PDA

View Full Version : Clippers defensive improvements

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 02:20 AM
Bholly you asked about tangible evidence on the improved defense and I found some. This is also relevant for the posters who continuously say the Clippers don't, or can't play defense. Which BTW they are the only team this season to hold the Thunder (top offense in NBA) to 25 points in a half. Not only that but the only points scored in the second half by Durant or Westbrook were free throws outside of one field goal made.

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nba/la-clippers?id=634fda5e-f220-5a46-b5cf-357e3d7238d1

1. In the last 20 games the Clippers only allow 101 points per 100 possessions, good for 9th best overall defense in that span.

2. In the last 20 games they have become top 5 in turnovers forced per game after being middle of the pack all season long prior.

3. The Clippers 3 point shooting defense has improved tremendously the last 20 games if you look at the numbers.

So basically there is some tangible evidence here per NBA statistical database. I mentioned the improvements occurring since ASW which is what 30 games ago? Nonetheless the numbers are here for the last 20 games at least.

Also if you trust the comments below the article a poster claims the Clippers are ranked the 6th overall defense for the month of April which wouldn't surprise me with the recent dominant defensive performances. So anybody that thinks this is a bad or subpar defensive team still, needs to look at the facts and rethink that opinion. 20 games is nearly 30 percent of a season and plenty of a sampling size to say their defense has improved TREMENDOUSLY.

SpaceJamJordans
04-18-2012, 02:21 AM
can you stop making these threads please? i'm a clipper fan and this is a no no

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 02:25 AM
can you stop making these threads please? i'm a clipper fan and this is a no no

People don't have to read them. I'm not trolling or boasting. Just putting up tangible evidence people asked for other day. That thread was deleted so couldn't add there and Holly's PM's weren't working.

SpaceJamJordans
04-18-2012, 02:27 AM
People don't have to read them. I'm not trolling or boasting. Just putting up tangible evidence people asked for other day. That thread was deleted so couldn't add there and Holly's PM's weren't working.

yeah i know... but maybe make the clipper forum more active. all youre gonna get here is hate

bholly
04-18-2012, 02:28 AM
I didn't ask for that - I don't really care. I just said your last evidence was wrong.

I did ask you to stop making Clippers threads that nobody cares about.

Also, my PM isn't working? Really?

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-18-2012, 02:28 AM

You are becoming one of my favorite Clipper fans here on ProSportsDaily. Keep it up man, it's refreshing to see threads like these about teams not named Lakers, Heat or Bulls.

Chacarron
04-18-2012, 02:29 AM
Poor guy, nobody would pay attention to him if he posts his threads in the Clippers forum (desert town). Give him a break people.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 02:31 AM
You are becoming one of my favorite Clipper fans here on ProSportsDaily. Keep it up man, it's refreshing to see threads like these about teams not named Lakers, Heat or Bulls.

Old habits die hard. People have become brainwashed to where it's acceptable to post threads about Lakers, Heat, Bulls, Celtics, Knicks etc..... but any "lesser" fanbase posts anything and it's "Post that crap in your teams forum" etc. This is a GENERAL forum section guys.

Thanks for the compliment! I always have respect for fans like yourself who see that I'm just trying to talk basketball like everybody else. Also Sasha Vujacic up above is correct. Clippers sub forum has 5 regular members. Not exactly an active place to chat for threads like this.

bholly
04-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Old habits die hard. People have become brainwashed to where it's acceptable to post threads about Lakers, Heat, Bulls, Celtics, Knicks etc..... but any "lesser" fanbase posts anything and it's "Post that crap in your teams forum" etc. This is a GENERAL forum section guys.

Thanks for the compliment!

People tell fans of those teams to take it to their own forum too. All the time. Every day.

Lakers + Giants
04-18-2012, 02:34 AM
LMAO. :laugh2:

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 02:36 AM
People tell fans of those teams to take it to their own forum too. All the time. Every day.

Which is moronic considering this is the GENERAL NBA FORUM. Explain to me what belongs here if not a single thing team specific can be here? :facepalm:. Anything anybody posts is going to be about a team. Unless only ex players or previous teams are allowed to be discussed. Be logical Holly... I know your IQ is higher than this.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 02:40 AM
Holly if you want to be friends all you have to do is ask. Send a friend request even. No reason to be passive aggressive and go after me. I have room for another friend.

5ass
04-18-2012, 02:43 AM
if u dont like the thread wouldnt it be much smarter to let the thread die down rather than bumping it by complaining?

