PDA

View Full Version : Who misses the playoffs?

mdm692
04-17-2012, 10:29 AM
So its a tight race and the way some of the games have been going has made it even tighter. Here is a look at the teams fighting for a spot 6-10

#6. Denver Nuggets - one of the deepest teams in basketball with no true superstar but a lot of excellent role players. Afflalo and Chandler can easily be no. 2 options on any contending team. Kenneth Farried has done an excellent job in his rookie season and is looking to be a josh smith like player.

Remaining Schedule
Wed 18 Vs LA Clippers
Sat 21 @ Phoenix
Sun 22 vs Orlando
Wed 25 @ OKC
Thu 26 @ Minny

#7. Dallas Mavericks - Ahhh the defending nba champions. Their season has been a big puzzle with the addition of vince carter and lamar odom, then the subtraction of odom then the addition of odom then the subraction of odom. . .Again either way you can never count them out with Nowitzki at the helm, although they do seem to have seem a slump which is a bad time for it.

Remaining Schedule
Wed 18 vs Houston
Fri 20 vs GSW
Sat 21 @ Bulls
Thu 26 @ Atlanta

#8. Phoenix Suns - Jekyll and Hyde team of the nba one night they will drop 110 pts the next they will struggle to hit the 90 mark. The name basically says it all just like a phoenix the suns have manage to burn all the way to the ground at the beginning of the season the miraculously rose out of the ashes after the all star break. Shannon Brown has really exploded ever since being added to the starting line up and the suns finally have a back up pg for steve nash(at least for the time being).

Remaining Schedule(probably the toughest of all by winning percentage)
Wed 18 vs OKC
Thu 19 vs LA Clippers
Sat 21 vs Denver
Tue 24 @ Jazz
Wed 25 vs Spurs

#9. Houston Rockets - All hope seem to be lost when Lowry went down for those couple of weeks with kevin martin already out but the emergence of Goran Dragic helped the rockets stay in the playoff picture up until these last couple days when they suddenly lost 3 games in a row. It might be the tired legs catching up to them or the pressure of the playoff race making them nervous either way they have to get their act together if they plan to make the playoffs.

Remaining Schedule
Wed 18 @ Dallas
Thu 19 @ Hornets
Sat 21 vs GSW
Sun 22 @ Heat
Thu 26 vs Hornets

#10. Utah Jazz - I dont mean to disrespect the jazz fan base but I dont know much about the team just that Paul Milsap is quickly becoming the most underrated player in the nba. Alot of size but not enough firepower at the wing might do the in and will probably cost them a trip to the playoffs although their cake looks like a cake walk from a percentage standpoint.

Remaining Schedule
Wed 18 @ Portland
Sat 21 vs Orlando
Tue 24 vs Phoenix
Thu 26 vs Portland

Personally I think the Rockets will be out of the playoffs for sure the hornets are playing pretty good basketball with Eric Gordon back in action and I dont think neither Dallas or Miami will take it easy on them considering the Mavericks are fighting for higher seed and The Heat are fighting for that #1 seed in the east. The homer in me wishes the suns finishing as #7 or #6 but with two tough games vs The Thunder and Spurs we will be lucky to be in the playoffs. So there you have it guys a quick analysis at each team and the playoff hunt in the wild wild west.

Bigdaddyburch
04-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Denver misses it. They are the "who are they" team.

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 10:45 AM
I dont think the heat are fighting for the 1 seed as much as they are fighting to have hc over the west

kdspurman
04-17-2012, 04:32 PM
I dont think the heat are fighting for the 1 seed as much as they are fighting to have hc over the west

lol huh? What's that got to do with this thread? :confused:

kdspurman
04-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Utah might have it best having 3/4 games at home. If they can take care of business they can sneak in and they have the easiest opponents it seems. Phoenix has some home games too, but against some pretty good teams. it will be interesting to see. Dallas can drop 3/4 games too considering their opponents. Every game is vital

GoPacers33
04-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Utah and Phoneix miss out

ManRam
04-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Denver makes it. They hold tiebreakers over Phoenix and Houston...and are 2+ games ahead of both. They're fine.

Dallas makes it, because they also have a slight cushion, though, those last two games might be tough on the road.

So, Phoenix, Utah and Houston fight for the last spot IMO.

I think Utah has the easiest schedule left. They have @POR, ORL, PHX and POR. So three home games to end it all against beatable teams.

It's a toss up. I'm gonna say PHX gets it. I think Houston and Utah have more talent, but yeah...I'm just rolling the dice here.

Meatmypet
04-17-2012, 04:48 PM
I believe the Playoff picture on the West will look as it is right now. Denver, Dallas Phoenix in; Houston, Utah out.

