PDA

View Full Version : Do you think King James wishes he stayed in Cleveland?

Longhornfan1234
04-15-2012, 05:49 PM
If he could do it all over again? Hometown hero to most hated player in the NBAwith more pressure than he ever dreamed.

IMO...he definitely should have stayed in Cleveland. Instead he ran for help in South Beach and thought Wade would either help him win rings OR at least share the blame if they failed...and he was wrong on both accounts.

Thoughts?

stawka
04-15-2012, 05:50 PM
CSB (stands for "cool story bro")

2-ONE-5
04-15-2012, 05:55 PM
what he is the King of exactly? a little premature for a thread too dont u think? he hasnt even played 2 full season in Miami yet. I hate him and hope he never wins but this thread is uncalled for

llemon
04-15-2012, 05:57 PM
No

Longhornfan1234
04-15-2012, 05:59 PM
what he is the King of exactly? a little premature for a thread too dont u think? he hasnt even played 2 full season in Miami yet. I hate him and hope he never wins but this thread is uncalled for

LeBron is the king of the NBA. He's the best player in the NBA.

Chronz
04-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Leaving Cleveland was right, the destination is still in question. Chicago has proven to be a power without him

Reversed86Curse
04-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Cleveland was going nowhere. I don't think that the whole decision thing was right IMO but he was leaving Cleveland regardless

JNA17
04-15-2012, 06:30 PM
He should have joined the Bulls and formed an actual team/dynasty.

Giannis94
04-15-2012, 06:31 PM
gigity

ManRam
04-15-2012, 06:34 PM
No.

And if if I thought that, I don't know...i'm not psychic. He made a decision...and it hasn't even been two full seasons yet.

Cleveland was going nowhere. He exercised his right to change teams, and that's that. I doubt he has regrets, but again, who knows.

sunsfan88
04-15-2012, 06:35 PM
He went to the Finals in his FIRST year with Miami....we went to the Finals ONCE during the SIX years he played for the Cavs.

Does that answer you question?

ColtsSpursTerps
04-15-2012, 06:39 PM
he doesnt regret it yet but he will eventually

naps
He went to the Finals in his FIRST year with Miami....we went to the Finals ONCE during the SIX years he played for the Cavs.

Does that answer you question?

THIS.

Didn't we have this exact same threads plenty of times? I am sure those threads are still in the cycles of NBA forum. Why create the same thread over and over again? OP = Fail.

smith&wesson
why would he ? he is playinig with better players and in a warmer, nicer city.

Longhornfan1234
04-15-2012, 06:49 PM
THIS.

Didn't we have this exact same threads plenty of times? I am sure those threads are still in the cycles of NBA forum. Why create the same thread over and over again? OP = Fail.

What are you talking about ? Get a life. You're the biggest troll on PSD.

Cal827
04-15-2012, 06:50 PM
What are you talking about ? Get a life. You're the biggest troll on PSD.

D-Wade laughs at the irony of this post :D

Longhornfan1234
04-15-2012, 06:50 PM
why would he ? he is playinig with better players and in a warmer, nicer city.

The Cavs was a more balance team. Wade and LeBron styles don't complement each other.

Longhornfan1234
04-15-2012, 06:52 PM
D-Wade laughs at the irony of this post :D

Wade is the most overrated player in the last decade...so I don't care what he thinks. :)

Cal827
04-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Lol... as for the question. I don't think so... He would have been absolutely trapped in with Cleveland's roster. Bosh didn't want to play in Cleveland (S/T rumors from before)... so the other guys would have moved around and made teams tougher... (Bosh to maybe Chicago, Booz to Miami) as well as the already good Celtics, Magic, the new look Knicks, etc.. Cleveland seemed to be headed for decline. They might have had problems getting past the first round if he had stayed last year.

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 07:05 PM
2 questions.

a. Were you a cleveland fan?

and b. Why do you refer to him as king james?

cle was never winning a title with that roster and no one wants to go to cle. Not to mention the owner is the biggest D bag ever.

Longhornfan1234
04-15-2012, 07:10 PM
2 questions.

cle was never winning a title with that roster and no one wants to go to cle. Not to mention the owner is the biggest D bag ever.

A. I'm a Cavs fan.

B. He's the best player in the league.

LeBron could have won at Cleveland. Pieces were coming.

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 07:15 PM
A. I'm a Cavs fan.

And that would explain your hate for dwyane wade.

