PDA

View Full Version : As Wizards upset Bulls, Heat can still take 1st

NYSpirit1
04-17-2012, 12:26 AM
The Heat moved within 2 1/2 games of the Bulls tonight and only 2 games back in the loss column with a pivotal Thursday night game between the Heat and Bulls.

The Heat pretty much have an easy schedule remaining (really the Celtics only big game) and the Bulls have still yet to play the Mavs and Pacers in the last 3 games.

I'm hoping the Heat win out, I don't want to see the Knicks face them in the first round.

Cfrey
04-17-2012, 12:30 AM
We will see what happens

ManRam
04-17-2012, 12:36 AM
How does the tiebreaker work if Miami wins?

I think it's conference record...that's really close too. 35-9 for Chicago, 33-10 for Miami. If the game game deficit that the Heat are behind is made up, that gap probably would be made up too.

Next is record verse playoff teams in their conference (i think...i'm trying to recall from years past, i might be wrong). I have no idea how that stands...

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-17-2012, 12:37 AM
And they barely won against the Pistons the other day...

Bulls aren't playing very good right now and i think it has a lot to do with Rose messing up the continuity. He's obviously great, but after missing a third of the season the team got used to playing without him.

I smell a first round exit if they face the Knicks.

EDIT: Nvm Rose didnt even play today...

dhopisthename
04-17-2012, 12:38 AM
I think the bulls have the tiebreaker though

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 12:38 AM
I think they have the 1 seed. But chicago is def not playing very well right now.

If chicago meets a helthy boston team i can see that going 7 and even see boston winning that.

eibbor
04-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Upset? I'm not a fan of either team but I'm pretty sure the Bulls were resting for the playoffs.

Fnom11
04-17-2012, 12:40 AM
I don't think Mia wants the #1. They clearly didn't care about it all night until Lebron went god mode tonight. Wade didn't even play.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-17-2012, 12:42 AM
I don't think Mia wants the #1. They clearly didn't care about it all night until Lebron went god mode tonight. Wade didn't even play.

"Maintenance" lol

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 12:43 AM
Upset? I'm not a fan of either team but I'm pretty sure the Bulls were resting for the playoffs.

i dont think so, rose has had a ton if injures all year and just cant stay healthy. A win tonight and they pretty much wrap up the 1 seed.

eibbor
04-17-2012, 12:50 AM
i dont think so, rose has had a ton if injures all year and just cant stay healthy. A win tonight and they pretty much wrap up the 1 seed.

I can't disagree, but at the same time it didn't seem like they were pushing for it.

I don't think seeding this year is going to matter for this season like it has in normal seasons.

D1JM
04-17-2012, 12:51 AM

Bulls aren't playing very good right now and i think it has a lot to do with Rose messing up the continuity. He's obviously great, but after missing a third of the season the team got used to playing without him.

deng didnt neither

eibbor
04-17-2012, 12:54 AM
deng didnt neither

Which kinda proves my point...

kozelkid
04-17-2012, 01:15 AM
deng didnt neither

Which kinda proves my point...

Oh you didn't hear, turns out we're a guaranteed upset and have been awful lately. Nevermind the fact that we aren't 2-8 on road against teams above .500 or have one of the best records since the allstar break, CLEARLY we're struggling

MJ-BULLS
04-17-2012, 01:26 AM
no deng or rose yay. will see what happens.

ManningToTyree
04-17-2012, 01:32 AM
Wait and see. Too many scenarios in the East right now.

NYtilIdie
04-17-2012, 01:51 AM
I doubt they take 1st.

DR_1
04-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Oh you didn't hear, turns out we're a guaranteed upset and have been awful lately. Nevermind the fact that we aren't 2-8 on road against teams above .500 or have one of the best records since the allstar break, CLEARLY we're struggling

:laugh:

theheatles
04-17-2012, 08:33 AM
so the heat need to win out and bulls need to lose to the heat and pacers?

JordansBulls
04-17-2012, 08:39 AM
so the heat need to win out and bulls need to lose to the heat and pacers?

Pretty much.

