3. Washington Nats
4. New York Yankees
5. Atlanta Braves

WS PREDICTIONS:

Texas Rangers- St louis Cards (rematch)
Texas Rangers- Washington Nats
New York Yankees- St louis Cards
New York Yankees- Washington Nats

The best team has got to be the red hot Texas Rangers. At 9-2, they statistically have the best pitching staff in the american lg and 2nd in the majors only to the new and improved Washington Nationals. They put up a season high 18 runs last night against the struggling Red Sox, and they did it in terrorizing fashion hitting 6 jimmy jacks, and amounting to 21 hits in total. Colby Lewis, after allowing an early 1st inning HR, was once again stellar. I look forward to watching this club the rest of this season just to see how far they can go. Lets just hope it's not another WS melt down.
The most improved team this young season has got to be the Washington Nationals. They own the best pitching staff in the majors holding an amazing 1.91 team ERA. With a much improved offense, this team is well on it's way to becoming one of the "elite."

OneTuzSea
04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Waytoo early to bother with World Series predictions. As for power rankings, I'd say...

1. Texas
2. Detroit
3. Cardinals
4. Dodgers
5. Nationals

tp13baby
04-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Waytoo early to bother with World Series predictions. As for power rankings, I'd say...

1. Texas
2. Detroit
3. Cardinals
4. Dodgers
5. Nationals

Exact same.

benzni
04-18-2012, 12:29 PM
he is the bballguru. I say Nationals beat the Twins in the WS

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 12:49 PM
It is fairly early, but its still fun to talk about. I still think you guys arent giving the nats enough cred. Just wait till mid season.

sexicano31
04-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Remember when LouHoltzLisp made a dupe: BaseballGuru?

Jetsguy
04-18-2012, 12:52 PM
It is fairly early, but its still fun to talk about. I still think you guys arent giving the nats any cred. Just wait till mid season

I would advise the same to you when talking Nats.

They are a great team no doubt but are a team who finished under .500 last year, has an innings limit on it's #1 and has a suspect offense that has thus far been carried by it's pitching staff.

If they are still doing this in July then ok but for now they are a hot team with a lot to prove IMO.

Iodine
04-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Dude, I think I remember that

NYNJ30
04-18-2012, 01:02 PM
It is fairly early, but its still fun to talk about. I still think you guys arent giving the nats enough cred. Just wait till mid season.

Putting them at #5 counts as not giving them credit?

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Im just making my new season predictions. The nats could very well just be a hot team and eventually fall victim to mid season injuries and not enough depth or bench power to carry them through.
Thats why im so sold on the rangers because if one of their power hitters gets hurt, its ok because they have 6 more in their back pocket.
Like i said, we'll see when mid season pulls around just how good the nats really are. I agree, they still have alot of proving to do, but for right now, ill stand by them.

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 01:20 PM
I didnt mean that, nynj30.
They should be above the overrated dodgers for one, and there just as impressive so far as the tigers. Ill take pitching over offense any day of the week so id put them above the cards. Number 5 is too low in my oppinion. They deserve at least the number 3 spot.

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 01:30 PM
And.... The twins? lol
Must be a minny-soda native

RCarlson85
04-18-2012, 01:31 PM
1. Rangers
2. Dodgers
3. Nationals
4. Tigers
5. Cardinals

I think the Rangers/Dodgers are the early favorites for the WS. The Nats are playing amazing right now even though their offense hasn't been that great. Their offense should only get better though once Morse comes back, they potentially call up Harper, and Zim breaks out of his early season slump. I think they're for real and will make the playoffs this year though.

Pinstripe pride
04-18-2012, 01:32 PM
astros orioles world series

flea
04-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Lol the Dodgers are a favorite? They're a team with no depth that's played the Padres and the Pirates only so far this year. They played one game against the Brewers and of course lost it. They'll be done by the dog days.

Let's wait until they play teams that might actually go .500 before we declare them favorites for the World Series.

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 01:40 PM
I agree, flea!
Theyve only played the worst two teams in baseball. I have a feeling if kemp goes down, their entire season is history.
But kemp is a beast no denying that.

lol, please
04-18-2012, 02:02 PM
:laugh:

stipe1280
04-18-2012, 02:59 PM
I really believe the Rangers are the best team right now (yes, a bit homer, I realize). However, they have a number of "injury-prone" types, which could easily derail another run at the World Series if they get banged up.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see Detroit in it for the AL and possibly Tampa Bay. I still don't think the Yankees are quite a championship team this year and I'm not even sure Boston will finish 3rd in the AL East this year.

flea
04-18-2012, 03:03 PM
You have to figure that the Rays (best pitching and defense), Angels (2nd best pitching, offense), and Rays (best offense, solid everything else, depth) will duke it out in the AL. There's more parity in the NL but every one of those teams can make a run and anything can happen in the World Series (Brewers, Cards, Reds, Braves, Phillies being in a class by themselves with Giants, Rockies, Nationals, Marlins, and Diamondbacks not far behind). The NL is going to be a lot of fun this year.

