PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose "Sick & Tired" About Hard Fouls

Pages : [1] 2

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-16-2012, 09:36 AM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7817934/chicago-bulls-derrick-rose-sick-tired-overly-rough-fouls

AUBURN HILLS, MICH. -- Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose is fed up with the way some players in the league are trying to defend him.

Rose, who scored 24 points in the Bulls' 100-94 overtime win over the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night, was frustrated that he had a bloody dent on the bridge of his nose thanks to Pistons' forward Charlie Villanueva.

With 4:31 left to play in regulation, Rose drove to the rim and was hammered by Villanueva. The veteran swingman was called for a flagrant foul on Rose, held up after a video review by officials, and then was given a technical foul for arguing.

After the game, Rose was still upset with the way the play went down. He argued with Villanueva for a moment before going to the sidelines for treatment from Bulls athletic trainer Fred Tedeschi.

Rose, who has a well-documented fear of needles and said he would not be getting stitches, wore a band-aid over his nose for the rest of the game.

"I was mad," Rose said. "I'm sick and tired of people trying to take cheap shots at me. You got to say something."

Rose was fined $25,000 last month for making comments toward officials after a March 12 game against the New York Knicks.

"I've gotta be the only superstar in the league that's going through what I'm going through right now," Rose said at the time, referring to a lack of foul calls in his favor. "But I can't say too much about it."

This time, he took matters into his own hands. He felt it was time to stand up for himself against Villanueva.

"You got to," Rose said. "He didn't even aim for the ball. At least go for the ball. I felt like he didn't and that's the reason why I got mad a little bit."

Rose isn't sure why he feels like some players go after him.

"I really don't know," he said. "Probably because I don't say anything or whatever, but I'm a man, where in situations like that you have to say something."

For his part, Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau was satisfied with the explanation he got regarding the hard foul.

"Look, these guys are great officials," Thibodeau said. "So (the official) said 'it appeared to be worse than it actually was.' That's what he said to me. Usually when they say that, they know they've gotten a pretty good look at it, so I dropped (the complaining) right there."

Rose, who has missed 23 games this year because of various injuries, is averaging 22 points a game this season.

IMO, Rose has become a whiny little *****.

The NBA, where the reigning league's MVP being soft...HAPPENS!

DaBUU
04-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Hey NBA forum gather around so we can talk crap about Derrick Rose in this brand new bait thread!!

kdspurman
04-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Gotta love that he refers to himself as a superstar LOL...Wow....

Anyway, I'm glad there are more hard fouls happening. Cheap shots are different than hard fouls. I think he's so used to driving in and people just letting him lay it up or finish at the rim. Knock him down, and make him think twice about it. Nothing malicious, just a good ole' fashion hard foul. Of course the league will probably suspend you these days so do it at your own risk.

meloman1592
04-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Derrick Rose is great but he cries too much...stfu.

BoozerYells
04-16-2012, 09:46 AM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7817934/chicago-bulls-derrick-rose-sick-tired-overly-rough-fouls

If rose is a whiny little ***** to you, id like to hear what you would call the rest of the players in the league, especially wade, paul, griffin, kobe, dwight and lebron,

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Hey NBA forum gather around so we can talk crap about Derrick Rose in this brand new bait thread!!

I've always been a huge supporter of Derrick Rose. But when your superstar and the league's reigning MVP (who represents the league) acts soft, then that means your league has become soft.

Remember when Kobe got whacked on the nose by Wade during the all-star game?

Did he come out and say stuff like this?

After just 4 yrs in the league, why does Rose thing he's entitled to everything?

meloman1592
04-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Dwight gets fouled a lot harder and more often than Rose and sometimes they dont even call it and he doesn't complain.

meloman1592
04-16-2012, 09:48 AM
I've always been a huge supporter of Derrick Rose. But when your superstar and the league's reigning MVP (who represents the league) acts soft, then that means your league has become soft.

After just 4 yrs in the league, why does Rose thing he's entitled to everything?

this!!!!!!!!

javsvt
04-16-2012, 09:48 AM

You mean the same way Melo is getting trashed in the other thread? BTW, Rose and Lynn should make a complaint.:D

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-16-2012, 09:49 AM
If rose is a whiny little ***** to you, id like to hear what you would call the rest of the players in the league, especially wade, paul, griffin, kobe, dwight and lebron,

As much as I'm not a fan of LeBron, I haven't heard him saying this type of stuff lately.

Marlin234
04-16-2012, 09:51 AM
He drives to the hole like 15 out of his 25 shot attempts. Of course you're going to get whacked. Especially with your size. Everyone gets hit hard Lebron , Wade, Durant , Melo , Griffin, Dwight . Some are just bigger and more physical and can just brush it off. Don't like it te physicality just chuck up shots.

Sinestro
04-16-2012, 09:52 AM
He does get hit a lot but I'm sure he's not pointing out one foul rather the fact that he feels people are going after him and its not being called as often as he thinks it should honestly if anyone has played in a league and you feel you're constantly being hit with cheap shots you would have a breaking point

DaBUU
04-16-2012, 09:59 AM
he has taken a ridiculous amount of really hard shots over the last couple of years, that havent been called. I can see his frustration since I watch the kid every game. He's just doing what Lebron has done, Phil Jackson has done, he's trying to get the attention of the ref's through the media. Lets not pretend those games aren't played all the time. Complain, maybe get a fine and hope the ref's pay closer attention. He's not being soft, more like strategic with the playoffs around the corner. Thats my theory at least.

skoobiesnax69
04-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Phanom foul kings:

Lebron
Wade
Pierce
Rose
Blake

RC3
04-16-2012, 10:04 AM
"Humble" superstar my ***.

04-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Villanueva did a dog shot on rose, yeh, he's complaining about it, but rose isn't soft. That's just stupid if you think the kid is soft

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Villanueva did a dog shot on rose, yeh, he's complaining about it, but rose isn't soft. That's just stupid if you think the kid is soft

The way he's talking and complaining, the kid wouldn't have survived in the mid-90s.

3RDASYSTEM
04-16-2012, 10:12 AM
After 4 yrs in the league he has a league MVP and KB was just becoming a starter his 4th yr so ROSE can say what he feels just based on the fact hes been publicly humble for his short career,especially since his game relies heavily on penetration and hes getting the necessary contact

Vincent
04-16-2012, 10:13 AM
I think he was just frustrated at how the Pistons specifically take shots at him with scrubs.

Last time he played the Pistons they took a shot at him mid-air and almost got hurt.

This time Villaneauva took a cheap shot at his face.

Probably doesn't like that too much, seeing all these scrubs take unnecessary hard fouls at him and get away with it.

Furymaker
04-16-2012, 10:14 AM
You guys should watch some Bulls games before you talk **** , guy gets fouled every time he drives to the hoop , and officials call just 30% of them .
In fourth year of his NBA career he mentioned 3 or 4 times about not getting calls and you start giving him names ? Damn idiots , I'd like to see you in these kind of situations .

Sinestro
04-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Besides in the article he never once said "hard fouls" he said cheap shots if you don't know the difference you clearly havent played sports before

Vincent
04-16-2012, 10:16 AM
The way he's talking and complaining, the kid wouldn't have survived in the mid-90s.

He'd at least get a call or two.

It's not like Scottie and Jordan didn't complain about calls in their days.

Hell, Phil was king at publically calling out refs and lobbying for calls.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-16-2012, 10:19 AM
After 4 yrs in the league he has a league MVP and KB was just becoming a starter his 4th yr so ROSE can say what he feels just based on the fact hes been publicly humble for his short career,especially since his game relies heavily on penetration and hes getting the necessary contact

You really want to start comparing Derrick Rose to the Black Mamba?

Mmm. Okay.

Kobe came straight out of high school while Rose didn't. At that stage of the NBA, he was vilified for not going to college. Iverson and 11 other guys were picked over him (12 idiot GM's) while Rose was a #1 pick. When you're a #1 pick, you very well damn produce right away.

Now with the whole league MVP thing....well, Steve Nash has 2 while Shaq & Kobe each have 1, but those guys are multiple time champions while Nash hasn't even made it to the finals.....

Yeah, that's the value of the MVP, a regular season award. Rose was given the key to the city of Chicago (his hometown) ever since he was drafted. Kobe had to put up with **** with a **** coach in Del Harris, and the Lakers finally made the smart move of trading away Eddie Jones (who was already with the Lakers before Kobe came) and that paved the way for Kobe to do work. Kobe EARNED his status in the NBA. Let's see if Rose can uphold that #1 overall pick status or if he ends up on another team like previous #1 draft picks like LeBron, Bogut, and soon to be Dwight Howard if he doesn't win a championship in Chicago.

Thanks for making me going off a tangent.

Mr Wonderful
04-16-2012, 10:20 AM

Does he have to worry about surviving in the mid-90's? So what's the point of saying that? He said he's tired of CHEAP SHOTS...not fouls...cheap shots.

And for those that say no one else complains, what about all the time the "superstars" throw their arms up after getting a shot blocked, miss a layup and complain to the refs, get dunked on and act as if someone pushed off? The greatest player on the floor now, Kobe, complains on every single missed shot in the lane. Get real.

Cheap shots are different from hard fouls. :rolleyes:

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Does he have to worry about surviving in the mid-90's? So what's the point of saying that? He said he's tired of CHEAP SHOTS...not fouls...cheap shots.

And for those that say no one else complains, what about all the time the "superstars" throw their arms up after getting a shot blocked, miss a layup and complain to the refs, get dunked on and act as if someone pushed off? The greatest player on the floor now, Kobe, complains on every single missed shot in the lane. Get real.

Cheap shots are different from hard fouls. :rolleyes:

Yes, Kobe does ***** a lot during games, but he's learned to get around that. The guy is a savvy vet and has mastered the NBA's PR course. And he let Phil do all the talking, so maybe Rose should let Thibs do all the talking.

I don't know why I'm bashing Rose today, but this article and what he said just irritated me. I don't hate the guy FYI.

ChitownSports16
04-16-2012, 10:23 AM

:facepalm: none of these "superstars" would...

What a nice bait thread...

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-16-2012, 10:25 AM
:facepalm: none of these "superstars" would...

What a nice bait thread...

What, we're only allowed to bash LeBron or Kobe in the NBA forum and all other "superstars" are exempt?

I'm just pointing out something that's becoming an issue with D.Rose over the last yr and a half where he's feeling he should be entitled to a lot of things.

MCSJR2
04-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Seriously? Rose is one of if not the most babied player in the NBA..he gets every single call there is and when he's touched just a little bit the officals blow the whistle...Rose should really be glad that he didn't play in the era of AI...although he got allot of calls too...he took an even worse beating than Rose and allot of times didn't get the calls (see the 01 Finals)

MGB
04-16-2012, 10:31 AM

Rose actually has a history of being very soft spoke and not complaining; during games or otherwise. He doesn't sit there and ***** and moan about getting fouled after every shot like a TON of players in the NBA do. You're doing the classic example of taking one or two incidents and trying to extrapolate it into him doing this all of the time. If you watched a lot of Bulls games, you'd know that Rose got very few calls his first couple years in the league. It wasn't until last season that he started getting his due on calls.

