PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Article: Lakers arrogance never dies

Lakerhead4ever
04-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Not only did the Lakers not mention that the Mavericks are NBA champions in pre-game introductions, the production also includes the public-address announcer blaring that the Lakers have 16 NBA championships.

Not that it really matters. The Mavericks have the most recent NBA championship, which came in part because they swept the Lakers in the second round of the playoffs.

But still, a modicum of class would have been nice to see.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/04/lakers-arrogance-never-dies.html

Thoughts?

C-Style
04-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Link doesn't work bro

Lakers + Giants
04-17-2012, 03:16 PM
So we should kiss mavs *** at our staples center? haha, no.

Lakerhead4ever
04-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Link doesn't work bro

fixed

sep11ie
04-17-2012, 03:23 PM
I thought this would have been interesting... I was wrong.

Kevj77
04-17-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm sure the Lakers didn't introduce the Celtics as defending NBA champs the year after they got beat in the finals by them. Is every team supposed to introduce the Mavs as the champs on their homecourt.

Funny I don't remember the Mavs introducing the Lakers as the two time defending champs last year in Dallas. I wouldn't expect them to either.

xk4
04-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Yeah, expect nothing but boos when you in another team's building.

The home TV announcers on the other hand, make my skin crawl. For a lot of teams.

KingPosey
04-17-2012, 04:05 PM
How dare they not stroke the Maverick's egos and make sure everyone knew they won a championship last year. This is up there with the dumbest threads of the month and thats saying A LOT.

Bruno
04-17-2012, 04:07 PM
haha, pathetic article.

king4day
04-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Why should anyone announce them as NBA champs. Please tell me Dallas' PA guy doesn't announce them as champs every time out.
Imagine being Vince Carter and having to hear that every night.

Lake_Show2416
04-17-2012, 04:17 PM
who cares? Mavs r a 1 hit wonder that no1 expects to win again, Lakers win titles like its a religion

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-17-2012, 04:30 PM
who cares, **** mavs

Go Lakers:D

12to85
04-17-2012, 04:37 PM
The only time an arena announces the visitors as "champions" is to sell seats because the home team is lousy and uninteresting.

Avenged
04-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Whaaat? The Lakers didn't mention the Mavericks championship in the introduction so that makes them arrogant? Do other teams mention the Mavericks championship (serious question, I don't know).. I don't see why they would though :shrug:

Toadman
04-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Does any team mention the opposing team as World Champions? How about Division champs? It musta been payback for all the times Dallas never introduced the Lakers as Champs. Dumb!!!

72 Wins
04-17-2012, 05:24 PM
who cares? Mavs r a 1 hit wonder that no1 expects to win again, Lakers win titles like its a religion

hahah. PWNT.

Iron24th
04-17-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm sure the Lakers didn't introduce the Celtics as defending NBA champs the year after they got beat in the finals by them. Is every team supposed to introduce the Mavs as the champs on their homecourt.

Funny I don't remember the Mavs introducing the Lakers as the two time defending champs last year in Dallas. I wouldn't expect them to either.

This.
Seems more of dallas arrogance than anything else.

LA RaiderNation
04-17-2012, 06:00 PM
what an awful article..

gatkins11
04-17-2012, 07:19 PM
I don't understand what the problem is. The Lakers organization should be proud of all of those championships. If fact, they've won nine since the Mavericks organization was founded in 1980.

So what they didn't introduce Dallas as NBA champions? There's not a Lakers fan alive that doesn't remember what happened in the playoffs last year.

RaiderLakersA's
04-17-2012, 07:23 PM
True story.

A few weeks back a discussion came up between myself and a few friends (one Warriors fan, one Knicks fan, and the other two Bulls fans.) Granted a few rounds of drinks had been had by this point, but for about five minutes we all had trouble trying to remember whether Jason Kidd had a ring.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-17-2012, 07:29 PM
:shrug:

Reversed86Curse
04-17-2012, 07:45 PM
This is horrific. The Lakers should be fined, or at least spoken to in a rough tone, for their arrogance

The Final Boss
04-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Not only did the Lakers not mention that the Mavericks are NBA champions in pre-game introductions, the production also includes the public-address announcer blaring that the Lakers have 16 NBA championships.

Not that it really matters. The Mavericks have the most recent NBA championship, which came in part because they swept the Lakers in the second round of the playoffs.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/04/lakers-arrogance-never-dies.html

Thoughts?

Why say, "Not that it really matters," but proceed to blog about it anyway?:facepalm:

People call others arrogant because they themselves are scrubs. When has a scrub ever been called arrogant?

J4KOP99
04-17-2012, 07:54 PM
why is this still open?

The goods
04-17-2012, 08:04 PM
The mavs have been angry all year about not getting the respect they feel they deserve,maybe their right maybe their wrong,but I expect the lakers not to mention them as champs just like we do with the celtics,and everybody else who cares.
They won a championship and no one can take that away from them.

The goods
04-17-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't understand what the problem is. The Lakers organization should be proud of all of those championships. If fact, they've won nine since the Mavericks organization was founded in 1980.

So what they didn't introduce Dallas as NBA champions? There's not a Lakers fan alive that doesn't remember what happened in the playoffs last year.

Wait what,what happened?
Oooooo I want you guys soooo bad in the playoffs,but then again I wanted you guys last year. Lol

Bruno
04-17-2012, 08:08 PM
The mavs have been angry all year about not getting the respect they feel they deserve,maybe their right maybe their wrong,but I expect the lakers not to mention them as champs just like we do with the celtics,and everybody else who cares.
They won a championship and no one can take that away from them.

rarely are champions respected the year after their title, if they are no longer a serious threat to repeat. This years Mavericks, and the 2007 Heat serve as examples of that.

The goods
04-17-2012, 08:10 PM

Not to mention we win them in bunches no 1 and dones for us. Lol

Odominator
04-17-2012, 08:11 PM

Lol, really?

And how many times have the Mavs been eliminated by the Lakers? Serious question.

The goods
04-17-2012, 08:14 PM
rarely are champions respected the year after their title, if they are no longer a serious threat to repeat. This years Mavericks, and the 2007 Heat serve as examples of that.

I wouldn't say they aren't a threat,but cuban messed up not re-signing those guys mainly chandler.
But that 07 heat team was funny to watch mainly because shaq talked all that ish about winning without kobe only to come back the next year and suck ***.

The goods
04-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Lol, really?

And how many times have the Mavs been eliminated by the Lakers? Serious question.

That was the first time we've played them in the playoffs bro.

MickeyMgl
04-17-2012, 08:16 PM

Thoughts?

Are they supposed to treat the Mavericks like it's THEIR home game? He's whining.

Minor editorial point: There is a significant difference between an article and a blog post.

MickeyMgl
04-17-2012, 08:23 PM
why is this still open?

Why not?

MickeyMgl
04-17-2012, 08:25 PM
That was the first time we've played them in the playoffs bro.

Third time. Twice in the 80s.

MickeyMgl
04-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Not to mention we win them in bunches no 1 and dones for us. Lol

1972. 18 years after the previous one, and 8 years before the next. But, as "one and dones" go, it was particularly memorable.

BlondeBomber41
04-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Didn't even read the article. Who cares, it's not up to the home team to recognize the accomplishments of the opposing team. I've been to a crazy amount of Lakers/Spurs games in Dallas and I don't ever remember the Dallas PA announcer recognizing the fact that either of those teams was the defending champion.

Sssmush
04-17-2012, 09:53 PM
ha, Dallas got Barea'd in that game