PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Pedroia is a class act as he defends teammate.

7chuck7
04-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Dustin Pedroia came to the defense of teammate Kevin Youkilis when he basically put manager Bobby Valentine in his place for making idiotic remarks about the intensity of Youkilis's play.

I am a Yankee fan but the fact remains that Dustin is right. Youkilis busts his butt all the time. Too bad Theo is gone. Bobby V. is already alienating his whole team with his uncalled for idiotic remarks. Sadly for the sox the worst is yet to come.

Way to go Dustin. You are a class guy just like your friend Derek Jeter is for us.

CHRISDODGERS
04-16-2012, 10:59 PM
godddddddddddddd who carreessss

eibbor
04-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Yeah, way to go for making it worse! What a guy... How well thought out.

7chuck7
04-16-2012, 11:11 PM
godddddddddddddd who carreessss

Hey dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Venice Beach must be boring tonight. Maybe you can check out Universal Studios.
If not......surfs up! Little wine, cheese and group hug at sunset. Like for sure...who cares about Bobby V. ?

CHRISDODGERS
04-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Hey dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Venice Beach must be boring tonight. Maybe you can check out Universal Studios.
If not......surfs up! Little wine, cheese and group hug at sunset. Like for sure...who cares about Bobby V. ?

are you insulting me because I live in LA? lmao

AK-50
04-16-2012, 11:39 PM

complete opposite of class act :facepalm:

04-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Bobby V says stupid **** and water is wet.

eibbor
04-17-2012, 12:07 AM
His quote was taken out of context. He answered the question.

Having a teammates back is the same as having your TEAMS back, coach included. This is probably going to be a terrible season for the Sox and it won't be Bobby's fault. Hold hands all you want, Dustin. Your GM left for a reason...

NativeBostonian
04-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Dustin Pedroia came to the defense of teammate Kevin Youkilis when he basically put manager Bobby Valentine in his place for making idiotic remarks about the intensity of Youkilis's play.

I am a Yankee fan but the fact remains that Dustin is right. Youkilis busts his butt all the time. Too bad Theo is gone. Bobby V. is already alienating his whole team with his uncalled for idiotic remarks. Sadly for the sox the worst is yet to come.

Way to go Dustin. You are a class guy just like your friend Derek Jeter is for us.
I'm glad he said something. Bobby Valentine needs to learn to shut his mouth.

metsrock229
04-17-2012, 02:02 AM

I was thinking the same thing :laugh:

Rush
04-17-2012, 02:03 AM
I was thinking the same thing :laugh:

I can look at your sig all day long.

Pinstripe pride
04-17-2012, 08:37 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CBI4npr7NLY/TtnI9nHfPYI/AAAAAAAAaIQ/lXhp7ALr_w8/s1600/bobby_valentine_0004.jpg

1908_Cubs
04-17-2012, 08:52 AM

Yeah, how dare he live somewhere fun, with things to do! What a jerk.

RTL
04-17-2012, 12:05 PM
I didn't find anything classy about Pedroia or Valentine's comments. I thought both were equally stupid and unnecessary.

7chuck7
04-17-2012, 02:59 PM

Of course I am. Now if you actually take something so silly...seriously, well that is another story.

Green_Monster
04-17-2012, 03:10 PM
I didn't find anything classy about Pedroia or Valentine's comments. I thought both were equally stupid and unnecessary.

Sounds like your post...

There was nothing wrong with Pedrioa's comment. He was backing up a teammate. Bobby V needs to shut up and coach.

Infamous916
04-17-2012, 03:12 PM

/thread

Tragedy
04-17-2012, 03:21 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CBI4npr7NLY/TtnI9nHfPYI/AAAAAAAAaIQ/lXhp7ALr_w8/s1600/bobby_valentine_0004.jpg
Probably the only smart/cool/funny thing this moron did in his career.

