PDA

View Full Version : Report: Dwight Howard no longer wants to play for SVG; likely will sit out Playoffs

Fresno
04-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Local 6 Sports Director David Pingalore has learned through NBA and Orlando Magic sources that Dwight Howard does not want to play for head coach Stan Van Gundy any longer.

According to his sources, Howard is still upset with Van Gundy confirming Pingalore's report from earlier this month that Howard went to Magic management asking for Van Gundy to be fired.

After visiting Los Angeles, Pingalore's sources confirmed that Howard was adamant about joining the team in Cleveland but the Magic asked him to return to Orlando.

Howard would eventually travel to Cleveland. However, Howard sat in the hotel for the game Sunday evening and rejoined the team as they traveled back to Orlando.

"It was strange since that Howard wanted to go to Cleveland and offer support but never made it to the game," said one of Pingalore's sources.

Howard would also likely sit out the postseason, according to the source.

http://www.clickorlando.com/sports/Source-Dwight-Howard-no-longer-wants-to-play-for-Stan-Van-Gundy/-/1636890/10939300/-/aji08o/-/index.html

Im not sure if its the back injury or the fact that Dwight Howard is still recovering from the major PR disaster in SVG acknowledging that he wants him to be fired.

The guy has gone to such ends to protect his image its almost ridiculous. I hope he realizes that there isn't much of anything he can do to make people forget about him undermining one of the better coaches in the NBA because he can't stand criticism.

If he actually sits out the Playoffs in protest of SVG while citing his back injury as the "real" reason, it will destroy any reputation he has. That would be worse than LeBron quitting on Cleveland in the ECF with his "elbow injury".

Cal827
04-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me?! I wish Ownership had the balls to suspend him indefinitely next year since he opted in... Talking about quitting on his team... I remember when Vince did it here and some people haven't gotten over it.

I don't know how someone could see him as better than Lebron now. At least Lebron did everything he could to get Cleveland as far as possible.

BluejaysFan08
04-17-2012, 05:41 PM
This is insane, if it happens.
I was a fan of Dwight, but I really hate when athletes do stuff like this.

Avenged
04-17-2012, 05:42 PM
I don't believe it.

Lakers + Giants
Way worse than drew.

tp13baby
True teammates wouldn't do this. I had little respect for him but wow, Dwight go **** yourself.

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 05:43 PM
:laugh:

what a punk *** *****

ManRam
04-17-2012, 05:44 PM
This popped up yesterday.

The source: meh. Ping likes to stir things up and takes gambles to be the first guy to break things. He hits on some, misses on others.

If he wants to quit on his team and coach again...well, I'll send another **** YOU right your way.

However, I don't think I believe this.

beasted86
I don't believe it.

Me neither.

Ezio
Who gets them in the playoffs?

macc
04-17-2012, 05:45 PM
I don't believe it either. Granted Dwight has handled this entire situation badly, I just don't see him quitting on his team just because he doesn't like his coach. I believe he has more pride then that. I hope he has more pride then that.

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 05:45 PM

INdy,

magic fans deserve better

nycsports2
04-17-2012, 05:46 PM
I don't believe it.

me either

Cal827
Way worse than drew.

Nothing wrong with being a troll :D

netsgiantsyanks
i guess orlando has 2 big babies. and me, as a nets fan, could face the possibility of dealing with him.

on the court: game changer
off the court: :pity:

Fresno
04-17-2012, 05:47 PM
This popped up yesterday.

The source: meh. Ping likes to stir things up and takes gambles to be the first guy to break things. He hits on some, misses on others.

If he wants to quit on his team and coach again...well, I'll send another **** YOU right your way.

However, I don't think I believe this.

As a Magic fan, what do you think will keep Dwight in Orlando?

Do you they really need to fire SVG, Otis, etc and give him "power" to be involved in front office moves.

My entire perception of him has changed big time since then.

justinnum1
Howard making bynum look like KD lol

Giraffes Rule

A team going to the second round.

ManRam
04-17-2012, 05:50 PM
As a Magic fan, what do you think will keep Dwight in Orlando?

Do you they really need to fire SVG, Otis, etc and give him "power" to be involved in front office moves.

My entire perception of him has changed big time since then.

As a Magic fan...especially one of the few that has never been head over heels in love with Dwight for whatever reason (ask around)...I don't care any more.

If he stays, cool. If he leaves, cool.

I don't care. I'm sick of trying to baby him and pamper him and spoil the **** out of him. He doesn't get things. While we haven't brought in another star, nor is this current cast amazing, we've put some DAMN good teams around him in the past. It's just hard to sustain that success for more than 5 years...and that's what's happening now. It's not an easy situation, and all he wants is the easy way out.

ghettosean
04-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me?! I wish Ownership had the balls to suspend him indefinitely next year since he opted in... Talking about quitting on his team... I remember when Vince did it here and some people haven't gotten over it.

I don't know how someone could see him as better than Lebron now. At least Lebron did everything he could to get Cleveland as far as possible.

I'm just starting to get over it but I think Vince was worse than Dwight right now but D12 is climbing up to take Vince's thrown as the NBA's biggest douche bag!

PacersForLife
04-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Bad for Magic fans, good for Pacer fans if it is true.

Super.
04-17-2012, 06:07 PM
tehfuk?

ManRam
04-17-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm just starting to get over it but I think Vince was worse than Dwight right now but D12 is climbing up to take Vince's thrown as the NBA's biggest douche bag!

Dwight hasn't quit on his team...yet...and I agree that's the last step. I don't know if it's because of the increased media/social networking or what, but I feel like all of Dwight's comments, demands, ultimatums, flip flopping and especially throwing his teammates and coach (the coach then reciprocated it) under the bus was a first for me. I don't remember that all with Vince...but I'll admit that I wasn't following it nearly as closely.

Still, I'm giving DH the benefit of the doubt here. He hasn't quit on the team, and I'm not going to think he is going to until it happens. He's still been out there every game up until this injury giving his all.

There are some people who think the Magic should shut him down anyways...so even if he doesn't play, it might not be because he's a baby and decided his coach hurt his feelings too much...

5ass
04-17-2012, 06:17 PM

xxplayerxx23
04-17-2012, 06:19 PM
no way this is true man,

Abdul Mutalib
04-17-2012, 06:20 PM
**if this is true man, this is turning really ugly. d12 looks like he's backtracking in order to protect his image but i think this may be the tipping point and definitely has greater disaster potential than lbj's decision. he would have been better off to have just accepted to alleged lakers deal or any trade for that matter.

FraziersKnicks
04-17-2012, 06:24 PM
What a *****

xxplayerxx23
04-17-2012, 06:24 PM
If it is i lost ll respect for him, and wish him a healthy rest of his career but for him to never win a champinship

LakersA's49ers
04-17-2012, 06:25 PM
sit out the playoffs? he has got to be bluffing

mgsports
04-17-2012, 06:29 PM
I would Trade him for Odom right know but no Trades allowed intill Offseason.