Anyway, it seems that nick young is doing a decent job on defense for the clippers. Its good that he's using his length to bother players. I was actually really surprised at how horrible they were statistically at the beginning of the season. One thing that bothers me though is that Vinny rarely plays Cp3-Young-Butler together for some reason. I think they could work well together.

bholly
04-18-2012, 02:44 AM
Which is moronic considering this is the GENERAL NBA FORUM. Explain to me what belongs here if not a single thing team specific can be here? :facepalm:. Anything anybody posts is going to be about a team. Unless only ex players or previous teams are allowed to be discussed. Be logical Holly... I know your IQ is higher than this.

Stuff that is generally interesting to fans of other teams. A 5th or 6th thread on the Clippers' defensive stats isn't interesting to fans of other teams.

Look at the threads on the front page. Dwight quitting on SVG is interesting to fans of many teams. The lottery is interesting to fans of many teams. Todays games are of interest to fans of many teams. A possible Kings move is interesting to fans of many teams. A possible Hornets re-brand is of interest to fans of many teams. Things that are possibly historic - like Dallas maybe missing the playoffs or the Bobcats record or Garnett's Milestone, or Rondo's streak - are interesting to fans of many teams. Advertising on jerseys is of interest to fans of many teams. etc.

There are plenty of things that are interesting to fans of every team.

Here are some things that are only interesting to fans of your team:
Bragging about how good your team is.
Giving run-of-the-mill stats about your team (Note: "9th in the NBA over the last 20 games!" isn't thread-worthy).
Talking about how good you think your team will do in the playoffs.
Talking about how good you think your teams fans are.
Talking about minor things (the type of things that happen to every team) happening to your team.
etc.

All of your threads fit into one of the latter categories. Stop it.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 02:46 AM
if u dont like the thread wouldnt it be much smarter to let the thread die down rather than bumping it by complaining?
Anyway, it seems that nick young is doing a decent job on defense for the clippers. Its good that he's using his length to bother players. I was actually really surprised at how horrible they were statistically at the beginning of the season.

If you trust synergy stats Nick Young is a top 20 perimeter defender in 1 on 1 situations or at least he was around the time of the trade to the Clippers. Two times in a week he locked Durant up when put on him. I think the defensive improvements have a lot to do with chemistry building.

You can't throw 9 new players together and expect them to play cohesive basketball on either end, especially without training camp in a condensed season. You guys watch all star games every year. You see how choppy those games are (even when they try hard). Clippers are finally learning how to play as a TEAM. I imagine with years to build chemistry like Spurs, Lakers, Bulls, Grizzlies, Celtics and other top teams.. they will only get better.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Stuff that is generally interesting to fans of other teams. A 5th or 6th thread on the Clippers' defensive stats isn't interesting to fans of other teams.

Look at the threads on the front page. Dwight quitting on SVG is interesting to fans of many teams. The lottery is interesting to fans of many teams. Todays games are of interest to fans of many teams. A possible Kings move is interesting to fans of many teams. A possible Hornets re-brand is of interest to fans of many teams. Things that are possibly historic - like Dallas maybe missing the playoffs or the Bobcats record or Garnett's Milestone, or Rondo's streak - are interesting to fans of many teams. Advertising on jerseys is of interest to fans of many teams. etc.

There are plenty of things that are interesting to fans of every team.

Here are some things that are only interesting to fans of your team:
Bragging about how good your team is.
Giving run-of-the-mill stats about your team (Note: "9th in the NBA over the last 20 games!" isn't thread-worthy).
Talking about how good you think your team will do in the playoffs.
Talking about how good you think your teams fans are.
Talking about minor things (the type of things that happen to every team) happening to your team.
etc.

All of your threads fit into one of the latter categories. Stop it.

http://www.freshbytes.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

bholly
04-18-2012, 02:49 AM
Holly if you want to be friends all you have to do is ask. Send a friend request even. No reason to be passive aggressive and go after me. I have room for another friend.

I don't think you know what passive agressive means.

There are plenty of great posters here, and there is and can be plenty of great discussion. So far you're not one of the great posters, and this (and your other half dozen similar threads) isn't a great discussion.
Encouraging people who do this by letting their threads live - people who only care about talking up their own team and talking down others and don't seem to have any actual interest in basketball beyond their own homerism and trash talking - lowers the quality of discussion and ruins the forum.