Bobby V is a complete **** **** and I'm glad to see Pedroia come to the aid of Youkilis. Youkilis plays the game so ****ing hard that his body is so broken down and he's not even that old yet. Bobby ain't doing himself any favors here - Fans aren't going to adore him when he knocks a hugely fan favorite.

For those saying Pedroia was dumb to make the comments. I don't think it's a secret that the Red Sox players already aren't big on Bobby V, so I've got no problem when a player comes to the aid of his friend and teammate of about 6 years.

cooldavid3169
04-17-2012, 03:23 PM

Sorry but he gets paid to listen to his coach and play for the fans. If your not into doing either one retire.

CityofTreez
04-17-2012, 03:37 PM
White guy from Woodland, CA is a classy guy?

News to me.

RTL
04-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Sounds like your post...

There was nothing wrong with Pedrioa's comment. He was backing up a teammate. Bobby V needs to shut up and coach.

Oh so clever!!

I think they both need to shut up.

Green_Monster
04-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Oh so clever!!

I think they both need to shut up.

Oh, really? What did Pedrioa say that was bad? Pedrioa is the face of this franchise. Bobby hasn't even coached 10 games.

dtmagnet
04-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Oh, really? What did Pedrioa say that was bad? Pedrioa is the face of this franchise. Bobby hasn't even coached 10 games.

Bobby Valentine is his ****ing boss, he runs the clubhouse now whether the players like him or not. You don't talk **** about your boss.

Pinstripe pride
04-17-2012, 04:14 PM

Bobby V is a complete **** **** and I'm glad to see Pedroia come to the aid of Youkilis. Youkilis plays the game so ****ing hard that his body is so broken down and he's not even that old yet. Bobby ain't doing himself any favors here - Fans aren't going to adore him when he knocks a hugely fan favorite.

For those saying Pedroia was dumb to make the comments. I don't think it's a secret that the Red Sox players already aren't big on Bobby V, so I've got no problem when a player comes to the aid of his friend and teammate of about 6 years.

agreed. i doubt bobby v has a long stay in boston honestly.

Pinstripe pride
04-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Bobby Valentine is his ****ing boss, he runs the clubhouse now whether the players like him or not. You don't talk **** about your boss.

it easier to replace the manager than 25 players. they dont like him, bobby v likely is the one shwon the door.

don't tlak **** about your boss? well he probally shouldnt be talking **** about a fan favorite for no apprent reason other than to stir up trouble. bobby v isn;t even their boss, the general manger and red sox front office would be

RTL
04-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Valentine criticized Youkilis, Pedroia criticized Valentine. It's the exact same thing but you prefer one over the other where as I say neither was needed.

Green_Monster
04-17-2012, 04:21 PM

Bobby Valentine is also an idiot. You don't go around bad mouthing your players. If he was a good coach, then things would be different.

Green_Monster
04-17-2012, 04:23 PM
it easier to replace the manager than 25 players. they dont like him, bobby v likely is the one shwon the door.

don't tlak **** about your boss? well he probally shouldnt be talking **** about a fan favorite for no apprent reason other than to stir up trouble. bobby v isn;t even their boss, the general manger and red sox front office would be

I agree with the bolded. :)

Valentine criticized Youkilis, Pedroia criticized Valentine. It's the exact same thing but you prefer one over the other where as I say neither was needed.

Show me where Pedrioa "criticized" Valentine.

BluejaysFan08
04-17-2012, 04:31 PM
IMO they both just made it worse. If you have issues deal with them internally, coming out and having a public feud with your manager through the media is never good.

But I'm a Jays fan.............So good work.

Bo Sox Fan
04-17-2012, 05:13 PM
I could really care less what any of the managers or players say as long as we keep winning.