ManRam
04-17-2012, 06:32 PM
**if this is true man, this is turning really ugly. d12 looks like he's backtracking in order to protect his image but i think this may be the tipping point and definitely has greater disaster potential than lbj's decision. he would have been better off to have just accepted to alleged lakers deal or any trade for that matter.

If this is true (and again, I don't buy it)...it poops all over "The Decision". LeBron went on TV to say where he'd play. That's egotistical and attention-desperate. At least he made a few million for charity. That was his only flaw. He also told his fans that they would win a lot of rings. That rubbed people the wrong way too.

But Dwight has thrown players under the bus, thrown coaches under the bus, thrown management under the bus, tried to play GM, tried to get people fired, and the last straw would be sitting out because Stan Van Gundy had enough of it. He's impacted the on-the-court play of his team in a negative way through all of this, something LeBron NEVER did. LeBron at least honored his contract, kept his mouth shut, and just played basketball. Stan's shown a professional relationship is possible between him and Dwight when Dwight was the run screwing him over, and if Dwight can't show that same level of professionalism when Stan "screwed him over", well, that's just pure ******** and he officially has made LeBron look like a saint.

Jenceman
04-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Wow, really hoping this isn't true, but with how Dwight has been, It wouldn't be THAT surprising.

PleaseBeNice
04-17-2012, 06:35 PM
If true, what an absolute disgraceful, immature, and terrible teammate. He does not deserve the money he makes whatsoever.

ManRam
04-17-2012, 06:36 PM
I hope this rumor isn't 100% pure BS because if he's really actually hurt and can't play, this might hurt his image more than it's already hurt for no reason. If he doesn't play (and if ESPN picks up on this or something...it's been 24ish hours since Ping came out with this so I doubt it) then a lot of people are going to get on him.

There have been talks around Orlando about whether they should "protect their investment" and sit him regardless. I don't necessarily agree because I'm not so certain this "investment" is going to be around for too much longer, but health always comes first...

ghettosean
04-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Dwight hasn't quit on his team...yet...and I agree that's the last step. I don't know if it's because of the increased media/social networking or what, but I feel like all of Dwight's comments, demands, ultimatums, flip flopping and especially throwing his teammates and coach (the coach then reciprocated it) under the bus was a first for me. I don't remember that all with Vince...but I'll admit that I wasn't following it nearly as closely.

Still, I'm giving DH the benefit of the doubt here. He hasn't quit on the team, and I'm not going to think he is going to until it happens. He's still been out there every game up until this injury giving his all.

There are some people who think the Magic should shut him down anyways...so even if he doesn't play, it might not be because he's a baby and decided his coach hurt his feelings too much...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcTHP2K1ZWY

Best I can do for you on short notice ;) If D12 quits on the team I'll consider it a tie... Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe. He's still got to climb the ladder to reach VC status of douchiness.

bljay29
04-17-2012, 06:38 PM
why do star players in the NBA seem to think they should get to coach, and be the GM.. Vince quit on the Raps because they didn't hire the GM he thought they should (in hindsight he was right) but NBA players are or have become diva's

last stand
04-17-2012, 06:38 PM
if true it ruins his legacy forever and prevents him from ever being in the echelon of any of the great centers because quitting is unforgivable.

if false well then its false and useless

ManningToTyree
04-17-2012, 06:42 PM
If true, wow what an *******

ManningToTyree
04-17-2012, 06:44 PM
If true, what an absolute disgraceful, immature, and terrible teammate. He does not deserve the money he makes whatsoever.

what does the sig mean?

ManRam
04-17-2012, 06:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcTHP2K1ZWY

Best I can do for you on short notice ;) If D12 quits on the team I'll consider it a tie... Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe. He's still got to climb the ladder to reach VC status of douchiness.

Dunking is overrated!

#7 isn't too bad. Getting hurt too, meh? Slapping Mo was bad...but that's post-Toronto era. Missing buzzer beaters? The Bosh thing is stupid...I mean, Bosh didn't deserve the MVP ;) And again, post-Toronto era.

Demanding a trade = Dwight-like.

Dwight is also in a MUCH better situation than even Vince was...he made Finals with this team, has always had one great coach. Complaining is complaining, but Dwight's been on a top 5 winningest team for over half a decade now...

Admitting he didn't give 100% is bad though...if Dwight bails on his team, he takes the cake for me. Vince never threw his teammates, coach, front office under the bus when he was on the team. He never tried to get people fired (from what we know). He never wanted to play GM.

I hate trying to make Dwight sound worse :laugh2: But I just think it has been pretty close, and if the bailing on the team thing is true, it's a slam dunk. He's been more disruptive to this team I believe than Vince was to his in their last season's there.

D12 fan
04-17-2012, 06:53 PM
This is a fake story,this guy is known in Orlando for trying to create drama,he said last year that Dwight signed a 5yr ext. with the Magic.

ManRam
04-17-2012, 06:55 PM
This is a fake story,this guy is known in Orlando for trying to create drama,he said last year that Dwight signed a 5yr ext. with the Magic.

He also reported a while back that Dwight had asked for SVG to be fired...

So...

UPRock
04-17-2012, 06:59 PM
**** you Dwight, now you're the 2nd best Center in the league, because I said so!!

gotoHcarolina52
04-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Pathetic on Dwight's part if true. Pathetic on the report's part if not.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Another anonymous source... :facepalm:

ManRam
04-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Another anonymous source... :facepalm:

It's not an anonymous source...it's just a questionable one...

David Pingalore: right sometimes, wrong sometimes...always trying to break the story first either way.

Oh...I guess you're saying his "sources" are anonymous. Well, that's usually how it always works. Journalists have sources, and those sources want to remain confidential. It's not whether the sources are real, it's whether the reporter is making it up or not...

Sssmush
04-17-2012, 07:04 PM
It's Orlando's own fault.

They played sooooooo many headgames with Dwight, for an entire year, then they put extreme pressure on him and managed to trick him into signing for another year when they knew he didn't want to be there, and that what was best for him was to test free agency.

Now he's waking up and, oh yeah, he's trying to tell you AGAIN, Orlando, in case you're not listening, that he doesn't want to be there and he wants to be traded or allowed to sign elsewhere.

Keep squeezing and desperately holding onto him if you like, but at this point you're making the whole franchise look like a complete joke, and Dwight is really making himself look like everything that's "wrong" with the modern star athlete (although I don't buy into that theme, actually).

Anyways... how are people still mentioning Lebron in all of this? Lebron never did anything wrong, and was upfront, honest and courteous in pursuing his own interests. He also brought Cleveland more basketball success than they had ever seen in the 8 solid years he played for them.

Iron24th
04-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Good news for Indiana.
They're now a lock to the 2nd round.

ManRam
04-17-2012, 07:10 PM
It's Orlando's own fault.

They played sooooooo many headgames with Dwight, for an entire year, then they put extreme pressure on him and managed to trick him into signing for another year when they knew he didn't want to be there, and that what was best for him was to test free agency.

