PDA

View Full Version : Does Kevin Garnett Get Number Retired By Wolves?

rhymeratic
04-12-2012, 10:48 AM
This is an interesting question.... he didn't bring them a championship but played his heart out for them for over a decade. Had to get get traded to the Celtics to finally win won. If you were a Wolves fan... do you think he deserves to have his Jersey retired for his contributions as a Timberwolf?

thekmp211
04-12-2012, 10:50 AM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YEAH

Swashcuff
04-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Best player in franchise history usually gets his jersey retired so I'd say yes.

Cal827
04-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Probably, but it's gonna take a while... based on his previous comments, he has issues with the T'wolves management/ownership.

thekmp211
04-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Probably, but it's gonna take a while... based on his previous comments, he has issues with the T'wolves management/ownership.

even still, if they don't retire his jersey number the first second possible, they should just board up the target center and move this franchise to seattle. it would be an unprecedented slap in the face, and the t-wolves franchise still owes garnett everything despite his somewhat bitter turn with boston (although playing for a legitimately run franchise must have angered him ever more in some ways which i get).

AnthonyTyrael
04-12-2012, 11:03 AM
They better should, no doubt here.

ManningToTyree
04-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Yeah. Best player they ever had and was there a long time.

mjt20mik
04-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Best player they had, but with the stuff that management and him had going on, I don't know. I know he'd still do it, just because he loves the city and loves the fans.

OC Knights #11
04-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Absolutely

LongIslandIcedZ
04-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Is there any chance they offer to do it and he say's no? There appears to be a good amount of bad blood between KG and management.

shep33
04-12-2012, 12:16 PM
He despises the franchise for some strange reason, all they did was make you the richest player in NBA history for a time

netsgiantsyanks
04-12-2012, 12:36 PM
he despises the front office, not the fans/city.

xk4
04-12-2012, 12:50 PM
No givsies backsies.

Stinkyoutsider
04-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Absolutely should retire his number. He's the first player everyone should think about when talking about the TWolves. It'll be a shame if it doesn't happen.

UPRock
04-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Of Course, that's like asking if the Cavaliers should retire LeBron James number, of course they should.

TrueFan420
04-12-2012, 03:42 PM
yea they should but i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt

Cfrey
04-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Yeah we should retire his jersey but all of you who are saying that the best player in franchise history should have their number retired are right... and thats why Kevin Love will be a lock to have his jersey retired..

KG will be second best in franchise history

PurpleJesus
04-12-2012, 03:47 PM
I went with no. I am a Wolves fan. For the type of numbers KG put up, and for how long he did it with the Wolves, he should have his number retired...but for how much animosity that there has been between ownership/management, and KG, I dont think it will happen.

Time may heal all wounds eventually though.

Lakers + Giants
04-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Minny should, i don't think boston should though.

thekmp211
04-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Yeah we should retire his jersey but all of you who are saying that the best player in franchise history should have their number retired are right... and thats why Kevin Love will be a lock to have his jersey retired..

love is amazing, but he's got a lot of ball to play before being in that convo. kg is one of the best forwards ever.

Swashcuff
04-12-2012, 04:06 PM

Love will be the best offensive player in the fanchise's history overall I don't see him coming near KG. This is coming from someone who has supported Love more than any Wolves fan not named Hawkeye15 here on PSD.

The difference between Kevin Garnett and Kevin Love is like the difference between Steve Nasg and Oscar Robertson.

Swashcuff
04-12-2012, 04:07 PM
I went with no. I am a Wolves fan. For the type of numbers KG put up, and for how long he did it with the Wolves, he should have his number retired...but for how much animosity that there has been between ownership/management, and KG, I dont think it will happen.

Time may heal all wounds eventually though.

Question is however is if it will but rather should the Wolves do so.

Kevj77
04-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Absolutely. KG made the Wolves respectable. They were an expansion team that was always in the lottery before he got there. He was their first star, made them a playoff team nearly every year, won an MVP and took them to the WCF. KG is the best player in franchise history and spent his prime in Minny.

It would be nothing, but sour grapes if they didn't.

DaVille
04-12-2012, 07:14 PM
I hope they don't because I want Kevin Garnett to be enshrined in the HOF as a Celtic.

EYDI819
04-12-2012, 07:42 PM
I hope they don't because I want Kevin Garnett to be enshrined in the HOF as a Celtic.

He can be retired for both the C's and the Wolves. A bunch of players got retired in different arenas. It will be funny though if he and pierce got retired in C's. I think the Celtics will have to add rafters because of all the retired numbers and their jerseys might be the first one with a 3 digit on it :D:D

they already have 20 jerseys retired :speechless::speechless:

MonroeFAN
04-12-2012, 08:01 PM
win win won

Lakers + Giants
04-12-2012, 09:08 PM
He can be retired for both the C's and the Wolves. A bunch of players got retired in different arenas. It will be funny though if he and pierce got retired in C's. I think the Celtics will have to add rafters because of all the retired numbers and their jerseys might be the first one with a 3 digit on it :D:D

they already have 20 jerseys retired :speechless::speechless:

Lakers would too but the lakers standards are much higher, makes it better IMO.

EYDI819
04-12-2012, 09:12 PM

basically the Celtics retired all the numbers that are in the Championship teams :D

Bruno
04-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Does KG get inducted into the hall as a Wolf or a Celtic?

UPRock
04-12-2012, 09:23 PM
As a Wolf, he spend his prime there and made history in that franchise.

Hawkeye15
04-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Yes, he will. As one of the most hardcore Wolves fans ever, I can say I will watch it, cherish the memories, but have a hard time looking at him due to his post-Wolves times. We (Wolves fans and the general fans who felt bad he never got the help) were blind to how big of a douche he is on the floor (not in real life, the guy is very nice), and now Celtics fans are the ones in denial about how big of an *** hole he is on the floor.

Thanks KG, but I am no longer a fan of yours.

xk4
04-13-2012, 04:02 AM
Ur mad bro.

KG talks trash and throws elbows sometimes. Larry Bird did the same thing. If it helps you win and the refs let it go, it's stupid not to do it.

abe_froman
04-13-2012, 04:04 AM
the saying goes there are no stupid questions...but this boarders on it

CoffeeJanitor
04-13-2012, 04:54 AM
This is an interesting question.... he didn't bring them a championship but played his heart out for them for over a decade. Had to get get traded to the Celtics to finally win won. If you were a Wolves fan... do you think he deserves to have his Jersey retired for his contributions as a Timberwolf?No question. He is the franchise's best player and led them to their best years.

Forever35
04-13-2012, 08:42 AM
No offense to Love, but KG brought Minny to 8 straight playoff appearances starting from his 2nd season... KG had a pretty tough time against the likes of:
The Dream, Shaq, Duncan, The Mailman...etc over that playoff stretch...

Yeah, he should be recognized when he retires... I'm also gonna checkout how Love is playing at age 35, and see if he's averaging 15 and 8...

thekmp211
04-13-2012, 09:02 AM

LOL classic trollage, but its lakers/celts so someone had to

Does KG get inducted into the hall as a Wolf or a Celtic?

I think he will get inducted as a celtic, personally. this i believe he has a choice of and i think the rings and the battles in boston will be priceless memories for a guy who festered in irrelevance for so long. that said, both teams will retire his number and rightfully so.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Ur mad bro.

KG talks trash and throws elbows sometimes. Larry Bird did the same thing. If it helps you win and the refs let it go, it's stupid not to do it.

Did Larry Bird ever get on both his hands and knees and bark and crawl like a dog at a kid half his size while going down the court in actual NBA game?