PDA

View Full Version : When does Harden man up and get the hell out of OKC??

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 04:38 PM
IMO he's a top 5 sg in this league yet he's being wasted in the shadow of Durant and Westbook.

I assume Harden doesn't want that for his entire career since his potential as a star in this league is very very good.

Is Harden going to realize this and do whats best for himself??

He'll be nothing more than the third muskateer on OKC.

justinnum1
04-10-2012, 04:40 PM
when he asks for max money and okc doesn't give it to him

Baller1
04-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Or maybe, just maybe, he would rather win than worry about being a star and making money.

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Or maybe, just maybe, he would rather win than worry about being a star and making money.

And maybe, just maybe, they will never win.

LTBaByyy
04-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Very soon!!!

They can't afford Westbrook, Durant, Perkins, Ibaka, and him.

Its either him or Ibaka

Sportfan
04-10-2012, 04:43 PM
He was close to going to the Celtics for Perkins :sigh:

OH WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN :cry:

haggis
Very soon!!!

Its either him or Ibaka

Or amnesty Perkins.

Baller1
Very soon!!!

Its either him or Ibaka

Perkins can be amnestied.

Baller1
04-10-2012, 04:45 PM

No way? You mean it's possible that OKC might not win, I wasn't aware.

The only other place he would potentially have a better chance of winning would be Chicago. Otherwise OKC gives him the best chance of winning championships.

Bruno
04-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Perkins can be amnestied.

that won't be enough to still keep him and Ibaka, if both request near max deals. OKC will only get to keep three of them past 2014, unless harden and ibaka take contracts beneath their market value. will they?

Baller1
04-10-2012, 04:47 PM
that won't be enough to still keep him and Ibaka, if both request near max deals. OKC will only get to keep three of them past 2014, unless harden and ibaka take contracts beneath their market value. will they?

Doubtful, but it's still possible. I wish players could restructure their contracts, because I get the feeling that Durant would if it meant keeping the core 4 together.

JayW_1023
04-10-2012, 04:47 PM
IMO he's a top 5 sg in this league yet he's being wasted in the shadow of Durant and Westbook.

I assume Harden doesn't want that for his entire career since his potential as a star in this league is very very good.

Maybe he'd rather be a champion as 6th man than an alpha male on a mediocre team. Certainly worked for Manu Ginobili.

It's good to see a talented young player care about fitting in over trying to be the face of a franchise. Wish more young players had that mentality.

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 04:48 PM

The only other place he would potentially have a better chance of winning would be Chicago. Otherwise OKC gives him the best chance of winning championships.

Haha alright smartass.

Everyone wants to win and maybe he gets a title this year I don't know but when you have the potential like he does players tend to want to be more than the third option.....

and who is to say he can't win as the main guy?? or at least the second option??

he would be the perfect fit in minnesota.. a man can dream right?

GiantsSwaGG
04-10-2012, 04:50 PM
When the Knicks have cap space

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Maybe he'd rather be a champion as 6th man than an alpha male on a mediocre team. Certainly worked for Manu Ginobili.

It's good to see a talented young player care about fitting in over trying to be the face of a franchise. Wish more young players had that mentality.

I agree. I definitely like Harden's mentality but I think his ceiling is higher than Ginoblis was.

Bruno
04-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Doubtful, but it's still possible. I wish players could restructure their contracts, because I get the feeling that Durant would if it meant keeping the core 4 together.

i don't understand why that's not allowed. i was under the impression that duncan had done that in the past in order to secure ginobli?

Baller1
04-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Haha alright smartass.

Everyone wants to win and maybe he gets a title this year I don't know but when you have the potential like he does players tend to want to be more than the third option.....

and who is to say he can't win as the main guy?? or at least the second option??

Trust me, if anyone believes Harden can flourish as a #1 option, it's me. But what I'm saying is that maybe he'd rather pursue a championship in a situation where he knows he has a great shot. Granted, he probably has the ability to turn good teams into great teams and therefore contenders, so I get what you're saying in that regard.

I just think if he decides to take the route of pursuing championships, he'd be wise to stay in OKC.

llemon
04-10-2012, 04:54 PM
He won't become an RFA until after next season, and there is no telling what wil happen by then.

justinnum1

That would be rare...how many young guys take less?

JayW_1023
I agree. I definitely like Harden's mentality but I think his ceiling is higher than Ginoblis was.

I dunno about that. Manu's prime was pretty damn impressive. But Harden has the ability to become a similar player.

Baller1
04-10-2012, 04:55 PM
i don't understand why that's not allowed. i was under the impression that duncan had done that in the past in order to secure ginobli?

I want to say it used to be allowed, but I could be completely off. It makes zero sense to me that NBA players can't restructure. Other pro sports allow it of I'm not mistaken, and I think it's a great rule/incentive.

Iodine
04-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Oh sweet, let's all make predictions about a guy's future when we all know so little about him, his agents wishes, or anything that happens in the future. Clearly right now we can all speak with 100% accuracy about the financial future of James Harden.