Now he's waking up and, oh yeah, he's trying to tell you AGAIN, Orlando, in case you're not listening, that he doesn't want to be there and he wants to be traded or allowed to sign elsewhere.

Keep squeezing and desperately holding onto him if you like, but at this point you're making the whole franchise look like a complete joke, and Dwight is really making himself look like everything that's "wrong" with the modern star athlete (although I don't buy into that theme, actually).

Anyways... how are people still mentioning Lebron in all of this? Lebron never did anything wrong, and was upfront, honest and courteous in pursuing his own interests. He also brought Cleveland more basketball success than they had ever seen in the 8 solid years he played for them.

Agree with the bold, don't necessarily agree with the rest. Dwight is pulling all the strings here. If he wanted to leave, he could have left. Blaming the team for trying to keep them, when it's in their best interest, is just stupid...and certainly doesn't make it OK for Dwight to handle just about every circumstance he could handle incorrectly. He's handled this all so terribly and as unprofessionally as any athlete I think we've seen. I don't think the team is completely blame free, but I certainly don't blame them how you are blaming them. Blame them for not magically pulling a super star out of thin air and placing him on this team with Dwight...but blaming them for trying to keep their franchise player? Nah...I can't do that.

D2theJ
04-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Hes an idiot. I already lost respect for him after he resigned but after that little interview mess he had with SVG that was it.. how can you sit there and deny that you didn't ask for him to be fired when he just said it.. complete moron.

xk4
04-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Dwight is pulling all the strings here. If he wanted to leave, he could have left.

They basically told him to resign, or be traded to the Lakers. He didn't want to be traded to the Lakers. He didn't want to resign.

He handled the PR poorly. SVG handled the PR poorly. The whole organization is to blame, not just Dwight

ghettosean
04-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Dunking is overrated!

#7 isn't too bad. Getting hurt too, meh? Slapping Mo was bad...but that's post-Toronto era. Missing buzzer beaters? The Bosh thing is stupid...I mean, Bosh didn't deserve the MVP ;) And again, post-Toronto era.

Demanding a trade = Dwight-like.

Dwight is also in a MUCH better situation than even Vince was...he made Finals with this team, has always had one great coach. Complaining is complaining, but Dwight's been on a top 5 winningest team for over half a decade now...

Admitting he didn't give 100% is bad though...if Dwight bails on his team, he takes the cake for me. Vince never threw his teammates, coach, front office under the bus when he was on the team. He never tried to get people fired (from what we know). He never wanted to play GM.

I hate trying to make Dwight sound worse :laugh2: But I just think it has been pretty close, and if the bailing on the team thing is true, it's a slam dunk. He's been more disruptive to this team I believe than Vince was to his in their last season's there.
Dude he did request a trade and he only played 2 years on his 6 year extension... The no dunking was in the middle of his trade demands that was the sprinkles and whip cream he put on top of his diss to us. This is how trashy he was at least Dwight kept a positive attitude and played... D12 got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and tried to get a deal done privately (Van Gundy or trade) VC just came out and said he wanted to be traded stopped dunking for no reason and in the end says he never tried hard the last few years when he was here.

I still give the crown to VC on this one I think D12 has some climbing to do even if he quits now... There close though either way.

smith&wesson
04-17-2012, 07:38 PM
trade his *** already.

netsgiantsyanks
04-17-2012, 07:45 PM
this could work against him, because if he legit can't play, people will still give him **** about the situation.

The Final Boss
04-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Only know know who's pull stunts like this. Stuntin' like their daddy and his daddy before him.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-17-2012, 07:49 PM
It's not an anonymous source...it's just a questionable one...

David Pingalore: right sometimes, wrong sometimes...always trying to break the story first either way.

Oh...I guess you're saying his "sources" are anonymous. Well, that's usually how it always works. Journalists have sources, and those sources want to remain confidential. It's not whether the sources are real, it's whether the reporter is making it up or not...

Yeah, But... seriously tho... You really think Dwight is gonna sit out the entire post-season? An entire season thrown out the window? I don't think so.

J4KOP99
04-17-2012, 07:55 PM
This can't possibly be true. If it is, the league should blacklist him... never let him back in again. The definition of a quitter if true.

I will hold back judgement until we get this confirmed though.

meloman1592
04-17-2012, 08:05 PM
i dont believe it

Bruno
04-17-2012, 08:10 PM
man, I never thought I could dislike a contemporary players attitude any more than LBJs, but Howard has become my least favorite player in the NBA. This whole orlando fiasco is such a monotonous bore.

BKLYNpigeon
04-17-2012, 08:11 PM
dont believe everything you read on the internet.

DoubleDragon
04-17-2012, 08:13 PM
IMO, the truth lies somewhere in between. I believe the back injury is valid, but it's the severity andDwight's will I question, only because it is very possible some posturing is going on here, along with the fact that his teammates outright supported SVG via social media outlets (including most of the starters) and that probably makes him feel less spirited about performing with them at a high level.

That said, I think the excitement of the play-offs will entice him back into the fold unless he opts for a minor surgery to fix the herniated disk (I have two), in which case he gets a free pass in the public eye.

But really, who knows what's really going on. What a tricky situation that team and its fans are in. Uncomfortable any way you slice it. Hopefully D12 ends up able (or willing) to play because without his presence, Orlando's screwed (as well as their fans) which is unfair, and it's just bad for the league and skews the Eastern race.

Bummer regardless.

TrueFan420
04-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Can't believe it there no way that he'd sit out the playoffs

boolish
04-17-2012, 08:15 PM
I believe everything I read.

BKLYNpigeon
04-17-2012, 08:17 PM
unless its from a Legit source, I dont believe it. most people print bogus stuff so they cane make a name for themselves. Then again I really dont care about D-Howard, or surprised by what athletes do anymore.

*Superman*
04-17-2012, 08:17 PM
********. Get a real source. Ping is just upset Dwight dissed him as a legit source

KobeOwnSU
04-17-2012, 08:27 PM
I cant believe i got an infraction for saying the title of people who are extremely stengy with their money...Oh and by the way MOD, Jewish is not a race, its a religion. This cannot be racism. I would like you to change the reason for my infraction. Bigotry would be ok in this situation but not racism.

MagicBucsSox
04-17-2012, 08:31 PM
********. Get a real source. Ping is just upset Dwight dissed him as a legit source

Only non Orlando fans believe anything ping says. Don't feed into these psd idiots

ichitownclowni
04-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Thug punk *** *****

MagicHero3
04-17-2012, 08:42 PM
I believe everything I read.

lol

smith&wesson
04-17-2012, 08:44 PM
I cant believe i got an infraction for saying the title of people who are extremely stengy with their money...Oh and by the way MOD, Jewish is not a race, its a religion. This cannot be racism. I would like you to change the reason for my infraction. Bigotry would be ok in this situation but not racism.

WOW. Im not sure why your not completly banned.

MJ-BULLS
04-17-2012, 08:52 PM
If this is true, my respect for him has gotten to a all time low.