NYMetros
04-17-2012, 04:52 PM
No idea, but this sure is exciting.

I'll guess Houston and Phoenix miss out. Dallas, Utah, Denver in. Al Jefferson is one of my favorite players so I'm rooting for Utah to get in.

The Nuggets really did a good job to beat the Rockets in back-to-back nights. Houston just could not score with them since Lowry is limited and Martin is out, and every time the Rockets missed it felt like Denver had a fastbreak layup.

xk4
04-17-2012, 04:56 PM
PHX has a brutal schedule. Don't count on them making it

OKC, Clippers, Nuggets, Jazz, Spurs

Baller1
04-17-2012, 05:00 PM
I think Utah and Phoenix miss out.

KingPosey
04-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Afflalo is legit #2 on any championship contender? Ya ****ing right.

Bigdaddyburch
04-17-2012, 05:50 PM
You guys are all crazy. Utah and Phoenix are locks. Denver sucks. They are so far out of it they dont even have a chance. They will lose out. They have no talent and no fans. No way Denver makes it. Be real here guys.

xk4
04-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Not sure if unfunny troll, or....

ManRam
04-17-2012, 05:56 PM
You guys are all crazy. Utah and Phoenix are locks. Denver sucks. They are so far out of it they dont even have a chance. They will lose out. They have no talent and no fans. No way Denver makes it. Be real here guys.

When's the last time you've looked at the standings, Daddy?

;)

Denver is two games ahead of PHX and Houston, and they hold the tie-breaker over both. So essentially, they're THREE games ahead with 5 games to play. Basically, you'd think that if they won just one or two of their remaining games they'd make it...

Denver is in. If they don't make it, it will be nothing short of a choke.

Statistically speaking, they have a 91% chance of making the playoffs right now.

With that said, I'm going to assume you're just trolling and apologize for ever taking you seriously.

Bigdaddyburch
04-17-2012, 06:08 PM
LOL not trolling at all. Write it down. Denver with no talent will drop every last game. That is my honest opinion. All the talk in Denver is how great a win it was for them last night. They have no talent. If they make it they will be by far the worse team to ever make the post season and will make a mockery of the NBA.

Giraffes Rule
04-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Thunder
Spurs
Lakers
Clippers
Grizzlies
Nuggets
Rockets
Mavs

I think the rest of the Rockets games are all winnable, while I think the Suns and Mavs could lose most of their remaining games. Mavs basically have one guaranteed win against Golden State, so really they just need to beat one of Houston/Chicago/Atlanta to get in. I think they can do that, though I'd rather they didn't. I almost want to say that Utah gets in ahead of them, but I just think it's more likely that the Mavs win enough to make it in than the Jazz winning out to get the 8th seed.

xk4
04-17-2012, 06:51 PM
LOL not trolling at all. Write it down. Denver with no talent will drop every last game. That is my honest opinion. All the talk in Denver is how great a win it was for them last night. They have no talent. If they make it they will be by far the worse team to ever make the post season and will make a mockery of the NBA.

If they have no talent, wouldn't that make them one of the greatest teams to ever make the post season

Your reasoning makes no sense.

ManRam
04-17-2012, 06:54 PM

I will mark it down...and I'll take my 90% odds to the bank!

Riddle me this...if they have no talent, how have they won two in a row and 7 of their last 10.

Their schedule isn't easy...but again, they probably only have to win a game to make it.

NYMetros
04-17-2012, 08:09 PM

wtf.. :confused:

Not sure if you're trying to be funny, or...

mdm692
04-18-2012, 06:36 AM
lol huh? What's that got to do with this thread? :confused:

i mentioned that the heat will be looking for #1 seed in the east and he suggested that theyre not really worried about home court in the east as they are facing whoever comes out of the west.

kdspurman
04-18-2012, 10:10 AM
i mentioned that the heat will be looking for #1 seed in the east and he suggested that theyre not really worried about home court in the east as they are facing whoever comes out of the west.

Ahhh ok. my bad... Didn't catch that. I was expecting a response pertaining to the question rather than that last paragraph.

todu82
04-18-2012, 10:17 AM
I accidentally clicked the 3 teams I think will make the playoffs. Sorry about that. I have Phoenix and Utah missing out.

Missing56&33
04-18-2012, 11:42 AM
I accidentally clicked the 3 teams I think will make the playoffs. Sorry about that. I have Phoenix and Utah missing out.

same here.

Jayrich28
04-20-2012, 01:39 AM
well dallas is in

denver will make it

suns vs utah winner gets other seed they play tuesday

and houstons done..

BlondeBomber41
04-20-2012, 03:03 AM
Phoenix and Houston miss out, Utah is #8 and Denver is #7.