No one was going to cle, no one.

xxplayerxx23
04-15-2012, 07:21 PM
why would he?? he had pressure to win it in cle also, much better team in miami, he doesnt regret it

JasonJohnHorn
04-15-2012, 07:31 PM
I think it was a hard choice for him and the thought of playing with a player the calibre of Wade was just too good to pass up. I think James will go back to Cleveland before he retires. He's got unfinished business there.

The biggest problem with the Cavs was that they had no cap space because they had been taking on bad contracts to maintain a high level of talent, and when guys like Big Z and Shaq not signed on to stay, the Cavs would have been taking a step backwards that season, and James wanted to be moving forward (though if James had maintained a commitment to the Cavs it would have allowed them to sign free agents who were hesitant to play on a James-less Cavs team). I think James should have been the one convincing Bosh and Wade to come to Cleveland and let the Cavs work out some sort of sign-and-trade for one or both of them (not that that would have been likely). In the end, Wade got bosh and James to sign for less to play with him. If James was a true alpha male he would have gotten them to sign less to be on his team.

I think James wishesis departure could have gone down differently, but I think he would still go to Miami. He should have manned up and told the Cavs before the season ended that he didn't intend to stay so they could have gotten something in return, the way Melo did with Denver.

C'est la vie.

TheIlladelph16
04-15-2012, 07:35 PM
A. I'm a Cavs fan.

I gotta ask this but what pieces exactly? Cleveland only got Kyrie because they tanked so bad after Lebron left.... I think he does and absolutely should regret the Decision. Leaving Cleveland for any sport is nothing an athlete should regret.

JNA17
04-15-2012, 07:41 PM
I gotta ask this but what pieces exactly? Cleveland only got Kyrie because they tanked so bad after Lebron left.... I think he does and absolutely should regret the Decision. Leaving Cleveland for any sport is nothing an athlete should regret.

Honestly, this.

I don't usually like craping on states or cities, but Cleveland is a pretty crap place to live. Im one of the unlucky people that have a relative that lives there, so I had to go there from time to time. It's SO BAD! I would rather live in Connecticut, and that state is freaking boring lol.

Also this is relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

Raph12
04-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Leaving Cleveland was definitely the right decision, where he went and how he went about it might not have been so great.

xxplayerxx23
04-15-2012, 07:51 PM
lol why does this guy hate wade so much lol? Raph you always have a great sig :D

KnicksSoxFan69
04-15-2012, 07:55 PM
should have gotten to the Knicks. But dats ok rather have non choker CarMelon.

2-ONE-5
04-15-2012, 08:03 PM

based on what? socring titles, rings, mvp's? what qualifies him as the best in the NBA bcuz he doesnt have the most of any of those.

Bin Laden
04-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Thought this thread was about the bible

KnicksSoxFan69
04-15-2012, 08:08 PM
2 questions.

yup you saw his dick?

John Walls Era
04-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Maybe a little last season, but I really doubt he still wishes to play for them now after how the owner reacted

Hawkeye15
04-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Yes, he would prefer to be playing for one of the worst managed franchises of the past 20 years in basketball.

ThunderousDemon
04-15-2012, 08:26 PM

lol what kind of a person refers to Lebron as,"King James", have some dignity heat fans. :facepalm:

SportsFanatic10
04-15-2012, 08:33 PM
lol what kind of a person refers to Lebron as,"King James", have some dignity heat fans. :facepalm:

hes not a heat fan hes a cavs fan whos still in love with lebron.

OptiMized
04-15-2012, 08:40 PM
people who live in cleveland, don't even want to be there.

E.O.21
04-15-2012, 08:50 PM
WOW is cleveland really that bad? hahah

Raph12
04-15-2012, 08:53 PM
lol why does this guy hate wade so much lol? Raph you always have a great sig :D

They'd be even better if I didn't get censored continuously. :p

AceMan
04-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Honestly if you think picking Miami over Chicago was smart then I don't know what to tell you. You're just flat out wrong. If he picked the Bulls I'm guessing Bosh goes with him. Let's say Rip signs for the MLE this offseason like he actually did. The Bulls are looking at a starting five of Rose-Rip-LeBron-Bosh-Noah with Deng, Gibson and Asik off of the bench. Are you freaking kidding me? That team is unstoppable! They wouldn't have Watson, Korver or Brewer, but who cares? They'd get a couple of backup guards for the minimum who want to win a ring. If LeBron goes to Chicago the Bulls are the undisputed title favorite for AT LEAST five years barring injury. They could have broken 72 games. How anyone thinks Miami was a better choice I will never know.