He's not soft by any means, he takes a beating night in and night out going hard to the basket. Calling him soft indicates that you don't watch many Bulls games. A good hard foul is one thing, but just attacking a guy is a totally different thing. Night in and night out, Rose has guys going hard at the body when he elevates toward the rim.

The Bulls-Pacers series last season in the playoffs is a prime example of this. Foster and the Pacers bigs just mauled him multiple times when he would go toward the rim. I don't have a problem with guys going up and raking at the arms with incidental contact, but just leaping at the body of a smaller guy trying to knock him out is just a dirty play and it happens to Rose too frequently.

Now he finally speaks up for himself and you call him a "whiny little *****." :pity:

bbcmillionaire
04-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Lol hmm kobe wade Lebron and *insert superstar name here* runs and chases refs begging for calls, rose makes a statement through the media about getting cheap shots and hard fouls not being called with regularity and rose is a whiny little expletive? NBA forum is a weird place, that's why I love our forum...

MGB
04-16-2012, 10:33 AM
What, we're only allowed to bash LeBron or Kobe in the NBA forum and all other "superstars" are exempt?

I'm just pointing out something that's becoming an issue with D.Rose over the last yr and a half where he's feeling he should be entitled to a lot of things.

IMO he doesn't come across as "entitled," he's just sick of guys trying to take him out because they can't beat him fair and square. It's cheap.

TrueProdigy
04-16-2012, 10:33 AM
I used to like laker fans but after this blatant bait thread and you can't say its not since rose is talking about cheap shots and in the title you stated he was complaining about hard fouls there is a difference between a hard foul and a cheap shot.

chi-townlove1
04-16-2012, 10:34 AM
All you people *****ing about him claiming he's a superstar, get over it, he is one. He knows it. You know it. I know it. He said this a month ago and that was the first time in his career he spoke out. Wouldn't you get sick of being attacked every time you play your game. Same thing when a baseball gets intentionally hit or walked because a pitcher knows what he's capable of. It just makes the game not as fun to play for these guys and the fact that there's a bouty on his head at all times just gets to him like it gets to anyone else. Get off his jock and let him finally say how he feels like every other star in the league.

Swashcuff
04-16-2012, 10:41 AM
I don't have a problem with Rose expressing himself in the very least as its his right but this isn't something new. It happens all the time to players of his calibre. He just has to live with it. When you're at the top and as great a player as he is they're going to be gunning for you.

Heater4life
04-16-2012, 10:47 AM
D. Rose needs to stop complaining to the media. Hes not the first to get hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzvFAcbS0RE

And ive never heard that guy complain to the media about foul calls.

Hustlenomics
04-16-2012, 10:51 AM
then you have to stop driving to the paint recklessly cause you'll get hit hard every time

THE_G.O.A.T.
04-16-2012, 10:52 AM
He's still better than D-Wade who falls over and flops everytime he shoots begging for a call. That dude is a *****.

Avenged
04-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Is Rose serious? He's the only one? Get real, come on.

If you don't want to be touched, don't go in the paint.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-16-2012, 10:54 AM
I used to like laker fans but after this blatant bait thread and you can't say its not since rose is talking about cheap shots and in the title you stated he was complaining about hard fouls there is a difference between a hard foul and a cheap shot.

I am a Laker fan, but I don't speak for other Laker fans. Not fair to judge all of Laker Nation by just one fans perspective and ability to call out a player of another team. Not fair to my fellow Laker fans.

And no, I'm not trying to bait. This is the first time on ProSportsDaily I've been judgmental of Derrick Rose, usually I defend the guy.

dAngelo
04-16-2012, 10:56 AM
D. Rose needs to stop complaining to the media. Hes not the first to get hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzvFAcbS0RE

And ive never heard that guy complain to the media about foul calls.

Yeah, that guy never complained to the media, he just cries to the refs each and every game. But hey, at least not to the media.

pacofunk64
04-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Rose is right to complain. He seriously gets fouled almost every drive to the rim. He's just able to contort his body to make it seem like he isn't being fouled a lot of the times. Part of that you can blame on his athletic ability. He'll get his due but it's a little harder for PG , imo, to get the calls. Rose has never complained until this year so calling him a whiny is not entirely accurate. Also Rose is right in saying he is a super star.

Bornknick73
04-16-2012, 10:57 AM
IMO he doesn't come across as "entitled," he's just sick of guys trying to take him out because they can't beat him fair and square. It's cheap.

Jordan got whacked and hacked his whole career and never once complained. I should know Im a knicks fan. We used to beat him up worse than anything going on in the league today. He wouldnt say anything, he would just get up and whup our *****.

Youre the MVP, youre fragile physically, you go to the hole with reckless abandon. Expect the other teams in the league to beat you up.

Somewhere Charles Oakley is laughing at Derrick Rose.

RSA27
04-16-2012, 11:08 AM
I know what a little wuss crying about a guy taking a cheap shot and breaking his nose instead of going for the ball. Everyone knows that when a player beats his defender to the rim it is the responsibility of the defender to brutally hack that player without making a play on the ball. If anything Rose should get T'd up for blowing past his man and putting the opposing player in a bad situation.

chicago lulz
04-16-2012, 11:08 AM
2 complaints and he's a whiney *****...
So PSD must be...
Anyways, he said cheap shots, not hard fouls.
I have no problem with this for the time being. He said what he wanted, now move on and play ball.

There's a lot of high school mentality in here. Especially that logic of "so and so get made fun of, so it's only fair for him to as well". It's very "eye for eye" and that mentality will not get you far.

Blitzace137
04-16-2012, 11:11 AM
haha Rose thinks he's the only one going through this? His job is to play he should let tibs do the talking. And why does he have to say he's a superstar? You don't see Lebron, Kobe, Mello, Durant, Wade saying there superstars I thought Rose is supposed to be a "humble" guy? :rolleyes:

KB-Pau-DH2012
Jordan got whacked and hacked his whole career and never once complained. I should know Im a knicks fan. We used to beat him up worse than anything going on in the league today. He wouldnt say anything, he would just get up and whup our *****.

Youre the MVP, youre fragile physically, you go to the hole with reckless abandon. Expect the other teams in the league to beat you up.

This post speaks volumes and gives complete credence to what I'm trying to point I'm trying to make. Thank you.

Greet
Maybe he should work on his terrible looking jump shot then.

Evolution23
04-16-2012, 11:13 AM
wow Rose is so annoying now. Your game is to drive it to the hole, what did you think was going to happen? You never heard Iverson complaining about getting fouled and he took a beating every night.

BALLER R
04-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Seriously? Rose is one of if not the most babied player in the NBA..he gets every single call there is and when he's touched just a little bit the officals blow the whistle...Rose should really be glad that he didn't play in the era of AI...although he got allot of calls too...he took an even worse beating than Rose and allot of times didn't get the calls (see the 01 Finals)

Whoa Whoa Whoa I think blake griffin and Lebron have that title

Audubon
04-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Of all the superstars he is the least crybaby of them all. The others constantly ***** at the refs to get their way...some teams have 2 or 3 of those cry babies. Rose being a superstar (that's what MVP's are) and the amount of time he takes it to the hoop and gets body checked...dude should be getting to the line more than anyone. Haters gonna hate.

chi-townlove1
04-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Maybe he should work on his terrible looking jump shot then.

That jump shot that won us the game last night.. :rolleyes:

Fnom11
04-16-2012, 11:17 AM
I think Lebron gets way more no calls on fouls then anyone in the league, maybe Dwight, but because he's so big and strong they're not called. Most of the time he doesn't even notice but there is still contact.

There are plenty of players who get fouled and don't get them called because 99% of the time they're finishable shots but they're too busy trying to force a foul call they screw up an easy layup for a potential 3 point play. Wade is probably the epitome of this.

KB-Pau-DH2012
wow Rose is so annoying now. Your game is to drive it to the hole, what did you think was going to happen? You never heard Iverson complaining about getting fouled and he took a beating every night.

DING DING DING, We have a winner!

AI won his first scoring title in his 3rd season and 1st and only MVP in his 5th season. However, he never used to ***** about all this physical play and "cheap shots". And AI was 10x more reckless getting to the hoop receiving more beating.

DITKA4GOV
Rose takes more cheap shots then AI ever did. I'm a bulls fan but rarely missed any Sixer or gtown game for that matter when on tv. Rose rarely complains directly to refs unlike wade, Kobe, bosh, LBJ, Dwight, meLo, and so on. Calling him soft is a joke since he is the strongest pg in the league. Defenders tend to hit him in the face, head, all the time with cheap shots that could cause injury. I support him speaking up. A lot of Rose hating in this thread, this must be the first post ever on psd. ***sarcasim***

Hating is the highest form of flattery, so keep it up!

monzternipz12
04-16-2012, 11:18 AM
haha Rose thinks he's the only one going through this? His job is to play he should let tibs do the talking. And why does he have to say he's a superstar? You don't see Lebron, Kobe, Mello, Durant, Wade saying there superstars I thought Rose is supposed to be a "humble" guy? :rolleyes:

What??!! lebron, kobe, melo, wade are all ego maniacs... I'll give you durant but the other 3 are complete attention whores. Not saying they don't deserve it bc they're all awesome players but they definitely have a bigger ego than rose.

kozelkid
04-16-2012, 11:18 AM

AUBURN HILLS, MICH. -- Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose is fed up with the way some players in the league are trying to defend him.

Rose, who scored 24 points in the Bulls' 100-94 overtime win over the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night, was frustrated that he had a bloody dent on the bridge of his nose thanks to Pistons' forward Charlie Villanueva.

With 4:31 left to play in regulation, Rose drove to the rim and was hammered by Villanueva. The veteran swingman was called for a flagrant foul on Rose, held up after a video review by officials, and then was given a technical foul for arguing.

After the game, Rose was still upset with the way the play went down. He argued with Villanueva for a moment before going to the sidelines for treatment from Bulls athletic trainer Fred Tedeschi.

Rose, who has a well-documented fear of needles and said he would not be getting stitches, wore a band-aid over his nose for the rest of the game.

"I was mad," Rose said. "I'm sick and tired of people trying to take cheap shots at me. You got to say something."

Rose was fined $25,000 last month for making comments toward officials after a March 12 game against the New York Knicks.

"I've gotta be the only superstar in the league that's going through what I'm going through right now," Rose said at the time, referring to a lack of foul calls in his favor. "But I can't say too much about it."

This time, he took matters into his own hands. He felt it was time to stand up for himself against Villanueva.

"You got to," Rose said. "He didn't even aim for the ball. At least go for the ball. I felt like he didn't and that's the reason why I got mad a little bit."

Rose isn't sure why he feels like some players go after him.

