PDA

View Full Version : 2011-2012 Official MVP Discussion Thread 3

Pages : [1] 2

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Im just including Lebron and Durant, if enough people ***** about it, a mod can add others

Cal827
04-15-2012, 12:39 PM
:laugh: JB is NOT Pleased.

Still Lebron by a pretty far margin for me.

FraziersKnicks
04-15-2012, 12:42 PM
You should've made it so you can see who people have voted for.. Anyway, still LeBron.

MTL_123
04-15-2012, 12:45 PM
^^well i now JB gonna vote for durant lol

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 12:45 PM
You should've made it so you can see who people have voted for.. Anyway, still LeBron.

Yea, i meant to...i sent a mod a message asking to change it

ghettosean
04-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Durant is clearly the MVP to me at this point he's still #1 in the West (just as tough as the east if not tougher) and he's still playing great as well as being a leader and getting his teammates heads into the game.

1. Miami had a few streches late this year were you can see no one on the team had there head in the game and just didn't care what happened on the court.

2. Lebron and the heat have a bad record against top teams in there conference (or teams that just matter and they should destroy)

i. Bos 2 - Miami 1 (It was clear that Bostons players were out of shape to start the season because of the lockout... Pretty much 3-0 in my opinion with this regular season match up)

ii. Chicago 2 - Miami 1 (Miami clearly won the 1st game... No excuses of funny business though Lebron "and Rose" missed critical free throws in the end. No one really question Roses clutchness in the past but LBJ we all know he is thoroughly question on this subject. One of the games they lost to the Bulls they didn't have Derrick Rose and LBJ got cut up by the backup PG. That embarrassing enough!

LBJ also missed another clutch shot to take a strangle hold on the game with less than 20 seconds left and also misses a critical free throw on top of this a few seconds later when the game was on the table for the taking and well I think we all know what happened)

iii. Magic 2 - Miami 2 (even with all the drama around D12, him being traded or not and the love and hate for Van Gundy and on top of all that he has a salary inflated crappy team but they still manage to squeeze 2 wins over the heatles)

I mentioned at least 2 games against the bulls that were on the table for the taking for LBJ and the heat and he failed.

They lost to Boston 2 times in a week a team that they should take more seriously since they may be facing them in the 1st round.

Tied 2 - 2 with a team riddled with problems in Orlando.

I quoted this from the earlier thread to show that LBJ and the heat just haven't got it done in the east. If you are having the least amount of pressure as the #1 option that you have ever had in your entire career due to playing with another player who is pretty much as good as you in D-Wade and another franchise player in Bosh then your stats should be better no doubt.

The fact that this team is still a #2 seed and should be #1 with the quote above showing eastern conference match ups and results will I think it makes it even more clear that Durant is MVP but well let the poll do the talking. The last quarter of this season has not been good for Lebron or the heat and shows that there should be a little panic (just a little) in their mentality going into the playoffs.

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Nice game by lebron today, great defense in the 4th shutting down melo

beliges
04-15-2012, 04:13 PM
The Heat have not had a great season in coorelation to the talent level they have. While Lebron might be the best individual player in the league, thats not how the MVP is decided. Durant has been the best player on the best team in the league this year. He has led his team to a much better position and a better record than Lebron has led the Heat. With the talent the Heat have, Lebron really has no shot at the MVP unless he has his team as the #1 seed outright. Thats just not gonna happen this year. Durant is the MVP this year while Lebron is probably the best individual player. Please lets not get the two mixed up.

On the Cavs, with far lesser talent, Lebron led his team to the #1 seed and won the MVP twice. This year, with the most talent in the league, the Heat are the 3rd seed. Durant seems like the clear MVP at this point in the late season.

k.smith904
04-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Barring some miraculous end to the regular season for Durant, its Lebron.

Dude has played his *** off this year.

beliges
04-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Barring some miraculous end to the regular season for Durant, its Lebron.

Dude has played his *** off this year.

Yea, but Durant has been the better scorer, the better clutch player and has been the better leader this season, leading his team to a better record and the #1 seed in the conference. Again, do not get the best player mixed up with the MVP. They are not the same thing.

bucketss
04-15-2012, 04:29 PM
The Heat have not had a great season in coorelation to the talent level they have. While Lebron might be the best individual player in the league, thats not how the MVP is decided. Durant has been the best player on the best team in the league this year. He has led his team to a much better position and a better record than Lebron has led the Heat. With the talent the Heat have, Lebron really has no shot at the MVP unless he has his team as the #1 seed outright. Thats just not gonna happen this year. Durant is the MVP this year while Lebron is probably the best individual player. Please lets not get the two mixed up.

On the Cavs, with far lesser talent, Lebron led his team to the #1 seed and won the MVP twice. This year, with the most talent in the league, the Heat are the 3rd seed. Durant seems like the clear MVP at this point in the late season.

lol everyone keeps saying that. do you know who votes for the mvp? the media and they are all saying currently lebron is the mvp so please tell me how he has NO SHOT?

and btw okc only leads miami by one game in the loss column they can very well catch up

k.smith904
04-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Yea, but Durant has been the better scorer, the better clutch player and has been the better leader this season, leading his team to a better record and the #1 seed in the conference. Again, do not get the best player mixed up with the MVP. They are not the same thing.

Durant averages like .8 more points a game, but like 4 less assists.

If you don't agree with me thats fine, but LBJ and Durant have been virtually identical in PPG all year.

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 04:39 PM

You would actually have a point if all the media(who are the ones voting) are still saying its lebron.

****, JVG said today LBJ was the prohibitive favorite.

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 05:26 PM
hyde
Forget the 29 pts and 10 rebs (and, ahem, 6 turnovers) LeBron had vs Knicks. What separates him as MVP winner came on the defensive end. With about 8 minutes left, he was put on Carmelo Anthony. To that point, Anthony had 39 pts. With James on him, Anthony shot 1-6 to the end and finished with 42 pts. The Knicks scored eight points the rest of the game. The Heat went from tied to a relatively easy win. Whether it's PG Derrick Rose or a scoring forward like Carmelo, LeBron is unique as a defender

KnicksSoxFan69
04-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Carmlelo and its not even cloze. Heat showed day wer average today and without Lin, they barely beat the Knicks. Overrated Durant is probably 3rd behind Melon and Tyson.

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Carmlelo and its not even cloze. Heat showed day wer average today and without Lin, they barely beat the Knicks. Overrated Durant is probably 3rd behind Melon and Tyson.

lol, are you trying to say melo should be the MVP? You dont get MVP when you play well for only one month out of the season. How about between January and march when he was shooting 40%?

KnicksSoxFan69
04-15-2012, 06:08 PM
shut up

godolphins
04-15-2012, 06:27 PM
lol, are you trying to say melo should be the MVP? You dont get MVP when you play well for only one month out of the season. How about between January and march when he was shooting 40%?

I think he was talking about player of the month.

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Oh, maybe. But he was just in the heat forum trolling so....

FraziersKnicks
04-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Please do not feed the obvious Knick trolls just attempting to give us more rational Knicks fans a bad name.

KnicksSoxFan69
04-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Please do not feed the obvious Knick trolls just attempting to give us more rational Knicks fans a bad name.

shut up imma reel Knicks fan. Youre a fony.

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 08:59 PM
shut up imma reel Knicks fan. Youre a fony.

you are obvious bro...

ManRam
04-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Well, it is a two man race, and if you think otherwise, you're wrong. That's just my opinion, and I will act like my opinion is fact here because I can!

I chose LeBron...but it's very close.

JB will come and say "well, the Heat were SUPPOSED to be the best team in the East" and so on...

I don't care about that. If anything, compare MIAMI'S record to OKC's...since those two teams have the two worthy candidates. OKC is up a game and half. If it remains that close, I'm giving it to the better player...and that's LeBron.

No one on the best team in the NBA deserves it. No one on the 3rd best team in the NBA deserves it (SA). So, we have the 2nd and 4th best teams... separated by a game and a half. So, give me the best player in the NBA and I'll never have a single regret about my vote...not now, not 100 years from now. There's no way you can be wrong about that in hindsight, ever.

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 09:40 PM
^well put

beasted86
04-15-2012, 10:22 PM

Butt Mellow wasn't that good when Lin had the bald. Melon iz a Chucky with low FG percents.

Raph12
04-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Give me either of those guys...

justinnum1
04-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Yea, i would be fine if durant won it. Both guys are very similar in stats, but lebrons defense pushes him over the top for me.

Cfrey
04-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Its LeBron and its pretty clear

DragonJaii
04-16-2012, 01:15 AM
Durant.

UPRock
04-16-2012, 01:34 AM
Is Durant really averaging more turnover per game than assists? WTF.

Cfrey
04-16-2012, 01:56 AM

and people are giving it to durant while lbj is having one of the great seasons the league has ever seen!! LOL

some people i tell ya.. the most flawed logic :facepalm:

tredigs
04-16-2012, 02:08 AM

Really not that uncommon for forwards. Him, Rudy Gay, Granger... players like that normally have near 1:1 assist/TO ratios. His passing's actually improved this year, but he's still too turnover prone.

And @CFrey, that's just flat not true anymore. He leveled off after the early surge and potentially historic numbers. Still a GREAT year, but other than seeing him more even more active defensively it's really not much different than what we've been seeing from him for the last half decade or so.

I doubt either of them are going to run away with the vote, and KD definitely has a case. But I'd lean Lebron.

Cfrey
04-16-2012, 03:20 AM
Even if you are going to argue that other forwards like gay and granger have an assist/TO like Durant then thats exactly my point.. LeBron is a forward too and he has a better assist/TO than Durant

Thats just one small reason to put LeBron clearly in the lead because everywhere else LeBron has been on par with durant or better.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 08:22 AM

Really? damn

tredigs
04-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Even if you are going to argue that other forwards like gay and granger have an assist/TO like Durant then thats exactly my point.. LeBron is a forward too and he has a better assist/TO than Durant

Thats just one small reason to put LeBron clearly in the lead because everywhere else LeBron has been on par with durant or better.

You responded like it was some just ridiculously wild scenario to have an assist/TO ratio like that from a forward. "WTF". I was just highlighting that it is not.

