PDA

View Full Version : Clippers will manhandle Grizzlies in playoffs

Pages : [1] 2

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 09:41 PM
All this trash of how Grizzlies are contenders and darkhorse team with no respect for Clippers. When the Clippers demolish this team in 6 next month people are going to be blaming refs, flopping and whatever else they can. People say this is a team to fear and a contender but I don't see it.

Clippers 2-1 series win this year vs Memphis with two blowout wins. The only loss was IN Memphis and it was a 1 point game with a little over a minute left. Clippers came back from 17 down in that game. Have split the two seasons prior to this one too.

When the Clippers manhandle the Grizzlies in a few weeks I can't wait to see the excuses. I will make an avy bet with anybody for duration of playoffs if they want to bet on this series against me.

bholly
04-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Stop posting Clippers threads. Nobody cares. You aren't changing anyone's opinion. You aren't influencing anyone. You aren't proving anything. Just stop it.

zB_#85
04-15-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm your huckleberry. Grizz deeper, more talented, and definitely better coached. With Chauncey Clips would win but not as currently constructed.

tredigs
He WILL make an avy bet people! He's super cereal!

Clippersfan86
Stop posting Clippers threads. Nobody cares. You aren't changing anyone's opinion. You aren't influencing anyone. You aren't proving anything. Just stop it.

Clippers will influence for me in a couple weeks. Put your money where your mouth is and avy bet son....

Cal827
04-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Been a while since a Clipper thread.

I don't think so, Paul will have to go HAM cause IMO, I think Blake is gonna get in foul trouble dealing with Z-bo and Gaslol on occasion. Should be a good series though.

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm your huckleberry. Grizz deeper, more talented, and definitely better coached. With Chauncey Clips would win but not as currently constructed.

Yet they have a better record despite a much more difficult schedule, no time to gel and a MUCH ******** coach. Something is wrong with this equation... Do you have an explanation? Worse coach, no time to gel, more difficult schedule this year.. yet two full games better record. That's with every player besides Blake Griffin missing multiple games with injuries.

zB_#85
04-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Yet they have a better record despite a much more difficult schedule, no time to gel and a MUCH ******** coach. Something is wrong with this equation... Do you have an explanation? Worse coach, no time to gel, more difficult schedule this year.. yet two full games better record. That's with every player besides Blake Griffin missing multiple games with injuries.

Shut up. I'm not gonna argue with you, but as I said...I'm your huckleberry. So what's the bet, they sweep? 4-1? And you better not say straight up series win. Take your own advice and "put your money where your mouth is" because a 7 game series victory isn't "man handling" last I checked.

lakers4sho
04-15-2012, 09:53 PM
grizzlies in 5

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Shut up. I'm not gonna argue with you, but as I said...I'm your huckleberry. So what's the bet, they sweep? 4-1? And you better not say straight up series win. Take your own advice and "put your money where your mouth is" because a 7 game series victory isn't "man handling" last I checked.

Grizzlies are favorites... yet I'm not allowed to say an in general series win bet? I have to say a sweep or something lol? I think they win in 6 but the main point here is the "overrated" Clippers will beat the "underrated" Grizzlies.

SmartestGuyHere
04-15-2012, 09:58 PM
All this trash of how Grizzlies are contenders and darkhorse team with no respect for Clippers. When the Clippers demolish this team in 6 next month people are going to be blaming refs, flopping and whatever else they can. People say this is a team to fear and a contender but I don't see it.

Clippers 2-1 series win this year vs Memphis with two blowout wins. The only loss was IN Memphis and it was a 1 point game with a little over a minute left. Clippers came back from 17 down in that game. Have split the two seasons prior to this one too.

When the Clippers manhandle the Grizzlies in a few weeks I can't wait to see the excuses. I will make an avy bet with anybody for duration of playoffs if they want to bet on this series against me.

Are you going to go back to your bridge once CP3 leaves? Troll.

Avenged
04-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Good luck.

sportscrazed
04-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Grizzlies are too gritty for the Clippers imo. The Clippers just seem like they are going to fail.

zB_#85
04-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Grizzlies are favorites... yet I'm not allowed to say an in general series win bet? I have to say a sweep or something lol? I think they win in 6 but the main point here is the "overrated" Clippers will beat the "underrated" Grizzlies.

If your going to put "man handle" in the thread title, then ya I'd expect that confidence (or in this case cockiness) to be backed up.

NYKnickFanatic
04-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Im sure everyone thought the same thing last year, when they played the Spurs.

Cal827
04-15-2012, 10:02 PM
You know what, I'm going to live up to the name of Master-Baiter and say the following:

:dance::dance: GRIZZLIES IN 4 GAMES :dance::dance:

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Fine Lakers fan. You have a deal. Clippers in 6 is the gamble.

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 10:08 PM
You know what, I'm going to live up to the name of Master-Baiter and say the following:

:dance::dance: GRIZZLIES IN 4 GAMES :dance::dance:

:clap::win:

mjt20mik
04-15-2012, 10:08 PM
No, Blake Griffin will get manhandled by ZBO, and flop all over the place. I mean if you thought DMC's wind was powerful, imagine what ZBO's wind will do.

LGhost
04-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Only read the thread title.... My response

You might want to prepare for a rude awakening because you are in fairy tale land... Grizzlies are taking most teams they play to game 7 . . .

zB_#85
04-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Fine Lakers fan. You have a deal. Clippers in 6 is the gamble.

Not exactly man handling but I got you other LA team fan.

NothingbutWill
04-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Watch Clippers play Mavs instead.

zB_#85
04-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Lol seriously

gatkins11
04-15-2012, 10:15 PM

Bingo.

gatkins11
04-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Watch Clippers play Mavs instead.

The Clippers are the only team Dallas has a good chance to beat in the first round. Am I saying Dallas will beat them? No. But I'm saying they have a good chance.

tredigs
04-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Grizz took the Thunder to 7 games last year after taking out the 1 seed. And frankly they looked better than OKC in that series; Thunder were pretty fortunate to make it past them.

Not a team I'd want to face in the playoffs.

bholly
04-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Clippers will influence for me in a couple weeks. Put your money where your mouth is and avy bet son....

Put my money where my mouth is? You're asking me to avatar bet on whether you make too many Clippers threads that nobody cares about? How would that even work?

CityofTreez
04-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Chris Paul to Donald Sterling for LOB CITY!

zB_#85
04-15-2012, 10:25 PM
http://americajr.us/sports/GEDC4945.JPG

Top right of that picture...

Must be fun looking up at all those banners during their "home games"

OK done baiting. We'll chat after 1st round hopefully they play each other. Peace out!

Hustla23
04-15-2012, 10:26 PM
If the Clippers win even one game, I will be extremely shocked.

Ty Fast
04-15-2012, 10:28 PM
we dont even know if they are going to play

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 10:31 PM
If the Clippers win even one game, I will be extremely shocked.

So are you shocked that Clippers are two games up on the Grizzlies despite 9 new players, crap coach, season long injury to 3rd best player? No time to gel and beat up on the Grizzlies winning series 2-1 with two blowout wins and one loss IN Memphis in which Clippers cameback by 17 in 4th and almost won? :p

shep33
04-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Laker fan, and people should be careful about the Clippers. Very dangerous. CP3 in the playoffs is a different beast

Cal827
04-15-2012, 10:33 PM
So are you shocked that Clippers are two games up on the Grizzlies despite 9 new players, crap coach, season long injury to 3rd best player? No time to gel and beat up on the Grizzlies winning series 2-1 with two blowout wins and one loss IN Memphis in which Clippers cameback by 17 in 4th and almost won? :p

Ummm... on a side note... you don't think that crap coach might cost you come playoff game(s)? Just curious.

2-ONE-5
04-15-2012, 10:34 PM

you do realize that Randolph missed half this season right? Girzz in 6 (if they even play)

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Laker fan, and people should be careful about the Clippers. Very dangerous. CP3 in the playoffs is a different beast

This common sense and respect is all I expect. I'm sick of hearing about how amazing and underrated Grizzlies are... yet how overrated Clippers are. Imagine how good the Clippers can be with a couple seasons of experience together?

PrettyBoyJ
04-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Playoffs game slows down.. Grizzlies have a great half court team Gasol and Z-Bo will be hard to stop

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Playoffs game slows down.. Grizzlies have a great half court team Gasol and Z-Bo will be hard to stop

Clippers have not once fallen out of the top 5 this year as an overall ranked offense. They play at the 28th fastest pace. Do the math. They are a VERY adequate halfcourt team which is 3rd best in the league in turnovers.

jbeezy
04-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Grizzles in 4

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 10:45 PM
you do realize that Randolph missed half this season right? Girzz in 6 (if they even play)

Ever hear of Randy Foye? The 6'3 SG we started for most of this season who was averaging 8 ppg off bench before the Billups injury? Speights>Foye on a consistent basis. The loss of Billups hurt the Clippers just as bad as the loss of Zbo. Without Zbo Grizzlies had some great runs this season. Right after Billups went down the Clippers spiraled out of control and almost out of playoff race, falling as low as 7 seed last month.

beasted86
04-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Ever hear of Randy Foye? The 6'3 SG we started for most of this season who was averaging 8 ppg off bench before the Billups injury? Speights>Foye on a consistent basis. The loss of Billups hurt the Clippers just as bad as the loss of Zbo. Without Zbo Grizzlies had some great runs this season. Right after Billups went down the Clippers spiraled out of control and almost out of playoff race, falling as low as 7 seed last month.

You cant be that homer blinded.

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 10:50 PM
You cant be that homer blinded.

I don't think you understand the value of leadership, experience, clutch on a young, newly formed team. Chauncey is the heart and soul of this team just like Zbo is for Memphis. You also can't scoff at 16 ppg, 5 apg and a couple rebounds a game with solid D. Clippers have had plenty of injury issues themselves. Explain why without Billups Clippers spiral out of control and Memphis did just fine without Zbo?

beasted86
04-15-2012, 10:54 PM
I don't think you understand the value of leadership, experience, clutch on a young, newly formed team. Chauncey is the heart and soul of this team just like Zbo is for Memphis. You also can't scoff at 16 ppg, 5 apg and a couple rebounds a game with solid D. Clippers have had plenty of injury issues themselves. Explain why without Billups Clippers spiral out of control and Memphis did just fine without Zbo?

Because Memphis wins with their defense, the Clippers don't.

Team*Chicago
04-15-2012, 10:55 PM
I wonder where the Clippers might have been if they didn't aquire Chris Pual.

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Because Memphis wins with their defense, the Clippers don't.

Then Zach Randolph isn't important because he's a **** defender. Clippers have been the 8th ranked defense since all star break and have worked themselves from 28th overall in beginning of year to 17th now. I'd say they win with defense now. At least they did when they held Memphis to 40 percent shooting twice recently :).

ManRam
04-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Can the Clippers play defense yet?

No?!

Oh...OK...

2-ONE-5
04-15-2012, 10:58 PM

im not seeing a point? whats Foye have to do with anything? why the Speights/foye comparison? none of this post makes sense

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 10:59 PM
I would take the grizz in this series if they matchup. grizz in 6 imo

beasted86
04-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Then Zach Randolph isn't important because he's a **** defender. Clippers have been the 8th ranked defense since all star break and have worked themselves from 28th overall in beginning of year to 17th now. I'd say they win with defense now. At least they did when they held Memphis to 40 percent shooting twice recently :).

Memphis has been 8th all season long, not just over 1 month.

Anyway, I'm not going to waste more posts here, your troll agenda is transparent.

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 11:00 PM
im not seeing a point? whats Foye have to do with anything? why the Speights/foye comparison? none of this post makes sense

Keep up chief. Foye filled in for Billups, Speights filled in for Zbo.

iam brett favre
04-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Oh alright bro! They might as well not even play the series, its over already. Because you said so.

meloman1592
04-15-2012, 11:03 PM
I think the clippers would win...guess I'm in the minority. I actually think clippers can make a run at the finals...call me crazy

:shrug:

Avenged
04-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Grizzlies are a good defensive team, and I think Zbo + Marc will be too much to handle for their frontcourt. Blake isn't that strong of a defender, and I haven't seen Jordan as much but from what I have, he doesn't seem to be a very good one either. I'm just basing this on my eyes though, I'm most likely wrong. I do know that Jordan is a great shot blocker, and very good weak side defender though but that isn't necessarily going to stop them unless it's in transition.