Neosheed
04-17-2012, 08:53 AM
I think they have the 1 seed. But chicago is def not playing very well right now.

If chicago meets a helthy boston team i can see that going 7 and even see boston winning that.

Really? That healthy Boston team ur speaking about wouldn't last 5 games wit the bulls at full strengthen they might get one game but the bulls d is tough and will force them into a lot of bad shoots and Boston has almost no inside presence so I only see it going 5 games

oak2455
04-17-2012, 09:08 AM

And the Heat are playing well.... Come on:clap:

gaughan333
04-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Even with Deng and Rose out, I was still surprised we couldn't beat the wizards. I don't think Miami will take the 1 seed however.

kdspurman
04-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Bulls struggling (without Rose) means they could be ousted in the first/second round.

Heat struggling (full strength) means they're bored and will turn it on in the playoffs.

Am I understanding this correctly?

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Even with Deng and Rose out, I was still surprised we couldn't beat the wizards. I don't think Miami will take the 1 seed however.

They won't. But with a banged up rose and deng the bulls are looking vulnerable. I think the semis vs boston will go 7 for sure.

Shmontaine
04-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Bulls struggling (without Rose) means they could be ousted in the first/second round.

Heat struggling (full strength) means they're bored and will turn it on in the playoffs.

Am I understanding this correctly?

yes... you got it...

the heat have that extra gear... that next level... maybe two to three levels above what they are currently at...

meanwhile, the bulls are playing at 100% (obviously) and can't get any better even with the full compliment of players playing about 12 games together this year... it's pretty clear the bulls are getting bounced in the first/second round...

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 11:01 AM
yes... you got it...

the heat have that extra gear... that next level... maybe two to three levels above what they are currently at...

meanwhile, the bulls are playing at 100% (obviously) and can't get any better even with the full compliment of players playing about 12 games together this year... it's pretty clear the bulls are getting bounced in the first/second round...

If they see a healthy boston team in the 2nd round i can see the bulls losing.

Shmontaine
04-17-2012, 11:19 AM
If they see a healthy boston team in the 2nd round i can see the bulls losing.

i don't... the bulls match up very well against the celtics... unlike the heat... i would think you would want the bulls to win that series...

if the heat see a healthy boston team in the ecf i can see the heat losing... i don't think they make it past the bulls, though...

gaughan333
04-17-2012, 11:20 AM
yes... you got it...

The heat are going to go up so many levels they are going to evolve

Shmontaine
04-17-2012, 11:21 AM
the heat have to win out to have a shot, even then the bulls need to help them... not likely the heat get the #1

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Heat arent getting the 1 seed, i dont think you will a heat fan who thinks we can get the 1 seed. We just want home court over the west.

And if we see boston in the ECF, wade will just break rondos arm again;)

Shmontaine
04-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Heat arent getting the 1 seed, i dont think you will a heat fan who thinks we can get the 1 seed. We just want home court over the west.

in your opinion, which of the following is better for the heat??

philly/boston

ny/indi

they both present problems IMO.. philly will be a breeze, but boston is probably the toughes out of the 4...

BIG worm
04-17-2012, 11:36 AM

oooh, so now regular season play is a good predictor of how teams will play in the playoffs? or does that only apply to every other team beside the heat? how does that work? not playing well and being without rose and deng is 2 different things

Shmontaine
04-17-2012, 11:39 AM
oooh, so now regular season play is a good predictor of how teams will play in the playoffs? or does that only apply to every other team beside the heat? how does that work? not playing well and being without rose and deng is 2 different things

next level, friend.. the elusive next level.. few know about, fewer have ever seen it, and fewer still have the knowledge to harness it's power...

Celticsfan2007
04-17-2012, 11:42 AM

one armed Rondo > healthy Mario Chalmers ;)

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 11:45 AM
in your opinion, which of the following is better for the heat??

philly/boston

ny/indi

they both present problems IMO.. philly will be a breeze, but boston is probably the toughes out of the 4...
Ny/indy is better for sure, Boston scares me the most in the east.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see the bulls aren't playing great with rose back.

one armed Rondo > healthy Mario Chalmers ;)
I dont think so, rondo couldn't even be on the floor at the end of games because he was useless with one arm. But its a moot point, if the celtics get to the ECF that will be a great battle

theheatles
04-17-2012, 11:53 AM
i think the bulls will lose to miami and drop another game but so will miami and they'll wind up with the 2 seed

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 11:54 AM
:shrug: He's rusty as hell and is still getting these weird injuries.

