PDA

View Full Version : Consensus on Spoelstra?

Wade>You
04-15-2012, 03:14 PM
I think he's among the worst coaches in the NBA. The list of reasons is way too long to type, but I'm sure most of you should know the popular reasons by now.

Thoughts?

Wade>You
04-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Simply put
- the guy has never overachieved, or even achieved, anything in his life
- in fact, he has underachieved in all but one NBA season as a head coach.
- he spends the entire regular season chasing a playoff seed that's unattainable instead of developing the younger players and resting the vets like the great coaches in this league do.
- lastly, HE CAN'T WIN WITH A TEAM THAT HAS LBJ, WADE, BOSH.

A lot more reasons, this is just the condensed version of it.

JasonJohnHorn
04-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Meh. Here's the deal with Spo. He's got the best player in the league on his team, he's got the second best SG in the league (I'm sorry, but Kobe is still better than Wade), and he's got a top 5 PF. That is a good start, but they still have two huge gaping holes on this team at center and at point guard, so when I look at the Heat's lack of depth I think Spo is doing a good job considering they have the second best record in the west. He's got high expectations with the Roster he has, so anything less than a championship is going to be underachieving, but in all reality, the Bulls, Spurs, Thunder and Lakers all have deeper rosters than the Heat, so they are sitting pretty well in the standings considering what they are lacking.

So Spo's doing a good job in context, but he's not doing a great job. I think James and Wade are the ones running the team, not Spo, so I would rather have a different coach at the helm of my team.

k.smith904
04-15-2012, 03:21 PM
I think his biggest problem is he refuses to let the team use their other levels.

Ebbs
04-15-2012, 03:37 PM
No I don't think so he is one of the better coaches to handle that team

shep33
04-15-2012, 03:38 PM
He's a better coach than other playoff teams currently have

gaughan333
04-15-2012, 03:47 PM
I think his biggest problem is he refuses to let the team use their other levels.

He's just saving the levels for the playoffs. Then they will level up all the way and actually try.

Rain City
04-15-2012, 03:55 PM
he is a good coach but a bad fit for the heat roster.

gotoHcarolina52
04-15-2012, 03:57 PM
He irritates the living hell out of me at times with his rotations, but since I don't have a window into the HEAT's practices, I don't know how good of a coach he really is.

Pretty mediocre game manager, though.

Forever35
04-15-2012, 04:02 PM
If Riley definitely knew that he could win with this team, the same way he knew he could win with Shaq and Wade in 05'/06', Spoelstra would have been dumped the same way SVG was (yeah he was dumped)... As talented as this Heat team is, they can't be crowned kings until they win it... I don't think he's a good coach, but he's not the main reason why that team goes into brainfart mode during the season...

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 04:14 PM
So hes not the reason we win but he's the reason we lose? :laugh:

He's not the best coach but he has out our team in poistion to win,

If bosh wants to avg a career low in rebounds, its spos fault, right?

Forever35
04-15-2012, 04:17 PM
So hes not the reason we win but he's the reason we lose? :laugh:

He's not the best coach but he has out our team in poistion to win,

If bosh wants to avg a career low in rebounds, its spos fault, right?

That's why I don't think Riley wants to touch this team as a coach... Should they win... yes...

spreadeagle
04-15-2012, 04:25 PM
I think he a great coach, young seems motivated never loses his cool.....Seems smart and inovative team has great record, whats the problem lol

BigBlueCrew
04-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Spoelstra adds nothing to team. Right now the Heat get by on the talent of the Big 3, which is cool for the regular season. I think point 3 was the best point by the OP. Outside of the big 3 who has become better under spoesltra, no-one.

Longhornfan1234
04-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Spo needs to start Miller over Wade. LeBron and Bosh are 10x better when Wade is not on the floor. Wade needs to come off the bench and run the second team offense.

thekmp211
04-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Spoelstra adds nothing to team. Right now the Heat get by on the talent of the Big 3, which is cool for the regular season. I think point 3 was the best point by the OP. Outside of the big 3 who has become better under spoesltra, no-one.

i'd tend to agree with this. doc got allen, pierce and garnett to run a pretty strict system despite their star power.