Can't rule out the Clippers though as long as they have Chris Paul on the team.. but it's hard to root against the more complete team in the Grizzlies rather than the Clippers who will have to rely on Butler and Foye who are shooting really poorly. Young is also a piece that can be huge but again, he is shooting 36% since joining the Clippers..

The Clippers have the potential to be really good, but this is just their 1st season together (a short one at that). They're going to need more time.

ChiSox219
i think the clippers would win...guess i'm in the minority. I actually think clippers can make a run at the finals...call me crazy

+1

Clippersfan86
I think the clippers would win...guess I'm in the minority. I actually think clippers can make a run at the finals...call me crazy

:clap:

topdog
04-15-2012, 11:08 PM
If your going to put "man handle" in the thread title, then ya I'd expect that confidence (or in this case cockiness) to be backed up.

I love this! Absolutely love this! "We're gonna man-handle the Grizzlies in 6!"

:laugh: only in the world of anonymous internet forums

topdog
04-15-2012, 11:10 PM

You're crazy. This Clippers team isn't there. They are not in the same stratosphere as any number of Western Conference teams. Griffin needs to man up and improve his game if he ever wants his team to get there.

Lakers + Giants
04-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Stick to clipperstopbuzz bro, seriously. . .

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 11:16 PM
You're crazy. This Clippers team isn't there. They are not in the same stratosphere as any number of Western Conference teams. Griffin needs to man up and improve his game if he ever wants his team to get there.

Raw 2nd year PF putting up 21, 11 and 3 on 54 percent shooting, improved post moves, improved jumper and improved defense and he needs to man up and improve? You realize he's shooting less due to CP3+Caron Butler being on team right? These are the type of denial comments that causes me to create threads like this. "Clippers aren't in the same stratosphere as any number of Western Conference teams". They have the 4th best record in the NBA against .500+ teams. Nothing about this team screams pretender.. yet people such as yourself keep calling them that.

The fact that they are the 4 seed in an incredibly good/deep western conference, 9 new players, bad coach, major injury issues etc and no time to gel... proves they are contenders.

meloman1592
04-15-2012, 11:21 PM

I don't think they're on the same level as okc or SA but think about it. Chris Paul has gone MAD every year he makes the playoffs. Now he actually has legit weapons to help him. I don't think they could beat Miami if that were the finals but no team can look past the clippers. Nick Young can get hot, Blake is a legit star and Chris Paul kicks it into another gear in the playoffs. Not to mention they have Bledsoe, Mo, and Martin bringing energy off the bench. They can catch lightning in a bottle like the Giants did because if it's one thing they do have, it's talent...and the best pg in the game.

Lakers + Giants
04-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Raw 2nd year PF putting up 21, 11 and 3 on 54 percent shooting, improved post moves, improved jumper and improved defense and he needs to man up and improve? You realize he's shooting less due to CP3+Caron Butler being on team right? These are the type of denial comments that causes me to create threads like this. "Clippers aren't in the same stratosphere as any number of Western Conference teams". They have the 4th best record in the NBA against .500+ teams. Nothing about this team screams pretender.. yet people such as yourself keep calling them that.

The fact that they are the 4 seed in an incredibly good/deep western conference, 9 new players, bad coach, major injury issues etc and no time to gel... proves they are contenders.

So what? Lakers have 7 new players, the whole coaching staff is new, Lost their coach, are learning a new system, and lost the SMOY for the player you guys received yet we're still doing better. That's with all the talk about clippers taking over too.

2-ONE-5
04-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Keep up chief. Foye filled in for Billups, Speights filled in for Zbo.

whats your point? ZBo is back Billups is not. Girzzlies have a better team and more playoff experience. its not even a given that they play eachother and there was no need for the thread seeing how your not open to anyone opinions if they are not agreeing with you

THE MTL
04-15-2012, 11:24 PM
If Zach Randolph can find his groove back and he has 6 more games to do it, I would actually chose the Grizzlies in a 7-game series. That team is a dark horse to take the whole Western Conference!

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 11:28 PM
So what? Lakers have 7 new players, the whole coaching staff is new, Lost their coach, are learning a new system, and lost the SMOY for the player you guys received yet we're still doing better. That's with all the talk about clippers taking over too.

Big difference. Vinny is quite possibly the worst NBA head coach. Mike Brown while far from good is at least a respectable defensive coach. Also the Clippers didn't just gain 9 new random players. Those players are all starters or rotation players. Clippers had 3 new starters on opening night. Lakers on the other hand.. had their big 3 intact, all of which have been to the finals 3+ times and have 2 rings (outside of Kobe who has 5). Not remotely comparable.

Can't compare a team that has been to the finals 3 times in the last 5 years with their big 3..... to a team that was a lottery team last year and now a HCA team. Besides you only have 1.5 games on us with the refs bailing you out every game like tonight with 3 blown calls in the last minute.

Lakers + Giants
04-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Big difference. Vinny is quite possibly the worst NBA head coach. Mike Brown while far from good is at least a respectable defensive coach. Also the Clippers didn't just gain 9 new random players. Those players are all starters or rotation players. Clippers had 3 new starters on opening night. Lakers on the other hand.. had their big 3 intact, all of which have been to the finals 3+ times and have 2 rings (outside of Kobe who has 5). Not remotely comparable.

Can't compare a team that has been to the finals 3 times in the last 5 years with their big 3..... to a team that was a lottery team last year and now a HCA team. Besides you only have 1.5 games on us with the refs bailing you out every game like tonight with 3 blown calls in the last minute.

LMAO, stop whining. Don't even talk about BS calls when you got the 2 biggest ****in floppers on your team. You didn't ***** when Blake went over the back of gasol or pushed off did you? haha, didn't think so. Oh, and it must be so ****in hard to get 3 new players into the starting rotation that are way better than the players you had last year :rolleyes:. Celtics were able to win it all their first year together, Miami made it to the finals their first year together, why can't a stacked team like clippers do that? They want to be considered a championship contender? Then ****in play like one. And don't give me that Vinny Del Negro crap, we have Mike Brown and the heat have spoelstra and still made it to the finals. If you want to be considered contenders, make some noise in the ****in playoffs, not ****in threads about how other fans are respecting clips.

BTW, that's the difference between your clips and the real contenders that got were revamped over night, they were defensive juggernauts, not offensive juggernauts. You guys remind me more of the suns TBH.

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 11:39 PM

Your not really complaining about refs, are you?:eyebrow:

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 11:40 PM
LMAO, stop whining. Don't even talk about BS calls when you got the 2 biggest ****in floppers on your team. You didn't ***** when Blake went over the back of gasol or pushed off did you? haha, didn't think so. Oh, and it must be so ****in hard to get 3 new players into the starting rotation that are way better than the players you had last year :rolleyes:. Celtics were able to win it all their first year together, Miami made it to the finals their first year together, why can't a stacked team like clippers do that? They want to be considered a championship contender? Then ****in play like one. And don't give me that Vinny Del Negro crap, we have Mike Brown and the heat have spoelstra and still made it to the finals. If you want to be considered contenders, make some noise in the ****in playoffs, not ****in threads about how other fans are respecting clips.

LMAO stop raging and work on spacing out your paragraphs a bit plz. You're comparing the Heat who got 5 quality players at an extreme discount to add to their depth? Or added the best player in the NBA who was coming off back to back MVP awards? Added another top 15 player? Again Clippers situation isn't remotely comparable to Heat situation.

Also Heat got an entire summer+training camp together and a normal, 82 game schedule. Things the Clippers didn't get the luxury of having.

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Clippers have consistently been holding good teams to 40 percent shooting and have risen fast up the defensive ranks from 28th to 17th.... yet they remind you of the Suns? They just went through a stretch where in their 6 game winning streak they held those teams to an AVERAGE of about 90 points a game. How is that anything like the Suns? :facepalm:. I think you are going by early season Clippers and haven't watched their D lately.

Sinestro
04-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Nah Grizzlies take it in 5

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Some cold hard facts for the many of you who live in a fantasy world.

Clippers: 4th ranked offense, 17th ranked defense.

Grizzlies: 18th ranked offense, 8th ranked defense.

=Clippers overall better team.

Top lie: "Clippers will struggle when pace slows down in playoffs". Grizzlies actually get more fastbreak points and play at a higher tempo. Clippers are the 3rd best team with turnovers, 28th in pace and are a much more consistent/efficient halfcourt offense. Therefor when the pace slows down it will actually favor the Clippers.

Remember Memphis relies on steals+turnovers for their offense and overall game, something which the Clippers are very well built to counter with their low turnovers.

Also... the Grizzlies are a bottom three 3 point shooting team in the NBA... so they can't capitalize on the Clippers biggest weakness which is defending the 3 point line.

Clippers are the perfect counter for the Grizzlies.

Lakers + Giants
04-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Your not really complaining about refs, are you?:eyebrow:

:hi5: that's what i just asked him.

LMAO stop raging and work on spacing out your paragraphs a bit plz. You're comparing the Heat who got 5 quality players at an extreme discount to add to their depth? Or added the best player in the NBA who was coming off back to back MVP awards? Added another top 15 player? Again Clippers situation isn't remotely comparable to Heat situation.

Also Heat got an entire summer+training camp together and a normal, 82 game schedule. Things the Clippers didn't get the luxury of having.

Right cuz clippers are the only team that didn't have training camp this year huh? :rolleyes: Like I said, we were in an even worse position to start off the year yet we're doing better despite all the hype surrounding the clippers. Acquiring CP3, Caron Butler, Chauncy Billups, Kenyon Martin and Reggie Williams isn't that bad when you already have Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan and a solid bench player in Mo Williams, all you guys lost was EJ who's been injured 90% of the year anyways. Seriously, just enjoy the fact that you're going to make the playoffs, haha. BTW, i'm not gonna bother making paragraphs for you, that's only for my college professors. Be glad i'm even responding to you, you should feel special. :p

Lakers + Giants
04-15-2012, 11:53 PM

Top lie: "Clippers will struggle when pace slows down in playoffs". Grizzlies actually get more fastbreak points and play at a higher tempo. Clippers are the 3rd best team with turnovers, 28th in pace and are a much more consistent/efficient halfcourt offense. Therefor when the pace slows down it will actually favor the Clippers.

Remember Memphis relies on steals+turnovers for their offense and overall game, something which the Clippers are very well built to counter with their low turnovers.

Also... the Grizzlies are a bottom three 3 point shooting team in the NBA... so they can't capitalize on the Clippers biggest weakness which is defending the 3 point line.

If they had Z Bo since the the beginning of the year you wouldn't even be posting the stats haha. We'll see once the playoffs come around, it's gonna be fun.

Lakeshow24KB
04-15-2012, 11:54 PM

Last time I checked, manhandling is blowing out badly....you're right. Who does this OP think he is?

Jint.
Grizz in 4

raiderposting
grizz will manhandle the clippers in 5

Clippersfan86
:hi5: that's what i just asked him.

Right cuz clippers are the only team that didn't have training camp this year huh? :rolleyes: Like I said, we were in an even worse position to start off the year yet we're doing better despite all the hype surrounding the clippers. Acquiring CP3, Caron Butler, Chauncy Billups, Kenyon Martin and Reggie Williams isn't that bad when you already have Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan and a solid bench player in Mo Williams, all you guys lost was EJ who's been injured 90% of the year anyways. Seriously, just enjoy the fact that you're going to make the playoffs, haha. BTW, i'm not gonna bother making paragraphs for you, that's only for my college professors. Be glad i'm even responding to you, you should feel special. :p

God you're ******** LMAO. Buddy..... I'm well aware of the fact that nobody got a training camp really this year. Big difference is the Lakers big 3 has had 5+ training camps/summers together and YEARS to build chemistry. They have won championships together. This Clippers team was constructed literally a week before the season and has NEVER had time to build chemitry.

raiderposting
04-15-2012, 11:56 PM
blake will look like a ***** when zbo and gasol expose him for nothing more than a douche bag dunker

Clippersfan86
04-15-2012, 11:56 PM

Try to disprove this... I'm waiting.

ironman9518
04-15-2012, 11:59 PM
Hey Clippersfan can you wait to talk **** until after the playoffs???? Talk about making yourself look like an ***

Lakers + Giants
04-16-2012, 12:00 AM
God you're ******** LMAO. Buddy..... I'm well aware of the fact that nobody got a training camp really this year. Big difference is the Lakers big 3 has had 5+ training camps/summers together and YEARS to build chemistry. They have won championships together. This Clippers team was constructed literally a week before the season and has NEVER had time to build chemitry.