Took 3 outta 4 and very well could have swept the series against the best pitching staff in the majors. Lets keep the ball rolling against Texas.

hugepatsfan
04-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Pedroia's comments are actually the exact problem with the Red Sox. "The way you do" lead to that historic collapse last year. I don't think Pedroia realizes that he plays for a laughing stock. I'm not a Sox fan, but I live in the area so I hear the chatter and the Red Sox are full of immature, selfish, clueless, jokes of baseball players.

hugepatsfan
04-17-2012, 05:26 PM

The Sox players hate Bobby V because he treats them like the boys they are. They don't act like men, so he doesn't treat them that way. When they stop acting like high schoolers, maybe e'll stop treating them like they are.

Green_Monster
04-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Pedroia's comments are actually the exact problem with the Red Sox.

Should I bight? Yeah, mine as well. What did Pedrioa say that was bad?

"The way you do" lead to that historic collapse last year.

Your bringing up collapses and your a Yankees fan? Not the best idea. Cough 04.

I don't think Pedroia realizes that he plays for a laughing stock.

The team that's 1 game behind the Yankees, and 2 behind 1st place, or a different one? Also, the most WS in the AL East for the past decade.

I'm not a Sox fan, but I live in the area so I hear the chatter and the Red Sox are full of immature, selfish, clueless, jokes of baseball players.

You don't say? If your going to bait another team, make sure your team is actually doing good. Or has been better in the past decade.

Green_Monster
04-17-2012, 07:28 PM
The Sox players hate Bobby V because he treats them like the boys they are. They don't act like men, so he doesn't treat them that way. When they stop acting like high schoolers, maybe e'll stop treating them like they are.

Who doesn't act like a man on the Red Sox? A-Rod come to mind?

KingerSox
04-17-2012, 07:37 PM
The best part of Pedroia's interview was when he said "Maybe that stuff works in Japan." Referencing the fact that Bobby V had to go to Japan for work lol. If you're a Sox fan and you've watched Youks play then you know it is absolutely insane to question that guys commitment. Absolutely absurd. He's the definition of hard work but his body has taken a beating over the years due to the style of which he plays.

7chuck7
04-17-2012, 08:27 PM
The best part of Pedroia's interview was when he said "Maybe that stuff works in Japan." Referencing the fact that Bobby V had to go to Japan for work lol. If you're a Sox fan and you've watched Youks play then you know it is absolutely insane to question that guys commitment. Absolutely absurd. He's the definition of hard work but his body has taken a beating over the years due to the style of which he plays.

I am a Yankee fan big time. I hope the Sox never win another game against us and they never make the playoffs again. LOL That is the silly part of the rivalry.

Putting that aside and being honest, almost any Yankee fan knows how good of a ballplayer Youkilis has been and his buddy Dustin is even better. Every time either one of them came up to bat in a close game with the Yanks all Yankee fans thought the same thing...."Oh sh#t !

I don't want to turn this into a Yankee/Red Sox love thread but fans from both teams know in the W.B.C. they and Jeter started being friends.
Makes sense. Rivalry aside, three players who only know how to play the game one way....the right way. Let's not forget that Bobby V. dumped on Derek's famous 'flip play' just before the season.

And to think you guys lost a class act like Terry Francona for this clown.

KingerSox
04-17-2012, 09:49 PM
7chuck7 I'll let my Yankee hatred subside for two minutes here lol. But I wasn't on board with Bobby V from the second I heard he was a candidate to manage the Sox. I mean even before he came to Boston he fired shots over Beckett and Crawford's bow as an analyst. At the WBC there were practices where Jeter and Peds would stay late to work on DP's. The certainly grew a respect for one another. I remember reading a couple articles on it. I wish I could find them now.

7chuck7
04-17-2012, 10:27 PM
7chuck7 I'll let my Yankee hatred subside for two minutes here lol. But I wasn't on board with Bobby V from the second I heard he was a candidate to manage the Sox. I mean even before he came to Boston he fired shots over Beckett and Crawford's bow as an analyst. At the WBC there were practices where Jeter and Peds would stay late to work on DP's. The certainly grew a respect for one another. I remember reading a couple articles on it. I wish I could find them now.

