PDA

View Full Version : Is the East a Two-Team Race?

JasonJohnHorn
04-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Everybdoy knows that the Bulls and Heat seem to be standing head-and-shoulders above ever team in the East right now, with little separating them from each other. So is this year's playoffs going to see one of these two teams in the finals, or do some of the other teams have a chance to steal the Eastern Conference title away from these guys? Boston's been playing great lately, they got the vets and the experience to win. Indy has been playing soldid ball all year and have depth required to win a long series, and the 76ers, despite their recent woes, could beat anybody if they are playing at their full potential.

Thoughts?

Longhornfan1234
04-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Bulls and Celtics are the best teams ...IMO.

LeBron would have to play God like to make it to the Finals. Bosh is not playing well, Wade is declining, and the bench is full of scrubs. I'm not sure if LeBron can carry the Heat again like last year.

blastmasta26
04-12-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm voting yes although it's not that clear cut. I think either Chicago or Miami will indeed be the East-representing team, but Boston has an outside chance at making it.

NYKnickFanatic
04-12-2012, 02:59 PM
IMHO, it will either be Miami, Chicago or Boston. I think Boston could make it, IF they meet they meet Miami in the ECF. If they meet the Bulls, I dont think they have a chance.

But I will vote yes.

blastmasta26
04-12-2012, 03:00 PM
IMHO, it will either be Miami, Chicago or Boston. I think Boston could make it, IF they meet they meet Miami in the ECF. If they meet the Bulls, I dont think they have a chance.

But I will vote yes.
Agree with this. Bulls' rebounding and size would give them trouble.

EYDI819
04-12-2012, 03:05 PM
I think its a 3 team race. Heat, Bulls and Celts. They basically have the same lineup.

PG - Chalmers/Rose/Rondo - This can go for Rose or Rondo (skill)
SG - Wade/Rip/Allen - This can go to wade (youth)
SF - LBJ/Deng/Pierce - Pierce and LBJ got the edge
PF - Bosh/Boozer/Bass - Pretty much even
C - Anthony/Noah/KG - Height wise they are all close except KG got the most talent of the 3 but the oldest.

As you can see, there is not really a team that you can say that can run away with it skillwise. The record may show otherwise but like what most knowledgeable analyst/players may say, Regular Season is Regular Season. Playoffs is where it Matters.

PacersForLife
04-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Me being a Pacers fan I think the Pacers, Celtics, and Knicks have the best chance at an upset. The Heat and Bulls are the top two teams, but I could see an upset from any of those 3 teams.

Raph12
04-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Lol at you mentioning each and every playoffs team out East, outside of the Magic...

Orlando > Indy and Philly #just saying

PacersForLife
04-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Lol at you mentioning each and every playoffs team out East, outside of the Magic...

Eh, we'll see.

effen5
04-12-2012, 03:33 PM
You would have to include Boston in this conversation....

justinnum1
04-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Boston can beat either team. So sure

Mr Haha
04-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Miama looks vulnerable, unfocused. Chicago needs to prove they can score consistently in the playoffs. Celtics look real good, suddenly. Indy has loads of talent. Knicks can play with anyone on a given night.

No way is it cut-ant-dry in the East.

justinnum1
04-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Still see miami and chicago in the ECF

blastmasta26
04-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Me being a Pacers fan I think the Pacers, Celtics, and Knicks have the best chance at an upset. The Heat and Bulls are the top two teams, but I could see an upset from any of those 3 teams.
Pacers, I don't know, depends on match-ups and even then, I'm not sure it would happen.

Knicks would have to be at full health but bench inconsistency plus the lack of chemistry between Lin, Amare, and Melo would probably hold them back.

Celtics I can see upsetting Miami, but I think the Bulls match up with them well enough to prevent an upset.

northsider
04-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Anything can happen and nothing is a guarantee. No way I can say without a doubt the Bulls and Heat are the only two teams. Favorites sure but, there are no guarantee's in sports.

setman2000
04-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Boston has an outside chance - maybe 10%.

ne3xchamps
04-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Don't sleep on the c's. The way they are playing, teams don't want to face them in the playoffs.

The heat won't make the nba finals without help from the refs, IMO.

