PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on going to game!

StickyGreenFan
04-17-2012, 08:20 PM
im a packer fan n im thinkin bout goin to the game this year against u guys. just wondering if anyone has any advice on seats, which ones to avoid, which section gets kinda too far to see, places to go in seattle, places to stay. any advice is appreciated, thanks!

FWBrodie
04-17-2012, 08:36 PM
I've never had a bad seat, but obviously closer the better. Never sat in the Hawks' Nest before, but I hear it gets pretty rowdy.

furmat60
04-17-2012, 09:29 PM
I've never had a bad seat, but obviously closer the better. Never sat in the Hawks' Nest before, but I hear it gets pretty rowdy.

I've sat there twice. It does get pretty rowdy! It's steep, too! Never a dull time, though!

StickyGreenFan
04-18-2012, 01:07 AM
I've sat there twice. It does get pretty rowdy! It's steep, too! Never a dull time, though!

not sure if bein a green bay fan sittin in that section is a good idea Lol any lead on somewhere to get tickets besides stubhub?? theyre kinda expensive on there? and what r some good hotels and night life to look into??

FWBrodie
04-18-2012, 03:28 AM
This isn't San Francisco or Oakland where the fans are ignorant thugs. The Seahawk fan is passionate, yet intelligent and civilized.

ztilzer31
04-18-2012, 04:51 AM
This isn't San Francisco or Oakland where the fans are ignorant thugs. The Seahawk fan is passionate, yet intelligent and civilized.

Is that why tailgating was banned for a season like 3 years ago for taunting other teams fans? Drunken idiots are drunken idiots no matter where you go. Seattle is no different.

Places to stop by while you're in town include Pike Place Market, the EMP, and the space needle. The Pyramid is a great bar to hit up before and after the game. It get's super crowded. Music scene out here is interesting to see too. A lot of shows all the time.

You'll enjoy yourself. Seahawks stadium feels like a roman coliseum stepping into it. The roar from the fan is truly breathtaking. No city creates that environment through an entire game like Seattle does.

ztilzer31
04-18-2012, 04:54 AM
Oh, and in Seattle you don't really have to worry about transportation. There are plenty of buses, and what not to get you around the city, and downtown is relatively small. You can rent a car, but the traffic is horrid, and the roads are frustrating to drive on, if you aren't accustomed.

StickyGreenFan
04-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Oh, and in Seattle you don't really have to worry about transportation. There are plenty of buses, and what not to get you around the city, and downtown is relatively small. You can rent a car, but the traffic is horrid, and the roads are frustrating to drive on, if you aren't accustomed.

im from la, we invented horrible traffic :p

Thebudler
04-18-2012, 11:51 AM
I have season tickets in section 317 and I love them (especially the price, $50 a ticket) but one game last year a friend gave us tickets 15 rows up from the field and it was extremely loud. The noise funnels down and the closer to the field you are the louder it is obviously. That being said no one stood up on defense down there and when I did, I got some weird looks. It didn't bother me but the next game I was happy to get up to my section. Clink is an amazing place to watch a game.

neovenator250
04-18-2012, 12:31 PM
no such thing as bad seats in the NFL stadium I've been to. Bad fans, yes, but I've never had a bad fan experience in Seattle.

kyuss275
04-18-2012, 12:46 PM
StickyGreenFan:

I live in Victoria BC and go down for about 3 games a year. I sit in different seats every time. I have noticed that in section 104 and 105 there seems to be a lot of visiting teams fans sitting there. Its on the visitors bench side so it makes sense.

As for buying tickets i have found that e-bay seems to be the best bet. Stub-hub and other sites add surcharges that are not cheap. On e-bay take your time and you will get the seat you want at the price you want. You can-e-mail them and talk them down. Make no mistake the game you are going to will be the most expensive game of the season.

The other way to get tickets is "outside the stadium". I have done this a lot in the last 2 years and the prices are pretty close to ticket price. That said a Monday night, Green Bay game might be hard to find those tickets "outside of stadium". Plus if you don't find them your trip will be for nothing, other than the beautiful city of Seattle.

