PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Rose goes in hard on Skip Bayless and Skip's "basketball playing days"

spreadeagle
04-11-2012, 01:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RjirSPGjJw

PacersForLife
04-11-2012, 01:28 AM
Lmao...

Ebbs
04-11-2012, 01:55 AM
**** Skip

jbeezy
04-11-2012, 02:53 AM
Lol what a loser

kenzo400
04-11-2012, 03:04 AM
He should reply by calling out Jalen Rose on his "uncle Tom" comments about Duke University.

smith&wesson
04-11-2012, 03:04 AM
mad love for rose. skip shouldnt even be able to talk to rose at all.

Sadds The Gr8
04-11-2012, 03:05 AM
Skip >>>>>>>>>>>>> Jalen

smith&wesson
04-11-2012, 03:05 AM
He should reply by calling out Jalen Rose on his "uncle Tom" comments about Duke University.

stop this kenzo. your my boy .. but skip ****ing bayless has nothing on jalen rose.

kenzo400
04-11-2012, 03:10 AM
stop this kenzo. your my boy .. but skip ****ing bayless has nothing on jalen rose.

I don't like Skip, but Rose isn't any better in my books.

UnWantedTheory
04-11-2012, 03:16 AM
Give me Skip over Jalen any day. Jalen proves without a doubt that you do not necessarily have to be knowledgeable regarding the game in order to play it. At least Skip is such an idiot at times it is entertaining.

sunsfan88
04-11-2012, 03:17 AM
How the hell can Skip continue to post on Twitter without addressing this or at least apologizing for lieing?

Funny though all his followers are all over it asking about it ahahhahahahah.

Shareeb_omac2
04-11-2012, 03:29 AM
I don't see how this changes anything. The point Jalen and all professional athletes try to make should offend everyone on this forum. We don't know anything because we aren't pros. It's one of the stupidest concepts in all of sports.

BlinkManJan02
04-11-2012, 03:35 AM
lmaooo skip bayless

SkipBaylessFan
04-11-2012, 04:34 AM
When you can't debate, go for a personal shot.

WickedBadMan
04-11-2012, 05:32 AM
Rough to watch, thought I would laugh but kind of felt bad for him.

But he did lie, is his own fault, and it invalidates his opinion on non-athletes being able to give good opinions, clearly bothered him enough to lie.

Ballsy of Jalen, pretty sure First Take is the big money maker of ESPN non game television.

effen5
04-11-2012, 08:45 AM
He deserves it. He rips on players on the time but I guess he can dish but he can't take it.

kdspurman
04-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Rose obviously has the edge in terms of basketball credibility, but dude is one of the worst analysts out there. He always changes his mind based on who's playing, and sounds like he's reading from a script.

LongWayFromHome
04-11-2012, 10:51 AM
lol somebody went and funnied his wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_Bayless

in the "Schooling and Family" section

In high school, Skip averaged 1.4 points per game as a Senior on his basketball team. Bayless later attended Vanderbilt University where he majored in English and History and was a member of Phi Kappa Sigma.

and under his picture it says he was Born:
John Edward Bayless II
December 1.4, 1951 (age 60)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

LongWayFromHome
04-11-2012, 10:52 AM
and it gives him the title "Junior Varsity 12th man"

theheatles
04-11-2012, 10:58 AM
i would like to see skip get fired...then like 6 months they can bring him back

kdspurman
04-11-2012, 10:58 AM
and it gives him the title "Junior Varsity 12th man"

And

"Salary- 1 Hamburger a game"

:laugh2:

BigBlueCrew
04-11-2012, 10:59 AM
First Take brought back Jalen for today's show. Steven A Smith is absolutely tearing into Jalen. :clap: Jalen has no sense about what a sports talk show is about or what they ( Steven A and Skip) do. No wonder he made such a terrible analyst.

Im so proud of Steven A. :hi5:

thekmp211
04-11-2012, 11:07 AM
jalen is on the show right now. he's getting chewed up. he is in over his head; skip and smith are right about this.

jmoney85
04-11-2012, 11:09 AM
jalen is clueless with media

tcav701
04-11-2012, 11:19 AM
"We will handle this later"

WTF does that mean??