Baller1
04-10-2012, 04:57 PM
I dunno about that. Manu's prime was pretty damn impressive. But Harden has the ability to become a similar player.

Yeah, I'm not even sure how I feel about who has the higher ceiling/prime/whatever. It's possible that Harden is the better overall player with more efficient scoring/numbers, but that Manu takes the cake in the intangible department (winning, leadership, etc.). But who knows; it's so crazy how similar they are as players.

llemon
04-10-2012, 04:59 PM
I want to say it used to be allowed, but I could be completely off. It makes zero sense to me that NBA players can't restructure. Other pro sports allow it of I'm not mistaken, and I think it's a great rule/incentive.

I like the no restructuring rule. Somewhat helps prevent more superteams.

JayW_1023
04-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not even sure how I feel about who has the higher ceiling/prime/whatever. It's possible that Harden is the better overall player with more efficient scoring/numbers, but that Manu takes the cake in the intangible department (winning, leadership, etc.). But who knows; it's so crazy how similar they are as players.

As far as impact goes indeed. But Manu plays with a bit more flair (no look passes without showing off, finishing in crazy angles, endless hustle and tenacity) and reckless abandon.

Harden is more composed, more relaxed. He has a way to go...but I like him a lot.

A lot of people don't realize how good Manu actually was in his prime. Unstoppable at times...the best all-round SG behind Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady at one point....while much less predictable.

Baller1
04-10-2012, 05:03 PM
I like the no restructuring rule. Somewhat helps prevent more superteams.

True, but I think there should be some kind of rule that allows more flexibility for players and franchises that we're built through the draft. Of course it looks biased on my part, but it's completely unfair that OKC might have to split up its core because it drafted so well over the years.

Baller1
04-10-2012, 05:05 PM
As far as impact goes indeed. But Manu plays with a bit more flair (no look passes without showing off, finishing in crazy angles, endless hustle and tenacity) and reckless abandon.

Harden is more composed, more relaxed. He has a way to go...but I like him a lot.

A lot of people don't realize how good Manu actually was in his prime. Unstoppable at times...the best all-round SG behind Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady at one point....while much less predictable.

Basically, if Harden's ceiling is Manu Ginobili and he reaches that ceiling, then I'll be completely satisfied. Manu's incredible, so people saying Harden's ceiling is Manu is nothing more than a great complimen to Harden.

sep11ie
04-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Wow Cfry, I'm sure Harden cares about your opinion...

2-0-Niner
04-10-2012, 05:10 PM
He'll Probably Sign with the Nets, Deron Williams, Harden,Marshon, Lopez, Dwight

Chronz
04-10-2012, 05:12 PM

Has it worked for Manu? I suppose after so many years it has, only uneducated fans still question him but for the majority of his career he wasnt even seen as an All-Star by many fans who cited his meek per game averages. My greatest hope for him was that the Spurs let him go to Denver but the Nuggs offered a cap friendly contract so it was never in question.

If Manu had been the man after already winning a ring with the Spurs I think his legacy (among fans) would be greater, I think hes the same player regardless but there is no question lots of fans dont look beyond simple statistics.

Same case here, Harden can be every bit as great as he is destined to be, whether its in Durants shadow or not. If they rack up a few run to the Finals then he HAS to get credit, you dont build a perennial contender (possible dynasty) without serious talent. Harden may be percieved as a greater player in another situation, hell he may even become one if hes forced into a role hes never held full time (#1 man) but it could also cheapen him.

I doubt he cares about that stuff, I think he knows GM's know how great he is and that he could play more elsewhere, but the fact that he doesnt complain about PT or touches is a positive sign that could actually fetch him more dollars.

DerekRE_3
04-10-2012, 05:12 PM

That's silly. He needs to man up. Demand a trade unless Scott Brooks is fired and he's made the man. He needs to demand that Durant come off the bench so he can get his.

Chronz
04-10-2012, 05:13 PM

Think of it this way, hes approaching Manu (similar skillsets and statistical makeup) but hes WAY younger than Manu was when he entered the NBA.

JayW_1023
04-10-2012, 05:14 PM
That's silly. He needs to man up. Demand a trade unless Scott Brooks is fired and he's made the man. He needs to demand that Durant come off the bench so he can get his.

:D

:laugh:

Hawkeye15
04-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Think of it this way, hes approaching Manu (similar skillsets and statistical makeup) but hes WAY younger than Manu was when he entered the NBA.

dude, I have been saying for over a year he reminds me of Manu so much.

DerekRE_3
04-10-2012, 05:15 PM
The only way you can be a man in the NBA is to act like a complete douchebag. That's Dwight Howard certified fact.

JayW_1023
04-10-2012, 05:15 PM

Very true! He is better now than Manu was at 21.

Chronz
04-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Nah he just opted out.

Dont those leagues have players who hold out for contract increases too tho? In the NBA it may lead to players with overinflated egos thinking they deserve a raise, when they dont get it what happens then?

