PDA

View Full Version : What Will Be Your Reaction...

NoahH
04-12-2012, 12:27 PM
What will be your reaction if the New Orleans Hornets pull the #1 pick and another high pick (top 5-ish) in the NBA draft this year? Also, what do you think the chance of this happening is?

Chronz
04-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Id say Kahn may have a point about the fluffy story lines with regards to the draft

PleaseBeNice
04-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Very high considering that they are league owned, and I will be pissed. i think it would really solidify the thought of the lottery being rigged

shep33
04-12-2012, 12:31 PM
The Cavs did it last year. #1 and #4 picks

NoahH
04-12-2012, 12:32 PM
The Cavs did it last year. #1 and #4 picks

Yup and everyone speculated it was gift-wrapped to them because of LeBron. If it happened two years in a row i think it would solidify the thought that the draft is rigged.

kozelkid
04-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Id say Kahn may have a point about the fluffy story lines with regards to the draft

I wouldn't.

I still don't understand why we talk about this idiotic conspiracy as far as the working of the lottery. I don't understand why NBA doesn't make more of an effort to throw this nonsense away once and for all. Every year, as the drawing proceeds, each team has a reporter that represents them during the process, but are not allowed to report anything while it's happening. The only reason they don't show the whole process is because it's tedious, very long and boring. I just don't understand why they don't make more of an effort to point this out so these talks would end.

The actual Lottery procedure will take place in a separate room prior to the national broadcast on ESPN with NBA officials and representatives of the participating teams and the accounting firm of Ernst & Young in attendance.

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_draft_lottery.shtml#ixzz1rqQZrZcc

Seriously, people need to quit whining about it being rigged. It clearly isn't.

dhopisthename
04-12-2012, 12:36 PM
their second pick has a 1.1% chance of moving up right now so a very small chance that they have 2 top 5 picks

lvlheaded
04-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Wouldn't shock me if they pull 1 and like 7, it would be very unlikely though for them to pull two top 5 picks as of right now.

Imagine if they some how got 1 and 2 though and got Davis and MKG to go with Gordon :speechless:

mjt20mik
04-12-2012, 12:57 PM
With David Stern, anything is possible.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-12-2012, 01:02 PM
At first my reaction would be :laugh2: cause the NBA is rigged. Then I would be like :shrug: cause it isnt really a big deal to me.

BALLER R
04-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Then it really proves that the draft is rigged.

BALLER R
04-12-2012, 01:04 PM
question which lottery team has the best or would have the best story line if they won the lottery? Thats the team that will get the #1 pick

Chronz
04-12-2012, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't.

I still don't understand why we talk about this idiotic conspiracy as far as the working of the lottery. I don't understand why NBA doesn't make more of an effort to throw this nonsense away once and for all. Every year, as the drawing proceeds, each team has a reporter that represents them during the process, but are not allowed to report anything while it's happening. The only reason they don't show the whole process is because it's tedious, very long and boring. I just don't understand why they don't make more of an effort to point this out so these talks would end.

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_draft_lottery.shtml#ixzz1rqQZrZcc

Seriously, people need to quit whining about it being rigged. It clearly isn't.

Dont worry bro I wasnt being serious, I dont buy the rigged argument either but the Ewing draft isnt so clear to me.

akia83
04-12-2012, 01:11 PM
The sad part is if they get the #4 and #11, nobody gonna say "It's not rigged".

blastmasta26
04-12-2012, 01:55 PM
It's definitely not rigged, regardless of what happens in the draft. All the lottery teams in some way observe the actual process. If there was actually something dubious about the process, there would be much more attention regarding it and many people would have talked about it to the media whether directly or as an anonymous source.