"I really don't know," he said. "Probably because I don't say anything or whatever, but I'm a man, where in situations like that you have to say something."

For his part, Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau was satisfied with the explanation he got regarding the hard foul.

"Look, these guys are great officials," Thibodeau said. "So (the official) said 'it appeared to be worse than it actually was.' That's what he said to me. Usually when they say that, they know they've gotten a pretty good look at it, so I dropped (the complaining) right there."

Rose, who has missed 23 games this year because of various injuries, is averaging 22 points a game this season.

Evidently, you have zero clue what you're talking about. Rose tried the humble and noncomplaining approach his first three years. It failed. In this league, if you don't complain, you won't get calls. It is what it is.

72 Wins
04-16-2012, 11:19 AM
OMG. The comments on this thread are utterly the most ******** I've read in months. People jumping on the Rose-hating bandwagon as usual. Rose is soft because they ask him about the foul, and he doesn't react all gingerly? How often does Rose complain compared to most of the players in the league. Rose gets hit more then any PG in the league and he' can't complain? Guess what? The fact he didn't complain his first three years actually hurt him. NBA stars NEED to complain, take a fine here and there so refs give them the calls. That's the way the game is. The comment where he stated he's a super star was quoted AGAIN to add some flavor to the article. If you know Rose, his personality- and actually watch his games/interviews, then you know it was a jerk-reaction comment and taken out of context. Now if he walked around like a Diva, then you can crucify him for that comment, but he doesn't.

Greet
04-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Hasn't he already been fined once for complaining.....

Fnom11
04-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Of all the superstars he is the least crybaby of them all. The others constantly ***** at the refs to get their way...some teams have 2 or 3 of those cry babies. Rose being a superstar (that's what MVP's are) and the amount of time he takes it to the hoop and gets body checked...dude should be getting to the line more than anyone. Haters gonna hate.

Almost every superstar in the league at one point didn't complain about calls when they started to emerge as a dominant player in the league but they all changed. This includes Lebron, Wade, Kobe, CP3, Dwight, etc. Rose and Durant in a few years will complain when they feel entitled to a foul and I believe it's inevitable.

I think the only exception to that rule is Griffin who complained from the moment he stepped onto the floor of a NBA court..

THE_G.O.A.T.
04-16-2012, 11:22 AM
This is probably the worst thread ever.

monzternipz12
04-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Yes Rose does get hit a lot... but the kid needs to STFU and just play. The way he plays, its like he's asking to get hacked. What is the defense supposed to do? let you lay it up or dunk it?? I love Rose but sometimes he comes off a little....like a *****. you say you grew up on the south side, you should be use to it then. instead of complaining about it, go knock someones head off. Ever watch MJ and Starks back in the day?! brutal matchup.. but thats a mans game. MJ don't like Starks but at least MJ can respect Starks for not backing down.

chicago lulz
04-16-2012, 11:23 AM

"we talking about practice?". Wow Iverson is so annoying. You're a professional athlete complaining about practice?? You never heard Magic Johnson complain about practice, and he practiced damn near all the time...

MCSJR2
04-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Whoa Whoa Whoa I think blake griffin and Lebron have that title

one of if not the most....people don't want to admit it...but Rose gets the calls...he gets phantom calls too...just because you take a hard foul doesn't mean you have to disregard all the other baby calls you got...lets juts be real here!

Greet
04-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Yes Rose does get hit a lot... but the kid needs to STFU and just play. The way he plays, its like he's asking to get hacked. What is the defense supposed to do? let you lay it up or dunk it?? I love Rose but sometimes he comes off a little....like a *****. you say you grew up on the south side, you should be use to it then. instead of complaining about it, go knock someones head off. Ever watch MJ and Starks back in the day?! brutal matchup.. but thats a mans game. MJ don't like Starks but at least MJ can respect Starks for not backing down.

Good post. Nice to see from a Bulls fans perspective other than homering the **** out Rose.

bbcmillionaire
04-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Wade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFA5vSjvzGk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Kobe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3gACvl47yQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Lebron is about to die -_-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihuOrQHSjWQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Blake griffin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev1M1AYQR3s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Blah Blah Blah
04-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Wow, can't believe all the hate that am seeing here. So what if he said he is a superstar, he is a superstar so why does that irk anyone? You don't think Kobe/Durant/Lebron/Wade/Dirk..etc. think that? You get Guys like Melo who thinks he's a superstar but hasn't done **** in this league yet despite being here for 8 years.

Anyways, watch more Bulls games and you'll see the hard hits he takes and he does not complain/*****/whine/moan during the game unlike Lebron/Wade (especially) as well as Kobe. He's complained about it maybe like 2x through the media and they came in recently this year. Plus he is just talking about taking cheap hits, not hard fouls. I agree that he should just play and not complain about it, but i don't get the attack on him now.

It's funny how some of you take these comments to ***** at a guy to make up for the lack of anything positive in your own lives i guess (job/looks/etc.), idk. :facepalm:

uptown0364
04-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Lebron said the same thing last year:

http://www.layupmag.com/2011/03/lebron-james-complaining-about-foul-calls.html

momanpr100
04-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Yes, Kobe does ***** a lot during games, but he's learned to get around that. The guy is a savvy vet and has mastered the NBA's PR course. And he let Phil do all the talking, so maybe Rose should let Thibs do all the talking.

I don't know why I'm bashing Rose today, but this article and what he said just irritated me. I don't hate the guy FYI.

Rose was answering a question on the subject. he didnt just come out of left field wit this. rose always defends himself against the big men, so i dont know how you call him soft.

Gators123
04-16-2012, 11:30 AM
I think he was just frustrated at how the Pistons specifically take shots at him with scrubs.

Last time he played the Pistons they took a shot at him mid-air and almost got hurt.

This time Villaneauva took a cheap shot at his face.

Probably doesn't like that too much, seeing all these scrubs take unnecessary hard fouls at him and get away with it.

No he didn't, he took a shot at the ball and accidentally got his face. No way that deserved to be a flagrant foul.

Fnom11
Does Rose have that extra gear where when he gets mad he can go off on any given team like Lebron/Wade/Kobe? If he does he should just use hard fouls like they do and go off on teams that piss him off. If he doesn't it seems like teams can easily get into his head.

72 Wins
this is probably the worst thread ever.

this.

DLeeicious
04-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Say nothing and never complain to officials and let them assume they are calling your plays fine. Make comments about it and become a whiny ***** who is soft.

The dude has like 1 (maybe 2 maybe 3?) technical fouls in 4 seasons he is far from a whiny *****, he just had enough and was frustrated.

InRoseWeTrust
04-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Ummm...Rose never said he was sick of "hard fouls." He's sick of flagrants where players go for his body instead of the ball, which is what this comment was referring to. For christ's sake, people, watch some goddamn tape and at least attempt to understand what a player is referencing.

The title too this thread is ridiculously misleading and maliciously worded...I mean did MSNBC write it? Honestly.

monzternipz12
04-16-2012, 11:35 AM
again, bulls fans may hate me more than they already do but.... does anybody remember when Rose cried his rookie season after getting hacked kind of hard?? someone pls find a video!!
Don't get me wrong, I love Rose, but theres no crying in bball. Rose, if you're sick and tired of getting hacked, then retaliate!!! (but be smart about it lol)

Byronicle
04-16-2012, 11:36 AM
and i am sick and tired of players getting phantom calls

or complaining to refs for not getting a foul call

at one time, the hard foul was the standard for a normal foul.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 11:40 AM

I'll get the marshmallows, hersheys, and ghram crackers;)

But yea, he's whining to the media to much

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-16-2012, 11:43 AM
I'll get the marshmallows, hersheys, and ghram crackers;)

But yea, he's whining to the media to much

D.Rose hating & S'mores :drool:

monzternipz12
04-16-2012, 11:43 AM

Absolutely agree!!

chicago lulz
04-16-2012, 11:44 AM
again, bulls fans may hate me more than they already do but.... does anybody remember when Rose cried his rookie season after getting hacked kind of hard?? someone pls find a video!!
Don't get me wrong, I love Rose, but theres no crying in bball. Rose, if you're sick and tired of getting hacked, then retaliate!!! (but be smart about it lol)
I'm going to have to question your memory, since it seems like you can't eve remember what happened last year in the playoffs (see your statement in the Bulls thread about this). If you're going to make a claim, you'd better be the one finding videos and such. I do not remember any incident similar to what you described.

I have no idea how you have been willing to watch the NBA the past years

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 11:45 AM
he has taken a ridiculous amount of really hard shots over the last couple of years, that havent been called. I can see his frustration since I watch the kid every game. He's just doing what Lebron has done, Phil Jackson has done, he's trying to get the attention of the ref's through the media. Lets not pretend those games aren't played all the time. Complain, maybe get a fine and hope the ref's pay closer attention. He's not being soft, more like strategic with the playoffs around the corner. Thats my theory at least.

Lebron doesn't whine to the media

And this isnt the first time rose has made comments to the media about not getting superstar calls

momanpr100
04-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Lebron said the same thing last year:

http://www.layupmag.com/2011/03/lebron-james-complaining-about-foul-calls.html

best post in this thread.

Gene2420
04-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Imagine how Shaq felt lol

momanpr100
04-16-2012, 11:47 AM

And this isnt the first time rose has made comments to the media about not getting superstar calls

read the article that was posted.

heatbb
04-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Imagine how Shaq felt lol

+1

Superstars sometimes get fouled very hard, maybe too hard. But the defender HAS to send a statement at some point.

chicago lulz
04-16-2012, 11:51 AM

Funny you say this when an article was just posted with Lebron "whining" to the media.

Come on man! You have to deal with all the LBJ/Wade hate, I would think you would advocate for less hate in the Nba forum.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 11:53 AM
read the article that was posted.

Thats different, Lebron wasn't complaining to get foul calls, he was saying the fouls that are being called should be flagrant. Rose is complaining about not getting calls at all.

If rose wants to keep attacking the rim, he should be prepared to get fouled hard.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Funny you say this when an article was just posted with Lebron "whining" to the media.

Come on man! You have to deal with all the LBJ/Wade hate, I would think you would advocate for less hate in the Nba forum.

They can ***** and moan all the want during the game if it helps them get calls. But this is not rose's first time complaining to the media.

Guys wouldn't be teeing off on rose if they thought someone on the bulls team would actually do something about it. They are a great defensive team but a lot of their players are soft.

Byronicle
04-16-2012, 12:01 PM
I have no idea how you have been willing to watch the NBA the past years

honestly it is tolerable

its just annoying when players whine in general. its one thing to speak the truth but double standards will make a player look silly

Byronicle
04-16-2012, 12:02 PM
They can ***** and moan all the want during the game if it helps them get calls. But this is not rose's first time complaining to the media.