Seriously, these would be really interesting stats and topics to Clippers fans, and are really boring and only going to start arguments with other fans.
So why do you even want to post them in here?
Either you actually care about the stats and what they mean and want to talk about them, in which case you'd post them in the Clippers forum where you'll get real discussion, or you care about trash talking and proving your fandom and getting in fights, in which case you're an awful poster.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 02:52 AM
I don't think you know what passive agressive means.

There are plenty of great posters here, and there is and can be plenty of great discussion. So far you're not one of the great posters, and this (and your other half dozen similar threads) isn't a great discussion.
Encouraging people who do this by letting their threads live - people who only care about talking up their own team and talking down others and don't seem to have any actual interest in basketball beyond their own homerism and trash talking - lowers the quality of discussion and ruins the forum.

Seriously, these would be really interesting stats and topics to Clippers fans, and are really boring and only going to start arguments with other fans.
So why do you even want to post them in here?
Either you actually care about the stats and what they mean and want to talk about them, in which case you'd post them in the Clippers forum where you'll get real discussion, or you care about trash talking and proving your fandom and getting in fights, in which case you're an awful poster.

What if I want insight on the Clippers defense or Clippers in general from these great posters you mention? I have to post the topics in the Clippers section and direct them there? PM everybody? I think you're being a bit dramatic.

bholly
04-18-2012, 02:55 AM
What if I want insight on the Clippers defense or Clippers in general from these great posters you mention? I have to post the topics in the Clippers section and direct them there? PM everybody? I think you're being a bit dramatic.

Then post a real question asking for insight, and listen to it. Don't post brag threads where you're rude to everyone who comments in anything other than agreement. You even admitted in your last thread that it was a bait thread designed to be inflammatory and start fights.
Don't pretend you're trying to get insight - you're trying to get attention to argue your side and nothing mire.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 02:59 AM
Then post a real question asking for insight, and listen to it. Don't post brag threads where you're rude to everyone who comments in anything other than agreement. You even admitted in your last thread that it was a bait thread designed to be inflammatory and start fights.
Don't pretend you're trying to get insight - you're trying to get attention to argue your side and nothing mire.

I'm not trying to argue in this one. I noticed last thread some people stated the Clippers bad D and wanted to show some numbers. I may be wording it in a poor way...but what I really want is discussion and opinions from legit posters like the Magic fan who mentioned Nick Young.

I'm not trying to troll or be a jerk, I promise that.

LakersMaster24
04-18-2012, 03:03 AM
I dont understand why mods wont move this into the Clippers forum.

JoeDirt05
04-18-2012, 03:04 AM
stop posting stuff about the clippers the clippers will always be the #2 team in LA until they win once that happens post all you want until then leave it in ur forum

naps
04-18-2012, 03:05 AM
LMAO!! This guy has been trying too hard to convince people Clippers this and Clippers are that.

bholly
04-18-2012, 03:14 AM
I'm not trying to argue in this one. I noticed last thread some people stated the Clippers bad D and wanted to show some numbers. I may be wording it in a poor way...but what I really want is discussion and opinions from legit posters like the Magic fan who mentioned Nick Young.

I'm not trying to troll or be a jerk, I promise that.

And I don't believe you. You have a history of Clippers bait/brag thread after Clippers bait/brag thread. You even admit it, like in the last one, or imply it when you say things like this:

BTW that's one of the reasons I'm going to post more. So you guys have another soldier in the battle. If I have to take one for the team I will. If they ban me for stupid reasons and try to bully me... I get a new IP address within 10 minutes. I'm not worried.

It's pretty clear you have no intention of doing anything here but fighting about how good the Clippers are.

It's all sort of worth it, though, because it gives the rest of us the chance to lol when you admit to baiting after saying this:

LMFAO :clap:. Seriously why do people try to bait? I can't think of any other reason besides jealousy.

I think that tells us just about everything.

bholly
04-18-2012, 03:17 AM
FWIW, in future, if you want to claim a thread is looking for insight and not trying to start fights, you should include some actual questions instead of "So anybody that thinks this is a bad or subpar defensive team still, needs to look at the facts and rethink that opinion". It doesn't do much for your credibility.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 03:19 AM
And I don't believe you. You have a history of Clippers bait/brag thread after Clippers bait/brag thread. You even admit it, like in the last one, or imply it when you say things like this:

It's pretty clear you have no intention of doing anything here but fighting about how good the Clippers are.