DerekRE_3
04-10-2012, 05:17 PM

Hipster Hawkeye. Comparing Harden to Manu before it was cool.

Or is he....:speechless:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/James-Harden-1241/

Ezio
04-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Best case: Manu
Worst case: Terry

6th man it is.

PurpleJesus
04-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Hopefully Harden mans up and stays loyal to OKC.

JayW_1023
04-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Has it worked for Manu? I suppose after so many years it has, only uneducated fans still question him but for the majority of his career he wasnt even seen as an All-Star by many fans who cited his meek per game averages. My greatest hope for him was that the Spurs let him go to Denver but the Nuggs offered a cap friendly contract so it was never in question.

If Manu had been the man after already winning a ring with the Spurs I think his legacy (among fans) would be greater, I think hes the same player regardless but there is no question lots of fans dont look beyond simple statistics.

On a mediocre team as the first option, Manu would be putting up the same kind of numbers as Wade in his prime. I'm convinced of that. He was that good.

Same case here, Harden can be every bit as great as he is destined to be, whether its in Durants shadow or not. If they rack up a few run to the Finals then he HAS to get credit, you dont build a perennial contender (possible dynasty) without serious talent. Harden may be percieved as a greater player in another situation, hell he may even become one if hes forced into a role hes never held full time (#1 man) but it could also cheapen him.

I doubt he cares about that stuff, I think he knows GM's know how great he is and that he could play more elsewhere, but the fact that he doesnt complain about PT or touches is a positive sign that could actually fetch him more dollars.

It'll be interesting if Durant will follow Duncans blueprint and take less money so the OKC core will remain intact. Harden is definitely a special player. The thing I haven't seen though, is real assertiveness and killier instinct. He is sometimes too unselfish, giving Durant and Westbrook most of the limelight. And he does all the little things that don't show up in the STAT sheet. Now he is playing at a level in which it cannot be denied that he is an all-star caliber talent in his own right.

Chronz
04-10-2012, 05:24 PM
I first heard it from Hollinger or some other stat guy before he was drafted. He was compared as a cross between Brandon Roy (for his composure and PnR ability) and Manu (for his reliance on the 3ball and FT lane).

Any time you find someone who focuses on those 2 aspects of the game has to have a high bball IQ IMO. They understand the importance of todays efficiency standard. I was wrong for ever thinking Tyreke/Curry were good options for the Thunder. This guy is perfect

2-ONE-5
04-10-2012, 05:26 PM
how is he being wasted? he is gonna win 6th man of the year and he will prob become the starter next year. I dont even see the point of this thread considering we are nearing the playoffs where he is a key contributor on the FAVORITE to win it all

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Wow Cfry, I'm sure Harden cares about your opinion...

Cfrey**, thanks.

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 05:28 PM
how is he being wasted? he is gonna win 6th man of the year and he will prob become the starter next year. I dont even see the point of this thread considering we are nearing the playoffs where he is a key contributor on the FAVORITE to win it all

He's the third option and supposedly is the third best SG in the league to a lot of people lol.... so you tell me how that makes sense for him to be the 6th man?

smith&wesson
04-10-2012, 05:33 PM
they will chose ibaka over him when the time comes. he is a 3rd option on the offensive end of the floor. that can be replaced.

Baller1
04-10-2012, 05:33 PM
He's the third option and supposedly is the third best SG in the league to a lot of people lol.... so you tell me how that makes sense for him to be the 6th man?

Like everyone's been talking about, look at Manu. Top 3-5 SG for many years, and a lot of the time was a second/third option.

And honesty, people are putting way too much into this "third option" thing. It actually works out perfectly because Harden gets to run the second team as he has complete control over it, somewhat making him a #1 option in his own right.

Baller1
04-10-2012, 05:34 PM
they will chose ibaka over him when the time comes. he is a 3rd option on the offensive end of the floor. that can be replaced.

Not at the efficieny Harden gives you.

Hangtime
04-10-2012, 05:38 PM
We will see when he hits the market and other teams will offer better deals than OKC can.

thekmp211
04-10-2012, 05:40 PM
call me crazy. i'd choose harden and ibaka over westbrook. you will get more for westbrook, and harden can be a #2 option who knows that durant is better than him. i love harden, he's the truth. ibaka is the big man they need to keep.

if they win a ring as currently constructed? harden probably has to go, and he's a fine trade for the o'brien trophy.

Chronz
04-10-2012, 05:44 PM
He could start but would that make any difference to your opinion of where he should play?

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Like everyone's been talking about, look at Manu. Top 3-5 SG for many years, and a lot of the time was a second/third option.

And honesty, people are putting way too much into this "third option" thing. It actually works out perfectly because Harden gets to run the second team as he has complete control over it, somewhat making him a #1 option in his own right.

I liked what you said there in bold. That is very true and I understand it is in the best interest for the Thunder that Harden comes off the bench. It makes perfect sense to me.

