PDA

View Full Version : Should athletes smoke more weed?

Chronz
04-18-2012, 02:03 PM
As a fan, would you like it if your player smoked before a big game?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7819621/ncf-oregon-ducks-deny-drug-culture-eugene-espn-magazine

Americans are "living in an environment where there's a greater tolerance of use, not just among the young and experimenters but also the old and afflicted," says Harry Edwards, a UC Berkeley professor emeritus of sports sociology who works with major sports leagues on off-field issues. Recently, the researchers of a study in Sports Medicine wrote that athletes claim "smoking cannabis before play helps them focus better" and increases their creativity, and prior studies have found use among athletes to decrease anxiety, fear, depression and tension.

With social mores shifting toward wider acceptance, as they did long ago in Oregon, athletes who toke see little difference between marijuana and more acceptable, legal drugs, such as alcohol. Spend a night with an off-duty pro and you're more likely to see him high than drunk. One NBA player's recent charity event devolved into players from rival teams hotboxing the DJ booth and bonding over blunts. At another fundraiser, Snoop Dogg asked the audience -- many of whom were NFL and NBA players -- to pass him some weed, and they showered him with flaming joints. One professional athlete likes to tell the story of a traffic stop that ended with the officer telling him to leave his weed at home -- "and good luck this season."

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 02:05 PM
not before a game, hell no.

Kuya_Clive
04-18-2012, 02:08 PM
only if they use a vaporizer...no papers

Chronz
04-18-2012, 02:13 PM
not before a game, hell no.

The morning of, or the night before?

Rivera
04-18-2012, 02:14 PM
the nba has the most pot heads in any sport

it depends on how you and your body react when you smoke weed

i know people who are nasty when they smoke weed....there wayyy better high than sober

than ive seen people smoke who are good and just suck! cant breathe cant shoot his periphrials are all messed up cause of the pot

the nba has the most pot heads

5ass
04-18-2012, 02:16 PM
It depends if it helps them focus in game then yes, but if thy're going to o out there amd look lost then no. Its going to vary from person to person.
Smoking weed before exercise makes u tired quickly. I used to smoke and hit the gym a few years back, but i wasnt doing heavy training.

Shmontaine
04-18-2012, 02:18 PM
before nba 2k?? totally..

before going on the court?? no way... it adversely effects performance, especially when that heart gets pumping...

also, do you have to toke again at halftime?? coming down in the 4th would not be the way to go IMO..

Ezekial
I smoke weed before a pick-up game of hockey/basketball............ But, I'm not a pro athlete.

Leave the weed for after the game, after you workout on your off days, and after you work out in the off season.
That's what the successful pro athlete pot heads do, and the most successful ones are the ones that know one would even suspect of smoking(BUT THEY DO!)

justinnum1

Not the day of, after a game ok. but not the day of.

Chronz
04-18-2012, 02:19 PM

Not sure if you are joking but thats actually a really good point. The high is very different thru a vape

Kuya_Clive
04-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Not sure if you are joking but thats actually a really good point. The high is very different thru a vape

yup :)
it does kinda depend on the person too...blunts are cool but the paper is bad for you...Bowls and bongs get a lot of people extra high but the feeling from a vape is really clean if you know what I'm tryna say

John Walls Era
04-18-2012, 02:35 PM
athletes claim "smoking cannabis before play helps them focus better" and increases their creativity

This is why athletes should smoke less.

uprightciti
04-18-2012, 02:46 PM
yeah this is stupid

imagine the the bench players cheering for free taco night
or like ordering food to there seat

no dumb

Chronz
04-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Not that Ive studied the matter but off my head Ive never found any correlation to my play and weed smoking. Sometimes I play like **** and I blame the weed, sometimes I play better than ever and I credit the weed. I wonder if the strain changes performance or if it just takes you to either extreme end of playing really bad or really good.

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 02:51 PM
make sure its a sativa if you are going to blaze

smith&wesson
04-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Off season .. sure. its better then alcohol. its not actually addictive.

John Walls Era
04-18-2012, 02:52 PM
I thought Chronz is a stat guy. Provide us with some advanced metrics please.

nycsports2
04-18-2012, 02:53 PM
before game hell no/ either way they smoke enough anyway... believe me all the ballers r burnin it down

Chronz
04-18-2012, 02:56 PM
I thought Chronz is a stat guy. Provide us with some advanced metrics please.