Toe
Back
Groin
Ankle
Right foot

I mean, does anyone think he will be 100%?

redwhitenblue
04-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Does anyone actually believe Rose was truly injured last night?

I fully believe the major injury that kept rose out the better part of March and some lingering issues, however I also believe that were this the playoff he'd be playing all of these games. I think Thibs is holding Rose out extra games when available to try and keep him fresh for Rose. Is it any coincidence that there's multiple times we've seen both Rip and Rose come back for one big game (be it NY or MIA) and then go back to being out for a few games?

Last year in the final 4 weeks, Rose rolled an ankle 3 separate times and didn't miss a game because of it. Then in the playoffs he rolled the same ankle 3 more times and lost much of his explosiveness and ability to cut. I think they're holding him back with this condensed schedule a few extra games or any time he feels any twinge to try and keep him as fresh for the playoffs as possible.

Holydiver
04-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Magic number is 4.

In order for Heat to get 1 seed Miami has to win the head to head matchup, and then Miami has to win out and the Bulls have to lose another game besides Miami to an eastern team.

TylerSL
04-17-2012, 12:55 PM
I think best case scenario for Miami is they tie the Bulls. Miami has to win out for this happen. The Heat still have to play the Bulls at home on Thursday, and in Boston to play the Celtics next Tuesday. If Miami beats Chicago. The only other game, I see Chicago losing would be against the Pacers in Indiana. Other than that the Bulls play in Charolette (easy win), Dallas (at home), and Cleveland at home.

That would make Miami and Chicago both 49-17, they would both have a 37-11 Conference record, and would be 2-2 head to head. Who would get the #1 seed? Would come down to home record? In that case, Miami would have a 29-4 record and the Bulls would have a 26-7 record at home giving Miami the #1 seed. But I dont know if thats fair because they played different teams at home. If they tie in this scenario I dont really know who gets the #1 seed.

TylerSL
04-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Magic number is 4.

In order for Heat to get 1 seed Miami has to win the head to head matchup, and then Miami has to win out and the Bulls have to lose another game besides Miami to an eastern team.

Would Miami get the #1 seed for that to happen? Because even if Miami wins out and the Bulls also lose @Indiana then that ties the Heat and Bulls in total record (49-17), EC record (37-11) and head to head matchups (2-2). Who would get the #1 seed?

Holydiver
04-17-2012, 12:59 PM
KC Johnson said Miami gets 1 seed in the scenario I posted above.

He is a solid source

Stinkyoutsider
04-17-2012, 01:00 PM
I can't wait until these 2 teams play each other in the playoffs again!

The Bulls are looking shaky right now when they should be starting to play their best ball of the season. No doubt Deng's wrist is affecting his play and Rose isn't into rhythm yet.

The Celtics are going to be a tough out for anyone, especially if the big 4 are rested. Once they find the 3 guys off the bench they can truly trust, they'll have their 8 man rotation. New York is dangerous too. Don't want to see either one of them...

TylerSL
04-17-2012, 01:01 PM
KC Johnson said Miami gets 1 seed in the scenario I posted above.

He is a solid source

Well then I would assume it goes to Home record then.

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 01:06 PM
If miami and chicago are ties it would go to conference revord then i believe, then it would go to division record.

also

Does anyone actually believe Rose was truly injured last night?

I fully believe the major injury that kept rose out the better part of March and some lingering issues, however I also believe that were this the playoff he'd be playing all of these games. I think Thibs is holding Rose out extra games when available to try and keep him fresh for Rose. Is it any coincidence that there's multiple times we've seen both Rip and Rose come back for one big game (be it NY or MIA) and then go back to being out for a few games?