However, I'm just not a big fan of players of Hardens' caliber coming off the bench. I know thats the best thing for the Thunder as a team but I don't think its the best thing for Hardens career and frankly, I'd rather see him on a team where he is the go to guy or in the starting lineup because he's an entertaining player to watch..

Chronz
04-10-2012, 05:49 PM
That answered my question NVM

Cfrey
He could start but would that make any difference to your opinion of where he should play?

I'd rather see him on a team where he is the go to guy or at least not in the shadow of two superstars.

When people think of OKC they think of Durant and Westbrook right away.. its not durant, westbrook, and harden. I just think it would be more entertaining with him on a different squad. That's the main thing I guess. Just more entertaining.

NYtilIdie
When he retires from the Thunder.

Jamiecballer
04-10-2012, 05:50 PM

you are the very definition of a bad basketball fan.

JayW_1023
04-10-2012, 05:51 PM
I liked what you said there in bold. That is very true and I understand it is in the best interest for the Thunder that Harden comes off the bench. It makes perfect sense to me.

However, I'm just not a big fan of players of Hardens' caliber coming off the bench. I know thats the best thing for the Thunder as a team but I don't think its the best thing for Hardens career and frankly, I'd rather see him on a team where he is the go to guy or in the starting lineup because he's an entertaining player to watch..

It's a team game, and the superstars who have prioritized their career (LBJ, Bosh, Melo and more recently Dwight) have really tainted this league.

We need more loyal superstars who care about a winning tradition, as boring as it may sound from a Spurs fan.

It sometimes works against me I know.

When is doing the right thing so unsexy in sports?

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 05:54 PM

Thank you.

smith&wesson
04-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Not at the efficieny Harden gives you.

your most potent offensive players are the 1st and 2nd options. a guy like barbosa for example can fill the role of scoring punch off the bench. we can list other players who could do the same.

imo ibaka's role is more important. defence and an interior presence is more vital to the team as they are in the west and have to face aponnents like the lakers, grizz, jazz, etc. they all have a solid big man rotation. that includes okc and i dont think they want to lose the battles in the paint.

smith&wesson
04-10-2012, 05:57 PM

one thing i do agree with is that okc will eventually have to make a decision as to who they want to keep and match offers for and who they can afford to let go and replace for cheaper.

bigmac8675
04-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Sooner rather than later... I could see him in another uniform in about 1 or 2 years.

FraziersKnicks
04-10-2012, 06:00 PM

Harden in Chicago just wouldn't be fair.. He would fit in perfectly, anther guy to play alongside Rose who can make plays, handle the ball, distribute and consistently knock down the three ball? It would make the battle with the Heat a little bit more fair.

2-ONE-5
04-10-2012, 06:09 PM

like I said he is a KEY CONTRIBUTOR on a heavy favorite to win it all n only his 3rd season. he has improved every year its not like the same thing happend last year.

The goods
04-10-2012, 06:14 PM
I don't like harden I think he dances to much and needs to shave that stupid beard,but he's smart enough to accept that role on a championship caliber team.
He doesn't need to man up he needs to continue to be smart.

JayW_1023
04-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Harden is the most talented glue guy in this league, I can say that much. You hardly notice him with KD and Russell, but out of nowhere he gets 25, 4 and 4 without really noticing it. He is composed, and he may seem invisible an entire game and quietly makes an impact.

Manu is more of a killer who constantly attacks and makes plays on the fly. That's where the two really differ, in mindset. But as far as impact and skill set it's pretty close.

I just like how Harden has carried himself so far.

NYMetropolitans
04-10-2012, 06:22 PM

And this ladies and gentlemen is what's wrong with NBA fans and players today.

Pathetic.

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 06:25 PM
And this ladies and gentlemen is what's wrong with NBA fans and players today.

Pathetic.

And this ladies and gentlemen is what's wrong with NBA fans today.

One can have a picture with Carmelo, Amare, and Tyson Chandler yet the Knicks did not draft one of those players.

Irony at its finest.

Get out of my thread you ****ing phaggot

NYMetropolitans
04-10-2012, 06:33 PM
And this ladies and gentlemen is what's wrong with NBA fans today.

One can have a picture with Carmelo, Amare, and Tyson Chandler yet the Knicks did not draft one of those players.

Irony at its finest.

Get out of my thread you ****ing phaggot

Haha I'm a Knicks fan what would you like me to do stop being a fan? No not one of those bandwagon fans, I've been through it all. We went through hell to get to the position we're in today so shut your mouth if you don't know what you're talking about.

OKC has the chance to become a championship contender for years to come with their core and you think it'd be a good idea Harden to leave just so he can get more shine?

You are still pathetic.

topdog
04-10-2012, 06:34 PM
For real, man?! He hasn't even finished his rookie deal. I'd imagine he'd stick around at least through another contract's worth of playoff runs.

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Haha I'm a Knicks fan what would you like me to do stop being a fan? No not one of those bandwagon fans, I've been through it all. We went through hell to get to the position we're in today so shut your mouth if you don't know what you're talking about.

OKC has the chance to become a championship contender for years to come with their core and you think it'd be a good idea Harden to leave just so he can get more shine?