It's all sort of worth it, though, because it gives the rest of us the chance to lol when you admit to baiting after saying this:

I think that tells us just about everything.

Posting what I said months ago to the Clippers sub forum about "taking one for the team" had to do with Clippers fans on this forum being mistreated by Lakers fans. You completely used that quote and example out of context. It wasn't about me instigating out of the blue but rather retaliation. Which is completely different than what you're accusing me of :facepalm:.

BTW you keep mentioning a history but I've posted 3 recent threads including this one in recent months. One about Eric Bledsoe emerging as an elite perimeter defender, other day about Clippers having the Grizzlies number and this one today. So again you're not only exaggerating but you're being dramatic and reaching very far friend.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 03:21 AM
FWIW, in future, if you want to claim a thread is looking for insight and not trying to start fights, you should include some actual questions instead of "So anybody that thinks this is a bad or subpar defensive team still, needs to look at the facts and rethink that opinion". It doesn't do much for your credibility.

Sure the wording was abrasive but remember you and everybody else always has a choice to read and respond. You're investing an awful lot of time in responding in my threads and complaining for somebody who "doesn't care" or is annoyed with me. Honestly it seems like you have a crush on me or something. Either post something related to the topic or move on. I'm not making you stay here.

Donuts365
04-18-2012, 03:22 AM

Anyway, it seems that nick young is doing a decent job on defense for the clippers. Its good that he's using his length to bother players. I was actually really surprised at how horrible they were statistically at the beginning of the season. One thing that bothers me though is that Vinny rarely plays Cp3-Young-Butler together for some reason. I think they could work well together.

to much offense on court need bench dept

JoeDirt05
04-18-2012, 03:25 AM
Sure the wording was abrasive but remember you and everybody else always has a choice to read and respond. You're investing an awful lot of time in responding in my threads and complaining for somebody who "doesn't care" or is annoyed with me. Honestly it seems like you have a crush on me or something. Either post something related to the topic or move on. I'm not making you stay here.

this is exactly what everyone is trying to tell you! post something relavent not some homerism fan post about how amazing your team is. I love the blazers and believe aldridge is incredibly underrated but I dont go around creating threads about him and the blazers every chance I get.

dalton749
04-18-2012, 03:25 AM
seriously broooo!
nobody cares

bholly
04-18-2012, 03:31 AM
"Eric Bledsoe= Rondo 2.0. Jelly?" and a thread where you tried to argue how good the Clippers defense is isn't really evidence against the idea that you're a troll who just starts Clippers brag/bait threads.

Inviting people to look through your thread making history, to find such gems as "Why couldn't the refs save the Heat?" [in that days loss to the Clipps], "Thanks Minnesota for the #1 pick in the 2012 NBA draft", and "Lakers fans day the darndest things" doesn't exactly help either.

You've made 37 NBA threads (plus any that started here and got moved), of which maybe 5 weren't directly about the Clippers (although some of those were still partly about the Clippers).
All I'm asking you, as nicely as I can, is that you stop it. When you go to post a thread, ask "Is this something non-Clipper fans care about? or is this just something about the Clippers I want them to know?" and if it's the latter, don't post it in here. That's all.
99% of the posters here do it. You should do it too.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 03:31 AM
this is exactly what everyone is trying to tell you! post something relavent not some homerism fan post about how amazing your team is. I love the blazers and believe aldridge is incredibly underrated but I dont go around creating threads about him and the blazers every chance I get.

Your poor logic is really eye opening. You won't talk about the Blazers because they are a **** team right now that fell VERY far and Aldridge has disappeared off the face of the earth as a result. I've posted 3 threads in the last few months and they all came when the Clippers are the hottest team in the NBA, one of the most relevant stories and topics AND are all over the media. Obviously people care.

If you or Holly are among the group that don't want to talk about the Clippers you don't have to! That's the great thing about a basketball forum. You can not only choose what you read but what you respond to. :clap:

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 03:35 AM
"Eric Bledsoe= Rondo 2.0. Jelly?" and a thread where you tried to argue how good the Clippers defense is isn't really evidence against the idea that you're a troll who just starts Clippers brag/bait threads.

Inviting people to look through your thread making history, to find such gems as "Why couldn't the refs save the Heat?" [in that days loss to the Clipps], "Thanks Minnesota for the #1 pick in the 2012 NBA draft", and "Lakers fans day the darndest things" doesn't exactly help either.

