense; why do you think nobody is talking about him.

Hitting a 3pt shot at the buzzer to beat the Clippers isn't helping his team win? Scoring efficiently and spreading the defense doesn't help his team win?

The biggest difference the Wolves of 2011-12 had on 2010-11 is Rubio. There were no major trades or sudden jumps in player production. But that made the Wolves a winning team (above .500 and progressing above until Rubio's injury). Giving Love one really good player (who isn't a very good scorer yet btw) slightly decreased his rebounds (only 2nd in the league) and increased his PPG by a couple per game. What are you talking about with hollow stats?! A more talented team helped him become a better scorer.

And no defense? Look at some advanced stats rather than a boxscore. Love is not a shot swatter but he's not a swinging door either.

Finally, Love on the Knicks wouldn't be in the playoffs?! Until Rubio went down, the Wolves had a better record than the Knicks. The Wolves play in the West and that means about 3 games less a piece against teams like the Wiz, Bobcats and Nets.

Joshtd1
04-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Top 10.

There really aren't many guys in the league at all that could take a team like Love's (without Rubio) and get them into the playoffs. He finally had some help and they were in the playoffs early on.

PurpleJesus
04-19-2012, 02:54 PM
the "no defense" argument people have for Love is getting ridiculous. I don't think those people have ever seen him play. He's not Garnett on defense, but he can play on that side of the court.

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Why in God's name are people saying Love doesn't helo his team win? Don't you guys watch basketball? Don't you guys know how to gauge the value of a player's supporting cast? Or do you just make ignorant blanket statments like Love isn't good because his team isn't winning.

PSD just continues to amaze me.

BklynKnicks3
04-19-2012, 02:58 PM
top 15

Swashcuff
Reading through this whole thread and it's just full with inconsistencies and a bunch of posters who clearly have NO idea what they are even talking about.

UKblazers
Why in God's name are people saying Love doesn't helo his team win? Don't you guys watch basketball? Don't you guys know how to gauge the value of a player's supporting cast? Or do you just make ignorant blanket statments like Love isn't good because his team isn't winning.

PSD just continues to amaze me.

Saves me typing it out...

PurpleJesus
04-19-2012, 02:59 PM
the knock on his 44% FG is ridiculous as well...his TS% is 57%, which is higher than almost anyone I can think of...it is higher than Kobe, Wade and Dirk just to name a few.

blystr2002
04-19-2012, 03:09 PM
He is easily 12-15. You can make a very realistic argument that he is anywhere from 7-11. Wait one more ridiculous year before the top 7 though.

The fact is there is a reason people keep making these threads. The kid is the real deal. I laugh when people mention his defense and yet have Melo up high. Atleast, Love spreads the floor and gets an absurd amount of rebounds.

D-Leethal
04-19-2012, 03:10 PM
He's up there. If he was on the Knicks this thread would be rampant with things like 'slow', 'no defense', 'only plays 1 side of the ball', 'not a winner'....

D-Leethal
04-19-2012, 03:10 PM
In order to be considered top 10 while being a poor defender on this board you need to be the following:

1) Great offensive player
2) Not on the Knicks

PurpleJesus
04-19-2012, 03:11 PM
He's up there. If he was on the Knicks this thread would be rampant with things like 'slow', 'no defense', 'only plays 1 side of the ball', 'not a winner'....

this thread is like that...maybe not this one, but the identical thread on Love that is about 10 pages long...full of no defense, not a winner, not athletic type comments.

PurpleJesus
04-19-2012, 03:12 PM
In order to be considered top 10 while being a poor defender on this board you need to be the following:

2) Not on the Knicks

his defense really isnt that bad.

blystr2002
04-19-2012, 03:16 PM

If your referring to how people treat Melo. The difference is Melo is in his 10th yr. and has stopped improving his game to make up for those flaws. This is Melo's peak. Love is only 23 in his 4th year and gotten better every year including his defense.

WestCoastSportz
04-19-2012, 03:20 PM
If Lebron and Wade are both in the top 5 players in the NBA, then they would of won that championship last year. I like both players and although Lebron could easily be #1 but its debatable. I see Wade in the bottom half of 10 and possibly at the beginning of 11-15. Just my quick top 10

1. Lebron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Derrick Rose
6. Dwight Howard
7. Deron Williams
8. Dwayne Wade
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Kevin Love

I have Anthony low because the Knicks were actually better without him than with him. He's a scorer, but does very little of anything else, especially anything else that can help his team win. I'm looking at impact versus numbers.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-19-2012, 03:28 PM
He's in the top 10. I've got a definitive top 5 but after that Rose, Kobe, Dirk, Love, Russy and DWill is kinda tough. I'd probably would have Love and Deron/Westbrook as 9/10.