You are still pathetic.

I'm a ****ing Timberwolves fan. Don't act like you've gone through **** LMAO.

You are saying I'm a bad basketball fan because I'd like to see Harden play somewhere else that would enhance his basketball career.

Yet how is that any different from Melo, Amare, or Tyson?? Even more specifically, Melo. LOL melo basically demanded a trade to be in the spotlight.

Which is the reason I said "irony at its finest" because your dumbass has a picture of three players who didn't even get drafted by your own team.

Gtfo

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 06:41 PM
God that is actually hilarious. He says "this is whats wrong you NBA fans and players today"

Yet Melo was basically the start of this new era where superstars are starting to dictate where they want to play.

You are facking weetarded

smith&wesson
04-10-2012, 06:45 PM
us raptor fans would love to have him ... he would be a star in toronto. but then again who wouldnt be. :facepalm:

Chronz
04-10-2012, 06:48 PM
your most potent offensive players are the 1st and 2nd options. a guy like barbosa for example can fill the role of scoring punch off the bench. we can list other players who could do the same.
I dont get

imo ibaka's role is more important. defence and an interior presence is more vital to the team as they are in the west and have to face aponnents like the lakers, grizz, jazz, etc. they all have a solid big man rotation. that includes okc and i dont think they want to lose the battles in the paint.

I do get

Chronz
04-10-2012, 06:50 PM
I'd rather see him on a team where he is the go to guy or at least not in the shadow of two superstars.

When people think of OKC they think of Durant and Westbrook right away.. its not durant, westbrook, and harden. I just think it would be more entertaining with him on a different squad. That's the main thing I guess. Just more entertaining.

He can change that tho, when you think of the Spurs do you not think of Manu? It took time to realize his greatness because he wasnt being showcased but after enough winning and consistent efficiency, it became evident how great he really was.

D12 fan
04-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Orlando would be a nice fit,they will have enough capspace in 2013 to offer him a max contract.Dwight has never played with a skilled wingman like Harden,Wade/Kobe will be on the downside of their career by then,he should be the top sg in the league by then.

Chronz
04-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Harden in Chicago just wouldn't be fair.. He would fit in perfectly, anther guy to play alongside Rose who can make plays, handle the ball, distribute and consistently knock down the three ball? It would make the battle with the Heat a little bit more fair.

More fair? Are you nuts, Chicago already has what it takes to win a title, giving them Harden would be unfair to the league.

D-Leethal
04-10-2012, 06:53 PM
So we bash guys when they leave championship caliber teams because of egos and $$$ than want this kid to up and bounce? Plenty of HOFers were the 3rd option. Hes on the best young team in the NBA. He can be have a James Worthy like impact for that team and they can win a ton of rings.

If Harden leaves he can become Joe Johnson and be a top 5 SG who isn't good enough to carry his team deep to the promised land and nobody remembers in 20 years. Or he can stay with a team with potential to win rings until 2020 and beyond and leave a legacy that will get him HOF mention and make him a career winner and grade A teammate.

2-ONE-5
04-10-2012, 06:59 PM
^well said man. i hate agreeing with a NYK fan too lol

2-ONE-5
04-10-2012, 07:01 PM
God that is actually hilarious. He says "this is whats wrong you NBA fans and players today"

Yet Melo was basically the start of this new era where superstars are starting to dictate where they want to play.

You are facking weetarded

and you are saying that is exactly what Harden should do. grow up

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 07:04 PM

Where did I say anywhere that Harden should demand a trade?? Where??

Do I have to explain common sense to you as well??

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 07:12 PM

Listen real quick cause this isn't even worth explaining anymore.

The man who first called me pathetic and blasted me for making this thread has a signature with Carmelo, Amare, and Chandler.

He said I was pathetic because I wanted Harden to go elsewhere... Criticizing me and saying that this is what is wrong with fans and players because its no longer about the team..........

Yet he has a picture of Melo in his sig and Melo is the epitome of exactly what the man was criticizing me for.. Thus that makes him a huge hypocrite/dumbass.

Make sense now?

Chronz
04-10-2012, 07:15 PM
So we bash guys when they leave championship caliber teams because of egos and $$$ than want this kid to up and bounce? Plenty of HOFers were the 3rd option. Hes on the best young team in the NBA. He can be have a James Worthy like impact for that team and they can win a ton of rings.

If Harden leaves he can become Joe Johnson and be a top 5 SG who isn't good enough to carry his team deep to the promised land and nobody remembers in 20 years. Or he can stay with a team with potential to win rings until 2020 and beyond and leave a legacy that will get him HOF mention and make him a career winner and grade A teammate.

I get the point your making and its one I agree with, he could every well end up damaging his legacy by leaving to be the man and being on a perennial loser. I just dont like the comparisons, I honestly dont believe that Worthy was good enough to expand his game without Magic and do you think JJ hurt his career? Hes become the most overrated player of his era IMO so I dont think you can fault a decision that led to him being a 7x All-Star. Even Manu, as great as he played only made a few All-Star games.

