PDA

View Full Version : How bright of a future for the Hornets?

Theschrems101
04-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Can the Hornets make the playoffs in the next 2 seasons? They will own a top 3 pick this year along with a top 12. Eric gordon after an injury season wont command that much so the hornets will be able to match any offer. Also with alot of cap room and a new owner wanting to make a splash they can over pay one of those borderline stars (ala Joe Johnson type) to make them more attractive. What do you all think?

Cal827
04-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Can the Hornets make the playoffs in the next 2 seasons? They will own a top 3 pick this year along with a top 2. Eric gordon after an injury season wont command that much so the hornets will be able to match any offer. Also with alot of cap room and a new owner wanting to make a splash they can over pay one of those borderline stars (ala Joe Johnson type) to make them more attractive. What do you all think?

Fixed... and they have a bright future once Basketball reasons kick in :D

Even if it isn't rigged, yeh things definitely look good for them.

smith&wesson
04-15-2012, 02:38 PM
they are in a good position to rebuild ... but take it from me a rebuilding process takes more then a season or two. the west is very deep.

hope for no band aid solutions, and hope that your managment builds through the draft.

good news is you have two picks, and a young eric gordon to start the transition. im sure you can trade kaman for a younger piece as well.

the hornets are in a good position to start a new era, but the fan base will have to be patient.

dee279
04-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Kaman will be a FA next season i believe so The chances of trading him his gone.

dee279
04-15-2012, 02:51 PM
I do think they will b good if they can get Anthony Davis and another good rookie with their 2 picks. Not playoff good just yet tho.

smith&wesson
04-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Kaman will be a FA next season i believe so The chances of trading him his gone.

Then it creates cap space for the hornets. even better.

BallIsAll
04-15-2012, 03:51 PM
hornets have a great future

Forever35
04-15-2012, 03:52 PM
With 2 lottery picks + this draft class being considered pretty talented, the Hornets (or whatever their called) have at least a good foundation... Davis, Gilchrist or Robinson could be solid start... Their 2 picks should step in to immediate starter roles...

The Flash
04-15-2012, 04:07 PM
very bright. in fact i have to wear my shades when i see their future

topdog
04-15-2012, 04:17 PM
It all depends upon how they put it together. They will have 2 lottery selections and Eric Gordon's impending RFA. I don't think the injury will make him any cheaper - this is a league with few true SGs. They need to make sure they match or else getting a good S&T package for him.

No one currently on the roster really excites me so it is a matter of where and who they pick. No matter what, this re-build isn't going to be over in 2 seasons.

netsgiantsyanks
04-15-2012, 04:20 PM
whatever they do, don't do it the nets way where they bend over and get ****ed over in return for a very talented, but arrogant player who will probably leave when his contract is up.

llemon
04-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Can the Hornets make the playoffs in the next 2 seasons? They will own a top 3 pick this year along with a top 2. Eric gordon after an injury season wont command that much so the hornets will be able to match any offer. Also with alot of cap room and a new owner wanting to make a splash they can over pay one of those borderline stars (ala Joe Johnson type) to make them more attractive. What do you all think?

Hornets have their own 1st rd pick and TWolves 1st rd pick, both of which will count towards their capspace, as will whatever they decide to pay Gordon, and Bellinelli and Landry, should they decide to keep them.

Don't think there will be a enough capspace to make a major move.

But I wish them luck, as their fans have suffered enough