Last year in the final 4 weeks, Rose rolled an ankle 3 separate times and didn't miss a game because of it. Then in the playoffs he rolled the same ankle 3 more times and lost much of his explosiveness and ability to cut. I think they're holding him back with this condensed schedule a few extra games or any time he feels any twinge to try and keep him as fresh for the playoffs as possible.

KCjhoop
As of now, plan is for DRose to travel on 2-game trip. Whether he plays is undetermined, but he is walking on own, albeit with limp. #Bulls

This is not "rest Rose because of opponent" situation. In fact, 2 people I talked to are frustrated he's out. "He needs to play," one said.

So yea, i beleive he was relly injured last night.

Shmontaine
04-17-2012, 01:07 PM
I think best case scenario for Miami is they tie the Bulls. Miami has to win out for this happen. The Heat still have to play the Bulls at home on Thursday, and in Boston to play the Celtics next Tuesday. If Miami beats Chicago. The only other game, I see Chicago losing would be against the Pacers in Indiana. Other than that the Bulls play in Charolette (easy win), Dallas (at home), and Cleveland at home.

That would make Miami and Chicago both 49-17, they would both have a 37-11 Conference record, and would be 2-2 head to head. Who would get the #1 seed? Would come down to home record? In that case, Miami would have a 29-4 record and the Bulls would have a 26-7 record at home giving Miami the #1 seed. But I dont know if thats fair because they played different teams at home. If they tie in this scenario I dont really know who gets the #1 seed.

Two teams (top 5 tiebreakers):
1. Division winner
2. Head-to-head record
3. Record against teams in own division (if teams are in same division)
4. Record against teams in own conference
5. Record against playoff eligible teams in own conference

vs. East Top 8-Teams

Bulls 16-7
Heat 17-8

if heat win the head to head thursday, heat would be in the lead 18-8 to 16-8... that would pertty much seal the tie breaker i think... the bulls would have to lose another game as well to tie overall records

basically, the heat have to win out, and the bulls have to lose two games, one being the heat... if that happens, the heat will have the #1 seed...

mRc08
04-17-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm thinkin rose and deng were definitely really hurt.

I think that the bulls are not too fearful that the heat will overtake the 1 seed, however, it still is a possibility. And so for that, i would have expected at least rose to play if this was the case.

Also,

The bulls haven't had time to play together on offsense with a fully healthy squad. They need time to gel. And these last few games are critical for drose, deng, and rip to get used to playing along side eachother. This clearly was a problem when we played the knicks, and i think managment knows those three need to be on the floor to develop some kind of chemistry. And so for that reason, i think that if deng or rose could have gone, they would have played.

All of that said, i am a little uneasy with rose lately. Going into the playoffs we are going to need him. While we did play great without him, playoff basketball is totally different. You can't really outwork a team as easily in the playoffs because every team is giving 100%. The bulls were able to get a lot of wins because their comitment to moving the ball and playing defense when other teams maybe were not at prepared or into the game. In the playoffs, teams come at you full throttle, and without rose its going to be hard to beat any of these teams in the east. Drose NEEDS to be healthy.

Edit: One more thing, if Rose and Deng are indeed healthy, i think they will be able to use the first round as a way to get their mojo back, and be ready for the second round. Obviously every bulls fan here expects them to reach the ECF, which i do as well, but they gotta be healthy, and soon.

Holydiver
04-17-2012, 01:13 PM
yea, Magic Number is 4 with 6 games to play, no way is this in the bag for the bulls, but if Rose is injured all playoffs then it doesn't matter anyway

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Even if rose does play the last 4-5? games, he isn't 100%, but im sure playing a team like philly will allow the bulls to get into a good rhythm.

I would be money miami stays at the 2 seed, and yea, bulls just need rose to be healthy, Roses' health is more important to them than home court

Im not going to lie, having to face boston scares me a little even tho i think miami would win that series, it would be a long tough series.

mRc08
04-17-2012, 01:16 PM
I don't think anyone wants any part of boston.

Shmontaine
04-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Even if rose does play the last 4-5? games, he isn't 100%, but im sure playing a team like philly will allow the bulls to get into a good rhythm.