Personally I think Harden now has played better than JJ ever has, even with JJ being "the man" but I dont think its an opinion shared by many, maybe they would if Harden left to be the man. I just wish it didnt need to come to that for people to realize how to measure greatness.

NYY 26 to 7
04-10-2012, 07:31 PM

The man who first called me pathetic and blasted me for making this thread has a signature with Carmelo, Amare, and Chandler.

He said I was pathetic because I wanted Harden to go elsewhere... Criticizing me and saying that this is what is wrong with fans and players because its no longer about the team..........

Yet he has a picture of Melo in his sig and Melo is the epitome of exactly what the man was criticizing me for.. Thus that makes him a huge hypocrite/dumbass.

Make sense now?

Just real quick melo didn't start this lebron didn't start this and even shaq didn't start this. Guys have been doing this forever. We just have 24/7 media coverage with nothing to talk about except the same stupid thing on every tv show radio show Internet site and newspaper. Guys have changed cities and teams since they were allowed to do so and it enables them to make more money.

But Idk why harden should man up but once his contract is up at the right time I'm sure he will either get a big extension or sign a bigger deal if they can't offer him one. It will pretty much always come down to money or where you want to live I the money is close. Someone like lebron who maybe left a mil or 2 on the table (with taxes prob not even) he makes more money in endorsements and has set his fam for generations. But a young player like harden should get as much money as he can while he is young because you don't know when it will end. I'd rather have my family set than have a ring - of course both is better but this is these guys jobs. As fans it's easy to say win the game you need championships but you can try to do that after making sure you have the best financial situation for your family. I know it's alot of money regardless but you never know what can happen and this could be the only job they ever need and set their family for a couple generations so they should always be first.

smith&wesson
04-10-2012, 07:33 PM
I dont get

I probably worded that wrong.

imo ibaka's role would be harder to replace then hardens because okc already has some potent scorers. .

i kinda get what the op is saying. for example harden in toronto would absolutley blow up as a first option..

but not all players have that me first mentality. he must know he has a much better chance to win a ship with okc, then to join a team that literally has no chance but he will be the best player.

2-ONE-5
04-10-2012, 07:34 PM

Make sense now?

Where did I say anywhere that Harden should demand a trade?? Where??

Do I have to explain common sense to you as well??

no bcuz this has nothing to do with anything u just mentioned. u simply ripped someone for disagreeing with u.

did u not say "Is Harden going to realize this and do whats best for himself??"

doesnt that sound exactly what ur saying Melo did?

thedfactor
04-10-2012, 07:40 PM
I don't like Harden, but he's a fine baller and sometimes you put the mega ego aside, get solid pay and choose to play on a winner. Joe Johnson comes to mind leaving PHX for big money and he's never come close to a title in Atlanta.

He won't get the HUGE payday staying in OKC, but he can still get good money there and play each year for a title.

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 07:41 PM
no bcuz this has nothing to do with anything u just mentioned. u simply ripped someone for disagreeing with u.

did u not say "Is Harden going to realize this and do whats best for himself??"

doesnt that sound exactly what ur saying Melo did?

Dude EXACTLY lol. It's exactly the same thing. You finally understand. That's why I'm bashing the guy because he called me a pathetic fan for saying harden should do what is best for his career, yet he's supporting Melo who did the exact same thing I want Harden to do (not demand a trade but leave).

Make sense yet? I could all night.

2-ONE-5
04-10-2012, 07:50 PM
he didnt bring up Melo. u did bcuz he had a picture of him and u randomly blasted him for it

meloman1592
04-10-2012, 07:50 PM

He's an athlete. An athletes career can end in the blink of an eye. He would be stupid not to secure himself financially

CudiOnMyiPod
04-10-2012, 07:53 PM
When has he had the chance to leave?

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 07:53 PM
he didnt bring up Melo. u did bcuz he had a picture of him and u randomly blasted him for it

He randomly blasted me for this thread?? I can keep going. Stop acting like I'm some devil lol..

when a dumbass is going to call me a pathetic fan because I suggested something reasonable than yeah I'm going to call the mother ****er out

get off my nuts

2-ONE-5
04-10-2012, 08:02 PM
im on ur nuts? grow up. your tryin to say Harden should bolt OKC during his rookie deal lol.

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 08:05 PM
No I didn't?? Lol. I'll admit the thread title was questionable and has obviously has stirred up some unneeded controversy.

FraziersKnicks
04-10-2012, 08:17 PM
More fair? Are you nuts, Chicago already has what it takes to win a title, giving them Harden would be unfair to the league.

They haven't given me any reason to believe they can hang with the Heat in a 7 game series yet...

Jamiecballer
04-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Thank you.

i guess we can't really complain when players are selfish when a segment of the fan population seems to support it.

BIG worm
04-10-2012, 08:33 PM
harden will end up in chicago....book it!

dtmagnet
04-10-2012, 08:38 PM

I might be inclined to believe that if he wasn't young, young players need to make the most money when they can before their chance is gone.

