PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to say that LeBron James is the only superstar in his absolute peak?

basketfan4life
04-16-2012, 06:33 AM
Kobe in his father time,

Wade nears his father time and not seems as good as 2 years ago,

Dirk, Kg, Duncan, all in father time.

If Carmelo doesn't produce like a superstar this playoffs and next year i don't know what to say about him.

Dwight is the only candidate here other than LBJ but he still seems one step behind his peak. If he ever gets there.

Durant, D-Rose, Westbrook are still too young to hit their peak.

So, what does this say to us? Is it gonna be LeBron's torch to pass? He will be the best player for years to come? Miami's best chance to win a title is the next 2-3 seasons considering Wade's age?

Toughts ?

thekmp211
04-16-2012, 06:53 AM
wade is still in his prime. what part of him game has declined?

dirk and nash have had extended primes due to the natures of their games.

h2r09
04-16-2012, 07:16 AM
wade isn't completely in his prime. dwight is probably the only other one.

yankeesown69
04-16-2012, 07:27 AM
If lebron wasn't on the heat youd notice that Wade was still in his prime, he can still do it all

BklynKnicks3
04-16-2012, 07:37 AM
How clueless are people wade and lebron had to Pair up obv they will produce playoff wins. Melo is all alone with a banged up amare who fell from top 10 top top 80 faster then anyone i seen. Put wade or lebron on a team with just bosh and tell me u are confident that they beat Melo because my Money would be on Melo.

bholly
04-16-2012, 07:49 AM
I don't think it's safe to say LBJ is at his absolute peak at all. He's only 27. Just because he's the best in the game, doesn't mean he can't get better. This might be his peak, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I'm not sure there are any superstars who're certainly at their peak. Wade I guess is the closest, but it's hard to say if he is - his circumstances have changed so much. Next closest is Dwight, and I'll be really disappointed if this (along with last year) is his peak. It also wouldn't be a huge surprise if we're at or around CP3's peak, given the possibility of injuries, but I guess in that case we'll probably look back and decide his absolute peak was a few years ago.

I don't think it's safe to say LBJ's at his, though. Not safe at all.

h2r09
04-16-2012, 07:56 AM
How clueless are people wade and lebron had to Pair up obv they will produce playoff wins. Melo is all alone with a banged up amare who fell from top 10 top top 80 faster then anyone i seen. Put wade or lebron on a team with just bosh and tell me u are confident that they beat Melo because my Money would be on Melo.

Nobody is saying anything about that and don't act like melo has no help. In fact it's kind of pathetic that he I fighting for an 8 seed with the team around him, even with injuries. Wade led his team to 4th in the east with his 2nd best player being Beasley/haslem

celtNYpatsHeels
04-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Nobody is saying anything about that and don't act like melo has no help. In fact it's kind of pathetic that he I fighting for an 8 seed with the team around him, even with injuries. Wade led his team to 4th in the east with his 2nd best player being Beasley/haslem

The East was much, much weaker back then.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 08:25 AM
The East was much, much weaker back then.

still. that ny team should be a top 4 seed. Blaming mike d is the easy excuse.

and lebron wont hit his peak prime till he's probably 28-29

dude is unreal, twists his ankle, stays in game and locks down melo in the 4th, i think his d can improve too.

bucketss
04-16-2012, 08:25 AM

lol so what are you saying? melo is better than wade and lebron?

mdm692
04-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Cp3??

bucketss
04-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Cp3??

i dont think he is in his absolute peak currently, that was 2008 i believe and after injuries he hasnt looked 100% the same

mjm07
04-16-2012, 09:50 AM

Yo these punk *** bustass aint know basketball!! MarshMELO's the truth, kid!!
:facepalm:

OK seriously, to answer the threads questions, I actually think only Wade is in his prime from the players you mentioned. Kobe, IMO, is also still there even at 33-34 yrs old. But that window is closing. He's still top 5 in my book.

Scary as hell to think how crazy good D-Rose, LBJ, Durant, Westbrook would be in a cple more years.

ManningToTyree
04-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Yo these punk *** bustass aint know basketball!! MarshMELO's the truth, kid!!

OK seriously, to answer the threads questions, I actually think only Wade is in his prime from the players you mentioned. Kobe, IMO, is also still there even at 33-34 yrs old. But that window is closing. He's still top 5 in my book.

Scary as hell to think how crazy good D-Rose, LBJ, Durant, Westbrook would be in a cple more years.

Because he said anything close to that...

I think Deron, Wade, and Howard are in their prime

meloman1592
04-16-2012, 10:32 AM

dude is unreal, twists his ankle, stays in game and locks down melo in the 4th, i think his d can improve too.