I hope Skip and Jalen square up.

HouRealCoach
04-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Jalen actually has points.. Skip Bayless rip guys all the time for example, Cris Carter, Prince LeBrick James, Russell WestBRICK, Andrew Out of Luck... But then gets all butthurt because when Jalen calls him out

BigBlueCrew
04-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Jalen actually has points.. Skip Bayless rip guys all the time for example, Cris Carter, Prince LeBrick James, Russell WestBRICK, Andrew Out of Luck... But then gets all butthurt because when Jalen calls him out

I cant believe they are having a half an hour discussion on stupid nicknames. These guys get paid millions of dollars.

If I ever get paid that much money....call me whatever the hell you want. I'll go home to my 20 room mansion and my supermodel wife.

P.S. Like someone said on twitter...Jalen lost his credibility when he defended Kwame Brown :laugh2:

NickyNick
04-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Jalen is such a loser lmao

The Ooh Child
04-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Kinda surprised to see Skip so ashamed about this. Didn't think he took himself seriously enough to get embarrassed

Missing56&33
04-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Its ridiculous that Skip actually believes that Tim Tebow should start in the NFL.

The Final Boss
04-11-2012, 11:59 AM
First Take brought back Jalen for today's show. Steven A Smith is absolutely tearing into Jalen. :clap: Jalen has no sense about what a sports talk show is about or what they ( Steven A and Skip) do. No wonder he made such a terrible analyst.

Im so proud of Steven A. :hi5:

Smith is no more credible than Bayless. They're both hacks. Before I stopped listening, I've heared callers rip Smith a new ******* everyday when I'm in Los Angeles and his clown *** just hangs up on the callers. He gets schooled religiously. Btw, why are people still watching ESPN and Bayless?

NYY 26 to 7
04-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Jalen is going to hurt his future in the media with this he is getting way over his head.

The Final Boss
04-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Smith is just insecure himself at never being a high level athlete. He makes his name telling the world what athletes can and can't do when in reality he can't do **** on a field, court, pitch, alley, rink, or diamond.

D12 fan
04-11-2012, 12:16 PM
:cry:
Jalen is going to hurt his future in the media with this he is getting way over his head.

What?Jalen is defending other athletes,have you ever watch Skip Bayless,all he does is bash athletes like Lebron/Westbrook just so he can get attention.The guy deserves to get called out because he acts like a jerk,and doesn't respect athletes except Tim Tebow.

BigBlueCrew
04-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Smith is just insecure himself at never being a high level athlete. He makes his name telling the world what athletes can and can't do when in reality he can't do **** on a field, court, pitch, alley, rink, or diamond.

Jalen's an idiot, "why do you keep calling them names?" "Kwame's a good player". Jalen needs to stop thinking like athlete and start thinking like an analyst if he truly wants to be on that side of the microphone. Skip is correct when he says you dont have to be an athlete to be able to analyze the sport. That is the stupidest statement ever.

tr3ymill3r
04-11-2012, 12:25 PM
2 days, 2 skip bayless threads. For all you haters, you are doing exactly what he wants. I think he is brilliant because he says what others won't and doesn't constantly agree with others.

daboywonder2002
04-11-2012, 12:40 PM
if anything it shows every athlete isn't this dumb jock. skip and stephen a thought they would run circles around him but jalen went toe to toe with them. i was actually proud of jalen rose. he was intelligent and never lost his cool.

ellisgw
04-11-2012, 12:49 PM
the whole point of jalen was making is that skip disrespects players to be funny and get attention. Once someone else calls him out and feels bad he gets upset.

ellisgw
04-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Jalen's an idiot, "why do you keep calling them names?" "Kwame's a good player". Jalen needs to stop thinking like athlete and start thinking like an analyst if he truly wants to be on that side of the microphone. Skip is correct when he says you dont have to be an athlete to be able to analyze the sport. That is the stupidest statement ever.