Jeffy25
04-18-2012, 03:31 PM
I won't make any predictions.

But the Cardinals still have the best offense in baseball, even after only scoring 2 through 10 innings last night and being shut out by Greinke in this limited 11 game season.

Their pitching should regress though.

I honestly think the best teams might be the Tigers, Rangers, Rays, and Cardinals, and a re-match would be awesome.

I don't think the Nationals are the second best team in baseball.

CHRISDODGERS
04-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Lol the Dodgers are a favorite? They're a team with no depth that's played the Padres and the Pirates only so far this year. They played one game against the Brewers and of course lost it. They'll be done by the dog days.

Let's wait until they play teams that might actually go .500 before we declare them favorites for the World Series.

of course we lost against the Brewers. I mean we didn't actually win any of the games. They were completely and utterly handed to us and we did not get bit hits in big situations. Matt Kemp really just sucks and he got lucky against the terrible Padres and Pirates starters. That simple!

CHRISDODGERS
04-18-2012, 03:38 PM
You have to figure that the Rays (best pitching and defense), Angels (2nd best pitching, offense), and Rays (best offense, solid everything else, depth) will duke it out in the AL. There's more parity in the NL but every one of those teams can make a run and anything can happen in the World Series (Brewers, Cards, Reds, Braves, Phillies being in a class by themselves with Giants, Rockies, Nationals, Marlins, and Diamondbacks not far behind). The NL is going to be a lot of fun this year.

The Rockies and Nationals are not better than the Dodgers. They just aren't.

CHRISDODGERS
04-18-2012, 03:38 PM
:laugh:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::clap::cla p::clap::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Jeffy25
04-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Fact is, if your team is a top 10 team in baseball, or is off to a nice start, a thread like this will bring out the homer in all of us.

04-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Remember when LouHoltzLisp made a dupe: BaseballGuru?

Always wondered what happend to that guy.

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 03:55 PM
The rangers offense finally woke up last night and put up 18, took lester right out of the game after 2 terrible innings. They have the best 1 2 combo in the lg era wise with lewis and harrison, and feliz had two quality starts including a shut out win his first start ever in his career Lets not forget about darvish. Yea, he had 2 bad starts but its way early to say hes not gonna be the ace pitcher everybody thought hed be. Im also a homer, but i only go by facts. The rangers are the best in baseball and they will continue to be as long as they keep their stride. I dont see why they wouldnt make it back this year.
On the other hand, i too can see a detroit or a tampa team in the fall classic. The only problem i have with tampa is their less than average pitching. They have the worst era in the majors allowing just under 7 runs per game. I know its early, but those numbers need to change if they want any shot at going back to the WS.

04-18-2012, 04:06 PM
The rangers offense finally woke up last night and put up 18, took lester right out of the game after 2 terrible innings. They have the best 1 2 combo in the lg era wise with lewis and harrison, and feliz had two quality starts including a shut out win his first start ever in his carrer. Lets not forget about darvish. Yea, he had 2 bad starts but its way early to say hes not gonna be the ace pitcher everybody thought hed be. Im also a homer, but i only go by facts. The rangers are the best in baseball and they will continue to be as long as they keep their stride. I dont see why they wouldnt make it back this year.
On the other hand, i too can see a detroit or a tampa team in the fall classic. The only problem i have with tampa is their less than average pitching. They have the worst era in the majors allowing just under 7 runs per game. I know its early, but those numbers need to change if they want any shot at going back to the WS.

1. How long do you think Lewis and Harrison will be the best 1-2 in baseball?

2. Too early to make a call on Darvish but not too early to call Lewis and Harrison the best 1-2?

3. The problems with the Rays is their pitching? That is their strength not weakness.

The only thing I can agree on is that the Rangers have a solid team with an elite offense and they will be one of the top teams in the AL.

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 04:12 PM
I can say lewis will be up there all year. Harrison im not too sure about. I get your point which is why i wont argue it, but one thing you might want to take a look at is tampas team era. I kid you not their ranked 30th in the lg allowing about 7 runs a gm. If thats what you call a "strength," then i take back my comments putting them back in the WS.

Maybe their off to slow a start... A REALLY slow start! Ill give them that much.

flea
04-18-2012, 04:16 PM
The Dodgers have 2 position players that have a good chance of being above average. They also have 4 position players that will flirt with replacement level. They have 2 starting pitchers that have a good chance of being above average. They have 2 that can be average if everything goes right and another bad pitcher and no depth. They have a mediocre bullpen and mediocre defense.