Check out Durant and Brons home and away splits.

Bron smokes on the road and Durant prefers to only smoke when hes in OKC. Guess when they play better?

ChiSox219
04-18-2012, 02:56 PM
I have little doubt it's a performance enhancer especially the way basketball is played. I remember hearing Stern/NBA commissioned a study on this topic but the only conclusion I can recall is that marijuana negatively affected recovery time.

Just eat it before the game starts, save the lungs and it'll last throughout the game

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 02:59 PM
I have little doubt it's a performance enhancer especially the way basketball is played. I remember hearing Stern/NBA commissioned a study on this topic but the only conclusion I can recall is that marijuana negatively affected recovery time.

Just eat it before the game starts, save the lungs and it'll last throughout the game

Eat it? That's a body high...dudes would be zombies by the 2nd qtr:laugh2:

R0W
04-18-2012, 03:00 PM
the nba has the most pot heads in any sport

it depends on how you and your body react when you smoke weed

i know people who are nasty when they smoke weed....there wayyy better high than sober

than ive seen people smoke who are good and just suck! cant breathe cant shoot his periphrials are all messed up cause of the pot

the nba has the most pot heads

Football is the sport with the most players im pretty sure nfl has more pot heads

smith&wesson
04-18-2012, 03:03 PM
perkins need to smoke some weed. or get laid or something. that guy requires happiness in his life.

5ass
04-18-2012, 03:12 PM
perkins need to smoke some weed. or get laid or something. that guy requires happiness in his life.

I'd pay to see perkins tripping on acid.

LGhost
04-18-2012, 03:16 PM
yeah this is stupid

imagine the the bench players cheering for free taco night
or like ordering food to there seat

no dumb

That's hilarious! :clap:

Kobe2324
04-18-2012, 03:24 PM
wow silly thread but ill give my opinion lol Not a good idea, weed does not exactly give you much energy or make you think clearly, or for that matter help in anyway shape or form for playing sports. Sure it may relax you before a big game but that's really all it would help with. Most players are used to playing big games anyways by the time they get to the NBA.

Avenged
04-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Not that Ive studied the matter but off my head Ive never found any correlation to my play and weed smoking. Sometimes I play like **** and I blame the weed, sometimes I play better than ever and I credit the weed. I wonder if the strain changes performance or if it just takes you to either extreme end of playing really bad or really good.

You're just an inconsistent player :p

Azzacadabra
04-18-2012, 03:34 PM
No.

49ersLALSFGiant
04-18-2012, 03:39 PM
If it helps you, you should..
I personally play better high, but definitely prefer indoor over outdoor

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-18-2012, 03:45 PM
weed is bad:no:

mjt20mik
04-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Hasn't helped me with focus. I can agree, it definitely has boosted creativity (studies have shown that as well).

thapastime7
04-18-2012, 03:54 PM
u smoke piff to do choirs and things need focusing
u smoke sour if you really trying to get blazed and out of this world high
u smoke kush if you trying to do both

it depends on the strands and potency on how it can help and not help lmao

LAKERMANIA
04-18-2012, 03:55 PM
It depends on the player I guess, if a player is dominating the game and he says he smokes before every game, by all means continue to smoke, however if a player performs very poorly and said he smoked before the game, then I wouldn't want him to do it... To each their own

thapastime7
04-18-2012, 03:55 PM
lebron shoulds smoke in the 4th quarter he might not feel much pressure and can prob win high

dtmagnet
04-18-2012, 03:59 PM
I'd like if they played more Chrono Trigger.

ARMIN12NBA
04-18-2012, 03:59 PM

Bron smokes on the road and Durant prefers to only smoke when hes in OKC. Guess when they play better?

:laugh:

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 04:00 PM
lebron shoulds smoke in the 4th quarter he might not feel much pressure and can prob win high

lol take a victory lap

TheRunKiller
04-18-2012, 04:02 PM
What's wrong with smokin before you play?

TheRunKiller
04-18-2012, 04:03 PM

Says who?

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 04:03 PM

An athlete can not perform at their highest level if they smoke before playing, i dont care what anyone says. You may think you play better and are more focussed, but no.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Says who?

Mr. Mackey. Mmmmkkkayy?