2) Not on the Knicks

Love's got a pretty solid defensive game now. Much improved from last season.

Chronz
04-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Top 15 for sure

Top 10 is arguable

2-ONE-5
04-19-2012, 03:45 PM
^agree. This was the year i joined the Love bandwagon. He passed amare and blake this year, if not last.

Furymaker
04-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Lebron , Durant , Wade , Rose , Paul , Kobe , Dwight , Melo , Dirk , Bynum , Love , D-Will ( in no order ) ... He's top 15 no doubt

LA4life24/8
04-19-2012, 04:36 PM

this... if you consider griffin a top 15 you have to consider klove in the same regard, klove has the better all around game, hell never dunk like griffin but thats it, i dont see griffin ever shooting the three or even rebounding as well as love does either, basically to sum it up take off love and griffin from each team respectively and think how many wins each team would still have, i think the clips would def still have a winning record, the wolves might not even have 15 wins

also flip the two players around... think how good clippers would be if love was on there team, a power forward who rebounds and stretches the floor? great in pick and pop situations with cp3... jordan and griffin are basically the same player griffs just more athletic so they kinda cancel each other out a little bit, but with love itd be totally different, and i think theyd be even better

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 04:38 PM
he is the pf version of Allen Iverson on bad teams.. 10 games out of the playoffs putting up 28 and 8 with a terrible fg percentage

:laugh2:

The NBA forum just gets better with every post.

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 04:42 PM
A guy said that people love the fact that Kevin Love is white :laugh2: Better with each page

smiddy012
04-19-2012, 04:54 PM

Maybe because two healthy all-star caliber players are better than one? Are you really that f'ing ignorant? You're basically saying, "Well if Rubio could make this a winning team with Love by his side yet Love can't make this team a winner without Rubio then clearly Rubio>Love and Rubio is capable of leading this team to win whereas Love can't."

This thread is just so freaking ********. But when you look at the OP it's not so surprising. Posters who boil down statistical superiority to points and rebound averages are mentally inferior individuals who don't understand the game. The argument that there's nobody else good on the team IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM hurts Love's argument, in fact the fact that he has no help yet is efficient as hell helps his argument.

driz
04-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Doesn't matter WHAT team you're on, or what the outcome of the game is. You put up 20-20 on a regular basis like this guy does?? You're stellar.

smiddy012
04-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Reading through this whole thread and it's just full with inconsistencies and a bunch of posters who clearly have NO idea what they are even talking about.

x2

Sota4Ever
04-19-2012, 05:05 PM
This thread wins for worst thread of the season. With some of the worst posters on psd.

smiddy012
04-19-2012, 05:10 PM

Jesus christ. Does this thread attract retards or something?

If you have nothing to offer to this conversation, please **** off, nobody wants your opinion. A bunch of dumb ***es in this thread participating in a ego-driven circle jerk.

uprightciti
04-19-2012, 05:12 PM
this is why http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/NBAMVP-120418/#nbamvp-rankings

Blitzbolt
04-19-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm not gonna waste my time anymore on a guy who has never been in a game that matters.

When he wins a playoff series with much of 20/20s I will lick his B@!ls and praise him not now.

momanpr100
04-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Jesus christ. Does this thread attract retards or something?

If you have nothing to offer to this conversation, please **** off, nobody wants your opinion. A bunch of dumb ***es in this thread participating in a ego-driven circle jerk.

i did moron. wat makes you a expert. you prolly learned your ball on this forum. grow the **** up.

blastmasta26
04-19-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm not gonna waste my time anymore on a guy who has never been in a game that matters.

When he wins a playoff series with much of 20/20s I will lick his B@!ls and praise him not now.

I'm not sure what's more ignorant, the implication that Love's stats are meaningless since it's the regular season, or the fact that you tried to censor "balls."

If Lebron and Wade are both in the top 5 players in the NBA, then they would of won that championship last year. I like both players and although Lebron could easily be #1 but its debatable. I see Wade in the bottom half of 10 and possibly at the beginning of 11-15. Just my quick top 10

1. Lebron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Derrick Rose
6. Dwight Howard
7. Deron Williams
8. Dwayne Wade
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Kevin Love

I have Anthony low because the Knicks were actually better without him than with him. He's a scorer, but does very little of anything else, especially anything else that can help his team win. I'm looking at impact versus numbers.

The bolded is flawed logic. LeBron didn't quite play like a top 5 player in the Finals, and the difference in role players made up for the talent disparity in stars.

Doesn't matter WHAT team you're on, or what the outcome of the game is. You put up 20-20 on a regular basis like this guy does?? You're stellar.