I'm having a very hard time seeing how this team is better than the Rockies or Nationals, much less having a chance to compete.

JohnBoy326
04-18-2012, 04:26 PM

Lol I'm glad someone pointed this out. They will struggle to be 500. Billingsley will be billingsley soon enough and the rest of that staff is complete garbage besides Kersh.

Bombtista
04-18-2012, 04:29 PM

But the Cardinals still have the best offense in baseball, even after only scoring 2 through 10 innings last night and being shut out by Greinke in this limited 11 game season.

I honestly think the best teams might be the Tigers, Rangers, Rays, and Cardinals, and a re-match would be awesome.

Oh c'mon. Thats a bold statement There is no doubt the Rangers have a better offense than the Cards.

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Agreed!!

No team has put up 18 or even close to it.
When you look at their lineup, there is no break. They will all dominate you.

But the cards have an elite offense as well. I honestly can say their the only team im afraid of right now. I dont want to face them again in the WS.

Jeffy25
04-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Oh c'mon. Thats a bold statement There is no doubt the Rangers have a better offense than the Cards.

Not thus far

Cards - .293/.360/.491, .367 wOBA, 139 wRC+
Rangers - .290/.337/.511, .366 wOBA, 126 wRC+

And the Cardinals have a pitcher hit once every nine plate appearances and hit in a pitchers park vs the Rangers hitters park.

And this is with the Rangers scoring 18 last night, and the Cards scoring only 2, they were well ahead of everybody before yesterday.

The Cardinals had the best offense in the NL Last year, which they should be able to do again this year. There will be a few AL teams that will likely top them, that DH makes a difference over the course of a season offensively, but they should have the best offense in the NL again, and fight for the best offense in baseball.

My original statement was supposed to say, best offense in the NL, not all of baseball though. But thus far, they do have the best offense in baseball.

04-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Where was the offense last night to support Lohse? Could have used the win for my fantasy team.

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 04:50 PM
You make your point jeff.

I wont put either team above the other right now. It's just way too early. That being said, both teams will dominate their lgs offensively. I just think the Rangers would have the edge this year only due to their pitching. The Cards have an ace in Carpenter, but thats just about it.

Jeffy25
04-18-2012, 05:08 PM
You make your point jeff.

I wont put either team above the other right now. It's just way too early. That being said, both teams will dominate their lgs offensively. I just think the Rangers would have the edge this year only due to their pitching. The Cards have an ace in Carpenter, but thats just about it.

And Wainwright, but Carp is out any way.

The difference for the Cardinals this year vs last year is one thing. They have mode depth. Otherwise, they are close to the same team as they were last year. A low 90's upper 80's win team.

benzni
04-18-2012, 05:12 PM
And.... The twins? lol
Must be a minny-soda native

No, Minnesota sucks. The twins are just amazing. better than the yankees,tigers,angels,sox,rays combined. only other better team is the astros but Wandy Rodriguez is off to a terrible start. 1.96 era

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 05:17 PM
I can see you are being very sarcastic, but also have no idea what your talking about. lol

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 05:18 PM
And Wainwright, but Carp is out any way.

The difference for the Cardinals this year vs last year is one thing. They have mode depth. Otherwise, they are close to the same team as they were last year. A low 90's upper 80's win team.

Yea, I think the Cards can top 100 this year.

04-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Yea, I think the Cards can top 100 this year.

You should start a thread asking if the Cards are capable of winning 100 games.

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 05:23 PM

Go for it!

RaiderKid318
04-18-2012, 05:24 PM
wow nats are getting a lot of love!

Smaxor5
04-18-2012, 05:37 PM
The nationals are better than the Yankees? What drug dealer do you guys use and are his prices relatively cheap for the NY metro area? Does he have a good variety (region, strands, products etc)? Please hook me up with this guy if yes to the previous questions.

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Once again, the Yankees are old, tired, and they no longer have that edge which made them so great for so long.
You can only be dominate for so long. The nationals are fresh, new, and exiting and have alot of potential to be an elite team.
They will be there in the end, mark my word.

04-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Go for it!

I think you should.

LASportsFan1996
04-18-2012, 06:37 PM

I Agree They Arn't WS Favorites Now. But Saying Of Course They Lost Vs. MIL Is Stupid. We Blew The Game In The 9th Inning, Come On We Weren't Overmatched.

Rockies Better Than The Dodgers? :laugh: :laugh:

The Dodgers have 2 position players that have a good chance of being above average. They also have 4 position players that will flirt with replacement level. They have 2 starting pitchers that have a good chance of being above average. They have 2 that can be average if everything goes right and another bad pitcher and no depth. They have a mediocre bullpen and mediocre defense.

