StealingSigns
04-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Tampa Bay Rays

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/snarlyb/milano-rays.jpg

VS

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/snarlyb/milano_Jays-1.jpg

Toronto Blue Jays

Tuesday, April 17, 7:07 PM ET

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_435298.jpg vs http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_460069.jpg
Jeff Niemann......Ricky Romero
0-1, 5.40 ERA.....1-0, 3.38 ERA

Niemann allowed three runs on four hits while walking two and striking out six in taking his first loss of the season on Thursday in Detroit. The 6-foot-9 right-hander is 4-3 with a 5.23 ERA in 11 career starts against the Blue Jays.

Romero is coming off a dominating performance against Boston on Wednesday. The lefty allowed one run over 8 1/3 innings to earn his first victory of the season. Romero has a career 3.18 ERA against the Rays over 10 starts.

Wednesday, April 18, 7:07 PM ET

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_456034.jpg vs http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_453344.jpg
David Price.......Brandon Morrow
1-1, 4.82 ERA........0-0, 2.57 ERA

Price took his first loss of the season Friday afternoon against the Red Sox when he allowed three earned runs on four hits and three walks in three innings. He is 9-2 with a 2.06 ERA in 12 career starts against Toronto.

Morrow walked away with his second no-decision of the season after allowing four runs in his last outing. He enters his next start against the Rays with a 2.57 ERA, while holding opposing hitters to a .152 average over 14 innings this season.

Thursday, April 19, 7:07 PM ET

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_476451.jpg vs http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_506693.jpg
Jeremy Hellickson......Henderson Alvarez
1-0, 3.29 ERA........0-0, 2.77 ERA

Hellickson struggled with his control on Saturday against the Red Sox when he walked three and surrendered three home runs in five innings to earn a no-decision. He is 1-0 with a 4.25 ERA in two career starts at Rogers Centre.

Alvarez has thrown consecutive quality starts to begin the season, but has walked away with two no-decisions. The 21-year-old will take a 2.77 ERA and 0.92 WHIP into his next outing against the Rays.

Stats/pitching matchups courtesy of bluejays.com (http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers/index.jsp?c_id=tor)

http://thestar.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bf8f353ef016764e0213f970b-pi

Rays, Blue Jays set to renew AL East rivalry

The Rays have opened their season with 10 games against the Yankees, Tigers and Red Sox. Don't expect things to get any easier against Ricky Romero and the Blue Jays on Tuesday.

As Tampa Bay starts the final series of its 10-game road trip Tuesday night at Rogers Centre, the club will face a pitcher who has silenced its bats throughout his career. Overall, healthy players on the Rays' roster are 18-for-112 (.161) with 32 career strikeouts against the Blue Jays' ace.

The individual numbers are even scarier. Shortstop Sean Rodriguez is 1-for-15 against Romero. First baseman Carlos Pena has one hit in 10 at-bats, and designated hitter Luke Scott also has just a lone base hit in 12 tries. Outfielders Matt Joyce and Desmond Jennings are 0-for-12 and 1-for-9 against Romero, respectively.

Interestingly, Romero's start against the Rays comes just one start after he came within two outs of a complete game against the Red Sox -- a team that, historically, he had struggled against more than any other. Regardless of the opponent's success -- or lack thereof -- against Romero, the ace's philosophy on the mound remains the same.

"Consistency, throwing strikes," Romero said when asked what sparked the one-run, three-hit performance over 8 1/3 innings Wednesday. "You throw strikes ... they're going to have to beat you by swinging the bat. I felt like, at times, against Boston I would try to do too much, and walks killed me."

Rays starter Jeff Niemann will look to adopt that same strategy as he tries to get himself into the win column Tuesday. Niemann took a shutout into the fifth inning in his first start against the Tigers, but ultimately suffered the loss after allowing three earned runs in the fifth. Overall, he threw just 59 of his 102 pitches for strikes.

"We're pretty familiar with Toronto," Niemann said. "We know what they're trying to do, so it will be important for us to go out there and set the tone in Game 1 up there. [I want to] give the team a quality outing and see how it turns out."

