PDA

View Full Version : Time for Skip Bayless to be fired: Lies about basketball career

Knicksfan1984
04-10-2012, 04:09 PM
http://www.thelostogle.com/2012/04/09/skip-bayless-lied-about-his-prestigious-high-school-basketball-career/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thelostogle%2FxLDY+%28The+Los t+Ogle%29

Yep, Skip Bayless was a high school basketball star. Therefore, he’s much more qualified to provide insightful commentary on the Thunder or give LeBron James funny nicknames than you are.
Or is he?
Over the weekend, we acquired through the Ogle Mole network some scans from the 1969 and 1970 Northwest Classen High School Yearbooks. Not coincidentally, that was Skip’s junior and senior year at the once suburban high school. The yearbooks contain team photos, season recaps and even individual player stats for the basketball team. Basically, they let you know if Skip’s claims of high school basketball glory were true and accurate, or if they were just wild lies pulled from the *** of the elder douche bag of annoying sports commentators.
We’ll begin with the 1969 yearbook. That was Skip’s junior year of high school, and the proud moment in his life when he became leader of…the JV team. Here’s a team photo of that JV squad. Skip is highlighted on the top row.

click the link above for the full story including incriminating photos

personally, i think its time for this troll to be fired, he has been the biggest knick hater outside of charles barkely that is allowed to analyze basketball for a profit

this man is a joke, he lost ALL his credibility with me today, and i find it laughable that this guy thinks he knows anything about the NBA or carmelo anthony

TeamSeattle
04-10-2012, 04:10 PM
http://www.thelostogle.com/2012/04/09/skip-bayless-lied-about-his-prestigious-high-school-basketball-career/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thelostogle%2FxLDY+%28The+Los t+Ogle%29

personally, i think its time for this troll to be fired, he has been the biggest knick hater outside of charles barkely that is allowed to analyze basketball for a profit

this man is a joke, he lost ALL his credibility with me today, and i find it laughable that this guy thinks he knows anything about the NBA or carmelo anthony

skip predicted the knicks to win the east and has tweeted constantly about our improved play over the weeks. I don't know how you say he's a hater when it seems he's the opposite.

Knicksfan1984
04-10-2012, 04:12 PM
skip predicted the knicks to win the east and has tweeted constantly about our improved play over the weeks. I don't know how you say he's a hater when it seems he's the opposite.

The Knicks are Back BABY!!! we're gonna take home the champions chip, hopefully, as long as harrelson keeps playing good, and we find some minutes for jerome jordan, i think we will be fine in the playoffs

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 04:13 PM
hahahaha this is funny no lie but regardless skip will never be fired because he probably boosts ratings more than anyone on ESPN because he is a controversial douche bag

mRc08
04-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Wow some hard core skip hater did some HW! nice job.

Baller1
04-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Stuff like this only helps cement his job as an ESPN analyst. He causes drama and controversy, and therefore boosts rating. Get used to him, because he's going to be around a while.

tr3ymill3r
04-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Would you rather have a dry dull guy on the television all day just agreeing with everyone, or would you prefer someone like Skip who makes outlandish comments but still isn't afraid to say what's on his mind. He's doing something right, otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread. If you only take one thing away from this particular post, DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME!

Durant is hype
04-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Skip bayless sucks.

Cfrey
Someone needs to slip something in his coffee.

PSD make it happen

smith&wesson
LOL do you know how emberassing it is to be caught lieing baout something like this. lol whear a bag on your head skip.

NYKnickFanatic
04-10-2012, 04:26 PM

Hmm, couldnt have said it better myself... :eyebrow:

Shareeb_omac2
04-10-2012, 04:28 PM
This is a stupid thread.

Durant is hype
04-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Would you rather have a dry dull guy on the television all day just agreeing with everyone, or would you prefer someone like Skip who makes outlandish comments but still isn't afraid to say what's on his mind. He's doing something right, otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread. If you only take one thing away from this particular post, DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME!

I love the comment of Skip being a Heel character,but he isn't a ENTERTAINER his job is a ANALYST & there's plenty of people who provide ACCURATE facts while being entertaining. ESPN is a joke! While Magic Johnson is the opposite he agrees with everything that is said,without PROVING his points.

metsbulls1025
04-10-2012, 04:32 PM
I love the comment of Skip being a Heel character,but he isn't a ENTERTAINER his job is a ANALYST & there's plenty of people who provide ACCURATE facts while being entertaining. ESPN is a joke! While Magic Johnson is the opposite he agrees with everything that is said,without PROVING his points.

The thing is though he isn't on ESPN to provide facts. He is their to debate what his opinion is on what ever topic they discuss.

IMO what he does on that show is mostly scripted to keep people talking.