You've made 37 NBA threads (plus any that started here and got moved), of which maybe 5 weren't directly about the Clippers (although some of those were still partly about the Clippers).
All I'm asking you, as nicely as I can, is that you stop it. When you go to post a thread, ask "Is this something non-Clipper fans care about? or is this just something about the Clippers I want them to know?" and if it's the latter, don't post it in here. That's all.
99% of the posters here do it. You should do it too.

LMFAO. I forgot about those threads to be honest. Great threads, would read again. BTW funny thing is no matter how much I instigate... much of what I say comes true. That Bledsoe thread.... weeks later you have analysts like Hollinger saying he can be a top 5 defender in the game in the near future. You have the Clippers playing DOMINANT defense on elite teams. Then the Minny thread was before the CP3 trade obviously. Heat thread was in January. Again not much recent.

JoeDirt05
04-18-2012, 03:36 AM
Actually i post in the PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS forum. You know the place were you talk about your team! Aldridge has disappeared because he isnt playing anymore he is injured :facepalm:

bholly
04-18-2012, 03:38 AM

Because if everyone just ignores the terrible posts then terrible posters keep making them. If we complain, they stop (or are stopped). It's not worth my time individually to try and stop this one thread, but it's closer to being worth my time to get you to think and try and prevent you from posting another 30 stupid Clippers threads, and it's worth everyone's time collectively to complain about every thread like this to stop them happening all together.

"internet serious business" and "stop complaining, why do you care?" are the calling cards of bad posters who, if left to their devices, ruin forums for everyone else - in this case for people who actually like basketball, rather than just their own team.

Again, nicely, please stop posting Clippers threads in the main forum. You don't have a good gauge of when it's worthy of the main forum, so it's best for everyone if you just stop.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 03:40 AM
Actually i post in the PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS forum. You know the place were you talk about your team! Aldridge has disappeared because he isnt playing anymore he is injured :facepalm:

I'm well aware of the overrated, injury prone Aldridge and his injuries. He wasn't even a topic of discussion BEFORE injuries because the Blazers spiraled out of control and out of the playoff race and are quite possibly the most boring, cursed team in the NBA. Also doesn't help that he came into this year as the most hyped PF in the game by many "purists" and got **** on by Love and Griffin from the first week of the season. Nobody will remember Aldridge soon enough when Love and Griffin are putting up monster numbers year after year.

bholly
04-18-2012, 03:40 AM
If you or Holly are among the group that don't want to talk about the Clippers you don't have to! That's the great thing about a basketball forum. You can not only choose what you read but what you respond to. :clap:

That's sort of the point. The people who want to read about the Clippers and their stats go to the Clippers forum. The people who want to read stuff that's relevant to everyone come here.
Why would you post stuff that's irrelevant to other people here, when the audience you want is already in one place - the Clippers forum.
Clippers forum is small? Then there's a small audience for your Clipper thoughts. That's tough. Putting it where people who don't care can see it doesn't gain you anything.

bholly
04-18-2012, 03:41 AM
Some mod is going to see this and probably have to read through all of it, and I feel bad for them, so I'm going to stop - but please please just stop posting awful brag and bait threads. That's all I ask.
You already know about defensive rating rather than opponent ppg, and other good things I've seen you post, which is more than many other posters here, so there's hope for you yet, but at this point even Clippers fans are asking you to stop posting this stuff - so it's time for you to stop.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 03:42 AM
Because if everyone just ignores the terrible posts then terrible posters keep making them. If we complain, they stop (or are stopped). It's not worth my time individually to try and stop this one thread, but it's closer to being worth my time to get you to think and try and prevent you from posting another 30 stupid Clippers threads, and it's worth everyone's time collectively to complain about every thread like this to stop them happening all together.

"internet serious business" and "stop complaining, why do you care?" are the calling cards of bad posters who, if left to their devices, ruin forums for everyone else - in this case for people who actually like basketball, rather than just their own team.

Again, nicely, please stop posting Clippers threads in the main forum. You don't have a good gauge of when it's worthy of the main forum, so it's best for everyone if you just stop.

That's why moderators are here. To assess what's worthy of a thread and what's out of line. The sassy, anal side of you is amusing to me though nonetheless. So I'll continue to humor you with responses. Just know your nagging, like a mother or wife is entertaining and isn't going to hurt my feelings.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 03:45 AM
That's sort of the point. The people who want to read about the Clippers and their stats go to the Clippers forum. The people who want to read stuff that's relevant to everyone come here.
Why would you post stuff that's irrelevant to other people here, when the audience you want is already in one place - the Clippers forum.
Clippers forum is small? Then there's a small audience for your Clipper thoughts. That's tough. Putting it where people who don't care can see it doesn't gain you anything.