Rays: Bullpen gets a rest
Tampa Bay has allowed 28 runs in the seventh inning or later, which ranked as the most in the Major Leagues. On Monday, James Shields rested the bullpen with 8 1/3 shutout innings, needing only Fernando Rodney to come in and finish off the 1-0 victory over the Red Sox.

"We shouldn't be that way," right-hander Joel Peralta said before the game. "We should be able to do a better job than we have done until now."

Ben Zobrist started in right field Monday morning against the Red Sox and extended his streak to 247 career games in the outfield without committing an error. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, this is the most of any active player to start their career in the outfield. Zobrist's errorless streak is the longest of its kind since Darren Lewis, who played 392 games in the outfield with San Francisco and Oakland from 1990-94 before his first error.

Blue Jays: Bullpen's solid effort a welcome sight
It may not have been a save situation, but the 1 2/3 scoreless innings from the bullpen in Sunday's 9-2 win over the Orioles certainly came as a relief for manager John Farrell.

Toronto's bullpen, which had squandered late leads in eventual losses in back-to-back contests, entered Sunday with a league-worst five blown saves. In the victory over Baltimore, however, Luis Perez and Evan Crawford combined to allow just one hit in recording the game's final five outs.

"We've put ourselves in a position to win some games late, and when we've mislocated some pitches, we've gotten beat," Farrell said before Sunday's victory. "As a group, we are finding our rhythm, and it's a matter of executing in late-inning situations.

"We still view our bullpen as a definite strength of our club, and I think over the course of this season, we'll experience and know that it will be a strength."

Worth noting
For his career, first baseman Adam Lind is hitting .423 (11-for-26) with five extra-base hits -- including two home runs -- and seven RBIs against Niemann.

The Blue Jays haven't won the season series against the Rays since going 12-6 against Tampa Bay in 2006. Prior to losing each of the last four (plus a tie in 2007), Toronto had lost just one of its first seven season series against the Rays.

lexecutioner
04-16-2012, 09:59 PM
man this is tough.. Rays arent playing that well right now as well. And if by any indication lately our bats are getting better. Starters as steady..

Ill be optimistic for 2-1

Ill say one of Morrow or Romero will lose
Im a Hendo fan so he will always win lol.

craigerlee
04-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Least we get to face probably their 2 worst starters Hellickson and Niemann. Unfortunately their both pretty decent.

WhatSayYou
04-16-2012, 10:15 PM
I think we definitely got the advantage game 1, Niemann is good but Romero is another level. Game 2 will be tough, Price has done pretty well against us, fortunately Morrow has given the Rays fits before. Game 3 is a toss up.

I say 2/3 :)

Pfeifer
04-16-2012, 10:18 PM
I said 2/3. It's a toss up though. I'm just hoping we can score some runs.

AA09-?
04-16-2012, 10:28 PM
I hope it's 2/3 so I'll go with my hope.

Converged
04-16-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm going with 2/3, with Morrow losing...we always seem to get dominated by Price. Regardless, this series could go either way. Let's hope our bats have come around and our BP has worked its kinks out.

DeRozan10
04-16-2012, 10:56 PM
I hope at least 2/3.

Hendo has deserved 2 wins so far. Hopefully he can grab it here.

Farsight
04-16-2012, 11:00 PM
I like that Morrow is performing well, and hes getting ground balls at a good rate, but he needs to start missing some bats. The best pitchers are those able to have a good ground ball rate while striking out a high percentage of batters... I hope Morrow doesnt just pitch to contact, as he would be pitching against his greatest strength

craigerlee
04-16-2012, 11:19 PM
I like that Morrow is performing well, and hes getting ground balls at a good rate, but he needs to start missing some bats. The best pitchers are those able to have a good ground ball rate while striking out a high percentage of batters... I hope Morrow doesnt just pitch to contact, as he would be pitching against his greatest strength

I don't mind him pitching more to contact with runners on base, the double plays this year are really helping him out. However, I want to see him go for the strikeout when no ones on the bases. I think that would be the best of both worlds.

Sanyo
04-16-2012, 11:22 PM
I just want Morrow to control his pitch count that's all -- could care less how he gets the outs, I just want him to do so and do it efficiently.