Guys wouldn't be teeing off on rose if they thought someone on the bulls team would actually do something about it. They are a great defensive team but a lot of their players are soft.

umm Wade and Lebron have complained to the media plenty of times

maybe if they were better role models for Rose to follow, you wouldn't have Rose whining so much?

superstars are all complainers. period

chicago lulz
04-16-2012, 12:05 PM

lol, he complained about the lack of calls once. Nows he's complaining about cheap shots. Keep in mind "complains" = answering questions just like LBJ in the other article. Why is there a difference between complaining during a game as opposed to after? It's all for the same outcome except Rose only "complained" once as opposed to constantly throughout the game...

Stop trying to put Lebron in the better light. He's no better or worse than Rose in this situation.

the_antz_nest
04-16-2012, 12:09 PM
watched this game this morning...
i dont now what he is complaining about. was a decent hard foul on the ball!
nothing hurtful just good old smash mouth ball...

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 12:12 PM
lol, he complained about the lack of calls once. Nows he's complaining about cheap shots. Keep in mind "complains" = answering questions just like LBJ in the other article. Why is there a difference between complaining during a game as opposed to after? It's all for the same outcome except Rose only "complained" once as opposed to constantly throughout the game...

Stop trying to put Lebron in the better light. He's no better or worse than Rose in this situation.

Lebron has his own problems, but hearing rose complaining for a second time within a year is kind of funny.

If the bulls had an enforcer type player i dont think rose would get fouled so hard.

And when you whine to the media, i dont like it. I dont like that lebron did it, and i dont like that anyone does it.

Rose will feel hard fouls a lot more going forward now that everyone in the league knows it is affecting him.

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 12:15 PM
knicks fan boasts MJ against the knicks just to bash Rose... so clever...

there were fouls called more times than not during your examples... please provide some hard no calls on jordan if you can... i'd like to see...

MJ was probably got the most preferential treatment from the refs in league history... go ahead and google it...

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/may/31/sports/sp-55256

Consider that he owns the record for the most free throws made in one half--20. Also the record for the most in one quarter--14 (on a separate occasion). He led the league in free throws twice (972, one season)

http://niketalk.yuku.com/topic/82628/Charles-Oakley-Michael-Jordan-got-away---lot--things-Ref-rel#.T4xA61HuJQw
Charles Oakley on MJ and the refs

He's the best player to ever play, but he got more calls. I know I was in a couple situations where I didn't foul at all and they called fouls.

you have no clue what you're talking about... but nice try... way to show your knowledge, and bias...

TheIlladelph16
04-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Let the coach deal with this through the press if you have an issue. That applies to all the superstars who whine about not getting certain calls, when in reality they are all babied by the refs and league in general.

This is the first time I have seen Rose do anything like this, so its not really that big of a deal. In the future though, players just need to shut their mouth and play. Let the coaches play PR games through the media to get calls a la Phil Jackson

NYtilIdie
04-16-2012, 12:21 PM
There ain't no crying in basketball, grow a pair and shut the ***k up.

Evolution23
04-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Rose takes more cheap shots then AI ever did. I'm a bulls fan but rarely missed any Sixer or gtown game for that matter when on tv. Rose rarely complains directly to refs unlike wade, Kobe, bosh, LBJ, Dwight, meLo, and so on. Calling him soft is a joke since he is the strongest pg in the league. Defenders tend to hit him in the face, head, all the time with cheap shots that could cause injury. I support him speaking up. A lot of Rose hating in this thread, this must be the first post ever on psd. ***sarcasim***

Hating is the highest form of flattery, so keep it up!

If you are saying Rose is the strongest pg in the league then he shouldn't be complaining. AI used to get beat down much harder than Rose. He was only 160 lbs and barely 6 feet tall. If a guy much smaller than Rose isn't complaining about foul calls then Rose should learn to toughen up.

monzternipz12
04-16-2012, 12:22 PM
embarrassing how most bulls fans believe its ok that your star player is complaining about getting hit when he's not doing anything about it but running his mouth. Rose gets hit a lot. ok. so do something about it rather than run your mouth!!

Swashcuff
04-16-2012, 12:24 PM
embarrassing how most bulls fans believe its ok that your star player is complaining about getting hit when he's not doing anything about it but running his mouth. Rose gets hit a lot. ok. so do something about it rather than run your mouth!!

What do you think he should do about it?

Evolution23
04-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Lebron has his own problems, but hearing rose complaining for a second time within a year is kind of funny.

If the bulls had an enforcer type player i dont think rose would get fouled so hard.

And when you whine to the media, i dont like it. I dont like that lebron did it, and i dont like that anyone does it.

Rose will feel hard fouls a lot more going forward now that everyone in the league knows it is affecting him.

agree 100%. Too add to that, it makes Rose look weak when he has to complain to the media instead of talking some smack back to the player that hit him.

piaband
04-16-2012, 12:26 PM

You really want to start comparing Derrick Rose to the Black Mamba?

Mmm. Okay.

Kobe came straight out of high school while Rose didn't. At that stage of the NBA, he was vilified for not going to college. Iverson and 11 other guys were picked over him (12 idiot GM's) while Rose was a #1 pick. When you're a #1 pick, you very well damn produce right away.

Now with the whole league MVP thing....well, Steve Nash has 2 while Shaq & Kobe each have 1, but those guys are multiple time champions while Nash hasn't even made it to the finals.....

Yeah, that's the value of the MVP, a regular season award. Rose was given the key to the city of Chicago (his hometown) ever since he was drafted. Kobe had to put up with **** with a **** coach in Del Harris, and the Lakers finally made the smart move of trading away Eddie Jones (who was already with the Lakers before Kobe came) and that paved the way for Kobe to do work. Kobe EARNED his status in the NBA. Let's see if Rose can uphold that #1 overall pick status or if he ends up on another team like previous #1 draft picks like LeBron, Bogut, and soon to be Dwight Howard if he doesn't win a championship in Chicago.

Thanks for making me going off a tangent.

Most tangential argument ever. Just made yourself look stupid. Congrats.

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 12:26 PM
If you are saying Rose is the strongest pg in the league then he shouldn't be complaining. AI used to get beat down much harder than Rose. He was only 160 lbs and barely 6 feet tall. If a guy much smaller than Rose isn't complaining about foul calls then Rose should learn to toughen up.

LOL... knick fans are funny

AI career 8.9 FTA per game
Drose career 5.0 FTA per game

clearly drose is getting just as many foul calls as AI got...

Stinkyoutsider
04-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Smart move by Rose. Calling out fouls so the refs start looking at him more closely. He'll probably get more calls now.

I've noticed after watching him since he was a rookie, he's just not as tough as a lot of the other superstars like James and Durant. He tends to over-emphasize things when he takes a hit or falls. I guess it's just Rose being himself.

If he's upset about taking hits to his face now, wait until the playoffs come. I'm sure bigs like Chandler and Howard won't think twice about putting him on the floor...

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 12:29 PM

wait... so he should retaliate during a game, now??

he's trying to win, not give away free throws... if you knew anything about thibs, you would know that he chastises any player for giving the opponent free throws for not controlling themselves. (ie, noah)...

talking about it after the game doesn't have a negative effect on the bulls during the game...

YashBoone
04-16-2012, 12:29 PM
You know, I really don't disagree with rose. Guys go after him (amongst others) cause he's so good and people can't stand that ****.

But I can't sit here and say that he gets the **** end of the stick. The nba is a joke anymore with the way it protects it's superstars.

Look at Blake for instance. The man is allowed to pretty much do whatever he wants.
He taunts, punches dudes in the face, uses the defenders body to get more height, but there is never a foul or tech called.

But I watch shumpert dunk on kg and just look at him hard and gets called for the tech

Bottom line, this league protects and babies it's superstars so drose should just chill out

bears2012fosho
04-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Before u Lakers, Knicks and Heat fan-turds bash a legit "superstar" for wanting more calls called for him check your little princess players and their stats:

Kobe
FG attempts per game at the rim: 3.6
FT attempts per game: 7.9

Melo
FGA at the rim: 5.7
FTA per game: 6.8

James
FGA at the rim: 6.6
FTA per game: 7.9

Rose
FGA at the rim: 6.3
FTA per game: 6.4

Westbrook (not a superstar)

That is why he complained TWICE so far about not getting calls. NBA refs treat him same level as Westbrook. He is an elite player. He should get elite player calls. The guy avgs more FGA at the rim then most here. AND I have not even mentioned the 3-9 feet range attempt disparities yet. He has guys aiming to take his legs out on the floaters he shoots.

I have yet to see a touch foul called for Rose as I have seen fake-injury-Wade get. Wade avg 6.2 FTA per game and he is not even the PRIMARY BALL HANDLER!!

Plus if I had a nickle for every minute you see Kobe, James, Melo, Wade, Pierce, Rondo standing next to the ref on dead balls *****ing about not getting a call or having a foul called on them, I would be filthy rich.

BTW, NBA technical foul leaders includes

Westbrook 10, Melo 9, Kobe 9, Rondo 8, Pierce 5, C Paul 8, Wade 5, Jame 2, ROse 1!!!!

Now what do you suppose majority of their techs are for, if not for foul-call-*****ing???????????????

SO, You retards check the stats before open your traps.

ALSO, this for sissy Wade....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/730191-dwyane-wades-phantom-hip-contusion

Captain Moroni
04-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Yes derrick you are the only star player that gets hit. LOL

The goods
04-16-2012, 12:31 PM

This says it all,you can complain to the refs which I hate as well but don't complain to the media because that makes it worse.

gaughan333
04-16-2012, 12:31 PM

Neither would
Lebron
Wade
Bosh
Griffen
Paul
Melo
Etc.

Evolution23
04-16-2012, 12:32 PM

The reason for that is Rose shies away from contact while AI used to go right into the body of the defender. He was more aggressive in taking contact. Rose tries to maneuver around players and that's why he doesn't go to the line as much. Actually a lot of analysts argue Rose should take more contact.

monzternipz12
What do you think he should do about it?

Give a hard foul back. Simple as that. Defenses are gonna continually be physical especially in the playoffs (if not more). if the refs aren't gonna make the call for you then you gotta take matters into your own hands. you may get called for a foul or you may not, but at least the other player knows your not backing down. He can be smart about it too. Lets say Rose is bringing the ball up the court, have Noah give a hard blind screen and lay the defender on his ***. Foul may be called or it may not be, but at least he's on the ground now!! lol

chicago lulz
agree 100%. Too add to that, it makes Rose look weak when he has to complain to the media instead of talking some smack back to the player that hit him.

Oh...what's that? You didn't watch the game? Because Rose did talk back to CV. But yes let's make claims without knowing the facts.

It's just as weak when players constantly complain to the refs. I'd hope your judgement on Rose in the thread is similar to your judgement for Melo.

Wade>You
04-16-2012, 12:33 PM
29 teams are "sick & tired" of the blatant fouls that the NBA officiating allows the Bulls to get away with. Their defense sucks, they get beat off the dribble constantly, but they always have the last-second resort of their players collapsing and taking 4 swipes at the ball-handler to force a turnover and start a fast break. "Look at me, I'm talented!"

