PDA

View Full Version : Is Lebron the most versatile defender of all-time?

Longhornfan1234
04-16-2012, 02:55 PM
I think so... He can guard 1-4 and some centers.

KG and Pippen are pretty close.

Thoughts?

Swashcuff
04-16-2012, 02:58 PM
No

gaughan333
04-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Enough of these threads...to answer your qestion, No I don't think he is

Fly
04-16-2012, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't call him the most versatile of all time. He's up there, though.

kdspurman
04-16-2012, 03:04 PM
No.

Pippen was great. Bowen did the same, but he did it throughout his duration of the game, whereas Lebron may start/finish a game defending the other teams best player, but never throughout the whole game.

KG is very versatile as you mentioned but comparing him to a SF is not really a fair comparison.

Hell even Gary Payton was able to guard multiple positions for his size.

HouRealCoach
04-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Yeah He's up there cause I've seen him hold Rose, Kobe, Pau Gasol, Pierce, etc.

But I think it's Ron Artest...

P-O-Z
04-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Earl Boykins for the win. FTW

haggis
04-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Iman Shumpert.

Cal827
04-16-2012, 03:09 PM
Dwayne Wade :D

/
Thread

:dance:

lakers4sho
04-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Coop

Larry said coop was the only one who bothered him on defense

ewing
04-16-2012, 03:16 PM

Thoughts?

Prime Rodman

GiantsSwaGG
04-16-2012, 03:25 PM
He's able to guard almost anyone expect Melo, Durant, & Bryant!

llemon
04-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Gus Johnson

JordansBulls
04-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Heck no. Not when you getting lit up by guys like Rafer Alston in the 2009 series vs Orlando, Rajon Rondo or Paul Pierce in 2010 (whomever Lebron was guarding was the go to man in that series), and then of course Jason Terry in 2011 and then John Lucas III this year.

Cfrey
04-16-2012, 03:29 PM

Lol you are just stupid... did Durant not have 9 turnovers the last time they played the Heat?? and lebron outscored him.. you aren't gonna hold superstars to below 10 points but if you get the win and you hamper their play then yeah its considered good

and to the OP yes LeBron is probably the versatile defend ever.

Tymathee
04-16-2012, 03:32 PM
no, Ron is the most versitile defender, he can play against nearly any PG, SG, SF and even PF's, even now. When there's a guy the Lakers need stopped or slowed, they move Ron to him and he messes with them.

Against Dallas, when west was goin off, teh put ron on him and slowed him down. Look at the 2 games against the thunder, durant isnt' the one who won it, it was westbrook.

look at what ron did to lebron, paul pierce in the finals, any good SF tbh, he's held them under their average. Dudes a beast defensively, even aginst slower opponents.

sep11ie
04-16-2012, 03:38 PM
L.o.l.

naps
04-16-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't know if he's already the best of all time but he's up there right on the very top of that list with very few others.

D-Leethal
04-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Rodman

Sadds The Gr8
04-16-2012, 03:48 PM
**** no

godolphins
04-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Heck no. Not when you getting lit up by guys like Rafer Alston in the 2009 series vs Orlando, Rajon Rondo or Paul Pierce in 2010 (whomever Lebron was guarding was the go to man in that series), and then of course Jason Terry in 2011 and then John Lucas III this year.

Do you know what lit up means? John Lucas scored a total of two points on Lebron in that game and you think he lit him up :facepalm:

Here's the video if you don't believe me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnO3tLv8jHc&feature=related

SportsFanatic10
04-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Dwayne Wade :D

/
Thread

hahaha this just because of who the OP is.

GiantsSwaGG
Lol you are just stupid... did Durant not have 9 turnovers the last time they played the Heat?? and lebron outscored him.. you aren't gonna hold superstars to below 10 points but if you get the win and you hamper their play then yeah its considered good

and to the OP yes LeBron is probably the versatile defend ever.

WOW one game

What happen the 1st time they meet when the Thunder won d******??

Like I said, besides those guys, Lebron can guard almost anybody in the league & besides melo (even do he embarrassed him for 42 points), the rest of those guys beat him

Take Lebrons **** out your mouth before you post, you wouldn't have to sound like a troll!