Homer alert

Swashcuff
04-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Homer alert

He didn't say anything homerish there. He was actually stating the truth. The Knicks should have a much better record than they actually do and I am quite certain that everyone would agree with that.

thekmp211
04-16-2012, 10:53 AM
blaming mike d for NY is easy, but it's fair. he's terrible.

re: primes. melo and dwight are probably in them as well. zach randolph.

knicks4life33
04-16-2012, 11:02 AM
yeah and the only allstar in his peak to have a reciding hairline and not shave it hahaha

basketfan4life
04-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Hey people, i am not talking about prime, i am talking about peak. Get the difference, i now wade is still in his prime, peak is something different. First learn what these words mean then talk about it, or leave the discussion to those who know it.

king4day
04-16-2012, 11:11 AM

You can thank Melo for that. He and Amar'e don't mesh together that well. If he is traded (STAT), watch him return to allstar form.

Fnom11
04-16-2012, 11:11 AM
brb "leraning" what words mean.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-16-2012, 11:14 AM
I think all of Miami's Big 3 are all at their peak. For 7 years, each of Wade, James and Bosh carried their franchises on their backs. Just because Bosh has had to subjugate his game for Wade and James to dominate doesn't mean he isn't at his peak. He's hitting his jumpshots consistently and at the highest clip than I can remember.

JordansBulls
04-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Wade and maybe Dwight.

thekmp211
04-16-2012, 11:40 AM
bosh too. definitely in his prime. PRIME and PEAK are different.

h2r09
04-16-2012, 03:44 PM
blaming mike d for NY is easy, but it's fair. he's terrible.

re: primes. melo and dwight are probably in them as well. zach randolph.

no its not fair. he is an offensive coach and offense was the problem. your players don't know how to play with each other. and carmelo does nothing for an offense but shoot. he plays like a point forward but produces like a pure scoring guard.

Cfrey
04-16-2012, 03:53 PM
lebron hasn't even had his best season yet so how is he in his prime?

Sinestro
04-16-2012, 03:56 PM
LeBron, Wade, Williams, Howard, Melo, Bosh and CP3 I think are in their primes Rose, Durant and Westbrook will hit their in 3-4 years

Donuts365
04-16-2012, 04:11 PM

well said

Donuts365
04-16-2012, 04:13 PM

beasley is better thdn everyone on knicks team

5ass
04-16-2012, 04:19 PM
beasley is better thdn everyone on knicks team

haha

basketfan4life
04-16-2012, 04:31 PM
lebron hasn't even had his best season yet so how is he in his prime?

This shows how your bball knowledge is near to nothing. Lebron James is not only in his prime, he might be in his peak too, but idk if you are capable of the difference.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 04:54 PM
This shows how your bball knowledge is near to nothing. Lebron James is not only in his prime, he might be in his peak too, but idk if you are capable of the difference.

lol, he is having his best year this year, bron hasn't hit his peak yet, his efficiency is going to increase. LMFAO at you thinking bron has peaked:laugh:

basketfan4life
04-16-2012, 04:58 PM
lol, he is having his best year this year, bron hasn't hit his peak yet, his efficiency is going to increase. LMFAO at you thinking bron has peaked:laugh:

i asked a question, i asked is it safe to say, you clearly say it is not. İ don't seee the problem ? may be you authomatically think someone is going to say some negative stuff about Bron, actually i praised him.

knicks4life33
04-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Is it safe to say there is a new lebron thread everyday and its getting annoying ?????

basketfan4life
04-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Is it safe to say there is a new lebron thread everyday and its getting annoying ?????

may be for you, not for me.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 05:09 PM

Very annoying, and they arent being started by heat fans...

Chronz
04-16-2012, 05:10 PM
I still havent seen Bron play any better than he has against the Magic, maybe that series vs Detroit. If that remains the standard then looking back he will have seen his PEAK come young.

Keep that in mind when your saying Rose/Westbrook are too young to have reached the pinnacle.

As for the topic, CP3 is looking better every game. I didnt think it was possible but hes approaching his peak form. He will never be able to sustain it for an entire regular season, so in that sense hes past his physical peak, but if he has the best playoff run of his career with the Clippers then I would consider it his finest season, so he could still be at his peak depending on how he handles playoff defenses.

Ive probably mentioned this to you but I notice alot of stars have 2 separate declines, a regular season decline and a playoff decline. When a player can no longer perform in the playoffs to the standard hes accustomed to, thats when I officially declare a player past his prime/peak.

CP3 is reminding

Greet
04-16-2012, 05:12 PM
I still havent seen Bron play any better than he has against the Magic, maybe that series vs Detroit. If that remains the standard then looking back he will have seen his PEAK come young.

Keep that in mind when your saying Rose/Westbrook are too young to have reached the pinnacle.

Honestly, KD might be at his peak as well. I don't see him getting much better. He's going to stay at where he is for a while.

knicks4life33
04-16-2012, 05:14 PM
may be for you, not for me.

pretty sure alot of other posters who come on this site on the norm and arent trolls would agree with me

ManRam
04-16-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure Durant isn't in his "prime". He might still have room to improve (LeBron has improved between last year and this year), but that doesn't mean he's not there already. I'd say he's in his prime.