KJ21.the.truth
04-17-2012, 09:13 PM
I promise you this is false. Pinglanore is not a source, guy is a new anchor/reporter hes not an insider. Every credible Magic writer knows that Ping is a FRAUD.

IF this were true I would WANT the Magic to release Howard for nothing, basically that would be the most immature cop out of all time. THE PLAYOFFS? Sorry ping not buying.

Baller1
04-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Doubt it's true, but either way Dwight has lost all respect I had for him. I actually used to really like him too.

Burkey3472
04-17-2012, 09:30 PM
God lord Dwight :laugh2:

ManRam
04-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Thug punk *** *****

Thug????

:confused:

Sssmush
04-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Agree with the bold, don't necessarily agree with the rest. Dwight is pulling all the strings here. If he wanted to leave, he could have left. Blaming the team for trying to keep them, when it's in their best interest, is just stupid...and certainly doesn't make it OK for Dwight to handle just about every circumstance he could handle incorrectly. He's handled this all so terribly and as unprofessionally as any athlete I think we've seen. I don't think the team is completely blame free, but I certainly don't blame them how you are blaming them. Blame them for not magically pulling a super star out of thin air and placing him on this team with Dwight...but blaming them for trying to keep their franchise player? Nah...I can't do that.

Dwight's just a young guy, an athlete. And he's caught up in the NBA stardom thing. We can't expect him to have all the answers and never make any mistakes.

It should've been totally obvious, OBVIOUS, after one full year of going around and around on this, that Dwight wanted to test free agency. The team should've been aware of this, that Dwight didn't want to be (what he considered) stuck in Orlando anymore.

The team obviously knew this, knew he didn't want to be there, and knew it was a volatile situation, because they were freaking out that they'd lose Dwight for nothing.

So, instead of just trading him or letting him test free agency, they call in every favor and put huge pressure on him, with "The Phone Call" or whatever, every orphan in the city on the line crying and saying "why Dwight, why?" and so ok you force him to stay.

Basically, all Orlando got from doing ALL these antics, this full year of nonsense, BS, pressure, media lies, leaks, controversies, coaching scandals, etc, will just be whatever they get for Dwight in trade... which must be decreasing every 10 seconds by now.

So, in exchange for AN ENTIRE SEASON of complete and utter bull****, Orlando will get, what, 2 first round draft picks and an above average starting SF from New Jersey or something? Maybe Brooke Lopez and two firsts?

Really? Is this all worth it? Orlando's only chance to keep Dwight Howard was to win him over and make him WANT to be there. Which was a total FAIL. Everything else is just dragging out the inevitable, trashing the reputation of the franchise, the coach, Dwight, everyone.

Now come the playoffs, which will be a gigantic joke, 4 games on national TV of Jeff Van Gundy absolutely ripping Dwight and the Magic a new one during the commentary for every single game.

Then fast forward to the NBA draft. Howard still not traded. Then fast forward to training camp--Howard holds out. Howard demands trade--they still won't trade him. They want more in return. Howard won't sign an extension unless it is New Jersey. Deron signs in San Antonio. Around and around. Howard says he will never play for Van Gundy. Trashes all his teammates. Team issues press release that they are trying to "work things out" with Howard, and have offered him a max max extension with the team. Dwight says he really loves the fans of Orlando, and the team, and is strongly considering signing the extension.

As a not-Orlando fan, I must say I am somewhat enjoying this as it progresses along.

The goods
04-17-2012, 09:54 PM
I think he's gone in the off season these stories are just crazy.

Jarvo
04-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Ehh im sick of this dude already he wont ever win a ring anyway.

lakersfan01
04-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Orlando, don't waste your time calling the Lakers and trying to get Bynum, no way would we trade Bynum for Howard!!!

Gasol or no deal, go get Brook Lopez :laugh2:

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Ehh im sick of this dude already he wont ever win a ring anyway.

eventually he will figure out he cant be a #1option and join a superstar

jrm2054
04-17-2012, 10:32 PM
i dont buy this report but either way they need to move him this summer and save both of them

Kinkotheclown
04-17-2012, 10:35 PM

I totally agree. Keep him of the court for the year and let Van Gundy coach.
If this is true Howard is the king ******* of all sports

JasonJohnHorn
04-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Sounds like a Vince Carter kind of move to me. I don't want to beleive that Howard could do that. He seems like such a hard working player.

Jarvo
04-17-2012, 10:48 PM
eventually he will figure out he cant be a #1option and join a superstar

Even then I don't think he will, His ego is bigger then I thought and all he gonna do is run The Magic to the ground.

AddiX
04-17-2012, 11:13 PM
It's pretty clear all this was planned on dwights part, Orlando needs to do tje smart thing this time and out out some serious trade negotiations or next season is going to get be ugly.

D12 fan
04-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Orlando, don't waste your time calling the Lakers and trying to get Bynum, no way would we trade Bynum for Howard!!!

I don't think Dwight wants LA,if he gets moved in the offseason,I think it's Brooklyn or Chicago.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-17-2012, 11:58 PM
I wonder if Dwight is gonna receive the same reception Lebron did after he left Cleveland. The way Howard handled this is beyond horrendous. He comes off as a punk, a diva, a massive distraction, a *****, a chair, a baby, and an idiot.

gotoHcarolina52
04-18-2012, 02:25 AM
They guy's name is "Pingalore"?! LOL!

Pingalore. :laugh:

That's too good to be true.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071020150641AAPa6wn

OC Knights #11
04-18-2012, 02:35 AM
"another black athlete, another statistic"--Stephen A Smith

Raph12
04-18-2012, 02:54 AM
I don't believe this, I'll wait for Stan to confirm like last time...

Raph12
04-18-2012, 03:00 AM

One things for sure, Dwight wouldn't get outplayed by Grandpa Duncan or go 10-27 or 7-20 or 9-24... You keep him, when we want a hit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQO-0pfo2IY&feature=player_detailpage#t=4s) thrown out on someone, we'll call you

BlinkManJan02
04-18-2012, 03:05 AM
Frickin divas man.

JayW_1023
04-18-2012, 03:11 AM
He is the epitome of what's wrong with the NBA.

TheWhiteMamba
04-18-2012, 03:19 AM
So he pretty much quits on his team when they need him the most. Crazy if this is true. i wish there was a way he wouldnt get paid if he purposely misses games. Im really hoping he gets his wish and takes his talents to NJ so he can ****ing rot.

SACNYY
04-18-2012, 03:31 AM
What a little *****.

UnWantedTheory
04-18-2012, 04:24 AM
bs

Weezy
04-18-2012, 07:56 AM
This is obviously BS cuz he would be suspended for sitting out in playoffs. As for Dwight wanting Stan gone....that's quite obvious........

uprightciti
04-18-2012, 08:58 AM
I hope they fall out of the playoffs and trade that dude to the BK Nets on Draft night!

Mr_Amaziing
04-18-2012, 10:14 AM
I don't believe it

D12 fan
04-18-2012, 10:23 AM
We will have another new Dwight Howard rumor later this week.The guy is out with a injury,yet we keep hearing new rumors on a weekly basis.