And, he does not do everything as good or better than KD. Durant's been the go to guy when the game is on the line for a final possession, and he's succeeded multiple times. This is Wade's role in Miami, and that's a big hit to Lebron as far as MVP voting goes.

SaimuKala
04-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Well it's pretty close.

Durant has made more clutch shots this year. He killed the heat in the 1st game and wasn't bad in the second game (except those 9 TO's). He's a better scorer than LeBron. + OKC is 44-16 and Miami is 42-17.

But on the other hand LeBron has an amazing PER. He is a candidate for DPOY. He's a better passer than KD. LeBron didn't show up in the first game against OKC but he was amazing in the 2nd game. + He has made some clutch plays this year.

It's tough but I'm going with LeBron.

JordansBulls
04-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Still Durant followed by CP3 now. Lebron got outplayed by Melo yesterday and went off on him for 42 points.

JordansBulls
04-16-2012, 10:50 AM
I quoted this from the earlier thread to show that LBJ and the heat just haven't got it done in the east. If you are having the least amount of pressure as the #1 option that you have ever had in your entire career due to playing with another player who is pretty much as good as you in D-Wade and another franchise player in Bosh then your stats should be better no doubt.

The fact that this team is still a #2 seed and should be #1 with the quote above showing eastern conference match ups and results will I think it makes it even more clear that Durant is MVP but well let the poll do the talking. The last quarter of this season has not been good for Lebron or the heat and shows that there should be a little panic (just a little) in their mentality going into the playoffs.

This is the answer here as well.

Avenged
04-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Still Durant followed by CP3 now. Lebron got outplayed by Melo yesterday and went off on him for 42 points.

Chris Paul??? They're 7th in the league, and they're not even top 3 in their own conference. I mean considering the hype they got since acquiring CP3, you can even say they've underachieved. Probably irrelevant but the Clippers haven't even clinched a playoff birth.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Let's look at LBJ's 2 MVP seasons prior to this season

08-09:

Cavs won 66/82 games = 80.4% Winning Percentage (1st Division, 1st Conference, 1st League)

28.4 PPG, 7.6 RPG, 7.2 APG, 1.7 SPG, 1.1 BPG

48.9% FG, 34.4% 3-PT, 78.0% FT

09-10:

Cavs won 61/82 games = 74.4% Winning Percentage (1st Division, 1st Conference, 1st League)

29.7 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 8.6 APG, 1.6 SPG, 1.0 BPG

50.3% FG, 33.3% 3-PT, 76.7% FT

11-12:

Heat have won 42/59 games = 71.2% Winning Percentage (1st Division, 2nd Conference, 4th League)

26.9 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 6.3 APG, 1.9 SPG, 0.8 BPG

52.8% FG, 35.5% 3-PT, 76.1% FT

With Wade and Bosh, yes, his scoring his down but his FG and 3PT percentages are up. However, team winning percentage is way down, and they have the 4th overall best record in the league.

To me, the league already set the standard of awarding LBJ the MVP in those 2 prior seasons. If team performance equals LEAGUE MVP, then IMO, LBJ and his Heatles of Bosh and Wade are not getting the job done and up to the standards of the 2008-2010 Cavs.

JordansBulls
04-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Chris Paul??? They're 7th in the league, and they're not even top 3 in their own conference. I mean considering the hype they got since acquiring CP3, you can even say they've underachieved. Probably irrelevant but the Clippers haven't even clinched a playoff birth.

Yeah but going from not making the playoffs to a 4th seed is a big jump. Not to mention Durant was 2nd in MVP voting in 2010 despite the Thunder only being the 8th seed.

Greet
04-16-2012, 11:15 AM

This is part of the problem. Why should team success have anything to do with who's MVP. CP3 has been outstanding this year.

Audubon
04-16-2012, 11:17 AM
I guess Lebron or Durrant are going to win it but both of these guys are throwing up good numbers (more so Lebron) and both of them have another star to play with and yet neither have the best record in the league. Kind of a meh year for MVP's this year.

Avenged
04-16-2012, 11:24 AM
This is part of the problem. Why should team success have anything to do with who's MVP. CP3 has been outstanding this year.

Yeah but so has Kevin Love. It's hard to go against his 26 points, 13 rebounds per game on a PER of 25.4. I mean you can argue he's putting up a better season w/out looking at team success.

Greet
04-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Yeah but so has Kevin Love. It's hard to go against his 26 points, 13 rebounds per game on a PER of 25.4. I mean you can argue he's putting up a better season w/out looking at team success.

Which is a very good argument. He should be considered, but he isn't on KD/LBJ level.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Which is a very good argument. He should be considered, but he isn't on KD/LBJ level.

I actually think he has a higher basketball IQ than both those guys. There is something to be said about being a UCLA prospect and being coached by Ben Howland.

ManRam
04-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Yeah but going from not making the playoffs to a 4th seed is a big jump. Not to mention Durant was 2nd in MVP voting in 2010 despite the Thunder only being the 8th seed.

But but but! EXPECTATIONS! That's all you got as to why LeBron shouldn't win, so why is CP3 and the Clippers not living up to expectations any different?

Oh, I know why...

JordansBulls
04-16-2012, 02:55 PM
But but but! EXPECTATIONS! That's all you got as to why LeBron shouldn't win, so why is CP3 and the Clippers not living up to expectations any different?

Oh, I know why...

What expectations for the Clippers?

No one had them winning the title or anything. And then they lost Billups. Heat have been healthy all season long

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 03:03 PM
from wilbons chat today, and im 99% sure he votes,

Yeah, my MVP order as of this minute is LeBron, Durant, Rondo, Parker...Dwight has cycled off...or at least below those four...

5ass
04-16-2012, 03:13 PM
from wilbons chat today, and im 99% sure he votes,
rondo and parker over howard and cp3?

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 03:19 PM
rondo and parker over howard and cp3?

Not sure it really matters after the first 2...

Cfrey
04-16-2012, 03:42 PM
lol CP3 even being considered is laughable

Cfrey
04-16-2012, 03:50 PM
DeFeo: LeBron. He's put together his finest statistical season of his career and he impacts the game in far more ways than Durant does. The comparison is much closer than I thought it would have been to start the season, but the reality is James is still the best player in the world and nothing has happened to change that.

Nowell: LeBron. Durant's been great, but LeBron has shown once again that he is the standard for consistent regular-season dominance in today's NBA. He's been head and shoulders above the competition.

Herbert: James. This is a bit unfair to Durant, who has improved his passing and ballhandling tremendously and is just about impossible to stop. But even if Durant is now a better scorer than James, he has not had the better season. James is having one of the best stastistical seasons ever and takes over games defensively in a way that Durant cannot.

Sunnergren: LeBron James. I'll paraphrase here what many have said before, and better: in this great debate you have religion in one corner and science in another. While Durant has the good will of the public at his back, LeBron has this at his: the fact that he's better than the young forward, or anyone else for that matter, by the reckoning of every statistical system we have for judging these things.

Wallace: LeBron James. A month ago, James was on pace to have the best player efficiency rating in the history of the league. He's dropped off a bit since then, but he's still having a greater impact on the game at both ends of the court than anyone in the league. Credit Durant for improving his overall playmaking and defense. He can rival James on the offensive end of the court, but this debate ends when you factor in what James has done on the other side by defending all five positions this season.

james>

5ass
04-16-2012, 04:21 PM
lol CP3 even being considered is laughable

how is it laughable when ur putting rondo and parker in ur top 4, but not the best PG in the NBA?

Cfrey
04-16-2012, 04:30 PM
how is it laughable when ur putting rondo and parker in ur top 4, but not the best PG in the NBA?

where did I put rondo or parker?

5ass
04-16-2012, 04:40 PM
where did I put rondo or parker?

im not saying u im talking about wilbon. Im not asking u to put cp3 in ur top 5, but for a sports analyst wilbon should make more sense than he does.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Rondo has been killing it lately, i can understand why he has rondo over cp3, but like i said, after bron and kd, not sure it really matters or how much thought he put into 3-5

basketfan4life
04-16-2012, 05:56 PM
LBJ is having a better season statistically than anyone else. With wade and bosh alongside him, and good role players in haslem,battier,chalmers and miller, how he doesn't get that number 1 seed easily is beyond me.

May be having a better per just means having a better per.

ManRam
04-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Rondo has been good lately...but he's having his worst season in a LONG time...

He's not in my top 10.

bucketss
04-16-2012, 06:47 PM
LBJ is having a better season statistically than anyone else. With wade and bosh alongside him, and good role players in haslem,battier,chalmers and miller, how he doesn't get that number 1 seed easily is beyond me.

May be having a better per just means having a better per.

i wouldnt call those players good, their lack of depth is one of their weaknesses thats why on most nights you only see the big 3 putting up big numbers.

theheatles
04-16-2012, 07:05 PM
all we know is that derrick rose isn't in the top 20

Chronz
04-16-2012, 07:45 PM
You know how Bron has cooled off and is no longer keeping up his historic pace, well if his stats didnt translate to victories as a few of you have said, why are the Heat collapsing then? Why are they so reliant on his production, meanwhile guys like Kobe, Rose, Wade can all be MIA and watch their teams win.

That said, this is Durant because Bron is held to a higher standard. Having better defense, better offense on a similar team isnt enough. He had to break MJ's standard to win so soon.

Chronz
04-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Wilbon is an idiot, like most media members hes allowing a recent surge to cloud his judgement of an entire seasons worth of games.

CP3 is infinitely more worthy than Rondo of getting MVP pub, if he doesnt finish in the top3 its a travesty.

JordansBulls
04-16-2012, 07:53 PM
You know how Bron has cooled off and is no longer keeping up his historic pace, well if his stats didnt translate to victories as a few of you have said, why are the Heat collapsing then? Why are they so reliant on his production, meanwhile guys like Kobe, Rose, Wade can all be MIA and watch their teams win.

That said, this is Durant because Bron is held to a higher standard. Having better defense, better offense on a similar team isnt enough. He had to break MJ's standard to win so soon.

Lebron won't win it because he has a proven winner on his team and also because he hasn't won a title yet and the only guys to win 3 MVP's before a title were guys who had the best stats and a 7 game lead over the next best team in the league in Wilt and Moses.