2009mvp
04-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Too lazy to dig up the pitchfx, but for the most part Morrow looked like a two pitch pitcher last start. Sure didn't look like he was throwing the cutter at all, from the TV cams all I saw were four-seamers and sliders.

AK-50
04-16-2012, 11:42 PM
pretty much like the boston series either they sweep us or we can take 2/3

Jays Claw
04-16-2012, 11:54 PM
I say we can take 2/3 games.

nithanyo
04-17-2012, 12:03 AM
This will be a test to our offence. IF we can score more than 4 runs off these guys especially price that would speak volume.

Plus were throwing our best three so its a must win series if we have playoff aspirations

bomber0104
04-17-2012, 12:34 AM
We've always been hopeful heading into a series against the Rays in the past and always end up getting crushed in some demoralizing fashion. Hopefully that will start to change this year.

This is not a good time to face these guys with our hitters just seemingly starting to find their groove. Hopefully, the Rays pitching doesn't send us back to our struggling ways.

Should be a fun series to see how we measure up against the best team i nthe division IMO

mtf
04-17-2012, 07:23 AM
I just predict wins in any game Romero, Drabek and Alvarez are pitching in, so predicting 2 out of a possible 3 wins for this series. Price vs. Morrow will be fun to watch, but I think Price will win.

Abdul Mutalib
04-17-2012, 09:26 AM
hard to call, i c our pitching pretty even at this point... could be a sweep going both ways depends on the bats.

Kenny Powders
04-17-2012, 10:31 AM
hard to call, i c our pitching pretty even at this point... could be a sweep going both ways depends on the bats.

Our pitching is not even close to being even. The Rays probably have one of, if not the, best pitching staffs in baseball.

nithanyo
04-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Our pitching is not even close to being even. The Rays probably have one of, if not the, best pitching staffs in baseball.

I think he meant in this series. It's funny cus it's our 1,2 and 3. Rays are throwing their 2, 4 and 5

mtf
04-17-2012, 10:57 AM
I think he meant in this series. It's funny cus it's our 1,2 and 3. Rays are throwing their 2, 4 and 5

Not that it matters, but it's the Blue Jays 1, 2 & 3 vs. Tampa Bay's 2, 3 & 4. Matt Moore is their 5th starter and he will not be pitching in this series.

Kyle Drabek has been arguably the Jays best starter of the 4-man rotation (it's-still-early-disclaimer, yada yada) and he will miss this series, just as Tampa's best starter, James Shields, will be watching from the dugout.

adid727
04-17-2012, 11:11 AM
pretty much like the boston series either they sweep us or we can take 2/3

:eyebrow: i say either they get 2/3 or we get 2/3. The price game is pretty much a lock for the rays. All he has to do is pitch around bautista and maybe EE and thats all. Complete game shutout.

es0terik
04-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Stupid 7 PM games :(

Abdul Mutalib
04-17-2012, 01:15 PM

Yea I meant the matchups in this series are pretty even with probably slight advantage goin to us cuz it's our 1, 2, & 3 as stated which shows how good tb's pitching is as they make it close... hope Adam Lind can get somthin goin as it seems he plays well against the rays and jb gets on track.

the_jon
04-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Stupid 7 PM games :(
Especially after an off day. Always makes it feel like forever until the next game.

the_jon
04-17-2012, 01:17 PM
This would be the perfect series for Jose to bust out of his slump.

es0terik
04-17-2012, 01:56 PM
This would be the perfect series for Jose to bust out of his slump.

What if he doesn't get out of his slump.... EVER. :smoking:

treeleaf
04-17-2012, 02:04 PM

Then we say thank god we didnt sign him to a mammoth vernon wells type contract.

bartron_44
04-17-2012, 02:22 PM
I love the ricky vs Niemann matchup tonight, and I love the way Alvarez has thrown the ball so far this year, so even though he faces Hellickson, I like that matchup too...and lastly,did everyone around here forget how much Morrow seems to love facing the Rays? ...17 K's ring a bell to anyone? I predict sweep. :)

DeRozan10
04-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Its a really nice feeling that with our pitching staff right now we can feel confident about winning every game. So far our 4 starters have been really good. Hopefully they can all put together great seasons