I'll let my Yankee hatred subside for two minutes here lol.
__________________________________________________ ______________
This happened once before you know. But is was German and Brittish troops..not Yankee and Sox fans. Enjoy the season.
__________________________________________________ ______________
Christmas truce was a series of widespread unofficial ceasefires that took place along the Western Front around Christmas 1914, during the First World War. Through the week leading up to Christmas, parties of German and British soldiers began to exchange seasonal greetings and songs between their trenches; on occasion, the tension was reduced to the point that individuals would walk across to talk to their opposite numbers bearing gifts. On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, many soldiers from both sides as well as, to a lesser degree, from French units independently ventured into "no man's land", where they mingled, exchanging food and souvenirs. As well as joint burial ceremonies, several meetings ended in carol-singing. Troops from both sides were also friendly enough to play games of football with one another.[1]

The truce is seen as a symbolic moment of peace and humanity amidst one of the most violent events of modern history. It was not ubiquitous, however; in some regions of the front, fighting continued throughout the day, while in others, little more than an arrangement to recover bodies was made. The following year, a few units again arranged ceasefires with their opponents over Christmas, but the truces were not nearly as widespread as in 1914; this was, in part, due to strongly worded orders from the high commands of both sides prohibiting such fraternisation.

Tragedy
04-18-2012, 01:08 PM
How in the ****ing blue hell do you know that they don't act like men? How can you have any knowledge of how the clubhouse and how the team has been from April until present?

The point is that Bobby Valentine is about as ignorant as they come by calling out a player the way he did. I don't see other GOOD managers in the league doing it. Never heard Tito do it, and he won two World Series titles. I never heard Joe Girardi do it, and he's got one ring.

hugepatsfan
04-18-2012, 03:03 PM
How in the ****ing blue hell do you know that they don't act like men? How can you have any knowledge of how the clubhouse and how the team has been from April until present?

The point is that Bobby Valentine is about as ignorant as they come by calling out a player the way he did. I don't see other GOOD managers in the league doing it. Never heard Tito do it, and he won two World Series titles. I never heard Joe Girardi do it, and he's got one ring.

How the clubhouse has been in April is irrelevant. They're being "punished" for what they did last year. If a kid sneak out one weekend, his parents ground him the next weekend. Last year's collapse, when they most definately did not behave like men in their professional lives, was the weekend they snuck out. Bobby Valentine's new rules are the grounding.

And in what way is how Tito or Girardi manage at all relevant. Bobby V is Bobby V. Not Tito. Not Girardi. And you're example is incomplete. Ozzie Guillen calls out players and he has a ring. Every manager has to do it their own way. This is how Bobby V does it. You might not think it will work, but his best bet at success is to do what he thinks is best. The Red Sox hired a manger who acts like this because the players proved last year that they can't handle someone who will let them police themselves. They're not capable of living up to their end of that bargain.

hugepatsfan
04-18-2012, 03:09 PM

He told his boss how he needs to go about his job. In what world is that productive for any company?

So what? The Yankees collapsed 100% because they played poorly, but at least it wasn't at all because they acted like high schoolers rather than profssional players.

The team that's 1 game behind the Yankees, and 2 behind 1st place, or a different one? Also, the most WS in the AL East for the past decade.

I didn't mention their record at all as a reason they're a laughing stock. They're a laughing stock because of the way the whole organization handles themselves. The entire Red Sox organization is woefully incapable of dealing with the local media. Everything in "Red Sox Nation" is communicated and handled poorly. The players, manager, and executives struggle so much to adapt to their business environment.

You don't say? If your going to bait another team, make sure your team is actually doing good. Or has been better in the past decade.

Who cares which team has a better record? I'm talking about the professionalism of the players, not how well they've performed.

Green_Monster
04-18-2012, 03:33 PM
How the clubhouse has been in April is irrelevant. They're being "punished" for what they did last year. If a kid sneak out one weekend, his parents ground him the next weekend. Last year's collapse, when they most definately did not behave like men in their professional lives, was the weekend they snuck out. Bobby Valentine's new rules are the grounding.