Vincent33
04-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Come on Skip be an analyst, don't be a douchebag.

sjbirds
04-10-2012, 04:34 PM
he lied about his highschool career? bahaha cmon who cares?? and he is a knick hater? how can u be a hater of a team that is 2 games above .500...haha

KingPosey
04-10-2012, 04:35 PM
This is a stupid thread.

And that was the most stupid post in this stupid thread.

GiantsSwaGG
04-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Did you guys heard what Jalen Rose said to him today?

AceMan
The Knicks are Back BABY!!! we're gonna take home the champions chip, hopefully, as long as harrelson keeps playing good, and we find some minutes for jerome jordan, i think we will be fine in the playoffs

Really? No Knick haters have anything to say about this? Wow, I'm really proud of you guys, PSD is growing up :)

cstacks1985
knicks play no defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! start planning summer vacation boys . cause you will be making early exits you will not beat indy miami or chicago in a series playing that type of defense and jr ball hog and carmelo chucking up shots at willllllllll bye bye

Chronz
04-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Maybe he started one game?

iliketurtles24
04-10-2012, 04:49 PM
haha

Knicksfan1984
04-10-2012, 04:50 PM
The Knicks are 4th in the nba in defense, so you fail
knicks play no defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! start planning summer vacation boys . cause you will be making early exits you will not beat indy miami or chicago in a series playing that type of defense and jr ball hog and carmelo chucking up shots at willllllllll bye bye

WickedBadMan
04-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Haha, that Suggs douche bag line was classic.

But you clearly don't watch the show, Skip constantly talks about how the Knicks will make the ECF, probably the only analyst that actually thinks that.

Knicksfan1984
04-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Ur just mad because we have 3 superstars

The Ooh Child
04-10-2012, 05:44 PM
I don't understand why so many people seem to hate Skip, yet they keep watching him. And Skip is shameless, he doesn't give a **** about this

And I'm also pretty sure he isn't going to get fired for lying about high school basketball

jayjay33
04-10-2012, 06:05 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I luv j.Rose.......Water Pistol Pete!

Ebbs
04-10-2012, 06:07 PM
I voted yes because he is the most enfuriating journalist of all time.

BigBlueCrew
04-10-2012, 06:09 PM
yeah right...skip is gonna get fired for his high school record....hahahaha

this is your wonderful source? thelostogle.com did you bother to press the about us section?

TheLostOgle.com is an “obscure” social blog based out of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

I did listen to Jalen Rose and Skip go at it on First Take. I thought that was funny as hell.

John Walls Era
04-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah thats the reason he still has a job... his highschool career. Not his years of experience being a journalist or the ratings his show gets for him being and acting like an idiot half the time.

thekmp211
04-10-2012, 06:21 PM
how can you not see his genius. all glory to the skipnotoad

JasonJohnHorn
04-10-2012, 06:30 PM
OMG!!! TOO FUNNY!!! That clips with Jalen Rose getting on his case was brillaint!
Never really thought much of Skip to start with. Think less of him now.

ne3xchamps
04-10-2012, 06:34 PM
skip isn't going to get fired over this. He brings in ratings cause everyone wants to say what the dumb douche is going to say next. plus he has great fights with steven a. smith.

cbreezy34
04-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Im not gonna defend Skip but why does this matter as far as his expertise is concerned? If you based on how much of an expert someone is based on how good they were at sports MJ would be the greatesr GM of all time, instead he is possibly the worst talent evaluator of all time. All I know is that he's more right often then his wrong... he was right about Lebron wayyyyy before anyone else was and I actually agree with him on the Russel Westbrook point- it will hurt them come playoff time.

KnicksR4Real
04-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Really nobody gives a flying fook.

Sactown
04-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Everybody knows he's just going to brag about his FG%

hgtiger32
04-10-2012, 06:43 PM
This thread is proof of why he won't be fired.

---This is a thread created about an ESPN personality. We're talking about Skip and ESPN. Just the way they like it

3RDASYSTEM
04-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Anytime a guy hates on LEBRON/VICK/AI and any athlete that has that 'freakish' athletic ability/talent is nothing but a non player, all players present and past would luv to have they gifted ability with the skillset they have to match,well im speakin more for AI/VICK

Skip is a tool and he lost all and i mean all cred when he said NASH was the best athlete, not which athlete best suits his style, but he said NASH was best athlete cuz of soccer, What a tool..as where AI/LEBRON type could have played professional MLB/NFL/NBA and of course soccer at 5star level

I heard ROSE put him in his place earlier on show about not playing or being JV

iam brett favre
04-10-2012, 06:48 PM
:laugh2: When Rose called him out that was hilarious. I loathe Skip Bayless.