Ladies and gentlemen. Bholly... the official spokesman of PSD! He alone will judge what the overall population here wants to read! :clap:

JoeDirt05
04-18-2012, 03:48 AM
I'm well aware of the overrated, injury prone Aldridge and his injuries. He wasn't even a topic of discussion BEFORE injuries because the Blazers spiraled out of control and out of the playoff race and are quite possibly the most boring, cursed team in the NBA. Also doesn't help that he came into this year as the most hyped PF in the game by many "purists" and got **** on by Love and Griffin from the first week of the season. Nobody will remember Aldridge soon enough when Love and Griffin are putting up monster numbers year after year.

you do realize that Aldridge is considered the second best PF in the league behind only Love dont you?

bholly
04-18-2012, 03:49 AM
It's not just up to the moderators to determine everything. The posters are expected to use common sense and moderate themselves. Just about everyone else does, you don't. Don't think I'm the only one thinking these things - it's you who's pretty much by yourself.

bholly
04-18-2012, 03:49 AM
Ladies and gentlemen. Bholly... the official spokesman of PSD! He alone will judge what the overall population here wants to read! :clap:

Actually it's the opposite. I think EVERYONE should be responsible for making good decisions on what should be in here, and you're the only one not doing it.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 03:53 AM
you do realize that Aldridge is considered the second best PF in the league behind only Love dont you?

Sorry Blazer fan... only yourself and Griffin haters feel that way. Which is why Aldridge isn't even in the discussion anymore as being a better PF than these guys like last year. Even before his injuries he became forgotten. Last year the only argument he had was that Blazers were in playoffs, Clippers+Wolves weren't. Reality is Aldridge is more like a SF. Jumpshooting big who's afraid of the deep post and can't rebound with the big boys.

Nobody is going to compare that to a 25+ ppg, 13+ rpg, 2.5 apg PF or a PF putting up 21 ppg, 11 rpg, 3 apg on 54 percent shooting, improved defense on a contender. Reality here is Aldridge is no longer in the top PF discussion and Blazers are once again back to being irrelevant like they were between the Jail Blazers and Brandon Roy era.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 03:57 AM
It's not just up to the moderators to determine everything. The posters are expected to use common sense and moderate themselves. Just about everyone else does, you don't. Don't think I'm the only one thinking these things - it's you who's pretty much by yourself.

Just like I'm not the only one who thinks these threads aren't a big deal. The proof is in the pudding champ. Nobody besides you is aggressively trying to show me the error in my ways on this forum.

bholly
04-18-2012, 04:07 AM
Just because people can't be bothered doesn't mean they don't agree with me. I only responded to this one so strongly because you named me in it several times (including the first word of the first post), suggesting it was something I wanted.

Look back through your threads and see how many have someone other than me telling you to take it to the Clipper forum, or claiming it's a bait/brag/troll thread. It's most of them.

thekmp211
04-18-2012, 09:25 AM
here's the effing problem clippersfan. there are only so many slots on the front page, where the lazy eyes of our 21st century masses spend most of their time. the more clippertastic threads there are, the less room there is for general nba threads that people actually will come in and read, and comment on.

this kind of stuff, it ain't the worst, but this ain't the place. and i hate it when people call for "Team" forums. you are just taking up page space to talk smack about the clippers, something i couldn't care less about. so, i will agree with bholly, please stop.

Lakers + Giants
04-18-2012, 09:50 AM
For being a mod on another site, you're a pretty annoying poster. Are you you still gonna be posting this **** when clips get bounced from the playoffs?

MrfadeawayJB
04-18-2012, 11:43 AM
omg who cares....

Missing56&33
04-18-2012, 11:50 AM
I just don't understand why so many of you don't like Blake Griffin.:shrug: What is there not to like......I don't watch the Clips all that much but whenever i do......all Blake Griffin does is give 100% and everything.....EVERYTHING....is above the rim.

As a fan, you love to see guys playing at that level.

Avenged
04-18-2012, 11:56 AM
We get it. The Clippers are not bad defensively.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-18-2012, 12:03 PM
I just don't understand why so many of you don't like Blake Griffin.:shrug: What is there not to like......I don't watch the Clips all that much but whenever i do......all Blake Griffin does is give 100% and everything.....EVERYTHING....is above the rim.