When did Jalen ever say that lol hahah

smith&wesson
04-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Skip >>>>>>>>>>>>> Jalen

ewww your nutty lol

BigBlueCrew
04-11-2012, 12:54 PM
When did Jalen ever say that lol hahah

"why do you keep calling them names?" -- this was pretty much the jist of the entire debate

"Kwame Brown is a good player" -- if your in the NBA you must be a good player :facepalm:

thekmp211
04-11-2012, 12:57 PM
"why do you keep calling them names?" -- this was pretty much the jist of the entire debate

"Kwame Brown is a good player" -- if your in the NBA you must be a good player :facepalm:

yeah jesus. all credibility = gone.

Stinkyoutsider
04-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Wow, that was tough to watch. Might have been a better way to tell Bayless that he needs to change his perspective. I honestly laughed a bit when Rose brought up sitting on the Suns bench though.

ellisgw
04-11-2012, 01:26 PM
there is nothing more funny then 5'10 white dudes trashing 7 foot nba players about ther skills.

ellisgw
04-11-2012, 01:27 PM

when did jalen rose say you have to have played in the nba to know basketball.

daboywonder2002
04-11-2012, 01:29 PM

lets take medical school. theres 500 students graduating. are you gonna say the person that graduated bottom of the class is a bad doctor?? no, because whether they finished at the top or bottom. THEY'RE STILL A DOCTOR.

BigBlueCrew
04-11-2012, 01:34 PM
lets take medical school. theres 500 students graduating. are you gonna say the person that graduated bottom of the class is a bad doctor?? no, because whether they finished at the top or bottom. THEY'RE STILL A DOCTOR.

how bout this....

you put your life in that student's hands. If you survive, I'll follow you afterwards waaaayyyyyy afterwards. ;)

kdspurman
04-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Looks like Stephen A Smith kinda put Jalen in his place. Jalen is not debate material. That's why he got defensive yesterday.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/feature/index?page=firsttake

Chronz
04-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Smith is no more credible than Bayless. They're both hacks. Before I stopped listening, I've heared callers rip Smith a new ******* everyday when I'm in Los Angeles and his clown *** just hangs up on the callers. He gets schooled religiously. Btw, why are people still watching ESPN and Bayless?

Probably for the same reason you listen to SAS. I havent listened to his show but I doubt he gets schooled religiously, I hear those same callers on M&M and they occasionally get some good debates but its definitely not the norm. They hang up on people because they have time tables and some people just dont understand the argument.

HouRealCoach
04-11-2012, 02:17 PM
when did jalen rose say you have to have played in the nba to know basketball.

He didn't...

& u guys know what Jalen Rose meant about Kwame Brown... He is a ten year NBA veteran who has started on playoff teams

Obviously SAS & Skip Bayless who couldn't get minutes on high school squads have no credibility to call him a scrub

Jalen Rose ALWAYS shuts down Skip Bayless

jmoney85
04-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Probably for the same reason you listen to SAS. I havent listened to his show but I doubt he gets schooled religiously, I hear those same callers on M&M and they occasionally get some good debates but its definitely not the norm. They hang up on people because they have time tables and some people just dont understand the argument.

thisssss

these guys in media generally have jobs for a reason lol... if they were "hacks" they wouldnt have jobs lol... especially with the biggest sports network in the world lol

iam brett favre
04-11-2012, 02:31 PM
:laugh2: I love watching the air come out of Skip as soon as Jalen says it.

Shareeb_omac2
04-11-2012, 02:33 PM
He didn't...

& u guys know what Jalen Rose meant about Kwame Brown... He is a ten year NBA veteran who has started on playoff teams

Obviously SAS & Skip Bayless who couldn't get minutes on high school squads have no credibility to call him a scrub

Jalen Rose ALWAYS shuts down Skip Bayless

You just contradicted yourself.

Skip Bayless could have been the worst basketball player to ever step on a court and it wouldn't make his points any less valid. Say what you will about Skip but he is a very great judge of talent.

