PDA

View Full Version : Miami heat has the easiest path to the conference finals if the standings stay

knicks4life33
04-13-2012, 01:02 PM
The heat as it stands is the number 2 seed and there path to the conference finals as of right now if the seedings dont change have it way easier then the bulls to the conference finals.
Miami in the first round plays philadelphia. Miami wins. Then the second round of the playoffs they play the winner of the indiana and orlando series. I see orlando winning that series. Miami plays orlando and i dont see orlando givin miami a big challenge cause orlando has not been the same team as they have been in the past with all the drama going on and turkalo is out for the year and richardson is not the same richardson of the past .

Now the bulls play the knicks in the first round if the seedining play out out the way they are. Knicks always play the bulls hard. Knicks have played them tight every game this season and shumpert is a great defender not saying he will stop derrick rose but the knicks will challenge the bulls. Second round the bulls will have to play the winners of the celtics and hawks series and i see the celtics winning the way they are rolling and the way rondo is playing and the way garnett is playing. I can see the bulls having a out before the eastern confernce finals. I can see a celtics and heat confernce finals . Heat will have days off and the age of the celtics will come back and bite them and the heat will go back to the finals .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_LUnTQHV4c

tcav701
04-13-2012, 01:04 PM
The Heat will play the Knicks in the first round because thats how Stern wants it.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Is this thread a result of what Charles Barkley said last night on TNT about the Heat having the easiest road to the ECF? :laugh2:

Anyways, yes, they do.

Chronz
04-13-2012, 01:07 PM
They had the hardest road last year, this year Im not liking how they matchup but at least they arent facing powerhouses.

king4day
04-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Boston may still get the 3 seed. That's what I want.Get the best matchups.

1-800-STFU
04-13-2012, 01:13 PM
They had the hardest road last year, this year Im not liking how they matchup but at least they arent facing powerhouses.

Chrono Trigger avi.

You have earned my respect.

Jayrich28
04-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah maybe they do ....but at some point they will still have to play the bulls or cs and right now their role players can't cut it...the big 3 will preform but what about the rest of those guys...can't win a ring with just 3 guys

Rndy
04-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Indianas front court depth can give Miami troubles? Id much rather face Boston then Indiana. Boston will cost them selves due to rebounds in my opinion but Indiana can match the Bulls pretty well in everything.

Jayrich28
04-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Indiana can cause mia and us problems...but I dont know if they have the composure or experience to close games or win those series

mjm07
04-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah maybe they do ....but at some point they will still have to play the bulls or cs and right now their role players can't cut it...the big 3 will preform but what about the rest of those guys...can't win a ring with just 3 guys

Bulls won't win a ring if Rose doesn't play like an MVP but yes Heat won't win s**t if they dont' get consistent contribution from their bench.

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 01:24 PM
they sure do:)

LAKobeBryant
04-13-2012, 01:25 PM
this is what the TNT analysis said yesterday after the game.
reference your post

willabeast77
04-13-2012, 01:30 PM
And what if they do. Good, they deserved it but it's best to wait until the seeding is actually set in place.

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Yep.

Which is good because they need to save the elusive next gear for the ECF.

P-O-Z
04-13-2012, 01:42 PM
I said to my buddy a week ago, I would rather stay as the second seed because honestly I want no part of the knicks and the celtics the first two rounds. If this team is to win it all like charles said Lebron is gonna have to turn it up another level .. imo

2-ONE-5
04-13-2012, 01:43 PM
who cares. they better hope they dont get Philly in the first round!

Chronz
04-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Chrono Trigger avi.

You have earned my respect.

Took long enough Jiggly Puff

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Yea that would be the worst possible scenario

shep33
04-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Absolutely. No disrespect to the Sixers or Pacers, but I just think the Sixers don't match up well with the Heat at all, and the Pacers still lack a little experience to match up with Miami.

Now... this all changes if the Knicks get the 7th spot, and the Celts steal the 3rd spot

Heater4life
If the standings stay as is yes they do. With less than 8 games left the only questions remaining are: Will Indiana hold onto the 3rd seed? How will 4-6 play out given they are all tied at 34-24? Do the Knicks catch and surpass the Sixers at the seventh spot (1 game behind and own the tie-breaker)?

Given the chance I would rather face Philadelphia in the first round and either Atlanta or Indiana as a second round opponent.

willabeast77

Why not? Who ever they face in the face round, Miami will advance regardless.

Celticsfan2007
04-13-2012, 01:58 PM

There are still confident Philly fans out there?

Good for you man, I thought they all jumped ship about two weeks ago..

willabeast77
04-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Miami needs to avoid the Celtics and they'll be fine

Big Zo
04-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Why not? Who ever they face in the face round, Miami will advance regardless.

Because Paul George grew 2 inches using a penis pump.

Jarvo
04-13-2012, 02:06 PM
I just have a odd crazy feeling that if the knicks play the bulls in the 1st round they would lose :hide: and thats what it is JUST a feeling. They matchup well with them, And I do think it will be a Heat vs Celtics ECF with the Heat winning in 5 or 6

willabeast77
04-13-2012, 02:09 PM
I just have a odd crazy feeling that if the knicks play the bulls in the 1st round they would lose :hide: and thats what it is JUST a feeling. They matchup well with them, And I do think it will be a Heat vs Celtics ECF with the Heat winning in 5 or 6

That would be great to see happen but I don't see it playing out like that.