Seriously, I love to see these propped-up teams with average talent talk about how they're getting screwed on officiating. These guys actually believe they can compete with teams that have real talent.

If other teams were allowed to get away with what the Bulls get away with, they'd all be title contenders.

Bulls are nothing special, just propped up. Other teams COULD do what they're doing --- if the NBA officiating allowed them to. Alas, the NBA needs to milk the cash cow that is Chicago Bulls fans.

Swashcuff
04-16-2012, 12:33 PM

C'mon bro you can't be serious. A.I. was taking a literal pounding everytime he step foot on the floor. Unlike Rose he had the uncanny knack for getting to the line (Bulls fans were critical of Rose for not doing this prior to last season) just like guys like James Harden and Danillo Gallinari.

Again I have no beef with Rose voicing the way he feels but to compare his beating to the one A.I. took because of their FTA/G is not the most accurate way to go about it.

Welchman
04-16-2012, 12:35 PM
watched this game this morning...
i dont now what he is complaining about. was a decent hard foul on the ball!
nothing hurtful just good old smash mouth ball...

this.. Noah got fouled harder later in the game and just went on with his business... It was not flagrant

Captain Moroni
04-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Before u Lakers, Knicks and Heat fan-turds bash a legit "superstar" for wanting more calls called for him check your little princess players and their stats:

Kobe
FG attempts per game at the rim: 3.6
FT attempts per game: 7.9

Melo
FGA at the rim: 5.7
FTA per game: 6.8

James
FGA at the rim: 6.6
FTA per game: 7.9

Rose

Westbrook (not a superstar)

That is why he complained TWICE so far about not getting calls. NBA refs treat him same level as Westbrook. He is an elite player. He should get elite player calls. The guy avgs more FGA at the rim then most here. AND I have not even mentioned the 3-9 feet range attempt disparities yet. He has guys aiming to take his legs out on the floaters he shoots.

I have yet to see a touch foul called for Rose as I have seen fake-injury-Wade get. Wade avg 6.2 FTA per game and he is not even the PRIMARY BALL HANDLER!!

Plus if I had a nickle for every minute you see Kobe, James, Melo, Wade, Pierce, Rondo standing next to the ref on dead balls *****ing about not getting a call or having a foul called on them, I would be filthy rich.

BTW, NBA technical foul leaders includes

Westbrook 10, Melo 9, Kobe 9, Rondo 8, Pierce 5, C Paul 8, Wade 5, Jame 2, ROse 1!!!!

Now what do you suppose majority of their techs are for, if not for foul-call-*****ing???????????????

SO, You retards check the stats before open your traps.

ALSO, this for sissy Wade....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/730191-dwyane-wades-phantom-hip-contusion

What does any of this have to do with him complaining about getting hit? They all get hit, shut up and play Derrick. In the NYK Miami game yesterday, Melo got drilled 4-5 times, almost had his hand ripped off, Wade ended up slammed to the floor numerous times and LeBron got whacked over and over again, they just kept playing. Such is life in the NBA. If Rose thinks NBA teams will just continue to let him drive the lane without punishment, he is much mistaken, This is why having your PG as your number one option is a killer in the playoffs. And once again it will prove to be so. Then Rose can write a Book "Please don't hit me" with the extra time he has when Miami is playing OKC in the finals.

Evolution23
04-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Oh...what's that? You didn't watch the game? Because Rose did talk back to CV. But yes let's make claims without knowing the facts.

It's just as weak when players constantly complain to the refs. I'd hope your judgement on Rose in the thread is similar to your judgement for Melo.

yes it is weak when you talk back to the refs but its weaker to talk about it to the media. If Rose did talk smack back that's good but don't go public with that because now other players know your weakness and they will use it against him and take him out of Zone.

Swashcuff
Give a hard foul back. Simple as that. Defenses are gonna continually be physical especially in the playoffs (if not more). if the refs aren't gonna make the call for you then you gotta take matters into your own hands. you may get called for a foul or you may not, but at least the other player knows your not backing down. He can be smart about it too. Lets say Rose is bringing the ball up the court, have Noah give a hard blind screen and lay the defender on his ***. Foul may be called or it may not be, but at least he's on the ground now!! lol

You know this is the NBA right? Once a trend such as that is developed the only team that would suffer would be the Bulls. Superstars have been getting this sort of treatment from the dawn of the NBA. The Bulls defense is one of the most physical in the league already no need to risk losing key players for extended periods of time because you saw the need to get back at someone.

The goods
When you drive to the whole like rose does what does he expect? Maybe they should just move out the way when he goes to the whole,I like the hard fouls those touch fouls aren't cutting it and only lead to and 1's. But keep them hard and not cheap shots.

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 12:38 PM
The reason for that is Rose shies away from contact while AI used to go right into the body of the defender. He was more aggressive in taking contact. Rose tries to maneuver around players and that's why he doesn't go to the line as much. Actually a lot of analysts argue Rose should take more contact.

excuses and double standards is all i hear...

the guy gets hit way more than the foul is called, i believe that's his only argument.. people calling him soft, please tell me where he complains about hard fouls?? the dude can take a hard hit, he just want's a foul called...

Captain Moroni
04-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Rose does seem entitled here

chicago lulz
04-16-2012, 12:39 PM
29 teams are "sick & tired" of the blatant fouls that the NBA officiating allows the Bulls to get away with. Their defense sucks, they get beat off the dribble constantly, but they always have the last-second resort of their players collapsing and taking 4 swipes at the ball-handler to force a turnover and start a fast break. "Look at me, I'm talented!"

Seriously, I love to see these propped-up teams with average talent talk about how they're getting screwed on officiating. These guys actually believe they can compete with teams that have real talent.

If other teams were allowed to get away with what the Bulls get away with, they'd all be title contenders.

Bulls are nothing special, just propped up. Other teams COULD do what they're doing --- if the NBA officiating allowed them to. Alas, the NBA needs to milk the cash cow that is Chicago Bulls fans.
lol, your dislike for the Bulls has caused you to make inane comments. A similar conspiracy can be said about the Heat.

Evolution23
04-16-2012, 12:39 PM

This guy gets it

Captain Moroni
04-16-2012, 12:40 PM

the guy gets hit way more than the foul is called, i believe that's his only argument.. people calling him soft, please tell me where he complains about hard fouls?? the dude can take a hard hit, he just want's a foul called...

With the shape his body is in right now, maybe he cant take a hard hit?

Swashcuff
04-16-2012, 12:40 PM

There is no excuse or double standard there. Its %100 correct. I don't know you know this but every superstar players (especially those that attack the rim as aggressively as Rose) gets hacked damn near every time they get in the lane. Its been that way for quite some time.

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 12:41 PM
What does any of this have to do with him complaining about getting hit? They all get hit, shut up and play Derrick. In the NYK Miami game yesterday, Melo got drilled 4-5 times, almost had his hand ripped off, Wade ended up slammed to the floor numerous times and LeBron got whacked over and over again, they just kept playing. Such is life in the NBA. If Rose thinks NBA teams will just continue to let him drive the lane without punishment, he is much mistaken, This is why having your PG as your number one option is a killer in the playoffs. And once again it will prove to be so. Then Rose can write a Book "Please don't hit me" with the extra time he has when Miami is playing OKC in the finals.

you're absolutely kidding yourself if you think those 3 don't complain on a regular basis to the refs after almost every shot they miss, and some they make...

wade has been criticized by heat fans for not getting back on defense when he misses a shot, because he too busy complaining about a no call...

gaughan333
04-16-2012, 12:42 PM
yes it is weak when you talk back to the refs but its weaker to talk about it to the media. If Rose did talk smack back that's good but don't go public with that because now other players know your weakness and they will use it against him and take him out of Zone.

Why is it weaker to talk about it to the media?

They know his weakness? Hit him in hard in the face? I think that's a weakness that every human being shares.

Evolution23
04-16-2012, 12:43 PM
you're absolutely kidding yourself if you think those 3 don't complain on a regular basis to the refs after almost every shot they miss, and some they make...

wade has been criticized by heat fans for not getting back on defense when he misses a shot, because he too busy complaining about a no call...

complaining to the refs is annoying but complaining to the media takes it to another level.

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 12:43 PM
There is no excuse or double standard there. Its %100 correct. I don't know you know this but every superstar players (especially those that attack the rim as aggressively as Rose) gets hacked damn near every time they get in the lane. Its been that way for quite some time.

right, and they get fouls called...

this is what rose is talking about??? he's not complaining about hits, he's complaining about no calls...

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 12:44 PM
complaining to the refs is annoying but complaining to the media takes it to another level.

double standard?? got it...

he plays the game to win, he doesn't want to cost his team by not getting back because he wants to complain to the refs...

chicago lulz
04-16-2012, 12:44 PM
He complained about lack of calls once, then complained about cheap shots. Not hits in general...

The hit didn't take him out of his zone though, so I'm not following you...

Sactown
04-16-2012, 12:45 PM
If he thinks he gets hit hard going to the paint he should look at some early AI videos lol... AI ran right into defenders with reckless abandon. But seriously I stop taking him serious when he mentions how he's a superstar. Granted things look much worse when you're 6'3 and flying in the air and you get bumped compared to 6'8 or 7'0. Dwight and Lebron take so much more of a punishment, but it's much harder to tell because they power through most of it. This is something he should let his coach say and not himself.. also referring to the needles thing... *****..

Evolution23
04-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Why is it weaker to talk about it to the media?

They know his weakness? Hit him in hard in the face? I think that's a weakness that every human being shares.

Rose needs to handle it himself is what I'm saying. That is all.

Evolution23
04-16-2012, 12:47 PM
double standard?? got it...

he plays the game to win, he doesn't want to cost his team by not getting back because he wants to complain to the refs...

I said complaining to the refs is annoying, which means I disagree with it. Read it again!

monzternipz12
God, I think bulls fans are getting weak. Lets just allow teams to push us around physically. "its ok to hit me in the face, you probably didn't mean it", "its ok to push me off rebounds", "its ok to give me hard screens", "am i bending over enough for you??!!"

Shmontaine
C'mon bro you can't be serious. A.I. was taking a literal pounding everytime he step foot on the floor. Unlike Rose he had the uncanny knack for getting to the line (Bulls fans were critical of Rose for not doing this prior to last season) just like guys like James Harden and Danillo Gallinari.

Again I have no beef with Rose voicing the way he feels but to compare his beating to the one A.I. took because of their FTA/G is not the most accurate way to go about it.

i'm not saying they should be equal, but the fact is drose drives to the basket all the time... i didn't start the comparison of AI/drose..

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Rose tries to avoid contact like nobody i have seen. Plus he is super quick. Thats not an insult, its part of the reason he is so good but it has to be hard for refs to see fouls with how fast rose moves and the fact he does try to avoid contact.

gaughan333
04-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Rose needs to handle it himself is what I'm saying. That is all.

