PDA

View Full Version : Video: Ibaka puts the death grip on Dunleavy

spreadeagle
04-10-2012, 04:32 PM
LOL at Dunleavy's karate chop move! http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/10/video-serge-ibaka-puts-the-death-grip-on-mike-dunleavy/

The game between the Thunder and the Bucks on Monday was extremely chippy, especially considering that after the first quarter, the end result was never really in doubt. Oklahoma City sprinted out to an early 17-point lead and won by 20, with Milwaukee never getting closer than 10 the rest of the way.

There were seven technical fouls in all, with two of them being handed out to Serge Ibaka and Mike Dunleavy for their little dust-up shown in the video clip above. Ibaka puts sort of a death grip on Dunleavy there, and Dunleavy tries to escape by using a downward chopping maneuver that just misses after Ibaka decided to let him go.

Dunleavy isn’t a small man; he’s listed at 6’9″. But he clearly couldn’t shake the one-armed super-strength of Ibaka, and one wonders if he had connected with that chop of his if the league would have considered that a “punch” by its rules and handed down a suspension.

Baller1
04-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Hahaha, I hadn't seen that yet. Ibaka is a strong mother ****er, so I think "death grip" is the proper term.

5ass
04-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Ibaka pushed him to the floor and walked over him, that should've been called a foul. I understand Dunleavys frustration.

Bruno
04-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Ibaka pushed him to the floor and walked over him, that should've been called a foul. I understand Dunleavys frustration.

x2.

spreadeagle
04-10-2012, 04:49 PM

ya he pushed him to the floor, pushed him back down then T baged em lol and got super pissed at Dunleavy for giving him a lil push...Damn Serge looked pissed too hes a mean lookin dude

iliketurtles24
04-10-2012, 04:52 PM
haha, just wiffs the karate chop

haggis
04-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Mike Dunleavy deep conditions his hair. Gorgeous locks.

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Wow Ibaka is a douche lol.. why would you walk over the dude and put your nuts on his forehead and then death grib him when dunleavy gets pissed??

doesnt make sense to me lol

spreadeagle
04-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Mike Dunleavy deep conditions his hair. Gorgeous locks.

my new sig^^ right here lol

bigmac8675
04-10-2012, 06:02 PM
I enjoyed the **** out of that..... Dunleavy's karate chop was awesome!

xk4
04-10-2012, 06:17 PM
"Ibaka, going for a pony ride"

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Kuya_Clive
04-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Ibaka "You're too close close mahn"

Raph12
04-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Ibaka's a punk, he pushes him down, teabags him and then gets mad when Dunleavy took offence to it... I'd like to see him do that to MWP.

b@llhog24
04-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Wow Ibaka is a douche lol.. why would you walk over the dude and put your nuts on his forehead and then death grib him when dunleavy gets pissed??

doesnt make sense to me lol

This.

CudiOnMyiPod
04-10-2012, 07:56 PM
That was a ***** move by Ibaka.

iam brett favre
04-10-2012, 08:08 PM
:laugh:
Just a great video.

xbrackattackx
04-10-2012, 08:09 PM
The chop....hahahaha no one else lolling at dunleavys chop. Watched 10 times. Icocka amirite?

Kuya_Clive
04-10-2012, 08:15 PM
The chop....hahahaha no one else lolling at dunleavys chop. Watched 10 times. Icocka amirite?

he wiffed so hard on the chop attempt

netsgiantsyanks
04-10-2012, 08:20 PM
that legit made me lmao. ibaka was just like, "don't play with me *****," and dunleavy had to act like he wasn't scared **** less.

BigBongTheory
04-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Man, A **** move by Ibaka. That's Douche material.

Dunleavy should have reacted sooner then he did, right?

netsgiantsyanks
04-10-2012, 08:22 PM
ibaka does look like the douche though.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
04-10-2012, 08:34 PM
being a bucks fan ive noticed this year mike takes alot of crap and never really gets upset and is always a classy player and has good sportsmanship, i seen it as it was happening and didnt think he would even respond to it but he was really pist by it ***** move by ibaka tho made me lose respect for him!

mjt20mik
04-10-2012, 08:42 PM
lol at the Chop

michigan2489
04-10-2012, 08:46 PM
I think someone might be looking for some fingerprints!

Stress
04-10-2012, 09:05 PM
dunleavy is a power bottom.

Kashmir13579
04-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Ibaka pulled some Ron Artest ****.

Baller1
04-10-2012, 09:10 PM
It didn't look to me like Ibaka was intentionally tea bagging Dunleavy or intentionally pushing him to the ground..?

This video is pure gold nonetheless.

lakers4sho
04-10-2012, 11:26 PM
It didn't look to me like Ibaka was intentionally tea bagging Dunleavy or intentionally pushing him to the ground..?

of course, you're a thunder fan.

JasonJohnHorn
04-11-2012, 01:16 AM
I would never fawk with Ibaka!