MTL_123
04-13-2012, 02:09 PM

omg if the knick beat the bulls in the first ( dnt think its gonna happen tho) all hell is gonna break loose. Im just thinking of the 100s of knicks fans crashing this site lol:D

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 02:14 PM
If the standings stay as is yes they do. With less than 8 games left the only questions remaining are: Will Indiana hold onto the 3rd seed? How will 4-6 play out given they are all tied at 34-24? Do the Knicks catch and surpass the Sixers at the seventh spot (1 game behind and own the tie-breaker)?

Given the chance I would rather face Philadelphia in the first round and either Atlanta or Indiana as a second round opponent.
Yep. Still a lot of time for Celtics to grab the 3rd seed and knicks to grab 7th, but as it stands now, as a heat fan would certainly be easier than NY and Boston.

That would be hilarious.

Jarvo
04-13-2012, 02:15 PM
omg if the knick beat the bulls in the first ( dnt think its gonna happen tho) all hell is gonna break loose. Im just thinking of the 100s of knicks fans crashing this site lol:D

I know and I dont even like the knicks at all, But I see the knicks play them and I just say man if they do meet in the 1st round the bulls will lose idk why but I can see it playing out that way.

redwhitenblue
04-13-2012, 02:19 PM
I know and I dont even like the knicks at all, But I see the knicks play them and I just say man if they do meet in the 1st round the bulls will lose idk why but I can see it playing out that way.
I'd love to play the Knicks, a chucking team who is easily flustered. You can get that team out of it's rhythm easily.

Bulls have played the Knicks better this year than they did last year. I'd rather play NY than PHI right now.

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Knicks chuck, but if those chuckers get hot they will win games.

Jarvo
04-13-2012, 02:24 PM
I'd love to play the Knicks, a chucking team who is easily flustered. You can get that team out of it's rhythm easily.

Bulls have played the Knicks better this year than they did last year. I'd rather play NY than PHI right now.

I know with melo & JR they are always jacking up shots knowing they cant make them, But with amare coming back and chandler and the knicks focused I just think they can hang with the bulls. If im right im right wrong im wrong dont matter to me.

gotoHcarolina52
The Knicks will end up in 7th and the Celtics in 3rd.

IIISSKiLL

oh no not the sixers

redwhitenblue
04-13-2012, 02:25 PM
I know with melo & JR they are always jacking up shots knowing they cant make them, But with amare coming back and chandler and the knicks focused I just think they can hang with the bulls. If im right im right wrong im wrong dont matter to me.
I don't know how big of an impact Amare can be coming back from this back problem.

VillaMaravilla
04-13-2012, 02:26 PM
What is up with all these Bulls fans talking like bearing the Knicks is a given? Lol dont cry when that shh dont happen

redwhitenblue
04-13-2012, 02:26 PM
See I hate these sayings. If ANY team gets hot they will win games, be it NY, PHI, ORL, IND, BOS, ATL, CHI or MIA

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 02:27 PM
id rather face Milwaukee, but the Knicks are fine with me.

Everyone thought they'd give Boston matchup problems last year and what happened?

They are gonna chuck and maybe shoot a high enough percentage to win one game. They don't defend the perimeter worth ****, and even if Stat is back, our bigs are actually big. I'm not worried in the least about the Knicks lol.

Jarvo
04-13-2012, 02:29 PM

EXACTLY! Whoever they play in the 1st round they would take it as they have something to prove to the top teams and the world and what better way to do so in pulling out a upset, They do chuck it up but as you said if they get hot watch out. The knicks arent a bad team they just dont play D and have childish players. I'll take them to beat the bulls *Just a feeling tho* over the heat.

Stinkyoutsider
04-13-2012, 02:30 PM
The Heat took care of the Philly last year and probably would do the same this year. But, let's not look past the Pacers. They gave the Bulls a tough time last year and I think they're a better team this year, so Miami could have their hands full too.

I like the Bulls having to play the Knicks and Celtics to get to the ECF. They would need to playing at a high level to get past those 2 teams so when the Heat would meet them, the Bulls would already playing at a level needed to take now Miami.

redwhitenblue
04-13-2012, 02:31 PM
What is up with all these Bulls fans talking like bearing the Knicks is a given? Lol dont cry when that shh dont happen
You're barely above .500. First two times Chicago beat you this year was without Deng and Hamilton (and second game without Watson). NY beat CHI once, in OT, by 1 on a day Melo went crazy, then lost by 12 two days later (without Rose).

It's not as if you won 2 out of 3 like last year and dominated the larger portion of the games.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2012, 02:33 PM
The Heat took care of the Philly last year and probably would do the same this year. But, let's not look past the Pacers. They gave the Bulls a tough time last year and I think they're a better team this year, so Miami could have their hands full too.

I like the Bulls having to play the Knicks and Celtics to get to the ECF. They would need to playing at a high level to get past those 2 teams so when the Heat would meet them, the Bulls would already playing at a level needed to take now Miami.

That's certainly possible, although they could also be exhausted.

ChicagoJ
04-13-2012, 02:36 PM
It would be tough if the bulls have to play the knicks and celtics. They will be worn out if they make it to the conference finals whereas the heat may be more rested. As a bulls fan I'm really hoping the heat have to play the celtics. The celtics have a shot in that series.

