PDA

View Full Version : Biggest reason for the revival in Bean town?

Chronz
04-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Many of us wrote Celtics off when they were below .500 and losing to bad teams at home, they have suffered through injuries and several failed experiments at C and PG. Now that the Schedule has stiffened they have somehow turned it around, on both ends thanks to a variety of revelations that you could argue were linked together, like a chain of dominoes.

The injury to the teams bigs has forced them to play KG at center, which has forced them to pair their 2 best frontcourt players together, which along with Pierce getting in shape, has given a now motivated Rondo the kind of elite spacing rarely seen for a PG. To go with that, the injury to Ray has made room for the rise of Avery Bradley, so their only non shooter in the starting lineup is an active athlete giving them a unique look that teams havent prepped for.

Now that Ray is back he has strengthened the bench and given them some offensive direction. All they need is for Pietrus to get back and they have the look of a dangerous sleeper.

My question is, do you think of Boston as a contender now? If so, how would you rank the moves in terms of importance?

Rondo balling out of control
Pierce getting healthy
KG moving to Center
Bass playing with the starting lineup more
Avery Bradley being a defensive beast
Ray Allen strengthening the bench

llemon
04-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Fresh beans

Sportfan
04-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Hollinger had a good insider article about their defense and how it's saving them
Just imagine if you had all the healthy guys :sigh:

justinnum1
04-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Kg

Holydiver
04-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Danny Ainge

TylerSL
04-10-2012, 10:13 PM
The Celtics were just doing what they were doing in 09-10. Remember when they coasted the entire year and looked really old. They walked into the postseason a 4 seed and was minutes away from winning the title. C's are still good. However, this will be their last year.

Holydiver
04-10-2012, 10:15 PM
if they still had Perkins they would be amazing

VCaintdead17
04-10-2012, 10:18 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with Bradley and Bass stepping up their D BIG TIME.

KG at center has worked tremendously as well.

Plus, these guys are proven vets who realize you'll eventually go through a cold streak or two, but you can definitely work past it as long as the confidence is there.

69centers
04-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Their main problem over the past several years has been lack of offensive fire power off the bench. Ray has given them that, and when Pietrus is back, it will get even more interesting. Doc has talked about alternating Pietrus in the starting lineup with Bradley, depending on the guard matchup. That is a great option to have come playoff time.

Bass has definitely looked more comfortable with his starting gig than when he came off the bench. He's getting the most minutes of his career now.

KG at center works most nights unless we are facing the Magic. This also gives opposing centers fits with having to guard him out on the perimeter.

Cal827
04-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Fountain of Youth

Bruno
04-11-2012, 06:37 PM
so tough to pick one specific reason. can't help but it's a unique and healthy combination of all of them. if i had to pick one, i'd go Rondo.

Sadds The Gr8
04-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Moving kg to C imo

Green_Monster
04-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Imagine if they were healthy?

Rondo/Dooling/Moore
Bradley/Allen/Pavlovic
Pierce/Pietrus/Green/Daniels
Bass/Wilcox/Johnson
Garnett/O'Neal/Stiemsma

Bolded is guys who have been injured for a significant amount of time.

Underlined is guys who have stepped up for the injured guys and given significant minutes.

dtmagnet
04-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Its Doc Rivers for realizing what needs to be done and getting his players to buy in on it.

4 POINT PLAY LJ
04-11-2012, 09:22 PM
They got more bengay and ice.

ne3xchamps
04-12-2012, 09:46 PM
KG being 100% for the first time in awhile, and its showing. The D goes as the big ticket goes.

ne3xchamps
04-12-2012, 09:48 PM
They got more bengay and ice.

wow, you must be a stand up comedian huh?? That's funny right there. :rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
04-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Health, and defense.

corky831
04-12-2012, 09:58 PM
definitely KG balling out of his mind, and Rondo staying focused. Along with Bradley starting and getting big time minutes, their perimeter defense has been tremendous since that move

Hustlenomics
04-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Rajon Rondo had a triple double in Boston's 88-86 win over the Hawks on Wednesday.

Rondo has finished with a double-double in 19 straight games, putting up 10 points, 20 assists and 10 rebounds in his most recent effort.

I know hes on a run, Doc Rivers said. I dont even know what the run is. Honestly, I dont even know what that [double-figure assist streak] means. I know it means hes playing very well but I dont need the numbers to tell me that.

Hes playing extremely well, hes just been spectacular. And thats why were winning. Its not just him, its everybody. But we need a locked-in effort from him every night and hes doing that.

You talk about KG [Kevin Garnett], Paul [Pierce], Ray [Allen], but this guy certainly is the head of the snake, Atlanta coach Larry Drew said of Rondo before the game. He has the ability to affect the game in a lot of different areas. And hes gotten better and better.

AntiG
04-12-2012, 10:34 PM
The vets are finally in full-out game shape, and the role players - which have been in and out of the lineup and moving up and down the depth chart due to all of roster turmoil (O'Neal, Green, Wilcox, Pierce, Allen, Pietrus, Hollins have all missed significant time either due to injuries, heart conditions, or joining the roster late) - are finally gelling together with the vets.

Basically the Celtics are finally back to being the Celtics we expect. That's why they are tearing it up.

IndyRealist
04-12-2012, 10:58 PM
KG playing at C and JO not playing at all.

Forever35
04-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Its Doc Rivers for realizing what needs to be done and getting his players to buy in on it.

Absotively...

Doc River's for 2012 NBA coach of the year !!!

Berniemac23
04-14-2012, 03:20 PM
rondo

justinnum1
04-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Kg

THE MTL
04-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Cause the Boston is full of veteran leadership and you can NEVER count that out. Even with they sucked at the beginning of the season I knew that they were better than that and I always felt they would make the playoffs (i didnt expect them to be in the fight for 3rd seed though lol)