PDA

View Full Version : Shumpert on Heat: It's obvious we can beat them"

Wade>You
04-16-2012, 12:35 PM
“It’s obvious we can beat them,’’ said Knicks rookie guard Iman Shumpert, who made Wade work all day. “We just got to do so. If it takes us facing them in the playoffs, then that’s what it takes.’’

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_burned_ydfChBTkOH360FV1jFhlUI#ixzz1sDnlAQ5b

The Heat instill fear and doubt into their opponents.

kntresistheheat
04-16-2012, 12:40 PM
How did he make wade work? Didn't wade score like 30 points? I don't think no team should fear another team.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 12:47 PM
LMFAO,

28pts on 10-18 shooting.

PLease let us face them in the first round, it will be a blood bath and give the heat the intensity and confidence we will need to go through the east.

the unknown
04-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Shumpert is pretty cocky .. in a 7 game series as a knicks fan I think we match up better against the bulls .. unless stat gets to form

Rain 816
04-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Rain816 on Shumpert: "Its obvious your an idiot"

Jemikz9Clutch
04-16-2012, 02:28 PM
meh. this is no biggie. you dont hear players say they cant beat a team.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_burned_ydfChBTkOH360FV1jFhlUI#ixzz1sDnlAQ5b

The Heat instill fear and doubt into their opponents.

So ****ing sarcastic... Seriously GTFO

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 02:32 PM
^+1

Mr. Baller
04-16-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't understand, what did you want him to say? We suck and we will never beat the Heat?

JNoel
04-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Lol shumpert In 38 minutes went 1-4 3 points and let wade score 28 enough said...

JNoel
04-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Plus I want us to play the Knicks in the playoffs when stoudemire comes back and they start sucking again

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 04:54 PM
knicks would be a nice warmup for the heat

h2r09
04-16-2012, 05:30 PM
i didn't want to play them in the first round simply because they can steal a game with talent, but now i want to play them because their fans are ******** and delusional and i want to keep their decade plus streak without a playoff win alive.

beasted86
04-16-2012, 05:46 PM
May sound cocky to some fans, but I don't have a problem with him saying it at all.

RCarlson85
04-16-2012, 05:48 PM
If we end up playing them in the 1st round, I hope Amare comes back. They are way more dysfunctional with more stars. They were playing good last year with just Amare and then they struggled to play together once Melo was added. This year they started off slowly with Amare/Melo. Once Melo got injured, then the Knicks played well with Amare and Lin. Then Melo comes back and he can't play with Lin. Now Melo looks good without Lin and Amare. It's a cycle that all boils down to the fact that their stars can't play together.

Slimsim
04-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Bring it on *****es Shump > Heats

just joking not really

Khri
04-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Who cares what Shumper thinks? He's just as delusional as the Knicks fanbase

Kuya_Clive
04-16-2012, 09:14 PM
as of now, you guys would play the Knicks...MIA too much for NY imo

gotoHcarolina52
04-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Cute

flashwade03
04-16-2012, 10:21 PM
i actualy like this guy ..now he got my attention ..

Evolution23
04-17-2012, 03:36 AM
ain't nothing wrong with some trash talking. only sensitive lil *****es would take it personally.

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 09:51 AM
^would be different if we you guys won a game vs us and he wasnt a rookie, now if we meet up he's just going to be wade's whipping boy

NoahH
04-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Heat would sweep the Knicks

MTL_123
04-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Hahahahahahahaha come on shumpssssss get more then 3pts n hold your man to less the 28 then start talking. Hahahahaahahahahahahah

MTL_123
04-17-2012, 08:19 PM
ain't nothing wrong with some trash talking. only sensitive lil *****es would take it personally.

I'm not trying to diss. U guys or anything but u guys should talk **** about people being sensitive cuz u guys went. Crazy wen people talked **** about shumper or cuz some guy on espn ranked u guys 7th before the season started u. Guys were *****ing like. Crazy. ****ing blackberry puting periods everywhere

naps
04-18-2012, 04:02 AM
I can only imagine Shumpert guarding a playoff Wade. Wade will tear him apart.

gotoHcarolina52
04-18-2012, 05:30 AM
Iman Shumpert: 3 points
Dwyane Wade: 28 points

Advantage Dwyane Wade.

flashwade03
04-18-2012, 08:41 AM
does this shumpert even worth comparing ? really,wade vs shumpert ?
come on !

meloman1592
04-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Not trying to troll but are you guys mad at who said it, or the fact that he said it? Because either way he's right. Would the Knicks beat the Heat in a series, the odds are against them but it's not impossible. Is Shumpert supposed to say "Damn Miami is too good, I'm scared to face them"? Why play in the NBA if you're not confident....and he said "can beat them" not "WILL" beat them. Any team can beat their opponent on a given night.