Almost forgot, there are no bad seats at CenturyLink. I advise to pay the extra $50 and get down low. The experience is well worth it. It's louder and the fans stand for most of the game. If you are tight for money, skimp out on Hotel costs and put it towards better seats. Cheap places to stay are near the space needle. Your still walking distance to Pike place, Space needle,Paul Allens music hall ( can't remember the name) and other things. The 5 spot restraunt has the best juke box in the world if you like alternative music ( grunge, metal , Punk rock) . They have big portions of food and stiff stiff drinks. Most hotels in that area have a shuttle service to the game for $10 a person. They drop you off right at the stadium and pick you up right at the stadium.

FWBrodie
04-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Is that why tailgating was banned for a season like 3 years ago for taunting other teams fans? Drunken idiots are drunken idiots no matter where you go. Seattle is no different.

It's like you go out of your way to say stupid things. Tailgating was never banned for a season. One privately-owned parking lot banned public consumption of alcohol for half a season because people were getting too drunk. Drunken idiots in Seattle yell and boo. Drunken idiots in Oakland and San Francisco are responsible for stabbings, beatings, and huge fights in the stands. Seattle is not the same as those places, not even close. A Seahawk fan was stabbed outside the 49ers stadium for wearing a Hawks jersey two years ago. That would never happen here.

ztilzer31
04-18-2012, 03:38 PM
It's like you go out of your way to say stupid things. Tailgating was never banned for a season. One privately-owned parking lot banned public consumption of alcohol for half a season because people were getting too drunk. Drunken idiots in Seattle yell and boo. Drunken idiots in Oakland and San Francisco are responsible for stabbings, beatings, and huge fights in the stands. Seattle is not the same as those places, not even close. A Seahawk fan was stabbed outside the 49ers stadium for wearing a Hawks jersey two years ago. That would never happen here.

Pretty sure that was a Green Bay game not a 49ers game. The reason they stopped the privately owned parking, because of taunting other fans and being stupid. Either way it wouldn't be a good idea for a visiting team fan to go into the nest. Either way your idea was stupid. Not as bad as trading for Sanchez but dumb nonetheless.

ztilzer31
04-18-2012, 03:48 PM
It was just as dumb as you thinking Peyton would retire or stay a Colt, and there were no other option. It's as dumb as you thinking that Matt Flynn won't start. It's as dumb as... well you, I guess.

drew_ellis_23
04-18-2012, 08:40 PM
I usually stay at the Silver Cloud right across from Safeco when I go to Mariner/ Seahawks games. Hope you like to eat. You can't pick a bad restaurant when in downtown Seattle. Have fun. I am heading up for the Patriots game. I am really debating getting Season tickets, but **** man that is a 3 hour drive, and a **** load of money. Our home schedule is nasty this year though. A lot of good games.

furmat60
04-18-2012, 10:24 PM
I usually stay at the Silver Cloud right across from Safeco when I go to Mariner/ Seahawks games. Hope you like to eat. You can't pick a bad restaurant when in downtown Seattle. Have fun. I am heading up for the Patriots game. I am really debating getting Season tickets, but **** man that is a 3 hour drive, and a **** load of money. Our home schedule is nasty this year though. A lot of good games.

You're 3 hours away....I live in Utah! If you have the chance to get Season tickets, pounce on it if you can afford it! I'm jealous!

StickyGreenFan
04-20-2012, 03:09 AM
good advice, imma look into silver cloud and check out the other places u guys told me about. appreciate it! and does the stadium sell tickets or theyre pretty much all sold out and accounted for already?

StickyGreenFan
04-20-2012, 03:12 AM
oh yea and i might look into the 200 seats vs the 300, ive sat in close up seats and it actually seems like u see more of the game a lil further back.

edit: for some reason the 200 tickets are waaay more expensive then the rest Lol

FWBrodie
04-20-2012, 04:58 PM
good advice, imma look into silver cloud and check out the other places u guys told me about. appreciate it! and does the stadium sell tickets or theyre pretty much all sold out and accounted for already?

It'll be sold out, yeah. Not too difficult to find tickets though.

The Silvercloud sits right between Safeco and the Clink. You're best bet for bar/food will probably be the Pyramid. Get the Calamari.

...and the 300 level isn't too bad.

Caribou Lou
04-22-2012, 01:12 PM
oh yea and i might look into the 200 seats vs the 300, ive sat in close up seats and it actually seems like u see more of the game a lil further back.

edit: for some reason the 200 tickets are waaay more expensive then the rest Lol

Look for some tickets in the high 100 level. You still get a great view of the field and the tickets are cheap compared to the 200 level just a few rows behind you.