I would be money miami stays at the 2 seed, and yea, bulls just need rose to be healthy, Roses' health is more important to them than home court

Im not going to lie, having to face boston scares me a little even tho i think miami would win that series, it would be a long tough series.

i think this as well.. more time in between games during the playoffs... time to practice and heal... plus, it's philly..

boston will be tough, but the bulls match up great against them... our bigs can control theirs and rose loves to go against rondo...

TylerSL
04-17-2012, 01:19 PM
vs. East Top 8-Teams

Bulls 16-7
Heat 17-8

if heat win the head to head thursday, heat would be in the lead 18-8 to 16-8... that would pertty much seal the tie breaker i think... the bulls would have to lose another game as well to tie overall records

basically, the heat have to win out, and the bulls have to lose two games, one being the heat... if that happens, the heat will have the #1 seed...

thanks, its insane to think that something as big as the #1 seed and HC throughout the playoffs could be end up being so close. Huge pressure for both teams to end the regular season.

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 01:21 PM
i think this as well.. more time in between games during the playoffs... time to practice and heal... plus, it's philly..

boston will be tough, but the bulls match up great against them... our bigs can control theirs and rose loves to go against rondo...

Yea, but i do think boston would take 2 games, maybe even 3.

Holydiver
04-17-2012, 01:24 PM
didn't the bulls beat boston without rose during bostons great run?

redwhitenblue
04-17-2012, 01:25 PM
If miami and chicago are ties it would go to conference revord then i believe, then it would go to division record.

also

KCjhoop

So yea, i beleive he was relly injured last night.
I don't think he's 100%, but no part of me believes that he couldn't have played and probably played well if it was an important game (same with Deng). I would expect both Rose and Deng to rest the Charlotte game, then play Miami and maybe Dallas, then rest another game and probably play Indiana.

I think they're seeing Rose coming off a month of not playing right at a time in their schedule where they get a few back to backs stacked up for the first time in a while and don't want to overplay these guys nursing minor problems.

As for Rose walking with a limp, I'm not sure how notable it is but Rose sort of walks with a limp naturally. He always has. And any minor tweak has accentuated that in the past.

Hell, Thibodeau said after the game "he needs to play" in a frustrated tone, but I dont' for one second believe it was Rose who said "Coach I need to sit out this one," so I take whatever being said as nothing more than lip service. If Thibs wanted Rose to play, Rose would've played, he's just that kind of player.

Shmontaine
04-17-2012, 01:26 PM
didn't the bulls beat boston without rose during bostons great run?

yes, but didn't you hear the bulls are worse with rose now??

Holydiver
04-17-2012, 01:26 PM
trade him for a first rounder

:silly:

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 01:28 PM
I don't think he's 100%, but no part of me believes that he couldn't have played and probably played well if it was an important game (same with Deng). I would expect both Rose and Deng to rest the Charlotte game, then play Miami and maybe Dallas, then rest another game and probably play Indiana.

I think they're seeing Rose coming off a month of not playing right at a time in their schedule where they get a few back to backs stacked up for the first time in a while and don't want to overplay these guys nursing minor problems.

As for Rose walking with a limp, I'm not sure how notable it is but Rose sort of walks with a limp naturally. He always has. And any minor tweak has accentuated that in the past.

Hell, Thibodeau said after the game "he needs to play" in a frustrated tone, but I dont' for one second believe it was Rose who said "Coach I need to sit out this one," so I take whatever being said as nothing more than lip service. If Thibs wanted Rose to play, Rose would've played, he's just that kind of player.

He needs to start playing to get that rust off.

redwhitenblue
04-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Yea, but i do think boston would take 2 games, maybe even 3.
The C's also have the ability to be swept out. They were playing very well in the second half but these last few weeks will be more critical as they head into the playoffs, especially coming off their back to back to back and 5 games in 6 days stretch (and 7 games in 9 days).