I'm having a very hard time seeing how this team is better than the Rockies or Nationals, much less having a chance to compete.

That Is Why We Are 2nd In The NL In Defense Right? And Our Closer Leads The League In Saves, So Ya Our Bullpen Sucks.

raidersrock99
04-18-2012, 07:24 PM
really nats and dodgers way to early to say they will even be in the playoffs

raidersrock99
04-18-2012, 07:27 PM
I Agree They Arn't WS Favorites Now. But Saying Of Course They Lost Vs. MIL Is Stupid. We Blew The Game In The 9th Inning, Come On We Weren't Overmatched.

That Is Why We Are 2nd In The NL In Defense Right? And Our Closer Leads The League In Saves, So Ya Our Bullpen Sucks.

rockies arent better i actually think the division goes something like this

dbacks
dodgers/giants
rockies
padres

its gonna come down to the end for sure

raidersrock99
04-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Agreed!!

No team has put up 18 or even close to it.
When you look at their lineup, there is no break. They will all dominate you.

But the cards have an elite offense as well. I honestly can say their the only team im afraid of right now. I dont want to face them again in the WS.

rockies put up 17 vs giants. thats pretty close to 18

Fly
04-18-2012, 07:31 PM

Why Do You Type Like This?

Texas Holders
04-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Not sure what stats you are using but Nats pitching has been better than the Rangers thus far.

LASportsFan1996
04-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Why Do You Type Like This?

Why Not?

Jack of Blades
04-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Why Not?

Because it's incorrect and actually takes more effort to type like that. But hey, that's just me.

Fly
04-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Why Not?

Doesn't It Take More Time?

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Rangers on top of the sox, just sayin

flea
04-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Some forums auto-format people who type in all caps to that. Perhaps that's what's going on here. If so it would make sense - people who type in all caps clearly have important things to say.

Rangerchick
04-18-2012, 10:23 PM
One worrying flaw re: Rangers - Nathan. It's early but it seems like he makes every closing opportunity an adventure. You never know how he's going to be from outing to outing. At least we have the reliable Ogando and Adams around as backup closers plus Scheppers in RR as added insurance if he ever gets his act together.

LASportsFan1996
04-18-2012, 10:41 PM
I Do It All By Myself, As Far As Caping Every Word. Really Not That Much Work.

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 11:07 PM
One worrying flaw re: Rangers - Nathan. It's early but it seems like he makes every closing opportunity an adventure. You never know how he's going to be from outing to outing. At least we have the reliable Ogando and Adams around as backup closers plus Scheppers in RR as added insurance if he ever gets his act together.

I have complete faith in joe nathan producing in future outings. You do need to realize hes just coming off tommy surgery and it might take him a while to get back in joe nathan stride.
I agree though, he does make every outing an adventure and to be honest it scares the hell out of me, but like i said, it does take time after missing so much time due to his surgery.

mtf
04-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Why Not?

People don't have motives for not doing something, only motives for actually doing something. So to go out of your way to do something different, the question "Why?" is applicable, not "Why not?"

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 11:23 PM
People don't have motives for not doing something, only motives for actually doing something. So to go out of your way to do something different, the question "Why?" is applicable, not "Why not?"

Lol!
Makes sense.

Young2Kinsler
04-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Picking the World Series before the playoffs is just ****ing stupid, and even then it's a crap shoot.

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 11:34 PM
From one ranger fan to another... Shut your mouth!

Young2Kinsler
04-18-2012, 11:37 PM
From one ranger fan to another... Shut your mouth!

No, it is stupid to start a thread talking about World Series predictions 2 weeks into the season.

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Stupid for you, fun and exiting for me.
If you dont like the thread, keep away!
Thanks.

oak2455
04-18-2012, 11:41 PM
No, it is stupid to start a thread talking about World Series predictions 2 weeks into the season.

I agree too much can happen trades, injuries, a lot!!!! The OP is a dupe account....he or she starts two threads on their first few post:rolleyes:

Bballguru
04-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Well, people seem to be interested in it, as am I. Sorry your yanks are too old to compete anymore.

NYY_NYK4
04-18-2012, 11:46 PM

Please....dont. Predicting Cardinal wins should be irrelevant due to playing in a piss poor division. They would win 75 games in the NL East....mayyyyybe.

oak2455
04-18-2012, 11:47 PM
ok whatever win something... Like anything.....LMAO.....FAIL /THREAD!!!

NYY_NYK4
04-18-2012, 11:48 PM

I couldn't agree more. I would say RIGHT NOW the Rangers are the heavy favorite. They have an awesome team, no doubt. But too much can happen in the next 150 games. Just way too early to even talk about his. I'll bet the farm there wont be a rematch of last year. I can see the Rangers going again, barring no major injuries and Darvish not flaming out, but I dont see STL getting that lucky twice.

oak2455
04-18-2012, 11:48 PM
wait the Rangers have won:cricket::cricket::cricket::cricket:

NYY_NYK4
04-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Well, people seem to be interested in it, as am I. Sorry your yanks are too old to compete anymore.