Bruno
honestly, no. and that's coming from a guy who smokes his fair share. i don't quite buy the creativity on the court part. either you've got the iq to see the floor, or you don't. when i'm like that on the court, i lose my competitive edge, and winning isn't the most important thing. maybe certain athletes can do it so i don't wana so no 100%, but most of the time, no. lets look at lamar and beasley. those two guys make stoner plays every game and i call 'em out for it. bone head mistakes, and a lack of intensity. maybe that's just me. night before? whatever. before the game? i wouldn't.

b@llhog24

There are WAY worse drugs.

miller74
04-18-2012, 04:06 PM

haha high is high.

I smoke before i play hockey and i cant say it helps, but if definitely doesnt hurt
I cant even pick up a basketball without burning one

greg_ory_2005
04-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Sure, if it makes them play better.

Cal827
04-18-2012, 04:08 PM

Nothing... but you might see Lebron pull off awesome 360 dunks.... into his own Net... Also, the Hot Dog guy would probably be attacked once he passes a team's bench.

Kashmir13579
04-18-2012, 04:13 PM
For me personally, when i get high in the morning it completely ruins my day. My brain literally runs at 50% until the minute i go to sleep. I used to be a heavy pot-smoker in college and high-school but these days i only smoke occasionally in the evening after work.

Another thing to add, I notice that i am much better at videogames after i smoke. Hand/eye coordination and effective dexterity become second nature. You just kind of zone out and go with the flow, and it actually works in certain aspects. I'm not comparing videogames in anyway to professional sports but this kind of effect could be seen across many activities, physical or mental.

If you buy into the whole "pot-smoke is horrible for your lungs" argument, a vape or a bong would be the best way to go.

Da Knicks
04-18-2012, 04:25 PM
I think its in the strands as well, i have the same problem with my musicians. Sometimes they put a hell of a show especially my lead singer and then sometimes he just lays a stinker. My sax player played amazing the last time and is 58 years and my drummer is almost a must or tends to loose his edge. While playing sports i used to do it all the time and felt calmer and didnt press the issue when we needed a basket...i guess everyone is different or the different types effect differently very good question. I would like some statistics...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Says who?

-Kobe24-TJ19- ;)

TylerSL
04-18-2012, 04:31 PM
yes, and PSD should too

The goods
04-18-2012, 04:32 PM
No not before a game really not at all or if they do I don't want to hear about it,what they do off the court is none of my business.

The goods
04-18-2012, 04:36 PM
I think weed calms you down and makes you hungry but also makes you lazy,and dumb if you use it to much which is the mistake a lot of my friends make.

TylerSL
04-18-2012, 04:40 PM
I think weed calms you down and makes you hungry but also makes you lazy,and dumb if you use it to much which is the mistake a lot of my friends make.

a whole bunch of **** seems funny when you are high too.

Ill21
04-18-2012, 04:55 PM
haha high is high.

I smoke before i play hockey and i cant say it helps, but if definitely doesnt hurt
I cant even pick up a basketball without burning one

Really? Can't pick up a basketball without being high. Your pathetic.

benzni
04-18-2012, 04:58 PM
honestly, I really don't care. If they want to, go ahead, if they don't, fine.

Does not effect me in any way. I would hope they don't before the big game, thats all I care about

John Walls Era
04-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Just read the article. There isn't even proof, all they have are the athlete's "claims".

mdm692
04-18-2012, 05:00 PM
I have a feeling that if michael beasley was allowed to smoke weed every day before games he would be top 5 player lol.

Bruno
04-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Really? Can't pick up a basketball without being high. Your pathetic.

you're not better than that dude just because you're too high and mighty to smoke pot.

ewing
04-18-2012, 05:02 PM
only if it makes them happier

Ill21
04-18-2012, 05:08 PM
you're not better than that dude just because you're too high and mighty to smoke pot.

I don't and i have no problem with people doing it. all I'm saying is that is stupid saying that he can't play a sport without being high

kevin13697
04-18-2012, 05:24 PM
i don't smoke and haven't since high school but i don't see what's the big deal. To me it's safer then alcohol. Athletes get paid a lot of money to perform at their highest ability so i think it alters their potential so i wouldn't recommend it to any athlete. If it helps i don't see a reason why they couldn't other then the fact it might hurt their stamina.