SportsFanatic10
lebrons definately up there though, but not sure if the best.

blastmasta26
04-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Jared ****ing Jeffries boy :)

meloman1592
04-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Tayshaun prince was the most versatile defender in the L when he was in his prime

Swashcuff
04-16-2012, 04:17 PM
I wonder what the names Bobby Jones, Michael Cooper, Sidney Moncrief, Bruce Bowen and of course Dennis Rodman means to the OP.

blastmasta26
04-16-2012, 04:24 PM
I wonder what the names Bobby Jones, Michael Cooper, Sidney Moncrief, Bruce Bowen and of course Dennis Rodman means to the OP.
The only names that matter to the OP are LeBron and Wade.

Swashcuff
04-16-2012, 04:26 PM
The only names that matter to the OP are LeBron and Wade.

I think he's secretly working for Bleacher Report.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/712113-defense-wins-championships-lebron-james-versatility-is-second-to-none

LeBron James: Is He the Best Perimeter Defender of All-Time?

Chronz
04-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Rodman

mjm07
04-16-2012, 04:36 PM
WOW one game

What happen the 1st time they meet when the Thunder won d******??

Like I said, besides those guys, Lebron can guard almost anybody in the league & besides melo (even do he embarrassed him for 42 points), the rest of those guys beat him

Take Lebrons **** out your mouth before you post, you wouldn't have to sound like a troll!

Negative. Shane Battier predominently guarded Melo from quarter 1-3. In the 4th, LBJ took over...Melo scored one bucket = 3 pts.

LBJ's not the best but if he keeps it up can go down as one of the best of all time. Way to early for that though.

Also, i've said this before, no one can stop superstars from scoring, maybe for a quarter or even a game but for the most part Superstars will alway win against elite defenders.

LBJ more than holds his own against the elite. Durant/Melo can't say the same.

mjm07
04-16-2012, 04:41 PM

This.

Sinestro
04-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Give me prime Rodman, Pippen and KG

Meaze_Gibson
04-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Negative. Shane Battier predominently guarded Melo from quarter 1-3. In the 4th, LBJ took over...Melo scored one bucket = 3 pts.

LBJ's not the best but if he keeps it up can go down as one of the best of all time. Way to early for that though.

Also, i've said this before, no one can stop superstars from scoring, maybe for a quarter or even a game but for the most part Superstars will alway win against elite defenders.

LBJ more than holds his own against the elite. Durant/Melo can't say the same.

We didnt see same game. Bron started off on Melo and Melo was killing him. Blowing by him. Tipping in his on misses. Getting bumped while hitting jumpers. Bron also got into slight foul trouble which is why Battier came in. In 4th, Melo started it off with a tough fall away. So there is no way he only scored 3 points on Bron

LakersMaster24
04-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Prime Ron Artest.

He would probably guard 1-4 easily, and a lot of centers as well. Although there are many others such as Rodman or Cooper that can make a legitimate case as well.

Lakers + Giants
04-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Prime Ron Artest.

He would probably guard 1-4 easily, and a lot of centers as well.Although there are many others such as Rodman or Cooper that can make a legitimate case as well.

This! I don't agree with the center part but yea, IMO Prime Artest is a more versatile defender than Lebron.

shep33
04-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Scottie Pippen > Lebron as a defender

I've never seen anything like Scottie before in my life. His long *** arms and quickness was ridiculous. Shuts down anybody 1-5. I've seen him shut down Ewing on multiple possessions. Need someone to stop the opposing pg? Put Scottie on him, full court pressure.

Guy was a different beast on defense. He also never gets tired.

Prime Ron Artest? Prime Shane Battier?

Bruce Bowen?

Meaze_Gibson
04-16-2012, 04:57 PM
But yeah its most likely Pip and Ron Artest. Pippen guarded 1-4. Magic, Bird, guarded Malone for stretches, chased Reggie for stretches. Dude was unbelievable defensively.

koberulesall
04-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Rodman is the best Defensive player that ever played

ManRam
04-16-2012, 05:00 PM

You're a riot.

He hardly guarded Rafer that series, and even so, Rafer shot 37% that series. Rafer was God awful. He had one good game, one decent game and 4 AWFUL games. But yeah, he sure "lit up LeBron" :laugh:

Oh wow! John Lucas III scored a few points against LeBron in ONE GAME therefore he can't be in the discussion.

