PDA

View Full Version : Teams the top 3 seeds in each conference dont want to play?

xxplayerxx23
04-12-2012, 12:36 AM
there are some tight races going on in both the west and east, What would be some tough matchups for the top 3 seeds? What upsets could you see happening to one of the top 3 in either conference

Cal827
04-12-2012, 12:42 AM
New York could cause problems if Melo can play like he has recently (Amar'e coming back any day soon? just curious cause he could affect chemistry, not sure if good or bad lol)

In the West, I don't really see any big upsets... unless Memphis falls to 6th. I see them taking out.. WHOEVER they play in the first round.

justinnum1
04-12-2012, 12:50 AM
as a miami fan, the teams that scare me the most are

1. Boston
after boston no one really scares me but i can see indy pushing us to 6
and after indy maybe orlando since they take so many 3's, but if the hawks can sweep orlando im not to worried

DaBear
04-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Philly, Boston, and Orlando.

Sportfan
04-12-2012, 12:57 AM
Dallas

Lakerhead4ever
04-12-2012, 12:59 AM
As a laker fan The grizzlies scare me. I don't think they are a better team but for some reason they all play top notch when they play the purple and gold

Pakman
04-12-2012, 01:22 AM
The thunder. I dnt believe the lakers can beat them in any series this year. Just too athletic. Hopefully someone takes them out.

kblo247
04-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Spurs - Griz and Lakers
Thunder - Griz and Spurs
Lakers - Thunder and Rockets

Clippers and Mavs are getting rolled through

Raph12
04-12-2012, 02:05 AM
Indiana should be scared regardless...

YouCan'tBeatLA
04-12-2012, 02:10 AM
The Grizes and Thunder.

xxplayerxx23
04-12-2012, 01:41 PM

I agree, I see them losing in the first round

Jesse2272
04-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Boston
Dallas
Knicks
Memphis

Ladies Man
04-12-2012, 01:45 PM
No one really in my opinion. I sorta wish the NBA was more like NHL in a way that the conferences are more competitive. In the East it is just the Bulls and Heat

KmB728
04-12-2012, 01:49 PM
You mean those same Heat that lost to the Celtics 2 times in 10 days?

xxplayerxx23
04-12-2012, 01:50 PM
No one really in my opinion. I sorta wish the NBA was more like NHL in a way that the conferences are more competitive. In the East it is just the Bulls and Heat

I agree, In the Nba its very rare where a 1 seed gets upset in the first round Yes it happens but not often, the west is so good 1-8 but I think the east has the two best teams, IMO Okc is great but I think there slightly behin the bulls and heat, now with that being said Okc def can win it all, I think Memphis for the west is def a team to be feared, Boston for the east, there playing some great ball and have people to take over.

PacersForLife
04-12-2012, 03:37 PM

Can I ask why?

Raph12
04-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Can I ask why?

Magic beat you 3-1, Heat beat you 3-1, Hawks beat you 2-1, Knicks beat you 2-1, split with Chitown, Boston and Philly... You guys don't really matchup well with any team out East.

EYDI819
04-12-2012, 03:59 PM
In the west, 5-8 are pretty solid and can upset 1-4
In the east, Boston and New York

2-ONE-5
04-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Praying the Sixers can get the 6th seed (if they cant catch Boston) and get Indy

AceMan
04-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Chicago: the Knicks. Shump is one of the better Rose defenders in the league, and you never want to go against a low seed with someone like Melo who could explode for 50 on any given night.

Miami: The Celtics. They're playing so well right now, and they always get up for Miami. Bosh is afraid of KG, it's actually kind of funny.

Indiana: Does it matter?

OKC: Dallas. Dirk jizzed on them last year and it's never good when young teams go against the defending champs.

San Antonio: Memphis, the Spurs can't handle those bigs

LA Lakers: Clippers, the Clips get up for them and it's hard for such an old team to handle Lob City.

Method28
04-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Spurs - Griz and Lakers
Thunder - Griz and Spurs
Lakers - Thunder and Rockets

Clippers and Mavs are getting rolled through

Says the laker fan

THE MTL
04-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Why is everyone naming potential 2nd round or conference Final matchups. I thought this thread was geared more towards potential first round upsets for the Top 3 seeds in each conference.

Indiana (east's 3rd seed). They can get upset by anyone in the bottom half of the East if you ask me.

Knicks (east's 8th seed) Healthy with Lin and Stat, they can easily upset Chicago. But there will be no Lin and Stat has to get healthy first.

Dallas (west's 6th seed). For the sake of being defending champs. I'll say they might upset. But its hard too see beating any of the top West teams without Barea or Chandler.

Denver. Now if they held onto Nene, they could upset any of the top 3 teams in my opinion, but now with their center situation I doubt it anymore.

PacersForLife
04-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Magic beat you 3-1, Heat beat you 3-1, Hawks beat you 2-1, Knicks beat you 2-1, split with Chitown, Boston and Philly... You guys don't really matchup well with any team out East.

Regular season does matter to a point, but at the end of the day the playoffs aren't the regular season. Some teams step it up in the playoffs and I think the Pacers will do so.

Also, why so much dis-respect for a 3rd seed?

justinnum1
04-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Why is everyone naming potential 2nd round or conference Final matchups. I thought this thread was geared more towards potential first round upsets for the Top 3 seeds in each conference.

Indiana (east's 3rd seed). They can get upset by anyone in the bottom half of the East if you ask me.