Crackadalic
04-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Miami might get it. Bulls are bang up

redwhitenblue
04-17-2012, 01:31 PM
I think the Bulls feel they can win the 1st round while he gets that off. He's practicing, which is key because he didn't do a ton of that during his month off, and 2 of his 3 games back (NY and DET) were fairly normal for him. It was just the Miami game that his shots weren't falling.

The Bulls are having a rough practice today after last night's performance and the recent stretch of turnovers they've had, so if Rose is practicing today, I'd feel very positive that he's fine to return to game action at any point.

Shmontaine
04-17-2012, 01:32 PM

thanks, that was insightful... did you come up with that all on your own?...

Shmontaine
04-17-2012, 01:33 PM

one good game, much like miami, and he's fine...

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Miami is not getting the 1 seed.

I think the Bulls feel they can win the 1st round while he gets that off. He's practicing, which is key because he didn't do a ton of that during his month off, and 2 of his 3 games back (NY and DET) were fairly normal for him. It was just the Miami game that his shots weren't falling.

The Bulls are having a rough practice today after last night's performance and the recent stretch of turnovers they've had, so if Rose is practicing today, I'd feel very positive that he's fine to return to game action at any point.

True. a team like philly is just what the bulls need to get into post season form, which is why i wanted miami to play them, hopefully they start winning and Ny starts losing

redwhitenblue
04-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Miami is not getting the 1 seed.

True. a team like philly is just what the bulls need to get into post season form, which is why i wanted miami to play them, hopefully they start winning and Ny starts losing
I think NY would be better for Rose. A little easier matchup offensively IMO than PHI (who's actually one of the best defensive teams this year). I'm not scared of NY as much a some others who think they're a problem matchup for the Bulls. I've been fairly confident all year and the Bulls have played NY much better this year than last.

NY has Shumpert to give Rose a good man to man challenge, but isn't as good in help defense.

chockyy
04-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Rose didn't play because Thibs didn't wanna get sweet chin music from the FO like Vinny Del Negro did.

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 01:39 PM
I think NY would be better for Rose. A little easier matchup offensively IMO than PHI (who's actually one of the best defensive teams this year). I'm not scared of NY as much a some others who think they're a problem matchup for the Bulls. I've been fairly confident all year and the Bulls have played NY much better this year than last.

NY has Shumpert to give Rose a good man to man challenge, but isn't as good in help defense.

No one should be to worried about NY, especially if stat returns which he will. The reason they are winning is there Defense(stat will make that worse) and melo shooting 50%(stat will make that worse too).

Southsideheat
04-17-2012, 01:41 PM
It's going to be really hard for the bulls to lose to the celtics when they are +10 to 15 on the boards. It's nice to be able to shoot 40% and still be in control of the game. Chicago owns boston, but indiana will be a tougher matchup for them. But miami would rather play indiana than boston. Its all about matchups.

eddiev22
04-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Bulls have no chance with out Drose in the playoffs, Rose needs to man the **** up and start playing already, He needs to play in this last up coming games to get his rhythm going, cause if he doesnt and Bulls bring him in just for the playoffs, the Bulls are in big trouble.

Southsideheat
04-17-2012, 01:53 PM
today the world will end, tomorrow, ever thing is right in the world, day after tomorrow, the world will end again, the day after next. The Heat are in trouble, the Bulls are in trouble, stop with the silliness.

gotoHcarolina52
04-17-2012, 01:57 PM
@tomhaberstroh

Bobcats have the NBA's worst offense by pts/possession so far in April. Surprise: Bulls are next worst.

Shmontaine
04-17-2012, 02:21 PM
@tomhaberstroh

Are you saying the bulls are in trouble this game??? please...

in april... 8 games... such a great sample size...

bulls #1 in the league in ORB last 10 games with 16.8... that alone will be enough to secure the win..

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Are you saying the bulls are in trouble this game??? please...

in april... 8 games... such a great sample size...

bulls #1 in the league in ORB last 10 games with 16.8... that alone will be enough to secure the win..

I just think he's saying bulls have some work to do entering the playoffs. Most teams do:shrug:

Southsideheat
04-17-2012, 02:32 PM
@tomhaberstroh

like i said, the world will end today.