You style of arguing lately, which consists of picking and choosing TINY sample sizes to make your claim is laughable...especially when you use the Lucas example (LeBron guarded him for what, like 2-3 possessions?) and the Rafer Alston argument. Also, blaming him for BOTH Pierce and Rondo...when I'm pretty sure he can only guard one of them at a time (and it's Pierce way more often than not).

Come on JB. At least go back to numbers or something...it's better than this.

Most versatile defender EVER? No way. "Ever" is a bit strong.

He's closer to being the most versatile defender ever than best defender ever, so I guess it's not too laughable. He's hands down the most versatile defender going right now...and since MWP kinda fell off slightly. But ever? Come on now...

Guys like Bowen weren't more "versatile" than LeBron, but they were better. Bowen couldn't guard bigs like LeBron can. Really, the only people who could claim this probably are SFs.

JordansBulls
04-16-2012, 05:00 PM
We didnt see same game. Bron started off on Melo and Melo was killing him. Blowing by him. Tipping in his on misses. Getting bumped while hitting jumpers. Bron also got into slight foul trouble which is why Battier came in. In 4th, Melo started it off with a tough fall away. So there is no way he only scored 3 points on Bron

This. Not to mention Lebron has been getting killed by some chuckers as well such as Rafer Alston and Jason Terry.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 05:02 PM
:facepalm: what a joke

LakersMaster24
04-16-2012, 05:05 PM
This! I don't agree with the center part but yea, IMO Prime Artest is a more versatile defender than Lebron.

The center part might be a stretch but the guy was and is definitely strong enough to stop SOME centers.

bbcmillionaire
04-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Ugh lol every one wants to crown someone the greatest blank ever just so they can say they witnessed it

Chronz
04-16-2012, 05:20 PM
You're a riot.

He hardly guarded Rafer that series, and even so, Rafer shot 37% that series. Rafer was God awful. He had one good game, one decent game and 4 AWFUL games. But yeah, he sure "lit up LeBron" :laugh:

Oh wow! John Lucas III scored a few points against LeBron in ONE GAME therefore he can't be in the discussion.

You style of arguing lately, which consists of picking and choosing TINY sample sizes to make your claim is laughable...especially when you use the Lucas example (LeBron guarded him for what, like 2-3 possessions?) and the Rafer Alston argument. Also, blaming him for BOTH Pierce and Rondo...when I'm pretty sure he can only guard one of them at a time (and it's Pierce way more often than not).

Come on JB. At least go back to numbers or something...it's better than this.

Most versatile defender EVER? No way. "Ever" is a bit strong.

He's closer to being the most versatile defender ever than best defender ever, so I guess it's not too laughable. He's hands down the most versatile defender going right now...and since MWP kinda fell off slightly. But ever? Come on now...

Guys like Bowen weren't more "versatile" than LeBron, but they were better. Bowen couldn't guard bigs like LeBron can. Really, the only people who could claim this probably are SFs.
I said the same thing the other day, I chalked it up to him never getting the chance to fully enjoy the art of trolling but he corrected me on that and said he was being 4 serious.

Chronz
04-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Rodman laughs at Pippen and Artest being able to guard 1-4

UPRock
04-16-2012, 05:26 PM
He's my favorite player and a good defender but not the best of all time, no way in hell.

Meaze_Gibson
04-16-2012, 05:27 PM
This. Not to mention Lebron has been getting killed by some chuckers as well such as Rafer Alston and Jason Terry.

Knicks game hurt his DPOY in my head. When I think of DPOY I think of full court D like Gary Payton and Pippen played. I think of Rodman not letting his defender get any space. I think of a prime Battier applying different tactics and blocking the vision of the player. I do think Lebron is a better post defender than perimeter but to me his D is not the same as others. The other greats took defense personal.

ManRam
04-16-2012, 05:29 PM

Stop with the Rafer Alston thing. That seriously has me thinking you're just messing around with us. No offense, but "Rafer Alston lit up LeBron" is one of the most laughable arguments I've heard in a while. OMG! He had one good game against the Cavs in 2009! It's all LeBron's fault...regardless of the fact that he probably guarded Alston maybe 3-4 possessions a game.