The funny thing is instead of looking at the bulls/heat road in the playoffs, look at the other teams. They will probably have to beat the bulls and heat to represent the east. Good luck with that.

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 02:38 PM
I heard this song from Knicks fans last year.

"If we get hot, we can (do anything)."

Don't gimme that, your team relying on heat checks is one of the major reasons you're struggling to stave off the god damn Bucks for the final playoff spot, in an already ridiculously weak Eastern Conference.

The Knicks are just not that good. I'm truly sorry.

And let me just say, if either team gets upset in the early rounds, we will never hear the end of it. So lets not short out the internet, and just pray the two best teams make it to the ECF (Sixers and Pacers).

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 02:39 PM
If the knicks get hot i can see them taking 2 games.

waveycrockett
04-13-2012, 02:41 PM
They got beat down in the regular season by the Bulls last year too. In the playoffs they are going to crush them. Miami is just too good in 7 games for the Bulls.

E.O.21
04-13-2012, 02:41 PM
It would be tough if the bulls have to play the knicks and celtics. They will be worn out if they make it to the conference finals whereas the heat may be more rested. As a bulls fan I'm really hoping the heat have to play the celtics. The celtics have a shot in that series.

The funny thing is instead of looking at the bulls/heat road in the playoffs, look at the other teams. They will probably have to beat the bulls and heat to represent the east. Good luck with that.

great point +1

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 02:42 PM
They got beat down in the regular season by the Bulls last year too. In the playoffs they are going to crush them. Miami is just too good in 7 games for the Bulls.

You should probably let the Lakers know the Mavs are going to sweep them. :rolleyes:

redwhitenblue
04-13-2012, 02:44 PM
There has been one CHI/MIA game that wasn't a final minutes thriller. Neither team has done much 'beating down' or 'crushing' of either team. But you'd have to watch the games to know that.

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 02:47 PM
miami/bulls games will keep going down to the final minute, and i will take the team with 2 legit #1 options over the team with one. ECF cant come soon enough.

waveycrockett
04-13-2012, 02:48 PM
You should probably let the Lakers know the Mavs are going to sweep them. :rolleyes:

I didn't realize the Knicks signed LeBron and Pat Riley waived Chris Bosh. ;)

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 02:48 PM

If chandler was still on that team they very well could, especially with kobe chucking 25+ shots a game

Wallace:"If there's a team, especially in East, that can beat them 4 times in 7 games over 2 weeks, I'll believe it when i c it."

I agree with mike Wallace

elledaddy
04-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Boy, have these Bulls fan sure gotten full of themselves. Now, NOBODY can play with them? Teams other then the heat are lucky to get 1 win vs them? News flash, the Bulls haven't won shyt. They have won 2 series in like the last 6 yrs and somehow they're just this playoff machine that's a sure bet for the championship. I get being confident in ur team but they are just 1 full season removed from being a 500 ball club

mdm692
04-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Am i the only one who wants a knicks vs heat 1st round series?

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Boy, have these Bulls fan sure gotten full of themselves. Now, NOBODY can play with them? Teams other then the heat are lucky to get 1 win vs them? News flash, the Bulls haven't won shyt. They have won 2 series in like the last 6 yrs and somehow they're just this playoff machine that's a sure bet for the championship. I get being confident in ur team but they are just 1 full season removed from being a 500 ball club

you're probably right, we're the same team as when Vinny Del Negro was coach. :facepalm:

Newsflash: This isn't two years ago, it isn't last year, its this year. And nobody has won "shyt," and unless you're a Mavs fan, your team didn't win last year either.

mdm692
04-13-2012, 03:19 PM
See I hate these sayings. If ANY team gets hot they will win games, be it NY, PHI, ORL, IND, BOS, ATL, CHI or MIA

have you seen carmelo anthony go off on teams? He dropped 30+ in a single quarter. This past sunday he walked up to taj gibson shot a 3 in his face and tied the game then in ot he walked up to deng shot a 3 while getting smacked in the face and won it. If carmelo and jr get into a little rythm no team will want to stop them. And i know shumpert is a little overrated by some fans but he can lock down people i would love to see him battle wade in a 7 game series.

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 03:24 PM
have you seen carmelo anthony go off on teams? He dropped 30+ in a single quarter. This past sunday he walked up to taj gibson shot a 3 in his face and tied the game then in ot he walked up to deng shot a 3 while getting smacked in the face and won it. If carmelo and jr get into a little rythm no team will want to stop them. And i know shumpert is a little overrated by some fans but he can lock down people i would love to see him battle wade in a 7 game series.

If Carmelo drops 30 a quarter, JR shoots 50% from three, Shumpert locks down Wade...

If if if if if if if if if if if.

redwhitenblue
04-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Melo was on fire that game, and that's why they won that game. But this isn't a single game series, it's 7 games. And two days after that Melo shot, NY got ***** slapped by the same CHI team by 12.

Greet
04-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Don't sleep on Philly lol

DaBear
04-13-2012, 03:33 PM
I'd rather play the Knicks than the Sixers. I think the Knicks will be swept in the first round by whomever they face.