JordansBulls
04-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Reason for Durant as well

Higher PPG for season
Higher PPG on statement games
Better W/L record
#1 seed in West
Best player on the team (unlike heat where Wade is the best player on the team)
Media prefers KD than bron winning MVP.

bucketss
04-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Lebron won't win it because he has a proven winner on his team and also because he hasn't won a title yet and the only guys to win 3 MVP's before a title were guys who had the best stats and a 7 game lead over the next best team in the league in Wilt and Moses.

wanna bet?

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Reason for Durant as well

Higher PPG for season
Higher PPG on statement games
Better W/L record
#1 seed in West
Best player on the team (unlike heat where Wade is the best player on the team)
Media prefers KD than bron winning MVP.

Yet i still continue to see the media saying bron will win it, what are you going to do when bron wins?

ManRam
04-16-2012, 08:03 PM

Answer this for me: How does...

1. ...Having a "winner" on his team matter
2. ....Not winning a title matter (I guess you're not directly saying he won't win because he hasn't won a ring, but I'm not sure on the account of all the straws you've been reaching for lately)
3. ....Those past trends matter

All that matters is this regular season and how he's played. I don't care how voters voted 20+ years ago...that doesn't matter and won't prove anything. I don't care if he's finally playing with a great player, and I don't think most voters do either. And not winning a title? Well, if voters have that in their minds, they should be stripped of their votes. That shouldn't have any impact on a 2011-2012 MVP vote. It's completely irrelevant.

Do you think voters seriously say "wow, no one has ever won a their 3rd MVP before winning a ring except for Wilt and Moses, so since LeBron doesn't have the best stats (he does) or a 7 game lead, we can't vote for him"?

The answer: no.

JordansBulls
04-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Yet i still continue to see the media saying bron will win it, what are you going to do when bron wins?

Media not saying that, only 4-5 people are. There are between 120-123 votes for the award. He will get a good number of votes though kinda like CP3 got in 2008.

ManRam
04-16-2012, 08:10 PM
I guess my point is: I don't think trends like that really matter at all. The MVP voting is so fluid...and criteria like that isn't going to matter. That's in interesting factoid, but I don't think it's telling at all.

ManRam
04-16-2012, 08:12 PM
This Nets game proves LeBron doesn't deserve it. He isn't making his 4 teammates defend well (I expect him to defend for all 5 guys) nor is he making them play like they have talent and/or skill. Awful. How could he be losing this game!?

bucketss
04-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Media not saying that, only 4-5 people are. There are between 120-123 votes for the award. He will get a good number of votes though kinda like CP3 got in 2008.

bet me, if lebron loses it. you can change my avatar and signature for a week to whatever you want and i will stop defending lebron in any arguement untill he wins a championship.

if lebron wins it. change your avatar signature to a lebron pic lol and under write "best player in the world"

Cfrey
04-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Anybody like to change their opinion now??

ManRam
04-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Hard to say anyone can have their MVP moment against the Nets...but that was good. Carried his team...his team that was struggling (and none of that was his fault).

Cfrey
04-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Lol I'm not suggesting that he had his MVP moment against the Nets.... I'm just saying this performance is even more proof at who the real MVP is.

ManRam
04-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Lol I'm not suggesting that he had his MVP moment against the Nets.... I'm just saying this performance is even more proof at who the real MVP is.

I'm not saying you are...I was kinda thinking out loud. I feel like he almost did, and I'm just not sure. This will be fresh in the voters' minds when they vote...more fresh than the prior 60-some games.

It's just a funny thought. He really might have actually had his MVP moment in a few voters' eyes tonight.

tredigs
04-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Hard to say anyone can have their MVP moment against the Nets...but that was good. Carried his team...his team that was struggling (and none of that was his fault).

I was about to ask you if the game was on ESPN and what was so drastically impressive about his game that a tight victory of a Deron Williams-less Nets team even factors in anyones mind...

But OK, upon further review - with no D. Wade (that in itself should not a huge blow, but considering his backup was Terrel Harris - yeah) and Lebron closing out the game with 17 straight to take the lead for the first time with less than a minute to go in the 4th, yeah - that's impressive against anyone.

Looks like Bosh was very solid himself; This highlights just how horrible the Heat are outside of the big three. I'm not sure this squad comes out of the East.

I mean seriously, a team with Lebron and Bosh going off needed one of the best 4th quarters of any player this season in order to close out the Nets without their two best players? Yikes.

ManRam
04-16-2012, 10:42 PM
I was about to ask you if the game was on ESPN and what was so drastically impressive about his game that a tight victory of a Deron Williams-less Nets team...

But OK, upon further review - with no D. Wade (that in itself should not a huge blow, but considering his backup was Terrel Harris - yeah) and Lebron closing out the game with 17 straight to take the lead for the first time with less than a minute to go in the 4th, yeah - that's impressive against anyone.

Looks like Bosh was very solid himself; This highlights just how horrible the Heat are outside of the big three. I'm not sure this squad comes out of the East.

I mean seriously, a team with Lebron and Bosh going off needed one of the best 4th quarters of any player this season in order to close out the Nets without their two best players? Yikes.

The Heat after their big three are just so devoid of talent at times. It was not his fault they were losing....he had a great game up until he turned it into an amazing game.

The Nets were beating the Heat pretty comfortably all game. He just took it over. Attacked the rim, attacked the rim some more, and then attacked the rim a bit more. It was exactly what he needs to be doing in those situations.

It was impressive...even if it was against the Nets. If for no other reason than the fact they were trailing for 47 minutes and really looked dead.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 10:44 PM
michael wallace
For the record, my MVP order right now: 1) LeBron, 2) Durant, 3) CP3, 4) Rondo, 5) Dirk, 6)Kobe, 7)T-Parker, 8) Dwight, 9) J-Smith, 10) Love

i think he has a vote

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 10:51 PM
The Heat after their big three are just so devoid of talent at times. It was not his fault they were losing....he had a great game up until he turned it into an amazing game.

The Nets were beating the Heat pretty comfortably all game. He just took it over. Attacked the rim, attacked the rim some more, and then attacked the rim a bit more. It was exactly what he needs to be doing in those situations.

It was impressive...even if it was against the Nets. If for no other reason than the fact they were trailing for 47 minutes and really looked dead.

well put

ManRam
04-16-2012, 10:54 PM
michael wallace

i think he has a vote

I like some of that, I don't like a lot of it. I'd have Love higher than 10 (maybe the injury hurts him I guess), and Rondo at 5 is just something I can't get behind (I value advanced metrics too much) though, he's balled HARD lately. Seeing Smoove on there is interesting...

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Yea, mine right now looks like

bron
KD

Cp3
parker
Dirk
love
rondo
dwight
Kobe

ManRam
04-16-2012, 11:05 PM
I just thought up mine real quick.

I REALLY struggle with Rondo. I can't decide. Here's what I came up with a few minutes ago.

My MVP ballot: 1) LBJ 2) KD 3) CP3...gap... 4) Howard 5) Love 6) Kobe 7) Parker 8) Westbrook 9) Rondo 10) Bynum

Out: Wade/Rose (# of games)

Dirk is hard for me too...I had him at 8, and then I yanked him. IDK. It's tough for me after 1-3.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 11:08 PM

I REALLY struggle with Rondo. I can't decide. Here's what I came up with a few minutes ago.

My MVP ballot: 1) LBJ 2) KD 3) CP3...gap... 4) Howard 5) Love 6) Kobe 7) Parker 8) Westbrook 9) Rondo 10) Bynum

Dirk is hard for me too...I had him at 8, and then I yanked him. IDK. It's tough for me after 1-3.
That looks good, i forgot about westbrook he deserves to be there somewhere between 7-9

Avenged
04-16-2012, 11:13 PM

Now that we've seen what Bynum can do, where would you rank him overall?

ManRam
04-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Now that we've seen what Bynum can do, where would you rank him overall?

I don't know. I think he's shown he can be, and is, the second best center in the league. So that alone gets him pretty high. I wanna see more of it...not because I doubt it or anything, I just wanna see more of it.

He's not top 10 yet...but he could crack it soon if he can stay healthy longer...and has a great playoffs.

But with that size (I mean, he even looks huge compared to Dwight), it's hard to imagine him not dominating in the playoffs, so long as he's healthy.

ManRam
04-16-2012, 11:20 PM
I don't think an argument saying he's been more of an MVP than Kobe is too crazy either...though, I still think Kobe has the slight nod.

DR_1
04-16-2012, 11:24 PM
KD, but if I could pick who I really want I'd go with Love.

DR_1
04-16-2012, 11:27 PM
michael wallace

i think he has a vote

Can't believe this moron has a vote (not talking MVP, just in general).

Cfrey
04-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Well he has the right guy on top so thats all that matters right?

naps
04-16-2012, 11:37 PM

naps
04-16-2012, 11:39 PM
LeBron turned the voters toward him tonight.

Oh, nvm..he can't win another MVP because he didn't win a ring yet.

JordansBulls
04-16-2012, 11:52 PM
No D.Williams
No G.Wallace (who would have guarded LBJ)
No Lopez
No Farmar
No D.James

UPRock
04-16-2012, 11:53 PM
JB is such a troll, LMAO.

justinnum1
04-16-2012, 11:53 PM
If lebron wins it, JB will never hear the end of it

P-O-Z
04-17-2012, 12:21 AM
No D.Williams
No Lopez
No Farmar
No D.James

What about the fiba world championships?

ManRam
04-17-2012, 12:38 AM
No D.Williams
No Lopez
No Farmar
No D.James

Oh. Nice story.

No Wade
No Battier
No good players after Bosh
No defense played

Who cares? A win is a win, and 17 straight points to literally carry your team, a team that was playing really bad basketball, to a win is impressive...regardless of who it's against.

Was it his fault his teammates weren't defending and thus the team was behind.

I miss the old JB :sigh:

Cfrey
04-17-2012, 01:07 AM
so i remember the argument for durant was that his team was going to finish with the better record??

not looking so good as of right now

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 01:08 AM
so i remember the argument for durant was that his team was going to finish with the better record??

not looking so good as of right now

if miami and okc are tied record wise, lbj has to get the nod, in fact, imo, even if okc finishes 2 games better than miami, it should be lebron.