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 05:25 PM
I cant imagine any scenario where it helps an athlete to smoke pot before a game.

kjoke
04-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Of course its UC Berekely :laugh2:

Showtime Steve
04-18-2012, 05:32 PM
I can take one hit and go hoop at venice, but not a whole blunt lmao! They would have to flame up like 3hrs before to king some food, take a **** then rest.

Kuya_Clive
04-18-2012, 05:35 PM
An athlete can not perform at their highest level if they smoke before playing, i dont care what anyone says. You may think you play better and are more focussed, but no.

true, weed does temporarily reduce cognitive function so reaction time is slower and stuff like that

smiddy012
04-18-2012, 05:50 PM
It depends if it helps them focus in game then yes, but if thy're going to o out there amd look lost then no. Its going to vary from person to person.
Smoking weed before exercise makes u tired quickly. I used to smoke and hit the gym a few years back, but i wasnt doing heavy training.

Just because it might be true for you doesn't mean its true for everyone, and in this case you would positively be in the minority.

smiddy012
04-18-2012, 05:53 PM
If you're a certified pot-head a few hits aren't going to hurt your game, but a blunt will **** it up. If someone is always used to being high, being sober is more likely to have detrimental effects.

Chronz
04-18-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't and i have no problem with people doing it. all I'm saying is that is stupid saying that he can't play a sport without being high

Yea thats pretty bad, Im sure he was joking. If not, get help bro.

Chronz
04-18-2012, 06:14 PM
I cant imagine any scenario where it helps an athlete to smoke pot before a game.
So your sayin they should focus on edibles and concentrates.

true, weed does temporarily reduce cognitive function so reaction time is slower and stuff like that
Yea but how drastic are we talking here, the payoff for that slight loss in reaction time can be worth it if it helps with anxiety/pressure. Not to mention that slowing things down can also be a good thing sometimes, at least mentally.

Kuya_Clive
04-18-2012, 06:23 PM

Yea but how drastic are we talking here, the payoff for that slight loss in reaction time can be worth it if it helps with anxiety/pressure. Not to mention that slowing things down can also be a good thing sometimes, at least mentally.

true, it depends on the person i guess

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 06:29 PM

I find it even harder to imagine someone being able to perform at the highest level on an edible. Edible lasts a lot longer and is more of a body high. A concentrate like bubble or hash and forget about it, just find a comfortable couch. lol

BirdIsTheWord
04-18-2012, 07:03 PM
The NBA should experiment this with a player and I say they choose McGee.

theheatles
04-18-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm 100% pro-ganj but in no way shape or form do I want my fav players and teams toking up before games, I find it near impossible for nba players to toke up and be productive , Darius Miles would of been an all star if he wasn't a pothead...the only pro athlete imo that can be a pothead would be a starting pitcher

Kuya_Clive
04-18-2012, 07:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocjeuxFcj2U

ManningToTyree
04-18-2012, 07:24 PM
I play worse when baked. If it works for you then do it but I think most people suck high

Wade>You
04-18-2012, 07:25 PM
If it helps them to perform better, I don't see why not.

It's morally presumptuous for anyone here to tell another person what they can or can't do with their own body.

And the only thing bad about marijuana is what the government has been brainwashing ignorant people with.

mjt20mik
04-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Weed isn't any worse than Booze and Cigarettes. But there is no way that it helps with focus.

Chronz
04-18-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm 100% pro-ganj but in no way shape or form do I want my fav players and teams toking up before games, I find it near impossible for nba players to toke up and be productive , Darius Miles would of been an all star if he wasn't a pothead...the only pro athlete imo that can be a pothead would be a starting pitcher

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-h7pqEZ9U3AQ/TYH3TgMny5I/AAAAAAAAASU/-YqVnRFWTnU/s1600/high-times-timmy-copy1.jpg

Like that guy

Wade>You
04-18-2012, 07:31 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-h7pqEZ9U3AQ/TYH3TgMny5I/AAAAAAAAASU/-YqVnRFWTnU/s1600/high-times-timmy-copy1.jpg

Like that guyIt's great that professional athletes are coming out and sticking it to these jive turkeys. Some of the responses here are ridiculous.

