PDA

View Full Version : Offseason idea

Panthers4life
04-10-2012, 05:07 PM
This would probably never happen and never will.. but i got to thinking. OKC isn't going to be able to afford James Harden after next year, as him and Ibaka are FA at the same time and they'll need his low post D, so maybe they want to get something for him now.. We re-sign or match whatever offer someone offers DJ and we trade DJ Augustine, Gerald Henderson and a future top 5 protected pick for James Harden. He could be a STAR given the opportunity and shot attempts.

It makes sense for them because they get Gerald would could be a good 6th man for them and DJ could start at point and they could let Westbrook play the 2..

We draft Anthony Davis (hopefully) and come away with a lineup of..

Kemba Walker/FA pick up
James Harden/Derrick Brown
Reggie Williams/Corey Maggette(6th man)
Anthony Davis/Draymond Green(2nd round pick)/DJ White
Bismack Biyombo/Byron Mullens

May be a little far fetched but to me this team isn't TOO FAR away from competing.

Whatch'all think?

JDM
04-10-2012, 08:49 PM
I love Harden as much as the next man but that seems like a lot to give up for him. Also as much as I love OKC, I don't see anybody on their roster who we can realistically trade for. I hope we just take a page from OKC and build through the draft.

homestarunner93
04-10-2012, 08:53 PM
This is too risky. This team really is that far away from competing. The playoffs are really unreachable until 2015 or later unless the Bobcats somehow land a top FA, which isn't going to happen.