2009mvp
04-17-2012, 02:44 PM
The Rays were a lot more likable without scum like Josh Lueke/Luke Scott. Now I really hope the Jays kick their ***.

pebloemer
04-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Its a really nice feeling that with our pitching staff right now we can feel confident about winning every game. So far our 4 starters have been really good. Hopefully they can all put together great seasons

Yah, it's definitely something to be optimistic about. Though with the youth of Drabek and Alvarez in particular I'm trying not to get too carried away with my expectations of this rotation. I figure there has to be some bumps in the road as the season progresses.

bljay29
04-17-2012, 03:15 PM
some reason i think we will sweep the rays, bats maybe starting to come around and our top 3 pitchers going so being optimistic

2009mvp
04-17-2012, 03:15 PM
#Rays @ Jays: Jennings cf, Pena 1B, Longo 3B, Scott DH, Zobrist rf, Joyce lf, S-Rod 2B, Brignac SS, Gimenez c -- Niemann P

That's not a particularly good lineup against a LHP, tons of holes.

Luca68
04-17-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm pumped for this series let's go boyss :clap:

the_jon
04-17-2012, 04:05 PM
He pretty much already earned the contract :D

Durkan
04-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Voted 2/3 for the Jays. We need to at least split series with AL East teams if we want to be in contention

Jamiecballer
04-17-2012, 04:34 PM
have you ever actually checked out the Rays forum? it's hilarious.

Jays Claw
04-17-2012, 05:13 PM
1. Escobar, SS
2. Johnson, 2B
3. Bautista, RF
4. Lind, 1B
5. Encarnacion, DH
6. Thames, LF
7. Lawrie, 3B
8. Rasmus, CF
9. Arencibia

Romero, P

- Gameday

Jays Claw
04-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Farrell really needs to stop slotting Lind at clean-up. Drop him down to 6th spot while moving EE to hit 4th and Lawrie to hit 5th.

bomber0104
04-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Romero should be able to handle the Rays offense..

Jennings, Longo, Zobrist, and Rodriguez scare me and the rest should be easily handled by a lefty

Rogi10
04-17-2012, 05:58 PM
The Rays were a lot more likable without scum like Josh Lueke/Luke Scott. Now I really hope the Jays kick their ***.

I felt the exact same way when I heard Luke Scott signed. I also feel that way about the marlins, and their douche bag owner.

TO Rapz
04-17-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm pumped for this series let's go boyss :clap:

Stfu Lucas.

2009mvp
04-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Romero should be able to handle the Rays offense..

Jennings, Longo, Zobrist, and Rodriguez scare me and the rest should be easily handled by a lefty

Methinks the lefty stacked lineup is another unconventional Maddon strategy to take away Ricky's changeup. No idea if it's a sound one, but it is interesting.

Converged
04-17-2012, 06:18 PM
"#Rays with four LH in lineup vs #Jays LHP Romero tonight. Lefties hit .269 off Romero last year, RH hit .194."

Madden is a smart manager.

Converged
04-17-2012, 06:19 PM
"Curious why #Rays Maddon started 4 lefty hitters vs. #Jays LHP Romero? He said if he had them he would have started 9"

2009mvp
04-17-2012, 06:23 PM
"#Rays with four LH in lineup vs #Jays LHP Romero tonight. Lefties hit .269 off Romero last year, RH hit .194."

Well sure, but the fact remains that Pena, Joyce and Scott are all significantly worse against LHP than they are against righties (Brignac too, but he isn't very good against either). No idea how to quantify which is the more important advantage, which is why it's so iinteresting.

Abdul Mutalib
04-17-2012, 06:25 PM

yea, for sure. he's not your conventional old school by-the-book skipper. how else did u think they could compete in this league with their payroll other than their constant restocking of the farm?

craigerlee
04-17-2012, 06:33 PM
yea, for sure. he's not your conventional old school by-the-book skipper. how else did u think they could compete in this league with their payroll other than their constant restocking of the farm?