Mr_Amaziing
04-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Dallas isn't the same without Chandler

meloman1592
04-13-2012, 03:36 PM
i'd rather play the knicks than the sixers. I think the knicks will be swept in the first round by whomever they face.

l
o
l

elledaddy
04-13-2012, 03:37 PM
you're probably right, we're the same team as when Vinny Del Negro was coach. :facepalm:

Newsflash: This isn't two years ago, it isn't last year, its this year. And nobody has won "shyt," and unless you're a Mavs fan, your team didn't win last year either.

It doesn't matter what team I follow but let's say I follow the Mavs. What does that have to do with what I said? Reguardless who was coaching the bulls last year or 3 years ago doesn't change the fact that this roster( minus or adding 1 or 2 players) haven't won anything to feel this sense of entitlement.

Its just gonna be a funny day when the bulls wash out again this year and the Bull(shyt) excuses come out

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Anyone have a picture of that regular season trophy the bulls get?

DaBear
04-13-2012, 03:38 PM
l
o
l

:speechless:

DaBear
04-13-2012, 03:39 PM

I love how cocky Miami fans are for a team that didn't even win the championship last year.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2012, 03:58 PM

Here (http://www.onlinetrophies.co.uk/photos/products_lg/L3785_A1024-lg.jpg) it is

bucketss
04-13-2012, 04:10 PM

yeah i have but not in the playoffs

lol yep no team will stop them(melo,jr) but that doesnt mean they'll win the game

meloman1592
04-13-2012, 04:16 PM
My God bulls fans are cocky..I thought Laker fans were bad

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 04:20 PM
My God bulls fans are cocky..I thought Laker fans were bad

Bulls fans haver every right to be cocky, after all, they are about to win their second regular season title

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Bulls fans haver every right to be cocky, after all, they are about to win their second regular season title

:laugh2:

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 04:28 PM
It doesn't matter what team I follow but let's say I follow the Mavs. What does that have to do with what I said? Reguardless who was coaching the bulls last year or 3 years ago doesn't change the fact that this roster( minus or adding 1 or 2 players) haven't won anything to feel this sense of entitlement.

Its just gonna be a funny day when the bulls wash out again this year and the Bull(shyt) excuses come out

So which Bulls players have been on PSD gloating?

mdm692
04-13-2012, 04:37 PM
yeah i have but not in the playoffs

lol yep no team will stop them(melo,jr) but that doesnt mean they'll win the game

i think the point of the game is whoever scores more points wins. They can certainly do that and they can certainly cause an upset.

TheWhiteMamba
04-13-2012, 04:38 PM

Or how about that video of the Heat winning not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, but 7 titles!

knicks4life33
04-13-2012, 04:38 PM
hmmmmm

Shmontaine
04-13-2012, 04:39 PM
knick fans aren't cocky at all... they definitely don't have any sense of entitlement...

DaBear
04-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Heat have one measly championship that was won on FT's and Wade treatment in the Finals. Dallas was better both times they met.

DaBear
04-13-2012, 04:40 PM
knick fans aren't cocky at all... they definitely don't have any sense of entitlement...

Yeah they're just irrelevant. It's like a chihuahua barking at you. Who cares?

knicks4life33
04-13-2012, 04:41 PM
here is a funny video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_LUnTQHV4c

Shmontaine
Or how about that video of the Heat winning not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, but 7 titles!

nah, they've already got the coveted larry o'brien trophy last year... Mission Accomplished!!! everyone now go back to your jobs and problems while the heat live fabulously on south beach...

mdm692

lol

BIG worm

what the **** does last year gotta do with the 2012 playoffs? thats all i hear! please elaborate. this year bulls team is superior to last years bulls team. everyone talks as if the nba is stagnant. what in the world have the heat shown anyone this year to show people they are the clear cut favorites???? this reminds me of the year that the lakers signed payton and malone, all i heard that year was about the infamous "switch" the lakers were gonna flip come playoff time.....well we all know how that ended up.:cool:

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 04:43 PM
what the **** does last year gotta do with the 2012 playoffs? thats all i hear! please elaborate. this year bulls team is superior to last years bulls team. everyone talks as if the nba is stagnant. what in the world have the heat shown anyone this year to show people they are the clear cut favorites???? this reminds me of the year that the lakers signed payton and malone, all i heard that year was about the infamous "switch" the lakers were gonna flip come playoff time.....well we all know how that ended up.:cool:

What did they show last year getting beat every time by the bulls?

knicks4life33
04-13-2012, 04:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_LUnTQHV4c LOOK AT THIS VIDEO

BIG worm
04-13-2012, 04:48 PM
What did they show last year getting beat every time by the bulls?

ur statement is completely irrelevant. i never mentioned our reg season wins last year.

BIG worm
04-13-2012, 04:51 PM
last year, the excuse was that its a newly built team (heat) they are gonna take a season to gel, blah blah blah. whats the excuse for your teams complete lack of heart and lack of mental toughness THIS year????

TheWhiteMamba
04-13-2012, 04:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_LUnTQHV4c LOOK AT THIS VIDEO

"When we get on the court it's gonna be easy"

"I never said it'll be easy"

:laugh:

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Chicago Bulls 2012 Regular Season Championship Trophy (http://www.onlinetrophies.co.uk/photos/products_lg/L3785_A1024-lg.jpg)

TheWhiteMamba
last year, the excuse was that its a newly built team (heat) they are gonna take a season to gel, blah blah blah. whats the excuse for your teams complete lack of heart and lack of mental toughness THIS year????