Kuya_Clive
04-18-2012, 07:36 PM
I know Noah and Brad Miller smoke up...you can just tell

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 07:37 PM
there is a pic of noah in a head shop lol

Wade>You
04-18-2012, 07:41 PM
What the government would have you believe:

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l15z988Pgb1qzm32fo1_500.jpg

Kuya_Clive
04-18-2012, 07:42 PM
there is a pic of noah in a head shop lol

I think is saw a pic like that before..one of my buddies works at a shell up north where Korver, Noah, Deng are around a lot and he told me that Noah comes through to buy blunts. I've seen Korver there before it's pretty cool

Lakeshow24KB
04-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Am I the only one on PSD that doesn't do drugs? :shrug:

Kuya_Clive
04-18-2012, 07:44 PM

CM Punk!

Lakeshow24KB
04-18-2012, 07:55 PM
CM Punk!

Hah yeah.....
:shrug:

THE MTL
04-18-2012, 08:02 PM
As a fan, would you like it if your player smoked before a big game?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7819621/ncf-oregon-ducks-deny-drug-culture-eugene-espn-magazine

Hell no! Have u ever smoked weed???? It would ruin the big game! Weed makes u slow, sluggish, calm, lazy lol.

time4change
04-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Oh boy we are really opening a can of worms here aren't we.

I think it depends on the individual. I know a lot of players smoke to ease the nerves.

Right now though, no because it's an illegal substance. If it were legal, or you have a doctors prescription saying you can smoke it then who am I to say otherwise?

To each his own.

time4change
04-18-2012, 08:15 PM

If you need to tell yourself that then I guess.

Smc1174
04-18-2012, 08:15 PM
This isn't at all shocking. I say if the player isn't hurting his team by his play it shouldn't matter. Smoking weed isn't any worse than drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes If anything it's better for you.

time4change
04-18-2012, 08:18 PM
It CAN. Doesn't necessarily mean it does with everyone.

Just because it might be true for you doesn't mean its true for everyone, and in this case you would positively be in the minority.
This.

And I'm sure at the very least one of your favorite players does. You just don't know it.

Kuya_Clive
04-18-2012, 08:20 PM
This isn't at all shocking. I say if the player isn't hurting his team by his play it shouldn't matter. Smoking weed isn't any worse than drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes If anything it's better for you.

yea, alcohol and cigs are much worse for you than weed

ichitownclowni
04-18-2012, 08:38 PM
:facepalm:

JJ_JKidd
04-18-2012, 08:39 PM
They already are, obviously :D

bagwell368
04-18-2012, 08:53 PM
I have one good reason for it. If you have a rail thin big, make him smoke more, he'll get the munchies and fatten up! Just make sure he keeps working out hard so he doesn't just get fat and lazy.

bagwell368
04-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Weed isn't any worse than Booze and Cigarettes. But there is no way that it helps with focus.

Wha?

Lakers + Giants
04-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Eat it? That's a body high...dudes would be zombies by the 2nd qtr:laugh2:

I'm not gonna front and lie about me being high and ****. .I've only tried weed once and it was through a brownie. . . I was gone after 40 minutes, like completely blown. I had little control of my ****in body, so i know for damn sure that players shouldn't eat it haha.

Smoke? IDK, don't have experience.

Lakers + Giants
04-18-2012, 09:07 PM

I've only tried weed once, so i wouldn't consider myself someone that does drugs. I'm with you. :hi5:

****. . . I don't even drink.

Monta is beast
04-18-2012, 09:10 PM
I smoke weed, and no. Players would be concentrated more on the food in the stands than the game. And they would get tired as **** by the third quarter.

Cal827
04-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Chronz should smoke more weed.... I would like to win a debate with him once during my tenure on PSD (before I get Perma-banned for questionable content). :mad:

Lakers + Giants
04-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Chronz should smoke more weed.... I would like to win a debate with him once during my tenure on PSD (before I get Perma-banned for questionable content). :mad:

This, I too want to win a debate vs Chronz just to feel like a badass/ smartass. Get high and post Chronz!

Lakeshow24KB
04-18-2012, 09:25 PM
I've only tried weed once, so i wouldn't consider myself someone that does drugs. I'm with you. :hi5:

****. . . I don't even drink.

Hahaa yeah this is probably the time for me when everyone does drugs (freshman year of HS) but im definitely not gonna do anything. I already made JV freshman year and im hoping to play varsity next year and I cant do that **** if i wanna play ball for my future.

b@llhog24
04-18-2012, 09:40 PM

Are you serious?