Maybe the fact they have a good team? Maddon is great but I don't think he makes them that much better.

bomber0104
04-17-2012, 06:35 PM
"Curious why #Rays Maddon started 4 lefty hitters vs. #Jays LHP Romero? He said if he had them he would have started 9"

Romero's changeup is a very important pitch for him and its much more effective vs. righties.. I also think that Romero's command is not as good against lefties. He struggles to command his fastball inside. I found that to be the case against Cleveland

AA09-?
04-17-2012, 06:38 PM
I hope we put it to the Rays tonight.

AA09-?
04-17-2012, 06:38 PM
God I hate Jamie Campbell!

BlueJaysFan
04-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Drew Doughty, from LONDON ONTARIO CANADA. Yeah I have no idea why hes a blue jays fan

Tmath
04-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Jamie Campbell just suggested that Jessie Chavez could be the 5th starter when we face the Royals. :(

jaysforever
04-17-2012, 06:46 PM
How about them jamming hockey down your throat during Blue Jays Central. Enjoying that?

Tmath
04-17-2012, 06:47 PM
How about them jamming hockey down your throat during Blue Jays Central. Enjoying that?

I hate hockey because of stuff like this.

Tmath
04-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Terrible lineup by Farrell.

EE should be cleanup & Thames should not be before Lawrie or Rasmus.

jaysforever
04-17-2012, 06:49 PM
I hate hockey because of stuff like this.

Tmath...me too! It really annoys me that they do this.

Abdul Mutalib
04-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Tmath...me too! It really annoys me that they do this.
whats new? we deal with it... on the other hand nhl playoffs have been pretty damn intense thus far

BlueJaysFan
04-17-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm disappointed in the turnout tonight here

Sanyo
04-17-2012, 07:03 PM
surprise surprise, edwin gets advice on his swing from someone other than dwayne murphy and its working out for him ...

WhatSayYou
04-17-2012, 07:06 PM
8-2 Jays!

AK-50
04-17-2012, 07:07 PM
just got home in time!

WhatSayYou
04-17-2012, 07:07 PM
ooh lots of lefties

BBB
04-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Let's go Rickaayyyyy

BlueJaysFan
04-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Go team

es0terik
04-17-2012, 07:10 PM
This match is going to be bittersweet for me. If Ricky does good I feel good as a Jays fan but half the Rays are on my fantasy team so it hurts me there.

BlueJaysFan
Nice pitch

AK-50
1st k for ricky ro

es0terik
:k: Got him!

StealingSigns
Nice k on the full count.

bomber0104
04-17-2012, 07:11 PM
good AB by jennings but nice work by ricky..

Those Jennings numbers vs. us are pretty sad considering he was a rookie

es0terik
surprise surprise, edwin gets advice on his swing from someone other than dwayne murphy and its working out for him ...

Lol, who?

the_jon
fish n chips + wings + jays game = win

es0terik
04-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Got him! What a throw!

BlueJaysFan
Wow

StealingSigns
Wow, what a throw by Jose...

AK-50
cannon of an arm

bomber0104
Yeah Jose... very stupid by Pena

Sanyo
Boom Bautista on a rope!

BlueJaysFan
Not even close

es0terik
That was a great hit too and Joey still gunned him down by a MILE. He never made it to the base.

Nick O
04-17-2012, 07:13 PM
lol nailed em

es0terik
That was scary. Is the ball carrying again?

bomber0104
Love Longo's non-chalant stance

BlueJaysFan
I would consider that a win. Pena gets a single for my fantasy team and then gets gunned trying to go for 2!

StealingSigns
Longoria just missed that

Nick O
solid inning.. get dem bats goin

WhatSayYou
Goooood play be Jose

AK-50
04-17-2012, 07:14 PM
jose probably saved a run so good inning

bomber0104
would love for the offense to show up early one of these game and give our starter som breathing room

bomber0104
If Lind can't have a big game today against Niemann (who he has dominated in the past), then there isn't much hope for him

Nick O
04-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Stfu Lucas.

I LOVE YOU!!!.. come on here more often :(

AK-50
04-17-2012, 07:15 PM
niemann looks like an *******

Sanyo
04-17-2012, 07:16 PM
"Kelly Johnson enjoying the popcorn" when its a TB player.