Unreal. I KNOW you watched that series, so I don't know where this is coming from.

And please...how much did LeBron guard Terry in the Finals.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Knicks game hurt his DPOY in my head. When I think of DPOY I think of full court D like Gary Payton and Pippen played. I think of Rodman not letting his defender get any space. I think of a prime Battier applying different tactics and blocking the vision of the player. I do think Lebron is a better post defender than perimeter but to me his D is not the same as others. The other greats took defense personal.

You mean when melo went 1-6 in the 4th agasint lebron, yea that killed his chances. If anything that game made chandler look bad.

Bring The Heat
04-16-2012, 05:35 PM

Are u kidding me bro? John Lucas III? He scored a few points on LeBron and lebron only guarded him 2-3 possessions. Lucas hit that tough shot on lebron but that was about it. LOL

Meaze_Gibson
04-16-2012, 06:19 PM
You mean when melo went 1-6 in the 4th agasint lebron, yea that killed his chances. If anything that game made chandler look bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0AuVAWIr7k

Melo scored about half his points on Lebron. 15 of which were made baskets. and the others are free throws of which Lebron was out of position.
You can twist this how you want, but dude was unguardable out there and everybody saw it.

Great defenders don't allow an old battier to help save face. They take the challenge.

GiantsSwaGG
04-16-2012, 06:20 PM

Melo still had 42 points whicg isn't a good look even though he did lock him down in the 4th...at the end of the day Melo schooled Lebron...speaking of 4th quarters, Lebron might be the easiest to guard in the 4th since he disappears!

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Melo still had 42 points whicg isn't a good look even though he did lock him down in the 4th...at the end of the day Melo schooled Lebron...speaking of 4th quarters, Lebron might be the easiest to guard in the 4th since he disappears!

cool, he hit the dagger yesterday:cool:

Meaze_Gibson
04-16-2012, 06:25 PM

Also, Wade was the one who made the tough baskets down the stretch. As you know, I'm a fan of Miami but a realist. And the reality is, this year, Lebron still needs work with perimeter players who can shoot and drive.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Also, Wade was the one who made the tough baskets down the stretch. As you know, I'm a fan of Miami but a realist. And the reality is, this year, Lebron still needs work with perimeter players who can shoot and drive.

Didn't know that but cool:hi5: Melo was on fire yesterday, he abused battier all game, but in the end when his team needed baskets bron did a fine job on him imo.

alexander_37
04-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Chuck Hayes. No one else in the league could take Bynum in the post and shut down Paul Pierce in iso at the 3point line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqk2LW2vHZ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL8JIVrWUEA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6f5Uyu6Dv4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbRZZLD48B4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_rYIzgGXOg

GiantsSwaGG
04-16-2012, 06:39 PM

:cool: yeah, how did Lebron do yesterday? Did he score more than 2 points?

GiantsSwaGG
04-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Didn't know that but cool:hi5: Melo was on fire yesterday, he abused battier all game, but in the end when his team needed baskets bron did a fine job on him imo.

Yeah, but when Bron team needed baskets, wade provided that as usually when Lebron was on the bench!

AIRMAR72
04-16-2012, 06:42 PM
best ive seen are Anthony Mason, Dennis Rodman, Bruce Bowman,Scottie Pippen AND Antonio Davis also hakeem

lakers4sho
04-16-2012, 06:50 PM
cmon, Rafer Alston CLEARLY lit up lebron :laugh2:

Chronz
04-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Stop with the Rafer Alston thing. That seriously has me thinking you're just messing around with us. No offense, but "Rafer Alston lit up LeBron" is one of the most laughable arguments I've heard in a while. OMG! He had one good game against the Cavs in 2009! It's all LeBron's fault...regardless of the fact that he probably guarded Alston maybe 3-4 possessions a game.

Unreal. I KNOW you watched that series, so I don't know where this is coming from.

And please...how much did LeBron guard Terry in the Finals.

He was clamping down on JET the first 2 games, he wasnt the only one assigned to him but he took the role on in big stretches. Its why Jet gave him props but challenged to see if he could keep doing it, Bron couldnt.

