PDA

View Full Version : What would be the bigger disappointment

MiamiBoy77
04-18-2012, 09:43 AM
If the HEAT dont come out of the east? Or if the Thunder dont come out of the west?

kdspurman
04-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Obviously it's the heat. That's cause they set themselves up for high expectations. Not to mention playing in the much easier conference. There are about 5-6 teams that can come out the west. In the east it's really 2 teams.

btw... what's with typing "HEAT" in all caps? I've seen that before is that like some cool new trend or something? lol

Lakeshow24KB
04-18-2012, 09:51 AM
The Heat by far. The thunder didn't guarantee at least 8 championships....

SaimuKala
04-18-2012, 10:07 AM
The Heat

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-18-2012, 10:20 AM
The SuperFriends Club of South Beach.

TheIlladelph16
04-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Obviously it's the heat. That's cause they set themselves up for high expectations. Not to mention playing in the much easier conference. There are about 5-6 teams that can come out the west. In the east it's really 2 teams.

btw... what's with typing "HEAT" in all caps? I've seen that before is that like some cool new trend or something? lol

I agree its the Heat, but to say its the "much easier" conference is a little off-base. I think the East has closed the significant gap on the West in the last few years especially in teams 1-7. West might have a deeper conference considering the east has the two worst teams, but I'd say they are far closer than its been in a while.

ManningToTyree
04-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Heat. Going 0/2 after the not 1 not 2... BS would be a big disappointment

Avenged
04-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Heat easily.

Out West you have 4-5 legitimate teams that could probably come out.

Antwerp_nr1
04-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Heat, with all the hype they placed on themselves when they got together.

devilsheat25
04-18-2012, 10:28 AM

It's the official way.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-18-2012, 10:31 AM
It's the official way.

No it's not, some Heat fans just decided to invent this notion to glorify their team.

If you look at the Lakers logo, it's actually in all capital letters: LAKERS (with the end of the loop on the S underlining the entire word LAKERS.

Every team for the most part has capital letters on their logo. Your notion and other Heat fans' notion is utterly ridiculous. You guys really need to stop with this juvenile glorification of your team, it's annoying.

Fans of every team can start doing it: RAPTORS, CAVS, CELTICS, HORNETS...ETC. ETC.

But no, only Miami Heat fans feel the urge to do so.

devilsheat25
04-18-2012, 10:34 AM
No it's not, some Heat fans just decided to invent this notion to glorify their team.

If you look at the Lakers logo, it's actually in all capital letters: LAKERS (with the end of the loop on the S underlining the entire word LAKERS.

Every team for the most part has capital letters on their logo. Your notion and other Heat fans' notion is utterly ridiculous. You guys really need to stop with this juvenile glorification of your team, it's annoying.

Fans of every team can start doing it: RAPTORS, CAVS, CELTICS, HORNETS...ETC. ETC.

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Look at every use of HEAT. :facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-18-2012, 10:38 AM

The website is going to glorify its own team.

If you read most ESPN analysts articles on Miami, they rarely capitalize the word "Heat", and good ole Wikipedia doesn't either. :laugh2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Heat

kdspurman
04-18-2012, 10:38 AM

Is that something that's always been or was it something they started last year? I'm just curious cause I see ppl doing it on Twitter/FB, on Forums. Just don't remember seeing that a few years ago.

Big Zo
04-18-2012, 10:39 AM

As a Heat fan, I too can't stand it, and find it ********. Wish it would stop, but it's w/e.

DragonJaii
04-18-2012, 10:40 AM
heat

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Is that something that's always been or was it something they started last year? I'm just curious cause I see ppl doing it on Twitter/FB, on Forums. Just don't remember seeing that a few years ago.

You mean in the good ole days of Tim Hardaway and Alonzo Mourning.

Or how about the Wade and Shaq days when they played with Jason Williams and Antoine "I don't bend them knees when I shoot those 3s" Walker. :D

Yeah, I never saw the word italicized until the 3 Heat formed.

kdspurman
04-18-2012, 10:41 AM

This is what I thought it was, but did not want to assume and pis$ people off. lol. Cause maybe it is something the heat wanted their fans to do idk

devilsheat25
04-18-2012, 10:43 AM
is this going to turn into a whole thread of the proper use of their name?

kdspurman
04-18-2012, 10:45 AM

Na man, we can drop it now. I really just wanted to know.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-18-2012, 10:46 AM

Haha sorry, but anyways, back to topic, yes, I think it would be a bigger disappointment if the Heat did not come out of their conference.

However, at the same time, in some ways, I think it would be more disappointing if Chicago too didn't come out of their conference for a 2nd straight yr despite having the best overall record for the 2nd straight yr.

They would be the same as the 09 and 2010 Cavs, who had the best record in the league but didn't make it to the finals either year.

Thunder I think are just way too young and really aren't expected to do anything in all honesty.

Big Zo
04-18-2012, 10:47 AM
This is what I thought it was, but did not want to assume and pis$ people off. lol. Cause maybe it is something the heat wanted their fans to do idk

I believe it was the person tha runs their Facebook page that started doing that ****.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-18-2012, 10:49 AM
I believe it was the person tha runs their Facebook page that started doing that ****.

I had a feeling it was something like that. Thanks for clarifying. Now Heat fans can hopefully stop capitalizing it and we can all move on. ;)

FraziersKnicks
04-18-2012, 10:55 AM
This thread went off topic quickly :laugh2:

uprightciti
04-18-2012, 11:02 AM
when the knicks beat the heat in the first round LOL

Audubon
04-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Heat by a wide margin. They should have won last year. They need to win this year too. In fact them struggling like they have been is a dissapointment already.

JC_
04-18-2012, 11:17 AM
If you ignore all the Heat controversy, I think the Heat and Bulls both have very high expectations in the East. I'm sure fans of both teams will be disappointed and feel they didn't meet expectations if they don't make the nba finals.

OKC are alone in the West if you ignore the Spurs who really weren't suppose to be where they are in the standings.

So, if you ignore the controversy and look at those 3 teams, any one of them being eliminated would be almost equally disappointing imo.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-18-2012, 11:25 AM
when the knicks beat the heat in the first round LOL

If Lin and Amare come back healthy, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised.

Shmontaine
04-18-2012, 12:17 PM
BULLS would be a bigger upset than the spurs IMO...

SAS looks damn good right now...

Big Zo
04-18-2012, 01:34 PM
If Lin and Amare come back healthy, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised.

Remember that it was the Heat that basically put an end to Linsanity. ;)

Pierzynski4Prez
04-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Only 1 of the teams announced to their home town that they would win 6+ titles, so I'll go with that team