The goods
04-15-2012, 08:54 PM
No but I think wade does,the guy gets no credit.
People don't even talk about wade anymore,while I think he needs to be their leader in order for them to win,even if he was lebron would get all the credit.

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Honestly if you think picking Miami over Chicago was smart then I don't know what to tell you. You're just flat out wrong. If he picked the Bulls I'm guessing Bosh goes with him. Let's say Rip signs for the MLE this offseason like he actually did. The Bulls are looking at a starting five of Rose-Rip-LeBron-Bosh-Noah with Deng, Gibson and Asik off of the bench. Are you freaking kidding me? That team is unstoppable! They wouldn't have Watson, Korver or Brewer, but who cares? They'd get a couple of backup guards for the minimum who want to win a ring. If LeBron goes to Chicago the Bulls are the undisputed title favorite for AT LEAST five years barring injury. They could have broken 72 games. How anyone thinks Miami was a better choice I will never know.

Rose didnt want lebron

Burkey3472
04-15-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm sure he wishes he did things differently in terms of "The Decision" but he made the best basketball choice for himself in terms of winning.

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 09:16 PM
And its not like bron could have went anywhere and just won. HE choked in the finals last year. He is the reason miami didnt win a ring* Who is to say he goes to chicago and he could have choked again...

*Obviously Dallas played great but if lebron actually played to his avg, i think the series would have been a lot closer, even won by miami imo

Cfrey
04-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Why do people act like he's going to miss an organization who treated him like **** after he game his all to them ???

He will always be sad that the fans hate him but theres not **** you can do about it. He couldn't care less about the organization.

knicks4life33
04-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Why is his nickname king james isnt a king supposed to have the jewlery and rings

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Why is his nickname king james isnt a king supposed to have the jewlery and rings

the OP is a lebron homer

Cfrey
04-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Lol ppl just mad they don't have a sick nickname

Ladies Man
04-15-2012, 09:27 PM
IMO I think he does regret changing teams but he probably wouldn't come out and say that now

knicks4life33
04-15-2012, 09:28 PM
like he went from the "chosen one'' to the '' frozen one'' in the finals last year lol

5ass
04-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Leaving Cleveland was right, the destination is still in question. Chicago has proven to be a power without him

ya, i still dont like that he joined the heat. I would've rather seen wade and lebron go at each other on stacked teams than to see them play together.

cubbie92
04-15-2012, 09:41 PM
I actually don't think he regrets anything. I have no evidence of this obviously, but based on how he's handled other situations in his career, I don't feel he's sorry at all.

Longhornfan1234
04-15-2012, 11:23 PM

I have no idea..but who wouldn't want to play alongside the best player on the planet?

Longhornfan1234
04-15-2012, 11:24 PM
:facepalm:
based on what? socring titles, rings, mvp's? what qualifies him as the best in the NBA bcuz he doesnt have the most of any of those.

He's the best all-around player in the NBA.

Cal827
04-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Lol ppl just mad they don't have a sick nickname

I'm happy with my nickname thank you very much :D

Longhornfan1234
04-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Yes, he would prefer to be playing for one of the worst managed franchises of the past 20 years in basketball.

Ironic coming from a Wolves fan... :laugh:

Cal827
04-15-2012, 11:27 PM
the OP is a lebron homer

Let's see How Homer....

Eh Longhorn fan... who would you rather take: Lebron or Jordan?.. :D

Longhornfan1234
04-15-2012, 11:29 PM
And its not like bron could have went anywhere and just won. HE choked in the finals last year. He is the reason miami didnt win a ring* Who is to say he goes to chicago and he could have choked again...

*Obviously Dallas played great but if lebron actually played to his avg, i think the series would have been a lot closer, even won by miami imo

The Heat lost because Wade choked in game 5 and 6. King James was tired after carrying Wade against the Celtics and Bulls.

Longhornfan1234
04-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Let's see How Homer....

Eh Longhorn fan... who would you rather take: Lebron or Jordan?.. :D

If my team is full of scubs? LeBron.

MJ is the superior player, though.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Ironic coming from a Wolves fan... :laugh:

How so?

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 11:34 PM

The Heat lost because Wade choked in game 5 and 6. King James was tired after carrying Wade against the Celtics and Bulls.