Knicks (east's 8th seed) Healthy with Lin and Stat, they can easily upset Chicago. But there will be no Lin and Stat has to get healthy first.

Dallas (west's 6th seed). For the sake of being defending champs. I'll say they might upset. But its hard too see beating any of the top West teams without Barea or Chandler.

Denver. Now if they held onto Nene, they could upset any of the top 3 teams in my opinion, but now with their center situation I doubt it anymore.

:confused:

They would have a worse chance with stat imo.

haggis

lol

justinnum1
Regular season does matter to a point, but at the end of the day the playoffs aren't the regular season. Some teams step it up in the playoffs and I think the Pacers will do so.

Regular season dont mean ****. Last year bulls won 3-0 vs miami, how did that end? celtics won 3-1 vs miami(that series would have gone 6 or 7 if rondo didnt get hurt)

PacersForLife
04-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Regular season dont mean ****. Last year bulls won 3-0 vs miami, how did that end? celtics won 3-1 vs miami(that series would have gone 6 or 7 if rondo didnt get hurt)

That's what I'm sayin'....

Raph12
04-12-2012, 05:38 PM

I agree the playoffs are a completely different monster, but personally, I don't think the Pacers have any matchups that they can exploit against any team in the playoffs.

Oh and that "3rd seed" is two losses away from becoming a 6th seed. #just saying

Right because Indy is holding back like the Heat are right?... Try again.

justinnum1
04-12-2012, 05:43 PM
I agree the playoffs are a completely different monster, but personally, I don't think the Pacers have any matchups that they can exploit against any team in the playoffs.

Oh and that "3rd seed" is two losses away from becoming a 6th seed. #just saying

Right because Indy is holding back like the Heat are right?... Try again.

You try again, your not going to convince me regular season means anything, not after watching miami steamroll through boston and chicago. Indy can be a dangerous team come playoff time, i dont think they would give the heat much fits but with their physcial style of play they can give chicago some problems.

Raph12
04-12-2012, 06:07 PM
You try again, your not going to convince me regular season means anything, not after watching miami steamroll through boston and chicago. Indy can be a dangerous team come playoff time, i dont think they would give the heat much fits but with their physcial style of play they can give chicago some problems.

Again you're comparing the Heat, who have two of the (arguably) three best players in the league, to the Pacers; do you notice a slight difference in talent level?

Proven vets with a lot of talent vs Young team that's up-and-coming; yeah you're right, the Pacers are holding back. :rolleyes:

justinnum1
04-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Again you're comparing the Heat, who have two of the (arguably) three best players in the league, to the Pacers; do you notice a slight difference in talent level?

Proven vets vs Young team; yeah you're right, the Pacers are holding back. :rolleyes:

Who said the pacers were holding back? All i said was they can upset a team in the playoffs. Upsets happen dude, have you ever watched NBA playoffs?

Raph12
04-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Who said the pacers were holding back? All i said was they can upset a team in the playoffs. Upsets happen dude, have you ever watched NBA playoffs?

Of course it can happen, but suggesting the Pacers should feel confident about their chances is just giving them false hope. The playoffs are all about matchups and they don't have any favorable matchups against any EC playoffs team (maybe Hibbert against the Heat or Bulls, but both teams play too well defensively for the Pacers to take advantage)... If they get out of the first round, I'll be very surprised.

No offence to any Pacers fans, just my personal opinion.

--23--
04-12-2012, 07:09 PM
The way the standings stand now, I see no upsets in the 1st round for any of the top 3 teams in the Eastern/Western Conference.

PacersForLife
04-12-2012, 07:12 PM
The way the standings stand now, I see no upsets in the 1st round for any of the top 3 teams in the Eastern/Western Conference.

Agreed....

PacersForLife
04-12-2012, 07:19 PM

Proven vets with a lot of talent vs Young team that's up-and-coming; yeah you're right, the Pacers are holding back. :rolleyes:

Leandro Barbosa, David West, and Danny Granger are proven vets in my opinion.

DR_1
04-12-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm surprised all the lower seeds in the East want Indy. Everyone in the West wanted Dallas last year, look how that turned out. I hate the Pacers as much as any Bulls fan, but it is foolish in the extreme to simply write them off.

DR_1
04-12-2012, 07:28 PM

Dallas will beat San Antonio all day. I can see the Nuggets taking the Spurs as well. The Lakers and Thunder are safe no matter who they get IMO. In the East, Chicago and Miami will beat whoever they face; I can see the Pacers losing to the Magic or Knicks, and maybe even the Sixers.

--23--
04-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Dallas will beat San Antonio all day. I can see the Nuggets taking the Spurs as well. The Lakers and Thunder are safe no matter who they get IMO. In the East, Chicago and Miami will beat whoever they face; I can see the Pacers losing to the Magic or Knicks, and maybe even the Sixers.

I don't think Dallas or Denver is beating S.A. Plus the Spurs won't play Dallas in the 1st round, the way the standings are now they would play Houston. As far as the Pacers...The Sixers won't beat them in a seven game series, Yes Orlando & NY would be tough for them but I'll still pick them to win the series.

Raph12
04-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Leandro Barbosa, David West, and Danny Granger are proven vets in my opinion.

Yeah I'm sure those three are holding back, you can't compare that team with the current Miami team. Miami has proven they can take their game to another level in the playoffs, the Pacers have not... Plain and simple.