Donuts365
04-12-2012, 10:01 PM
4 team race celtics heat bulls knicks only two teams i see can cause a upset right now with bulls or heat

kenzo400
04-12-2012, 10:12 PM
NY is going to get swept first round. I don't understand why everyone always thinks they are the dark horse. They got swept by Boston last year and this year isn't going to be any better.

AntiG
04-12-2012, 10:37 PM
NY is going to get swept first round. I don't understand why everyone always thinks they are the dark horse. They got swept by Boston last year and this year isn't going to be any better.

Completely different Knicks team. They've become one of the league's best defensive squads, have a ton of firepower and tremendous depth (especially if Lin makes it back during the first round). They'll give ANYONE fits and while its a huge longshot that they make it out of the first, if there's a low seed that can upset Chicago or Miami, its them.

Its going to come down to Miami, Boston or Chicago though, with Miami and Boston being the favorites IMO. I just don't believe in Chicago despite their record.

cssdmark
04-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Yes it is a two team race in the East, New York and Boston. Go Knicks

IndyRealist
04-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Miami looks like they have problems, but let's remember that the Bulls have been steamrolling the league without Derrick Rose. I can't see anyone in the East beating them in a 7 game series, including my Pacers. If I had to pick a team, it'd be Boston first because they're peaking at the right time, then the Pacers for the same reason.

Da Knicks
04-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Celtics are the most complete team in the east have the vets post up player in pierce. Kg brings the defense and Allen is no slouch, Rondo makes it all work. I just have a feeling my Knicks make it all the way and take it hope someone quotes me!

Pierzynski4Prez
04-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Celtics can definitely make some noise.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Chicago = 35%
Miami = 35%
Boston = 20%
The Field = 10%

Sinestro
04-13-2012, 01:09 AM
Chicago = 35%
Miami = 35%
Boston = 20%
The Field = 10%

That sounds about right

Southsideheat
04-13-2012, 02:33 AM
Boston can beat the heat, but cant beat Chicago, too much size disparity. Chicago would rather play the Celtics than Indiana. Heat will the same amount of trouble beating the celtics as they would do with Chicago. It's all about matchups.

xk4
04-13-2012, 02:35 AM
The Knicks worry me more than Miami or Chicago. They have so much firepower.

In fact, I'm really pulling for the Knicks to move up to 7 so Miami can't just cruise through the first round.

redwhitenblue
04-13-2012, 02:42 AM
Haven't the Bulls gone 3-1 against BOS including a very recent win during BOS's good run? I think BOS would much rather play MIA than CHI?

I include BOS in the big 3, I don't think any of the others can top these 3 in a full 7 game series. Any of those teams can bring a good series, 6 games for some, but for the most part they simply can't compete in a 7 game series.

xxcubs22xx
04-13-2012, 02:51 AM
Chicago - 35%
Miami - 28%
Boston - 25%
Indy - 7%
Rest of the EC - 5%

I can't even believe that people think the Knicks are in the conversation. I mean, really?

CudiOnMyiPod
04-13-2012, 03:01 AM
Darkhorse team: Indiana Pacers

This is a very dangerous team. Danny Granger can blow uo for 30 on any given night while Paul George is a star in the making. George Hill and Leandro Barbosa are a very formidable backcourt. David West and Tyler Hansbrough is a very good PF duo. Not to mention All-Star center Roy Hibbert.

I think that Chicago is the favorite to win the title. Miami is a very close 2nd.

I think that team chemistry is huge in winning titles and Chicago has the best chemistry in the league.

redwhitenblue
04-13-2012, 03:04 AM
Darkhorse team: Indiana Pacers

This is a very dangerous team. Danny Granger can blow uo for 30 on any given night while Paul George is a star in the making. George Hill and Leandro Barbosa are a very formidable backcourt. David West and Tyler Hansbrough is a very good PF duo. Not to mention All-Star center Roy Hibbert.

I think that Chicago is the favorite to win the title. Miami is a very close 2nd.

I think that team chemistry is huge in winning titles and Chicago has the best chemistry in the league.
Indiana is coming off a horrible March though, including 2-6 vs the current East playoff teams (they're 1-1 this month). They need these last few weeks to get really rolling, their D is a question mark.