How is *****ing to refs, during the game, instead of playing, any worse than bringing it up after the game? So you are saying you would rather have a player stop in a game and cry to refs, then address it after the game?

And before you try to say that you disagree with complaining to the refs too, you stated that doing it this way is worse. I'd like to know why doing it this way is worse than complaining to a ref during the game

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 12:50 PM
God, I think bulls fans are getting weak. Lets just allow teams to push us around physically. "its ok to hit me in the face, you probably didn't mean it", "its ok to push me off rebounds", "its ok to give me hard screens", "am i bending over enough for you??!!"

you'd be happy with drose getting a retaliatory technical foul last night??

the bulls would've most likely lost... way to use your head...

Tmath
What a baby

chicago lulz

lol who's saying this? How did you come to this conclusion?

ManRam
He probably does take more abuse than some of his fellow PGs...just because he attacks the rim so much. Ask Iverson what it feels like entering the land of the bigs so much. That's how it goes. Hard fouls suck, but it's part of the game, and it isn't nearly as bad as it was 10 years ago, let alone 20.

Perhaps gamesmanship? It's the most important aspect of his game (getting to the rim/drawing fouls), so any leniency helps a bit.

Whining about officiating is something most everyone does. No reason to single him out here I guess...

EDIT: I see AI has been mentioned already. Nice!

monzternipz12
04-16-2012, 12:54 PM
wow, did i say to go punch the guy in the face?? NO. I said to be smart about it. What they can't give hard fouls? I understand the situation, they were down points and obviously that flagrant foul helped us. It tied the game for us. But if you're going to complain to the media about how bad your getting hit, STFU, and retaliate. Don't whine to the media, the next possession or the next time you see the pistons (or whatever team), play physical!!!

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 12:54 PM
lol who's saying this? How did you come to this conclusion?

Originally Posted by monzternipz12

He's a tool... bulls play basketball, if other teams need to muck it up to compete, i'm cool with that... i'm not okay with the bulls doing something other than what's gotten them to where they are now... just keep playing bulls basketball...

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 12:57 PM
wow, did i say to go punch the guy in the face?? NO. I said to be smart about it. What they can't give hard fouls? I understand the situation, they were down points and obviously that flagrant foul helped us. It tied the game for us. But if you're going to complain to the media about how bad your getting hit, STFU, and retaliate. Don't whine to the media, the next possession or the next time you see the pistons (or whatever team), play physical!!!

the bulls don't succeed playing physical... they aren't a weak team because of it... a weak team is the team that feels compelled to play dirty in order to compete, and it's not a sustainable solution...

monzternipz12
04-16-2012, 01:00 PM
its not playing dirty. its how basketball should be played. The damn game is getting soft. Back in the day, there were fights at least once a week. Why? bc no one took **** from no one!!

chicago lulz
04-16-2012, 01:01 PM
He's a tool... bulls play basketball, if other teams need to muck it up to compete, i'm cool with that... i'm not okay with the bulls doing something other than what's gotten them to where they are now... just keep playing bulls basketball...
I do wish we had KT still because it's nice to have an enforcer. Still, Bulls didn't get to where they were by retaliating with "smart hard fouls" so there's no dire need. Bulls play Bulls basketball. No need for petty bs, so long as we get the win.

It's hard to take someone with the username monster nipz seriously, and it doesn't help with the **** he's spewing outta his mouth.

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 01:01 PM
^^ yeah, and the league has made penalties worse for these actions... blame the league and the rules, not the players and the teams...

DaBear
04-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Rose haters out in full force.

Baller1
04-16-2012, 01:04 PM
I didn't really have a problem with it until he referred to himself as the "only superstar" that this is happening to.

1. Where's the humility everyone is always talking about.
2. It's just a blatant lie because it happens to every single superstar, some more than others.

As for the actual complaining, it's whatever... Not that big of a deal.

BklynKnicks3
04-16-2012, 01:05 PM
only guy who gets more calls then rose is durant how can he complain lol

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 01:07 PM

wow, i never looked at it that way.....

almost, like you've never looked at drose play...

kozelkid
04-16-2012, 01:08 PM
its not playing dirty. its how basketball should be played. The damn game is getting soft. Back in the day, there were fights at least once a week. Why? bc no one took **** from no one!!

Why do I have a feeling you weren't even alive to watch "back in the day."

Pacerlive
04-16-2012, 01:15 PM

Just looked it up. Among guards he ranks second in FTA on average. Right behind Kobe and in front of Westbrook. I think the refs take care of Rose just fine. I remember last year in game one against the Pacers he was at the line 21times.

bears2012fosho
04-16-2012, 01:15 PM

???????:facepalm:

Howard 10.6 Free throw attempts per game
love 8.4
james 7.9
kobe 7.4
durant 7.4
griffin 7.1
melo 6.8
magette 6.5
rose 6.4

SO that makes 8 guys getting more calls than ROSE.

xILLN355
04-16-2012, 01:17 PM
countless threads bulls fans hate on involving superstars, but once a rose one comes up they get all butthurt. lol

bears2012fosho
04-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Just looked it up. Among guards he ranks second in FTA on average. Right behind Kobe and in front of Westbrook. I think the refs take care of Rose just fine. I remember last year in game one against the Pacers he was at the line 21times.

Who the hell cares if he is the 2nd amongst guards. I don't thing refs call fouls based on the positions. Refs call fouls on WHO has the ball and WHO with the ball is getting fouled. Did you see the pacers game last year even>?? THe pacers themselves said their plan was to foul rose hard so that he will be fatigued.

monzternipz12
04-16-2012, 01:21 PM
again, bulls fans being weak. bulls are on top of the league? they haven't proved anything yet other than being great in the regular season. The bulls are going to be in it the till the end, at least I hope. But we saw last year and all the other playoffs that it gets testy and physical in the playoffs. Are teams gonna lighten up on Rose in the playoffs? Absolutely not. The man better get use to getting fouled hard bc coaches are gonna tell their team to foul Rose hard. Why? to eliminate the and 1 and bc Rose sucks at clutch free throws.

And trust me, I'm old enough to know what "back in the day" bball looked like. I hoop at CSU, 79th and cottage, and halsted and 30th, i know how to take a hard foul. I'm not getting paid millions of dollars. I don't cry about fouls neither. I just play the game.

Pacerlive
04-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Who the hell cares if he is the 2nd amongst guards. I don't thing refs call fouls based on the positions. Refs call fouls on WHO has the ball and WHO with the ball is getting fouled. Did you see the pacers game last year even>?? THe pacers themselves said their plan was to foul rose hard so that he will be fatigued.

He's getting the same amount of fouls called as Westbrook.. I don't get the problem here.

IF you want him to get the same amount of calls as Howard then see this :violin: on the way out of this thread.

Master Mind
04-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Gotta love that he refers to himself as a superstar LOL...Wow....

Anyway, I'm glad there are more hard fouls happening. Cheap shots are different than hard fouls. I think he's so used to driving in and people just letting him lay it up or finish at the rim. Knock him down, and make him think twice about it. Nothing malicious, just a good ole' fashion hard foul. Of course the league will probably suspend you these days so do it at your own risk.

I was just about to say this...

Pacerlive
04-16-2012, 01:26 PM
again, bulls fans being weak. bulls are on top of the league? they haven't proved anything yet other than being great in the regular season. The bulls are going to be in it the till the end, at least I hope. But we saw last year and all the other playoffs that it gets testy and physical in the playoffs. Are teams gonna lighten up on Rose in the playoffs? Absolutely not. The man better get use to getting fouled hard bc coaches are gonna tell their team to foul Rose hard. Why? to eliminate the and 1 and bc Rose sucks at clutch free throws.

And trust me, I'm old enough to know what "back in the day" bball looked like. I hoop at CSU, 79th and cottage, and halsted and 30th, i know how to take a hard foul. I'm not getting paid millions of dollars. I don't cry about fouls neither. I just play the game.

In playoffs you better believe he's going to get hit more especially in the later rounds. Teams like the Pacers got Fesenko just for the 6 hard fouls he could deliver.

TheIlladelph16
04-16-2012, 01:27 PM
I don't really care if players complain to the referees during a game. It's part of the game and it can be both beneficial and detrimental to your team. If Rose thinks he is getting fouled, make your point known the referees if he thinks that will get him more calls.

The issue is taking it to the media to complain about it. Once the press gets this it all gets spun out of control and it can take a tole on good teams.

NORMeaga
04-16-2012, 01:27 PM
theres a lot of hate here...if Rose was on your team you'd love the fact that he's finally speaking out!

Sactown
04-16-2012, 01:28 PM
???????:facepalm:

Howard 10.6 Free throw attempts per game
love 8.4
james 7.9
kobe 7.4
durant 7.4
griffin 7.1
melo 6.8
magette 6.5
rose 6.4

SO that makes 8 guys getting more calls than ROSE.
Free throws don't = drawing fouls... example
If Drose is fouled and converts 4 times and Magette is fouled 4 times and doesn't convert that means Rose takes 4 free throws and Magette takes 8...

And that's not even including on the floor fouls... I'm not saying he's right, but I am saying you're wrong.

NORMeaga
04-16-2012, 01:29 PM
i also see nothing wrong with him referring to himself as a superstar only because it is absolutely true!

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 01:31 PM
In playoffs you better believe he's going to get hit more especially in the later rounds. Teams like the Pacers got Fesenko just for the 6 hard fouls he could deliver.

right, because the only way the pacers can hope to compete with the bulls is to try to hurt people... we saw this last year...

PleaseBeNice
04-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Wahhhhhhhhhhhh :cry:

BradfordIsElite
04-16-2012, 01:33 PM
All I knows is, the Bulls have looked pretty damned good without him. ;)

TrueProdigy
04-16-2012, 01:35 PM
You guys still dont get that he is not talking about the foul calls he is talking about getting Blatantly attacked he gets fouled hard and dont speak out about it Howard destroyed him one game and he didnt say nothing He got hit in the face it was a flagrant foul

and to monernipz or whatever your tool name is noone believes your a bulls fan troll go back to whatever team your a fan of which I am guessing is heat or knicks

and why is everyone getting on him for calling himself a superstar most people put him in the top 5-7 is he not a superstar?

Hawkeye15
04-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Give the kid a tissue...

Hawkeye15
04-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Bulls fans, there is no need to protect him on this one. He is flat out being a baby. If he feels like calls are being missed on him, there are better ways to handle it then whining to the press as one of the poster boys for the league.

The league is so soft nowadays. And that softness starts with some of the major stars.

D12 fan
04-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Rose has complained a lot this year,what happened to the shy kid who won MVP,I guess all the hype has gotten to his head.

Fnom11
04-16-2012, 01:40 PM
You guys still dont get that he is not talking about the foul calls he is talking about getting Blatantly attacked he gets fouled hard and dont speak out about it Howard destroyed him one game and he didnt say nothing He got hit in the face it was a flagrant foul

Howard, LBJ, Wade, Kobe, Westbrooke, Durant, Griffin, pretty much all stars get fouled HARD especially the first 2 because of their physical dominance over other players. I've never heard LBJ complain about a hard foul. I'm not bashing Rose for doing it, though.