As a fan, you love to see guys playing at that level.

For a guy his size, he flops like crazy, and gets away with a lot of cheap shots and after the whistle nudges and shoves that he gets away with on a consistent basis.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 02:24 PM
For being a mod on another site, you're a pretty annoying poster. Are you you still gonna be posting this **** when clips get bounced from the playoffs?

I obviously carry myself much differently as a mod.... and in a place where everybody likes and respects me for the most part. Here even last year when I would post more sincere things I felt a bit trolled, so I changed my posting style a bit. Besides this is finally the year the Clippers prove me right so it's good to be able to say the famous "I told you so" after constantly reading garbage and anti Clippers things on this forum for about two years.

What's your username on LTB?

SpaceJamJordans
04-18-2012, 02:27 PM
For a guy his size, he flops like crazy, and gets away with a lot of cheap shots and after the whistle nudges and shoves that he gets away with on a consistent basis.

Doesn't Kobe use his off arm to make a shot? Doesn't Kobe also get three point plays due to the smallest tap on the hand? Come on dude, every superstar gets that call

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Doesn't Kobe use his off arm to make a shot? Doesn't Kobe also get three point plays due to the smallest tap on the hand? Come on dude, every superstar gets that call

You're leaving out the most bogus one. The kick he gives defenders when shooting (similar to Jamal Crawford) which somehow ends up giving him free throws most of the time.

Chronz
04-18-2012, 02:45 PM
For a guy his size? Show me this flopping to size ratio you have handy that lets you know how much a player can/should flop. For a guy with his play style he flops just right IMO, then again I dont have that handy dandy flop detector you have.

And refs let it go because of the mugging he takes on the other end. Its almost like they like seeing Blake get roughed up but they try to keep the illusion of consistency.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 03:06 PM
For a guy his size? Show me this flopping to size ratio you have handy that lets you know how much a player can/should flop. For a guy with his play style he flops just right IMO, then again I dont have that handy dandy flop detector you have.

And refs let it go because of the mugging he takes on the other end. Its almost like they like seeing Blake get roughed up but they try to keep the illusion of consistency.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-OUVg7ZTng

Good reason to flop. Get punished for being too strong so refs don't call jackshit. I can't tell you how many times Griffin finishes And 1's with TONS of contact from multiple defenders and it's a no call like this play. If it was a wing player like Kobe/Durant it would be free throws every single time. It's an unfair double standard.

Dwight Howard attempts freaking 13 free throws a game despite going after refs all the time and not exactly being respectable among them. Blake Griffin? 7! Yes only 7. Despite being the most mugged and hacked player in the game right next to Howard.

Chronz
04-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Blake going after the refs is the biggest mistake of his career, not that I think it will ultimately decide his fate but it certainly wont help him.

Dwight wasnt always like that, he put in the years and patience to have that freedom with the refs and he honestly is still less of a diva to the refs than Blake. But Blake takes the most punishment in the league, I hope officials recognize that.

JoeDirt05
04-18-2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev1M1AYQR3s

this is why people hate Blake Griffin

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Blake going after the refs is the biggest mistake of his career, not that I think it will ultimately decide his fate but it certainly wont help him.

Dwight wasnt always like that, he put in the years and patience to have that freedom with the refs and he honestly is still less of a diva to the refs than Blake. But Blake takes the most punishment in the league, I hope officials recognize that.

Blake has no doubt made life harder on himself by not just "paying his dues" with refs. That being said.... the refs should still call the game properly.

Clippersfan86
04-18-2012, 03:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev1M1AYQR3s

this is why people hate Blake Griffin

I can't tell you how regularly I see Kobe, Wade, Lebron etc.... yell for a foul call when they didn't get fouled and get it. Again... people want to point out Griffin doing it and disregard the fact that so many others, including the most beloved players do things like this. Not saying I like it.... but if you're going to put Griffin front and center and use that as an exhibit for why people hate Griffin... why don't they hate Kobe for the same reasons? Why aren't Gasol, Dirk and Scola (all of which flop more than Griffin at the position) under fire for their flopping? I have tons of footage of them flopping.

Cracka2HI!
04-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Since the Clipper forum here is DEAD...why don't the mods move this guys threads to the Clipper forum? This seems like team specific thread and I don't think the OP has ever posted in the Clipper forum, even when there was one. I wouldn't mind talking about this topic, but could live without all the general hate you and team will get for posting a thread like this in the NBA forum. Good topic for Clipper fans tho!

sep11ie
04-18-2012, 04:57 PM
I was under the assumption there was a Clippers forum...