Exactly.

blastmasta26
04-19-2012, 05:28 PM
i did moron. wat makes you a expert. you prolly learned your ball on this forum. grow the **** up.
If you come to a forum and don't expect to learn something, what is the point of discussion in the first place?

CoffeeJanitor
04-19-2012, 05:33 PM
He is a top tier scorer and rebounder, that's why.

If he improves his defense he will be top 5 for years to come.

haggis
04-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Because he now has a mustache:

http://i.imgur.com/tP52l.jpg

CoffeeJanitor
04-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Also, all of you morons going off of team success should look at the Wolves roster over the past few years. Kahn has FUBAR'd this team over his tenure--Rubio is his only posive acquisition.

blastmasta26
04-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Because he now has a mustache:

http://i.imgur.com/tP52l.jpg
:speechless:

Blitzbolt
04-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Also, all of you morons going off of team success should look at the Wolves roster over the past few years. Kahn has FUBAR'd this team over his tenure--Rubio is his only posive acquisition.

A top 10 player should have atleast a winning record even if he has a WNBA roster.

knicks4life33
04-19-2012, 06:04 PM
kevin love is a beast come onnnnn

momanpr100
04-19-2012, 06:21 PM
If you come to a forum and don't expect to learn something, what is the point of discussion in the first place?

to voice opinion and hear others insights. but not to learn. i voice my opinion and i get attacked. cant talk sports with someone wit a small mind.

smiddy012
04-19-2012, 06:26 PM
to voice opinion and hear others insights. but not to learn. i voice my opinion and i get attacked. cant talk sports with someone wit a small mind.

can't debate with someone who's either too ignorant or too lazy to properly articulate themself. the art of basketball rankings is actually tougher to master than the art of english in my book.

Sota4Ever
04-19-2012, 06:26 PM
A top 10 player should have atleast a winning record even if he has a WNBA roster.

You are one of the worst posters on this site and that is saying something. Every time I read on your posts i just want to do this :facepalm: a hundred times.

JLin
04-19-2012, 06:31 PM
MIN was one of the worst teams in the NBA

When rubio is on the court whole team is playing, when rubio is not on the court only love plays. He is a great player, but he is not a superstar and he can't win the game on his own. He can't take the ball and decide the game like lebron or kobe.

smiddy012
04-19-2012, 06:32 PM

If this is a sincere post I sincerely pity this poster.

I keep hearing about how superstar players carry "****" teams... this thread demonstrates how so many posters don't understand the concept of a team-sport such as basketball. MJ, the GOAT, could very well have no rings if it weren't for Pippen and a good cast of role-players, this is not a 1v1 solo sport. Let me repeat, even MJ, one of the greatest and best competitors in the history of mankind, needed "help" to be a winner.

smiddy012
04-19-2012, 06:34 PM
When rubio is on the court whole team is playing, when rubio is not on the court only love plays. He is a great player, but he is not a superstar and he can't win the game on his own. He can't take the ball and decide the game like lebron or kobe.

Wow! I never knew that! And here we were putting KLove on a pedestal with Kobe and Lebron...

smiddy012
04-19-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm not sure what's more ignorant, the implication that Love's stats are meaningless since it's the regular season, or the fact that you tried to censor "balls."

i laughed out loud.

Blitzbolt
04-19-2012, 06:51 PM
If this is a sincere post I sincerely pity this poster.

I keep hearing about how superstar players carry "****" teams... this thread demonstrates how so many posters don't understand the concept of a team-sport such as basketball. MJ, the GOAT, could very well have no rings if it weren't for Pippen and a good cast of role-players, this is not a 1v1 solo sport. Let me repeat, even MJ, one of the greatest and best competitors in the history of mankind, needed "help" to be a winner.

???Love is not even over .500 he has only been over .500 once since he was drafted.MJ had a bigger goal and it was rings.

smiddy012
04-19-2012, 06:58 PM
???Love is not even over .500 he has only been over .500 once since he was drafted.MJ had a bigger goal and it was rings.

MJs first 3 seasons the Bulls weren't even a +500 team. Amazing how a team is a sum of parts as opposed to just one part...

You are seriously not contributing anything to PSD.

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 07:34 PM
MJs first 3 seasons the Bulls weren't even a +500 team. Amazing how a team is a sum of parts as opposed to just one part...

You are seriously not contributing anything to PSD.

I can fully agree to that. He has quick,y become one of the worst posters I've ever seen in my time here on PSD

NokomisLiving
04-19-2012, 07:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSJfURcwZN4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLpAW5sEEao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVEXmPd700

Klove is developing a little clutchness to him. I don't think people have seen him enough this year, they still think he gets all his points off put backs or something.

And yeah the team has sucked without Rubio, and while when he was still healthy the team was in the 8th spot. I think it is a two way street, if Rubio was still healthy but Klove, Pek, JJ, Luke, and Beasley are all hurt, then how is that team winning any games either?