And in what way is how Tito or Girardi manage at all relevant. Bobby V is Bobby V. Not Tito. Not Girardi. And you're example is incomplete. Ozzie Guillen calls out players and he has a ring. Every manager has to do it their own way. This is how Bobby V does it. You might not think it will work, but his best bet at success is to do what he thinks is best. The Red Sox hired a manger who acts like this because the players proved last year that they can't handle someone who will let them police themselves. They're not capable of living up to their end of that bargain.

Drinking beer isn't manly? And who are you to call people men when you have A-Rod on your favorite team?

Who cares which team has a better record? I'm talking about the professionalism of the players, not how well they've performed.

Everyone... If your team hasn't been as good as the other team in recent times... Then why should you be talking? :confused:

Tragedy
04-18-2012, 03:44 PM

Oh, okay.

Now it makes sense.

Bobby Valentine is punishing the players for something he does not know the full story of by calling out players to the media. This is no doubt a great way to motivate players to being better and playing as a team.

You want to "punish" them if you're Bobby V? That's fine. I'm on board with him being a "hard ***" type of manager because Francona was to lax last year. But do it by ripping the players apart to their faces, not allowing alcohol in the clubhouse, setting curfews, making them take the team bus in Spring Training, etc. Calling a player out publicly the way he did, and of all people one of the hardest workers I've ever seen in my time watching the Red Sox in Kevin Youkilis was dumb and ill founded.

The fact that he recanted using one of the biggest BS excuses to say how we "misinterpreted" what he was saying is proof enough that the ENTIRE ORGANIZATION knew he was wrong - Thus why our team captain Dustin Pedroia sided with Youkilis publicly, as did Ben Cherington, the GM.

04-18-2012, 03:56 PM

One collapse is very recent and the majority of the players involved are still on the team. The other happened 7.5 years ago and many of the players on that team no longer play for the Yankees.

One collapse is relevant to this discussion and the other is not. No need to take any mention of what happened last season as a slap to the face.

Jeffy25
04-18-2012, 04:02 PM

100% this.

Green_Monster
04-18-2012, 04:12 PM
One collapse is very recent and the majority of the players involved are still on the team. The other happened 7.5 years ago and many of the players on that team no longer play for the Yankees.

One collapse is relevant to this discussion and the other is not. No need to take any mention of what happened last season as a slap to the face.

How is the collapse relevent to this discussion? That's like saying, if Mo chokes on a save, we can bring up 04? Come on, man.

04-18-2012, 04:20 PM
How is the collapse relevent to this discussion? That's like saying, if Mo chokes on a save, we can bring up 04? Come on, man.

He is talking about Pedroia's and his attitude which he believes contributed to the Red Sox bad September. I never said he was right or wrong but he made the connection which is relevant. Yankees in 04 have absolutely nothing to do with this.

Green_Monster
04-18-2012, 04:24 PM
He is talking about Pedroia's and his attitude which he believes contributed to the Red Sox bad September. I never said he was right or wrong but he made the connection which is relevant. Yankees in 04 have absolutely nothing to do with this.

So the Red Sox collapse has nothing to do with the Yankees collapse?

04-18-2012, 04:35 PM
So the Red Sox collapse has nothing to do with the Yankees collapse?

Let me try this one more time.

1. This thread is about Bobby Valentine, Kevin Youkilis, and Dustin Pedroia.

2. Valentine made a comment calling out Youkilis.

3. Pedroia makes a comment defending his teammate.

4. OP thinks what Pedroia did was classy.

5. hugepatsfan thinks Pedroia's comment is not a good thing as his "this is not how we do things around here" attitude contributed to the Red Sox collapse last season. In other words Pedroia and the Red Sox need to accept change.