Raph12
04-17-2012, 01:53 AM
Yea, mine right now looks like

bron
KD

Cp3
parker
Dirk
love
rondo
dwight
Kobe

Remove Love, lower Dirk and Rondo, throw in KG and you're good to go...

stawka
04-17-2012, 02:24 AM
Does Durant get a free pass for doing nothing the whole second half of this game, or does the MVP-hate only apply to LeBron when he passes to open teammates on the last few possessions?

Cfrey
04-17-2012, 02:41 AM
Does Durant get a free pass for doing nothing the whole second half of this game, or does the MVP-hate only apply to LeBron when he passes to open teammates on the last few possessions?

Couldn't have said it better myself, friend.

naps
04-17-2012, 03:13 AM

Only to LeBron because he didn't win a FIBA championship. And LeBron was outscored by Terry so he shouldn't be MVP. You want more reasons? John Lucas lit up LeBron. And he already has 2 MVPs, he shouldn't be awarded another because he doesn't have a ring yet. Get out of here with LeBron. It's a toss up between Durant and Rose.

Hawkize31
04-17-2012, 03:31 AM
No D.Williams
No Lopez
No Farmar
No D.James

Lol. Soooooo mad.

Get over it, the MVP race is over.

stawka
04-17-2012, 04:30 AM
JB... Respond to my post please, you could make this discussion even more entertaining!!

thekmp211
04-17-2012, 08:06 AM
jesus christ. how do you guys come in here every day? i'd go nuts?

it's over.

theheatles
04-17-2012, 08:24 AM
JB must of attended game 5 of the ECF and JB is still upset that LeBron ripped his heart out of his chest, stared at it, then crushed it

bucketss
04-17-2012, 08:28 AM
bet me, if lebron loses it. you can change my avatar and signature for a week to whatever you want and i will stop defending lebron in any arguement untill he wins a championship.

if lebron wins it. change your avatar signature to a lebron pic lol and under write "best player in the world"

c'mon jb put your money where your mouth is if your so sure take the bet your silence only proves to me that even you know whats up and at this point just trolling because of your hate for lebron.

JordansBulls
04-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Lol. Soooooo mad.

Get over it, the MVP race is over.

It's been over. Miami won't get a 7 game lead like Moses Malone or Wilt Chamberlain had when they won there 3rd MVP. Thus Durant will get it with CP3 probably 2nd.

bucketss
04-17-2012, 08:44 AM
It's been over. Miami won't get a 7 game lead like Moses Malone or Wilt Chamberlain had when they won there 3rd MVP. Thus Durant will get it with CP3 probably 2nd.

can you take the bet than?

JordansBulls
04-17-2012, 08:49 AM
can you take the bet than?

I don't bet people who just became fans of a team when there team became a good team. I only would do so against legit fans who have been around here for a while that were fans before there team was good and when they still had a star on there team in Wade.

bucketss
04-17-2012, 09:00 AM
I don't bet people who just became fans of a team when there team became a good team. I only would do so against legit fans who have been around here for a while that were fans before there team was good and when they still had a star on there team in Wade.

im not heat fan lol, so take the bet

JordansBulls
04-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Only to LeBron because he didn't win a FIBA championship. And LeBron was outscored by Terry so he shouldn't be MVP. You want more reasons? John Lucas lit up LeBron. And he already has 2 MVPs, he shouldn't be awarded another because he doesn't have a ring yet. Get out of here with LeBron. It's a toss up between Durant and Rose.

Almost a perfect post but I wouldn't say Rose I'd say CP3 as the other option since the Clippers didn't make the playoffs last year.

bucketss
04-17-2012, 09:20 AM
scared.

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 10:00 AM

:clap:

1-4 shooting for durant in the 4th in a winnable game

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 10:04 AM
scared.

Absolutely

ghettosean
04-17-2012, 10:31 AM
c'mon jb put your money where your mouth is if your so sure take the bet your silence only proves to me that even you know whats up and at this point just trolling because of your hate for lebron.
:laugh2:

Is this what this is coming to now... LOL.

I didn't watch the game last night but Lebron was clutch I'll give him that but it was against NJ so I'm not super impressed right now but either way he stole the game for his team regardless if it was against one of the worst teams in the league or not.

Still a toss up I can't wait to see who wins this but looks like PSD is saying Lebron.

stawka
04-17-2012, 10:31 AM
I want to know his whole second half. Can you show me what he did in the second half? Then print it out and role up the paper so JB can smoke it

stawka
04-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Never mind. He scored 5 points on 1-8 shooting in the second half. JB... Please answer me now

Are you gonna let that one slide in the MVP-hate-debate thread? Does KD get a pass from you because he isn't LeBron? Speak up on it please

beasted86
04-17-2012, 10:38 AM
If lebron wins it, JB will never hear the end of it

This.

beasted86
04-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Never mind. He scored 5 points on 1-8 shooting in the second half. JB... Please answer me now

Are you gonna let that one slide in the MVP-hate-debate thread? Does KD get a pass from you because he isn't LeBron? Speak up on it please
He won't answer.

ghettosean
04-17-2012, 12:10 PM

Come on though guys why is everyone talking like LBJ is god right now... He beat NJ --> one of the worst teams in the league and on top of that they were missing there superstar (they only have one... LOL).

I'm really not as anamoured with last nights performance as everyone else... He still has time to wow me in a game that matters.

They play the Bulls again on the 19th and Boston on the 24th... I'll see if he can wow me then but Lebron cutting put the likes of Kris Humphries and company well :yawn:

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Come on though guys why is everyone talking like LBJ is god right now... He beat NJ --> one of the worst teams in the league and on top of that they were missnig there superstar (they only have one... LOL).

I'm really not as anamoured with last nights performance as everyone else... He still has time to wow me in a game that matters.

They play the Bulls again on the 19th and Boston on the 24th... I'll see if he can wow me then but Lebron cutting put the likes of Kris Humphries and company well :yawn:

huh? we are just trying to understand why JB gives KD a pass for not showing up in the second half last night, but he discredits what lebron did(which wasn't exactly impressive considering who they were playing) but 17pts in a row is 17pts in a game the heat played like **** in(4th game in 5 nights)

ghettosean
04-17-2012, 12:16 PM
huh? we are just trying to understand why JB gives KD a pass for not showing up in the second half last night, but he discredits what lebron did(which was exactly impressive considering who they were playing) but 17pts in a row is 17pts in a game the heat played like **** in(4th game in 5 nights)
Ok fair enough I'll keep my nose out of it :laugh2:

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Ok fair enough I'll keep my nose out of it :laugh2:

lol, if the roles were switched and kd scored 17 str8 agasint that nets team and bron went 1-8 in the 2nd half in a losing effort JB would be the first to bring it up is what im trying to say lol

I doubt he would be discrediting KD's performance if he had 17str8 vs the nets

ghettosean
04-17-2012, 12:20 PM
huh? we are just trying to understand why JB gives KD a pass for not showing up in the second half last night, but he discredits what lebron did(which wasn't exactly impressive considering who they were playing) but 17pts in a row is 17pts in a game the heat played like **** in(4th game in 5 nights)
I'll say one thing though...

god help you all if LBJ does not win MVP cause if he doesn't well JB will be like the big man in this video and I'll be Chris Tucker...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq0FlRVClNw

THE GIPPER
04-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Lol the tag is hilarious.

But seriously its LBJ. Offensively you can make an argument that Durant is as good as LBJ (a weak argument) but defensively Lebron is on a whole notha level.

CHANGO
04-17-2012, 12:29 PM
:laugh: @ the tags... :laugh2:

That's wrong tho...

CHANGO
04-17-2012, 12:32 PM
BTW Tim Legler said that Bron Bron is and should be the MVP.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7823265

BIG worm
04-17-2012, 12:32 PM
gotta go with lebron, he dominates on both sides of the ball. cant say the same about kd

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 12:53 PM
:laugh: @ the tags... :laugh2:

That's wrong tho...

:)

JordansBulls
04-17-2012, 01:07 PM

That technical foul affected his play. He isn't the type of player that can play well when upset. But at least it was against a good team on the road against another MVP candidate. Lebron was playing against the Nets while he himself had another allstar on his team in the game while the Nets top 4 players were out. Miami was missing it's best player as well, but still they still have 2 allstars on the team.

ManRam
04-17-2012, 01:08 PM
That technical foul affected his play. He isn't the type of player that can play well when upset. But at least it was against a good team on the road against another MVP candidate. Lebron was playing against the Nets while he himself had another allstar on his team in the game while the Nets top 4 players were out. Miami was missing it's best player as well, but still they still have 2 allstars on the team.

So nothing anyone does matters unless they are playing a better team than them?

mjm07
04-17-2012, 01:17 PM

Swinging at air. :facepalm:

beasted86
04-17-2012, 01:20 PM
So nothing anyone does matters unless they are playing a better team than them?

You guys are still trying to reason with and figure out the screwy agenda based logic that JB posts with?

He can't answer yes because LeBron's stats against playoff teams are better. The respective team records are near identical vs. playoff teams (22-13 vs 22-12)

JB's logic is based on whatever suits the anti-LeBron argument.

Cfrey
04-17-2012, 01:21 PM
lol I have absolutely no respect for JB anymore.. pathetic

beasted86
04-17-2012, 01:23 PM
To be honest I don't even care whether LeBron wins the MVP or not, and have no problem with people picking Kevin Durant over him. I'd just like some consistent solid logic and discussion when coming to that analysis.

Cfrey
04-17-2012, 01:33 PM

WOW just read this and I am convinced you are a huge troll.

It's okay I do it to sometimes.

Yanks All Day
04-17-2012, 01:53 PM

LeBron clearly played last night. There is no debate who is better between LBJ and DWade. Not even close.

As for the MVP, LBJ has better stats, plays much better defense, and his team is only 1 win behind OKC record-wise. As it has been for much of the season, it's LeBron James' award to lose.

CHANGO
04-17-2012, 02:02 PM
"That technical foul affected his play. He isn't the type of player that can play well when upset." - JB

LMAO

Classic!

beasted86
04-17-2012, 02:04 PM
"That technical foul affected his play. He isn't the type of player that can play well when upset." - JB

LMAO

Classic!

:laugh:

Baller1
04-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Lebron will win it. KD has been relatively inconsistent to close out the season.