They are both important to each other, and to discount what he does for the team because he can't play 1v5 is wrong in my opinion.

Swashcuff
04-19-2012, 07:38 PM
You are one of the worst posters on this site and that is saying something. Every time I read on your posts i just want to do this :facepalm: a hundred times.

He knows NOTHING about basketball NOTHING

Sota4Ever
04-19-2012, 08:28 PM

What is Love's goal. Since you talk to him all the time you should know right? Just shut up and stop talking about basketball my dog named kobe knows more about basketball than you.

RonE Coleman
04-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Why do people consider love a top 10-15 player? BECAUSE HE IS

topdog
04-19-2012, 08:44 PM
What is Love's goal. Since you talk to him all the time you should know right? Just shut up and stop talking about basketball my dog named kobe knows more about basketball than you.

:laugh2: So, your dog at least knows that a basketball is round? Like this -> :laugh:

Sota4Ever
04-19-2012, 08:51 PM
He actually plays some good defense.

bholly
04-19-2012, 09:20 PM

So you're saying he should win an MVP and lead a team to the finals?

I wouldn't be surprised.

ball4reel
04-19-2012, 09:41 PM
He is the best PF in the game and puts up great #'s.You can argue top 10 But top 15 is no question..

iliketurtles24
04-19-2012, 11:54 PM

this is ironic coming from you, considering your arch enemy is balkis.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2012, 12:02 AM
Love is a stat stuffer who doesn't effect games. The only contribution he gives is his beard.

#overrated.

CoffeeJanitor
04-20-2012, 04:01 AM
Love is a stat stuffer who doesn't effect games. The only contribution he gives is his beard.

#overrated.Dude doesn't even have the beard to lean on anymore

YankeesR#2
04-20-2012, 07:33 AM

You named your dog after an admitted rapist?

LOS ANGELES where 11 Championships happened
=================================

oak2455
04-20-2012, 09:06 AM
You named your dog after an admitted rapist?

=================================
Wow you are a clown.....first your user name..... Then you saying Kobe admitted to raping who? Just stop trolling:facepalm: wow PSD lows everyday

pebloemer
04-20-2012, 09:20 AM

This is probably one of the biggest misconceptions in basketball... I would love it if you listed 10 current NBA players capable of doing this.

You realize that in 06/07 Kobe Bryant had what most people would consider and MVP caliber season and he could only elevate the Lakers to a 42-40 record and 7th seed in the West. If Odom had missed more games or Phil Jackson wasn't the coach behind the bench, do you really think that team would have made the playoffs on Kobe's back alone?

That team had at the very least a Top 3 player in Bryant at the time (most would argue Top 1).

While NBA is a sport where one player can have a monumental impact on a team, the game is still played 5 on 5.

Minnesota has a .200 winning percentage without Love and a .444 winning percentage with him. If you want to argue team success, you can look at a pretty significant argument there alone. Add in individual statistics and I would absolutely say Top 15 player. Top 10 is agruable.

I guess people are absurd to consider Deron Williams a Top 10-15 player too.

YankeesR#2
04-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Wow you are a clown.....first your user name..... Then you saying Kobe admitted to raping who? Just stop trolling:facepalm: wow PSD lows everyday

Here it is from Kobe's own mouth

...... Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter......

The woman gets to decide if she has been raped or not. That's the way the law works. If the guy got to decide, there wouldn't be any such thing as rape.

If Kobe had been a kitchen worker at the resort instead of a millionaire basketball palyer he would be in jail as we speak and as far as trolling goes if someone named their dog Hitler, would it be trolling to point out that it is in bad taste?

I suspect the reason you are posting this afternoon is because you are home for school vacation.

]=================================

PurpleJesus
04-20-2012, 01:27 PM
This is probably one of the biggest misconceptions in basketball... I would love it if you listed 10 current NBA players capable of doing this.

You realize that in 06/07 Kobe Bryant had what most people would consider and MVP caliber season and he could only elevate the Lakers to a 42-40 record and 7th seed in the West. If Odom had missed more games or Phil Jackson wasn't the coach behind the bench, do you really think that team would have made the playoffs on Kobe's back alone?

That team had at the very least a Top 3 player in Bryant at the time (most would argue Top 1).

While NBA is a sport where one player can have a monumental impact on a team, the game is still played 5 on 5.

Minnesota has a .200 winning percentage without Love and a .444 winning percentage with him. If you want to argue team success, you can look at a pretty significant argument there alone. Add in individual statistics and I would absolutely say Top 15 player. Top 10 is agruable.

I guess people are absurd to consider Deron Williams a Top 10-15 player too.

sig worthy.