How dare you bring sense into this forum!

DaBear

They have another level. :rolleyes:

ChI_ShIzzLe
This thread is like a playoff teaser :laugh2:

DaBear
04-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Chicago Bulls 2012 Regular Season Championship Trophy (http://www.onlinetrophies.co.uk/photos/products_lg/L3785_A1024-lg.jpg)

Heat attendance before big three arrived

http://cdn204.psbin.com/img/mw=450/cr=n/s4a2vblwz6gu5h11.jpg

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 04:56 PM

:laugh:

BIG worm
04-13-2012, 04:56 PM
They have another level. :rolleyes:
son of a *****!!!! i FORGOT the other level!:mad:

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 04:59 PM
son of a *****!!!! i FORGOT the other level!:mad:

Here is a reminder (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncCEMZvA5m8)

take note of the next level both on offense and defense, and the lineup for miami, they went on that 12-0 run last night, then UD had diarrhea so he missed the 2nd half

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Heat attendance before big three arrived

http://cdn204.psbin.com/img/mw=450/cr=n/s4a2vblwz6gu5h11.jpg

United Center during games 6 and 7 of the 2011 ECF (http://basketball.ballparks.com/NBA/ChicagoBulls/interior.jpg)

BIG worm
04-13-2012, 05:01 PM
so whats the excuse for your teams pitiful play and lack of mental toughness justin, please explain

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 05:01 PM
The Heat lost the finals last year on purpose in order to play the resurgent, focused, veteran role and take it all this year.

Although, its gonna be kinda hard for them to shift into that extra gear without a clutch.

BIG worm
04-13-2012, 05:02 PM
every last argument from you heat fans is LAST YEAR. thats comical!

justinnum1
so whats the excuse for your teams pitiful play and lack of mental toughness justin, please explain

You mean during the regular season? Judge my team with how they play in the playoffs. Thanks.

justinnum1
United Center during games 6 and 7 of the 2011 ECF (http://basketball.ballparks.com/NBA/ChicagoBulls/interior.jpg)

oh thats epic:clap:

mjm07
04-13-2012, 05:03 PM

LMAO! Can't wait for the playoffs. :clap:

BIG worm
04-13-2012, 05:04 PM
You mean during the regular season? Judge my team with how they play in the playoffs. Thanks.

:rolleyes: this guy

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 05:06 PM
:rolleyes: this guy

Bulls are the best regular season team in the league, no one will argue that. But until that translates to postseason success, ****, until they get to the finals, they are just another team in the east trying to get past miami in the playoffs.

JasonJohnHorn
04-13-2012, 05:14 PM
vs. Orlando, the Heat are FAWKED at center... and that match up may hurt them more than anybody thinks.

vs. indy: the pacers have front court depth and rebounding that will cause endless problems for the heat

vs. philly: there are some match ups that goes philly's way and i think philly's bench is more productive than the Heat

Bottom line is, when you are playing a team in the NBA, any team can win. The Raptors beat the Bulls in the 72-win season, and when it comes to playoff teams, its even closer. There is a reason Indy is so high in the standings. They are a great team. And Philly has been underachieving as of late. If they get back on track they could really give Miami problems.

That said, I think it would be easier than playing a HEALTHY Knicks team, and a HEALTHY Boston team.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Bulls are the best regular season team in the league, no one will argue that. But until that translates to postseason success, ****, until they get to the finals, they are just another team in the east trying to get past miami in the playoffs.

Exactly right. :clap:

SteveNash
04-13-2012, 05:22 PM

LOL

The Heat lost the finals last year on purpose in order to play the resurgent, focused, veteran role and take it all this year.

Although, its gonna be kinda hard for them to shift into that extra gear without a clutch.

You can shift without a clutch bro.

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 05:23 PM
lol we'll see.

If you heat fan(s) really think both of these teams are the same teams they were last year, just let me know so I can put you on ignore.

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 05:24 PM
LOL

You can shift without a clutch bro.

whoosh.

SteveNash
04-13-2012, 05:26 PM
whoosh.

Lacking a clutch gene LeBron shifted gears and took a dump all over your team.

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 05:28 PM

when's that?

this another one of those references from last year?

Might as well just take the postseason off since the Mavs are gonna take it this year.

shep33
04-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Man, Bulls and Heat fans despise each other lol

SteveNash
04-13-2012, 05:33 PM
when's that?

this another one of those references from last year?

Might as well just take the postseason off since the Mavs are gonna take it this year.

Let's talk about this year. Bulls first round exit vs the Knicks.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2012, 05:33 PM

It's ridiculous. Mavs fans are the ones who have license to talk all the **** they want about LeBron and the HEAT and yet it's the Bulls homers who live vicariously through the Mavs' accomplishment and forget that it was LeBron who singlehandedly skull-****ed their favorite team into oblivion last season. Pathetic.

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 05:35 PM

I'd love for you to elaborate on how the Knicks have the advantage over the Bulls in a 7 game series.

Shmontaine
04-13-2012, 05:37 PM

showing your intelligence, or lack of...