John Walls Era
04-11-2012, 03:02 PM
They went after it again. Lets be honest, if SAS and SB were smart and logical, no one would want to watch them.

Bravo95
04-11-2012, 03:11 PM
This whole thing is about being called out on a lie.

If Skip is holding on to his high school accomplishments this much to make it a big deal and lie about it, he deserves to get his spirit crushed. Good job, Jalen. :laugh2:

Stephen A got on his high horse, nothing more than a cheerleader in that discussion.

GiantsSwaGG
04-11-2012, 03:16 PM
If Kwame Brown last 10 years in the league (and mind you he did start for the lakers) then he's good enough to be in the league. He still sucks though!

John Walls Era
04-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Jalen Rose made some terrible points today.

TheWhiteMamba
04-11-2012, 03:42 PM
SAS went HAM on Jalen.

GiantsSwaGG
04-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Jalen Rose made some terrible points today.

I think it was double team by his friends.

NetSymptom
04-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Didnt see why SAS had to take part in the debate, Rose's points didn't really pertain to him. Not surprised Skip was too dense to understand Jalen's POV.

This all started when Skips feelings were hurt and felt his credibility were undermined. Vuitton he couldn't make the connection that when he calls athletes demeaning nicknames and questions their heart/ego/intellect undermines their basketball credibility... Well, at least to the people who actually listen to skip.

GiantsSwaGG
04-11-2012, 03:56 PM
I mean ppl here bashing Jalen but really didn't get his point....of course Kwame sucks, but he's better than Skipp & SAS so where do they come out saying it!

raiderfaninTX
04-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I mean ppl here bashing Jalen but really didn't get his point....of course Kwame sucks, but he's better than Skipp & SAS so where do they come out saying it!

but if you take jalens point then no one should comment, and if that's the case say good bye to PSD

The goods
04-11-2012, 04:18 PM
I watched that this morning the whole thing was childish a classic you suck no you suck conversation on national t.v.
Oh don't call me names its offensive oh grow up look give me a million dollars and you can call me what you want,ill be laughing all the way to the bank.
Cry me a ****ing river.

GiantsSwaGG
04-11-2012, 04:24 PM
but if you take jalens point then no one should comment, and if that's the case say good bye to PSD

So say goodbye to skipp then...cause if he's allow to say someone sucks, why was he offended when Jalen called him out? Why was he offended when Durant said he doesn't know basketball? Why can he dish it but can't take it?

The Ooh Child
04-11-2012, 04:30 PM
I can't believe they did a 30 minute segment scolding Jalen Rose for hurting Skip Bayless's feelings. Haven't watched ESPN in a very long time, glad I'm not missing anything

The goods
04-11-2012, 04:30 PM
All jalen said was oh they suck but they're better than you,well duh their in the nba,and that's what reporters do they talk about players good or bad,skip does go overboard sometimes but nothing I don't hear regular people say everyday.
Jalen tried to show skip what it was like to be critizied and he didn't like it and got offended and jalen was like well you say this about people everyday,hahaha. Skip shouldn't of gotten mad though I agree with jalen about that.

The goods
04-11-2012, 04:35 PM
So say goodbye to skipp then...cause if he's allow to say someone sucks, why was he offended when Jalen called him out? Why was he offended when Durant said he doesn't know basketball? Why can he dish it but can't take it?

First things first that girl is sexy as hell you gotta share that bro don't be greedy. Lol

Seconfly I agree the worst thing skip could've done was get mad and offended I hate when people can dish it out but can't take it.
Jalen tried to take jabs at stephen A and he took the perfect approach he shut jalen up and made him look stupid, stephen A is loud and talks a lot but he gets his point across and won't be made a fool off,he didn't get all offended and cry during the commercial like skip did.