TrueProdigy
04-16-2012, 01:43 PM
I agree with you they all get fouled hard what i am saying is that everyone here is saying he is whinning about the amount of fouls when thats not what is happening and I dont see how it makes him soft to answer media questions about the foul. I would rather have him do that then make a fool about himself on the court like and not run on Defense or cost his team free throws. Guess I just dont see the problem here

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Bulls fans, there is no need to protect him on this one. He is flat out being a baby. If he feels like calls are being missed on him, there are better ways to handle it then whining to the press as one of the poster boys for the league.

The league is so soft nowadays. And that softness starts with some of the major stars.

why are you allowing to this thread to stay open?? it's clearly going nowhere, but perhaps your personal views on derrick are clouding your judgement..

i've seen you close threads on post #4 that had more potential than this one...

Hawkeye15
04-16-2012, 01:46 PM
why are you allowing to this thread to stay open?? it's clearly going nowhere, but perhaps your personal views on derrick are clouding your judgement..

i've seen you close threads on post #4 that had more potential than this one...

Because I haven't read all 12 pages, and I flipped over to the reported posts thread, and didn't see anything from here reported there. Therefore, I figure its not a problem.

If you don't report posts, and we don't catch it right away, what do you expect? I am not reading 12 pages.

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Howard, LBJ, Wade, Kobe, Westbrooke, Durant, Griffin, pretty much all stars get fouled HARD especially the first 2 because of their physical dominance over other players. I've never heard LBJ complain about a hard foul. I'm not bashing Rose for doing it, though.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-04-01/lebron-james-says-hard-fouls-arent-getting-called-his-way?story-topic-NBA=NCAAB

Turns out, Dwight Howard isnt the only Floridian who feels slighted by NBA officials. Miami Heat forward LeBron James, too, is lodging some of the same complaints that have become routine for Howard because of his size and physical build, James feels he takes a lot of contact on plays that should be called flagrant fouls but wind up as simple personals.

What sparked James was a breakaway on Wednesday against the Wizards. Rather than give James an easy dunk on the play, Wizards forward Mo Evans laid a hard foul on him, grabbing James around the neck. James complained to the refs and was given a technical foul.

I dont know if Mo Evans intention was to be dirty, James told reporters. I watch a lot of basketball. I see a lot of basketball every day. Every time someone gets grabbed around the neck, it's an automatic flagrant foul. If Im wrong, tell me Im wrong. But it seems like every time I get hit hard or a hard foul, and all I get is two shots and they take the ball out.

Heat coach Erik Spoelstra agreed, acknowledging that James can be difficult to officiate because of his unique combination of muscle and athleticism. He absorbs a lot more contact than people realize, Spoelstra said. Hes big and tough enough that he shrugs it off. But you go in there and see him in the locker room. He has got ice on pretty much every part of his body.

Southsideheat
04-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Rose tries to avoid contact like nobody i have seen. Plus he is super quick. Thats not an insult, its part of the reason he is so good but it has to be hard for refs to see fouls with how fast rose moves and the fact he does try to avoid contact.

That will ALWAYS be the problem with Rose. That's why he's been complaining lately because refs are assuming he's avoiding contact because there is no difference in his speed in the lane. He needs to slow down his tempo in order to get more calls, he can't go 100 MPH every time. So what Rose is saying is true, he gets hacked more than anyone in the league, just like shaq, but Shaq was so huge refs didn't see the affect of the foulon him, so they wouldn't call it, same here for Rose but he has speed. He is not soft (ask anybody in the league, its ridiculous to even say that) but he has to take it upon himself to milk some of these calls so the refs see it. He'll figure it out, he did last year toward the end of the year, he will again this year.

Shmontaine
Because I haven't read all 12 pages, and I flipped over to the reported posts thread, and didn't see anything from here reported there. Therefore, I figure its not a problem.

If you don't report posts, and we don't catch it right away, what do you expect? I am not reading 12 pages.

so you rely on complaints before you action is taken??

psd mod = nba official

:D

Pacerlive
right, because the only way the pacers can hope to compete with the bulls is to try to hurt people... we saw this last year...

Please.. There was one hard foul by Foster that you could have said was dirty. Out of 6 games in the playoffs thats nothing.

I have no problem with taking the approach of hurting people in the playoffs. I don't like trying to injury a guy but planting his butt on the hardwood as he drives in all the time I have no problem with. IF he gets hurt doing that so be it.

Fnom11
04-16-2012, 01:54 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-04-01/lebron-james-says-hard-fouls-arent-getting-called-his-way?story-topic-NBA=NCAAB

They specifically asked him about a foul? He didn't complain to the media about refs.

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Please.. There was one hard foul by Foster that you could have said was dirty. Out of 6 games in the playoffs thats nothing.

6 games??? that series was closer than i thought...

I have no problem with taking the approach of hurting people in the playoffs. I don't like trying to injury a guy but planting his butt on the hardwood as he drives in all the time I have no problem with. IF he gets hurt doing that so be it.

and that would be considered dirty...

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 01:56 PM
They specifically asked him about a foul? He didn't complain to the media about refs.

and drose was answering a question as well... but somehow, there's a huge difference in your eyes...

Fnom11
04-16-2012, 01:58 PM
and drose was answering a question as well... but somehow, there's a huge difference in your eyes...

One is complaining, one isn't?

Southsideheat
04-16-2012, 02:00 PM
One is complaining, one isn't?

both are exactly the same.

Pacerlive
04-16-2012, 02:01 PM
+

and that would be considered dirty...

Well consider me a fan that likes superstars on their backside when they drive to the hole every other play. I don't want Rose to get injuried but if he gets bruised and swollen then so be it.

Its called protecting the paint which is a lost art in the NBA.

Fnom11
04-16-2012, 02:03 PM
both are exactly the same.

"I'm sick and tired of people trying to take cheap shots at me. You got to say something."

"But it seems like every time I get hit hard or a hard foul, and all I get is two shots and they take the ball out.

They're not the same lol

Southsideheat
04-16-2012, 02:04 PM
i will say this though, Rose doesn't realize the pain he inflicts to defenders on his drives either. mass x acceleration = force

chicago lulz
04-16-2012, 02:05 PM
They're not the same lol

lol they're both complaining.

TheRunKiller
And people wonder why I hate on players & teams so much. look at this thread turning into a Rose bash. **** all of you haters

Southsideheat
They're not the same lol

i forgot, one is talking about illegal plays and the other is not.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Omg lmao. This guy is so full of himself, humble my ***. Being a shy and being a ***** doesnt mean your humble. When you refer yourself as a superstar and then basically ask to get special treatment because of it, youre a *****.

TheRunKiller
Wahhhhhhhhhhhh :cry:

funny that your sig is Cousins he's the biggest cry baby in the NBA

Fnom11
lol they're both complaining.

They're both complaining except it sounds like Rose is crying about it and LBJ thinks that play should've been a flagrant.

chicago lulz
04-16-2012, 02:08 PM
And people wonder why I hate on players & teams so much. look at this thread turning into a Rose bash. **** all of you haters

So you're not better than the "haters"...

nycsports2
04-16-2012, 02:08 PM
this isnt a bait thread at all, this is him being soft as **** go talk 2 allen iverson... you dont like it?? get a jump shot!!

Max.This
04-16-2012, 02:09 PM
when he gets hit, he takes it like a man and muscle through it. When other "superstars" get hit they flop like a mfer and then cry about it. The dude is a point guard and gets hammered, but he doesn't usually complain until now. Other stars dont ***** cause they always get the benefit of the doubt even when they flop. You can tell it by their stupid expressions after the foul is called when they smerk and laugh about it. So what he says hes sick of getting cheap shotted, better than flopping like a dead fish when getting touched. I'm a knicks fan and im saying this

nycsports2
Well consider me a fan that likes superstars on their backside when they drive to the hole every other play. I don't want Rose to get injuried but if he gets bruised and swollen then so be it.

Its called protecting the paint which is a lost art in the NBA.

im with this guy

TheRunKiller
So you're not better than the "haters"...

guess not its hard

chicago lulz
04-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Omg lmao. This guy is so full of himself, humble my ***. Being a shy and being a ***** doesnt mean your humble. When you refer yourself as a superstar and then basically ask to get special treatment because of it, youre a *****.
"The Chosen One"

They're both complaining except it sounds like Rose is crying about it and LBJ thinks that play should've been a flagrant.

lol, were their tear stains in the article? Did you see how he answered the question, and was he in fact crying?

I know it's easier to base things off of assumptions, but it doesn't make it right.

DaBear
04-16-2012, 02:12 PM
this isnt a bait thread at all, this is him being soft as **** go talk 2 allen iverson... you dont like it?? get a jump shot!!

Get a real team.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-16-2012, 02:13 PM
This kind of talk is an embarrassment to the game and it's history. The reigning MVP talking about not getting enough fouls when he's in the top 10 in FTA.... :pity:

AI, Kobe, Wade, and a crap load of other stars never went to the press and start whining like a girl. Rose deserves to be ripped for this.

LGhost
04-16-2012, 02:15 PM
This thread is popping! Go Rose!

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-16-2012, 02:16 PM
You know what D Wade does when he gets hit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqGEmv-IcvY

DaBear
04-16-2012, 02:16 PM
This kind of talk is an embarrassment to the game and it's history. The reigning MVP talking about not getting enough fouls when he's in the top 10 in FTA.... :pity:

AI, Kobe, Wade, and a crap load of other stars never went to the press and start whining like a girl. Rose deserves to be ripped for this.

No, instead they ***** and moan to the refs, or flop like little *****es to get every call. Rose plays like a man, not like a *****.

DaBear
04-16-2012, 02:17 PM
You know what D Wade does when he gets hit?

http://www.windycitybanter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/wade-crying.jpg

Fixed

Swashcuff
04-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Why do guys keep using FTAs as an indicator if a player is getting the calls he should or not? I mean by no means would that accurately tell if a player is getting the calls. It just mean that he either attacks the basket quite a lot or is looking to get fouled while shooting and is good at it. In Rose's case its more due to the fact that he attacks the basket as much as he does.

chicago lulz
04-16-2012, 02:21 PM

No, they keep that to the court. Which is witnessed by viewers, fans, etc. So how is the complaining on the floor not an embarrassment to the game and it's history.

There are plenty of examples where these superstars you listed embarrassed the game and its history.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 02:22 PM

At least you acknowledge your a hater.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-16-2012, 02:23 PM
No, instead they ***** and moan to the refs, or flop like little *****es to get every call. Rose plays like a man, not like a *****.

Not anymore. He's a whining little ***** asking to get more calls lol. That's worse than flopping, by far.