And JB is right about Alston torching Bron, it was a decision made by Brown to put Bron on the only non-shooter the Magic had so that he could help out. I dont think it lasted long but Alston took full advantage of the space Bron gave him. Everyone plays Alston that way, it was just one of those fluke games. If you ask me Brown should have stuck with that gameplan but it did leave the midget guards vulnerable.

Swashcuff
04-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Chuck Hayes. No one else in the league could take Bynum in the post and shut down Paul Pierce in iso at the 3point line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqk2LW2vHZ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL8JIVrWUEA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6f5Uyu6Dv4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbRZZLD48B4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_rYIzgGXOg

Did you really just say that Chuck Hayes is the most versatile scorer of all time? I mean do you have any other gene in your body other than a homer gene? You saying Chuck Hayes is the most versatile defender of all time is like my saying Allen Iverson is the best shooter in the history of the game.

alexander_37
04-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Did you really just say that Chuck Hayes is the most versatile scorer of all time? I mean do you have any other gene in your body other than a homer gene? You saying Chuck Hayes is the most versatile defender of all time is like my saying Allen Iverson is the best shooter in the history of the game.

Defender. Of all time prob not, in the league right now he is up there.

I probably have some genes that control hair growth and what not. Like maybe 3?

Anyways, name one other player in the league that could take on Bynum, Garnett, and Amar'e in the post and then take on Pierce in iso at the 3 point line. Not many 3's can even go one on one with Pierce in Iso.

Swashcuff
04-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Defender. Of all time prob not, in the league right now he is up there.

I probably have some genes that control hair growth and what not. Like maybe 3?

He's a solid defender... matter of a fact among bigs he's one of the best individually but in terms of versatility he really only guards the PF/C effectively. He really doesn't ever defend against perimeter players while LeBron, Iggy, Tony Allen and Bradley for example all guard 3-4 different positions.

Swashcuff
04-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Anyways, name one other player in the league that could take on Bynum, Garnett, and Amar'e in the post and then take on Pierce in iso at the 3 point line. Not many 3's can even go one on one with Pierce in Iso.

We get it he's solid individually and I'm pretty certain that Taj Gibson and Nick Collison would hold their own quite effectively in spurts against Garnett, Amar'e and Bynum.

How many possessions did Hayes play Pierce as well? He did a great job of staying in front of him but we're not talking about Derrick Rose or Russell Westbrook here. Its not Hayes' calling card to be locking down perimeter players late in games.

naps
04-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Jesus! JB = A supreme example of an ex-MOD transforming into a certified troll. His trolling on LeBron has been unprecedented.

mdm692
04-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Grant hill does the same except instead of using freakish athletic ability he takes away the opposing players angles which is a bit more difficult.

TylerSL
04-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Lebron is one of the most versatile basketball players ever, not just defender. I doubt he is number 1, I cant say for sure but probably not. Now I will give you one you will really like :) Wade is also the best shot blocking guard of all time

Raph12
04-16-2012, 10:08 PM
He's top 5-10.

BALLER R
04-16-2012, 10:21 PM

lol the ones that really matter

b@llhog24
04-16-2012, 11:08 PM
No.

KingPosey
04-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Magic Johnson could play all positions on both sides of the floor at times.

kobebabe
04-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Iam sick and tired of these Lebron james threads every freaking minute! Is he the only player in NBA! This **** got to ****ing stop!!!
And no he is not.
Ron is

Swashcuff
04-17-2012, 11:13 AM
People who are saying Ron Artest is so versatile and is the most ever OBVIOUSLY never saw prime Rodman or even took a chance to do some research on Bobby Jones.

MickeyMgl
04-17-2012, 11:21 AM

Thoughts?

Dennis Rodman has this, hands down.

Also, Magic Johnson's defense was better than most people give him credit for, and he did guard every position. Not the best, but if we're just talking versatility...

ManRam
04-17-2012, 11:58 AM
He was clamping down on JET the first 2 games, he wasnt the only one assigned to him but he took the role on in big stretches. Its why Jet gave him props but challenged to see if he could keep doing it, Bron couldnt.