Buck Blunder.

bomber0104
Yunel is swinging at the first pitch a tonne this year it seems.. and the results haven't been so good

StealingSigns
niemann looks like an *******

:laugh2:

bomber0104
04-17-2012, 07:17 PM
"Kelly Johnson enjoying the popcorn" when its a TB player.

Buck Blunder.

its elliot Johnson but Buck doesn't care about 1st names

bomber0104
04-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Johnson looks to be on one of these strikeout streaks

AK-50
04-17-2012, 07:19 PM
welcome back!

Sanyo
Bautista bombbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb!

es0terik
BOOOOOOOMB! Wow!

BlueJaysFan
The MLB.TV Free game of the day has no scheduled video broadcast

WhatSayYou
Oh baby!

StealingSigns
That was absolutely crushed

Nick O
O.O ... uhhh bye

JermanJaysFan
Hahah Buck

bomber0104
wow Jose....

Shut up Buck that was ****ing disturbing

BlueJaysFan
And buck just jizzed

B-Ray
04-17-2012, 07:20 PM
I think Buck peed his pants a little there

BlueJaysFan
I just burst out laughing

leafswin2011
put a shift on that sucka

WhatSayYou
Oh my oh my, what a bomb!!

bomber0104
but its a fricken solo shot again.. we really need to start getting on base for these homeruns

AA09-?
Ohhhh yeeeahh!

StealingSigns
I wonder if Tabler had to wipe down the booth there....

es0terik
He's going to get two home runs today.

Sanyo
SEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOOOOOOoOOOOOO LATEeERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Could see that being a liner in some commercial argh.

bomber0104
not sure how smart the shift is .. Jose could wear out the right side if he wants .. there is 1 defender covering the whole area

AA09-?
04-17-2012, 07:21 PM
That was a ****en slaughtered!

es0terik
That was so awkward from Buck LOL

AK-50
The MLB.TV Free game of the day has no scheduled video broadcast

its not till 8....red vs cards

WhatSayYou
but its a fricken solo shot again.. we really need to start getting on base for these homeruns

lol can you enjoy anything bomber?

Sanyo
I wonder if Tabler had to wipe down the booth there....

Did that earlier today ...

AA09-?
i wonder if tabler had to wipe down the booth there....

lol

bomber0104
yeah boy Linda

AK-50
there you go lind

AA09-?
That a boy Lind.

Nick O
04-17-2012, 07:22 PM
not sure how smart the shift is .. Jose could wear out the right side if he wants .. there is 1 defender covering the whole area

orrr.. he could just hit it over the shift and into the stands..

Converged
I just burst out laughing

haha me too!

Luca68
i know im a little late but josee crusssshedd that

bomber0104

Just an obvservation.. we've hit tonnes of solo shots.. that whole series against baltimore could have been completely different if we could have gotten people on base

AA09-?
I don't think these jerseys will ever get old

es0terik
04-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Lind got a hit :clap:

BlueJaysFan
its not till 8....red vs cards

I know, but on the MLB At bat app every game has a scheduled video broadcast except that game which says "No scheduled video broadcast" but it'll probably show up eventually. Cant see the cardinals not having a broadcast lol

bomber0104
now that shift if could see working vs. EE..

AK-50
04-17-2012, 07:25 PM

he does have a point though we need to hit those with men on base.....but on otherhand its the fricken 1st inning so enjoy the runs as they come :D

bomber0104
04-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Red Sox facing Texas.. man them and Tampa have had a ridiculous schedule to start the year

Sanyo
the boston pizza commercials are some of the worst ever -- you would think that dragon den guy would know how to promote his brand -- must be that idiot arlene dickenson...

bomber0104
i hate Luke Scott from the days he used to wear out Halladay

AK-50
04-17-2012, 07:27 PM
got em

es0terik
:k:

AA09-?
Nice K by Romero!

Luca68
04-17-2012, 07:28 PM
hes not wearing out romero ^

JMac4PM
Luke Scotts swing is a dump!

StealingSigns
Scott goes down on strikes :)

bomber0104
LOL at Lind standing on the line.. that seems really stupid to me.. i mean you don't even trust him to go about a meter to his left

bomber0104
Zobrist is a great player.. almost every 2B in this division is

es0terik
04-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Zobrist walked :/

bomber0104
04-17-2012, 07:29 PM
that was ugly by Ricky

AK-50
04-17-2012, 07:30 PM
sick lind

es0terik
Epic double play lmao

Luca68
lind standing a foot off the line got it haha

greg_ory_2005
Great play by Lind!