D1JM
04-13-2012, 05:40 PM
It's ridiculous. Mavs fans are the ones who have license to talk all the **** they want about LeBron and the HEAT and yet it's the Bulls homers who live vicariously through the Mavs' accomplishment and forget that it was LeBron who singlehandedly skull-****ed their favorite team into oblivion last season. Pathetic.

finishing second is no different than finishing last because you guys didnt win the championship. you guys make it seem like you did. if making it to the finals is something to brag, than more power to you. however, your team fail just like the other 29 teams.

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 05:41 PM

Yeah moral victories are pretty pathetic.

You were saying something about simply making it to the finals....

:facepalm:

Who's living through the Mavs' accomplishment? The point is neither team (Bulls or Heat) was the best team last year, so to draw some conclusion that the Heat are still some unstoppable superteam is hogwash.

As far as Lebron, every non-heat fan in the NBA rags on him, as well as Kobe, Rose, Griffin, Howard, Wade, Pierce, Love, Noah, Rondo, and any other name thats ever been hoisted up by the media. I don't think anyone can seriously deny that Lebron is the best player in the league, but that doesn't mean he's immune to criticism. Grow some skin.

jimm120
04-13-2012, 05:42 PM
At the END OF THE DAY, this is how teams have been PLAYING recently:

1. Chicago
2. Miami
3. Boston
4. NY
5. Indy
6. Atlanta
7. Milwaukee
8. Orlando
9. Philly

THAT's how teams have been playing recently. I know those aren't the standings, but Boston has been playing like a 3 seend. Philly has been playing...not even like a 9th seed, but.

Anyway, so going off that, it shows that if ANYONE goes up against Orlando or Philly, its gonna be an easier route in the playoffs.

Knicks are an 8th seed (or maybe move up to 7th), but they aren't playing like a 7th or 8th seed. Whomever plays them might have a "tougher" road". Same thing with the Celtics. Yeah, they're already the 4th seed, but their record is actually lower than the 5th seed (and I think 6th seed too). But they are playing like a LEGIT #3 seed.

So, whomever gets matched up against Knicks and Boston in the 1st and 2nd round will most probably have a tougher road.

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 05:48 PM
^ good post.

The whole tougher road thing doesn't bother me too much. If we wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best. Sounds cliche but its the truth.

DoMeFavors
04-13-2012, 05:50 PM
At the END OF THE DAY, this is how teams have been PLAYING recently:

1. Chicago
2. Miami
3. Boston
4. NY
5. Indy
6. Atlanta
7. Milwaukee
8. Orlando
9. Philly

THAT's how teams have been playing recently. I know those aren't the standings, but Boston has been playing like a 3 seend. Philly has been playing...not even like a 9th seed, but.

Anyway, so going off that, it shows that if ANYONE goes up against Orlando or Philly, its gonna be an easier route in the playoffs.

Knicks are an 8th seed (or maybe move up to 7th), but they aren't playing like a 7th or 8th seed. Whomever plays them might have a "tougher" road". Same thing with the Celtics. Yeah, they're already the 4th seed, but their record is actually lower than the 5th seed (and I think 6th seed too). But they are playing like a LEGIT #3 seed.

So, whomever gets matched up against Knicks and Boston in the 1st and 2nd round will most probably have a tougher road.

Doesnt matter how they are playing right now fact of the matter is Knicks have played bad all year so they are the 8th seed where they belong.

Cadet10
04-13-2012, 05:52 PM
There are 4 teams within 3 games of each other.. 3 of those teams are all 10.5 games back.. So the chances of the standings staying as is will be small

jimm120
04-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Doesnt matter how they are playing right now fact of the matter is Knicks have played bad all year so they are the 8th seed where they belong.

You really didn't GET what I wrote, did you?

I said that they're PLAYING LIKE the 4th seed, meaning that the teams that are ACTUALLY on top (whomever ends up matched up against them in the playoffs, be it Miami or Chicago), will play the #8 or #7 seeded Knicks, but a Knicks team that's actually playing like a #4 seed (kind of how Orlando used to be a #4 seed).

I never said anything to the contrary.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Yeah moral victories are pretty pathetic.

You were saying something about simply making it to the finals....

:facepalm:

Who's living through the Mavs' accomplishment? The point is neither team (Bulls or Heat) was the best team last year, so to draw some conclusion that the Heat are still some unstoppable superteam is hogwash.

As far as Lebron, every non-heat fan in the NBA rags on him, as well as Kobe, Rose, Griffin, Howard, Wade, Pierce, Love, Noah, Rondo, and any other name thats ever been hoisted up by the media. I don't think anyone can seriously deny that Lebron is the best player in the league, but that doesn't mean he's immune to criticism. Grow some skin.

No. The point is that the only team that was able to stop Miami was not your team. And so until your team proves it can beat Miami four times out of seven in the playoffs, you and your fellow Bulls homers should wait until this potential ECF matchup plays itself out. And few Heat fans think our favorite team is unstoppable. We've merely been here before and, as a result, are confident that our team can turn things around in the playoffs and end up coming out of the East.

DoMeFavors
04-13-2012, 06:01 PM

I said that they're PLAYING LIKE the 4th seed, meaning that the teams that are ACTUALLY on top (whomever ends up matched up against them in the playoffs, be it Miami or Chicago), will play the #8 or #7 seeded Knicks, but a Knicks team that's actually playing like a #4 seed (kind of how Orlando used to be a #4 seed).