JordansBulls
04-17-2012, 02:10 PM

Who are you? You just became a fan all of a sudden once Miami got a good team and then you pretend to have been a fan forever. You can easily tell who is a True Heat fan vs one who became a fan when the Heat got a good team. The true Heat fans will give Wade credit, the others are all about lebron and throw Wade under a bus as if he is garbage when he is the one who brought the franchise it's only title and is the only one who actually shows up on the highest stage.

JordansBulls
04-17-2012, 02:11 PM
LeBron clearly played last night. There is no debate who is better between LBJ and DWade. Not even close.

You are correct, the best player shows up consistently on the highest stage and performs well when you really need him to perform well, that is when Wade shines and Lebron buckles.

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 02:14 PM

LMAO

Classic!

:laugh2:

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Who are you? You just became a fan all of a sudden once Miami got a good team and then you pretend to have been a fan forever. You can easily tell who is a True Heat fan vs one who became a fan when the Heat got a good team. The true Heat fans will give Wade credit, the others are all about lebron and throw Wade under a bus as if he is garbage when he is the one who brought the franchise it's only title and is the only one who actually shows up on the highest stage.

Wade is my favorite player, but even i have to acknowledge that bron is better than him. Basketball is more than what happens in the last minutes of a game, i expect you to know that JB. Your obvious hate for lebron is clouding your judgement to the point where your arguments are laughable. Saying a technical foul is the reason KD went 1-8 in teh 2nd half when his team needed him? C'mon bro:facepalm:

ManRam
04-17-2012, 02:29 PM

Nice!

Clearly if you think lebron is the mvp you're just an idiot and/or fake fan. The "real" heat fans stay loyal to their guys...even if it means pretending like wade is the better player!

Awful...

JB man, this is so unlike you...questioning people's fanhood? Because they like lebron and think he is better than wade (like 95% of the world does...are we just idiots then)?

All I see is anger from you...anger clouding judgement. Is this MJ/Lebron legacy-related? Be honest...

bucketss
04-17-2012, 02:29 PM

you're arguing out of angER! i see it now lol i was wondering why your so illogical.

bucketss
04-17-2012, 02:37 PM
i wouldnt be suprised if it went to durant lol the problem is jb is saying there is no way lebron wins to the point where cp3 is ahead of him now the reason i brought up the bet is to see if he was trolling or serious. I think everyone knows it will go to either one of those guys

Cfrey
04-17-2012, 02:37 PM

LOL please dude please...

Im a TIMBERWOLVES fan LOL...

Im not a Heat fan.. Im a LeBron fan.. Im not backing the Heat.. Im supporting the best player in the world and the MVP this season.. I don't need to be a fan of the Heat for me to develop of a ****ing opinion on who the MVP is so get over yourself.

bucketss
04-17-2012, 02:38 PM

Im not a Heat fan.. Im a LeBron fan.. Im not backing the Heat.. Im supporting the best player in the world and the MVP this season.. I don't need to be a fan of the Heat for me to develop of a ****ing opinion on who the MVP is so get over yourself.

i love how he just assumes anyone who is defending lebron is a heat fan.

ManRam
04-17-2012, 02:41 PM

JB hate-induced fail!

Not only was he wrong in labeling you...but even if he was right about you being a heat fan, that post is still so off base...

I'm a lebron-defender too. I'm no fan, I just get so annoyed by how he's treated. Double standards galore...and JB is illustrating that wonderfully

beasted86
04-17-2012, 02:45 PM

I can backup this statement. He is a LeBron fan and admitted non-HEAT fan long ago.

He has done some baiting in the HEAT forum with his LeBron mancrush already.

JordansBulls
04-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Nice!

Clearly if you think lebron is the mvp you're just an idiot and/or fake fan. The "real" heat fans stay loyal to their guys...even if it means pretending like wade is the better player!

Awful...

JB man, this is so unlike you...questioning people's fanhood? Because they like lebron and think he is better than wade (like 95% of the world does...are we just idiots then)?

All I see is anger from you...anger clouding judgement. Is this MJ/Lebron legacy-related? Be honest...

I am talking about the people who all of a sudden say they are Heat fans.

Yes I know people become fans at different times and you gotta start sometime, however you have many here who are all of a sudden are Heat fans when the team is a championship favorite and who never were here prior to that. Most times people become fans when a team has a star player which is fine, but what about the Heat? They have always had Wade, so why all of a sudden you have all of these posters who say they are Heat fans when the team has a great team but before even with a top 3 player in the league you never saw or heard from many of them?

There was a guy here who was here in 2005 when the Heat were good and posted in 2005 and 2006 and then you hadn't heard anything from him since 2006 until the summer of 2010.

A real fan is a fan of the team when good or bad, not when they just got a good team.

That was the point I was making.

JordansBulls
04-17-2012, 02:47 PM
you're arguing out of angER! i see it now lol i was wondering why your so illogical.

I don't get angry dude. It may seem that way, but I'm far from a guy who gets angry especially about sports.:)

ManRam
04-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Nice!

Awful...

I am talking about the people who all of a sudden say they are Heat fans.

Yes I know people become fans at different times and you gotta start sometime, however you have many here who are all of a sudden are Heat fans when the team is a championship favorite and who never were here prior to that. Most times people become fans when a team has a star player which is fine, but what about the Heat? They have always had Wade, so why all of a sudden you have all of these posters who say they are Heat fans when the team has a great team but before even with a top 3 player in the league you never saw or heard from many of them?

There was a guy here who was here in 2005 when the Heat were good and posted in 2005 and 2006 and then you hadn't heard anything from him since 2006 until the summer of 2010.

A real fan is a fan of the team when good or bad, not when they just got a good team.

That was the point I was making.

It sounded like:

Pro-LeBron = fake heat fan
Pro-Wade = "real" Heat fan

And that's so stupid. Most of the world thinks lebron is better than wade...why can't "rea" heat fans? They arent allowed to be objective?

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 03:07 PM
It sounded like:

Pro-LeBron = fake heat fan
Pro-Wade = "real" Heat fan

And that's so stupid. Most of the world thinks lebron is better than wade...why can't "rea" heat fans? They arent allowed to be objective?

I am a real heat fan. Lebron is better than wade. Period. If you think otherwise, your either just hating or full of ****.

When you are cursing yakuba diawara for banking in a 3 and screwing your playoff chances, you are a real heat fan.

When you watch Wade's rookie season, you are a real heat fan.

If anything, i can be called a wade homer. But hearing people try and discredit lebron for the dumbest of reasons crosses the line to me.

JB doesnt care who wins MVP as long as it isn't lebron and that says it all.

beasted86
04-17-2012, 03:09 PM
I am a real heat fan. Lebron is better than wade. Period. If you think otherwise, your either just hating or full of ****.

When you are cursing yakuba diawara for banking in a 3 and screwing your playoff chances, you are a real heat fan.

If anything, i can be called a wade homer. But hearing people try and discredit lebron for the dumbest of reasons crosses the line to me.

Couldn't have said it better.

Last year we could have a discussion who was better between Wade & LeBron. This year, there isn't a discussion to have.

thekmp211
04-17-2012, 03:54 PM
it seems like there is only one thing we can agree on --

kyrie irving is a ****ing beast. holy ****! look at these crunch-time numbers:

Taking over in crunch time
Largest increase in usage rate in clutch situations compared to overall usage rate (minimum 50 minutes of clutch play).

Player FG% ClutchFG% USG% ClutchUSG% Diff%
Kyrie Irving .468 .544 (31-57) 27.9 47.2 +19.3
Carmelo Anthony .425 .365 (31-85) 31.2 47.2 +16.0
Chris Paul .484 .449 (40-89) 23.7 35.5 +11.8
Jarrett Jack .456 .431 (22-51) 23.0 34.7 +11.6
Kevin Durant .503 .406 (43-106) 30.5 41.5 +10.9
Kyle Lowry .417 .357 (15-42) 21.7 31.4 +9.7
John Wall .422 .211 (8-38) 24.6 33.8 +9.1
Monta Ellis .434 .452 (28-62) 28.5 36.7 +8.2
Derrick Rose .436 .292 (14-48) 30.5 38.5 +8.1
D.J. Augustin .376 .393 (11-28) 20.5 27.3 +6.8

via ESPN insider. who cares about this years MVP race; when is this cat gonna win his first? can't believe he has exceeded expectations. stud.

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 03:57 PM
wow, i didnt think rose was that low in the clutch

Meaze_Gibson
04-17-2012, 03:58 PM

Wade smashing on J. Oneal in 04 made me run outsid and yell. I swear we would have got 2 chips had he not got injured vs pistons. So many memories lol..

But yeah. During course of regular season, Bron is the most consistent and efficient player we have. One thing Ive learned though is just because you are more efficient it does not mean you are a better player. I still can't say fully that he is the best player on the team. The MVP absolutely. But the best player? The one who I trust in winning the most imprtant games during the season? I can't trust it just yet. I do think he is MVP though

ManRam
04-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Wade smashing on J. Oneal in 04 made me run outsid and yell. I swear we would have got 2 chips had he not got injured vs pistons. So many memories lol..

But yeah. During course of regular season, Bron is the most consistent and efficient player we have. One thing Ive learned though is just because you are more efficient it does not mean you are a better player. I still can't say fully that he is the best player on the team. The MVP absolutely. But the best player? The one who I trust in winning the most imprtant games during the season? I can't trust it just yet. I do think he is MVP though

I think the ultimate point is that your opinion on who you think is better doesn't make you an more or less of a fan...at all.

I'm not as big of a Dwight fan as most Magic fans are...and I criticize him very frequently, and have done so for years. Doesn't make me a "true" or a "fake" fan...I just have an opinion.

Just like when people run out of arguments against certain players and resort to laughable arguments...when people run out of things Heat-related, they just bash the fans. That's just showing defeat...

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 04:09 PM
I think the ultimate point is that your opinion on who you think is better doesn't make you an more or less of a fan...at all.

I'm not as big of a Dwight fan as most Magic fans are...and I criticize him very frequently, and have done so for years. Doesn't make me a "true" or a "fake" fan...I just have an opinion.

Just like when people run out of arguments against certain players and resort to laughable arguments...when people run out of things Heat-related, they just bash the fans. That's just showing defeat...

Well said.

Also, magic johnson
The way @KingJames finished the 4th w/ 17 straight pts for the @MiamiHEAT last night, he is my MVP.