Really?I'm not the one saying we're gonna "manhandle" the grizzlies LMFAO. I'm not sure any team in the league can actually do that let alone the don't play D but flop instead clippers. Like I said lakers big 3 had 5+ training camps together so what? Boston didn't and they got it done, Miami didn't and they made it to the finals. Lakers acquired Gasol with less than 30 games left in the season and we made it to the finals. With the amount of talent you guys acquired you guys should be much better than a 4th seed. I remember all this Championship talk and #1 seed talk LMAO, now you guys are fighting to keep that #4 seed.

raiderposting
04-16-2012, 12:02 AM
has this guy really been going back and forth for the past couple of hours trying to prove something worthless to a group of strangers that he doesn't even know?

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Really?I'm not the one saying we're gonna "manhandle" the grizzlies LMFAO. I'm not sure any team in the league can actually do that let alone the don't play D but flop instead clippers. Like I said lakers big 3 had 5+ training camps together so what? Boston didn't and they got it done, Miami didn't and they made it to the finals. Lakers acquired Gasol with less than 30 games left in the season and we made it to the finals. With the amount of talent you guys acquired you guys should be much better than a 4th seed. I remember all this Championship talk and #1 seed talk LMAO, now you guys are fighting to keep that #4 seed.

This guy... Clippers should have a better than 61 percent win percentage first year together? You're using Boston and Miami as the comparison? Talk about faulty logic. Had Boston and Miami had a 66 game condensed season+no training camp or summer.. I'm confident they would have struggled more than they did.

BKLYNpigeon
04-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Clippers are soft.

I cant wait until the Kings move to the Los Angeles area, so the Clippers can be the 3rd best team in LA.

Lakers + Giants
04-16-2012, 12:06 AM
This guy... Clippers should have a better than 61 percent win percentage first year together? You're using Boston and Miami as the comparison? Talk about faulty logic. Had Boston and Miami had a 66 game condensed season+no training camp or summer.. I'm confident they would have struggled more than they did.

You want your team to be considered serious right? Then why can't they live up to the expectations that those teams lived up to? Oh, yeah, this is the first time you guys actually have expectations other than trying to get the #1 pick huh? Like i said, you wan't to be a championship contender? Play like one, Play Defense, and no, that doesn't mean flop. . .

Lakers + Giants
04-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Clippers are soft.

I cant wait until the Kings move to the Los Angeles area, so the Clippers can be the 3rd best team in LA.

LMFAO. This! :laugh2:

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Clippers are soft.

Sacramento Kings: 19-41.

Los Angeles Clippers: 37-23.

I'm sure the Clippers are worried about the Queens moving to So Cal and stealing their fans :facepalm:.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 12:09 AM
You want your team to be considered serious right? Then why can't they live up to the expectations that those teams lived up to? Oh, yeah, this is the first time you guys actually have expectations other than trying to get the #1 pick huh? Like i said, you wan't to be a championship contender? Play like one, Play Defense, and no, that doesn't mean flop. . .

If you had the same expectations of the Clippers that you did of the Heat+Celtics big 3 that's your own stupidity because myself, nor any other respectable basketball fan had those expectations.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 12:10 AM
Clippers have ranked top 3 all year in road attendance and have sold out every single home game. Kings will have zero impact on their market. Especially with how sorry and dysfunctional that team is.

Lakers + Giants
04-16-2012, 12:13 AM
If you had the same expectations of the Clippers that you did of the Heat+Celtics big 3 that's your own stupidity because myself, nor any other respectable basketball fan had those expectations.

It's stupid to have championship aspirations but it's not stupid to think the clippers will "manhandle" a team that all teams are trying to avoid? The same team that was 1 game away from the WCF w/o their 2nd best player whom they have now? Yea, i'm the stupid one. .

BKLYNpigeon
04-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Clippersfan86

Who Cares! you're the worst kind of fan. if you're team is good and going to playoffs great. no need to gloat about it and be defensive. who cares what other people think about the clippers. move on and Shut Up.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 12:14 AM
It's stupid to have championship aspirations but it's not stupid to think the clippers will "manhandle" a team that all teams are trying to avoid? The same team that was 1 game away from the WCF w/o their 2nd best player whom they have now? Yea, i'm the stupid one. .

Which teams are trying to avoid the Grizzlies? Clippers were 1 game from the WCF too a few years back in similar fashion and people didn't kiss their *** and proclaim them the next big thing. They had a better squad and numbers too. Reality is Grizzlies have become overrated.

meloman1592
04-16-2012, 12:14 AM
Why does everyone think memphis will just steamroll them??? The Clippers are a Good team! They actually have the better record...why are they so overlooked?

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Why does everyone think memphis will just steamroll them??? The Clippers are a Good team! They actually have the better record...why are they so overlooked?

People have flawed logic obviously. Two games better than Grizzlies despite being a newly formed team with a bad coach. Yet Grizzlies core that his been together 3+ years and has a worse record gets MORE respect and hype? Grizzlies also have a great coach who gets them ready every game. Makes no sense to me. All because they matched up great with two teams last year in the playoffs and overachieved.

BKLYNpigeon
04-16-2012, 12:18 AM
the games slow down in the playoffs. Memphis plays better defense and can operate a slow half court offense. I dont think the Clippers will Steam roll Memphis, but it will go 6 or 7. I didnt have a rooting interest until now.

Memphis in 7

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 12:21 AM
the games slow down in the playoffs. Memphis plays better defense and can operate a slow half court offense. I dont think the Clippers will Steam roll Memphis, but it will go 6 or 7. I didnt have a rooting interest until now.

Memphis in 7

Why do you keep disregarding the numbers. Memphis plays at a higher tempo, relies on steals and fastbreaks more AND has a worse offense in general. Clippers already play at a slower pace, have excellent ball security AND are a top 5 offense all year, ESPECIALLY in the halfcourt. As I said.. a slower tempo favors the Clippers not the Grizzlies so stop saying that. What it will come down to is the 4th best offense vs the 8th best defense. Don't forget Clippers have held Grizzlies to 40 percent shooting twice this year also. So it's not like Clippers can't match them defensively.

Lakers + Giants
04-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Which teams are trying to avoid the Grizzlies? Clippers were 1 game from the WCF too a few years back in similar fashion and people didn't kiss their *** and proclaim them the next big thing. They had a better squad and numbers too. Reality is Grizzlies have become overrated.

Spurs, Lakers, and Clippers, yes those teams. You guy's get your *** kissed all the time and are babied by the league, i don't hear you *****ing about that.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Spurs, Lakers, and Clippers, yes those teams. You guy's get your *** kissed all the time and are babied by the league, i don't hear you *****ing about that.

Babied? Clippers are the NBA's leader in techs. You know why? Because they get reffed poorly and go after refs every game. Despite the rumors and talk of flop Clippers don't get favoritism at all. Often times I think Clippers actually are the road team even at home. Yesterday the sorry Warriors got bailed out time and time again by refs while refs let Tyler beat the **** out of Griffin for example. Maybe some media kissed the teams *** but that's not the fault of the players....

Blake Griffin and CP3 have already said they look forward to Grizzlies in first round. Clippers manhandled them this year in season series... so not sure why they would be scared LMAO. Maybe scared to beat Grizzlies too easily and have too many days rest before next round?

BKLYNpigeon
04-16-2012, 12:26 AM
why do you care what we think? get a life. bro.

this is not thread worthy at all. even if the Clippers made it past the 1st round. they're not getting past LAL SAS or OKC.

Lakers + Giants
04-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Babied? Clippers are the NBA's leader in techs. You know why? Because they get reffed poorly and go after refs every game. Despite the rumors and talk of flop Clippers don't get favoritism at all. Often times I think Clippers actually are the road team even at home. Yesterday the sorry Warriors got bailed out time and time again by refs while refs let Tyler beat the **** out of Griffin for example. Maybe some media kissed the teams *** but that's not the fault of the players....

There you go, why the **** you *****ing about the grizzlies then, ***** about the media then! LMFAO, clippers don't get calls and often seems like they're on the road???? Now i heard it all. I'm done "debating" this, LMAO, I can't believe you are serious :laugh2:

Lakers + Giants
04-16-2012, 12:29 AM
So winning a season series 2-1 is "manhandling". OK, then we "manhandled" the clippers this year. Just going by your logic. Later, I'm done. Good luck vs the grizzlies in the 1st round.

BKLYNpigeon
04-16-2012, 12:29 AM
EvansCousins > Clippersfan86

i think you guys should be friends.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 12:31 AM
So winning a season series 2-1 is "manhandling". OK, then we "manhandled" the clippers this year. Just going by your logic. Later, I'm done. Good luck vs the grizzlies in the 1st round.

Dig deeper. Clippers two wins were blowouts in which they held Grizzlies to 40 percent shooting on average. The lone loss was against a hot Grizzlies team recently ON THE ROAD in which they came back from 17 down in the 4th and almost stole the win. Clippers definitely dominated the Grizzlies this year.

DragonJaii
04-16-2012, 12:31 AM
memphis is 4

PHX2daDEATH
04-16-2012, 12:33 AM
Playoffs are a whole different beast.. Grizzlies are built for Playoff basketball..The Clippers are built for acting like they won a championship every time Blake 0-Fouls somebody to dunk on them..Who's is going to stop Rudy Gay? Randy Foye? Caron Butler? HA ... Griz in 5 or 6.

Chronz
04-16-2012, 12:34 AM
I rather face Dallas

kingmatsundin
04-16-2012, 12:37 AM

Blake Griffin and CP3 have already said they look forward to Grizzlies in first round. Clippers manhandled them this year in season series... so not sure why they would be scared LMAO. Maybe scared to beat Grizzlies too easily and have too many days rest before next round?

Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev1M1AYQR3s

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 12:38 AM
I rather face Dallas

Anybody would rather face Dallas right now probably. They look incredibly vulnerable where as Memphis is heating up going into playoffs. Difference for me is teams like Dallas that have been there seem to cause problems for the Clippers due to their composure. Memphis on the other hand would be more easily shaken come playoff time and I want to get them out of the way early when team is rested.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 12:39 AM

Exhibit B:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjRizobEQig

PHX2daDEATH
04-16-2012, 12:40 AM
also I haven't looked at the Grizz or Clippers Schedule but with it being so compact and all these back to back games.. really none of the regular season games means jack #@$ this year, You don't have any time to prepare for a specific opponent .. you play on the fly basically unless you have like 3 or 4 days off.. The bobcats won their first game of the year.. did you think they were going to make the playoffs after that first game?

championships
04-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Clips have no inside presence. Grizz in 6. The Over hyped Clips lose CP3 and return to mediocrity.

C'mon man, this is the Clips. Haven't you learned by now?? :laugh2:

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Clips have no inside presence. Grizz in 6. The Over hyped Clips lose CP3 in the offseason and return to mediocrity.

C'mon man, this is the Clips. Haven't you learned by now?? :laugh2:

CP3 has agreed to pick up his player option. He's here for 2012-2013 too at least. Two years to convince him to stay. BTW Griffin is a HUGE presence in the paint so how don't they have an inside presence?

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 12:44 AM
also I haven't looked at the Grizz or Clippers Schedule but with it being so compact and all these back to back games.. really none of the regular season games means jack #@$ this year, You don't have any time to prepare for a specific opponent .. you play on the fly basically unless you have like 3 or 4 days off.. The bobcats won their first game of the year.. did you think they were going to make the playoffs after that first game?