And JB is right about Alston torching Bron, it was a decision made by Brown to put Bron on the only non-shooter the Magic had so that he could help out. I dont think it lasted long but Alston took full advantage of the space Bron gave him. Everyone plays Alston that way, it was just one of those fluke games. If you ask me Brown should have stuck with that gameplan but it did leave the midget guards vulnerable.

The point is that JB is basing this off of a few games. Alston had one huge game that series...ONE. That's really all that bothers me about that logic.

LeBron guarded Hedo far more often than he guarded Alston anyways...

ManRam
04-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Grant hill does the same except instead of using freakish athletic ability he takes away the opposing players angles which is a bit more difficult.

Does it really matter HOW you do it?

I don't get why "getting by" based on athleticism is used to knock players. All that matters are the results. I don't care how or why someone is a great defender, so long as they are. If Grant Hill and LeBron James are equal defenders, they are equal defenders...and how or why they got to that level doesn't knock one below or above the other.

:shrug:

PHX2daDEATH
04-17-2012, 12:20 PM
No.. and wheres the Shawn Marion Love at?

beasted86
04-17-2012, 12:39 PM
People will find the most psychotic and idiotic backwards logic to support their agenda even when it defies all common sense. What he said is basically like saying Camby is a better defensive Center than Dwight Howard because Camby is 38 yrs old and lost most his athleticism. :crazy:

Some people here must make posts while doing all sorts of drugs.

Anyway... on topic, no, LeBron is not the most versatile defender of all-time. I'd say Pippen is.

smith&wesson
04-17-2012, 12:46 PM

Thoughts?

there is no way lebron will get credit where its due on psd. its insanity to even try and big him up.

my answer is yes he is amongst the best. specially for a guy who isnt just a defensive specialsit.

i would say pippen was a great defender 1-4. marion in his prime could essentially gaurd 1-4.

hakeem alajuwan was a great defender and doesnt get credit where its due in that regard.

kg is right up there

but I think the rodman was incredible at gaurding players 1-5. imo he was the best.

guys like battier and bowen were good too but they were more like specialists and arent exactly super stars. other guys mentioned above excelled at D but offered their team soo much more then just that.

Stinkyoutsider
04-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Don't know if he is the most, but he probably is the best I've seen since Pippen and Payton. One of the most versatile ever, maybe? One of the best ever, not so much...

He's the best going today, but there's a few defenders I would take before James, and they may be just as versatile. Michael Cooper comes to mind. I've seen Pippen guard just about every position and lock up some great scorers in the process...

jammastershake
04-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Iguodala is better.

ManningToTyree
04-17-2012, 01:22 PM
No.

Chronz
04-17-2012, 01:54 PM
The point is that JB is basing this off of a few games. Alston had one huge game that series...ONE. That's really all that bothers me about that logic.

LeBron guarded Hedo far more often than he guarded Alston anyways...
I await his response

SpeeMN
04-17-2012, 02:17 PM
We can't forget about the old timers. This also makes it hard for the best centers of all-time to be called 'Versitile':

Kevin Garnet
Scottie Pippen
Ron Artest
Lebron James
Michael Jordan
Julius Erving
Elvin Hayes
Gary Payton
Jason Kidd
Dennis Rodman
Kobe Bryant
Karl Malone
Larry Bird
Walt Frazier
Sidney Moncrief
Larry Nance
Shawn Marion
Eddie Jones
Michael Cooper

Thats off the top of my head so there's more of um...

daleja424
04-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Yes... he is.

I can't think of a single guy ever that could guard 1-5 effectively. He is quick enough to guard small players and strong enough for the big guys.

That kind of versitility has rarely, if ever, been seen.

Is he the best defender? no.... but most versitile? you betcha!

MickeyMgl
04-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Yes... he is.

I can't think of a single guy ever that could guard 1-5 effectively. He is quick enough to guard small players and strong enough for the big guys.

That kind of versitility has rarely, if ever, been seen.

Is he the best defender? no.... but most versitile? you betcha!

Can't think of Dennis Rodman?

Magic Johnson? (Like you said, maybe not the best, but most versatile.)

MrfadeawayJB
04-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Rodman

thread/

joe1nas
04-17-2012, 10:33 PM
**** no get off his dick this website dickrides lebron so much jason terry shitted on him in the finals