BlueJaysFan
Double play ya

Sanyo
nice!

WhatSayYou
Haha Ricky getting bailed out

AA09-?
Nice snag by Lind...DP

bomber0104
that would work.. but Romero isn't looking that sharp early

bomber0104
04-17-2012, 07:31 PM
A-Gon with a hit in the 1st inning for my beat the streak.. now i need miggy

es0terik
04-17-2012, 07:31 PM
That Kit Kat commercial was so dumb...

greg_ory_2005
04-17-2012, 07:32 PM
anybody got any good mlb bets for tonight?

bomber0104
04-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Thames need to pick it up

es0terik
04-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Lawrie's batting 7th today..?

AK-50
04-17-2012, 07:34 PM
wow just foul

bomber0104
anybody got any good mlb bets for tonight?

if i wasn't broke, i would have had something to tell you

Nick O
Thames facial hair>>>>>>>>>>>> tampa bay

WhatSayYou
lol buck

greg_ory_2005
04-17-2012, 07:35 PM
lets go lawrie!

bomber0104
wtf was that Thames???

decision to send Snider down is looking worse and worse everyday.. just hoping the Jays see it

Nick O
eh.. at least he looks good

es0terik
04-17-2012, 07:36 PM
What a waste of a strike lol

Nick O
wtf was that Thames???

decision to send Snider down is looking worse and worse everyday.. just hoping the Jays see it

lol cause he struck out once? :facepalm: aha.

AK-50
eh.. at least he looks good

pause.....

es0terik
04-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Back-to-Back K's by the Jays

es0terik
Rasmus bomb is a-comin'

Sanyo
I guess Lawrie should go down to the minors too cause he struck out...

Luca68
if rasmus can get on basei dont even want to watch jp bat...

Sanyo
04-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Rasmus bomb is a-comin'

hope so!

Nick O
:
pause.....

:facepalm:

bomber0104
lol cause he struck out once? :facepalm: aha.

no because he has looked bad so far and his defense is always terrible.. id rather not see Davis facing a right hander in the 9th in a close game just because our lefty hitter can't be trusted to play defense late in games

Nick O
04-17-2012, 07:39 PM
I guess Lawrie should go down to the minors too cause he struck out...

I agree... anyone who strikes out today HAS to be sent down.. no excpetions

es0terik
Buck just said "Raspin hit it hard"

bomber0104
Rasmus isn't catching many breaks

Nick O
Ramus hits it high it's caught

Sanyo
04-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Buck just said "Raspin hit it hard"

Buck blunder..and a half...threw in the "hard" for tabby.

AK-50
the thing about snider is i dont wanna see him play good when he comes back then just struggles his way back to las vegas then do it again

bomber0104
I agree... anyone who strikes out today HAS to be sent down.. no excpetions

i'm not gonna get into this **** with you 2.. i've had enough with the other 2 the last gamethread..

I think Snider is the better player, we'll have to agree to disagree

Nick O
04-17-2012, 07:41 PM
... how does Buck keep his job?.. i mean is it because people enjoy hearing how dumb he sounds?

StealingSigns
What a snag by Johnson

bomber0104
Rays keep on hitting it hard

jon32
04-17-2012, 07:42 PM
I want buck and don cherry to do a show together where they just attempt to say people's names and stuff and not **** it up...... It would probably make a good drinking game somehow

bomber0104
broken bat ground ball.. thats more like it

StealingSigns
Rays keep on hitting it hard

As long as they continue to be outs :)

Nick O
also an important note though... Thames has awesome facial hair.... Snider has a mullet and a muffin top... did he at least shave that sanchez on his lip tho?

AK-50
... how does Buck keep his job?.. i mean is it because people enjoy hearing how dumb he sounds?

if he gets fired who else would say buck blunders?

Converged
Buck reminds me of my 90 year old, senile, great-uncle...you can't help but love him and just laugh at the blunders.

