PDA

View Full Version : Would it benefit the NBA to abolish technicals?

NYSpirit1
04-15-2012, 05:47 PM
I think without a doubt it would be the best rule changing decision the NBA has made in years.

Basketball is an emotional game and too many times are teams getting technicals that add up to 2, 3, 4 points in the other teams favor. Especially in a game like a Heat-Bulls, where the game is always going to be close - this is monumentally huge. Imagine what is being said in a NFL game on the field, every single play. Even baseball, when players are standing at the base, they could be talking trash.

Over the past few years, the NBA has gotten crazy with players cursing/screaming at refs so that leads to another point for the other team. It's ridiculous.

I personally don't think it matters if players are mouthing off at the ref and unless there is physical abuse - like a punch to another player, something like that, I don't think technicals should be allowed to be called.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2012, 05:50 PM
no, you can't get rid of technicals. Controlling emotions is part of sports, sorry.

gatkins11
04-15-2012, 05:53 PM
no, you can't get rid of technicals. Controlling emotions is part of sports, sorry.

Agreed. There would be total chaos if the NBA abolished technicals.

BigBlueCrew
04-15-2012, 05:54 PM
no they shouldn't get rid of technicals. The NBA just needs to hire full time referees. Not refs who calls techs based on if they are having a bad day or not.