:laugh2: And LMFAO at you calling im king james, not trying to be rude but i cant imagine any adult or someone over 18 for that matter refering to lebron as king james.

lol

Longhornfan1234
04-15-2012, 11:46 PM
How so?

In 96 Drafting and trading Ray Allen plus your 2000 1st round pick for Marbury was costly. Can't forget about the Joe Smith signing that costed your team 1st round picks in 01, 02 and 04. The Wolves are a joke. Before KG yall were awful...and post KG. :facepalm::facepalm:

Longhornfan1234
04-15-2012, 11:52 PM
:laugh2: And LMFAO at you calling im king james, not trying to be rude but i cant imagine any adult or someone over 18 for that matter refering to lebron as king james.

lol

King James is his nickname. Go look up Wade's pathetic numbers in game 5 and 6.

Sinestro
04-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Nah he wasn't going anywhere with Cleveland

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 11:55 PM

King James is his nickname. Go look up Wade's pathetic numbers in game 5 and 6.

You could be the only person on PSD that would blame wade for losing the finals. What does that tell you.

Lebron being locked down by JJ barea and kid is ok tho? The dude choked, it was a horrible choke job. I hate it just as much as you probably do but im not going to blame wade for it. And stop calling him king james, it makes it har to take your posts seriously.

Longhornfan1234
04-16-2012, 12:00 AM
You could be the only person on PSD that would blame wade for losing the finals. What does that tell you.

Lebron being locked down by JJ barea and kid is ok tho? The dude choked, it was a horrible choke job. I hate it just as much as you probably do but im not going to blame wade for it. And stop calling him king james, it makes it har to take your posts seriously.

LeBron was obviously tired because he had to carry all of the offensive load against the Celtics(4th quarters) and Bulls.

And Wade didn't help playing awful in game 5 and 6.

Answer this question: Do you like Wade more than LeBron?

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 12:09 AM
LeBron was obviously tired because he had to carry all of the offensive load against the Celtics(4th quarters) and Bulls.

And Wade didn't help playing awful in game 5 and 6.

Answer this question: Do you like Wade more than LeBron?

Yes. And i also think bron is the better player. But i dont hate on him to make the other look good...

JordansBulls
04-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Depends if he could get a Bosh to his team.

Lebron was more comfortable in Cleveland because

1) He got all the credit for dragging inferior teams further than they should have gone and

2) He got no blame when they ultimately lost because his teams were not expected to win.

No lose situation.

Now, in Miami it's the exact opposite. Winning 55 games in the regular season won't cut it. The Heat are expected to win. There's a difference between being expected to lose (and excused when it happens) than it is to be expected to win (NO excuses). Whole different kind of pressure.

Statistically speaking, Lebron's having a career year. His team should be in 1st place. If he was in Cleveland right now, he'd be the toast of the league. "Too bad Lebron doesn't have the right cast or he'd win 8 titles straight!". Now all everyone cares about is how he does in the Finals. He has a contending team. No excuses. The Finals. That's the only thing that matters. He couldn't handle it last year. This year, the jury's still out.

Fnom11
04-16-2012, 11:22 AM

The OP is a notorious Heat fan troll.

BradfordIsElite
04-16-2012, 01:45 PM
In the very beginning when the entire city of Cleveland blew up, I thought he might of had second guesses. This until he realized he's much happier playing in Miami with even more media attention and many more chances at reaching more then one championship.

nycsports2
04-16-2012, 01:54 PM
na hes having a blast in sobe lol.. there gonna get a ring just not alot of them like people thought maybe 1 or 2

ManningToTyree
04-16-2012, 02:23 PM
No. Cleveland was never getting over the hump. The only reason he gets so much backlash is the WAY he left not that he left.

2-ONE-5
04-16-2012, 02:34 PM

He's the best all-around player in the NBA.

based on what? what makes him the best player in the NBA other than your opinion?

Fly
04-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Well, I wouldn't have stayed in Cleveland if I were him. They were just running a piss-poor franchise, and I can't blame him for wanting to be competitive and win a championship. I don't think the way he left/the reason he went to Miami was right, and I'm sure he'd re-do it all if he had the chance.

The Flash
04-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Nice name for a thread title....troll

Marlin234
04-16-2012, 04:12 PM
To the OP you went from wade to Lebron now? Get a fuking life will ya?

knicks4life33
04-16-2012, 05:11 PM
I actually wishhhhhhhhhhhhhh he stayed in cleveland so there wouldnt be numerous amount of threads about him espicially threads that are brought up 3 months later !!!!!!!!!

sep11ie
04-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Dude, you need your thread making capibilities revoked.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 05:43 PM
dude, you need your thread making capibilities revoked.