Missing56&33
04-18-2012, 10:37 AM
I watched the Magic the other night and I like Daniel Orton. Maybe they got something in this kid? Whether the story is true or not, I'm totally turned off by Howard and the way he handled this FA situation.

TheIlladelph16
04-18-2012, 10:44 AM
I love Dwight Howard as a player, so I tend to turn a blind eye to some of this bs coming out of Orlando, but if this is true its disgusting. Quitting on your team in the midst of a playoff run AFTER signing an opt-in for the next season? smh

What I want to know is who the **** keeps going to the press with this stuff out of the Orlando camp? I absolutely cannot stand when players/coaches/organizations go through the media with crap like this. Its detrimental to the entire organization because the press eats this up over and over again.

Smc1174
04-18-2012, 10:44 AM
If Dwight Howard isn't the biggest ***** in the NBA... I don't know who is. Dude is such a diva.

Audubon
04-18-2012, 11:08 AM
His image is already on a downward spiral. Waaaaaay worse than what Lebron did...unfortunatly people just wanted to hate Lebron more.

Corey
04-18-2012, 11:14 AM
This is such a mess :laugh:

Bornknick73
04-18-2012, 11:40 AM
I love Dwight Howard as a player, so I tend to turn a blind eye to some of this bs coming out of Orlando, but if this is true its disgusting. Quitting on your team in the midst of a playoff run AFTER signing an opt-in for the next season? smh

What I want to know is who the **** keeps going to the press with this stuff out of the Orlando camp? I absolutely cannot stand when players/coaches/organizations go through the media with crap like this. Its detrimental to the entire organization because the press eats this up over and over again.

Its easy...the Orlando press. Orlando isnt a big town. This D12 story must have tripled thier sales. Viewership with anything to do with Howard has sky-rocketed. Orlando had its moment in the sun. They were making tons of money off the opt-out story. Once he signed, the story was over. They probably havent had this much attention since the Diesel roamed thier land. Maybe since the Disney Construction announcement. There was no way they were gonna let it die.

So they continue to use "sources" to put out misinformation in an attempt to keep the spotlight on them. Orlando sportwriters are all positioning for national gigs. If youre a sportswriter do you want the height of your career to be writing for a measly Orlando newspaper? Or on some dumpy Orlando TV station? Or how bout Orlando sports talk radio? WIth their 100k listeners?

Face it, Orlando is a jerkwater town that happens to be the home Of Mickey Mouse. Without Mickey no one would care about the happenings in Orlando. The Orlando press know this and they are gonna ride this D12 story into the ground, and that includes making up all this propaganda so they can accomplish that goal. There are other agendas at play here.

As long as the money is flowing this story and others like it will continue to float. And we, the sheep, will take it in and believe every word of it.

D12 fan
04-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Face it, Orlando is a jerkwater town that happens to be the home Of Mickey Mouse. Without Mickey no one would care about the happenings in Orlando.

You must never been to Orlando,I take a family visit there every year,it's a very nice place to live and raise a family,the weather is great also.Orlando is a top 10 city in the NBA.Name me 10 NBA cities that's better to live in than Orlando?

swirl54
04-18-2012, 12:24 PM
You must never been to Orlando,I take a family visit there every year,it's a very nice place to live and raise a family,the weather is great also.Orlando is a top 10 city in the NBA.Name me 10 NBA cities that's better to live in than Orlando?

LA
Miami
Chicago
Dallas
San Antonio
San Fran
Phoenix
Portland
Sacramento
Boston
Denver
Houston
Atlanta
Toronto
New Orleans

swirl54
04-18-2012, 12:25 PM
DH12 is a fool and I am glad he doesn't want to play for the Bulls. The first time he got yelled at by Thibs he'd cry then quit I hope he goes to NJ and ROTS.

Gibby23
04-18-2012, 12:34 PM
LA
Miami
Chicago
Dallas
San Antonio
San Fran
Phoenix
Portland
Sacramento
Boston
Denver
Houston
Atlanta
Toronto
New Orleans

He said to live in. Orlando isn't a bad place to live.

Bornknick73
04-18-2012, 12:38 PM

As a national point of interest Orlando is non existent. I never questioned the quality of life there. Im sure Salt Lake City is a great place to live but no one really cares now do they? Orlando without this Howard story is just not a news worthy town. They are obscure to the general population of this country. No one cares what goes on there. But as long as this story is going Orlando continues to be in the national spotlight and the Orlando media wants to keep it that way for as long as possible.

This saga is generating millions of dollars to the Orlando area media.

nate2usmc
04-18-2012, 12:38 PM
LA
Miami
Chicago
Dallas
San Antonio
San Fran
Phoenix
Portland
Sacramento
Boston
Denver
Houston
Atlanta
Toronto
New Orleans

Houston and New Orleans should be left off this list.

smiddy012
04-18-2012, 12:41 PM
LA
Miami
Chicago
Dallas
San Antonio
San Fran
Phoenix
Portland
Sacramento
Boston
Denver
Houston
Atlanta
Toronto
New Orleans

Not too sure about Portland, Atlanta, Toronto, & New Orleans. New Orleans is a good sports city but its basically one street of nice stuff, you walk two blocks in the wrong direction and you're in the ghetto, to live nicely you live in the burbs not the actual city. Portland is pretty debatable but I'd much rather live in Orlando than Atlanta. And Toronto is a good place for drugs and prostitutes, so maybe it would be good as a single but as a family man not at all.

BALLER R
04-18-2012, 12:41 PM
If I'm Orlando I trade him this offseason for the best package you can get

nate2usmc
04-18-2012, 12:42 PM
As a national point of interest Orlando is non existent. I never questioned the quality of life there. Im sure Salt Lake City is a great place to live but no one really cares now do they? Orlando without this Howard story is just not a news worthy town. They are obscure to the general population of this country. No one cares what goes on there. But as long as this story is going Orlando continues to be in the national spotlight and the Orlando media wants to keep it that way for as long as possible.

This saga is generating millions of dollars to the Orlando area media.

Pretty sure everyone in the WORLD knows the whereabouts of Orlando. You may say it's because of Disney. Why yes that is a national point of interest.

P.S: Sorry to exaggerate, I'll leave out the newly formed South Sudan!