JiffyMix88
04-11-2012, 01:29 AM
Ibakas a ***** no wonder his pt isnt higher

JiffyMix88
04-11-2012, 01:31 AM

wow homerism at its damn finest you probably think westbrook is better than rose too don't you?

chrism516
04-11-2012, 01:58 AM
You don't grab a grown man by the arm. Screw that judo chop crap, I woulda punched a dude if he grabbed my arm like that.

BirdIsTheWord
04-11-2012, 05:56 AM
You don't grab a grown man by the arm. Screw that judo chop crap, I woulda punched a dude if he grabbed my arm like that.

Not if it was Ibaka.

mjokc
04-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Oh yes, Ibaka is such a punk, no way he'd do that to Ron Artest. He only grew up in one of the most dangerous areas in the world, witnessing civil war as a child. People walking around strapped with AK-47s and mass slaughter. But that's nothing compared to ****ing Ron Artest though.

He115ing
04-11-2012, 12:18 PM
I would have just smacked Ibaka across the face.

smith&wesson
04-11-2012, 12:19 PM
wrong call again by the refs. such a missed call.

ibaka stood over him, pushed his head down, then grabs his arm and refuses to let him go. thats not cool for the refs to call a double tech. dunleavy couldnt have done anything but take it ? bad call.

mjokc
04-11-2012, 12:21 PM
I would have just smacked Ibaka across the face.

Sure you would have buddy.

http://velocity.t-nation.com/forum_images/8/b/8b04f_ORIG-internet_tough_guys.jpg

rapjuicer06
04-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Why does this make Ibaka a *****? I think it's hilarious...

Byronicle
04-11-2012, 01:13 PM
im starting to feel that some of the guys on OKC are dickheads

perkins, ibaka and harden

rapjuicer06
04-11-2012, 01:24 PM
MJ was a ******** and he was loved :shrug:

And I don't get Perkins...he constantly has a look on his face like he's wearing a butt plug or something...just looks irritated no matter what happens

Baller1
04-11-2012, 01:24 PM
im starting to feel that some of the guys on OKC are dickheads

perkins, ibaka and harden

How does Harden qualify as a ********?

Byronicle
04-11-2012, 01:32 PM
How does Harden qualify as a ********?

he talks a lot of smack, i.e. when Durant did a lay up with Bosh defending, he said Durant should've dunked it on Bosh, of course Bosh got pissed but Harden slinked away while Durant was defending his boy (im not a heat fan)

Harden shown a lot of his cockiness in the playoffs against Dallas as well ( i am not a mavs fan either)

you don't find Harden cocky

you also don't find fault in what Ibaka did

but you are an OKC fan, so i get it

(i am a Durant fan)

SpaceJamJordans
04-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Are we all gonna hate on Ibaka too?

Byronicle
04-11-2012, 01:35 PM
MJ was a ******** and he was loved :shrug:

And I don't get Perkins...he constantly has a look on his face like he's wearing a butt plug or something...just looks irritated no matter what happens

and so would Durant if Durant was a dick

if you are the best at the game ever, it kinda comes hand in hand that you would be a cocky ********. even if you are the best at the game presently, like Kobe in his prime, and Lebron now, it is alright to be a dick

but when you are not even a top 10 pf, come on now and all of that was really uncalled for. you are fully aware that someone is on the ground, this was all intentional and in a game that is being plagued by actors such as floppers, i.e. Chris Paul, people are going to call you out

BH-Sports
04-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Serge had no right to grab Dunleavy's arm like that thinking what he did was completely unintentional. This one goes to Dunleavy

krest213
04-11-2012, 01:45 PM
that N**** serge

northsid3r
04-11-2012, 01:45 PM
hahahaha, I grab my 5 year old son's arm just like that when he's acting up in public, the funny thing is my son tries to karate chop his way out of it too. This is just a funny video, Ibaka rubbed his sweaty nuts all over him. LOL

Baller1
04-11-2012, 01:51 PM
he talks a lot of smack, i.e. when Durant did a lay up with Bosh defending, he said Durant should've dunked it on Bosh, of course Bosh got pissed but Harden slinked away while Durant was defending his boy (im not a heat fan)

Harden shown a lot of his cockiness in the playoffs against Dallas as well ( i am not a mavs fan either)

(i am a Durant fan)

If Harden is a ******** for talking ****, then every single player in the league is.

Byronicle
04-11-2012, 01:57 PM
If Harden is a ******** for talking ****, then every single player in the league is.

every player talks smack

but Harden does it excessively and inappropriately like in a blowout. usually players talk smack when the game is close so that they have to backup their words through play but. so does Perkins and now so does Ibaka, and they do this when they are blowing out teams which is inappropriate and cocky and starts in beef because teams cannot get back at OKC through playing the game because its already over. this is why i am saying when a guy talks smack, its usually early or when the game is close, just to get that edge to win

it also explains why ive been seeing a lot of opposing teams trying to take exception to OKC

you dont see that often with the Heat when they beat down teams except when it comes to long time rivals Celtics (and that can be because of players like Garnett being a douche)

all i am saying is that some of the OKC players are heading to Garnett's league of douchebaggery

no need to get upset. i like durant, and he's the only reason why i watch OKC

topdog
04-11-2012, 02:03 PM

He has his hand on Dunleavy's shoulder to keep him down and then walks over him when he more easily could have walked past him on the basket side. I don't know how that couldn't be intentional.