Secondly, I understand that Shumpert did not play well vs Miami but he's no scrub. He will not play that bad throughout the course of a series. My question, would you guys have had this same reaction if Melo said it...cause it sounds like some of you are getting at the idea that Shump doesn't have the right to say it...So does Melo?

This is a serious post..not trolling or baiting or talking trash..jus want some thoughts

Aytriickz
04-18-2012, 02:55 PM
who said melo would have the right to say it as well ? No one the fact is he said it in a cocky manner to our point of view we have every right to complain about it cause we feel that his gettin a head of himself if melo had said it it would be no different saying its "obvious " the fact is its not . First when everyone thought that Knicks were stronger cause of lin's rising vs the heat ... You guys got shut down and now under Woodson you put up a better fight won 9 straight at Home then lose to the heat none of that make it " obvious " while the heat were struggling on the road and with an unbalanced rotation throughout the game and the heat aren't at they're best cause of it , with a set rotation it'll be a different story now you guys can beat us but ATM you haven't Played a complete heat and amare don't make it different for you guys . At any point he has every right to say that if he had said it in a proper manner t would have been different and his no scrub hell be a rising star in the futur and that **** article saying he made him work after wade got 28 that day ...... Smh ....

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 02:57 PM
no biggie, wade will take a few more dumps on this rookie 2 weeks from now.

TylerSL
04-18-2012, 04:29 PM
The Knicks beat Miami? They could never. Not now, not next year, not ever when we have the team we do. The Knicks expect things to change for them yet they refuse to change their style of play. The Knicks have been **** for a decade and now that they are at .500 they think they are hot ****. They think they are soooooo great, they need to be taught a lesson. Its embarassing. The Knicks have the potential to be on par with Miami and Chicago but choose not to. They decide its a good idea to shoot 3's in the last possession of the game when they are only down 2. They decide to let Melo run the show and do as he pleases. The Knicks play the worst style of basketball, and are only .500 based on their talent. If it were a normal team, the way they play the game they would be Bobcats bad IMO. Its a disgrace to see such talent waste by laziness and stupidity. The Knicks are a disgrace and could never even compare to the team Miami is. If they meet in the playoffs, Heat sweep. Maybe 5 if Knicks are lucky.

Valkyrie
04-18-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm not trying to diss. U guys or anything but u guys should talk **** about people being sensitive cuz u guys went. Crazy wen people talked **** about shumper or cuz some guy on espn ranked u guys 7th before the season started u. Guys were *****ing like. Crazy. ****ing blackberry puting periods everywhere

I know that feel bro

dodie53
04-22-2012, 06:20 AM
ok Iman

YungDaSensai
04-22-2012, 10:47 AM
I mean what was he suppose to say?

justinnum1
04-22-2012, 10:51 AM
I find it funny that the knicks might be tanking now to avoid us lol

Jay16
04-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Not trying to troll but are you guys mad at who said it, or the fact that he said it? Because either way he's right. Would the Knicks beat the Heat in a series, the odds are against them but it's not impossible. Is Shumpert supposed to say "Damn Miami is too good, I'm scared to face them"? Why play in the NBA if you're not confident....and he said "can beat them" not "WILL" beat them. Any team can beat their opponent on a given night.

Secondly, I understand that Shumpert did not play well vs Miami but he's no scrub. He will not play that bad throughout the course of a series. My question, would you guys have had this same reaction if Melo said it...cause it sounds like some of you are getting at the idea that Shump doesn't have the right to say it...So does Melo?

This is a serious post..not trolling or baiting or talking trash..jus want some thoughts

That was not the way to answer that question. He needed to side step it. Something like: "any team can win on any given night, we will try to make it a series, I feel confident we can play with them". Any of those quotes would not have gotten this reaction. I think it's being blown out of proportion. And if Melo would have said it I think it would have gotten more headlines. Shumpert (I guess) is a solid player but in no way should be making these statements, especially when he has been completely outclassed by his direct competition (Wade).

lavilevi23
04-22-2012, 07:03 PM
no biggie, wade will take a few more dumps on this rookie 2 weeks from now.