Shmontaine
04-17-2012, 02:48 PM
I just think he's saying bulls have some work to do entering the playoffs. Most teams do:shrug:

yes, they need to get healthy...

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 02:54 PM
You mean healthier? Deng wont be 100% with his wrist and im not sure rose will be 100% either, its probably been months since he was 100%

JordansBulls
04-17-2012, 02:59 PM
vs. East Top 8-Teams

Bulls 16-7
Heat 17-8

Well the odds of Miami winning in Boston is probably the same as Chicago winning in Indiana.

Southsideheat
04-17-2012, 03:00 PM
You mean healthier? Deng wont be 100% with his wrist and im not sure rose will be 100% either, its probably been months since he was 100%

and Wade won't be 100%, and Miller hasn't been 100% in 2 years. Point is, not many players at this stage are going to be 100%, its going to be about mental toughness. The playoffs always have been.

Shmontaine
04-17-2012, 03:01 PM

nobody is 100%, not lebron, not wade, not drose, not deng... nobody..

they need to be healthier, yes... a first round sweep would do wonders in terms of rest...

DLeeicious
04-17-2012, 03:51 PM
nobody is 100%, not lebron, not wade, not drose, not deng... nobody..

they need to be healthier, yes... a first round sweep would do wonders in terms of rest...

Scal is 100% minimum. But yeah other than that nobody.

DR_1
04-17-2012, 04:20 PM
I honestly think the Bulls could care less about seeding, if they get the #1 seed, great, if they don't Miami is stuck playing Boston in the second round. It's a win-win (or a lose-lose, depending on how you look at it :silly:)

redwhitenblue
04-17-2012, 04:44 PM
@tomhaberstroh
Does that count an offensive rebound as a new possession? Such as a new shot clock therefore new possession? If it does, that's a dumb way of looking at it.

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 04:50 PM
I honestly think the Bulls could care less about seeding, if they get the #1 seed, great, if they don't Miami is stuck playing Boston in the second round. It's a win-win (or a lose-lose, depending on how you look at it :silly:)

Its a win win if miami stays at #2 and still has homecourt over the west

redwhitenblue
04-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Its a win win if miami stays at #2 and still has homecourt over the west
Does that home court mean Miami gets a better seat to watch the Bulls win the NBA finals from? ;)

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Does that home court mean Miami gets a better seat to watch the Bulls win the NBA finals from? ;)

Cute.

redwhitenblue
04-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Cute.
I'll be in Cincinatti on Thursday without access, so I'll just say best of luck Thursday right now. Hopefully both teams come out injury free and it's another last minute thriller.

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 05:01 PM
I'll be in Cincinatti on Thursday without access, so I'll just say best of luck Thursday right now. Hopefully both teams come out injury free and it's another last minute thriller.

Yep, that game means little to me win or lose, all that matters is both teams are healthy. I cant see any way the heat get the 1 seed even if they win but im sure miami will want that game. Should be good.

72 Wins
04-17-2012, 05:15 PM

:facepalm: People need to actually watch the games before making these absurd posts. Yes the Bulls barely won against the Pistons, but Rose played great and so did Hamilton. The team lost some big leads when Rose and the starters were on the bench. The continuity with Rose was great. The reason the Pistons got it so close was because the bench collectively was flat. We got the W, so I'm not too concerned. Now the loss against the Wizards, I'm still shocked... but we had no Rose and no Deng.

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 05:16 PM
With how good your bench is, i still expected you guys to win that game.

Cool007
04-17-2012, 08:12 PM
With how good your bench is, i still expected you guys to win that game.

Bulls bench (even though good) gets overrated by many (Bulls fans as well as others).

They did held the fort since Rose was hurt but now it's Rose's time and bench is looking for him.

Also, Bulls just don't get up for bottom feeders and they just think they can just show up and win - THibs was the most upset I've seeen after the game. I can see Bulls rebounding from that loss and if Rose is back for good, I have no worries about Bulls.

Can't wait for the playoffs.

As for rust and Rose concerns, I think Rose and Bulls need like a week together and they will be fine. Even if it means the 1st round of the playoffs to do just that.