And you've come to this conclusion after 12 games? Seriously bud, how old are you? Counting out the Yankees in mid April is foolish. I'd say those "old" Yankee teams have done more than the Rangers will do in the next 500 years

Bballguru
04-19-2012, 12:41 AM
I have all kinds of respect for the yankees, but I think its about time they hand over the reigns. Yeah they might get their usuall 90 wins, but come playoff time they will be worn out and just too tired to make any run. Just like the past few years have proven.
They'll be outdone by a younger, more healthy Ranger team, or a Tiger team, or even a Tampa team.
As for the thread, I understand its way too early to
be making any end season predictions, but this thread seems to be pretty active, dont you think?
I dont know maybe im just enjoying my Ranger team dominate. Yeah thats it.

oak2455
04-19-2012, 12:51 AM
Dominate April fail in October well said.... Thanks!!!!

LASportsFan1996
04-19-2012, 12:55 AM
Your Sigs Rule ^

Bballguru
04-19-2012, 12:57 AM

Not denying your point, but we will just have to see when october rolls around.

CHRISDODGERS
04-19-2012, 01:03 AM

Kemp and Ethier are above average. No "chance" there.
Loney sucks. Rivera/Gwynn will be okay. Mark and AJ Ellis should be slightly above replacement.

who's the bad pitcher? Lilly? Harang? Both are not great but they aren't complete trash either.

we finished a game or 2 above .500 last year... and I'm saying we'll compete for a WS. But we will def not be out the NL West chase.

Bballguru
04-19-2012, 01:07 AM

Not denying your point, we will just see when october rolls around!

Dundalis
04-19-2012, 02:02 AM
I can say lewis will be up there all year. Harrison im not too sure about. I get your point which is why i wont argue it, but one thing you might want to take a look at is tampas team era. I kid you not their ranked 30th in the lg allowing about 7 runs a gm. If thats what you call a "strength," then i take back my comments putting them back in the WS.

Maybe their off to slow a start... A REALLY slow start! Ill give them that much.
What do you mean by up there? Lewis is a solid innings eater no. 3 or 4 pitcher. With a degenerative hip. If you are confident in him being a number 1 or 2 level starter, well, you must know something the rest of us don't. Harrison has already had a better season last year than Lewis has ever had, and I fully expect him to be better than Lewis this season as a player on the upward curve of his development as opposed to Lewis on the other side of the curve. Lewis doesn't hold the number 1 spot because he's our ace. He holds it as a gesture of respect to his age and experience. I don't even think he is in the best 5 starters on this team.

Bballguru
04-19-2012, 03:33 AM
I didnt say he was even our ace. I think by the time its all said and done darvish or feliz will be just that. That being said, i still think lewis will be one of our best pitchers.
On the other hand, ive never seen a ranger squad this dominant so early in the year. Hopefully, its a sign if things to come. Remember, their still very much hungry for the fall trophy.

Jeffy25
04-19-2012, 05:41 AM
Please....dont. Predicting Cardinal wins should be irrelevant due to playing in a piss poor division. They would win 75 games in the NL East....mayyyyybe.

That's not true.....at all.

They went 20-13 against the NLE last year, and were the only team in baseball to have a winning record against the Phillies (6-3) and beat them in the NLDS (3-2)

The only team they didn't have a winning record against was the Nationals (2-4), and it's not like the Nationals blew them out (two loses by two runs, one loss by three runs)

The Cardinals would possibly be the best team in the NLE, and the Brewers would certainly be relevant and over .500 (MIL was 20-14) and probably CIN too.

YankeesR#2
04-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Stupid for you, fun and exiting for me.
If you dont like the thread, keep away!
Thanks.

Well said Bballguru. I don't know why people insist on posting that a thread is stupid or post sarcastic comments. If you don't like the thread then don't post. There is no reason to prove you are a moron.

Texas looks tough. We'll see if their pitching can last a whole season.

Bballguru
04-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Well said Bballguru. I don't know why people insist on posting that a thread is stupid or post sarcastic comments. If you don't like the thread then don't post. There is no reason to prove you are a moron.

Texas looks tough. We'll see if their pitching can last a whole season.

They kind of remind me of old grumpy housewives just sittin around looking for something to b***h and moan about.
It's kind of hysterical.
This thread has over 80 replies and about 1500 veiws. I think its been a faily interesting topic if you ask me.
If you notice the only people complaining are those whos teams arent doing worth a s**t.
Cry on homers!

flea
04-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Kemp and Ethier are above average. No "chance" there.
Loney sucks. Rivera/Gwynn will be okay. Mark and AJ Ellis should be slightly above replacement.

who's the bad pitcher? Lilly? Harang? Both are not great but they aren't complete trash either.

we finished a game or 2 above .500 last year... and I'm saying we'll compete for a WS. But we will def not be out the NL West chase.