Jamiecballer
04-10-2012, 08:45 PM
I might be inclined to believe that if he wasn't young, young players need to make the most money when they can before their chance is gone.

i've never really bought into that. you can buy yourself one hell of a cushion for when your playing days are over just by being smart with your money on a league average NBA salary. contrary to what most people believe not all athletes are complete morons and can't manage their money or be successful after their playing days are over.

mjt20mik
04-10-2012, 08:46 PM
I think they trade Perkins b/f they let go of Harden and Ibaka

llemon
04-10-2012, 08:54 PM
i've never really bought into that. you can buy yourself one hell of a cushion for when your playing days are over just by being smart with your money on a league average NBA salary. contrary to what most people believe not all athletes are complete morons and can't manage their money or be successful after their playing days are over.

That must be true, because honestly, I'm not sure I've ever heard any professional speak that was a bigger moron concerning NBA basketball than Magic Johnson, yet he is wealthy beyond belief (for an ex-NBA player).

Chronz
04-10-2012, 09:03 PM
They haven't given me any reason to believe they can hang with the Heat in a 7 game series yet...
I hear that alot from people who right before it actually happens, its meaningless without establishing what your focusing on.

If you wait for it to happen your not assessing anything. They have never been this dominant and Miami is looking vulnerable lately. I was on your side up until a few weeks ago. Its a 50-50 series IMO, last year I was in Miami's favor because they had the superior team marks and were ascending as the year went on, this year the Bulls are the stronger team and they havent even integrated Rose into the new system. Miami only hope is that Rose isnt up to speed or their Big3 turn in superhuman performances. I dont think they can win with Wade having another bad series against them.

Regardless of whether or not you think they can beat Miami they can definitely hang with them and giving them a player like Harden who both fills a need and is a legit All-Star caliber wing, would make it unfair.

Chronz
04-10-2012, 09:05 PM
That must be true, because honestly, I'm not sure I've ever heard any professional speak that was a bigger moron concerning NBA basketball than Magic Johnson, yet he is wealthy beyond belief (for an ex-NBA player).
And he played in the days where players were making pittance, I think he signed a 10 year contract once that was suppose to pay him less than JJ makes this year alone.

Baller1
04-10-2012, 09:14 PM
He's an athlete. An athletes career can end in the blink of an eye. He would be stupid not to secure himself financially

You guys are this like OKC is gonna give him 10 bucks and a handjob for staying in OKC.

If he stays, he's still going to be making 8 figures.

MintBerryCrunch
04-10-2012, 09:20 PM
He's gone when his contracts up. Face it :violin:

Raps08-09 Champ
04-10-2012, 09:32 PM
The kid hasn't even learned how to shave yet. You're not a man until your first shave.

It'sMyTime
04-10-2012, 09:37 PM
When his contract is up he is gone. Some team will pay max for him imo.

showtym24
04-10-2012, 09:37 PM

Haha. Not a chance in hell.

fadedmario
04-10-2012, 10:03 PM
If he played for a team like Phoenix, he'd average 30 ppg..

Chronz
04-10-2012, 10:19 PM
The kid hasn't even learned how to shave yet. You're not a man until your first shave.

lol

ewing
04-10-2012, 10:26 PM

I know Ibaka can block shots and im actually a huge fan but do you really think he could demand a near max deal right now? I dont know much about the new CBA but I dont see Ibaka signing for more then 10 mil and see that as a reach as well

NoahH
04-10-2012, 10:29 PM
He'll Probably Sign with the Nets, Deron Williams, Harden,Marshon, Lopez, Dwight

Probably? That's a complete shot in the dark and they couldn't afford them all either.

NoahH
04-10-2012, 10:30 PM

I agree with this. He could be top 5 in ppg for sure

blom85
04-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Haha alright smartass.

But he would still be a third option just like in OKC

Baller1
04-10-2012, 10:49 PM
But he would still be a third option just like in OKC

How would he be a third option in Minny? Love would be the face of the franchise, but Harden would be the go to scorer I think.

I don't know who else you're even referring to as an option ahead of Harden.

NYMetropolitans
04-10-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm a ****ing Timberwolves fan. Don't act like you've gone through **** LMAO.

You are saying I'm a bad basketball fan because I'd like to see Harden play somewhere else that would enhance his basketball career.

Yet how is that any different from Melo, Amare, or Tyson?? Even more specifically, Melo. LOL melo basically demanded a trade to be in the spotlight.

Which is the reason I said "irony at its finest" because your dumbass has a picture of three players who didn't even get drafted by your own team.

Gtfo

Melo was ALREADY in the spotlight in Denver Mr. Pathetic T-Wolves fan. Yea sometimes when I feel sorry for myself that I'm a Knicks fan I just look at your situation and laugh. Really hard.

