PDA

View Full Version : Rajon Rondo is nearing historic territory!

xnick5757
04-12-2012, 04:54 PM
On pace to become only the fourth player ever to have an AST% over 50 (currently 51.4%, players who have done it - Stockton, Paul and Nash)

and

With one more double-digit assist game, he will become the 3rd player in NBA history to have a 20 game streak of double-digit assists, joining Stockton and Magic.

Stockton
Magic
Nash
Paul

^ that's pretty damn good company

He115ing
04-12-2012, 04:56 PM
good luck to Rondo, hope he gets it.

justinnum1
04-12-2012, 04:56 PM
He can thank his teammates for stepping it tup

willabeast77
04-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Good to him. I could see him just missing the feat soon enough. (Not recording 10+ assists)

Baller1
04-12-2012, 05:08 PM
There's no doubt he's an incredible passer, it's too bad his shot is so pathetic.

Swashcuff
04-12-2012, 05:10 PM
This really makes me wonder how good Rondo would be if he was a better shooter. Would he possibly be a slightly better/ equal version of Chris Paul?

Greet
04-12-2012, 05:17 PM
This really makes me wonder how good Rondo would be if he was a better shooter. Would he possibly be a slightly better/ equal version of Chris Paul?

It's safe to assume that if Rondo was a better scorer, his passing #s would go down as well.

I don't believe he would be as good as CP3, or even a Nash. He could be more with Deron and Rose.

Hustlenomics
04-12-2012, 05:19 PM
he's been making bradley, bass, and steimsa better

Swashcuff
04-12-2012, 05:21 PM
It's safe to assume that if Rondo was a better scorer, his passing #s would go down as well.

I don't believe he would be as good as CP3, or even a Nash. He could be more with Deron and Rose.

Thing is I didn't say scorer. I say shooter. So in all honesty its not safe to assume because Nash is still a better passer and shooter than Rondo but he doesn't score that much more than Rondo does.

If Rondo was a better shooter that doesn't necessarily mean his entire game will change, he could still be a super pass first PG with high quality D top and tier rebounding.

Greet
04-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Thing is I didn't say scorer. I say shooter. So in all honesty its not safe to assume because Nash is still a better passer and shooter than Rondo but he doesn't score that much more than Rondo does.

If Rondo was a better shooter that doesn't necessarily mean his entire game will change, he could still be a super pass first PG with high quality D top and tier rebounding.

Would just cause defenses to play tighter on him. Which could hurt, or help his game.

Swashcuff
04-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Would just cause defenses to play tighter on him. Which could hurt, or help his game.

Being a better shooter would in no way hurt Rondo's game. He'd be able to convert at a higher rate from the line, would open up even better passing lanes for him since defenses would play him differently and would make him a much better overall offensive player. I don't see him being a better shooter hurting his game in the very least. As it stands the way opposing defenses play him limits his passing (or at least that's the attempt) so imagine if their defensive game plan was changed.

Greet
04-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Being a better shooter would in no way hurt Rondo's game. He'd be able to convert at a higher rate from the line, would open up even better passing lanes for him since defenses would play him differently and would make him a much better overall offensive player. I don't see him being a better shooter hurting his game in the very least. As it stands the way opposing defenses play him limits his passing (or at least that's the attempt) so imagine if their defensive game plan was changed.

Sorry, I didn't mean his overall game. More about his passing game.

Green_Monster
04-12-2012, 05:56 PM
There's a difference between scoring and shooting. Because Rondo CAN score, however, he CAN'T shoot.

ccspence8
04-12-2012, 06:10 PM
His jumpshot is sporadic. He nailed a bunch against the Heat then the next game he couldn't nail **** against the Hawks.

icon1914
04-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Oscar Robinson never had a 20 game streak of double digit assist?

EYDI819
04-12-2012, 06:19 PM
I hope after KG, Pierce and Allen is retired, Rondo gets a scorer where he can pass to. The kid got some talent in passing balls. You cant get an assist if the player you passed it to doesn't make the basket

Raph12
04-12-2012, 06:22 PM
On pace to become only the fourth player ever to have an AST% over 50 (currently 51.4%, players who have done it - Stockton, Paul and Nash)

and

With one more double-digit assist game, he will become the 3rd player in NBA history to have a 20 game streak of double-digit assists, joining Stockton and Magic.