We are 5 games from the end of the season... I think it means something. Clippers are a very good, dangerous and underrated team right now.

bholly
04-16-2012, 12:45 AM
Try to disprove this... I'm waiting.

I'm still waiting for you to give the source for these stats - particularly the 'post-ASG' ones.

DragonJaii
04-16-2012, 12:45 AM

lmao what a baby. refs baby him like crazy.
baby baby baby:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

kobemelo
04-16-2012, 12:46 AM
Good luck.

:cool:

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm still waiting for you to give the source for these stats - particularly the 'post-ASG' ones.

Do the math champ. Clippers were the 27th overall defense going into all star weekend and are now the 18th. It's a mathematical equation as to why they have been the 8th (or 9th after today's one position drop) overall defense since. I changed it to 18th now because it dropped today after the games from 17th to 18th defense.

As for how to tell your teams efficiency ranking... go here.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAC/2012.html

That's the Clippers.

Overall simple rating of team= 6th best in NBA. It's based on strength of schedule and average point differential. Grizzlies rank as 7th best overall team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MEM/2012.html

UPRock
04-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Maybe who knows.

kingmatsundin
04-16-2012, 12:57 AM
Exhibit B:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjRizobEQig

Why are you showing me this? Who's comparing Pau to Blake?
I was showing your claims of "reffed poorly" and "don't get favoritism" are laughable.

bholly
04-16-2012, 12:58 AM
Do the math champ. Clippers were the 27th overall defense going into all star weekend and are now the 18th. It's a mathematical equation as to why they have been the 8th (or 9th after today's one position drop) overall defense since. I changed it to 18th now because it dropped today after the games from 17th to 18th defense.

Wait, what? Is this really what you're using?
Going up 8 or 9 spots since the ASG doesn't mean you were the 8th or 9th best over that period. The only thing that tells you for sure is that they've been better than the teams they passed.

LakersMaster24
04-16-2012, 01:00 AM
Clippers forum?

You dont see Lakers fans making threads saying "We will beat Dallas in the 1st Round" or "We will kill anyone in the playoffs"

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 01:01 AM
Wait, what? Is this really what you're using?
Going up 8 or 9 spots since the ASG doesn't mean you were the 8th or 9th best over that period. The only thing that tells you for sure is that they've been better than the teams they passed.

It was on an NBA TV breakdown. Since all star break the Clippers have been the 8th strongest defense. I did the math (that apparently wasn't an accurate equation?) and it added up. It's what was shown during the game though so I'm sure it's valid :clap:.

silvTeg98
04-16-2012, 01:02 AM
It was on an NBA TV breakdown. Since all star break the Clippers have been the 8th strongest defense. I did the math (that apparently wasn't an accurate equation?) and it added up. It's what was shown during the game though so I'm sure it's valid :clap:.

clipper D is a joke

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 01:05 AM
clipper D is a joke

Lakers have been the 23rd overall defense since all star break. You're in no position to talk. Lakers went from 3rd best defense and bad offense to great offense and **** D.

bholly
04-16-2012, 01:06 AM

Well I'd like to see where they said it to be sure.

That math is ridiculous. Example: Charlotte were the 29th best defense before the ASG, and now they're the 27th, therefore they're the 2nd best defense since the ASG.
Obviously that's not valid, you can't work things out like that.

(I also don't know what their defense was going into the ASG, it was just an example I made up because I don't have the actual figures).

The only way you could work it out is to work all the stats out yourself using only the data since the ASG. If you're going by points allowed per game, you'd have to calculate the average per game for each team since the ASG and compare. That's the only way, unless those stats are already available somewhere.

LakersMaster24
04-16-2012, 01:08 AM
God I knew that getting CP3 would make certain Clippers fans even more annoying. They arent used to winning, and now they are a Top 5 team in the West. That is like throwing a virgin into a whorehouse.

silvTeg98
04-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Lakers have been the 23rd overall defense since all star break. You're in no position to talk. Lakers went from 3rd best defense and bad offense to great offense and **** D.

we're talking about the clippers not the lakers

bholly
04-16-2012, 01:10 AM
God I knew that getting CP3 would make Clippers fans even more annoying. They arent used to winning, and now they are a Top 5 team in the West. That is like throwing a virgin into a whorehouse.

Lets not do that. This is just one Clipper fan. Tarring the whole fanbase with the same brush is just as bad as what he's doing, and that whole fanbase vs fanbase ****, without actually listening to what the person is saying, is why there's never any good basketball conversation around here.

LakersMaster24
04-16-2012, 01:10 AM
Lets not do that. This is just one Clipper fan. Tarring the whole fanbase with the same brush is just as bad as what he's doing, and that whole fanbase vs fanbase ****, without actually listening to what the person is saying, is why there's never any good basketball conversation around here.

Agree.

I edited my post.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Well I'd like to see where they said it to be sure.

That math is ridiculous. Example: Charlotte were the 29th best defense before the ASG, and now they're the 27th, therefore they're the 2nd best defense since the ASG.
Obviously that's not valid, you can't work things out like that.

(I also don't know what their defense was going into the ASG, it was just an example I made up because I don't have the actual figures).

The only way you could work it out is to work all the stats out yourself using only the data since the ASG. If you're going by points allowed per game, you'd have to calculate the average per game for each team since the ASG and compare. That's the only way, unless those stats are already available somewhere.

No you misunderstood me. First I saw.... the overlay during the game. THEN I thought of it mathematically, but as I said used a bad formula. The Charlotte example is NOT what I did.

shep33
04-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Again, as a Laker fan, the Clips are a very dangerous team. CP3 in the playoffs is crazy good.

Now... I don't like threads like this Clipperfan. Really when you say one team will "dominate" or "manhandle" another team, its bound to get negative responses my man.

Obviously you can write whatever you want, haha I'm not going to stop you nor should I. But just realize that with threads like this all clipper fans will get flack if things turn bad in the playoffs. I mean you guys might not even face the Grizz, we (Lakers) might face them in round 1.

Next time be more cautious though is what I'm saying. This has turned into a bash thread and really it surprises nobody

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 01:16 AM
Again, as a Laker fan, the Clips are a very dangerous team. CP3 in the playoffs is crazy good.

Now... I don't like threads like this Clipperfan. Really when you say one team will "dominate" or "manhandle" another team, its bound to get negative responses my man.

Obviously you can write whatever you want, haha I'm not going to stop you nor should I. But just realize that with threads like this all clipper fans will get flack if things turn bad in the playoffs. I mean you guys might not even face the Grizz, we (Lakers) might face them in round 1.

Next time be more cautious though is what I'm saying. This has turned into a bash thread and really it surprises nobody

I won't deny I purposely made this an instigating and inflammatory thread. I knew what was going to happen. Just don't like the recent buzz by ESPN, NBA TV and fans on forums that consider Grizzlies contenders, Clippers pretenders despite Clippers being the better team right now. Clippers have not only been hotter lately but have a better record vs +.500 teams last I saw and have a full 2 games on them in the standings.

I feel like the Clippers are being disrespected right now and wanted to make a point about it. Obviously I know the Grizzlies are a very good team and a challenge.... but it would be boring if I said that. Have to make it a bit more dramatic.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 01:19 AM
Nobody is giving the Clippers a chance in this series also. Like I said... Clippers are actually tailor made to dismantle the Grizzlies if you compare the strengths and weaknesses of this team. I already posted why.

1. Clippers are the 3rd best team with turnovers and superb with controlling pace... which is bad for Grizzlies who depend on steals+turnovers+transition buckets.

2. Clippers biggest weakness is defending the 3... which Memphis can't exploit because they are the 27th worst team in the league shooting the 3.

3. Clippers offense is better than Memphis' defense.

4. Memphis' strength is scoring in the paint and that just happens to be the one excellent defensive area for the Clippers, points in the paint allowed.

shep33
04-16-2012, 01:20 AM
I won't deny I purposely made this an instigating and inflammatory thread. I knew what was going to happen. Just don't like the recent buzz by ESPN, NBA TV and fans on forums that consider Grizzlies contenders, Clippers pretenders despite Clippers being the better team right now. Clippers have not only been hotter lately but have a better record vs +.500 teams last I saw and have a full 2 games on them in the standings.

I feel like the Clippers are being disrespected right now and wanted to make a point about it. Obviously I know the Grizzlies are a very good team and a challenge.... but it would be boring if I said that. Have to make it a bit more dramatic.

Clips are red hot right now, I agree with you. I wouldn't want to play any team with CP3 in the playoffs. Guy is a different beast. He elevates his game to another level.

That being said, the key for the Clips is everyone outside of CP3. He'll bring it. A lot of first timers in the playoffs this year for the Clips. The game is slower, more physical, etc. To me the key guys for the Clips are Butler, Foye, Mo, and Nick Young. If they're hitting their shots the Clips can beat anyone.

holocaust227
04-16-2012, 01:21 AM
If only they didn't lose Billups, I believe they would've "man-handled" the Grizzlies but they lost him so no.

bholly
04-16-2012, 01:23 AM
No you misunderstood me. First I saw.... the overlay during the game. THEN I thought of it mathematically, but as I said used a bad formula. The Charlotte example is NOT what I did.

That's the same math you did, though, right? I understand you saw it before on TV, so you knew it was right, but the math you did after to confirm it is the same as the Charlotte example, yeah? Your 'bad formula' was the difference between their pre-ASG and post-ASG ranking, right?

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 01:23 AM
Clips are red hot right now, I agree with you. I wouldn't want to play any team with CP3 in the playoffs. Guy is a different beast. He elevates his game to another level.

That being said, the key for the Clips is everyone outside of CP3. He'll bring it. A lot of first timers in the playoffs this year for the Clips. The game is slower, more physical, etc. To me the key guys for the Clips are Butler, Foye, Mo, and Nick Young. If they're hitting their shots the Clips can beat anyone.

Biggest key is Del Negro :(. He's REALLY holding the team back. With a better coach with a true game plan and better rotations I have no doubt this team would be a top 3 seed right now in the west. He inexplicably likes to bench star players for 8-10 minutes in close games which allows teams to go on big runs. Outside of Vinny I agree 100 percent the main difference for this team is when the shooters are on or off.

Can't wait to see if Clippers can dismantle Thunder tomorrow to win series 3-1.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 01:25 AM
That's the same math you did, though, right? I understand you saw it before on TV, so you knew it was right, but the math you did after to confirm it is the same as the Charlotte example, yeah? Your 'bad formula' was the difference between their pre-ASG and post-ASG ranking, right?

Oh I see what you mean. I think so? I basically... looked at what they were at ASW to what they are now. What rank they were then compared to now, averaged out. The error of that formula is that ONLY accounts for the Clippers and not the other teams as you pointed out correctly. So basically.... NBA TV and FSPT (Fox Sports Prime Ticket) must have compiled the defensive stats for all 30 teams and figured it out.

My only point anyways was that they have been a top 10 defense the last 2+ months of the season and the idea that they don't play defense isn't valid anymore.

airforceones25
04-16-2012, 01:32 AM
As a true Clipper fan I'm embarrassed by this thread. :facepalm:

bholly
04-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Oh I see what you mean. I think so? I basically... looked at what they were at ASW to what they are now. What rank they were then compared to now, averaged out. The error of that formula is that ONLY accounts for the Clippers and not the other teams as you pointed out correctly. So basically.... NBA TV and FSPT (Fox Sports Prime Ticket) must have compiled the defensive stats for all 30 teams and figured it out.

My only point anyways was that they have been a top 10 defense the last 2+ months of the season and the idea that they don't play defense isn't valid anymore.