Again, I;m not worried.

eibbor
04-17-2012, 08:22 PM

Why was that a response to me? I didn't say anything like that. I said you weren't upset which is what the topic was about. :confused:

boolish
04-17-2012, 08:26 PM
:facepalm: People need to actually watch the games before making these absurd posts. Yes the Bulls barely won against the Pistons, but Rose played great and so did Hamilton. The team lost some big leads when Rose and the starters were on the bench. The continuity with Rose was great. The reason the Pistons got it so close was because the bench collectively was flat. We got the W, so I'm not too concerned. Now the loss against the Wizards, I'm still shocked... but we had no Rose and no Deng.

rose didn't play great at all. unless you don't want to count his 8 to.

redwhitenblue
04-17-2012, 08:43 PM
rose didn't play great at all. unless you don't want to count his 8 to.
You assume those TO's are all his fault. The team in general has had TO problems recently (including several games when Rose was out), the team hasn't been paying great attention on the court and a lot of passes aren't being connected on.

h2r09
04-17-2012, 08:56 PM
You assume those TO's are all his fault. The team in general has had TO problems recently (including several games when Rose was out), the team hasn't been paying great attention on the court and a lot of passes aren't being connected on.

no one is ever responsible for every turnover they commit. doesn't change the fact that he had 8 turnovers.

LGhost
04-17-2012, 09:49 PM
no one is ever responsible for every turnover they commit. doesn't change the fact that he had 8 turnovers.

Who cares

JordansBulls
04-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Well Chicago needs HCA over Miami much more.

effen5
04-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Rose was explosive against the pistons, that's all I care about, the cohesiveness will come soon but he needs to start playing the rest of the games. Rip is finally playing well (which is dangerous for everyone else) but rose and rip needs to start playing a lot together.

ChitownSports16
04-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Bulls fans! It's time to panic!!!!! Idk what I'm going to do!!!!!! Were going to get blown out of the 1st round because we don't have that extra gear...

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Well Chicago needs HCA over Miami much more.

sure do

Audubon
04-18-2012, 11:02 AM
No fool can honestly say they "expected" the Bulls to win, even against the Wizards especially when you are missing Rose and Deng regardless of bench. Take the two best players of any elite team and it's a possible loss.

1. Durrant and Westbrook
2. James and Wade

Sinestro
04-18-2012, 11:07 AM
I think the Bulls win the 1st seed by a game

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 11:18 AM
No fool can honestly say they "expected" the Bulls to win, even against the Wizards especially when you are missing Rose and Deng regardless of bench. Take the two best players of any elite team and it's a possible loss.

1. Durrant and Westbrook
2. James and Wade

lmao, bulls have a good enough team, they should have won. Its not like they were playing a playoff team. It was a lottery team.

Do you expect the bulls to win tonight without deng or rose?

also, the bulls will get the one seed.

Audubon
04-18-2012, 11:26 AM
lmao, bulls have a good enough team, they should have won. Its not like they were playing a playoff team. It was a lottery team.

Do you expect the bulls to win tonight without deng or rose?

also, the bulls will get the one seed.Without Rose and Deng I don't "expect" anything. We're without our playmaker and our all around best player. Wizards have beat OKC and the Lakers when those teams were healthy...why would I "expect" a win against them when short handed?

Muttman73
04-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Bulls playing possum right now

c smooth1810
04-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Heat are going to snag the 1 seed by the tiebreaker. All because of a home loss to the wizards... smh

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Heat are going to snag the 1 seed by the tiebreaker. All because of a home loss to the wizards... smh

the **** they do. Bulls have the 1 seed even if they lose tonight which im not sure they will.

c smooth1810
04-19-2012, 12:29 PM
the **** they do. Bulls have the 1 seed even if they lose tonight which im not sure they will.

Heat arent going to lose the rest of this year most likely and bulls have 2 tough games after tonight.

Boston will rest their guys on tuesday.

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Heat arent going to lose the rest of this year most likely and bulls have 2 tough games after tonight.

Boston will rest their guys on tuesday.

I dont know. I still think chicago will get it.