13 qualified right fielders were better than Ethier last year, and his 2.9 WAR tied Jeff Francoeur. I give that only a chance at being above average if he bounces back since there were more qualified right fielders better than him than those worse.

Rivera and Gwynn are awful, especially for the bar left field has. They will be lucky if they're just replacement level. 2nd base has a chance at replacement level, but you're talking about retreads again there.

The bad pitcher is Capuano. Lilly and Harang can be average if everything goes right, but nobody is going to bet on that for both of them. Lilly is 36 and average seems like a best case scenario (as much as I like the guy). Plus, with age is an increased injury risk and the Dodgers have no rotation depth (hence why Chris Capuano is pitching).

The Jokemaker
04-19-2012, 10:55 AM
It's kind of a moot point to even consider power rankings at this point since the season is so long. BUT if it must be done, just put the Nationals at 1. It is unlikely they keep this up the whole season so just give them some applause.

My current WS prediction - Yankees vs Braves

Bballguru
04-19-2012, 11:48 AM
I think the nats have alot of potential this year. They need to improve their offense for sure, but their pitching thus far is incredible. I would love to see rangers nats in the WS. Hell i would love to see the nats there period.
I obviously would like to see my rangers go back, but if they dont i wouldnt mind seeing some new teams in this year, and not the same ole yanks or cards

todu82
04-19-2012, 12:41 PM
1) Texas
2) LA Dodgers
3) Detroit
4) Washington
5) St.Louis

Playoffs:

AL Wild Card: Toronto over Chicago White Sox

ALDS:

Texas over Toronto
Detroit over Baltimore

ALCS:

Detroit over Texas

NL Wild Card: Atlanta over Arizona

NLDS:

St.Louis over Atlanta
Los Angeles over Washington

NLCS:

Los Angeles over St.Louis

World Series:

Los Angeles over Detroit

J.Twiggy
04-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Ehh i don't see my Nats making the playoffs with Strasburg on a innings limit this season

raidersrock99
04-19-2012, 01:07 PM
rangers will go to the world series and lose again its what they do giants 2010 champs!

stipe1280
04-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Ehh i don't see my Nats making the playoffs with Strasburg on a innings limit this season

Good discussion about that on MLB radio on XM today. They discussed maybe putting Strasburg on a short DL stint, just to keep his innings low in case the Nats are in the playoff hunt. Not sure how I feel about it, but it's an interesting option.

Also have to wonder how many innings Jordan Zimmerman will get this year...

Bballguru
04-19-2012, 02:10 PM
I have a feeling if they take his innings away they wont be in the playoff hunt. Hell hes the main reason they have a chance to be in the playoff hunt..

Or maybe im just talking outta my ***.

Nethertheless i think the nats will push october regardless.
Whats the team era right now? Like 1.5? Ridiculous!

J.Twiggy
04-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Its 1.92 currently is overall health is the main concern i would rather have him for the long-term.

Bballguru
04-19-2012, 02:42 PM
I guess sometimes you have to make sacrifises for your team. Strasburgs proven he can do that.
Which makes him even more the great player that he is.

J.Twiggy
04-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Missing the playoffs this season is fine by me if it means having Strasburg fully healthy next season and beyond to make a real push at the postseason

Bballguru
04-19-2012, 03:38 PM
I would love to see them make the postseason this year.

Rangerchick
04-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Missing the playoffs this season is fine by me if it means having Strasburg fully healthy next season and beyond to make a real push at the postseason

Thank goodness Dusty Baker isn't your manager. He basically ruined Prior's career.

J.Twiggy
04-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah good thing but luckily we have Gio/JZimm/Edwin to sustain our rotation after Stras gets shut down

LASportsFan1996
04-19-2012, 06:30 PM
I Doubt WSH Can Shut Down Stras In The Middle Of A Playoff Push, Assuming They Are Still In It Which I Assume They Will Be

Jeffy25
04-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Good discussion about that on MLB radio on XM today. They discussed maybe putting Strasburg on a short DL stint, just to keep his innings low in case the Nats are in the playoff hunt. Not sure how I feel about it, but it's an interesting option.

Also have to wonder how many innings Jordan Zimmerman will get this year...

It's stupid to even limit his innings, much less put him on some DL stint that isn't necessary (not to mention a players union over-reaction would follow)\

There is zero scientific proof that an innings limit is necessary, surely the Nats know this (the Rays certainly do). Any player can handle whatever they get used to. Strasburg shouldn't be shut down, and putting him on some DL stint would be almost worse (considering they could lose a lot of ground then in the first place).