This. /thread

SportsFanatic10
04-23-2012, 03:22 AM
obviously :rolleyes:

lol i can't wait to shut the knicks players and fans up!

VillaMaravilla
04-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Plus I want us to play the Knicks in the playoffs when stoudemire comes back and they start sucking again

we didnt suck againt Atlanta with Stat lol and all you Heat fans becareful what you wish for, not for one minute think your going to have an easy series, I for one want the Knicks to face Miami...no center no bench no pg that pretty much says it all and pray your boy lbj doesnt have another choke job............see ya soon lol!

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 07:08 PM
we didnt suck againt Atlanta with Stat lol and all you Heat fans becareful what you wish for, not for one minute think your going to have an easy series, I for one want the Knicks to face Miami...no center no bench no pg that pretty much says it all and pray your boy lbj doesnt have another choke job............see ya soon lol!

Was chandler playing?

Was melo at the 4 where he has an advantage?

Was amare at the 5 where he has an advantage?

thought so.

ryang
04-24-2012, 01:05 AM

Your bench is a joke.. dont think for one second a bench means much in the playoffs.. 2 guys off the bench matter at most.. ill take battier and miller and hopefully U.D> is coming off the bench.. The last 2 times we met our pgs outplayed yours.. you got us at center... it wont be easy if u mean winning by 30 a game but you under estimate Lebron Wade and Bosh.. there effort and productivity in the playoffs is a level you havent seen in your 2 losses against us this season..

Looking forward 2 this weekend

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 01:12 AM
ud is starting, we got the amare stopper in "the warden" coming off the bench:cool:

ryang
04-24-2012, 01:20 AM
still hoping for haslem 2 come off the bench.. against the knicks it doesnt matter against the bulls or celtics it does IMO..

Knicks21
04-24-2012, 08:48 AM
The Knicks beat Miami? They could never. Not now, not next year, not ever when we have the team we do. The Knicks expect things to change for them yet they refuse to change their style of play. The Knicks have been **** for a decade and now that they are at .500 they think they are hot ****. They think they are soooooo great, they need to be taught a lesson. Its embarassing. The Knicks have the potential to be on par with Miami and Chicago but choose not to. They decide its a good idea to shoot 3's in the last possession of the game when they are only down 2. They decide to let Melo run the show and do as he pleases. The Knicks play the worst style of basketball, and are only .500 based on their talent. If it were a normal team, the way they play the game they would be Bobcats bad IMO. Its a disgrace to see such talent waste by laziness and stupidity. The Knicks are a disgrace and could never even compare to the team Miami is. If they meet in the playoffs, Heat sweep. Maybe 5 if Knicks are lucky.

Knicks refuse to change? Big jump in the defence speaks change for itself. If anything we change to much, trying to make the headline of every trade deadline. Knicks play the worst style of basketball? It worked pretty well in Denver.

There is not much I can take away from this post, its is destroyed with blinded hatred and opinionated arguments that struggle to make any realistic points.

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Knicks refuse to change? Big jump in the defence speaks change for itself. If anything we change to much, trying to make the headline of every trade deadline. Knicks play the worst style of basketball? It worked pretty well in Denver.

There is not much I can take away from this post, its is destroyed with blinded hatred and opinionated arguments that struggle to make any realistic points.
Did it? How many times did they get to the finals?

Knicks21
04-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Did it? How many times did they get to the finals?

I do call having a trip to the western conference finals as a success. Just like the heat had a successful season last season. Consistent 50 win season are successful, especially in the west.

beasted86
04-24-2012, 11:20 AM
I do call having a trip to the western conference finals as a success. Just like the heat had a successful season last season. Consistent 50 win season are successful, especially in the west.

They got beat in the first round 6 times and went to the WCF one time. That's not that successful.

At least in Phoenix's recent run they went to the WCF 3x and advanced past the first round 4x. But they had 2 of the best wing defenders of the last decade in their prime (Marion, Bell) and and a 2x MVP.

