PDA

View Full Version : After this season, does the D-League finally get noticed?

Hester23Jordan
04-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Compared to the minor leagues in Baseball or Hockey, the NBDL is very irrelevant and goes unnoticed unless you are an avid fan. However, the 2012 season has pulled out some pretty good unknown players that have been able to help out NBA teams. This season has had a total of 51 D-League call ups in just about 60 games, which is a record.

Some noticeable players brought out of the NBDL this season: Jeremy Lin, Gerald Green, Lester Hudson, Alan Anderson, Mike James, Donald Sloan, Cartier Martin, Lance Thomas, Ben Uzoh, and Sean Williams.

The NBDL has also given a chance for veteran players to try and work back into the NBA. Such as, Antonio Daniels, Jamario Moon, Dan Gadzuric, Flip Murray, David Harrison, Alando Tucker, Kareem Rush, Julian Wright, Joey Graham, Antoine Wright, and Jermaine Taylor.

Personally, I might be the only person who actually pays attention to the NBDL, but I believe that it has the potential to be a success in helping young players develop and helping veterans rejoin the NBA. I think that it would be wise for the NBA to pay close attention to their teams affiliate because you never know when you will find that hidden gem.

What are your feelings on the NBA's minor league system, and what do you think could help the NBDL become noticed?

Giraffes Rule
04-11-2012, 07:19 PM
The D-league still isn't a true minor league system, but I am definitely a fan of having it. I think most fans really appreciate players that don't have superstar talent, and instead work their *** off to make it in the league. Whether that's going through the d-league or playing overseas for a few years, when they do get to the NBA they usually play much better than your average rookie and I think that's what the NBA needs.

jimm120
04-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Rod Benson!!!!!

Patrick Ewing JR!!!!!

Why couldn't they have been called up!!!!

KnIckFaN.2883
04-11-2012, 07:35 PM
I think its just easier to just market nba more just it superstars kevin durant, kobe, and lebron. Casual fans are just made to focus on the nba.

Cal827
04-11-2012, 07:54 PM
I would love to see an expanded D-League... Allow teams to go sign random people from wherever, help them develop their skils, and occasionally call them up to see if they can be good role players. People are complaining that their younger players are too immature when they draft them, well stack them in the d-leagues. Should be like the NHL.

69centers
04-11-2012, 08:07 PM
I'd go to D-league games if they played in an arena near me.

Don't forget the former D-League defensive player of the year, who is now getting significant minutes with us, Greg Stiemsma.