+1

Meaze_Gibson
04-16-2012, 05:51 PM
He should have stayed in Cleveland. And I am a Miami fan. The problem with going elsewhere was that he was going to lose his identity. The heat are not built around Bron. They are built around Wade.

With another Loss before finals, Brown and Ferry would have been fired. Imagine Byron coaching Bron. Also, when he realized none of his "nba brothers" would have joined him, he probably would have developed that killer mentality needed to take him over the top. For the growth of his game I think he was better off staying.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 05:54 PM
He should have stayed in Cleveland. And I am a Miami fan. The problem with going elsewhere was that he was going to lose his identity. The heat are not built around Bron. They are built around Wade.

With another Loss before finals, Brown and Ferry would have been fired. Imagine Byron coaching Bron. Also, when he realized none of his "nba brothers" would have joined him, he probably would have developed that killer mentality needed to take him over the top. For the growth of his game I think he was better off staying.

He wasnt winning a ring with the talent around him, and other teams have only gotten better. Defenses can take 1 superstar out of a game and win pretty easily, perfect example is the bulls last year.

KaganRS
04-16-2012, 05:58 PM
He should have went to Chicago if anything.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 06:04 PM
He should have went to Chicago if anything.

I dont think rose wanted him on the bulls. Rose wanted that team to be his and if bron went it would have been brons team. Plus rose needs the ball to be effective and has yet to show he can play off the ball like wade has.

Longhornfan1234
04-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Nice name for a thread title....troll

How am I trolling? I'm the biggest LeBron fan.

PlayDPlease
04-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Yes.

Longhornfan1234
04-16-2012, 06:07 PM
based on what? what makes him the best player in the NBA other than your opinion?

2 MVPS and MONSTER playoff numbers/series.

Meaze_Gibson
04-16-2012, 06:39 PM
He wasnt winning a ring with the talent around him, and other teams have only gotten better. Defenses can take 1 superstar out of a game and win pretty easily, perfect example is the bulls last year.

But the thing is he had the talent, It wasn't cultivated. Shannon Brown and Danny Green are both respectable players in this league. Even with the Mo Williams annual playoff collapse, all Lebron ever needed was key buckets. Buckets, of which he shouldve had the post game to make.

With all said and done, MIA just lost to a team with one superstar. It could have happened. He may not have won multiple titles, but just one with cleveland would have put him legitimately there with the greats. I just believe that killer mentality, that mental block, would have been removed had he stayed.

Missing56&33
04-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Yes, I do.......Mo Williams would have stayed....I think some guys would have come to play with him, had he been more patient. I know Bosh wish he stayed in Toronto......he was the man there, now hes a *****.

AIRMAR72
04-16-2012, 06:55 PM
yeah I believe he do but it just so much fun in south beach

theheatles
04-16-2012, 07:15 PM
The grass isn't greener on the other side...it's greener where you water it

Sandman
04-16-2012, 07:18 PM
I think he might regret THE WAY he did it, but I don't think he regrets going to Miami.

+ there's still plenty of time

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Yes, I do.......Mo Williams would have stayed....I think some guys would have come to play with him, had he been more patient. I know Bosh wish he stayed in Toronto......he was the man there, now hes a *****.

I dont believe bosh wanted to stay in toronto. i think if he could do it over he would go to chicago and the bulls with bosh instead of boozer would be a scary team

DoubleDragon
04-16-2012, 07:29 PM

A King needs a crown.

He's certainly the most talented overall player at the present time, and perennially top 5 which is saying a LOT, but as far as King...(see first line again)

nuf said.;)

Oh, and in answer to the question in the thread.
No.
He's in strong contention for a championship on the heat. Surrounded with a few other big talents AND he gets to not live in Cleveland. Sorry

xxcubs22xx
04-16-2012, 07:29 PM
No. Anybody with half a clue knows that Lebron doesn't wish he stayed in cleveland.

DoubleDragon
04-16-2012, 07:37 PM
No. Anybody with half a clue knows that Lebron doesn't wish he stayed in cleveland.

Wow, I saw the quote (about D Rose) you have in your sig.
Wow is all I can say. Classic.
By the name, a LBJ fan.
Wow

Jarvo
04-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Not a chance.