Thanks. :)

PHX2daDEATH
04-10-2012, 11:02 PM

he needs to man up and come back home to AZ yes.. It'd be satisfying to chip in to OKC's talent pool, If OKC wins a title he ups his value before his Free Agency hits..

sunsfan88
04-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Harden will leave OKC once he's a FA. He won't take a paycut,

People have to realize that guys like James Harden have never got a big $$ so right now he's still living on his rookie deal. Every star player in the league wants to get a big contract at least once in their career no matter how unselfish they are and that is why Harden will leave OKC. But I think the Thunder are smart enough to trade him next season before the deadline and before he bolts with them getting no compensation.

I don't know why but I feel like he will be traded to Denver for Afflalo.

sunsfan88
04-10-2012, 11:13 PM
I know Ibaka can block shots and im actually a huge fan but do you really think he could demand a near max deal right now? I dont know much about the new CBA but I dont see Ibaka signing for more then 10 mil and see that as a reach as well

Other than Dwight Howard, there isn't any other play that impacts the game more defensively than Ibaka.

He simply makes people change their shots at the rim and scares the hell out of the people and keeps them from driving in. If there is a team out there that gets killed because the opponents always score easily in the paint, then Ibaka would definitely be worth near max deal for that team.

Giraffes Rule
04-10-2012, 11:16 PM

The difference with Manu is that he is the man as far as basketball goes for an entire country. So maybe his star isn't huge in the US, but in San Antonio and Argentina he's the most popular player around.

b@llhog24
04-10-2012, 11:39 PM
I've been meaning to ask this but what does you sig mean?

You guys are this like OKC is gonna give him 10 bucks and a handjob for staying in OKC.
If he stays, he's still going to be making 8 figures.

:laugh:

BKLYNpigeon
04-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Who cares, As long as OKC has Durant and Westbrook, they'll be fine. if they cant resign Harden of course they would trade him for some assets.

BlondeBomber41
04-11-2012, 12:20 AM
I hope they stay together. They are currently the biggest threat to keeping those losers in Miami from a dynasty.

b@llhog24
04-11-2012, 01:08 AM
I was going to say I wanted Harden on the Blazers, but I actually want to see this guy have a career.

Bruno
04-11-2012, 01:15 AM
who's better right now harden or ginobli?

C_Mund
04-11-2012, 01:21 AM
I'd be happy for him either way. I've always asked where the loyalty is in pro sports these days, so if he takes a pay cut I'd be ecstatic.
...however he could be a pretty special player on a good team. Even if he were the second option he could make a huge difference

Devster3
04-11-2012, 01:22 AM
Most likely he will resign for less money and stay 6th man. The guy cares more about winning and hanging out with his friends. Probably one of the only NBa players that isn't in a rush to be a star franchise player.

He plays to play basketball.

You can't beat a guy like Harden, any franchise would be lucky to get him.

He will stay with the Thunder and keep winning, they will eventually work out a way to keep all 4 of there core players because they are all best friends.

Luckily Harden is chill and not a dumb ***

Baller1
04-11-2012, 01:32 AM
who's better right now harden or ginobli?

I'll say Manu when he's fully healthy, but this season it has easily been Harden.

Bruno
04-11-2012, 01:43 AM
I'll say Manu when he's fully healthy, but this season it has easily been Harden.

yea? i'm gona wait till playoffs to make my call, but manu is 35 in july. i think it may be harden.

Mr_Amaziing
04-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Harden gots it this year

yoseppii12
04-11-2012, 10:20 AM

You probably made a lot of Bulls fans on here cum in their pants after that comment. Rose, Harden, Deng...I'd take it. Not happening though.

I see him going to LA maybe, him and Bynum would be dirty. (assuming this is after Kobe is gone)

Knicks21
04-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Sources are telling me that the knicks brass is prepared to make him an offer once he hits the open market.

Vincent
04-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Sources are telling me that the knicks brass is prepared to make him an offer once he hits the open market.

Your sources either don't know how to add or aren't clear on how the salary cap works.

Baller1
04-11-2012, 11:33 AM
yea? i'm gona wait till playoffs to make my call, but manu is 35 in july. i think it may be harden.

I'm giving it to Manu out if fairness; when healthy, he's still been the dominant, underrated Manu like it has always been. With that said, based off of age and Harden's breakout season this year, Harden will probably overtake Manu rather easily next season.

Also, like you said, the playoffs will be an important barometer.

Baller1
04-11-2012, 11:35 AM
You probably made a lot of Bulls fans on here cum in their pants after that comment. Rose, Harden, Deng...I'd take it. Not happening though.

I see him going to LA maybe, him and Bynum would be dirty. (assuming this is after Kobe is gone)

Yeah, thank god there's such a slim chance of Harden going to Chicago. There's no doubt in my mind that Chicago would win the championship with Harden on their roster.

alexander_37
04-11-2012, 11:37 AM

The have already won a bunch of games this season. Also who is there to stop them from going all the way??

Waiting for more stats about how the Wolves beat another team more often than the Thunder beat them ...

The Final Boss
04-11-2012, 11:40 AM

Apparently you're unaware of the history of these people.