PDA

View Full Version : Cp3 = mvp

JasonJohnHorn
04-12-2012, 08:29 AM
It seems that most of the MVP chatter has LBJ as a lock for the award with Durant coming in a close second, and obviously with the numbers Kobe has been putting up he deserves to be in the conversation as well, but for me, it seems clear that CP3 has been the MVP of this regular season.

Last season the Clippers went 32-50, losing almost 5 games for every 3 wins. They had a very talented young guard in Gordon who was putting up impressive numbers, and had some depth in the front court with three solid palyers in Griffen, Jordan and Kaman. In the offseason the Clippers gave up what little depth they had and saw the departure of Gordon and Kaman. With these two contributors gone, it seems that this Clippers team would have had a hard time making up the difference. Considering what they gave up, one might assume that they might still endure a losing season before being able to add a couple of free agents or a draft pick, but CP3 has helped Jordan develop as a player, making him better evey night (much as he did for Chandler), and while the team he played last season finished 46-36, they are cellar dwellars this season without CP3, despite adding an all-star big man and getting a promising young guard in return. Now I admit that that David West's departure and injuries had a lot to do with why the Hornets have regressed so much, but lets face it, that team had no chance of being a .500 club in the west without Paul. The Hornet's record last season illustrates how many wins CP3 is worth, just as the huge turnaround for the Clippers illustrates what CP3 brings to the court. In 82 games last season this squad won only 32 games. In a stirke shorted season they have already won 35, and have not only improved enough to get into the playoffs, but have improved enough to get home court advantage in the first round. This is a huge jump up for a team in a single season. This kind of turnaround is akin to the type of turnaround that Steve Nash brought to Phoenix when he won MVP, and while LBJ, Durant and Kobe all have solid arguements for being the MVP this season, in my mind the clear cut choice for the award this season is CP3.

So do you think CP3 deserves the MVP?

NYKnicks4511
04-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Yes, you have convinced me.

/jk. It's LeBron or Durant.

YoungOne
04-12-2012, 09:08 AM
they got more than just cp3...

DITKA4GOV
04-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Nah, Durant then LBJ. Paul doesn't even compare to Drose last year, and everyone hated that pick last year.

blystr2002
04-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Actually, I think Billups made a huge difference and a lot of there wins were because of him not just CP3. As soon as Billups got injured the teams production took a hit and haven't been nearly as good. Obviously w/o CP3 they wouldn't be as good either, but he isn't MVP status.

thekmp211
04-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Actually, I think Billups made a huge difference and a lot of there wins were because of him not just CP3. As soon as Billups got injured the teams production took a hit and haven't been nearly as good. Obviously w/o CP3 they wouldn't be as good either, but he isn't MVP status.

dont let the sportscenter highlights fool you, the clippers are more talented the new orleans was but they are a flawed roster.

to me paul has been the best 4th quarter operator by a mile for the past two years. does everything, excellent vision, dead eye shooter, has an amazing feel for when to do what and his desire to get the shot never supercedes what the moment calls for.

i'll still take durant for his body of work this year, but if i'm building a 4th quarter starting 5 i'll take CP3, you take whoever and we'll figure it out from there.