Do you see how mentioning the Red Sox collapse is relevant but the 04 Yankees is not? If you cannot see it then there is no point carrying on this discussion.

hugepatsfan
04-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Oh, okay.

Now it makes sense.

Bobby Valentine is punishing the players for something he does not know the full story of by calling out players to the media. This is no doubt a great way to motivate players to being better and playing as a team.

You want to "punish" them if you're Bobby V? That's fine. I'm on board with him being a "hard ***" type of manager because Francona was to lax last year. But do it by ripping the players apart to their faces, not allowing alcohol in the clubhouse, setting curfews, making them take the team bus in Spring Training, etc. Calling a player out publicly the way he did, and of all people one of the hardest workers I've ever seen in my time watching the Red Sox in Kevin Youkilis was dumb and ill founded.

The fact that he recanted using one of the biggest BS excuses to say how we "misinterpreted" what he was saying is proof enough that the ENTIRE ORGANIZATION knew he was wrong - Thus why our team captain Dustin Pedroia sided with Youkilis publicly, as did Ben Cherington, the GM.

Bobby V calls out players because that's his style. He has to be true to himself. If that's how he believes in managing, that's how he has to do it. I personally don't believe in it, but no manager is ever going to be successful if they don't stick at least somewhat to what makes them who they are. Obviously you have to adjust to the team to a certain extent, but it will never work if you don't do you.

Calling Youk out isn't really related to what happened last year at all. The connection I'm drawing between the 2 is Pedroia's comments about it - treating Bobby V as an outsider, inplying that he's the one that needs to learn how things are done. No. The Red Sox showed last year that they are the ones that needs to learn how things are done. And from what I've heard out of the players, dating way back before Pedy's most recent comments, tells me that they still don't get it. There seems to be very little accountability on that team, and Pedy's comments to me are just an extension of that.

hugepatsfan
04-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Drinking beer isn't manly? And who are you to call people men when you have A-Rod on your favorite team?

Everyone... If your team hasn't been as good as the other team in recent times... Then why should you be talking? :confused:

Being a man =/= acting manly.

I don't say being a man as in the different between male and female; I say it as the difference between acting like a grown up and a child.

Drinking beer is "manly." Sneaking beer into work is not what a man does though; That's what a high school KID does. Admitting fault and acknowledging you made mistakes is what a man does; Publicly calling for the head of the "snitch" and not acknowledging any personal mistakes (cough... Becket... cough) is what a child does.

You can rip on A-Rod all you want, but he's for the most part always been accountable and professional in regards to his career. His personal life has had its questionable moments, but professionally he hasn't offered too much to complain about.

sugarrayray

Beautifully done. Not only is that awesome, and hilarious, but yeah, what's the point of just posting in a thread to say who cares. Why go to a website like prosportsdaily if you have a "who cares" attitude about stuff like this? Anyways, great work.

hugepatsfan

5. hugepatsfan thinks Pedroia's comment is not a good thing as his "this is not how we do things around here" attitude contributed to the Red Sox collapse last season. In other words Pedroia and the Red Sox need to accept change.

Do you see how mentioning the Red Sox collapse is relevant but the 04 Yankees is not? If you cannot see it then there is no point carrying on this discussion.

:clap:

Jeffy25
04-18-2012, 04:48 PM
From the outside looking in (don't care about the Red Sox at all, I think they are given waaaaaaaaaay too much publicity as it is)

This is a stupid situation based on the words of a stupid person (Bobby V) that is blown up by stupid people (ESPN).

1. Who cares? They are professionals they better work it out, otherwise they shouldn't be in the positions they are in.
2. Words appear to have been taken out of context, so it's very possible it wasn't correct in the first place.
3. The media is like a high school teenage girl, gossip, gossip, gossip, stir the pot
4. Bobby V is a bad manager, and that is probably going to continue.
5. I think the Red Sox have a really bad season on their way to a really bad decade.

EVIL EMPIRE
04-18-2012, 04:59 PM

Green Monster should read this post like 23 times.