Nick O
04-17-2012, 07:43 PM
if he gets fired who else would say buck blunders?

true...

bomber0104
04-17-2012, 07:44 PM
LOL at Ricky still living with his parents.. good for him i guess

es0terik
Buck said Romero lives with his parents in such a degrading way lol "Still lives at home with his parents..."

bomber0104
thats a liner that wasn't caught

StealingSigns
I spoke too soon...

AK-50
also an important note though... Thames has awesome facial hair.... Snider has a mullet and a muffin top... did he at least shave that sanchez on his lip tho?

even though its a joke....:facepalm: not a way to pick a team because you like their facial hair

bomber0104
04-17-2012, 07:45 PM
got to get jennings out.. Pena is hot

AK-50
LOL at Ricky still living with his parents.. good for him i guess

he actually bought them a bigger house in a nice area and they all live together

jon32
I wonder if buck got fired if he'd pull a homer Simpson and chain himself to something in center field not provin anything cyz nobody cares

bomber0104
04-17-2012, 07:46 PM
3 in the books for Ricky..

es0terik
Lawrie's got an arm... the guy only throws frozen ropes.

TO Rapz
Yess Ricky. Pitching solid. *knock on wood*

bomber0104
he actually bought them a bigger house in a nice area and they all live together

Yeah i know that .. its just weird to hear a 25 year old millionaire athlete living with his parents..

es0terik
04-17-2012, 07:47 PM
What the hell? Roy Halladay as your first overall draft pick?

BlueJaysFan
04-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Damn in a few years we will have the best looking rotation in baseball in more ways then one

es0terik
Lansing is a friggin' goldmine right now

Nick O
even though its a joke....:facepalm: not a way to pick a team because you like their facial hair

.... what? ... really?... thats how I would do it... it used to work wonders for Oakland back in the day

AK-50
Yeah i know that .. its just weird to hear a 25 year old millionaire athlete living with his parents..

you can look at it like that or you can look at it like they live with him and they are a close family pretty sure whenever or if he gets married he will get his own place

Nick O
04-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Damn in a few years we will have the best looking rotation in baseball in more ways then one

gay

es0terik
Damn in a few years we will have the best looking rotation in baseball

Not if the Diamondbacks, Rays, Braves and Giants have something to say about that.

craigerlee

He doesn't live with them during the season which is like half the year, and plus he hasn't made all that much money to date. He doesn't start making mad coin till this season.

TO Rapz
Cmon JP get your **** together bud.

Nick O
J.P might get on base!!!!!!!!!!

AA09-?
Syndergaard, Nicolino, and Sanchez have litterly been untouchable so far.

es0terik
04-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Safe!

TO Rapz
Good hustle JP!

BlueJaysFan
Not if the Diamondbacks, Rays, Braves and Giants have something to say about that.

Did you not see how good looking they are? :drool:

Bob Loblaw
Jpa beat out the throw wow

AK-50
nice lol not often that happens to longo

AA09-?
JPa GREAT HUSTLE

Nick O
Evan "Meathands" Longoria

bomber0104
04-17-2012, 07:51 PM
lol JPA can't buy a hit

AA09-?
good eye yunel

bomber0104
i had no hope in JPA beating that.. but that was a terrible throw by Longo

es0terik
Btw Buck, what the hell is a "meat hand"?

bomber0104
no doubleplays please..

AA09-?
Arencibia aint running.

Nick O

aha thats what i was thinkin

WhatSayYou
04-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Why would they bunt/hit and run with their catcher at first??

AA09-?
i had no hope in JPA beating that.. but that was a terrible throw by Longo

he rushed it.

es0terik
Did you not see how good looking they are? :drool:

Syndergaard and Nicolino are damn sexy :drool:

AK-50

im guessing the glove less hand

jon32
Longoria gave him 5 steamboats and still just about got em

AA09-?
btw buck, what the hell is a "meat hand"?

lol

TO Rapz
Where the **** is Nick, he was begging me to come to this thread today. :laugh2:

es0terik
Another error by Longoria LOL

Bob Loblaw
2 straight errors

TO Rapz
Safe again, good job Longo

AK-50
again? wow longo is not having a good inning