LakersMaster24
04-13-2012, 03:05 AM
I dont see Boston beating Bulls or Heat.

Forever35
04-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Everybdoy knows that the Bulls and Heat seem to be standing head-and-shoulders above ever team in the East right now, with little separating them from each other. So is this year's playoffs going to see one of these two teams in the finals, or do some of the other teams have a chance to steal the Eastern Conference title away from these guys? Boston's been playing great lately, they got the vets and the experience to win. Indy has been playing soldid ball all year and have depth required to win a long series, and the 76ers, despite their recent woes, could beat anybody if they are playing at their full potential.

Thoughts?

How do the C's feel about that analysis....???

nycericanguy
04-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Chicago - 35%
Miami - 28%
Boston - 25%
Indy - 7%
Rest of the EC - 5%

I can't even believe that people think the Knicks are in the conversation. I mean, really?

Did you not see NY with a 27-6 lead against CHI? Without Lin, Stat or JJ?

Knicks are better than the Pacers, they absolutely spanked them 2 straight days of a back to back, not easy to do, and the 3rd game they had a 17 point lead in the 4th. If you watched those 3 games, even though IND came back and won 1 of the games, Knicks were clearly far and above the better team.

They also spanked ORL two staight meetings, again, if you watched those 2 games Knicks were clearly the better team.

Knicks would need Stat and or Lin to be healthy and semi-productive though to have a chance though. I don't see them beating ANYONE with an injured Davis at PG.

Blitzbolt
04-13-2012, 10:18 AM
I have Heat-Pacers or Celtics-Heat.

With the Heat going to the Finals.

Team*Chicago
04-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Weather you people like it or not the Bulls are going to the ECF and their opponent will most definitely be the heat. This is more like a 2 and a half team race with the Celtics being the half team and Bulls and heat being the full 1 and 2 teams, the rest of the eastern conferance teams don't stand a chance and their just making it t the playoffs just to get their ***** kicked by Chicago, cryami or maybe Boston.

Ladies Man
04-13-2012, 10:58 AM
If its not the Bulls and Heat in the ECF I will be very surprised

jtrinaldi
04-13-2012, 11:09 AM
If the Bucks get in as the 7th seed They will beat the Heat. Beat them BUMS 2WICE this season. I really cant wait to see the look on Lebron's ***** *** face when BJ#3 hits the game winning jumpshot to knock dem ****ers out. Lebron ain't gonna have to worry about getting his ring this year cause da bucks are gonna knock his *** out 1st round.
Speaking the Truth
Fear the ****ing Deer!!!

72 Wins
04-13-2012, 11:13 AM
I don't like the fact the media has already crowned the Heat/Bulls. Boston is a force that can pull it together come playoff time. I give respect to all the teams in the east.... except for maybe NY.

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 11:20 AM
im getting pretty sick of hearing "the knicks/pacers/sixers can beat anyone on a given night."

negro, so can the raptors.

Bulls 40%
Heat 35%
Celtics 15%

EYDI819
04-13-2012, 12:03 PM
im getting pretty sick of hearing "the knicks/pacers/sixers can beat anyone on a given night."

negro, so can the raptors.

Bulls 40%
Heat 35%
Celtics 15%

so the other 10% is for who?

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 12:17 PM
so the other 10% is for who?

atl, orl, ind, nyk, phi. ;)

EYDI819
04-13-2012, 12:19 PM
atl, orl, ind, nyk, phi. ;)

you are mean sir... just gave everybody else 2% :laugh2::laugh2:

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 12:26 PM
you are mean sir... just gave everybody else 2% :laugh2::laugh2:

hehe. just how i see it.:D

todu82
04-13-2012, 01:13 PM
No, I think Boston is good enough to put up a challenge to Miami and Chicago.

oak2455
04-13-2012, 01:28 PM

NY>>>>>Orlando>>>>Indy>>>>Philly:D:D

oak2455
04-13-2012, 01:30 PM
I dont see Boston beating Bulls or Heat.

though they just beat the Heat twice......makes sense:clap::clap:

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 02:51 PM
though they just beat the Heat twice......makes sense:clap::clap:

Boston is the one team that really scares me in the east, that would be a long series but heat would win it imo. Or wade will just break rondos arm again:cool:

redwhitenblue
04-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Did you not see NY with a 27-6 lead against CHI? Without Lin, Stat or JJ?