Kuya_Clive
04-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Rose was not lying in the fab five documentary where he says that he was a student of trash talk. He said that he would study up on his opponents and use whatever he learned against them. He's still got it lol

GiantsSwaGG
04-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Jalen Rose finised Skipp to the point Skipp was speechless

GiantsSwaGG
04-10-2012, 06:55 PM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDQQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2012%2F0 4%2F10%2Fjalen-rose-skip-bayless-basketball-lie_n_1415422.html&ei=5rmET5bONYXi0QHD_syvBw&usg=AFQjCNFXmqAaoHfMoTyzi12xN1DUi2qP-w

Here's the link for the p who might of missed it!

Azzacadabra
04-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Skip is the ****. People are just jealous that he has the job they would love to have so they spew complaints in order to justify their existence. The best part about Skip is how he hooks morons into getting all angry about an opinion that he has the onions to put on national TV.

lakersfan01
04-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Stephen A Smith needs to be hit across the face with a bat every time he fake laughs and starts talking too loud.

Raph12
04-10-2012, 07:00 PM
I can't believe I clicked on a thread about Skip Bayless... You got me Skip, you got me.

SluggeR
04-10-2012, 07:01 PM
The amazing part to me, is that there are still people that felt skip was credible?! He's been ESPN's "Disney version" of a shock jock since he's been there. He owes whatever fortune and fame he's gained to Lebron. He tried desperately to be the modern day cossell and used Lebron as his Ali and ESPN ate it up SMH. He's the reason I stopped watching that morning show..Shout out to The Dan Patrick Show. The only time I can stomach watching that morning show skip is on, is when Stephen A. Smith gives him the business.

bucketss
04-10-2012, 07:02 PM

does he hate on melo? never knew i remember he had him ahead of lebron in his rankings awhile ago for best players in the league.

Cal827
04-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Someone needs to slip something in his coffee.

PSD make it happen

Dude I think that's the problem lol

Someone needs to stop slipping the acid into his coffee

Probably Stephen A Smith... which makes is pretty sad, knowing he gets owned daily by a moron that he drugged.

DodgerBulls
04-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Maybe Skip tweeted it when it was Apr. 1st on the east coast? Anyway, I like Skip. I hate the guy, but not to the point that he becomes a stress and a problem for my daily living. When I turn it to his segment, it makes me proud that there is somewhere out there that is more homer than some posters in forums all over the net.

GiantsSwaGG
04-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Skipp makes you watch him...he's a genius

TheIlladelph16
04-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Anytime a guy hates on LEBRON/VICK/AI and any athlete that has that 'freakish' athletic ability/talent is nothing but a non player, all players present and past would luv to have they gifted ability with the skillset they have to match,well im speakin more for AI/VICK

Skip is a tool and he lost all and i mean all cred when he said NASH was the best athlete, not which athlete best suits his style, but he said NASH was best athlete cuz of soccer, What a tool..as where AI/LEBRON type could have played professional MLB/NFL/NBA and of course soccer at 5star level

I heard ROSE put him in his place earlier on show about not playing or being JV

Lebron would get his *** whooped in soccer just sayin haha I agree on Football though

Did anyone ever think Skip was actually an analyst though? All you have to do is watch his show once and its apparent that this guy is just an entertainer that makes outrageous statements and vehemently defends them regardless of validity (see: Tim Tebow). He is great at what he does and this thread is proof that he is doing his job successfully.

Cal827
04-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Skipp makes you watch him...he's a genius

so by that logic.... dat asss is also a genius :D

NYY 26 to 7
04-10-2012, 07:38 PM
I watch the show everyday and it's fun to hear his rants that often are baseless but who cares its fun. Why does talking opinion about sports have to be something that is polite. This is sports it's a game. Btw OP skip loves melo and always speaks highly of the Knicks often too highly - part of the reason I like him. Hates the yanks but it's fun to yell at the tv and laugh at the dumb stuff he says. He does his job well which is to stir things up I'm shocked that so many athletes pay attention to him. It's wild he really gets under people's skin. It's like they don't get he does all of this on purpose to get a rise and stir controversy. It's sports talk its fun.

iam brett favre
04-10-2012, 08:00 PM
But to answer the question...no, he definitely won't get fired. Until people stop getting mad at Skip Bayless, he will be on the show.

KNICKS R BACK
04-10-2012, 08:24 PM
first of all anybody that gets riled up by skip bayless is a moron...thats his job, thats what he gets payed for, to amp you up and make you want to argue with him...second of all skip bayless is notorious for hating new york in general but this year hes been going out of his way to suck the knicks off and hes always sucked melo off, you're way off base here...im actually a fan of skip bayless because i understand his buisness, i go to broadcasting school so i kind of see where hes coming from when he makes all his outlandish statements, hes entertaining as far as im concerned...but if you dont understand the sports broadcasting industry, i can see how you can get so riled up...either way if you are getting riled up thats exactly what hes trying to do and what he gets paid to do

Bornknick73
04-10-2012, 08:38 PM
I actually love Skip. I think hes very entertaining. Him and Steven A. do great television. Do i put much stock in what hes saying? Not really but I watch for the entertainment value.