I mean, its really not that hard to understand, is it?...:confused: :facepalm:

EVIL EMPIRE
04-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Beautifully done. Not only is that awesome, and hilarious, but yeah, what's the point of just posting in a thread to say who cares. Why go to a website like prosportsdaily if you have a "who cares" attitude about stuff like this? Anyways, great work.

So, opinions aren't allowed to be posted on this site any longer?...

Green_Monster
04-18-2012, 05:04 PM

He only brought it up to get Sox fans pissed off. Do you not see that? So I countered it, with a bigger, and more important collapse. Damn.

EVIL EMPIRE
04-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Who doesn't act like a man on the Red Sox? A-Rod come to mind?

Are you serious?...Do you actually practice these lines before posting them?...

EVIL EMPIRE
04-18-2012, 05:06 PM
He only brought it up to get Sox fans pissed off. Do you not see that? So I countered it, with a bigger, and more important collapse. Damn.

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with the current discussion or thread title.

Way to go!

Green_Monster
04-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Being a man =/= acting manly.

I don't say being a man as in the different between male and female; I say it as the difference between acting like a grown up and a child.

Drinking beer is "manly." Sneaking beer into work is not what a man does though; That's what a high school KID does. Admitting fault and acknowledging you made mistakes is what a man does; Publicly calling for the head of the "snitch" and not acknowledging any personal mistakes (cough... Becket... cough) is what a child does.

You can rip on A-Rod all you want, but he's for the most part always been accountable and professional in regards to his career. His personal life has had its questionable moments, but professionally he hasn't offered too much to complain about.

Yes, if you rip on my players, I'll rip on yours. You know, going to strip clubs while being married.

Green Monster should read this post like 23 times.

I mean, its really not that hard to understand, is it?...:confused: :facepalm:

Using multiple smilies show that your not confident about what you said. Fact.

04-18-2012, 05:12 PM

How do you know he only typed that to piss off Red Sox fans? I remember hugepatsfan from his postings in the Yankees forum and he often had good things to say about the Red Sox. He was stating his opinion on the relevant discussion in this thread. It is not his problem to worry if his words get some Red Sox fans upset.

EVIL EMPIRE
04-18-2012, 05:17 PM

For the record, the Yankees have been better than the Sox in recent times.

Have you not been watching baseball the last 2 or 3 years?...

Green_Monster
04-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Are you serious?...Do you actually practice these lines before posting them?...

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with the current discussion or thread title.

Way to go!

I'm sorry, did you say something?

For the record, the Yankees have been better than the Sox in recent times.

Have you not been watching baseball the last 2 or 3 years?...

:laugh:

Green_Monster
04-18-2012, 05:22 PM
How do you know he only typed that to piss off Red Sox fans? I remember hugepatsfan from his postings in the Yankees forum and he often had good things to say about the Red Sox. He was stating his opinion on the relevant discussion in this thread. It is not his problem to worry if his words get some Red Sox fans upset.

So if I said something about the Yankees 04 collapse out of nowhere, you wouldn't respond?

04-18-2012, 05:26 PM
So if I said something about the Yankees 04 collapse out of nowhere, you wouldn't respond?

If the thread had any connection to that collapse then why would I? I might join the discussion but I wouldn't throw last seasons collapse in Red Sox fans face for no reason.

Green_Monster
04-18-2012, 05:29 PM
If the thread had any connection to that collapse then why would I? I might join the discussion but I wouldn't throw last seasons collapse in Red Sox fans face for no reason.

Yet you have no problem when hugepatsfan does it?

04-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Yet you have no problem when hugepatsfan does it?

Look you are not getting my point even though I clearly explained it to you. There is no point on carrying on this discussion because you refuse to acknowledge the obvious connection to the Red Sox collapse in hugepatsfan's post.

With that I stop responding to you in this thread.

EVIL EMPIRE
04-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Yes, if you rip on my players, I'll rip on yours. You know, going to strip clubs while being married.