Pitch with him as if he can go 250 innings, and if it gets to Sept, and you are out of it, and you want to give him a long off-season, then so be it. But don't hurt the franchises chances of a playoff berth because of something that has no scientific proof of existing.

Bballguru
04-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Rangers Tigers underway!!!

Bballguru
04-19-2012, 07:13 PM
I agree. If the nats staff knows whats good for them they'll let stras pitch his normal innings.

StickyGreenFan
04-21-2012, 01:22 PM
im still not sold on the dodgers and im a fan Lol kemp n ethier are as good as ANY 1-2 combo of hitters in the league right now. someone pointed out ethier's stats from last year when he was injured, well hes healthy again and playing great baseball. we have a solid infield n outfield defensively, but yea depth at pitching and the 2nd half of our batting order isnt much to brag about...

Jack of Blades
04-21-2012, 01:28 PM
8-0 Rangers in the 1st inning with only one out. Anybody that doubts the Rangers are #1 is kidding themselves.

VenezuelanMet
04-21-2012, 01:33 PM
The rest of the AL should just pack their bags.

pebloemer
04-21-2012, 01:34 PM
How good does Texas look? Wow....

StriveGreatness
04-21-2012, 01:43 PM
The rest of the AL should just pack their bags.

They aren't going to play this well all year

Young2Kinsler
04-22-2012, 12:41 PM
They aren't going to play this well all year

Maybe not THIS well, but people are fooling themselves to think Texas won't be in the thick of title contention again this season.

SportsAndrew25
04-22-2012, 02:49 PM
1) Rangers
2) Dodgers
3) Tigers
4) Nationals
5) Cardinals

J.Twiggy
04-22-2012, 04:15 PM
1)Rangers
2)Tigers
3)Dodgers
4)Braves
5)Cardinals

Thats my current top 5 as of right now.

DChibes
04-22-2012, 04:22 PM

Wait is this a joke? You are saying that the Cardinals have a better offense than the Yankees, Dodgers, Tigers, Rays, Angels, Rangers, Red Sox? I think you need to look around the league a little bit before you talk.

MLB Team Battting Leaders 2012

Runs-Rangers
Hits-Rangers
Home Runs-Yankees
RBI's-Rangers
AVG-Rangers
OBP-Yankees
SLG-Rangers
OPS-Rangers

The Rangers and Yankees are 1 and 2 in almost every offensive category. They have the best two offenses in Baseball by far. Not The Cardinals...:facepalm:

04-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Wait is this a joke? You are saying that the Cardinals have a better offense than the Yankees, Dodgers, Tigers, Rays, Angels, Rangers, Red Sox? I think you need to look around the league a little bit before you talk.

Runs-Rangers
Hits-Rangers
Home Runs-Yankees
RBI's-Rangers
AVG-Rangers
OBP-Yankees
SLG-Rangers
OPS-Rangers

The Rangers and Yankees are 1 and 2 in almost every offensive category. They have the best two offenses in Baseball by far. Not The Cardinals...:facepalm:

Jeffy made that post 4 days ago when the Cards most likely did have the best offense in baseball. They currently do have a better offense than the Dodgers, Rays, Tigers, Angels, and Red Sox.

Jeffy25
04-22-2012, 05:12 PM

Runs-Rangers
Hits-Rangers
Home Runs-Yankees
RBI's-Rangers
AVG-Rangers
OBP-Yankees
SLG-Rangers
OPS-Rangers

that post was April 18th, when the Cards were well in the lead.

Cards still have the best ballpark adjusted numbers, and are doing this without a DH

Your response is 4 days later, when the post was made, they were actually well in the lead.

As of today, the Yankees and Rangers are 1 and 2, and the Cardinals 3rd. Not having a DH and being the only of these three teams playing in a pitchers park, I'll take it.

Either way it's very early still.

Rangerchick
04-22-2012, 05:40 PM

Cards still have the best ballpark adjusted numbers, and are doing this without a DH

Your response is 4 days later, when the post was made, they were actually well in the lead.

As of today, the Yankees and Rangers are 1 and 2, and the Cardinals 3rd. Not having a DH and being the only of these three teams playing in a pitchers park, I'll take it.

To be fair then if you want to trot out park factors and DH's, you should also mention TEX is #2nd in pitching in MLB despite TEX playing in a hitter's park half the time and having to face DH's all season exc. during interleague games, while STL is 6th. Why not just say TEX and STL both have well-rounded teams?

Jeffy25
04-22-2012, 06:10 PM
To be fair then if you want to trot out park factors and DH's, you should also mention TEX is #2nd in pitching in MLB despite TEX playing in a hitter's park half the time and having to face DH's all season exc. during interleague games, while STL is 6th. Why not just say TEX and STL both have well-rounded teams?