I still don't see any evidence of that, though. By my calculations they've been giving up 94.55 ppg since the break, compared to 95.26 before. It's an improvement, but not that big of one.
The 10th ranked defense by ppg for the entire season is NOH, who've given up 94.0, so unless you want to calculate every team's post-ASG stats and compare, I don't think it's fair to assume the Clippers' have been in the top 10 since the break.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 01:37 AM
I still don't see any evidence of that, though. By my calculations they've been giving up 94.55 ppg since the break, compared to 95.26 before. It's an improvement, but not that big of one.
The 10th ranked defense by ppg for the entire season is NOH, who've given up 94.0, so unless you want to calculate every team's post-ASG stats and compare, I don't think it's fair to assume the Clippers' have been in the top 10 since the break.

Defensive efficiency, not opponent PPG. That factors in a lot more than the PPG numbers. Far more accurate to assess a teams overall defensive capability.

mdm692
04-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Randolph and gasol will sh1t all over griffin and jordan. They really cant contain grizzlies bigs.

bholly
04-16-2012, 01:40 AM
It's also much of a muchness, really. One game could move them up or down half a point or so. One big blowout on either side of the break and their improvement could've been a regression.
Opponent ppg is a pretty coarse stat that doesn't really show all that much - doesn't take into account pace, or opponents, or anything else. I wouldn't use it as too much of a crutch, if I were you.
And even if it meant something, being in the top 3rd of the league at something isn't really proof of being a contender. Hell being the best defense in the league means nothing - look at Philly, who have lead opponent ppg most of the season and could miss the playoffs.

bholly
04-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Defensive efficiency, not opponent PPG. That factors in a lot more than the PPG numbers. Far more accurate to assess a teams overall defensive capability.

Oh, I didn't see this before I posted my last post.
Still, most of what I wrote applied. Defensive efficiency is better than opponent ppg, but still not something to get too thrilled about just (maybe) being in the top 10 of.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Randolph and gasol will sh1t all over griffin and jordan. They really cant contain grizzlies bigs.

Grizzlies strength plays right into the Clippers hands as I said.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/opponent-points-in-paint-per-game

Clippers are excellent at getting stops in the paint. The big defensive weakness of the Clippers is defending the 3 in which Memphis isn't able to exploit due to a near league worst 3 point shooting.

The goods
04-16-2012, 01:44 AM
Its a good match up I think tony allen on CP3 will be good allen has great D but mayo will be the x factor for the grizz but nobody is getting man handled in west though.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 01:46 AM
Oh, I didn't see this before I posted my last post.
Still, most of what I wrote applied. Defensive efficiency is better than opponent ppg, but still not something to get too thrilled about just (maybe) being in the top 10 of.

Just give an eye test. Watch a few Clippers games and you'll see teams pretty regularly held to 40 percent and another defensive trend is completely shutting down teams in 4th quarter similar to what Miami did last year. Clippers have held multiple teams to 5+ minutes without a field goal to end games in the last two months or so. Which is why you have them making big comebacks regularly. I just wish they didn't wait till second half to turn it up on D.

BTW Sixers ARE an elite defense.... the problem is your offense isn't good enough and you don't have a dependable go to player. Iggy has completely disappeared on offense this year. I still think Sixers should of traded Iggy for Monta Ellis. You watching Clippers vs Thunder tomorrow?

ThunderousDemon
04-16-2012, 01:47 AM
Grizzlies in five.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 01:52 AM
As I said Memphis relies on turnovers to get out on the break with their active hands on D. Yet look at this. Memphis is first in the NBA in steals.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/turnover-pct

bholly
04-16-2012, 01:58 AM
Just give an eye test. Watch a few Clippers games and you'll see teams pretty regularly held to 40 percent and another defensive trend is completely shutting down teams in 4th quarter similar to what Miami did last year. Clippers have held multiple teams to 5+ minutes without a field goal to end games in the last two months or so. Which is why you have them making big comebacks regularly. I just wish they didn't wait till second half to turn it up on D.

BTW Sixers ARE an elite defense.... the problem is your offense isn't good enough and you don't have a dependable go to player. Iggy has completely disappeared on offense this year. I still think Sixers should of traded Iggy for Monta Ellis. You watching Clippers vs Thunder tomorrow?

The problem is an eye test can't give you the kind of ranking you're trying to make - nobody's watching every game and even if they were humans are hugely prone to bias and error with these sorts of things.
You can believe they've improved all you want, but you need to stop saying they're top 10 since the ASG or whatever without being able to provide the evidence to back it up. Preface it with 'I think' or 'I heard' or whatever, quit stating it as fact.

Iggy for Monta would've been god-awful (unless our goal was to get bad enough to convince the FO to rebuild properly), and Iggy is playing pretty much his ideal role - he hasn't just 'disappeared'. Thanks for the opinion, though.

I'll probably be watching Clippers/Thunder, sure.

Lakerhead4ever
04-16-2012, 02:02 AM
This guy is taking on everyone lmao. I'm really impressed that he's responding to almost every post lol. Got to give him props for that.

Another thing he used the words "man handle" which was his mistake. The clippers can beat the grizz but they won't man handle anyone.

With all the stats he gave I'm still going with grizzlies in 6

Stats mean nothing. Nothing at all, when your playing a team in a series.

mkdo
04-16-2012, 02:03 AM
grizzlies in 3, clippers quit and not play on the 4th

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 02:04 AM
The problem is an eye test can't give you the kind of ranking you're trying to make - nobody's watching every game and even if they were humans are hugely prone to bias and error with these sorts of things.
You can believe they've improved all you want, but you need to stop saying they're top 10 since the ASG or whatever without being able to provide the evidence to back it up. Preface it with 'I think' or 'I heard' or whatever, quit stating it as fact.

Iggy for Monta would've been god-awful (unless our goal was to get bad enough to convince the FO to rebuild properly), and Iggy is playing pretty much his ideal role - he hasn't just 'disappeared'. Thanks for the opinion, though.

I'll probably be watching Clippers/Thunder, sure.

I'm one of the people who feel Iggy can easily and should average 17-18 ppg. Just surprised to see his scoring go down. As for watching every game.... I haven't missed a Clipper game in years. BTW the ranking thing was a fact.... and I explained I saw it on a game cast.

I obviously can't prove the validity... but if NBA TV told you the Sixers ranked as the 3rd overall defense or something I doubt you would go out of your way to prove or disprove it. I trust the sources.

Lakerhead4ever
04-16-2012, 02:08 AM
This guy is taking on everyone lmao. I'm really impressed that he's responding to almost every post lol. Got to give him props for that.

Another thing he used the words "man handle" which was his mistake. The clippers can beat the grizz but they won't man handle anyone.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 02:10 AM

I'm not listing just stats man. I'm showing you that the Clippers strengths exploit the Grizzlies weaknesses... while the Grizzlies strengths do NOT exploit the Clippers weaknesses.

Grizzlies offensive strength= scoring inside. Clippers defensive strength= stopping scoring in paint.

Grizzlies defensive strength= steals+transition. Clippers counter= extremely good with turnovers and controlling pace.

bholly
04-16-2012, 02:15 AM
I'm one of the people who feel Iggy can easily and should average 17-18 ppg. Just surprised to see his scoring go down. As for watching every game.... I haven't missed a Clipper game in years. BTW the ranking thing was a fact.... and I explained I saw it on a game cast.

I obviously can't prove the validity... but if NBA TV told you the Sixers ranked as the 3rd overall defense or something I doubt you would go out of your way to prove or disprove it. I trust the sources.

Right, but watching every Clipper game doesn't help you rank them against other teams - you need to watch all the other teams' games too - that was my point. And even then, you're still naturally affected by bias and error and what not. The eye test is of course hugely important, but it doesn't really help that much with the kind of argument you're trying to make.

I would probably trust NBA TV sources too. But you're not asking us to trust them, you're asking us to trust you.

And sure, Iggy could average 17-18ppg, everyone knows that because he did it for 4 straight years. He's better and playing a better game now that he isn't trying to score that much, though. That's why you can't make these kinds of comments unless you watch all of every game.

Anyway, I don't really have time for any more of this, so I'm going to be done with this thread now - I really just wanted those post-ASG stats I thought you had.

Good luck trolling everyone else.

Lakerhead4ever
04-16-2012, 02:19 AM
I'm not listing just stats man. I'm showing you that the Clippers strengths exploit the Grizzlies weaknesses... while the Grizzlies strengths do NOT exploit the Clippers weaknesses.

Grizzlies offensive strength= scoring inside. Clippers defensive strength= stopping scoring in paint.

Grizzlies defensive strength= steals+transition. Clippers counter= extremely good with turnovers and controlling pace.

But you can't just say the clips are going to man handle the grizz. And I think the clippers have no respect because they have to earn it. By doing damage this post season just like the grizzlies did last post season. The clips aren't doing anything special, yet.

Billups lost killed you guys in most peoples eyes.

OC Knights #11
04-16-2012, 02:27 AM
The Clippers? Playoffs?

naps
04-16-2012, 02:28 AM
Jesus, this guy is obsessed with Clippers. He is trying too hard to make people like the Clippers. I thought Clippers were in general a likeable team but this guy is making a mess with all his pointless Clippers threads.

And there is NO WAY Clippers manhandle the Girzz. They can very well beat them but it's gonna be a tough series. Only chance Clips go through the Grizz if Paul goes in beast mode, which I expect him to do so if he stays healthy.

raiderposting
04-16-2012, 02:30 AM
holy **** this guy has been posting for six hours straight trying to convince people about the clippers. no offense, but don't you have anything else to do? you are completely wasting your time, most the people in here are ****ing with you now cant you see that stop ****ing posting.

OC Knights #11
04-16-2012, 02:39 AM

As for how to tell your teams efficiency ranking... go here.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAC/2012.html

That's the Clippers.

Overall simple rating of team= 6th best in NBA. It's based on strength of schedule and average point differential. Grizzlies rank as 7th best overall team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MEM/2012.html

"**** you science!" :D

NothingbutWill
04-16-2012, 02:46 AM
Clippers and Lakers better win and advance to the west finals. I want to see a west finals with the big bold words

BATTLE L.A

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-16-2012, 02:53 AM

Only 6-7 games left, everything evens out at the end. :confused:

IIISSKiLL
04-16-2012, 02:58 AM

the first time in forever that the clippers have a good team and this guy is going ape **** about how they're going to destroy a team that beat the spurs and almost beat okc last season in the playoffs.. you know the celtics beat the heat 3 times in the regular season last year right ? you know miami took that series 4-1 right ? you know chicago beat miami 3 times last year right ? you know miami beat chicago 4-1 last year right ? so the clippers grizzles in the regular season doesn't mean a thing.. wait for the playoffs to start to see if they will even face each other before you go all crazy.. i understand you are excited that you have a good team this year it's never really happened for your team but please relax until it happens

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 03:00 AM
Only 6-7 games left, everything evens out at the end. :confused:

Not at all. Back to backs, 4 games in 5 nights etc... and consistency of schedule is way different.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-16-2012, 03:16 AM
Not at all. Back to backs, 4 games in 5 nights etc... and consistency of schedule is way different.

Well, you have to understand that the Grizz were without Z-Bo for most of the season, and the last 20 games, they've been trying to incorporate him into the mix.

We still don't know how the Grizzlies would be with both Gay and Z-BO to be at full strength. Remember, the Grizz made it to the WCF last yr w/o Gay.

All in all, Grizz have a better frontcourt than the Clippers and they're better defensively too. Grizz also have a better bench IMO.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 03:25 AM
Well, you have to understand that the Grizz were without Z-Bo for most of the season, and the last 20 games, they've been trying to incorporate him into the mix.

We still don't know how the Grizzlies would be with both Gay and Z-BO to be at full strength. Remember, the Grizz made it to the WCF last yr w/o Gay.

All in all, Grizz have a better frontcourt than the Clippers and they're better defensively too. Grizz also have a better bench IMO.

Clippers have a superior backcourt though with their insane depth of guards. They also have a much better offense. It's going to be a battle of the 4th best offense vs the 8th best defense.

Raph12
04-16-2012, 04:01 AM
Don't go betting your mortgage on it, it's far from a "sure thing"...

Dilbert456
04-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Clippers have a superior backcourt though with their insane depth of guards. They also have a much better offense. It's going to be a battle of the 4th best offense vs the 8th best defense.

you sir, are a goober

king4day
04-16-2012, 09:37 AM

In the end, the Griz won and it's the most recent game (if we're going to use head to head comparisons. No moral victories).

