04-16-2012, 03:22 PM
3. Bulls 4. Heat 5. Knicks 6. celtics

gonna be alot of fun come playoff time.

L@ker4Life
04-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Knicks at 5?!?!?! :speechless:

THE_G.O.A.T.
04-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Celtics should be ahead of the Knicks there.

ChicagoRox
04-16-2012, 03:41 PM
How good can the Hollinger Rating be if the 8th seed is right behind the first and second? There is a 15 w/l difference between them. I am not hating on the Knicks. I never put stock into Hollinger's stats and now I have a perfect example on why not to.

D-Leethal
04-16-2012, 03:43 PM
How good can the Hollinger Rating be if the 8th seed is right behind the first and second? There is a 15 w/l difference between them. I am not hating on the Knicks. I never put stock into Hollinger's stats and now I have a perfect example on why not to.

Aren't power rankings supposed to judge you on the here and now and not how you were playing months ago? Isn't that why they get update each week/month? Yea thought so.

Colts2180
04-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Knicks are better but not THAT much better. Pacers are 8-1 in April and are tied for the 5th best record in the league. 3rd seed in the East and recently beat the Knicks, Heat, and Thunder. Where the Hell are they at? These power rankings are bogus.

Evolution23
04-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Knicks at 5 yeahh buddy!

kdspurman
04-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Aren't power rankings supposed to judge you on the here and now and not how you were playing months ago? Isn't that why they get update each week/month? Yea thought so.

Actually no. Not Hollinger's Rankings. His get updated every day and are based off of Formula's and what not by Hollinger

"These rankings are based on a formula I devised, and they are updated every day, automatically."

Stein (on ESPN) does them weekly based on how a team has performed that week.

Still helps your argument, but clearing it up for you a little ;)

blastmasta26
04-16-2012, 03:52 PM
If the power rankings are based off of right now, I like it but I think Celtics are better. With a healthy Lin and Amare, it's a different story.

Evolution23
04-16-2012, 03:55 PM
If the Knicks beat the Celtics on Tuesday and have a good week we can pass the Celtics officially

Sinestro
04-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Can the playoffs start already?

nate2usmc
04-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Knicks are NOT better than the Celtics. If anything, Celtics should be right behind the Bulls, the way they have been playing lately.

nate2usmc
04-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Can the playoffs start already?

That would be awesome considering the Knicks could lose their way out of the playoffs (I hope not! :pray: )

JEDean89
04-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Actually no. Not Hollinger's Rankings. His get updated every day and are based off of Formula's and what not by Hollinger

"These rankings are based on a formula I devised, and they are updated every day, automatically."

i'm pretty sure hollinger's formula heavily weighs recent gameplay

D-Leethal
04-16-2012, 07:06 PM

I was actually talking about power rankings in general. As in the ESPN, NBA, Hollinger etc...

They are either weekly or monthly and are supposed to give you an up to date idea as to 'whos hot and whos not' at that specific time in the season.

I wasn't aware Hollinger was continuously updated daily so thats good to know.

Punk
04-16-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm sure if Boston didn't lose to Toronto this week, they would have been ahead of us.

Raph12
04-16-2012, 10:05 PM

His rankings are based of metrics using SOS, PT-Differential, Deff, Oeff, etc to calculate where a team should rank, regardless of their current W/L record... The Knicks have a projected record (what their record should look like if it was an even playing field) of 36-24, which is good for 7th league-wide.

They've played well and aren't an easy team to beat by any standards.

beasted86
04-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Didn't Hollinger also predict Denver would be the 2nd seed in the West.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
04-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Why can't basketball be just basketball, just like 10 years ago?

Captain Moroni
04-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Interesting stuff