Blitzbolt
04-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Magic flip flops all the time especially after sunday games.

Durant wins on ABC-He is my MVP
Kobe wins-My MVP
ect ect ect..

Cfrey
04-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Magic is a pretty bad analyst lol but either way he is right on this one

#lbj

Super.
04-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Just a question for everyone, but where would you guys rank Rondo in the MVP race, if at all?

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Just a question for everyone, but where would you guys rank Rondo in the MVP race, if at all?

somewhere between 7-10. He only really started playing great the past 6 weeks.

ManRam
04-17-2012, 05:20 PM

Here's what I said

Out: Dirk and Wade/Rose (# of games)

I really struggle with Rondo, as I said yesterday. Statistically he's having a poorer season than normal, and his advanced stats are generally awful (mainly because of his AWFUL scoring efficiency). But lately he's been doing a lot for his team. I've seen him as high as 5, and I can understand that...I just can't get behind that. He wasn't really too great all year long. He had a few of those amazing games, but as a whole, he just hasn't been as valuable as he normally is, nor has he been, at least statistically, as valuable as a good 20-30 players in the NBA.

I put him at 9, but I really don't have any idea.

Super.
04-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Ah. Thanks guys. We've been struggling in the Celtics forum to due with the blind homerism of Hustleconomics and his incessant Rondo iz teh bestest player evar

justinnum1
04-17-2012, 05:45 PM
If you disregard everything before the all star break he would probably be 4 or 5 on a list, but taking into account the whole season, he is somewhere between 8-10

ManRam
04-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Ah. Thanks guys. We've been struggling in the Celtics forum to due with the blind homerism of Hustleconomics and his incessant Rondo iz teh bestest player evar

It seems Rondo is polarizing, not just among non-Celtic fans, but even among them. I know Bags hates the guy, and will never give him any credit. I don't think Rondo is God, nor do I think he's Satan. It's hard with him, because he's SOOOOOO great at some things, and SOOOOO awful at a few things. That's unlike most any star player in the NBA.

Super.
04-17-2012, 06:00 PM
It seems Rondo is polarizing, not just among non-Celtic fans, but even among them. I know Bags hates the guy, and will never give him any credit. I don't think Rondo is God, nor do I think he's Satan. It's hard with him, because he's SOOOOOO great at some things, and SOOOOO awful at a few things. That's unlike most any star player in the NBA.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Rondo (most of the time anyways) But I know he has massive flaws, and I'm not blind to the homerism. He's good, freakishly good at certain aspects, but god can be a ****ing baby, and inconsistent.

FraziersKnicks
04-17-2012, 06:22 PM
I'd put Rondo around the same as everyone else has said, in the 8-10 range. His stretch of games he's put together since the All-Star break has been phenomenal.

stawka
04-17-2012, 08:23 PM

LMAO

Classic!

BAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA!! Someone sig that **** please. I want to see it every day but I'm on my iPhone and it's too much effort on this thing

That reminds me of a 5 year old in school "yeah but he tookded my food first"

Chronz
04-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Rondo getting ANY love for MVP is a ****ing disgrace

thekmp211
04-18-2012, 08:45 AM
i'd put rondo in the 5-8 category, meaning he is a nominal contender only but definitely deserves to be in the discussion with some other names besides the clear top 3 imo.

mjm07
04-18-2012, 12:15 PM
"LeBron averages 27.1 points, 7.9 rebounds, 6.3 assists, and 1.9 steals while shooting 52.9 percent from the floor.

The only player ever to match that stat-line? A man named Michael Jordan. He did it once in 1988-89. "

But that didn't matter since the Bulls were a 6th seed and Magic won it that year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/13470/visualizing-lebrons-statistical-dominance

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 12:38 PM
espn
1. LeBron vs. the field: 2011-12 Most Valuable Player.

Israel Gutierrez, ESPN.com: When you consider complete body of work, it has always been LeBron. Not only did he have easily the best first half of the season, but he has excelled with Dwyane Wade out and has had impressive moments of late. Kevin Durant, meanwhile, has picked a bad time to be erratic.

Tom Haberstroh, Heat Index: LeBron. He might not have the most compelling narrative, but his individual dominance is simply too great this season. His lead in PER is the largest we've seen in over a decade. Kevin Durant has faded, the Heat are chasing the league's top record and hard feelings from the Decision have thawed. Another regular-season award is in store.

Beckley Mason, ESPN.com: I'll take LeBron because as far as I can tell, "the field" here just means Kevin Durant. If the Thunder don't win the top seed in the West, I think Durant's case takes a significant hit. Miami and OKC have nearly identical records and I don't think there's an individual statistical case for Durant. If LeBron turns in one more signature performance, that should lock it up.

Chris Palmer, ESPN The Magazine: For the last few weeks I've been going back and forth between LeBron and Kevin Durant for MVP. It's an impossibly tight race but the trophy will go to James. Durant's having a career year across the board but save for a brief cool spell in March, LeBron has been otherworldly. And if voters consider James' superior defense it's an easy decision.

David Thorpe, ESPN.com: LeBron. I can't account for the voters, so I'll make my own argument. LeBron has better partners (but not by much) in Wade and Bosh compared to Durant (Westbrook and Harden), but if Miami's Big Three played alongside the rest of the Thunder and Durant's trio was in Miami, OKC would have won 50-plus games this year. I don't think anyone is in LeBron's class.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-18-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm going to have to go with Durant, then Rose, then CP3, then Howard, then Kobe, then Rondo, then Wade, and then maybe LeBron has a shot.

#JordansBullssystem ;)

On a serious note, I think LeBron ends up getting the MVP.

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 12:46 PM
lol

im still skeptical they give it to bron, but i cant think of a more deserving player

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-18-2012, 12:51 PM
lol

im still skeptical they give it to bron, but i cant think of a more deserving player

Perhaps Iman Shumplin gets the nod this yr? :)

mjm07
04-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Perhaps Iman Shumplin gets the nod this yr? :)

Definitely a future multiple MVP candidate/winner. Idk about this year. He should have the DPOY wrapped though. ;)

tredigs
04-18-2012, 01:19 PM
I wanted to give it a few extra days before I mulled over my choice. It's almost certainly going to be Lebron (in both my mind and the voters).

Had Durant been the one to close out the game the other night by scoring the final 17 and lead OKC over the opposition (any opposition) with Westbrook out, and Lebron had been the one who took a dive in an important 2nd half versus a potential playoff matchup, then we would still have a serious discussion on our hands. Mostly for the reason that it would again highlight the prowess we've seen from KD to close out games and just how important that is to them. However when we look at the numbers, the best player with 5 minutes to go in close games on OKC is actually Westbrook, not KD. KD just has the edge with the 3 game winners for them (not to be undervalued).

Scoring production is similar, but the playmaking and defensive abilities of LBJ this season have been way too strong to overlook. If the tables were turned and KD had the impact that Bron does in both of these facets of the game than I would ABSOLUTELY say Durant is the MVP. So, although would like to see Durant get it, the clear choice is LBJ at this point.

Top 2 offensive player. Top ten playmaker. Top 5 defender. Top 2-4 team. MVP.

JordansBulls
04-18-2012, 01:28 PM
I wanted to give it a few extra days before I mulled over my choice. It's almost certainly going to be Lebron (in both my mind and the voters).

Had Durant been the one to close out the game the other night by scoring the final 17 and lead OKC over the opposition (any opposition) with Westbrook out, and Lebron had been the one who took a dive in an important 2nd half versus a potential playoff matchup, then we would still have a serious discussion on our hands.

It was the Nets a team who was missing 5 out of it's top 7 players. Not to mention had a guy named Gerald Green on it a guy who has been cut by many teams and can hardly ever make a roster and who knows absolutely nothing about defense. If it was against a playoff team with something at stake I can understand your comment, but not against a team like the Nets.
It's like having Westbrook out, but the Clippers not having CP3, Blake, Young, Deandre as well.

JordansBulls
04-18-2012, 01:32 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-chris-bosh-out-miami-heat-0418-12,0,3474569.story?track=rss

Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra has extended his "maintenance" program to forward Chris Bosh.

Bosh will join guard Dwyane Wade and center Ronny Turiaf (hamstring) as those who will not play Wednesday against the Toronto Raptors at AmericanAirlines Arena.

Spoelstra said Shane Battier (neck) and center Joel Anthony (ankle) will play.

The rest for Bosh, Wade and Turiaf comes at an ideal time with the Heat facing the Eastern Conference-leading Chicago Bulls on Thursday. Miami remains in the hunt for the top seed, trailing by 2 1/2 games. Chicago leads the season series 2-1.

According to Stephen A Smith, Pat Riley is sitting Wade and Bosh tonight vs Toronto purposely so they can push Lebron for MVP. Even Riley has no confidence in Lebron seeing as he needs to motivate him and keep his confidence up with a MVP award.

Why not sit them vs the Bulls instead? that would show if he really is the MVP or not.

Super.
04-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Rondo getting ANY love for MVP is a ****ing disgrace

Why is that? He's played amazing in the 2nd half of the season, and leads the leagues in APG. Great defensive player too, and to top it off leads the league in triple doubles.

There's not a chance he wins it, or that he's even top 5, but to say it's a disgrace is kind of silly

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 01:53 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-chris-bosh-out-miami-heat-0418-12,0,3474569.story?track=rss

According to Stephen A Smith, Pat Riley is sitting Wade and Bosh tonight vs Toronto purposely so they can push Lebron for MVP. Even Riley has no confidence in Lebron seeing as he needs to motivate him and keep his confidence up with a MVP award.

Why not sit them vs the Bulls instead? that would show if he really is the MVP or not.
:rolleyes: Im having a hard time finding any media member as of right now saying durant is the MVP.

Chronz
04-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Why is that? He's played amazing in the 2nd half of the season, and leads the leagues in APG. Great defensive player too, and to top it off leads the league in triple doubles.
Im sorry but why would I be impressed by a select few statistics and ignore the gaping disparity in his production vs his peers? Why are you rewarding Rondo extra credit for FINALLY showing up? Saying hes been amazing in the 2nd half of the season only means he wasnt up to par in the first half of the season. The MVP should be based on the ENTIRE REGULAR SEASON. There are lots of players who have been comparably dominant only they have shown up all year.