Using multiple smilies show that your not confident about what you said. Fact.

Fact?..Why, because you say so?...

What if I only used 1 smiley?

You're too funny dude.

By the way, I don't need "confidence" when I'm pointing out the obvious, but if me using 2 or more smilies leads you to believe something different about my post, then I apologize. I wouldn't want you to think that I didn't/don't mean what I say...;) :D :lift:

Sorry if you don't understand something someone else is trying to explain to you, over and over and over again.

Yankees1903 tried to clear it (hugepatsfan comments) up for you many times, and you probably still don't understand. No need to get angry, just read that post over and over again, and maybe it'll sort itself out in your head?...

EVIL EMPIRE
04-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Look you are not getting my point even though I clearly explained it to you. There is no point on carrying on this discussion because you refuse to acknowledge the obvious connection to the Red Sox collapse in hugepatsfan's post.

I'm beginning to think he only sees what he wants to see in these posts, and that's about as far as it goes in his head. I mean, a 10 year old can clearly understand what you are trying to explain, and yet this dude is just not getting it.

It might be something in his drinking water?...

04-18-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm beginning to think he only sees what he wants to see in these posts, and that's about as far as it goes in his head. I mean, a 10 year old can clearly understand what you are trying to explain, and yet this dude is just not getting it.

It might be something in his drinking water?...

Some people see what they want to see. Also your sig is amazing.

Mr Haha
04-18-2012, 08:14 PM

As much as I like Pedrioa and dislike Bobby V., I think Bobby needs a break on this one. Pedrioa said of BV that "this isn't how we do things around here," which is kind of a dumb thing to say since "the way they did things out there" led to drinking in the clubhouse and one of the all-time worst regular season collapses. Maybe Bobby V is right: things need to change out there.

Green_Monster
04-18-2012, 09:02 PM

All you "explained to me is that YOU think the Red Sox collapse is relevant to the this thread, which it isn't.

And way to avoid my question.

Green_Monster
04-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Fact?..Why, because you say so?...

What if I only used 1 smiley?

You're too funny dude.

By the way, I don't need "confidence" when I'm pointing out the obvious, but if me using 2 or more smilies leads you to believe something different about my post, then I apologize. I wouldn't want you to think that I didn't/don't mean what I say...;) :D :lift:

Sorry if you don't understand something someone else is trying to explain to you, over and over and over again.

Yankees1903 tried to clear it (hugepatsfan comments) up for you many times, and you probably still don't understand. No need to get angry, just read that post over and over again, and maybe it'll sort itself out in your head?...

I would love to see you go out in public and wink, and stuck your tongue out, then clap to finish it off. It's just not weird and I think it makes you look childish.

As much as I like Pedrioa and dislike Bobby V., I think Bobby needs a break on this one. Pedrioa said of BV that "this isn't how we do things around here," which is kind of a dumb thing to say since "the way they did things out there" led to drinking in the clubhouse and one of the all-time worst regular season collapses. Maybe Bobby V is right: things need to change out there.

Calling out a guy that has done everything he can for his franchise is not how we run things here in Boston.

Mr.Wiskers
04-18-2012, 09:37 PM
You're actually sitting here and defending Pedrioa, are you kidding me. He's got the nerve to speak out against his manager but didn't have the balls to speak out to his teammates when they were ****ing around last year and costing Francona his job( a guy who managed them to both World Series Championships). Can you say Jack***.

mtf
04-19-2012, 04:05 AM
You're actually sitting here and defending Pedrioa, are you kidding me. He's got the nerve to speak out against his manager but didn't have the balls to speak out to his teammates when they were ****ing around last year and costing Francona his job( a guy who managed them to both World Series Championships). Can you say Jack***.

It's only because Bobby Valentine is seen as an outside among the Red Sox, by both the team and the fans.

Ron!n
04-19-2012, 05:21 AM
Things got way too off-topic here.