It'd be a great series but Memphis will and should be favored to win it.

thekmp211
04-16-2012, 10:06 AM
do you understand the "NBA forum" concept?

i hate to be that guy, but god damn man, unless you are going to post something insightful about why you feel this way, why do i give a ****? we will see what happens when the playoffs start.

meloman1592
04-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Clippers would far and away have the best player in the series so I don't see how this would be so easy for memphis

BKLYNpigeon
04-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Throw out all the Regular season stats ClippersFan(since 2011)

The playoffs are all about MATCHUPS! not your ESPN defense/offense ratings or power rankings. Memphis matches up better against the Clippers.

carter15
04-16-2012, 10:44 AM
This guy is really annoying.

ManningToTyree
04-16-2012, 11:10 AM
I like how he admitted this to be a bait thread lol.

Grizz manhandle in 1 and Clippers don't show up for another game.

Vinylman
04-16-2012, 11:42 AM
awesome thread

Clippers fans ... enjoy it now because the ride will be over shortly...

you have zero cap flexibility next year and ALOT of guys to resign

good luck with that :laugh:

sep11ie
04-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Lol, how do you dominate in 6?

MrfadeawayJB
04-16-2012, 11:57 AM
As many have said there will be no "man-handling" in the Western Conference. I do think the Clips are dangerous but i still feel confident in the Grizz. You can throw all the stats out there but in reality the Regular season doesnt really matter. In a season like this most teams are in cruise control anyways so any team can win any night.

I still think the Grizz dominate scoring in the paint, and as far as Griffin i dont think he can score in the paint on anything but dunks really. Paul is a tough cover, but Conley has enough speed to at least stay in front of him. I just think the Grizz are way too balanced to lose a 7 game series if these teams meet

ChiSox219
04-16-2012, 12:04 PM
awesome thread

Clippers already have two superstars and solid role players. They'll have the MLE to add a wing and/or big and Blake, DJ, Young, Bledsoe will all improve. They don't really need cap flexibility as much as they need a training camp together/preseason/full season together.

Clippers GM has "unlimited resources", they'll keep everyone they want to stay.

2-ONE-5
04-16-2012, 12:23 PM

insane depth at guard? Bledsoe stinks, Moe Williams and Nick Young are gunners and stink too, Foye is ok.

Your putting too much into the regular season, way too much.

Stinkyoutsider
04-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Hey lets not forget that the playoffs is A LOT different than the regular season, even if the Clippers blew Memphis out twice.

I agree, Paul has to go HAM for the Clippers to win the series. Who's Blake going to guard. We all know he's not good on that side of the floor. Is he going to guard Randolph or is he taking Gasol.

Paul's going to need more from Griffin than dunks and rebounding. Butler needs to show up and Nick Young will need a huge series. I like the Grizz to take the series - better coach, more talent, more chemistry. And, this time, Rudy Gay is available to play...

mzgrizz
04-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Playoffs are a whole different beast.. Grizzlies are built for Playoff basketball..The Clippers are built for acting like they won a championship every time Blake 0-Fouls somebody to dunk on them..Who's is going to stop Rudy Gay? Randy Foye? Caron Butler? HA ... Griz in 5 or 6.

This.
Whole different game between regular season and the playoffs.

Matrix3132
04-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Clippers would far and away have the best player in the series so I don't see how this would be so easy for memphis

Ask lebron how being the best player in a series has worked out so far for him

Vinylman
04-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Clippers already have two superstars and solid role players. They'll have the MLE to add a wing and/or big and Blake, DJ, Young, Bledsoe will all improve. They don't really need cap flexibility as much as they need a training camp together/preseason/full season together.

Clippers GM has "unlimited resources", they'll keep everyone they want to stay.

WRONG

Clipps are over the cap when you factor in cap holds...

They have to use the MLE on Young if they want to keep him... he lost his bird rights in the trade

Billups has no bird rights

kenyon martin no bird rights

sorry dude... don't understand how they are suppose to address their other issues when they would have to use the mle on any of these 3 not to mention they lose foye

There only chance is to get rid of mo williams salary or caron butlers to fill a need although i find it hard to believe they will be able to do either.

meloman1592
04-16-2012, 01:02 PM
It sounds like people in here hate the clippers more than being truthful about them. If you don't think Blake and cp3 aren't dangerous you're either stupid or a hater

BALLER R
04-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Clippers are a highlight team, they haven't proved that they can win under pressure. The grizzlies are coming off a great playoff run last season without Rudy gay. Grizzlies play more physical and gritty. If you thought blake was a whiner before wait till he gets a dose of the playoffs.

ChiSox219
04-16-2012, 01:18 PM
WRONG

Clipps are over the cap when you factor in cap holds...

They have to use the MLE on Young if they want to keep him... he lost his bird rights in the trade

Billups has no bird rights

kenyon martin no bird rights

sorry dude... don't understand how they are suppose to address their other issues when they would have to use the mle on any of these 3 not to mention they lose foye

There only chance is to get rid of mo williams salary or caron butlers to fill a need although i find it hard to believe they will be able to do either.

Clippers have Billups bird rights
KMart isn't getting full MLE money

Young will be the issue, whether or not he fits and is worth keeping.

You have two superstars and solid role players, there isn't a lot of need and Olshey is a smart dude, don't be surprised if he can turn Mo+ into another rotation player

BALLER R
04-16-2012, 01:19 PM
It sounds like people in here hate the clippers more than being truthful about them. If you don't think Blake and cp3 aren't dangerous you're either stupid or a hater

They are CP3 will hold his own I'm not sure blake will.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 01:27 PM
insane depth at guard? Bledsoe stinks, Moe Williams and Nick Young are gunners and stink too, Foye is ok.

Your putting too much into the regular season, way too much.

Mo Williams is putting up 14 ppg as a 6th man pal. How does that suck lol? Nick Young is putting up what 13 ppg off the bench? Again how does that suck? Bledsoe is a top 5 perimeter defender in the game this year... and when he's on the court with the starters they have INSANE defensive numbers. Then you factor in CP3 a top 5 player and the best PG in the game.

Clippers no question have the better, deeper backcourt.

The goods
04-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Ask lebron how being the best player in a series has worked out so far for him

Exactly having the best player on the court doesn't mean as much as it used to,

tr3ymill3r
04-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Clippers would lose in 6. Playoff games slow down considerably, that's not to say there won't be a game or 2 which is back and forth with a lot of lobs, but it won't be enough to help them win a series. When the game turns into a half court game, Blake Griffin and Jordan are useless unless they get offensive put backs. CP3 has done more with less, but the Grizzlies are better than the teams he beat while in New Orleans.

Vinylman
04-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Clippers have Billups bird rights
KMart isn't getting full MLE money

Young will be the issue, whether or not he fits and is worth keeping.

You have two superstars and solid role players, there isn't a lot of need and Olshey is a smart dude, don't be surprised if he can turn Mo+ into another rotation player

Are you saying billups isn't treated like a FA or a waived player? neither of those type of players have bird rights... is there some special provision under the CBA for amnestied players? It's irrelevant anyway, do you think he will play for the vet minimum on the clipps? Thats laughable

As for your role players :rolleyes:

DJ is total garbage his stats per 32 min haven't changed since his rookie year

bledsoe? another garbage player who can't even get on the court

caron butler? he isn't worth $4 million a year let alone the $8 he will make next year

Please explain to me how the clipperss keep the following guys while upgrading... seriously... any addition equals a subtraction...

Kmart - gonna cost at least mini-mle
Young - gonna cost full mle
foye - gonna cost $3-4 million
billups - gonna cost at least mini-mle

who is gonna want mo williams as a one year rental? Who is gonna give up a solid rotation player for him?

Again, good luck improving that roster especially knowing blake gets his big contract after next year. DJ's contract is a disaster for the clipps

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 01:45 PM
awesome thread

Take your head out of your *** sir. Clippers are in a better cap situation than any other contending team. They literally have almost nothing in committed salary the next two offseasons. They have plenty of flexibility to get free agents and use a FULL MLE before re-signing their own players.

Remember CP3 is already making what we would have to pay him in the first year of a 5 year deal. Griffin would only be getting an extra 5 mill a year in the first year from his current 8 million dollar salary. Max deal he would be up for would start around 13 mill first year.

DeAndre is already signed for 4 years. Clippers are only what 2-3 mill over cap with a ton of scrubs coming off the books? Gomes will be amnestied, Foye will be let go. That means 8 million off the books right there. Then if Mo Williams walks that's 9 mill off the books which allows us to get another max player or at least a top tier SG.

Clippers can literally free up about 20 mill cap this offseason if they choose to.

The goods
04-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Are you saying billups isn't treated like a FA or a waived player? neither of those type of players have bird rights... is there some special provision under the CBA for amnestied players? It's irrelevant anyway, do you think he will play for the vet minimum on the clipps? Thats laughable

caron butler? he isn't worth $4 million a year let alone the $8 he will make next year

Please explain to me how the clipperss keep the following guys while upgrading... seriously... any addition equals a subtraction...

who is gonna want mo williams as a one year rental? Who is gonna give up a solid rotation player for him?

Again, good luck improving that roster especially knowing blake gets his big contract after next year. DJ's contract is a disaster for the clipps

They have to pay griffin and paul next year but I think billups will stay and take a pay cut I just have a feeling he will.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Remember any contending team is going to have a rotating door on role players. Look at any recent finals team and you'll see different role players every couple years. The key is keeping the core together which the Clippers already have locked up on restricted deals or long term deals in DJ's case. The only unknown is Chris Paul but if you see him interacting with his teammates on and off the court you'd know he's going to be here a long time.

Somebody as prideful as Chris Paul isn't going to move two times within two years to a different team. He's going to ink up for the Clippers for a 5 year deal next offseason.

The goods
04-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah I agree chris paul isn't going anywhere anytime soon they just have to worry about role players they have griffin and paul to build around.

ChiSox219
04-16-2012, 02:16 PM

I don't know the exact clause or specifics but Billups was released via the amnesty rule and his bird rights were transferred to LAC

Don't need Foye
Bledsoe is already a really good defender and is going to get better
Billups=bird rights
KMart or similar level replacement
Young- up in the air at the moment

like i said, the Clippers don't need to improve as much as they need time playing together...and more important than any player additions, a new coach.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 02:19 PM
I don't know the exact clause or specifics but Billups was released via the amnesty rule and his bird rights were transferred to LAC

Don't need Foye
Billups=bird rights

like i said, the Clippers don't need to improve as much as they need time playing together...and more important than any player additions, a new coach.

Agree 100 percent. No other team added 9 new players, 3 new starters, many of which came after season started or the week before season started. Clippers have had no time to gel and all other contending teams have. Clippers are also at a severe disadvantage because they have such a poor coach.

Imagine if Pop, Adelman etc had this team? They would have gelled and figured it out much sooner and probably had 5-10 extra wins.

2-ONE-5
04-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Mo Williams is putting up 14 ppg as a 6th man pal. How does that suck lol? Nick Young is putting up what 13 ppg off the bench? Again how does that suck? Bledsoe is a top 5 perimeter defender in the game this year... and when he's on the court with the starters they have INSANE defensive numbers. Then you factor in CP3 a top 5 player and the best PG in the game.

Clippers no question have the better, deeper backcourt.

Moe Willaims still stinks, he is jsut a gunner, so is Nick Young thats why he was dealt. Care to share the stats the prove Bledsoe is a top 5 perimeter player? Seeing how he only plays about 11 min a game I am going to highly doubt you

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Moe Willaims still stinks, he is jsut a gunner, so is Nick Young thats why he was dealt. Care to share the stats the prove Bledsoe is a top 5 perimeter player? Seeing how he only plays about 11 min a game I am going to highly doubt you

1. Clippers only allow 71 points per 100 possessions when Bledsoe is in the game with DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin. Do you realize how insane that number is? Look at synergy lineups.