LRizzle
04-24-2012, 12:38 PM
The Knicks can't handle the Heat in a 7 game playoff series. They are a dangerous team with Melo, Novak, JRSmith... They'll win you a game easy, but they also might cost you 2-3 games in the playoffs... They're much better off playing Chicago, because when those shooters get hot, doesn't matter how well you play defense, meanwhile you put Shump on D.Rose and Chicago can't match the Heat's scoring. I'm just really rooting for a Knicks vs Bulls 1st round matchup because I dislike the Bulls fans much more than Knicks fan (at least for now ;) ) and I think the Knicks have a legit chance to take them to 7 games, unlike with us, it'd probably be 5. Maybe 6 but also maybe 4.

Dunchmore
04-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Sup guys, Knicks fan here. Like you guys have been saying, and I totally agree with, playoff basketball is a different breed of basketball. During the regular season, the game-planning is nowhere near what it is in the postseason. A few Knicks players have mentioned that they didn't make any real adjustments (zone defense and such) in some games against the Heat and other teams when they played during the regular season.

I know that Dallas used the zone a lot during last years Finals and it turned out to be pretty effective. Just wondering, because I obviously haven't been able to catch as many Heat games as you guys have, have other teams used zone defenses against you guys this season? Have they been effective? I'm just wondering because I'd assume the Knicks will go to it at some point and I'm curious if the Heat have made adjustments to facing the zone since last year's Finals. Again, I honestly don't know.

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 06:50 PM
We have seen plenty of zone this year, and we are heads and shoulders better than last year. Our movement is much better, our ball movement is bette. Haberstroh did an article bascially saying zone is not an issue, i will look for it.

TylerSL
04-24-2012, 10:31 PM

Just because you guys win a few games here and there such as your win over Chicago. The fact is Melo shooting 3's when u are down 2 in the last possession will get you nowhere. Knicks will be exposed in the playoffs this year just as they were last year.

NYK4L
04-25-2012, 05:06 PM
No one the fact is he said it in a cocky manner to our point of view we have every right to complain about it cause we feel that his gettin a head of himself

And telling the world you will win 6,7,8 chips isn't "getting ahead of themselves"? Or cocky? Yeah clearly shump was way out of line.

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 05:10 PM
And telling the world you will win 6,7,8 chips isn't "getting ahead of themselves"? Or cocky? Yeah clearly shump was way out of line.

Thats where you are wrong, lebron said that to miami fans, thats wasnt televised anywhere other than south florida, ESPN decided to pick it up.

JordansBulls
04-25-2012, 05:14 PM
I think it depends on how well Melo plays. He usually plays Lebron to a standstill and let's say Amare and Bosh cancel out one another as well. The Knicks would need to worry about Wade though.

NYK4L
04-25-2012, 05:27 PM

Thats where you are wrong, lebron said that to miami fans, thats wasnt televised anywhere other than south florida, ESPN decided to pick it up.

That was nationaly televised so yeah he told the world. Answer my question,, was it cocky? And was he getting ahead of himself?

ryang
04-25-2012, 05:58 PM
he said how he felt.. was it cocky well yea... he has earned the right shump hasnt.. the last time he covered wade he gave up 28.. just sayin.. and u lost for the 3rd time

NYK4L
04-25-2012, 06:22 PM
he said how he felt.. was it cocky well yea... he has earned the right shump hasnt.. the last time he covered wade he gave up 28.. just sayin.. and u lost for the 3rd time

Everybody has the right to be cocky i guess...but don't tell me lebron has more right because they both haven't won **** in this league. So they can all be cocky or no one gets to do it. That's that.

Hardwood Floper
04-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Knicks fans and players talking ish lol.

If the knicks play in the heat in the first round get out the brooms...

Knicks21
04-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Cant wait for some hard fouls and guys getting in each others grill.

HouRealCoach
04-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Like Shumpert is going to say "Heat will kick our ***, We might as well not even show up"

MTL_123
04-26-2012, 09:06 AM
We'll he got his wish their playing Miami. Lets see if he can back up all of his big talk

gotoHcarolina52
04-26-2012, 11:38 AM
@ByTimReynolds

Game 1 of Heat series is Saturday regardless of opponent.

ryang
04-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Everybody has the right to be cocky i guess...but don't tell me lebron has more right because they both haven't won **** in this league. So they can all be cocky or no one gets to do it. That's that.

well if your saying shump has as much right as lebron ill just give up.. anyways im glad amare said what he said earlier this year and im lovin this statement by shump.. Fuel the fire.. Can novak call out miller now please?? Make us even more focused..

justinnum1
04-26-2012, 11:56 AM
cant wait

wade is going to make shumpert look like a little boy

torocan
04-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Doesn't really matter what Shump said. The Knicks CAN win games against Miami, but so can any other team. Only question is whether they WILL or not.