Luca68
04-18-2012, 01:19 PM
**** dwight, he just completely ruined his image and i lost of a lot of respect for the guy.

rapjuicer06
04-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Dwight is sitting out two weeks because of a hernatied disc. Those are a ***** when you get them, and getting beat on game after game...he wouldn't help Orlando much by playing. So this was the "perfect" time for dumbass Ping to do this story because Dwight's hurt. He went to three different specialist to get different opinions, and the best opinion he got was to rest for a couple weeks to see if the pain goes away. Ping is a fraud who is mad at Dwight for calling him one so he is trying to defame Dwights name even more. Complete BS...

rapjuicer06
04-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Also too, how has Dwight been anything but professional? Has he been running to the media with trade demands? No, he has actually been VERY professional with the media, saying the politically correct things over and over again. There is a rat in Orlando's FO though, or in Dwight's group. Dwight has kept EVERYTHING behind closed doors, for someone inside to open a window and whisper the word out to someone else isn't Dwight's fault. The media asked Dwight, Hey would you like to play here? Usually a big named team with great history...Dwight would be a fool to say no. Has Dwight handled this well? No...and he and Orlando should go seperate ways. Is this all Dwight's fault? Not by a long shot

mjt20mik
04-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Does he have a no trade clause? Cause to be honest, I'd just trade him for the best assets available. I'd be looking to shop him to like GS during the offseason maybe.

5ass
04-18-2012, 01:54 PM
DH12 is a fool and I am glad he doesn't want to play for the Bulls. The first time he got yelled at by Thibs he'd cry then quit I hope he goes to NJ and ROTS.

This guy is still upset dwight didnt want to go the bulls.

NBA_Guru_51
04-18-2012, 03:43 PM
I don't think it has to do so much with Stan Van Gundy that he will miss the postseason. Van Gundy is gone after the season (we all know that) and I think it is a matter of health. Dwight looked shot after that Sixers game where he was bending over gingerly during the interview and now he hasn't played since. I heard he had a set back in his rehab a few days ago (which can't be that good), so I see this as a health issue more than a coaching issue

TeamSeattle
04-18-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm glad this guy didn't come to ny as he's the biggest crybaby/whiner in the past few nba seasons. Here I was thinkin Cousins would take the immature award, but Dwight has that locked up by a long shot.

rapjuicer06
04-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Lol. Melo was going to quit on the Knicks but D'antoni quit. Melo forced his way out of Denver and did it all public. Howard is doing it all behind closed doors but it is being leaked every where. Hypocrite?

5ass
04-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Lol. Melo was going to quit on the Knicks but D'antoni quit. Melo forced his way out of Denver and did it all public. Howard is doing it all behind closed doors but it is being leaked every where. Hypocrite?

watvr, these guys will never understand. the media has painted a bad image of dwight and these idiots are buying into it. At this point they'll believe any one in the media, the dwight hate is just that strong.

Gibby23
04-18-2012, 04:28 PM

Melo had his mind made up and wasn't going back and forth. The team knew where he stood and they ended up getting a good deal. He wasn't telling them I want a trade/I might stay/fire the coach/get this guy/I'll opt in and all the other stuff. Howard needed to make up his mind and should have stuck with it.

Valkyrie
04-18-2012, 04:33 PM
At least Dwight has handled this better than LeDouche.

TylerSL
04-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Sometimes I wonder where these NBA players get off quitting on their teams. I mean where is their honor?

TylerSL
04-18-2012, 04:38 PM
At least Dwight has handled this better than LeDouche.

He didnt, and I dont see how you can actually think that way. Lebron carried out his contract and never complained. Dwight went behind his coaches back to get him fired. Lebron left as FA as he allowed to do. I am sure Dwight will too, and he has the right to do that. But Lebron didnt demand that Cleveland make all the moves he wants to and gets pissed when they do something else (something Dwight has done countless times) and Lebron did not go to the higher ups and ask his coach get fired. Your being a fool.

driz
04-18-2012, 04:48 PM
The NBA doesn't have honor anymore. It's one sad, pathetic case after another. These guys have no sense of playing for a fan base, or a team. It's all their "brand" and me,me,me.

Disgusting.

Valkyrie
04-18-2012, 04:50 PM
He didnt, and I dont see how you can actually think that way. Lebron carried out his contract and never complained. Dwight went behind his coaches back to get him fired. Lebron left as FA as he allowed to do. I am sure Dwight will too, and he has the right to do that. But Lebron didnt demand that Cleveland make all the moves he wants to and gets pissed when they do something else (something Dwight has done countless times) and Lebron did not go to the higher ups and ask his coach get fired. Your being a fool.

I guess you've never heard of green font sarcasm

GSWJunkie
04-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Does he have a no trade clause? Cause to be honest, I'd just trade him for the best assets available. I'd be looking to shop him to like GS during the offseason maybe.

I like this idea! LOL, he would be a better potential impact player than Bogut as it stands right now because he doesn't have a broken foot. I love what our FO has done thus far but I would be an idiot to not be skeptical of the Curry and Bogut situation. And if anything in this report holds true, that just makes DH12 all that more attainable for my team, hehe.

Bornknick73
04-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Pretty sure everyone in the WORLD knows the whereabouts of Orlando. You may say it's because of Disney. Why yes that is a national point of interest.

P.S: Sorry to exaggerate, I'll leave out the newly formed South Sudan!

Youre still not getting it. Maybe youre from the area and feel a need to defend it from what im saying. Maybe you dont want to hear it. Im not surprised. Most military types are trained to not ask questions.

And again you didnt get it. Now youre telling me everyone knows where it is. I never questioned the quality of life, and I never suggested people didnt know where it was. What I was saying is that without any newsworthy stories to report on a national level.....

No one cares about Orlando or what goes on there.

Wall St. doesnt rise or fall with what goes on there. Outside of Disney it has zero entertainment value. There are no major news stories from there like there are from the other major cities in the country. Orlando is least likely to be hit by a nuclear missle because no one cares.

There have been 3 major news stories out of Orlando in the last 20 years.

Drafting Shaq, Shaq ******** on them, and the Howard saga. A new ride at Disney doesnt count as national news.

Right now there is a opportunity for many a writer and sportscaster to try and make a career move using these "source" stories. Im sure alot of back alley deals are being cut between local media members and the larger media outlets such as ESPN to continue to feed this beast. ESPN reporters need material, Orlando area reporters feed them crap so they can have something to keep writing about in the hopes of furthering thier careers.

Stories generate headlines, headlines sell newspapers. Stories generate interest in certain channel viewership, increased viewership generates more advertising dollars.

After all the lies that this country puts out im surprised so many people still cant tell the difference.

I should know, I live in the biggest media propaganda machine to ever exist in this country...NYC. I dont believe any of this Howard nonsense. Because like nonsense it makes NO SENSE.

Alonzo said it best when describing the newspapers:

"Its 90% BS, but its entertaining"

TeamSeattle
04-18-2012, 06:51 PM

In no way did he force his way out of Denver, he simply asked for a trade and his team provided that to him, no other antics were orchestrated. Also him quitting on Dantoni was a joke when he publicly said on twitter & espn that he wanted to play for the knicks. It was much more diplomatic than the circus going on in Orlando.

TylerSL
04-18-2012, 10:50 PM
I guess you've never heard of green font sarcasm

nope, sorry

knicks4life33
04-18-2012, 11:50 PM
could be worse at least he didn't have a hour long special letting the world know what team he is going to ???

SportsAndrew25
04-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Dwight Howard is totally going above and beyond to show how much of a creep he is.