2. Watch him play and you'll see him cause MAJOR problems defensively for anybody from Russell Westbrook to most SG's. John Hollinger a constant Clipper basher listed him as a top 5 perimeter defender in the game by next year. Another ESPN article two days ago listed him as an X Factor in the playoffs coming up.

3. The only defensive PG who's on his level is Avery Bradley and I think Bledsoe is the more gifted defender. Bradley doesn't block shots or snag boards like Bledsoe. Bledsoe is 2nd in the NBA for rebound rate among guards. Sure he plays little this year coming off surgery but watch his defense on Westbrook tonight and you'll see it. This is a guy that can rack up 5 steals and 2 blocks no problem.

What's more is Bledsoe is only 6'0 tall. He's got a 6'7+ wingspan and 40 inch vert though to go with a completely jacked 195 pound frame.

Here are some plays. You will know Bledsoe by next year.. I promise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L2zLg-PXCU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1fwAVl4YYg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHLxFmI4fHk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ed4-xxbQuI

Vinylman
04-16-2012, 02:35 PM

Don't need Foye
Billups=bird rights

so you would be happy going into next year with the same roster? :speechless:

i doubt that happens... its more likely that billups/Kmart/Young all leave and then all you have is the mle.

Again, you are not recognizing the financial realities of the league... you have 2 horrible contracts DJ and Caron. plus mo's contract which is ridiculous for a back up

blake has one year left on his rookie deal at which time his salary will double

Paul will be in the final year of his deal next year and will want max money on his next contract if the clippers even have a chance of keeping him...

2013/2014 Cap looks like this

paul 19 million
blake 15 million
DJ 11 million
Caron 8 million

Donald Sterling is not gonna go $25 million over the cap which is basically what the above implies if you want to be competitive...

Again... Clipps are in cap hell no matter how you spin it

Can your GM pull of some miracles? dunno but he is gonna have to

Vinylman
04-16-2012, 02:38 PM
1. Clippers only allow 71 points per 100 possessions when Bledsoe is in the game with DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin. Do you realize how insane that number is? Look at synergy lineups.

2. Watch him play and you'll see him cause MAJOR problems defensively for anybody from Russell Westbrook to most SG's. John Hollinger a constant Clipper basher listed him as a top 5 perimeter defender in the game by next year. Another ESPN article two days ago listed him as an X Factor in the playoffs coming up.

3. The only defensive PG who's on his level is Avery Bradley and I think Bledsoe is the more gifted defender. Bradley doesn't block shots or snag boards like Bledsoe. Bledsoe is 2nd in the NBA for rebound rate among guards. Sure he plays little this year coming off surgery but watch his defense on Westbrook tonight and you'll see it. This is a guy that can rack up 5 steals and 2 blocks no problem.

What's more is Bledsoe is only 6'0 tall. He's got a 6'7+ wingspan and 40 inch vert though to go with a completely jacked 195 pound frame.

eric bledsoe plays 11 minutes a game... when he actually plays...

Are you telling me that you think even half of those minutes are against starting PG's?

Seriously, do you believe your own BS? :facepalm:

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 02:40 PM
so you would be happy going into next year with the same roster? :speechless:

i doubt that happens... its more likely that billups/Kmart/Young all leave and then all you have is the mle.

Again, you are not recognizing the financial realities of the league... you have 2 horrible contracts DJ and Caron. plus mo's contract which is ridiculous for a back up

blake has one year left on his rookie deal at which time his salary will double

Paul will be in the final year of his deal next year and will want max money on his next contract if the clippers even have a chance of keeping him...

2013/2014 Cap looks like this

paul 19 million
blake 15 million
DJ 11 million
Caron 8 million

Donald Sterling is not gonna go $25 million over the cap which is basically what the above implies if you want to be competitive...

Again... Clipps are in cap hell no matter how you spin it

Can your GM pull of some miracles? dunno but he is gonna have to

You really are this ********? Salary cap is 59 mill. You're off bigtime. Chris Paul will NOT get 19 million the first year of his deal. Nowadays ALL big contracts are BACKloaded not Frontloaded. Chris Paul will get about 17 mill first year, Blake 13. That means when you combine those 4 figures.... that's 50 million in cap out of the 58 or 59 cap. That leaves literally 8-9 million to fill in roster, not including MLE's.

So again I know you want there to be a problem for this team financially but as a 14 year fan of the team I promise you one doesn't exist.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 02:43 PM
eric bledsoe plays 11 minutes a game... when he actually plays...

Are you telling me that you think even half of those minutes are against starting PG's?

Seriously, do you believe your own BS? :facepalm:

He's our best defender. I've watched him lock up everybody the coach has been smart enough to use him on. Literally not a single player has gotten the best of Bledsoe's defense in the two years he has been here. Maybe they still score.... but they also start turning the ball over, taking very bad shots and having to work extremely hard for everything.

Again... rather than talking out of your *** to Clippers fans who have watched every game Bledsoe has played as a pro.... you should do a little more viewing yourself.

alew510
04-16-2012, 02:43 PM
The Clippers as structured right now (with or without Billups) will never get out of the second round.

Paul is a phenomenal player but last year in the playoffs he played out of his mind and could still not get out of the first round.

Foye/Bledsoe/Young are all very inconsistent players will be beat bad offensively and defensively in the playoffs against the other great 2 guards in the west (kobe, allen/mayo, manu, harden, afflalo, hell even delonte west is better than them)

Butler is also inconsistent and if you just stay up on him he can't beat you off the dribble.

Blake is an average post player at best with NO outside shot at all. In the playoffs he will be given the jumper and miss it every time. He won't be able to guard Duncan, ZBO, Pau, Dirk either.

Jordan/Martin are great defenders and will shut down most centers (besides Bynum) but provide nothing offensively.

The Clippers just dont have enough offense to hang with the elite West teams. With their defense and Paul offensively they could sneak out of first round but thats it

Vinylman
04-16-2012, 02:47 PM
You really are this ********? Salary cap is 59 mill. You're off bigtime. Chris Paul will NOT get 19 million the first year of his deal. Nowadays ALL big contracts are BACKloaded not Frontloaded. Chris Paul will get about 17 mill first year, Blake 13. That means when you combine those 4 figures.... that's 50 million in cap out of the 58 or 59 cap. That leaves literally 8-9 million to fill in roster, not including MLE's.

So again I know you want there to be a problem for this team financially but as a 14 year fan of the team I promise you one doesn't exist.

Your understanding of the cap and CBA are the joke... you have zero understanding of cap holds etc...

Backloaded contracts :facepalm: do you even understand how a max deal works

blake's year one max will be $15 million because of his existing salary...

as for filling in the roster... what are you gonna do ... sign these free agents this year or an mle guy to a one year contract?:facepalm:

You sir are clueless and don't know what you are talking about

the clipps will have well over $60 million committed to around 6-7 players going into the 2013/2014 season

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 02:47 PM
The Clippers as structured right now (with or without Billups) will never get out of the second round.

Paul is a phenomenal player but last year in the playoffs he played out of his mind and could still not get out of the first round.

Foye/Bledsoe/Young are all very inconsistent players will be beat bad offensively and defensively in the playoffs against the other great 2 guards in the west (kobe, allen/mayo, manu, harden, afflalo, hell even delonte west is better than them)

Butler is also inconsistent and if you just stay up on him he can't beat you off the dribble.

Blake is an average post player at best with NO outside shot at all. In the playoffs he will be given the jumper and miss it every time. He won't be able to guard Duncan, ZBO, Pau, Dirk either.

Jordan/Martin are great defenders and will shut down most centers (besides Bynum) but provide nothing offensively.

The Clippers just dont have enough offense to hang with the elite West teams. With their defense and Paul offensively they could sneak out of first round but thats it

3rd overall ranked offense right now, top 5 all season long. Despite some truth to the inconsistencies of our wing players you are GREATLY exaggerating the offensive struggles of this team. Butler is back on track putting up 15 ppg over the last 12 games or so.

Vinylman
04-16-2012, 02:48 PM
He's our best defender. I've watched him lock up everybody the coach has been smart enough to use him on. Literally not a single player has gotten the best of Bledsoe's defense in the two years he has been here. Maybe they still score.... but they also start turning the ball over, taking very bad shots and having to work extremely hard for everything.

Again... rather than talking out of your *** to Clippers fans who have watched every game Bledsoe has played as a pro.... you should do a little more viewing yourself.

No one said bledsoe wasn't a good defender

HE PLAYS 11 ****ING MINUTES A GAME PRIMARILY AGAINST BACK UPS

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Your understanding of the cap and CBA are the joke... you have zero understanding of cap holds etc...

Backloaded contracts :facepalm: do you even understand how a max deal works

blake's year one max will be $15 million because of his existing salary...

as for filling in the roster... what are you gonna do ... sign these free agents this year or an mle guy to a one year contract?:facepalm:

You sir are clueless and don't know what you are talking about

the clipps will have well over $60 million committed to around 6-7 players going into the 2013/2014 season

You're dead wrong. The Clippers only have Butler, Griffin, Bledsoe, DJ on the books for 2013/2014. They have COMPLETE control over who they keep, who they don't. Let's say that Blake starts at 15 mill then.. and CP3 is 19.... still that's 5 mill in cap after locking up the core. Remember some of our biggest contributors like Evans are on minimum salaries. Gomes will be amnestied this summer, Foye and Kenyon may walk.

Point is you're acting as if the Clippers ARE without a doubt going to keep all these players when in fact they very well may not. The key here is if they just keep the core of the team which is Bledsoe, CP3, Griffin, Butler and DJ... they are well under the cap, which is not what you said. So again I implore you to stop talking out of your ***.

Fly
04-16-2012, 02:54 PM
The Clippers won't get out of the first round.. Who's going to step up and take the big shot at the end of these games if they need to? Paul every time? What happens if Paul is getting shut down? After Billups' injury, they have no one besides Paul who can step up into the spotlight and take a clutch mid-range/3-point shot.

Vinylman
04-16-2012, 02:59 PM
You're dead wrong. The Clippers only have Butler, Griffin, Bledsoe, DJ on the books for 2013/2014. They have COMPLETE control over who they keep, who they don't. Let's say that Blake starts at 15 mill then.. and CP3 is 19.... still that's 5 mill in cap after locking up the core. Remember some of our biggest contributors like Evans are on minimum salaries. Gomes will be amnestied this summer, Foye and Kenyon may walk.

Point is you're acting as if the Clippers ARE without a doubt going to keep all these players when in fact they very well may not. The key here is if they just keep the core of the team which is Bledsoe, CP3, Griffin, Butler and DJ... they are well under the cap, which is not what you said. So again I implore you to stop talking out of your ***.

:facepalm:

You aren't gonna sign an mle guy for 2-3 years this summer?

You are gonna let billups/martin/young/foye all walk this summer or do you actually think one of them will sign a one year deal :speechless:

You aren't planning on drafting anyone? :speechless:

Again, quit running your mouth and actually calculate the numbers

The clipps will have 6-7 guys signed at well over $60 million unless they trade DJ or Caron

xILLN355
04-16-2012, 03:14 PM
3rd overall ranked offense right now, top 5 all season long. Despite some truth to the inconsistencies of our wing players you are GREATLY exaggerating the offensive struggles of this team. Butler is back on track putting up 15 ppg over the last 12 games or so.

that all changes in the playoffs. i guess you wouldn't really understand the difference since you haven't been a fan of a playoff team

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 03:15 PM
:facepalm:

You aren't gonna sign an mle guy for 2-3 years this summer?

You are gonna let billups/martin/young/foye all walk this summer or do you actually think one of them will sign a one year deal :speechless:

You aren't planning on drafting anyone? :speechless:

Again, quit running your mouth and actually calculate the numbers

The clipps will have 6-7 guys signed at well over $60 million unless they trade DJ or Caron

You may want to do some research. Clippers don't have first round picks, just 2nd. Which are both very unlikely to make the team unless it's a great player who fell down the draft. BTW... Billups, Foye, Young, Martin have ALL expressed interest at staying for a discount. Even if we do bring them all back... Clippers will be a couple mill over cap without going into luxury and still have a MLE.