There's not a chance he wins it, or that he's even top 5, but to say it's a disgrace is kind of silly
I didnt just call it a disgrace, it would be a ****ing disgrace. A travesty on par with JKidd nearly stealing the award from Tim Duncan. If the NBA werent such a finicky world that lived in the moment Rondo wouldnt be getting any pub.

The reality is a guy like Nash has had a FAR better season than Rondo has, but because hes been doing it all year hes not going to get as much attention as the kid who finally decided to show up. Thats not an MVP candidate in my book, even in this slow season where few are really standing out.

tredigs
04-18-2012, 01:58 PM
It was the Nets a team who was missing 5 out of it's top 7 players. Not to mention had a guy named Gerald Green on it a guy who has been cut by many teams and can hardly ever make a roster and who knows absolutely nothing about defense. If it was against a playoff team with something at stake I can understand your comment, but not against a team like the Nets.
It's like having Westbrook out, but the Clippers not having CP3, Blake, Young, Deandre as well.

What don't you get? That team was beating Miami despite solid games from both Bosh and LBJ due to the rest of their team getting dominated. Had Bron not took over and put up an MVP performance to close while scoring the final 17 points they'd have lost. Period.

Nobody is saying that this win is the highlight of his year or anything, it's just that combined with KD's erratic play lately (and terrible 2nd half that promoted a loss after having the 1st half lead), it does serve as a nail in the coffin of sorts. LBJ was already trending towards being MVP well before this game (as noted by virtually all media outlets who do these rankings and ultiamtely have the actual votes for the prior week or two

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 02:10 PM
What don't you get? That team was beating Miami despite solid games from both Bosh and LBJ due to the rest of their team getting dominated. Had Bron not took over and put up an MVP performance to close while scoring the final 17 points they'd have lost. Period.

Nobody is saying that this win is the highlight of his year or anything, it's just that combined with KD's erratic play lately (and terrible 2nd half that promoted a loss after having the 1st half lead), it does serve as a nail in the coffin of sorts. LBJ was already trending towards being MVP well before this game (as noted by virtually all media outlets who do these rankings and ultiamtely have the actual votes for the prior week or two

JB fails to understand this point.

TheWhiteMamba
04-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Lebron is still my MVP but it's not because of that NJ game lol. Honestly Westbrook is taking Durant out the race leaving Lebron with no another challenger.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Why is that? He's played amazing in the 2nd half of the season

Your argument ends there. That is why Chronz was trying to make his point. MVP is for whole season, not just stretches.

tredigs
04-18-2012, 03:52 PM
43-17 for Lebron in here. That looks about right. I'd expect a similar vote next month when it counts.

Such an impressive season by both. Not an easy task to be that productive and that resiliant - Lebron only missed 1 game in the first week and Durant 0. That's dirty.

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 04:01 PM
^very impressive.

ethan sklonick(heat beat writer) sounds like he has a vote
It's LeBron, then Durant, then the field, in my view. I'm holding my vote for a few days, because I'm having trouble deciding on 3 thru 5.

Paul, Parker worthy. Kevin Love is the toughest call for top-5. Numbers are ridiculous. Trying to reconcile team's record. Nash interesting.

Voted Wade 5th last year & feel similarly about Westbrook this year. If Phoenix makes playoffs in West, though, that's amazing work by Nash.

naps
04-18-2012, 06:00 PM

LMAO

Classic!

Jesus...!!

More pathetic thing is people here are still quoting JB's posts, which basically drives his insane trolling. He knows it, we all know it. Just ignore his posts, stop feeding him, this thread will be a good place for some actual MVP discussion.

Chronz
04-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Good to see someone taking his MVP ballot seriously outside his top 2

ugafan
04-18-2012, 10:26 PM

You're ridiculous.

naps
04-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Well, LeBron can't be the MVP because he didn't win the olympic gold medal in 2004.

You can't give this years MVP to someone who was a outscored by a bench scrub Jason Terry.

And he played with the most dominant player of all time Shaq, best defensive player of all time Ben Wallace, all star center Big Z, one of the best PF in the game Antwn Jamison, and still couldn't win. I mean how could you not win playing with Shaq? So until the guy wins a championship, he shouldn't be awarded another MVP.

#MakeLogic

ManRam
04-18-2012, 11:10 PM

Refraining from questioning your intelligence...

But you can't be serious. Right?

justinnum1
04-18-2012, 11:15 PM
That one made me chuckle.

playanpimp32
04-19-2012, 01:46 AM
All I want to know is that, do you guys think that CP3 deserves to get MVP?

3rd highest PER I believe

took 3 out of 4 from Durants Thunder

clippers record last year 32 and 50,

record this year 39 and 23 so almost a 36 game turnaround

his stats this year

19.3 ppg .483 FG% 9.0 APG 3.5 RPG 0.05 BLK 2.46 STL

Chronz
04-19-2012, 01:54 AM
Its funny those stats have him as the 3rd best player and he deserves just that, 3rd highest ranking

meloman1592
04-19-2012, 01:57 AM
Cp3 is my pick for MVP...he won't win it but he's wayyyy overlooked.

BallIsAll
04-19-2012, 02:01 AM
He's a flopper. Tired of these floppers being called good

SpaceJamJordans
04-19-2012, 02:07 AM
He's a flopper. Tired of these floppers being called good

okay :rolleyes:

Raph12
04-19-2012, 02:09 AM
He's the clear-cut #3 for the MVP, anyone putting him any lower would be underrating him and putting him any higher would be overrating him...

celmxc
04-19-2012, 02:40 AM
actually tony parker is under rated he should be in mvp discussion ... cp3 is a mvp candidate but clippers are only 4th seed so he will not win

NYKnicks4511
04-19-2012, 02:55 AM
Yes I will tell Kevin to perform fellatio unto CP3.

thekmp211
04-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Im sorry but why would I be impressed by a select few statistics and ignore the gaping disparity in his production vs his peers? Why are you rewarding Rondo extra credit for FINALLY showing up? Saying hes been amazing in the 2nd half of the season only means he wasnt up to par in the first half of the season. The MVP should be based on the ENTIRE REGULAR SEASON. There are lots of players who have been comparably dominant only they have shown up all year.

I didnt just call it a disgrace, it would be a ****ing disgrace. A travesty on par with JKidd nearly stealing the award from Tim Duncan. If the NBA werent such a finicky world that lived in the moment Rondo wouldnt be getting any pub.

The reality is a guy like Nash has had a FAR better season than Rondo has, but because hes been doing it all year hes not going to get as much attention as the kid who finally decided to show up. Thats not an MVP candidate in my book, even in this slow season where few are really standing out.

welp idk if thats true, but they have been just about equal. i will agree that nash has become criminally underrated this year. those two and cp3 have been the best traditional point guards this year by a pretty fair margin.

i think that what you're seeing with rondo is giving him credit for what you're talking about. no one has him in the top 3, certainly not winning it. it's just a nod to how well he's been playing since the ASB. and fwiw he wasn't BAD to start the season, just inconsistent like the rest of the team.

i won't address the travesty comment b/c it doesn't matter; no one is voting rondo for mvp. but i think he deserves the buzz he's gotten, and the buzz is a nod but not a coronation. but he was fine before the asb, he's just been sensational since then.

MTL_123
04-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Still Lebron's MVP to lose. Wow in the past 4 years lebron won/going to win 3 MVP's 3/4 talk about efficient lol

kdspurman
04-19-2012, 11:19 AM
actually tony parker is under rated he should be in mvp discussion ... cp3 is a mvp candidate but clippers are only 4th seed so he will not win

Have to agree with you here. TP is vastly overlooked. Not discounting what CP3 is doing, but TP has done about the same with his team who is doing better than the Clips.

At the same time, it won't matter. It's a 2 man race anyway.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Well, LeBron can't be the MVP because he didn't win the olympic gold medal in 2004.

You can't give this years MVP to someone who was a outscored by a bench scrub Jason Terry.

And he played with the most dominant player of all time Shaq, best defensive player of all time Ben Wallace, all star center Big Z, one of the best PF in the game Antwn Jamison, and still couldn't win. I mean how could you not win playing with Shaq? So until the guy wins a championship, he shouldn't be awarded another MVP.

#MakeLogic

Oh, these LeBron-philes never seem to amaze me. :facepalm:

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Oh, these LeBron-philes never seem to amaze me. :facepalm:

:facepalm: He's making fun of the arguments JB was using to discredit lebron...

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-19-2012, 12:18 PM
:facepalm: He's making fun of the arguments JB was using to discredit lebron...

No no, you don't get it, when someone says something good about Kobe, he calls those fans Kobe-philes.

That's why with his oversarcastic post of trying to defend LeBron, I tried to call him a LeBron-phile.

Don't worry justinnum, I know what he was trying to do, I just find him the most annoying here on PSD all in all because of his utter lack of respect for Lakers fans and Kobe supporters and how he always looks for a reason to insult us.

LeBron is and will win the MVP, he's got my vote.

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 12:20 PM
No no, you don't get it, when someone says something good about Kobe, he calls those fans Kobe-philes.

That's why with his oversarcastic post of trying to defend LeBron, I tried to call him a LeBron-phile.

Don't worry justinnum, I know what he was trying to do, I just find him the most annoying here on PSD all in all because of his utter lack of respect for Lakers fans and Kobe supporters and how he always looks for a reason to insult us.

LeBron is and will win the MVP, he's got my vote.

:cheers:

Still not sure the voters will give it to lebron but i think he deserves it.

thekmp211
04-19-2012, 12:42 PM
:cheers:

Still not sure the voters will give it to lebron but i think he deserves it.

i think he's got it locked up barring a collapse of some sort. dudes focused. i just want the effing playoffs to start.

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 12:50 PM
i think he's got it locked up barring a collapse of some sort. Dudes focused. i just want the effing playoffs to start.

+1

Blitzbolt
04-19-2012, 02:07 PM
CP3 is a joke now all he does is Cry and FLOP take a hit once in while like Rose or Westbrook I'm tired of the Flopping you can't touch him or its a foul.

PleaseBeNice
04-19-2012, 02:28 PM
CP3 is a joke now all he does is Cry and FLOP take a hit once in while like Rose or Westbrook I'm tired of the Flopping you can't touch him or its a foul.