Ebbs
04-19-2012, 04:57 AM
If this is true... Honestly I would love to lock out Dwight for a season

rapjuicer06
04-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Melo had his mind made up and wasn't going back and forth. The team knew where he stood and they ended up getting a good deal. He wasn't telling them I want a trade/I might stay/fire the coach/get this guy/I'll opt in and all the other stuff. Howard needed to make up his mind and should have stuck with it.

How does anyone know if Howard was back and forth though? It was media "sources" saying this and that. Dwight said he wanted to play for New Jersey, and that's where he wanted to be traded to. Melo did that as well. Then all these confidential "sources" spewed out **** here and there. Orlando was going to trade Dwight to the Lakers, Dwight didn't want to go to the Lakers so he signed to opt in. Everything else was media ********. People with their dumbass unnamed sources. Dwight never said publicly that he wanted Stan fired. He said he wanted to be traded. Then the media kept asking him stupid as questions here and there and he would answer he is in Orlando right now, that is his focus. He said he loves Orlando. That has nothing to do with him going back and forth. He likes where he lives. He was asked players he likes by the media and he answered. He's getting blasted for answering questions the media asks, and accusations the media makes up

Stinkyoutsider
04-19-2012, 12:14 PM
I don't believe the report. If there's one thing that Howard prides himself on, it's not quitting on his teammates...

But, this is a disaster! This whole process has been a disaster! It seems that it's a tug of war for power? Howard wants to run things his way and management and SVG wants to run things their way. Messy situation.

Howard better take care of his back though. Probably needs surgery and to sit out a season to get back to 100%. I wonder how Amare will be coming back with his disk issue?

ThuglifeJ
04-19-2012, 12:25 PM

not defending VCs last year in Toronto. BUT. the management in Toronto screwed Vince.
Orlandos management was the opposite and did everything Dwight said. (get big Baby, get new pieces, etc).

Dwights a friggin baby!

Kay-Gee
04-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Dwight needs to fire his publicist. Amazing how he went from one of the "good, fun loving" guys of the NBA to this. He's a joke.

rapjuicer06
04-19-2012, 12:40 PM
not defending VCs last year in Toronto. BUT. the management in Toronto screwed Vince.
Orlandos management was the opposite and did everything Dwight said. (get big Baby, get new pieces, etc).

Dwights a friggin baby!

Dwight didn't want Orlando to trade Courtney Lee, and they did. He wanted them to resign Hedo, and they didn't. He didn't want Orlando to trade Lewis for Arenas and they did. He didn't want Orlando to trade and bring J-Rich and Turk back to Orlando because he felt they could get something better with Gortat/Pietrus but they did it anyways. He didn't want Orlando to cut Arenas and they did (which was one good move they did)...So I'm failing to see where the management did everything Dwight wanted?

todu82
04-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Howard's really hurting his cause here. The guy is ultra talented but no team's going to sign him if he gives up on his team like this.

Bob_at_york
04-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Why because they didn't sign Dr. J to be the GM? If he was the right guy for the GM position then he would have gotten another job by now. They brought in the players VC wanted just like the Magic did for dwight at certain points.

uprightciti
04-19-2012, 01:10 PM
i mean seriously dwight has damaged his reputation across the board

not only has he dropped out of the nba top 10

but i think some teams would be hesitant to trade for him or even sign him

he should have just gone to the nets at the deadline

last year espn ranked him @ #2

personally I think he is more like...#15

1. Lebron
2. Durrant
3. Rose
4. Love
5. DWade
6. Kobe
7. Melo
8. Bynum
9. Rondo
10. CP3
11. DWilliams
12. Griffin
13. Dirk
14. Westbrook
15. Howard the Coward

mrnore77
04-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Just because a report comes out does not make it true. People will believe everything the media says and nowadays journalism is very loose term. All you have to say is " sources say" and you have a story. i don't believe this story

mrnore77
04-19-2012, 01:26 PM
I personally believe that people that want Dwight in other places like say... Brooklyn are dropping these stories to the media. The Magic organization need to come out and stand up for their player or coach or both. But to let all this speculation run rampant only allows phoney stories to have false credibility

uprightciti
04-19-2012, 01:34 PM
I personally believe that people that want Dwight in other places like say... Brooklyn are dropping these stories to the media. The Magic organization need to come out and stand up for their player or coach or both. But to let all this speculation run rampant only allows phoney stories to have false credibility

SO NOW YOU KNOW WHAT IS LIKE TO BE A KNICKS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap ::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

He115ing
04-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Wow this is horrible. Makes Lebron look like a boy scout lol.

beardown4243
04-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Howard's really hurting his cause here. The guy is ultra talented but no team's going to sign him if he gives up on his team like this.

Come on you really don't think no team would sign him? I'm sure every team in the NBA would still sign him if they had the chance.

Matrix3132
04-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Just because a report comes out does not make it true. People will believe everything the media says and nowadays journalism is very loose term. All you have to say is " sources say" and you have a story. i don't believe this story

Dwight has let the story fester. When players deny reports you hear about it within the hour and then they set up interviews to set the story straight but this has been reported for almost a week now and dwight seems quiet on the issue.

I'd love the magic to make some noise without dwight this postseason, who's with me jumping on their bandwagon?

boolish
04-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Dwight didn't want Orlando to trade Courtney Lee, and they did. He wanted them to resign Hedo, and they didn't. He didn't want Orlando to trade Lewis for Arenas and they did. He didn't want Orlando to trade and bring J-Rich and Turk back to Orlando because he felt they could get something better with Gortat/Pietrus but they did it anyways. He didn't want Orlando to cut Arenas and they did (which was one good move they did)...So I'm failing to see where the management did everything Dwight wanted?

howard should be GM as well as player. I am sure he would have a ring now. we all see how super star players build teams. just look at MJ in CHA. perfect example of how a superstar judges talent. ORL is foolish for not letting DH build the team.

PlayDPlease
04-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Sick of D12. Faking injuries. Incredible. Still gets paid.

BKLYNpigeon
04-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Players quit on their team all the time...

Vince Carter in Toronto.

Tracy Mcgrady in Orlando.

Marbury with with every team hes been on.

Punk
04-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Just trade him to Brooklyn when the season ends already. I get Orlando needs to sell tickets but at what point does the organization stand up and say "we'll be better off rebuilding than dealing with your crap" ?

It's just sad how much of a douche he's making himself look and he's a nice guy in general. SVG can be blamed for this as well but Dwight should have made his intentions clear once he waived his ETO.

The Jokemaker
04-19-2012, 03:10 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous. As an organization Orlando needs to move beyond this immature clown and ship him out for whatever they can get because at this point he is more of a hindrance than a help. He has officially quit on his team publicly and doesn't even suit up to play, is acting like a child and refusing to play for a coach even though he has a CONTRACT to play for that team and recently agreed to play for another year. This guy is a cancer and I'm betting would/is destroy a locker room. He clearly thinks he is god's gift to basketball and should everything catered to him which isn't how it works. I doubt he even knows what the word professionalism means because he sure doesn't show it.

