PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys still think the Clippers can't play defense?

Clippersfan86
04-14-2012, 04:14 AM
I heard a lot of comments like "Clippers don't have the right team to play defense" "Clippers don't play defense" "Clippers can't be a contender because they don't play D". I have a very interesting stat.

Clippers were 28th overall defense first month of season, 26th at all star break and now stand at 17th overall. Meaning since the all star break they have been the 8th overall defense. That's matched to an offense that has been top 5 all year. So do you still consider this team a "pretender"? Do you still feel like they don't have the right roster to play defense?

Since all star break:

Offensive rank: 4
Defensive rank: 8

bholly
04-14-2012, 06:11 AM
Where do the post-ASG stats come from?

YoungOne
04-14-2012, 07:55 AM
why guys always make threads about their team just to get attention?

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-14-2012, 08:10 AM
They don't do it on a consistent basis, and they concentrate more on offense than they do on defense.

Clippersfan86
04-14-2012, 02:53 PM
They don't do it on a consistent basis, and they concentrate more on offense than they do on defense.

Lakers defense since all star break: 21st ranked. So not sure how you can preach consistency. Your team was a top 3 defense before all star break and a bad offense. Now they are a bottom 10 defense and top 10 offense :confused:.

kozelkid
04-14-2012, 07:29 PM
I'd argue sample size, but I'm also interested where you got the d-ratings for post allstar splits.

With that said I think LAC *can* become a good defensive team, especially with a few additional defensive minded players. In the NBA, so much about a teams defensive ability comes from the coach and his schemes. LAC certainly has players capable of being great defenders. Vinny needs to go though. I say this as someone who witnessed his team from going between 11th-18th to one of the best with Vinny replaced by a defensive genius in Thibs with few new defensive additions as far as players.

Hell, look at how improved NY has gotten from a defensive standpoint. Bottom line, I think LAC can become a very good defensive system with a coaching change. Similar sentiment with OKC who has no business not being elite at that end with their personnel, but are due to an inept coach in Brooks.

R0W
04-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Stfu all you talk about is the damn clippers.

Blitzbolt
04-14-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm not worry about the clipps D or Offense their biggest weapon is the FLOPS and the crying if the refs help them they will be a hard team to beat.

If the ref Play it even I got my Grizzlies beating them in 5.

Jayrich28
04-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Nope still think your d is weak.

You guys r playing better but most likely you will play memphis in the 1st r round and I got them beating you

E.O.21
04-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Nope still think your d is weak.

You guys r playing better but most likely you will play memphis in the 1st r round and I got them beating you

Clippers > Memphis

Cp3 just too beast

Jayrich28
04-14-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm not worry about the clipps D or Offense their biggest weapon is the FLOPS and the crying if the refs help them they will be a hard team to beat.

If the ref Play it even I got my Grizzlies beating them in 5.

Damn blitz u stole my answer

tredigs
04-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Good luck beating Memphis. LAC will need it. I see them out in round 1 - 6 games.

R0W
04-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Flop City i hate when the clippers get there calls when they flop. I guess whatever helps you win. :cool:

Hawkeye15
04-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Good luck beating Memphis. LAC will need it. I see them out in round 1 - 6 games.

I want to agree, but as usual, everyone forgets what Chris Paul morphs into come playoff time. There is nobody better. His level of play jumps up 5 levels come playoff time. Now that he has a PF with a pulse, and a little more talent everywhere else than he had in NO the last few years, I think the Clips are for real. Can they beat OKC, or San Antonio? I don't think so. But anyone else, sure.

Hawkeye15
04-14-2012, 07:57 PM
btw, the Clips are an elite offensive team, average defensive team to answer the question.

shep33
04-14-2012, 08:04 PM
I want to agree, but as usual, everyone forgets what Chris Paul morphs into come playoff time. There is nobody better. His level of play jumps up 5 levels come playoff time. Now that he has a PF with a pulse, and a little more talent everywhere else than he had in NO the last few years, I think the Clips are for real. Can they beat OKC, or San Antonio? I don't think so. But anyone else, sure.

Absolutely. I've said it before, Playoff Chris Paul, is a different beast than what we see in the regular season. Even if Blake slows down, CP3 is just too scary.

Sadds The Gr8
04-14-2012, 08:07 PM

this.

smith&wesson
04-14-2012, 08:09 PM
I heard a lot of comments like "Clippers don't have the right team to play defense" "Clippers don't play defense" "Clippers can't be a contender because they don't play D". I have a very interesting stat.