The goods
04-11-2012, 04:41 PM
I can't believe they did a 30 minute segment scolding Jalen Rose for hurting Skip Bayless's feelings. Haven't watched ESPN in a very long time, glad I'm not missing anything

Exactly dude,I love that show and think its pretty funny,but today it was just childish and a waste of time,was sports so boring last night that they had to talk about this? I don't think so. And jalen rose sucks on espn,skip is a fool but he does know the game,he just says some crazy things for rating which is smart,and just because they didn't play doesn't mean they don't know the game I mean listening to jalen you'd think he never played a game in his life,but you look at kenny smith he was that good of a player but he knows the game and can explain it,so its a catch 22.

The Final Boss
04-11-2012, 04:45 PM

What part of me not listening to Smith are you having trouble with? Lol @ listening to m&m.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/english-grammar-for-dummies-cheat-sheet0.html

Venomous88
04-11-2012, 04:57 PM
I can't believe they did a 30 minute segment scolding Jalen Rose for hurting Skip Bayless's feelings. Haven't watched ESPN in a very long time, glad I'm not missing anythingIf that's all you got out of the argument, you really were not thinking critically about the discussion.

The topic was actually about who is qualified to analyze and commentate on professional athletes and their performances. In other words, as SAS and SB tried to make it clear, if you are a professional athlete who is willing to be paid millions and put your name out the the public, you have to be ready for the slandering and vilification that will come from sports journalists, fans, and other players if you are not performing up to expectations.

It's funny, Rose emphasizes the importance of all three of them being on a national platform and they're names are much more valuable as a brand because of that, so it's not right to assassinate each other's characters on air. Nevertheless, while holding himself along with those three in a higher context, he fails to see that the same comparison goes along for the likes of a "scrub" Kwame Brown. No one cares how great Kwame is in a pick up game down the street the same way no one cares how great of a analyst Rose is compared to the sports journalist at the Detroit Free Press. If you have made it to the top tier of your respective career, that's who you are going to be compared with. Hence, why a player like Kwame Brown, with all his hype, is a SCRUB in the NBA. NO ONE Cares how good he is outside of the NBA besides those guys at the local basketball court. Rose is inconsistent in his argument and is letting his scars from his days with Fab Five show. He's as emotional as Skip Bayless, and that's why I commend Stephen A. Smith for stepping in the argument and staying as rational as possible on this topic.

Shareeb_omac2
04-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Because it really had nothing to do with the argument. Skip calls people out when it's relevant. Jalen took offense to the comment Skip was making and instead of responding with a rebuttal he just attacked Skip.

If you watched the entire show today Skip explained why that struck a chord with him and was able to actually explain why he felt like crap about it.

Shareeb_omac2
04-11-2012, 05:01 PM
If that's all you got out of the argument, you really were not thinking critically about the discussion.

The topic was actually about who is qualified to analyze and commentate on professional athletes and their performances. In other words, as SAS and SB tried to make it clear, if you are a professional athlete who is willing to be paid millions and put your name out the the public, you have to be ready for the slandering and vilification that will come from sports journalists, fans, and other players if you are not performing up to expectations.

It's funny, Rose emphasizes the importance of all three of them being on a national platform and they're names are much more valuable as a brand because of that, so it's not right to assassinate each other's characters on air. Nevertheless, while holding himself along with those three in a higher context, he fails to see that the same comparison goes along for the likes of a "scrub" Kwame Brown. No one cares how great Kwame is in a pick up game down the street the same way no one cares how great of a analyst Rose is compared to the sports journalist at the Detroit Free Press. If you have made it to the top tier of your respective career, that's who you are going to be compared with. Hence, why a player like Kwame Brown, with all his hype, is a SCRUB in the NBA. NO ONE Cares how good he is outside of the NBA besides those guys at the local basketball court. Rose is inconsistent in his argument and is letting his scars from his days with Fab Five show. He's as emotional as Skip Bayless, and that's why I commend Stephen A. Smith for stepping in the argument and staying as rational as possible on this topic.

Thank you, sooo much for this post.

Chronz
04-11-2012, 06:04 PM
What part of me not listening to Smith are you having trouble with? Lol @ listening to m&m.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/english-grammar-for-dummies-cheat-sheet0.html

You dont like Max?