They arent playing like the 4th seed at all because they are the 8th seed, you cant say a team is playing like something they arent. Knicks are a poorly coached, poorly led team. Carmelo if you havent noticed has made the playoffs all years since in the league but only made it out of the 1st round once. Tyson Chandler who is a career 2nd pick bust who has been traded every other year for crap is your 3rd best player? Amare who will probably play 1 more year before he retires? and Jeremy Lin who suddenly turned into a complete *** and now has a huge ego is your pg of the future? Knicks are a terrible ran team.

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 06:03 PM
No. The point is that the only team that was able to stop Miami was not your team. And so until your team proves it can beat Miami four times out of seven in the playoffs, you should wait until this potential ECF matchup plays itself out.

what should wait? My predictions?

Yeah I'll wait until everything plays out before I start speculating about how things are gonna play out.

How bout we just lock the entire NBA forum until after the finals...

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2012, 06:05 PM
what should wait? My predictions?

Yeah I'll wait until everything plays out before I start speculating about how things are gonna play out.

How bout we just lock the entire NBA forum until after the finals...

Then don't get your panties in a wad when Heat fans "predict" that their team will turn things around during the playoffs just like they did last season and make it out of the East for a second year in a row.

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 06:10 PM
Then don't get your panties in a wad when Heat fans "predict" that their team will turn things around during the playoffs just like they did last season and make it out of the East for a second year in a row.

The subtle difference you might have missed the last dozen or so times I've pointed it out is that my predictions are based on the current season of the NBA. Heat fans' mantra for the past two years have been "regular season doesn't matter," (which is somewhat true, regular season doesn't always translate to the playoffs) but neither does last year.

I'm honestly not sure how I can be any more clear on that.

Alayla
04-13-2012, 06:17 PM
There are still confident Philly fans out there?

Good for you man, I thought they all jumped ship about two weeks ago..

We may get upset but we never jump ship id still perfer to see the bulls in the frist round then the heat tho

jimm120
04-13-2012, 06:24 PM
They arent playing like the 4th seed at all because they are the 8th seed, you cant say a team is playing like something they arent. Knicks are a poorly coached, poorly led team. Carmelo if you havent noticed has made the playoffs all years since in the league but only made it out of the 1st round once. Tyson Chandler who is a career 2nd pick bust who has been traded every other year for crap is your 3rd best player? Amare who will probably play 1 more year before he retires? and Jeremy Lin who suddenly turned into a complete *** and now has a huge ego is your pg of the future? Knicks are a terrible ran team.

Lol. You have NO imagination and spatial thinking, do you? You cannot infer what is meant by "Playing like a 4th seed, even though they aren't".

Its like saying Boston is playing like a strong #3 seed behind Miami and Chicago, even though they are only the 4th seed on a technicality, not because they have a better record than the 5th seed.

Please try to infer. Please try to drawn inference. Please try to reason. Please try to read more into it. Please try to analyze. Please try to use critical thinking.

They are the 8th seed, so they play like an 8th seed.

No. Milwaukee is the 9th seed and I can tell you right now that they've been playing better than Orlando and Philly. Hell, philly was a 3 seed and now are a 7th seed...but on the product of playing like a Non-playoff team (like the Nets...actually, I'd consider the Nets better lol).

All we're saying is that having to play Knicks and Boston is a tougher road because they aren't playing like "true" #8/#4 seeds, respectively. They're playing like a legit #4 seed (kind of like how Orlando used to be in previous years) and a powerhouse #3 seed (like Boston used to be last year and the year before).

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 06:29 PM

Well said

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2012, 06:48 PM
The subtle difference you might have missed the last dozen or so times I've pointed it out is that my predictions are based on the current season of the NBA. Heat fans' mantra for the past two years have been "regular season doesn't matter," (which is somewhat true, regular season doesn't always translate to the playoffs) but neither does last year.

I'm honestly not sure how I can be any more clear on that.

If we work from the initial premise that neither last year's playoffs nor this year's regular season matter, then we must accept that neither the Bulls fans' predictions nor the Heat fans' predictions are more worthy/logical/credited than the others.

I won't get riled up when Bulls fans draw broad generalizations and conclusions from this year's regular season results. And neither should you get your panties in a bunch when Heat fans point to last season's ECF as precedent for what this season's ECF will likely entail.

Neither hold much predictive value.

Shmontaine
04-13-2012, 07:40 PM
miami is far less intimidating than they were last year... IMO last year a lot of teams (bulls included) were caught up in the hype of the big 3... this year, more teams are realizing they can play against the heat, and the heat aren't some unstoppable force...

i love that these two miami fans "won't even be worried" about the bulls until they beat the heat in a playoff series... so, the time to be worried is after the heat are already eliminated?? pure arrogance at it's finest...

i'm not saying the bulls will undoubtedly beat the heat in the postseason, but you two lose a lot of credibility IMO when you spout this 'regular season champs' and 'last year' and 'until the bulls beat the heat' rhetoric...

the heat are the favorites, sure... i've always said that... but the bulls look like a stronger team than last year, and the heat look (at best) the same... last night, it seemed like heat's game plan was to stop drose (had lebron guarding him much earlier in the game), which they did (effective defense, drose still rusty). they didn't have a clue how to stop the rest of the bulls...