DaBear
04-16-2012, 02:24 PM
No, they keep that to the court. Which is witnessed by viewers, fans, etc. So how is the complaining on the floor not an embarrassment to the game and it's history.

There are plenty of examples where these superstars you listed embarrassed the game and its history.

I always laugh at how stupid LeBron looks in your sig. What a tool.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-16-2012, 02:25 PM

The league is soft, there's no denying it. But players complain on the floor to the ref's face, not during a ****ing interview.

smith&wesson
04-16-2012, 02:25 PM
imagine he played in the bad boy pistons era, or the oakley knicks era. what would he say then

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-16-2012, 02:26 PM
I always laugh at how stupid LeBron looks in your sig. What a tool.

I think Rose is the only idiot out of place in that moment lol.

DaBear
04-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Not anymore. He's a whining little ***** asking to get more calls lol. That's worse than flopping, by far.

Your wrong, and no it's not worse than flopping. How is telling the media you don't get calls worse than *****ing to a ref? Rose was obviously frustrated about what happened, but even in that situation he didn't go crying to the ref. He took it for what it was. Floppers are the biggest ******* in the NBA because they ruin the game with their stupid antics.

RC3

He won't cause the media treats him like he is the next coming of MJ.

LGhost
imagine he played in the bad boy pistons era, or the oakley knicks era. what would he say then

lol that's a terrible argument, retract at once

DaBear
04-16-2012, 02:28 PM
I think Rose is the only idiot out of place in that moment lol.

Ha. Ask everyone outside of Miami who the tool is in that situation and you'll be surprised. LeBron's a ****ing clown.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Fixed
:facepalm:
If rose ever gets a season ending injury, i wonder what his facial expression would look like

DaBear
04-16-2012, 02:30 PM
The league is soft, there's no denying it. But players complain on the floor to the ref's face, not during a ****ing interview.

Rose didn't bring this up out of nowhere. The reporters ask these type of questions to get these answers. He spoke his mind. It's not like he went running up to the reporters to tell them how he felt.

And players who complain on the floor are *****es. Stop being a ***** and continue the game. The ref isn't gonna say "oh ok, you're right." :facepalm:

DaBear
04-16-2012, 02:31 PM
:facepalm:
If rose ever gets a season ending injury, i wonder what his facial expression would look like

I've seen many players have season ending injuries and shed no tears. Wade is a *****.

LGhost
04-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Floppers are the biggest ******* in the NBA because they ruin the game with their stupid antics.

Correct!!! Derrick Rose went off on Charlie as well... That's more manly than falling on the ground in the spooning position while the man who hit you stands over you... It's also more manly than running to the ref saying "but he hit me while pointing fingers"

Derrick Rose didn't point fingers, he spoke in general... Haters, come out and plaaaaaaay

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Your wrong, and no it's not worse than flopping. How is telling the media you don't get calls worse than *****ing to a ref? Rose was obviously frustrated about what happened, but even in that situation he didn't go crying to the ref. He took it for what it was. Floppers are the biggest ******* in the NBA because they ruin the game with their stupid antics.

Are you serious? The refs are the ones making the calls, not the media. So why in the world would he hide behind the media to get his point across instead of telling it to the refs face which is what 99% of players do?

And flopping is basically a player trying to get a certain call favored their way by acting. It is soft and horrible for the game, but Derrick Rose is LITERALLY TELLING the refs to call more fouls. How is that not worse?

AI
I find it so ****ed up that he calls himself a superstar.

DaBear
Correct!!! Derrick Rose went off on Charlie as well... That's more manly than falling on the ground in the spooning position while the man who hit you stands over you... It's also more manly than running to the ref saying "but he hit me while pointing fingers"

Derrick Rose didn't point fingers, he spoke in general... Haters, come out and plaaaaaaay

Agreed. A real man confronts someone when they have a problem. That's how it was done back then. Most of these NBA players today disgust me.

justinnum1
I do find it pathetic this is the second time in less than a year whining and complaining about not getting calls.

RC3
04-16-2012, 02:34 PM
There is a lot of hypocrisy in the refs. Wade slammed the ball last game and did not get technical while carmelo slammed the ball against the bucks and got a technical.

All I have to say is that the NBA has worst officiating in all of sports and it will never change.

Plus last week against the rose got fouled , but nobody even touched him. He does get superstar calls.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Agreed. A real man confronts someone when they have a problem. That's how it was done back then. Most of these NBA players today disgust me.

His problem is the refs, yet he chooses to talk to them through the media, if anything call them out on it on the court. Second time in less than a year going through the media:pity:

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-16-2012, 02:35 PM

Lmao thats exactly what Rose didnt do...

monzternipz12
04-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Why are bulls fans so soft and defensive with rose? It's ok to say he isn't perfect. The boy complains he's getting hit too hard but doesn't do anything about it but run his mouth to the media. I love you Rose, but pls STFU and play.

gaughan333
04-16-2012, 02:36 PM

Actually he did. He confronted Charlie Villanueva. Obviously you didn't watch the game and are just jumping in on this thread.

Can someone please explain why complaining to a ref is so much better than expressing that you are sick of not getting calls when asked a question about it?

I'd rather the player play through the game and address the problem afterwards, when there is a less emotional reaction and no chance of a technical

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 02:37 PM
There is a lot of hypocrisy in the refs. Wade slammed the ball last game and did not get technical while carmelo slammed the ball against the bucks and got a technical.

All I have to say is that the NBA has worst officiating in all of sports and it will never change.

Plus last week against the rose got fouled , but nobody even touched him. He does get superstar calls.
Every ref is different, and nba refs calling fouls is the most subjective of any sport. Nba refs suck no doubt but *****ing about it through the media isn't the answer.

monzternipz12
04-16-2012, 02:37 PM
lmao thats exactly what rose didnt do...

+1

smith&wesson
04-16-2012, 02:38 PM
lol that's a terrible argument, retract at once

who am i argueing with ? lol

im just saying the nba was alot tougher back in the day thats all. i love rose. im not baiting.

DaBear
Are you serious? The refs are the ones making the calls, not the media. So why in the world would he hide behind the media to get his point across instead of telling it to the refs face which is what 99% of players do?

Because *****ing to the refs does NOTHING but make the player look like an idiot. When do the refs ever change the ruling based off a players testimony anyway? Almost never, because most of the time the player is just bullshitting.

And flopping is basically a player trying to get a certain call favored their way by acting. It is soft and horrible for the game, but Derrick Rose is LITERALLY TELLING the refs to call more fouls. How is that not worse?

Are you kidding me? When Rose ACTUALLY gets fouled and sees he doesn't get enough calls is worse than a player acting to get calls? Wow. No wonder the game is so ****ed up today.

monzternipz12
Confronting a man with 5 men in btwn isn't confronting. I saw the game. Excuses galore around here!!

jp611
04-16-2012, 02:39 PM
I do find it pathetic this is the second time in less than a year whining and complaining about not getting calls.

So since Wade and Lebron do it at least 2 times a game, what is that? Must just be that 2nd level?

LGhost

This is the second time in two games straight games where they drew blood on him... I'm surprised this thread has been going on this long and you are just now posting your opinion,,, wait a minute, you already have... Where is that ignore button

DaBear

Actually, he did confront Villenueva..

justinnum1

im just saying the nba was alot tougher back in the day thats all. i love rose. im not baiting.

If your not praising rose then your hating him

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 02:40 PM
This is the second time in two games straight games where they drew blood on him... I'm surprised this thread has been going on this long and you are just now posting your opinion,,, wait a minute, you already have... Where is that ignore button

Click my name and figure it out, surprised its taken you this long

DaBear
Confronting a man with 5 men in btwn isn't confronting. I saw the game. Excuses galore around here!!

If 5 men weren't there he would be in his face or possibly called for a TF.

MJ-BULLS
He does get hacked and doesnt get calls like the likes of wade and lebron etc. but, i have always said that rose doesnt know how to draw contact properly to get a call. there is a art to drawing a foul call.

and i see stupid has come out.

LGhost
04-16-2012, 02:41 PM

Well duh it was tougher back then but if Rose was playing back then, it would be the norm for him...

Shmontaine
04-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Why are bulls fans so soft and defensive with rose? It's ok to say he isn't perfect. The boy complains he's getting hit too hard but doesn't do anything about it but run his mouth to the media. I love you Rose, but pls STFU and play.

wait, do you want him to complain to the refs during the game?? do you want him to retaliate against the player during the game??? or do you want him to STFU and play??

you're a tool... you contradict yourself over and over... and what you're asking drose to do is exactly what he did... but then you want him to hit back during the game... that's not exactly STFU and play....

Marlin234
04-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Lol bull fans are so sensitive. If it was Lebron they would be all over his case calling him a *****. But since it's rose, its okay to cry to media? All of you need to shut up and take it as it is. He's being a girl

justinnum1
He does get hacked and doesnt get calls like the likes of wade and lebron etc. but, i have always said that rose's doesnt know how to draw contact properly to get a call. there is a art to drawing a foul call.

I agree with this, but how effective would he be if he slowed down and took contact? I would think by year 4 he would figure this out. I def agree with there being an art to drawing a foul. He needs to watch some tape of wade in 2005 and 2006

JC_
One of the problems with Rose is he does that hardcore body jerk at the slightest hint of contact so it makes the refs job harder. He's so good at driving to the basket that not many teams can stop him and if you can't stop a guy you want to make damn sure he atleast knows he's going to get hammered if he wants to try and do that again.

The refs will call it if its a flagrant foul and people will be suspended if it's too hardcore so i'm not sure what else Rose wants. Lebron used to get completely mauled going to the rim and he expected it every time. It's the only way to stop players like that.

Look what Robert Horry did to Steve Nash a few years ago in the playoffs. He sent a message that ended up helping his team turn things around and beat Pheonix. Hard plays like that are cheap as **** but sometimes it's the difference between winning it all and losing. So Rose should come to terms that hes going to get knocked on his *** a ton during the playoffs. Especially if they end up playing a team like the Celtics who isn't afraid to play dirty.

Swashcuff
He does get hacked and doesnt get calls like the likes of wade and lebron etc. but, i have always said that rose doesnt know how to draw contact properly to get a call. there is a art to drawing a foul call.

As I earlier in this thread there have been many many Bulls fans who have been saying this all along especially in his first 2 seasons in the league so I don't understand why they are acting as if they never did.

effen5
Rose has a point. I would love to see his ft ratio compared to Bron or wade or even Blake. This kid gets fouled almost every play and never gets calls. He kept quiet but he was obviously frustrated and spoke to the media. The amount of calls or phantom calls bron wade or even Blake gets is just beyond ridiculous. So people ripping on him can stop because the amount of no calls rose gets I can pull an equal amount of phantom calls bron wade Blake and even cp3 get.

Mods close this thread, it really shouldn't even be a topic.

RC3
04-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Also I don't know why people are thinking the young stars today are "humble" like blake griffin, derrick rose, and kevin durant. They're just soft spoken during interviews.