Miami is a stronger/better team right now. No question in my mind as a Knicks fan. Doesn't mean it will be a cakewalk or sweep for Miami.

Either way, I think the most entertaining of the first round matchups in the East will be either NY/Miami or NY/Chicago.

Bulls/Miami vs 76'ers doesn't excite me in the least.
Pacers/Magic? Boooring....
Boston/Atlanta is better, but won't be nearly as exciting.

So, looking forward to seeing it play out.

And if we do lose to you Miami, best of luck (though honestly, I'd rather see Chicago or Boston take the ECF if the Knicks can't get there, but that's a personal preference... I just don't like the whole Big 3 superteam concept, not to mention D. Wade's olympic pay fiasco).

As for the reality, I would be at least somewhat surprised if the Miami didn't end up in the ECF, though with the heavy reliance on Wade/Lebron, I wouldn't be completely shocked if Miami got knocked out before the Finals -- a few bad nights at the wrong time, or an unlucky injury and things can get out of control pretty fast. Not to mention, Boston is just playing out of their minds right now, and Chicago is a tougher team that last year, that's for sure.

See you all in the game threads! :D

justinnum1
04-26-2012, 12:05 PM
^im sure you wouldn't have had a problem if cp3 came to your team instead of tyson:rolleyes:

lets see the knicks win one game in the playoffs, been forever.

SILVER SEAVER
04-29-2012, 02:35 AM
Can someone please explain to me what any of these New York Knicks have accomplished to talk this much trash?

SILVER SEAVER
04-29-2012, 02:44 AM
Melo and Amar'e are so overrated. Neither of those two will ever make it to a Finals because they are non-existent in the postseason. They go a combined 5 for 22, Mr. Talk Shumpert 0 for 2 for zero points and 1 rebound and DPOY Chandler 0 for 3 zero points 3 rebounds, zero blocks and 7 turnovers. What a giant piece of crap they dropped in Miami, they outta be ashamed of themselves.

justinnum1
04-29-2012, 10:57 AM
haberstroh
Strange, but true: Wade with Shumpert on court: 29.3 points per 36 mins. Shumpert OFF court? Drops to 22.6 points per 36.

Trinity_man817
04-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Still think that Shumpert???

Audubon
04-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Still think that Shumpert???Be careful before one of the Heat big two goes down.

Wade>You
04-30-2012, 02:52 PM
idea for a new thread on NBA board:

Should the NBA's psychiatric ward have Iman Shumpert investigated?

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-30-2012, 03:10 PM
haberstroh

That is weird lol. Shumpert does give Wade a hard time some times. Im not gonna lie.

justinnum1
04-30-2012, 03:15 PM
That is weird lol. Shumpert does give Wade a hard time some times. Im not gonna lie.

Yea.

also, check this out, with fields on the court, wade shoots 54%, fields off the court, wade shoots 50%.

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Dwyane-Wade-vs-Landry-Fields|2548,202361;year=201112;season=r

gotoHcarolina52
05-06-2012, 09:54 PM
More from this turd:

Iman Shumpert, the Knicks’ best perimeter defender, is expected to need six to eight months to recover after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament in Game 1. He can only wonder how different the series might have looked had he been on the court. “We could do that, go back and forth with that all the time — if Stat’s healthy, if Jeremy’s healthy,” he said, referring to Amar’e Stoudemire and Jeremy Lin. “But it’s like who we got out there is who we got out there. I still think we’re good enough to beat them.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/07/sports/basketball/knicks-beat-heat-to-end-playoff-skid.html

khaleesi
05-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Oh whatever, another loud mouth rookie. Pay no mind.

TylerSL
05-10-2012, 12:25 AM
well, I think we proved them wrong. Knicks went 1-7 against us all season.

Rain 816
05-10-2012, 05:22 AM
well, I think we proved them wrong. Knicks went 1-7 against us all season.

Plus all of our wins vs NY with the exception of 1 were by double digits

YungDaSensai
05-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Shumpert - "they are who we thought they were..... If you wanna crown'em, then crown their ***"