5ass
04-18-2012, 05:04 PM
I can't tell you how regularly I see Kobe, Wade, Lebron etc.... yell for a foul call when they didn't get fouled and get it. Again... people want to point out Griffin doing it and disregard the fact that so many others, including the most beloved players do things like this. Not saying I like it.... but if you're going to put Griffin front and center and use that as an exhibit for why people hate Griffin... why don't they hate Kobe for the same reasons? Why aren't Gasol, Dirk and Scola (all of which flop more than Griffin at the position) under fire for their flopping? I have tons of footage of them flopping.

every great team had a good flopper. Last championship teams?
Dallas-Dirk
Lakers-Fisher+Gasol
Spurs-Ginobili
Boston-pierce

Chronz
04-18-2012, 06:03 PM

Thats because you dont pay attention to my sig

raiderposting
04-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Seems like the clippers are the most important thing in this kids life. Can't wait until the Grizz "manhandle" them.

alew510
04-18-2012, 07:33 PM

One simple reason...Kobe Wade Lebron are all SUPERSTARS and have earned the right to call for and get fouls called for them. Blake is far from this status...maybe once he can knock down anything farther than 2 feet from the rim this might change.

And regards to flopping none of the guys u mention stare down every player after they dunk the ball like blake does...Blake tries to act like the toughest player out there and then goes and flops numerous times every game

I hope this answers your questions sufficiently anymore questions you have about why the Clippers suck and won't win a championship anytime soon I will be glad to answer

JoeDirt05
04-18-2012, 07:39 PM
One simple reason...Kobe Wade Lebron are all SUPERSTARS and have earned the right to call for and get fouls called for them. Blake is far from this status...maybe once he can knock down anything farther than 2 feet from the rim this might change.

And regards to flopping none of the guys u mention stare down every player after they dunk the ball like blake does...Blake tries to act like the toughest player out there and then goes and flops numerous times every game

I hope this answers your questions sufficiently anymore questions you have about why the Clippers suck and won't win a championship anytime soon I will be glad to answer

way to sum it up lol

Blitzbolt
04-18-2012, 08:04 PM
As a grizz fan I'm not worry about the Clipps D or offense.Crying and FLOPS is the clipps number 1 weapon.

If the ref call it even we should beat them in 5 or 6.

kylem4711
04-18-2012, 10:47 PM

i will never for the life of m understand how laker fans complain about blake flopping. you have pau gasol!! cheap shots? not even close.

kobes favorite move is hitting people in the chest and face with his elbow.

kylem4711
04-18-2012, 10:49 PM
As a grizz fan I'm not worry about the Clipps D or offense.Crying and FLOPS is the clipps number 1 weapon.

If the ref call it even we should beat them in 5 or 6.

you should be worried, we beat you 2 out of 3

kylem4711
04-18-2012, 10:50 PM

there was one until the mods decided to be dummies.

Blitzbolt
04-18-2012, 10:56 PM
you should be worried, we beat you 2 out of 3

Yea both in LA one with no ZBO and the other one was Zbo's(and Arenas off the bench) first game back as the starter and the chemistry was off.

Im tired of the spurs and Clips fans putting so much stock on wins that happen months ago.IS NOT HOW YOU START IS HOW YOU FINISH especially if one team is missing key players.For example last game the Grizz won but Mo Willians and Tony Allen did not play.

kylem4711
04-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Yea both in LA one with no ZBO and the other one was Zbo's(and Arenas off the bench) first game back as the starter and the chemistry was off.

Im tired of the spurs and Clips fans putting so much stock on wins that happen months ago.IS NOT HOW YOU START IS HOW YOU FINISH especially if one team is missing key players.For example last game the Grizz won but Mo Willians and Tony Allen did not play.

whatever makes you feel better. saying you are not worried just makes you look stupid

Blitzbolt
04-18-2012, 11:04 PM
whatever makes you feel better. saying you are not worried just makes you look stupid

I am worry about the FLOPS and CRYING I rather tank and face the Lakers who FLOP and Cry less.

kylem4711
04-18-2012, 11:43 PM
I am worry about the FLOPS and CRYING I rather tank and face the Lakers who FLOP and Cry less.

yeah cause tanking is a realistic option...