Clippers were 28th overall defense first month of season, 26th at all star break and now stand at 17th overall. Meaning since the all star break they have been the 8th overall defense. That's matched to an offense that has been top 5 all year. So do you still consider this team a "pretender"? Do you still feel like they don't have the right roster to play defense?

Since all star break:

Offensive rank: 4
Defensive rank: 8

i think the clippers are very talented. they were much better with the leadership of billups and miss that imo.

i also think blake needs to work on his offensive tools further as he is one of the go to guys on the clippers. he is entertaining and high flying but in a 7 game series vs western conference teams they will need more from him.

bholly
04-14-2012, 08:17 PM
]Lakers defense since all star break: 21st ranked.[/B] So not sure how you can preach consistency. Your team was a top 3 defense before all star break and a bad offense. Now they are a bottom 10 defense and top 10 offense :confused:.

Can you please give the source for these stats?

meloman1592
04-14-2012, 08:29 PM

Chris Paul goes into super saiyan 3 once the post season starts...with the talent he has around him now, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they came out the west. Sure OKC and SA are the favorites, but the clippers are extremely dangerous...extremely.

goldenstater
04-14-2012, 08:49 PM
gave up 100 points to a Warriors team today that literally has all their starters out( not an exaggeration, Clay thompson is the exception but is a rookie ). not that impressed but thats really only a sample size for me i don't follow them that much. just pointin that out. could have been just a lazy game.

Chronz
04-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Heat have been horrible offensively in March to now, I like to think they are better than what they've shown recently, so I'm not a fan of small samples, no matter how recent, just overruling everything, but its definitely an encouraging sign.

SpaceJamJordans
04-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Flop City i hate when the clippers get there calls when they flop. I guess whatever helps you win. :cool:

kay we beat the thunder twice so cry about it some more

beasted86
04-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Clippers till have no D, especially on the wings.

Rudy Gay is going to wreak havoc if the Clippers don't get the 3rd seed.

AfroThunderRule
04-14-2012, 11:02 PM
People here think the Knicks have no defense either, just saying

kylem4711
04-15-2012, 02:29 AM
i still know they cant play defense. i am the biggest clipper homer of all too

The goods
04-15-2012, 02:54 AM
Flop city!!!!!!!!!
Chris is beasting pretty much their whole offense.
And how are you going to talk about our defense maybe we should flop more like the clippers do,and what was our defense ranked when we beat y'all?
And didn't gasol lock up griffin? I mean I love gasol but you rarely see that other than those dunks (fouls). Lol hahaha

The goods
04-15-2012, 02:58 AM
People here think the Knicks have no defense either, just saying

To be fair they didn't at first but with woodson they are playing D like their capable of I want to see what amar'e will do when he gets back if he can get on the same page they'll be very dangerous in the playoffs.

Evolution23
04-15-2012, 03:03 AM

The Clippers do have a shot at beating Memphis but if I had to put my money on it, I would bet on the Grizzlies. Grizzlies simply have a better overall team with good depth and they have been on fire as of late. Z-bo is back and they have all the momentum heading into the playoffs.

lakers4sho
04-15-2012, 03:22 AM
i don't think they will get past the grizzlies in the first round. grizzlies have more bases covered, more or less. chris paul can only do so much.

Pakman
04-15-2012, 03:27 AM
I still got the lakers beating the clips in ANY series. No billups= no success and you know it.

LakersMaster24
04-15-2012, 05:48 AM
Why doea it have to turn into a Lakers vs Clippers thread? :shrug:

I got Clippers out in 2nd Round to my Lakers.

Hypocrite? Yes.

:laugh:

kylem4711
04-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Flop city!!!!!!!!!
Chris is beasting pretty much their whole offense.
And how are you going to talk about our defense maybe we should flop more like the clippers do,and what was our defense ranked when we beat y'all?
And didn't gasol lock up griffin? I mean I love gasol but you rarely see that other than those dunks (fouls). Lol hahaha

get a new act

Avenged
04-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Lakers defense since all star break: 21st ranked. So not sure how you can preach consistency. Your team was a top 3 defense before all star break and a bad offense. Now they are a bottom 10 defense and top 10 offense :confused:.

So you ask a question, he answers your question.. You don't like what he said even though YOU asked, and you somehow manage to bring the Lakers into this? :confused:

Hawkeye15
04-15-2012, 04:20 PM
The Clippers do have a shot at beating Memphis but if I had to put my money on it, I would bet on the Grizzlies. Grizzlies simply have a better overall team with good depth and they have been on fire as of late. Z-bo is back and they have all the momentum heading into the playoffs.

I think we can both agree that would be an entertaining series. I am excited to see playoff CP3 with help again. He is as good as it gets.

Method28
04-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Clippers will beat whoever they play in round 1