Despite your failed attempts to make it appear like there is a problem.. there isn't. Lakers have been an average of what 15-20 mill over the cap the last decade? Yet they still find ways to work it out with the cap and win championships. Being over the cap means you're working hard to contend.

Neil Olshey is about to runaway with a unanimous Executive of the Year award and you're doubting his ability to get it done? This is a guy who's made a TON of great moves in the last year. First he trades a super protected 1st rounder for Bledsoe (now important part of teams future). Then he lures Butler away from Chicago and San Antonio (both contenders). Then pulls off the trade of a lifetime with CP3 deal. Then goes out and gets Billups on amnesty waiver.

Then signs Evans for minimum who had multiple suitors. Kenyon Martin chooses us for the MLE to join a team he said felt could win a championship.

Byronicle
04-16-2012, 03:18 PM
i remember del negro's first year with chicago. i thought he was all hype, and now the same thing is happening with the clippers

he has a overrated first year followed by expectations that he cannot fulfill the following year. clippers need a defensive coach, like when chicago got Thibodeau and they could've had that in Dwane Casey

netsgiantsyanks
04-16-2012, 03:25 PM
says the clippers fan. :rolleyes:

and plus, if they were to "demolish" them, why would it go to 6? :p

Vinylman
04-16-2012, 03:29 PM
You may want to do some research. Clippers don't have first round picks, just 2nd. Which are both very unlikely to make the team unless it's a great player who fell down the draft. BTW... Billups, Foye, Young, Martin have ALL expressed interest at staying for a discount. Even if we do bring them all back... Clippers will be a couple mill over cap without going into luxury and still have a MLE.

Despite your failed attempts to make it appear like there is a problem.. there isn't. Lakers have been an average of what 15-20 mill over the cap the last decade? Yet they still find ways to work it out with the cap and win championships. Being over the cap means you're working hard to contend.

Neil Olshey is about to runaway with a unanimous Executive of the Year award and you're doubting his ability to get it done? This is a guy who's made a TON of great moves in the last year. First he trades a super protected 1st rounder for Bledsoe (now important part of teams future). Then he lures Butler away from Chicago and San Antonio (both contenders). Then pulls off the trade of a lifetime with CP3 deal. Then goes out and gets Billups on amnesty waiver.

Then signs Evans for minimum who had multiple suitors. Kenyon Martin chooses us for the MLE to join a team he said felt could win a championship.

so much garbage in here i don't know where to start..

the obvious...

clippers aren't the Lakers so stop trying to compare what they are doing to the Lakers..

Olshey best executive? Are you kidding?

1. signs DJ to 2nd worse contract of offseason (nene is the worse)
2. signs Caron Butler (aka one lateral move away from a career ending injury) to the 3rd worse contract of offseason
3. bledsoe? bledsoe? when an where is he gonna play?
4. CP3 Trade :facepalm: ummm ... he wasn't even talking to the NO Hornets when the laker trade was announced... yes a true visionary... handed the most lopsided trade by the great david stern...

Olshey will be out in 3 years

kenyon martin is now an authority on who is a contender :facepalm:

One more time...

CLIPPS will have 6-7 guys signed for over $60 million going into the 2013/2014 season

JoeDirt05
04-16-2012, 03:32 PM
the league cant possible bail blake out in the playoffs can they?

2-ONE-5
04-16-2012, 03:36 PM

this is your proof? there is nothing specific to Bledsoe here. You are just a homer who thinks everything he says is right.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 04:01 PM
this is your proof? there is nothing specific to Bledsoe here. You are just a homer who thinks everything he says is right.

Lol what more proof do you need. Numbers show that when Bledsoe is on the floor... players don't score. Not much more proof than that. Watch him play some time.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 04:05 PM
so much garbage in here i don't know where to start..

the obvious...

clippers aren't the Lakers so stop trying to compare what they are doing to the Lakers..

Olshey best executive? Are you kidding?

1. signs DJ to 2nd worse contract of offseason (nene is the worse)
2. signs Caron Butler (aka one lateral move away from a career ending injury) to the 3rd worse contract of offseason
3. bledsoe? bledsoe? when an where is he gonna play?
4. CP3 Trade :facepalm: ummm ... he wasn't even talking to the NO Hornets when the laker trade was announced... yes a true visionary... handed the most lopsided trade by the great david stern...

Olshey will be out in 3 years

kenyon martin is now an authority on who is a contender :facepalm:

One more time...

CLIPPS will have 6-7 guys signed for over $60 million going into the 2013/2014 season

Awesome! Clippers will have 6-7 guys as a core and only be a couple mill over cap! Sounds like a great situation to me, not the bad one you're trying to paint it as. Gotta go over the cap to win in this league and Clippers go over the cap while maintaining a lot of flexibility. Sounds like a team built to contend for years. Great job Neil Olshey. BTW LOL at you saying Olshey isn't going to win Executive of the Year. We will find out who's right in about 3 weeks.

BTW considering Kenyon has been to the finals twice with the Nets and WCF once with the Nuggets as a huge part on all 3 teams, sure he's qualified. Mr Finals MVP himself Billups also called this the most talented team he's ever been on. K-Mart actually laughed when asked about this Clippers roster compared to Nets/Nuggets and went on to say how the talent on this current team is MUCH greater. Said it will be all about how they come together though when it comes to achieving more.

2-ONE-5
04-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Lol what more proof do you need. Numbers show that when Bledsoe is on the floor... players don't score. Not much more proof than that. Watch him play some time.

those numbers arent specific to Bledsoe they are specific to the trio of Bledose, Griffin and DJ and seeing how Bledsoe plays 11 min a game those numbers are more a result of Griffin and DJ.

Donuts365
04-16-2012, 04:27 PM

just like your sixers

Chronz
04-16-2012, 04:58 PM
The Clippers are the only team Dallas has a good chance to beat in the first round. Am I saying Dallas will beat them? No. But I'm saying they have a good chance.

Heres hoping you guys can move up a few places, I would much rather face Dallas

Lake_Show2416
04-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Playoffs is mostly all half court offense, meaning only CP3 will be the only real factor

Grizz in 6, id say 5 but Paul will atleast get it to 6

ChiSox219
04-16-2012, 05:50 PM
lol lakers fans still mad

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Playoffs is mostly all half court offense, meaning only CP3 will be the only real factor

Grizz in 6, id say 5 but Paul will atleast get it to 6

Grizzlies offense relies on steals+fastbreaks and even then it's the 18th ranked offense. Clippers play at the 28th fastest pace meaning their offense is pretty much all in the halfcourt and doesn't rely on fastbreaks. Yet even with all that they are the 3rd ranked overall offense. Basically you and all the other people are ignorant.

When the playoffs slow down and it becomes a halfcourt game it will hurt the Grizzlies and favor the Clippers. The numbers prove that.

rasajr23
04-16-2012, 07:10 PM
I like when Clipper fans think there team is better than they really are...lol.. Have you ever had a friend that never had a drink in his/her life, but when they did they become irritating and annoying?? That's how I feel about the Clipper fans. I really do hope that one day soon the Clippers move out of Staples into the Honda Center and get renamed THE LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS OF ANAHEIM...

Chronz
04-16-2012, 07:42 PM
What worries me about the Grizz is Tony Allen more than anything. I like our bigs chances of neutralizing theirs somewhat, they have a well rounded team but they can only win if they take advantage of our poor transition defense, their athletic ability in the open court will stand out if Tony is out there wreaking havoc or stymying lil CP3

xILLN355
04-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Grizzlies offense relies on steals+fastbreaks and even then it's the 18th ranked offense. Clippers play at the 28th fastest pace meaning their offense is pretty much all in the halfcourt and doesn't rely on fastbreaks. Yet even with all that they are the 3rd ranked overall offense. Basically you and all the other people are ignorant.

When the playoffs slow down and it becomes a halfcourt game it will hurt the Grizzlies and favor the Clippers. The numbers prove that.

do you not know who zach randolph is?

Chronz
04-16-2012, 07:51 PM
The post season doesnt always slow down thats hogwash.

Punk
04-16-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't believe that. I really like the Clippers but they need to get 3rd or else they won't make it out the first round.

I just don't see anyone stopping Gay, Zach, Gasol in the first round. Memphis could also put Tony Allen on Chris Paul which has shown to work.

The Clippers would manhandle the Mavericks but not the Grizzlies.

Clippersfan86
04-16-2012, 09:56 PM
do you not know who zach randolph is?

Ever hear of Blake Griffin? More of a threat down low than Randolph if you go by points in the paint, scoring per game and the fact that he's doubled teamed a hell of a lot more.

mzgrizz
04-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Ya know; this opening poster deserves to be happy right now. He's either been a long suffering Clips fan or he's a bandwagoner new to the game......inclined to believe the latter. And he's been able to get us all responding to his accountant mentality of repeated stats while he's post padding his way into the next level. Kudos to you clippersfan 86.

kylem4711
04-16-2012, 10:46 PM
I thought you were going to stop posting so much about the clippers? you have been giving us fans a bad name lately.

kylem4711
04-16-2012, 10:50 PM
What worries me about the Grizz is Tony Allen more than anything. I like our bigs chances of neutralizing theirs somewhat, they have a well rounded team but they can only win if they take advantage of our poor transition defense, their athletic ability in the open court will stand out if Tony is out there wreaking havoc or stymying lil CP3

yuup, tony allen on CP3 the whole game scares me.

Cal827
04-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Ok this thread has had everything, trolling, baiting, master-baiting... and now that ^ :facepalm: lol

mzgrizz
04-16-2012, 11:01 PM
I think it's ending with a bang

NYtilIdie
04-16-2012, 11:12 PM
And just like that, the Clippers go on my s**t list.

dalton749
04-16-2012, 11:29 PM
false

Lakers + Giants
04-16-2012, 11:34 PM
lol lakers fans still mad

At what?!?!

2-1 vs the clips.

Avenged
04-17-2012, 12:12 AM
At what?!?!

2-1 vs the clips.

And up in the standings. :confused:

The Clippers are good, and will give any team a tough time in the playoffs. But the postseason is a game of match-ups, and unfortunately I think the Grizz match-up well w/ them.

Same w/ the Lakers, I wouldn't want to face the Grizzlies at all. Earlier in the season I would have said to avoid the Clippers, but now that the Lakers have added Sessions, the PG mismatch is not as huge as it was w/ Fisher. Also, Bynum seems to play well against Jordan so I think LAL match up fairly well w/ them.

Anyways, the Clippers beating the Grizzlies would not surprise me at all. I really doubt they will "manhandle" them though if they do beat them.

meloman1592
04-17-2012, 01:02 AM
i wanna see memphis dominate okc the way the clippers do

Lakers + Giants
04-17-2012, 01:18 AM
i wanna see memphis dominate okc the way the clippers do

Glad you're taking pride in another teams win.

kylem4711
04-17-2012, 01:50 AM
Glad you're taking pride in another teams win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IUxK_0WLbg

Raps08-09 Champ
04-17-2012, 01:55 AM
There's a reason why Zach Randolph wanted to leave the Clippers.

Chronz
04-17-2012, 01:58 AM
There's a reason why Zach Randolph wanted to leave the Clippers.
Im pretty sure he had no choice

Raps08-09 Champ
04-17-2012, 01:59 AM

Randolph always has a choice.

He is ZBo, afterall.

raiderposting
04-17-2012, 02:00 AM
why are the clippers so important on PSD. Even if they magically get passed Memphis which they won't, they are not getting passed LAL, SAS, OKC.

Clippersfan86
04-17-2012, 02:04 AM

Zach was actually upset about being traded. Wanted to stay on the Clippers and felt disrespected that he was traded for peanuts. Team didn't even wait a day to waive Quintin Richardson. I can't complain though because team likely wouldn't have gotten top pick in draft and Blake Griffin if not for that midseason trade.

Iron24th
04-17-2012, 02:42 AM
Clippers beating Grizzlies in a 7 games series?
Good luck man

TrueFan420
04-17-2012, 03:20 AM
i dont think any team would "manhandle" the grizzlies... maybe beat them but not "manhandle" em