PDA

View Full Version : Report: Lamar Odom & Mark Cuban argued at Halftime

Fresno
04-10-2012, 03:32 PM
At halftime of his final game with the Dallas Mavericks Saturday night, Lamar Odom had an angry exchange with Mavericks owner Mark Cuban in the visitors' locker room in Memphis, according to sources familiar with the discussion.

Sources told ESPNDallas.com that the heated words were "the culmination" of an exasperating weekend that convinced team officials to initiate discussions on Easter Sunday that led to the parties agreeing to part ways for the rest of the season.

According to sources, the crux of the heated halftime confrontation was Cuban asking Odom if he was "in or out." Sources said Odom, who had played only four minutes in the first half, reacted angrily to the question and did not take his seat on the bench until after the third quarter began.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7796599/sources-lamar-odom-argued-dallas-mavericks-owner-mark-cuban

mRc08
04-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Why did odom B**ch out so bad?

Lakerhead4ever
04-10-2012, 03:38 PM
i have a strong dislike for cuban so i am happy to see him and the mavs struggle with odom.

at the start of the season they were laughing at the lakers as if it was a steal, funny how things change lol

spreadeagle
04-10-2012, 03:38 PM
I was watching that dumb show hes on and it really seemed like his wife was the one telling his agent to trade him "because she was annoyed at him being depressed about the aborted Paul trade" hes pretty mentally weak it seems, I think he thought of the Lakers F.O as his family...you can do that I guess but prepared for that to end soon as your not needed anymore

Valkyrie
04-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Remeber this?

https://twitter.com/#!/DwyaneWade/status/2838772043

Iron24th
04-10-2012, 03:43 PM
i have a strong dislike for cuban so i am happy to see him and the mavs struggle with odom.

at the start of the season they were laughing at the lakers as if it was a steal, funny how things change lol

+1

F this moron

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-10-2012, 03:45 PM
lol LO is a funny dude

mRc08
04-10-2012, 03:45 PM
When dwade is done playing he really should be a recruiter for the military.

TeamSeattle
04-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Apparently Dirk & Odom were throwing blows in the locker room after the game and its reported Dirk go the better end. Those extra inches in height must of came in handy against Lamar "me against the world" Odom.

spreadeagle
04-10-2012, 03:48 PM
When dwade is done playing he really should be a recruiter for the military.

lmao

gotoHcarolina52
04-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Mark Cuban is a douche. I can't believe Ozzie Guillen spent 45 mins apologizing to this turd today.

The Jokemaker
04-10-2012, 03:55 PM
I guess that Khardashian lifestyle (famous and doing nothing) rubbed off badly on Odom. Oh well!

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 03:58 PM
I have inside information that it was because Cuban was blowing a line of coke and Lamar wanted in but Cuban snorted the whole line and didn't leave any for lamar

Valkyrie
04-10-2012, 04:00 PM
I guess that Khardashian lifestyle (famous and doing nothing) rubbed off badly on Odom. Oh well!

Did it rub off on Humphries? Odom has no one to blame but himself here

The goods
04-10-2012, 04:02 PM

This pretty much,I respect him but I don't like him he complains more than the players do.

smith&wesson
04-10-2012, 04:12 PM
sounds like cuban put him on the spot. Why would you ask a guy who played 4 mins if he is in or out ?

naps
04-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Mark Cuban acts like a coach. I like his passion toward the game honestly but I can't stand his punk moves around the team bench and locker room.

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 04:21 PM
if I was the owner I'd be just like Cuban tho

I feel most owners of professional teams stay behind the scenes and are more interested in the business side of things....

that **** aint for me and thats why I respect Cuban a little bit.. hes a douche sometimes but he is a fan. he loves his team and he wants to be a part of it and I would too if I owned the ****ing team and paid the players and all this ****

LTBaByyy
04-10-2012, 04:31 PM
If I was Cuban I would have done this earlier to be honest

Hope the Mavs go on a winning streak right now

LTBaByyy
04-10-2012, 04:31 PM
If I was Cuban I would have done this earlier to be honest

Hope the Mavs go on a winning streak right now

akesh99
04-10-2012, 04:51 PM

It was a steal.. Lamar just didn't live up to his side of the contract, thats all.

AddiX
04-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Odom is the kind of player that absolutely destroys the NBA players union during negotiations, the players got screwed in there last deal, you can blame a lot of that on idiots like this.