And you dont have to get smart, you admitted to listening to him prior, and something made you listen long enough to know the callers right? SAS has a gimmick and he serves a certain niche in his craft. I was a fan of his at first but I grew tired of the persona/act in my mind. Still its much better to see him report than Rose, Max is awesome.

Chronz
04-11-2012, 06:10 PM
If that's all you got out of the argument, you really were not thinking critically about the discussion.

With regards to the Kwame argument, Jalen chose the right angle to play, he just didnt think it through, which is hard when your on the spot. Kwame isnt a scrub, even by NBA standards. Scrubs are fringe NBA players, D-Leaguers trying to make the cut. You could raise the standard to journeymen who struggle during Free Agency, or guys who make pittance. Kwame is still superior than that tier, hes not at the bottom of the barrel is what he should have said. Hes obviously a scrub compared to Shaq but compared to your average NBA player, hes not that bad. He has had his moments, good and bad, but overall hes not a complete bum.

Rndy
04-11-2012, 07:21 PM

Agreed I agreed with Jalen 100% the way those two clowns act on first take they have become more about making themselves characters then actually providing any in sight on sports. That show has become a circus act.

BlondeBomber41
04-11-2012, 07:52 PM
The part that gets me is Bayless calling Jalen Rose a point guard... the guy was never a PG. He was a SG/SF depending on who he was playign with, but never a point guard.

DaBear
04-11-2012, 08:11 PM
ESPN is a joke. That is all.

Chapin78
04-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Skip looks even worse in my eyes and I didn't think that was possible especially after watching the part when Stephen A Smith was on talking about this subject. This turned into a chest thumping arrogance fest. Horrible media at any standard.

iam brett favre
04-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Only Skip Bayless can make Stephen A Smith sound smart.

MagicHero3
04-11-2012, 09:26 PM
i never want to hear anyone say "kick rocks" again after stephen a smiths rant

MagicHero3
04-11-2012, 09:28 PM
stephen a smith really made jalen looked dumb

SeoulBeatz
04-11-2012, 09:32 PM
I actually don't mind Skip at all. He's a troll, but he's entertaining as hell

Actually felt bad for him in this case.

long ball
04-11-2012, 09:38 PM
When Stephen a and skip are on its just two straight hours of those two idiots yelling. How do people watch that garbage?

FLWolvesFan
04-11-2012, 09:52 PM
SAS embarrassed Jalen, which isn't real hard to do...

And yes Kwame is a scrub, a talented basketball player no doubt compared to Joe Blow hanging drywall playing pickup at the Y no doubt...but a scrub compared to his NBA peers particularly given his draft position.

NYMetros
04-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Haha that was hilarious. Complete and utter ownage.

Sactown
04-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Rose just doesn't appreciate the way Skip talks trash about NBA players since he was a former player. and Skips a douche bag lying moron so thus the arguing began

FLWolvesFan
04-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Skip, as much as I don't care for his schtick is an analtainer, does his job well. That's why he was a HS basketball player then journalist and made his way from there. He makes money for the network by being basically an opinionated a-hole. He's good at that.

Jalen gets by on his playing days, he's entertaining because he doesn't get the reason they hired him was to provide the ex-jock perspective in an unintentionally humorous fashion. He's off-the-cuff and wears his heart on his sleeve. He's funny because he's passionate about his opionions even if they're not real thought out (Uncle Tom comments anyone?).

Steven A. Smith smacked down some sense on Jalen, hopefully he gets the corporate message. It's all entertainment and ratings after all and with all the theatrics they're still on the same team...

CrazyCrackar
04-11-2012, 10:56 PM
I loved Jalens comments yesterday, because it was funny to see Skip squirm. However, Jalen got owned today and really came across as uneducated. Say what you want about Smith and Skip, but they would beat Jalen in a debate 9 out of 10 times. Sure Jalen would dominate them both at the same time in a game of ball, but as an analyst he gets outclassed.

PlayDPlease
04-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Jalen's va-jay-jay is showing.

But Jalen's comments about Grant Hill being an Uncle Tom are exactly what he is now bashing.

Not a terribly bright guy.