Agreed. He likes to play tough but when roles are reversed he hates it

Method28
04-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Man, fans complaining and whining about "flopping" is pure re****.

Plain and simple is CP3 is a beast and has the least to work with than LeBron and Durant. That wont really matter though come voting time. Imo LeBron would have to miss the rest of his shots for cp3 to even have.a.shot of it.

Avenged
04-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Clippers have been playing well, if this were the case all season Chris Paul might be in the discussions with Lebron and Durant. Like it or not team record plays a huge part in deciding the MVP.

I think Chris Paul will eventually get one though if he continues w/ the Clippers.

tredigs
04-19-2012, 03:56 PM
The Clips have already won 7 more games this year than they did last year... in a strike shortened season... with a handful more games to play...

He has a monsterous PER, monsterous WinShares and a monster 82game 'simple rating' (adjusted +/- and adjusted PER, basically). He's 2nd in the league in all of those only behind Lebron.

This dude was the predominant catalyst in the Clippers resurrection to relevance in the league - and that can't be undervalued.

I still like Lebron for MVP, but the lack of buzz for Cp3's campaign is a little surprising. Kobe is the decisive #3 in most ballots we see. Are you ****ing kidding me?

Avenged
04-19-2012, 04:05 PM
The Clips have already won 7 more games this year than they did last year... in a strike shortened season... with a handful more games to play...

He has a monsterous PER, monsterous WinShares and a monster 82game 'simple rating' (adjusted +/- and adjusted PER, basically). He's 2nd in the league in all of those only behind Lebron.

This dude was the predominant catalyst in the Clippers resurrection to relevance in the league - and that can't be undervalued.

I still like Lebron for MVP, but the lack of buzz for Cp3's campaign is a little surprising. Kobe is the decisive #3 in most ballots we see. Are you ****ing kidding me?

True. But I mean Chris Paul shouldn't get all the credit. You add Lebron/Durant/Kobe/Wade/Rose (any top 10 player) to that team and they would have brought the Clippers to relevance as well. The Clippers just needed that 1 guy to make them contenders, and luckily it happened to be Chris Paul.

I think the fact that the Clippers are 4th in the West plays a big part in this. Give the Clippers the 1st or 2nd there is no way you can overlook the dominance Chris Paul has had.

I mean it doesn't really matter if Chris Paul (or any other player) isn't getting love for #3 or 4, 5, 6 etc.. All that really matters is #1.

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 04:08 PM
I think CP3 can take some votes from durant.

tredigs
04-19-2012, 04:15 PM
True. But I mean Chris Paul shouldn't get all the credit. You add Lebron/Durant/Kobe/Wade/Rose (any top 10 player) to that team and they would have brought the Clippers to relevance as well. The Clippers just needed that 1 guy to make them contenders, and luckily it happened to be Chris Paul.

I think the fact that the Clippers are 4th in the West plays a big part in this. Give the Clippers the 1st or 2nd there is no way you can overlook the dominance Chris Paul has had.

I mean it doesn't really matter if Chris Paul (or any other player) isn't getting love for #3 or 4, 5, 6 etc.. All that really matters is #1.

I'm not so sure you can add any of those guys and get that level of a jump in production. Maybe 2 or 3 of them, not all.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-19-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm not so sure you can add any of those guys and get that level of a jump in production. Maybe 2 or 3 of them, not all.

People need to realize as well that the Clippers got rid of dead weight like Kaman and got rid of Aminu and a injury prone guy in Gordon and along with CP3 were able to add on Chauncey (he's still a voice in the lockerrroom somewhat) and Caron Butler, and then made midseason additions of Young and KMart (and hell, almost got JR Smith). Give Neil Osheiy tons of credit, GM of the year IMO.

tredigs
04-19-2012, 05:14 PM
People need to realize as well that the Clippers got rid of dead weight like Kaman and got rid of Aminu and a injury prone guy in Gordon and along with CP3 were able to add on Chauncey (he's still a voice in the lockerrroom somewhat) and Caron Butler, and then made midseason additions of Young and KMart (and hell, almost got JR Smith). Give Neil Osheiy tons of credit, GM of the year IMO.

I agree that there were a nominal amount of small moves that helped improve them, but Chris Paul is VERY clearly the largest reason for their success and the Hornets demise to last place in the West - although if Gordon played and West was there they'd have probably been able to scrape together an 11 or 12 seed.

Point is, Cp3 was the one who changed that squad, not misdeason aquisitions of le chuck-artist Nick Young, an aging K. Mart or the injured Chauncy. The fact that Paul follows only Lebron in nearly all cummulative advanced stats just helps further his case.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-19-2012, 05:17 PM
I agree that there were a nominal amount of small moves that helped improve them, but Chris Paul is VERY clearly the largest reason for their success and the Hornets demise to last place in the West - although if Gordon played and West was there they'd have probably been able to scrape together an 11 or 12 seed.

Point is, Cp3 was the one who changed that squad, not misdeason aquisitions of le chuck-artist Nick Young, an aging K. Mart or the injured Chauncy. The fact that Paul follows only Lebron in nearly all cummulative advanced stats just helps further his case.

What's a little mind-boggling to me is that CP3 is averaging only 9 assists per game. FOr him, that's actually pretty low. He's had seasons with a less talented NOH team where he's averaged 11-11.5 assists per game in like 2 or 3 different seasons.

Chronz
04-19-2012, 07:36 PM
What's a little mind-boggling to me is that CP3 is averaging only 9 assists per game. FOr him, that's actually pretty low. He's had seasons with a less talented NOH team where he's averaged 11-11.5 assists per game in like 2 or 3 different seasons.
The Clippers lack the outlet shooters from the big position for him to play that same style. Instead he has 2 athletic freaks who free him up. Added to the fact that he plays more off the ball because the team has more capable playmakers than New Orleans did.

The end result is CP3 is more productive and hes running a FAR more efficient offense. Thats what you call a win

naps
04-19-2012, 08:00 PM
#JBLovesThePoll.

ManRam
04-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Damn...all these Heat fans chanting "MVP" must be attending their first game ever! Probably aren't "real" Heat fans either ;)

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-19-2012, 10:29 PM
John Lucas III for MVP.

tredigs
04-19-2012, 10:39 PM
My top 5 ballot is cast:

1: Lebron

2: Durant

3: Chris Paul

4: Tony Parker (the run he led to keep them top 2 minus Manu & a limited TD, amazing)

5: Westbrook (him and Wade for me here - Westbrook gets it due to games/mpg played)

tredigs
04-19-2012, 10:54 PM
For what it's worth - Wade, Bynum (I called he'd produce 20 & 12 + 2blks in the Dec. 25th game thread this year - booya - pretty close), Kobe, Nash and Rondo would round out my top ten.

justinnum1
04-19-2012, 11:25 PM
My top 5 ballot is cast:

1: Lebron

2: Durant

3: Chris Paul

4: Tony Parker (the run he led to keep them top 2 minus Manu & a limited TD, amazing)

5: Westbrook (him and Wade for me here - Westbrook gets it due to games/mpg played)

I think thats what the majority of ballots would look like. cant envision kobe being top 5 but im sure some will have him at 4 instead of parker just becuase he's kobe.

NYSpirit1
04-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Looking at what he's done with the Clippers, it's really far better than any other player in the league.

The Clippers won like 30 games last year and now they are 39-23, an easy 50-55 game winner in a 82 game season.

I don't see how he's not the favorite for MVP. What Durant and LeBron are doing for their teams is expected and they are in the same position as last year.

What LeBron is doing isn't special. The Heat are worse than the Cavs were when LeBron was by himself. Their team is completely underwhelming, at most they should lose 15 games in an 82 game season.

justinnum1
04-20-2012, 12:08 AM
2 words

Lebron James

Avenged
04-20-2012, 12:09 AM
4 words

Lebron James

Kevin Durant

Bruno
04-20-2012, 12:14 AM
Looking at what he's done with the Clippers, it's really far better than any other player in the league.

The Clippers won like 30 games last year and now they are 39-23, an easy 50-55 game winner in a 82 game season.

I don't see how he's not the favorite for MVP. What Durant and LeBron are doing for their teams is expected and they are in the same position as last year.

Gordon missed 26 games last year, and the Davis/Williams combo only played 65 games. Kaman also missed about fifty games.

Paul is obviously a huge addition, but with a healthy squad, LAC was going to be competing for the playoffs no matter what. I'd say Paul is right behind James and Durant.

The Flash
04-20-2012, 12:20 AM
3 words
Lebron ****ing James lol

Bruno
04-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Here's how I see it. If OKC finishes first, and Miami finishes second, Durant will be MVP. If they both finish second, or Miami first, James will get it.

bholly
04-20-2012, 12:22 AM
2 words:

MVP Thread.

bholly
04-20-2012, 12:24 AM

So? It isn't an award for the biggest surprise or the best record improvement, it's for the Most Valuable Player.
Are you saying MJ should've only gotten it once, because after that it was expected? No.

NYSpirit1
04-20-2012, 12:27 AM
3 words
Lebron ****ing James lol

For what? The Heat are worse record-wise than the Cavs were when LeBron was in Cleveland. They have all the talent in the world, yet they'd be a normal 55 win team if it was a normal season. It's inexcusable, they should be winning 65-70 games a season in an 82 game season.

meloman1592
04-20-2012, 12:29 AM
i think he deserves it honestly...but w.e, just my opinion. And damn NYspirit..another thread? U must be on pace for some type of record

CHANGO
04-20-2012, 12:32 AM
Ok... Ok... It's over...

Lebron is the MVP. Period.

27pts, 11reb, 6ast

He started strong and finished strong.

CHANGO
04-20-2012, 12:33 AM
2 words

Lebron James

This

4 words

Lebron James

Kevin Durant

This

3 words
Lebron ****ing James lol

This

and...

2 words:

MVP Thread.

This...

He's good tho..

Mr_Jones
04-20-2012, 12:35 AM
Ben ****ing Gordon!

UPRock
04-20-2012, 12:39 AM
2 words.

Gloria James!!!

The goods
04-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Here's how I see it. If OKC finishes first, and Miami finishes second, Durant will be MVP. If they both finish second, or Miami first, James will get it.

This I couldn't have said it better myself.