If I was Cuban I would take my billions and use it to make odoms life as hard as possible, for him to tale a paycheck and not even try is disgraceful.

Lakerhead4ever
04-10-2012, 07:11 PM
It was a steal.. Lamar just didn't live up to his side of the contract, thats all.

it WAS a steal but bet if they could take it back, the mavs would. This present day its looking more like a steal for the lakers,

and drake looks like simon berch in that video lol

Angelus™
04-10-2012, 07:26 PM
How can one player fall so hard after having such a great season last year

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-10-2012, 07:44 PM

Hindsight is 20/20... You know damn well you thought LA was robbed as well. Obviously no one saw Odom playing this poorly.

thephoenixson28
04-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Did it rub off on Humphries? Odom has no one to blame but himself here

Sleeping with the wrong kardashian.

CudiOnMyiPod
04-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Laker fans bitter about getting swept so they talk **** about Cuban when they have absolutely no idea what is going on.

Former Laker causes problems so what;s the solution? Don't blame him. Lakers are always perfect.

So glad that Lamar is gone.

WVNowitzki
04-10-2012, 07:48 PM
i have a strong dislike for cuban so i am happy to see him and the Mavs struggle with odom.

Yea ok bud, like you could see into the future. Everyone in basketball thought this was a steal by the Mavs, you can't change your story now because it didn't work out. Who would of thought Odom would be a little whiny ***** and have the worst FG% in the NBA and the worst year of his career. Get out of here with this smugness.

CudiOnMyiPod
04-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Yea ok bud, like you could see into the future. Everyone in basketball thought this was a steal by the Mavs, you can't change your story now because it didn't work out. Who would of thought Odom would be a little whiny ***** and have the worst FG% in the NBA and the worst year of his career. Get out of here with this smugness.

It's ok. These same Lakers fans are the ones who think Kobe 40% is having an MVP year.

heyman321
04-10-2012, 08:19 PM
I hope Cuban somehow manages to trade him to Charlotte for Kemba Walker (not realistic, I know) but just so he can have an even crappier time. Does he know what a great basketball situation he was in?

stipe1280
04-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Why shouldn't Cuban get pissed at Odom? He paid the guy to play basketball, yet all Odom did was sit around whining and acting like he was some sort of victim. Howard may have a bad attitude, but at least he shows up and plays in Orlando.

jmoney85
04-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Why shouldn't Cuban get pissed at Odom? He paid the guy to play basketball, yet all Odom did was sit around whining and acting like he was some sort of victim. Howard may have a bad attitude, but at least he shows up and plays in Orlando.

its professional sports... this isnt little league...you dont yell at players for not playing up to par lol... not every pro plays up to their potential... that doesnt give you the right to yell at someone especially if your the owner

jmoney85
04-10-2012, 08:53 PM
I hope Cuban somehow manages to trade him to Charlotte for Kemba Walker (not realistic, I know) but just so he can have an even crappier time. Does he know what a great basketball situation he was in?

why does every dallas fan think dallas is the greatest place on earth?... LA was a much better situation for him

heyman321
04-10-2012, 09:10 PM
why does every dallas fan think dallas is the greatest place on earth?... LA was a much better situation for him

First: I'm a Raptors fan not a Dallas fan, I just happen to like Dirk. Playing in Dallas where they are a perennial playoff maker is a godsend after having potentially traded to New Orleans. Odom can cry me a river. Yes I know that he has to deal with the death of a passenger that was in his vehicle, but boohoo, these things happen in life. If he had played up to par, Dallas would be an easy title contender.

Second: Your statement about not being yelled at in pro sports is ridiculous. Of course you yell at players for not playing up to par, Cuban wasn't paying him 9 million dollars to sit on his *** (well he is now haha) You don't yell at kids cause they're kids. You've got it totally backwards.

lowdown32
04-10-2012, 09:14 PM
It's ok. These same Lakers fans are the ones who think Kobe 40% is having an MVP year.

and romo always plays his best in december

WVNowitzki
04-10-2012, 09:19 PM
its professional sports... this isnt little league...you dont yell at players for not playing up to par lol... not every pro plays up to their potential... that doesnt give you the right to yell at someone especially if your the owner

Um, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it means. I don't think you should scream at kids, but grown *** men who are payed MILLIONS can withstand being yelled at. I know a lot of people don't understand Cuban, but that man is passionate about his team. He wants to win and bringing in a former 6th man of the year, who played no better than dog **** deserves to be screamed at for the lack of effort he gave this year. His situation could of be worse, he could of went to the Hornets, but he went to the defending champions and demolished the team chemistry. Don't give me this hippie, kum by yah ****. **** Lamar Odom.