As a player, if I see a guy do this, I don't want to play with him. It shows he puts himself above the team, doesn't care about his teammates to put a personal issue aside, and shows serious immaturity issues.

Just shameful.

rapjuicer06
04-19-2012, 03:39 PM
howard should be GM as well as player. I am sure he would have a ring now. we all see how super star players build teams. just look at MJ in CHA. perfect example of how a superstar judges talent. ORL is foolish for not letting DH build the team.

Yup, thats exactly it :rolleyes: Someone said the FO has done everything Dwight has wanted, I simply stated, no they have not. Dwight doesn't know whats best for the franchise. But are you really going to tell me Gortat/Pietrus/Carter 1st round pick for Turk/Richardson/Clark was the best trade available? Two expiring contracts and a starting Center and a first round pick for complete and total ****....You're telling me as a player, that wouldn't completely want to make you puke?

Shmontaine
04-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Players quit on their team all the time...

Vince Carter in Toronto.

Tracy Mcgrady in Orlando.

Marbury with with every team hes been on.

Great examples of winners you just stated..:rolleyes:

d12 is the new king of d-bags in the nba... after all the **** he put his team through this year, now he's just going to let them get embarrassed in the postseason... what an a sshole...

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 04:34 PM
kennedy
Dwight Howard will try to return for the playoffs, according to sources close to the situation. He wants to play, but he's in a lot of pain.

FOBolous
04-19-2012, 04:48 PM
so Dhoward is upset and doesn't want to play because SVG supposedly made him look bad/stained his reputation...so how does faking an injury, refusing to help your team, ripping the fans off, and turning your back on your teammates make things better? i don't understand :confused:

Raph12
04-19-2012, 04:52 PM
kennedy

And that's a guy who talks to Dwight regularly, this whole thing was bs, just Pingalore trying to get hits... If it really was said, everyone would be all over it.

Shmontaine
04-19-2012, 04:55 PM
kennedy

i'm sure he is in a lot of pain...

emotional and egotistical pain...

rapjuicer06
04-19-2012, 09:32 PM
i'm sure he is in a lot of pain...

emotional and egotistical pain...

Probably more pain than the ***** Rose is in right now :shrug:

Punk
04-19-2012, 09:35 PM
ESPN and TNT confirmed, Howard is done for the season and playoffs. Will have back surgery on his back.

Kudos to Dwight for getting the surgery and preparing for his season in Brooklyn which is way more important.

rapjuicer06
04-19-2012, 09:36 PM
http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/tc/herniated-disc-symptoms

That's what is wrong with Howard. No try being a post player and take the beating he takes. People here are just ridiculous

rapjuicer06
04-19-2012, 09:37 PM
ESPN and TNT confirmed, Howard is done for the season and playoffs. Will have back surgery on his back.

Kudos to Dwight for getting the surgery and preparing for his season in Brooklyn which is way more important.

Lol yea...who cares about health? What a sell out...

mrnore77
04-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Stop and think for a second this story is bologna. Ping ( who is as credible a reporter as shaq is a good analyst) probably found out about the surgery early and wrote this story before news of the surgery was released.

Now when the announcement that he is having surgery is released , the damage is done and everyone already sees Howard as a douche and Ping gets credit fro breaking a story that is hogwash.

But again, the Magic organization continues to say nothing. Why would anyone want to play here if mgmt wont stand up for coach or player. Take a stance and stop letting the media kill your star and coach

nate2usmc
04-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Youre still not getting it. Maybe youre from the area and feel a need to defend it from what im saying. Maybe you dont want to hear it. Im not surprised. Most military types are trained to not ask questions.

And again you didnt get it. Now youre telling me everyone knows where it is. I never questioned the quality of life, and I never suggested people didnt know where it was. What I was saying is that without any newsworthy stories to report on a national level.....

Wall St. doesnt rise or fall with what goes on there. Outside of Disney it has zero entertainment value. There are no major news stories from there like there are from the other major cities in the country. Orlando is least likely to be hit by a nuclear missle because no one cares.

Drafting Shaq, Shaq ******** on them, and the Howard saga. A new ride at Disney doesnt count as national news.

Right now there is a opportunity for many a writer and sportscaster to try and make a career move using these "source" stories. Im sure alot of back alley deals are being cut between local media members and the larger media outlets such as ESPN to continue to feed this beast. ESPN reporters need material, Orlando area reporters feed them crap so they can have something to keep writing about in the hopes of furthering thier careers.

Stories generate headlines, headlines sell newspapers. Stories generate interest in certain channel viewership, increased viewership generates more advertising dollars.

After all the lies that this country puts out im surprised so many people still cant tell the difference.

I should know, I live in the biggest media propaganda machine to ever exist in this country...NYC. I dont believe any of this Howard nonsense. Because like nonsense it makes NO SENSE.

I'm from NYC. I live in North Florida now because I go to FSU. Why would I need to defend Orlando? It's because I've been there numerous times and have friends who live there. LMAO at me not asking questions since I'm in the military. Have you been in the military before??? It's obvious you haven't. Just because we follow orders, doesn't mean we check our logic at the door (that would make us women..j/k!) and question em. There's a LOT of questioning that goes on in the military but that's taken care of in house so you won't hear about it. So you might wanna keep your steretyping out of this conversation.

What's weird is it's us sports fans who expect athletes to just follow their contracts without thinking and stay at the same area for life (if they're stars) but douches for going against the grain.The troops, on the otherhand, are a bunch of rocks. Since you're from NY and you question everything. Media is the same everywhere and why would the NY media have the need to jump on everything if so much is going on??

Since we're going with generalizations, I'm in the military, I don't think so I'm definitely a conservative so why would I believe what the media has to say when the media is 90% LIBERAL? C'mon Man :facepalm:

MagicHero3
04-20-2012, 09:47 PM

hahah your ignorance is gigantic. sorry we don't have the highest crime rate and have news stories about horrible things that happen here. i don't even need to start with the statistics to prove you wrong, google something before you claim things like that. and talking trash to a military guy? he's sacrificing his time and safety for our country, and you try to use that against him saying his discipline is a bad thing? cmon man

www.google.com

just in case your too lazy to type it yourself and actually learn something before you talk trash about a city

effen5
04-20-2012, 10:12 PM
I like Orlando, universal studios is awesome

nate2usmc
04-23-2012, 02:30 PM
hahah your ignorance is gigantic. sorry we don't have the highest crime rate and have news stories about horrible things that happen here. i don't even need to start with the statistics to prove you wrong, google something before you claim things like that. and talking trash to a military guy? he's sacrificing his time and safety for our country, and you try to use that against him saying his discipline is a bad thing? cmon man

www.google.com

just in case your too lazy to type it yourself and actually learn something before you talk trash about a city

Yeah it was just too funny to me considering I'm actually from NYC lol. I got to Florida a few years ago because of the military, yes but I wouldn't have even taken the time to talk about Orlando positively if it were boring as hell and there was nothing to do/talk about other than Disney lol.