Baller1
04-11-2012, 02:09 PM
every player talks smack

but Harden does it excessively and inappropriately like in a blowout. usually players talk smack when the game is close so that they have to backup their words through play but. so does Perkins and now so does Ibaka, and they do this when they are blowing out teams which is inappropriate and cocky and starts in beef because teams cannot get back at OKC through playing the game because its already over. this is why i am saying when a guy talks smack, its usually early or when the game is close, just to get that edge to win

it also explains why ive been seeing a lot of opposing teams trying to take exception to OKC

you dont see that often with the Heat when they beat down teams except when it comes to long time rivals Celtics (and that can be because of players like Garnett being a douche)

all i am saying is that some of the OKC players are heading to Garnett's league of douchebaggery

no need to get upset. i like durant, and he's the only reason why i watch OKC

Oh I'm not upset at all, I'm just trying to understand your logic. If you feel that way then that's completely fine.

tredigs
04-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Oh yes, Ibaka is such a punk, no way he'd do that to Ron Artest. He only grew up in one of the most dangerous areas in the world, witnessing civil war as a child. People walking around strapped with AK-47s and mass slaughter. But that's nothing compared to ****ing Ron Artest though.

Hah yes, exactly what I was thinking. Do people know the story of Ibaka? This is the hardest dude in the NBA by a country mile. When he was a young kid his mom was killed and his dad was imprisoned during the deadliest war in African history; over 5 million Africans were killed. This was only 10-15 years ago and I doubt a lot of us here knew it even happened. Who KNOWS how many friends/relatives/neighbors Ibaka saw murdered or famished off.

But, you know, Artest saw a dude get killed one time in a gym in New York so what am I even blathering about...

Long story short - if you think Serge Ibaka is scared of a dude like "Metta World Peace" after surviving one of the more bloodshed Wars in Earth's history, you are in need of a clue or two.

That said, watch out for them karate chops Serge - they'll get ya!

EYDI819
04-11-2012, 02:25 PM
IBAKA got some crazy eyes! :ohno::ohno::ohno:

Byronicle
04-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Hah yes, exactly what I was thinking. Do people know the story of Ibaka? This is the hardest dude in the NBA by a country mile. When he was a young kid his mom was killed and his dad was imprisoned during the deadliest war in African history; over 5 million Africans were killed. This was only 10-15 years ago and I doubt a lot of us here knew it even happened. Who KNOWS how many friends/relatives/neighbors Ibaka saw murdered or famished off.

But, you know, Artest saw a dude get killed one time in a gym in New York so what am I even blathering about...

Long story short - if you think Serge Ibaka is scared of a dude like "Metta World Peace" after surviving one of the more bloodshed Wars in Earth's history, you are in need of a clue or two.

i think the issue is that Serge is being a douche like Ron Artest. I don't think anyone is questioning how "tough" Serge is but really if he is going to do that to soft Dunleavy, then i cant see why people would not be questioning

With that type of history, you would also think Serge would be less douchey as well because its one thing to be tough, its another to be a dick and just because you go through that, doesn't give you the right to be a douchebag

i just want to see a superstar do this to another. none of this bs where players pull a Garnett and do douchebag moves onto role players (i.e. Garnett barking like a dog to Jerryd Bayless)

ROY 2 MVP Braun
04-11-2012, 02:40 PM

Thats all? its a shame:facepalm: just because u live through a war dont make you hard...1 of my best friends is from kosovo and came over when they where in a war and had been shot so had his brother they both survived but the family was brought here he seen his grandfather killed in front of him execution style and many other of his family members. does that make him a hard ***? no not at all does it make him a dick and do dick things like ibaka did? no not at all once again just because youve been through alot in life dont make u a hard ***

Baller1
04-11-2012, 02:42 PM
So Ibaka is a dick now because of one play? My god, you people are seriously ridiculous.

EYDI819
04-11-2012, 02:49 PM

They have no match with Adonal Foyle. He killed a lion when he was a teenager to receive his "manhood". Unless Lions starts playing in the NBA, I dont think anybody is as tough as this mofo!:D

rhymeratic
04-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Damn that grip....

Teeboy1487
04-11-2012, 02:54 PM

(i am a Durant fan) He has talked crap to Kobe as well and yes, I'm a Lakers fan :p.

Byronicle
04-11-2012, 02:58 PM
So Ibaka is a dick now because of one play? My god, you people are seriously ridiculous.

its the severity of that one play that matters, not the number of dbag plays and guess what, every athlete knows they will be under the microscope when playing in the big leagues. with that said, since players know when they get into a game, that what they do will always be questioned, why did Ibaka do it then?

ESaady
04-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Iblocka FLocka