The Final Boss
04-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Remeber this?

Wade looks like a *** on his twitter. :laugh:

jmoney85
04-10-2012, 09:45 PM
First: I'm a Raptors fan not a Dallas fan, I just happen to like Dirk. Playing in Dallas where they are a perennial playoff maker is a godsend after having potentially traded to New Orleans. Odom can cry me a river. Yes I know that he has to deal with the death of a passenger that was in his vehicle, but boohoo, these things happen in life. If he had played up to par, Dallas would be an easy title contender.

Second: Your statement about not being yelled at in pro sports is ridiculous. Of course you yell at players for not playing up to par, Cuban wasn't paying him 9 million dollars to sit on his *** (well he is now haha) You don't yell at kids cause they're kids. You've got it totally backwards.

a godsend? lmao

either way hes getting paid... I wouldnt call it a godsend... and odom is not the reason why the mavericks arent that good... maybe its because the roster is filled with mediocre players

Deemerc
04-10-2012, 09:45 PM
I thought everyone wanted to play for Cuban and be in Dallas, where they tip cows for fun on Friday evenings

Chronz
04-10-2012, 09:55 PM
I heard Dirk beat him down

Remeber this?

BUT BUT THE MIAMI THREEUNION it couldnt be possible with that move, surely Wade didnt mean it knowing full well about the Olympic plan :)

jmoney85
04-10-2012, 09:57 PM
I dont understand why fans think players enjoy playing every game when their boss is sitting right behind the bench and yelling all game... thats like going to work everyday and your boss staring at you while your working

CLASSOF72
04-10-2012, 11:10 PM
:clap:
I would love nothing more than to have a moment to tell the bit-ch Cuban off to his face. Way to go LO you are a true Lakers 6th man and I hope to see you back in the P&G.
Long live LO in Lakers land! and F Cuban.

CLASSOF72
04-10-2012, 11:11 PM
I dont understand why fans think players enjoy playing every game when their boss is sitting right behind the bench and yelling all game... thats like going to work everyday and your boss staring at you while your working

No doubt, we all know Cuban is a prickfirst and an owner second.

heyman321
04-11-2012, 12:27 AM
a godsend? lmao

either way hes getting paid... I wouldnt call it a godsend... and odom is not the reason why the mavericks arent that good... maybe its because the roster is filled with mediocre players

If Odom had played like a 6th man of the year, the Mavs would be contenders. How many times do you have to miscomprehend a sentence in order to understand that?

Sssmush
04-11-2012, 02:46 AM
if Mark Cuban ask me am I in or out then I am in.

I'm tired of this Odom story it is distasteful I don't want to hear about it anymore. Guy got problems, don't want to hear about it anymore, is not basketball related anymore.

Spurred1
04-11-2012, 03:49 AM
Lamar should have taken the year off if he was having such serious emotional issues and gone somewhere to deal with them effectively.

Cuban is a ******* of the highest order, but he's paying Lamar to at least put forth some effort. Lamar, for whatever reasons, checked out and Cuban reached his breaking point. The Mavs pretty much tried everything with him to try to have him play better. This is probably the best thing for both sides.

jmoney85
04-11-2012, 08:30 AM
If Odom had played like a 6th man of the year, the Mavs would be contenders. How many times do you have to miscomprehend a sentence in order to understand that?

you need a lot more than lamar odom playing well to be contenders lol... I didnt miscomprehend anything lol

BlondeBomber41
04-11-2012, 01:26 PM
I hope he gets a job as a crash test dummy and the car he is testing out turns out to be incredibly dangerous and explodes upon impact with anything.

Sssmush
04-12-2012, 02:09 AM

OMG. Yeah, I guess it FINALLY had to come around full circle to this, the claim that if only Lamar Odom was good then the MAVS would win the title.

Just... Make.It.Stop.

Lamar got problems. It's not basketball related. Let's talk about something else.