Stockton
Magic
Nash
Paul

^ that's pretty damn good company

Magic never did it, his highest assist rate was 49.3%; and CP3 was the only one to do it with a turnover rate lower than 20%. CP3 had a 54.5%/13.5% ratio in 2009 and a 52.2%/12.1% assist/turnover ratio in 2008. The next closest of all the guys mentioned, was Stockton at 57.4%/19.7%.

And people still question why stat-lovers idolize CP3 as the perfect PG. :pity:

SteveNash
04-12-2012, 06:39 PM
AST% is a really meaningless stat.

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 06:45 PM
AST% is a really meaningless stat.

says the person who thinks the magic are a dominant contender

Teeboy1487
04-12-2012, 06:46 PM
To think Boston wanted to trade him. What idiots for a thought to ever cross their minds.

xk4
04-12-2012, 06:58 PM
They didn't want to trade him. He was offered for CP3, but that had absolutely no traction from the get go

The other crap involving Pau Gasol, etc, just a bunch of baseless rumors

DaVille
04-12-2012, 07:10 PM
6ft tall point guard out rebounding forwards and center is an astonishing feat.

Swashcuff
04-12-2012, 07:13 PM
6ft tall point guard out rebounding forwards and center is an astonishing feat.

IKR that Kyle Lowry is something else. :p

Kashmir13579
04-12-2012, 08:12 PM

Steve Nash with defense?

Not that anyone can actually shoot the rock like Stevie do.

Kashmir13579
04-12-2012, 08:17 PM
I always thought he was underrated by those who harp on his lack of jumper. When you're so dominant in other areas of the game the ends justify the means. I don't mean he's as good as Chris Paul, but i like his game more than the Westbrooks, Roses, and Marburys of the world.

Rondo's biggest flaw in my opinion isn't his jumpshot, its that he's too unselfish. They aren't mutually exclusive by any-means, but still... If he'd just look to score a tiny bit more... But thats what makes him Rondo i guess.

The dudes game has a ton of character and he is highly effective despite his flaws.

Swashcuff
04-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Steve Nash with defense?

Not that anyone can actually shoot the rock like Stevie do.

Yeah I wasn't thinking quite Nash's level with the shooting that's a bit too much to ask for :laugh2:

Thing Rondo would have on that type of Nash however is the fact that he's a solid rebounder for the PG (though that my not be the most important thing in the world it still says something) and he's a bit more athletic than Nash is.

Kashmir13579
04-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Yeah I wasn't thinking quite Nash's level with the shooting that's a bit too much to ask for :laugh2:

Thing Rondo would have on that type of Nash however is the fact that he's a solid rebounder for the PG (though that my not be the most important thing in the world it still says something) and he's a bit more athletic than Nash is.

I think their court vision is basically identical. I might catch some flack for that. :hide:

Swashcuff
04-12-2012, 08:26 PM
I think their court vision is basically identical. I might catch some flack for that. :hide:

I can agree with you there. Nash however was/is a better floor general IMO.

Mcdoh
04-12-2012, 08:32 PM
hope he gets there..goodluck.. just needs to work in his jumpshots..

Bigdaddyburch
04-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Wow that is impressive for sure. I hope he does it.

tredigs
04-12-2012, 08:36 PM
I bestow props on thee Rajon Rondo - urban for respect.

ewing
04-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Most ubderrated player in the NBA

daisuke4cy
04-12-2012, 08:41 PM
most ubderrated player in the nba

x2

FraziersKnicks
04-12-2012, 08:45 PM

I don't think he controls a game as well as CP3.. Paul's basketball IQ is just superior as well, he's just such an intelligent player.

BSplaya2121
04-12-2012, 08:53 PM
There's no doubt he's an incredible passer, it's too bad his shot is so pathetic.

If rondo had a much better shot, there is no doubt in my mind he would become a top 10 player in the NBA, maybe even top 5

Kashmir13579
04-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Most ubderrated player in the NBA

I think i agree.

I'm sure there is someone i'm forgetting though...

hugepatsfan
04-12-2012, 09:09 PM
If Rondo could shoot teams would guard him tighter and that would close a lot of his passing lanes. He's such a great passer that it overcomes his sooting woes a bit (because he uses the extra space the defense gives him as a result of his poor shot to make more creative passes). The problem is that space lets him make more daring passes, which leads to some turnovers. I'd be real interested to see how defenses would play him if he could shoot and how it would affect his game. Too bad we'll probably never find out...

blastmasta26
04-13-2012, 11:33 AM
I think i agree.

I'm sure there is someone i'm forgetting though...
Melo? :p