:laugh2:

b@llhog24
04-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Alot of my friends smoker weed before we play (Junkanoo). It normally results in a great practice or just pure ****.

eibbor
04-18-2012, 09:55 PM
EVRYBODY needs to smoke more weed...

Marlin234
04-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Lmao psd is full of potheads... Love it

Marlin234
04-18-2012, 11:00 PM

Dude Ricky Williams!! I'm sure he played high plenty of times. If the nfl would have just left him alone he would have been goat runnig back!

ManningToTyree
04-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Lmao psd is full of potheads... Love it

haha the world is full of us :D

VinceCarter
04-18-2012, 11:35 PM
This calls for a poll.

lakersfan01
04-18-2012, 11:44 PM
Haha god no.

However, I'd be all for Durant, Westbrook, and Harden getting super stoned before they play the Lakers on Sunday :laugh2:

Marlin234
04-19-2012, 12:32 AM
This calls for a poll.
Your sig is fuking hilarious!! Poor Davis is more famous for his unibrow than his skill themselves.

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 01:03 AM
does anyone know why davis has the unibrow?

Chronz
04-19-2012, 01:58 AM
Mystique

This, I too want to win a debate vs Chronz just to feel like a badass/ smartass. Get high and post Chronz!
What do you think Ive been doing all these years. Not sure if I should take this as a compliment or be offended that your implying I would get dumber when lit. Oh well, Ill start typing with a green font whenever Im faded, take it as an open challenge.

Are you serious?

ARE YOU?

TrueFan420
04-19-2012, 02:05 AM
naw **** that **** their pro athletes that play the game they love... they dont get that and weed... thats just not fair... i wont be able to use my if i didnt smoke weed i could have been great pro athlete excuse.

AIRMAR72
04-19-2012, 02:25 AM
just cant abuse the stuff like anything else too much of it is NOT GOOD its here for a reason who ever put us on earth put IT here along with apples and other leafy vegetable its either herbs are prozac some guys need IT to keep them at peace herbsmon are cool people compare to pill poppers and drinkers and meth, cocaine abusers who become dangerous and wild once their charged up and in most case it leads to death

Lakers + Giants
04-19-2012, 02:29 AM
What do you think Ive been doing all these years. Not sure if I should take this as a compliment or be offended that your implying I would get dumber when lit. Oh well, Ill start typing with a green font whenever Im faded, take it as an open challenge.

It's a compliment man. You're definitely one of the smartest mother****ers on PSD. . .and I mean that with the up most respect.

Matrix3132
04-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Do posters against athletes smoking not realize how many far worse things so many athletes do to themselves?

Its common for many pro athletes of all sports to go out/drinking on most nights, ever before games, or others have horrendous diets, eating fast food/drinking sodas daily or do other activities, less taboo than marijuana, but more detrimental to their performance.

I think many of us would feel better knowing that our team's star player took a few ritual hits before the game than hearing that he was at a nightclub till 3 am before a game and picked up some french fries on the way to the arena...

abe_froman
04-19-2012, 02:51 AM
people in general need to smoke more weed ,it would solve alot of problems

SchyGuy11
04-19-2012, 02:58 AM
Noah smokes blunts before games anyway

5ass
04-19-2012, 03:01 AM
*****es love it.

04-19-2012, 03:19 AM
haha had no idea so many ppl on psd smoked bud.
keep on lightin' up

HrtHustleNMscle
04-19-2012, 04:50 AM
Says who?

Everyone who has never smoked it. We spend so much trying to prevent it and could make so much legalizing it. I lift pretty religiously, and smoke before just about every workout, but thats also because I can't do cardio for a long time without being high because it bores me quickly. With weed I can go for a solid 3-5 miles, and by the time I start my lift the weed has worn off. Everyone is different...

Fnom11
04-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Weed ruined Rashard Lewis's career

theheatles
04-19-2012, 09:04 AM

i don't know why, but i know how...hgh

BALLER R
04-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Depends on who you are. I play pickup ball with a couple guys that have to be high before playing ball. I swear to you this is no lie, but they play better when they smoke a blunt before the game than when they don't. When they smoke before a game they play all over the court, doing crossovers making better passes, even shooting better. But they smoke like everyday so make their just use to it.

Corey
04-19-2012, 10:49 AM
I know this thread was made with legitimate intentions, but we dont allow drug discussion on PSD. Sorry guys.