Knicks are better than the Pacers, they absolutely spanked them 2 straight days of a back to back, not easy to do, and the 3rd game they had a 17 point lead in the 4th. If you watched those 3 games, even though IND came back and won 1 of the games, Knicks were clearly far and above the better team.

They also spanked ORL two staight meetings, again, if you watched those 2 games Knicks were clearly the better team.

Knicks would need Stat and or Lin to be healthy and semi-productive though to have a chance though. I don't see them beating ANYONE with an injured Davis at PG.
I saw them blow that lead and barely win in OT. I saw them get spanked two days later by CHI.

nycericanguy
04-13-2012, 04:25 PM
I saw them blow that lead and barely win in OT. I saw them get spanked two days later by CHI.

Spanked? I wouldn't call a 10 point win a spanking.

Fact is their previous 3 meetings were all decided by 5 points or less. All those games were right down to the wire, I would expect the same in the playoffs, especially if NY gets Stat, Lin & JJ back.

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 04:26 PM
lin will not be back for the frist round

k.smith904
04-13-2012, 04:32 PM

thats really gonna hurt his chances for MVP.

justinnum1
04-13-2012, 04:45 PM
thats really gonna hurt his chances for MVP.

:facepalm:

He has MIP locked up

smood999
04-13-2012, 05:14 PM
what teams in the league have been playing better than the celtics and knicks for the past month and a half?! give credit where credit is due...and im not talking about the celtics, they get it already...knicks cant play d...top 5 in the league in defense efficiency, top 2 since since woodson took over (16 game span)..if it was any other team im sure theyd be getting so much praise...ie sixers in the beginning of the season,celtics now...and others...

Captain Moroni
04-14-2012, 01:34 AM

Absolutely, because nothing has changed since last season. Mike Dantoni is still the coach, toney Douglas still the starting point guard, Tyson chandler still in Dallas, jr smith still in Denver, iman shumpert still in college, still running the speedball offense still are horrible on defense, baron Davis is a cav, and melo still hasn't had a full practice since we traded 5 people for him 6weeks ago. Yup youre right.

Captain Moroni
04-14-2012, 01:36 AM

Maybe, but we're winning without him, just ask Chicago, Milwaukee, Orlando, etc... Knicks are still winning. Playing great defense.

LASportsFan1996
04-14-2012, 03:42 AM
Watch Out For Orlando, If D12 Is Healthy/Playing Hard And Indiana

metsfan4ever
04-14-2012, 03:44 AM
****** still sleeping on them knicks

HrtHustleNMscle
04-14-2012, 11:04 AM
How do the C's feel about that analysis....???

Probably however any team feels when they go 1-3 feels against a team that is better than them, not very confident but think they have an outside chance. They probably know the Bulls are a better team now, but in their minds still think they have one last run at this, which is dangerous.

nycericanguy
04-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Point differential is usually a good indicator of the good teams.

Knicks have the 6th best point differential in the NBA. Knicks are not the usual 31-28 team. They are 13-4 under woodson, have the best defense in the NBA since the ASB, and 4th overall. They got off to a horrendous 8-15 start, but since then they've been one of the better teams in the NBA.

redwhitenblue
04-14-2012, 03:39 PM
what teams in the league have been playing better than the celtics and knicks for the past month and a half?! give credit where credit is due...and im not talking about the celtics, they get it already...knicks cant play d...top 5 in the league in defense efficiency, top 2 since since woodson took over (16 game span)..if it was any other team im sure theyd be getting so much praise...ie sixers in the beginning of the season,celtics now...and others...
Since the AS Break:
Bulls 18-6
Celtics 19-8
Knicks 14-10
Miami 14-10

Just saying.

redwhitenblue
04-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Point differential is usually a good indicator of the good teams.

Knicks have the 6th best point differential in the NBA. Knicks are not the usual 31-28 team. They are 13-4 under woodson, have the best defense in the NBA since the ASB, and 4th overall. They got off to a horrendous 8-15 start, but since then they've been one of the better teams in the NBA.
Is that statistically the best defensive team? And what defensive statistics are you using?