They both are, the quote was from someone responding to a specific line about the Cards offense.

DChibes
04-25-2012, 08:21 PM

Didn't see the post date sorry bout that...I actually went to the Cubs Cardinals game today. The Cardinals won and looked very solid. The only problem i had with them was that after Freese, they seemed to have nothing. They also had a few pinch hitters that came into the game that looked pretty bad. The pitching and first 5 hitters was awesome. The cardinals have a good team and it helps that they are in the NL. They should have no problem getting to the world series. I don't see them winning it though. The Ranger, Yankees, and Tigers can all beat the Cards in a 7 game series.

Uncle Sam
04-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Detroits too high. They need more starting pitching.

evadatam5150
04-25-2012, 10:44 PM

Someone OD'd on the Hater aide this morning.. Listen I agree it's far too early, and let's face it, they truly don't have a lot of depth and have a few defensive gaps as well as a few liabilities with the pitching staff.. But it's easy to see that you're just hating for the sake of hating right now.. lol..

evadatam5150
04-25-2012, 10:46 PM

See.. And this is a good analysis based on some facts.. Surprising from a Texas fan for sure, but still well thought out.. :D

PraiseJesus
04-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Nats #2?

R u kidding me?

Bballguru
04-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Im fixing to update this post to current. The most complete team is the Rangers..

Hitting- 1st
Pitching- 3rd
Fielding- 4th

flea
04-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Someone OD'd on the Hater aide this morning.. Listen I agree it's far too early, and let's face it, they truly don't have a lot of depth and have a few defensive gaps as well as a few liabilities with the pitching staff.. But it's easy to see that you're just hating for the sake of hating right now.. lol..

I have no horse in the race in the NL West. But when people think a team that trots out an infield of Juan Uribe, Dee Gordon, Mark Ellis, and James Loney is the team to beat, well I like to set the record straight.

Bballguru
04-26-2012, 03:39 PM
I have no horse in the race in the NL West. But when people think a team that trots out an infield of Juan Uribe, Dee Gordon, Mark Ellis, and James Loney is the team to beat, well I like to set the record straight.

Well said! Lol

Teufelshunde4
04-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Didn't see the post date sorry bout that...I actually went to the Cubs Cardinals game today. The Cardinals won and looked very solid. The only problem i had with them was that after Freese, they seemed to have nothing. They also had a few pinch hitters that came into the game that looked pretty bad. The pitching and first 5 hitters was awesome. The cardinals have a good team and it helps that they are in the NL. They should have no problem getting to the world series. I don't see them winning it though. The Ranger, Yankees, and Tigers can all beat the Cards in a 7 game series.

Playing without Berkman, Craig and Jay will thin out any lineup.. Be nice when those 3 are back... If the 2nd basemen ever produces at a reasonable rate it could be even better.

LASportsFan1996
04-26-2012, 04:49 PM

Gordon Is An Impact Player..... And I've Got 2 Other Words For Ya.... Matt.Kemp.

Bballguru
04-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Gordon Is An Impact Player..... And I've Got 2 Other Words For Ya.... Matt.Kemp.

Well, the Dodgers havent exactly had the "strength of schedule" factor going for them thus far. Their winning games they should be winning. I doubt their ability to make even a decent run at the postseason.
2 players can only do so much, and they dont exactly have top of the line pitching.

KingPosey
04-26-2012, 05:00 PM
I hate to say it, but I feel the Braves are super dangerous this year, and it will show with time.

flea
04-26-2012, 05:49 PM

Gordon is a batting average dependant, below average discipline, and way below average power hitter. So, he's Cliff Pennington. His defense is nice, but that doesn't help you score runs when the best thing you've got on offense outside of your bona fide star is a slightly above average to good corner outfielder.

Jeffy25
04-26-2012, 07:21 PM

Gordon is not an impact player, at least not yet.

He is going to have to greatly improve his plate approach or start hitting for a much better average before he can really be an impact player. He is a glove guy with speed. Ozzie Smith type (not caliber), not as good of defense or bat.

And it's not like the kid is 21, he is 24. That isn't old by any means, but he isn't probably going to improve a ton either.

He is a good young player to have, and I personally would want him on my team. But he has a ways to go before I would call him an impact player.

Fly
04-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Nats #2?

R u kidding me?

They're 14-4... :shrug:

LASportsFan1996
04-27-2012, 02:42 AM
Does Cliff Penington Lead The Majors In Stolen Bases? As Far As Batting AVG, He Has Hit .300 His Whole Pro Career, Hell He Hit .300 In The Majors Lats Year. He Is Just Off To A Slow Start.