Obviously some of you look to him for the information value which has left you sadly disappointed and angry. Skip is entertaining and funny, if you look at him from that perspective and not as some angry jealous lover who feels betrayed you might enjoy him too.

Skip and Steven A. make for great TV so get used to him being around.

mjt20mik
04-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Skip gets paid to be a douchebag.

Broadwayjoe NY
04-10-2012, 09:12 PM
I've say it a million times and i'll say it again; he's just like Mike Francessa, he purposely stirs the pot and plays devil's advocate so people like yourselves get your panties in a twist and get all emotional and heated. And the height of irony, the one's who hate him/them the most, are the ones who watch him religiously. He's absolutely amazing at what he does.

If you want to see the real Skip, you need to catch him when he's a guest on someone else's radio show; he's much more subdued and rational, which clearly goes to show it's 95% an act on first take. There's a reason they renamed and remodeled Cold Pizza just for him; he's an absolute ratings king.

setman2000
04-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Jalen Rose called Skip out on air - Skip uncomfortable being caught in his lie!...Link with video:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/jalen-rose-calls-skip-bayless-air-trumped-high-214530179.html

JackB
04-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Who really gives a crap about what he says he did in High school.Give me a break

setman2000
04-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Who really gives a crap about what he says he did in High school.Give me a break

Because HE lied about it for a reason and was caught - otherwise nobody gave a crap. Skip is a piece of crap. Crap.

Gibby
04-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Water Pistol Pete. LMAO

Gibby
04-10-2012, 10:55 PM
I dont think he will be fired but its funny seeing him caught.

theducksmuggler
04-10-2012, 10:59 PM
jalen calling him out had him ******** his pants, i was cracking up watching that...Jalen Rose didnt give a **** i bet they told everyone to not bring it up and he said **** it im tired of skips dumb ***

Greet
04-10-2012, 11:59 PM
He had credibility with you to begin with?

hail2skins4life
04-11-2012, 01:11 AM
damn jalen shouldnt have called him out on that. that was really mean to do on public tv. i mean hes obviously really sensitive to that

C_Mund
04-11-2012, 01:22 AM
damn jalen shouldnt have called him out on that. that was really mean to do on public tv. i mean hes obviously really sensitive to that

It wasn't the nicest thing to do, but Skip has probably said some rather controversial things about some of Jalen's friends. I bet he gets a lot of respect for this one

Donuts365
04-11-2012, 01:23 AM
Hell no is this a bait thread?

cutiepie80
04-11-2012, 01:28 AM
I wish more people would confront Skip. He is just a jerk.

Shareeb_omac2
04-11-2012, 03:32 AM
im not gonna defend skip but why does this matter as far as his expertise is concerned? If you based on how much of an expert someone is based on how good they were at sports mj would be the greatesr gm of all time, instead he is possibly the worst talent evaluator of all time. All i know is that he's more right often then his wrong... He was right about lebron wayyyyy before anyone else was and i actually agree with him on the russel westbrook point- it will hurt them come playoff time.

truth.

bigmac8675
04-11-2012, 03:35 AM
I don't see the big issue here... ESPN wants the guy to be entertaining, which he is. He isn't going anywhere because of some high school lie.

meloman1592
04-11-2012, 04:12 AM
At least he's funny

Showtime Steve
04-11-2012, 04:26 AM
Some of skips stuff he says is truth. I think hes a great devils advocate. He picks the opposite of public opinion then argues it.

abe_froman
04-11-2012, 04:36 AM
i hate him,he's a professional troll and annoys the hell out of me...but he hasnt done anything to get fired over,and to get fired over that is just so ridiculously stupid that it wasnt worth mentioning.just do what i do and try avoiding hearing him

Knicks21
04-11-2012, 05:04 AM
The provides even more of a reason for espn to keep him, he creates controversy.

UnWantedTheory
04-11-2012, 05:23 AM
Who gives a ****? Half the ***** on PSD who ever managed the balls are something special. Oh what could have been had they not blown out their knee right?.........Right?

thekmp211
04-11-2012, 07:45 AM
does he hate on melo? never knew i remember he had him ahead of lebron in his rankings awhile ago for best players in the league.

skip loves melo. he is a big believer in the clutch gene, and he thinks melo has it. of course he does stuff like that cause its effing outrageous.