I'm not sure Wade is out of his either...

Dwight is in the middle of it for sure. Paul as well.

Sounds like your definition of "peak" is the absolute best single season, maybe two, that you can have. I think "peaks" are a little longer than that. Sure, Paul's best season was in 2008, but he's still in the middle of his peak years IMO.

Greet
04-16-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure Durant isn't in his "prime". He might still have room to improve (LeBron has improved between last year and this year), but that doesn't mean he's not there already. I'd say he's in his prime.

I'm not sure Wade is out of his either...

Dwight is in the middle of it for sure. Paul as well.

I just don't see Durant getting much better...unless he improves defensively.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 05:15 PM
dwight would be so much better if he put 100% into every game imo

knicks4life33
04-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Since I am going to be a mod soon I think i might start onethread that has everything lebron related ? What do you guys think?

Cfrey
04-16-2012, 05:23 PM

LOL do you know how easy it is to provoke these type of responses from posters??

90 percent of the time I am making a smart *** comment... I post for the fun of it and to talk about basketball. I make stupid comments to stir discussion. How does any of that show my true basketball knowledge??

And yes LeBron is in his prime but I wouldn't declare that he has hit his peak just yet. ( if you wanted my serious opinion)

basketfan4life
04-16-2012, 05:39 PM
pretty sure alot of other posters who come on this site on the norm and arent trolls would agree with me

i don't get how this thread frustrates you, it is about Lebron at some level, but if you think about it, if the answer to the question is yes, then it might be a very unfamiliar thing for this league and it might have consequences, there is a question that i wonder peoples opinions about.

Is it so hard to give a pass, if so just don't post/read it, and leave it to the ones who enjoys it.It's not like i am cursing, bashing or trolling. The most awkard thing is (and this is not you) people who say this is so annoying and yet come and post to it like 3 times with their opinion on the subject

Meaze_Gibson
04-16-2012, 05:39 PM
CP3 is at that great moment of mentally and physically understanding the game now. Wade, Deron, Tony Parker, Dwight Howard, Monta Ellis, Josh Smith, Rondo,

Kuya_Clive
04-16-2012, 05:43 PM

Lebron is a ****ing tank

basketfan4life
04-16-2012, 05:43 PM
LOL do you know how easy it is to provoke these type of responses from posters??

90 percent of the time I am making a smart *** comment... I post for the fun of it and to talk about basketball. I make stupid comments to stir discussion. How does any of that show my true basketball knowledge??

And yes LeBron is in his prime but I wouldn't declare that he has hit his peak just yet. ( if you wanted my serious opinion)

hell yes, thanks.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Lebron is a ****ing tank

Thats like the 3rd time he twisted an ankle in a heat uni and i was shocked he stayed in, dude just tightens up his laces and plays on lol.

He did miss like 3 games last year for a sprain tho

Spiderman 1nner
04-16-2012, 06:13 PM
who said he's at his peak? he's improved every year. If you've noticed the trends, you'll see that since Jordan left the game; teams have given stars special treatment and it took away from the team element of the game. We saw a lot of prolific scorers who just couldn't carry their team past the lakers or spurs. Now, the game is getting back to proper basketball; this next generation of players are reinventing the art of playing without the ball and knowing your role in the system (i.e. the mavericks last year). When you play the right way; injuries occur a lot less, your able to play a lot longer, and your not trying to do more than you have to so all these factors combined will result in a longer career. There's no reason these players shouldn't be able to play in their 40's if they take care of their bodies and play the right way. I think the next decade your going to see the gap between black players and white and international players close significantly.

thekmp211
04-16-2012, 06:37 PM
no its not fair. he is an offensive coach and offense was the problem. your players don't know how to play with each other. and carmelo does nothing for an offense but shoot. he plays like a point forward but produces like a pure scoring guard.

they are playing together just fine now. mike d has a one size fits all approach to basketball, which is a pretty dumb way to approach anything in life.

it is crazy to think back on lebron vs. detroit. easily his best individual performance in the playoffs at least. what happened to that guy?

AIRMAR72
04-16-2012, 06:52 PM
If lebron wasn't on the heat youd notice that Wade was still in his prime, he can still do it all

i agree

joe1nas
04-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Lebron is not the best player in the leauge

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 07:09 PM

I'm listening.

Lakeshow24KB
04-16-2012, 07:31 PM

bucketss
04-16-2012, 07:34 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

lol always wanted to do that, yeah i disagree.

Raph12
04-16-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't think Dwight's in his prime yet, people forget that centers take longer to flourish, especially since Dwight doesn't have that natural feel for the game... I look at Dwight like Hakeem, he's just a late-bloomer.

kjoke
04-16-2012, 10:20 PM
I can see Lebron plateauing here for the next three years. Might imporive some aspects of his games, but he's playing at such a high level its hard to get better.