MTL_123
04-13-2012, 07:48 PM
miami is far less intimidating than they were last year... IMO last year a lot of teams (bulls included) were caught up in the hype of the big 3... this year, more teams are realizing they can play against the heat, and the heat aren't some unstoppable force...

i love that these two miami fans "won't even be worried" about the bulls until they beat the heat in a playoff series... so, the time to be worried is after the heat are already eliminated?? pure arrogance at it's finest...

i'm not saying the bulls will undoubtedly beat the heat in the postseason, but you two lose a lot of credibility IMO when you spout this 'regular season champs' and 'last year' and 'until the bulls beat the heat' rhetoric...

the heat are the favorites, sure... i've always said that... but the bulls look like a stronger team than last year, and the heat look (at best) the same... last night, it seemed like heat's game plan was to stop drose (had lebron guarding him much earlier in the game), which they did (effective defense, drose still rusty). they didn't have a clue how to stop the rest of the bulls...

lol u guys beat us 3-0 how is that being caught in the hype even boozer said that its the big 2 explain to me how is that caught in the hype

DaBear
04-13-2012, 07:49 PM
No. The point is that the only team that was able to stop Miami was not your team. And so until your team proves it can beat Miami four times out of seven in the playoffs, you and your fellow Bulls homers should wait until this potential ECF matchup plays itself out. And few Heat fans think our favorite team is unstoppable. We've merely been here before and, as a result, are confident that our team can turn things around in the playoffs and end up coming out of the East.

Miami homers never say "we'll wait to prove we can beat Dallas." You guys act like you're better than them, and even made excuses on why you lost last year.

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 07:51 PM

Cool.

MTL_123
04-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Miami homers never say "we'll wait to prove we can beat Dallas." You guys act like you're better than them, and even made excuses on why you lost last year.

find me these things lol all the heats fans know that we lost cuz lebron choked thats why and we except it unlike u bulls fans that talk so much **** even tho u guys didnt even make it to the finals saying stupid excuses like
rose was tired and etc thats why u guys lost.

DaBear
04-13-2012, 07:56 PM
find me these things lol all the heats fans know that we lost cuz lebron choked thats why and we except it unlike u bulls fans that talk so much **** even tho u guys didnt even make it to the finals saying stupid excuses like
rose was tired and etc thats why u guys lost.

No they don't.

And why can't you say Dallas was a better team?

MTL_123
04-13-2012, 08:02 PM
No they don't.

And why can't you say Dallas was a better team?

lol no **** dallas was a better team but the difference from us and u is that we except it we lost. u guys are in this illusion that the only reason why u guys lost was because rose was Tired ya because he was the only player playing right.

DaBear
04-13-2012, 08:05 PM
lol no **** dallas was a better team but the difference from us and u is that we except it we lost. u guys are in this illusion that the only reason why u guys lost was because rose was Tired ya because he was the only player playing right.

He was the only offense last year. That has changed.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2012, 08:31 PM
The Bulls' offensive efficiency has increased this season, but their shooting percentages have decreased. The change in efficiency is largely due to better offensive rebounding. If you can limit their offensive rebounds (admittedly a big if), you can stymie their offense.

Bulls 2011 TS% = 54.1% (15th in NBA)
Bulls 2012 TS% = 52.5% (17th in NBA)

Bulls 2011 EFF FG% = 50.1% (12th in NBA)
Bulls 2012 EFF FG% = 49.1% (13th in NBA)

Bulls 2011 Offensive Rebound Rate = 29.4 (4th in NBA)
Bulls 2012 Offensive Rebound Rate = 33.0 (1st in NBA)

Bulls 2011 Offensive Rebounds Per Game = 11.8 (6th in NBA)
Bulls 2012 Offensive Rebounds Per Game = 14.1 (1st in NBA)

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/trueShootingPct/year/2011

redwhitenblue
04-14-2012, 07:24 AM
The Bulls' offensive efficiency has increased this season, but their shooting percentages have decreased. The change in efficiency is largely due to better offensive rebounding. If you can limit their offensive rebounds (admittedly a big if), you can stymie their offense.

Bulls 2011 TS% = 54.1% (15th in NBA)
Bulls 2012 TS% = 52.5% (17th in NBA)

Bulls 2011 EFF FG% = 50.1% (12th in NBA)
Bulls 2012 EFF FG% = 49.1% (13th in NBA)

Bulls 2011 Offensive Rebound Rate = 29.4 (4th in NBA)
Bulls 2012 Offensive Rebound Rate = 33.0 (1st in NBA)

Bulls 2011 Offensive Rebounds Per Game = 11.8 (6th in NBA)
Bulls 2012 Offensive Rebounds Per Game = 14.1 (1st in NBA)

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/trueShootingPct/year/2011
Yep, all you have to do is hope Omer Asik has a broken leg again and can't play.

jp611
04-14-2012, 07:46 AM
Good luck stopping us from rebounding

oak2455
04-14-2012, 08:51 AM

Ummmm nope 7 th spot now own the tie breaker and your boy Superman is a cripple sooooooo 6 th spot is looking good .... Ohhhh btw thanks for you guys winning one last night ... :D

oak2455
04-14-2012, 08:54 AM

Dont bother he's the kid that licks the window on the bus...... Btw great post!!!!:clap: as usual:eyebrow:

TylerSL
04-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Such a useless thread. Nobody gets a cakewalk to the ECF. If Miami faces those teams, its because they earned a spot in the confernece quarterfinals and semifinals.