PDA

View Full Version : Serge Ibaka

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Ibaka is averaging 3.6 bpg this season in 27 minutes.

Last 5 games 5.6 bpg in 24.6 minutes
Last 10 games 4.8 bpg in 25 minutes

Every morning I'm checking Thunder's boxscore to see how's this guy doing:p

Could he get even better? he's playing so few minutes and fouls are not the problem. Could thunder fans explain why he gets to play only 27 mpg.

tredigs
04-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Scott Brooks seldom let's him get run in the 4th quarter rotation, don't ask me why. Scott Brooks is an enigma - and that's not really a compliment.

IndyRealist
04-10-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm not a Thunder fan, but I'm guessing because he's not an offensive option. In the 4th they probably want another shooter on the floor so you can't double both Durant and Westbrook.

holocaust227
04-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Every time I watch the Thunder, he almost always goes for pump fakes and gets burned when that big can put it on the floor. It can also be used against him for those who know how to draw fouls. These are the reasons that I can think of. I like Ibaka+Collison more than Perkins+Collison though. I've also been noticing Durant at the 4 and Collison at the 5 sometimes.

Mr_Amaziing
04-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Scott Brooks doesn't have confidence in him

MILLERHIGHLIFE
04-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Thunder will have a hard time resigning both Harden and Ibaka in 2013. Hope the Bucks throw a max deal at Harden.

Celticsfan2007
04-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Dude's a beast, I'd say let him play in crunch time. His upside certainly out-weighs his downsides.

Baller1
04-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Tre got the right answer. Brooks runs a small lineup every fourth quarter with Durant Arthur four, and we very rarely see Ibaka late in games. It's absolutely pathetic. With 35 minutes a game, Ibaka could average 4-5 blocks a game.

God I hate Scott Brooks.

mRc08
04-10-2012, 12:36 PM
He can even hit that jumper occasionally right? I would play him more

llemon
04-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Tre got the right answer. Brooks runs a small lineup every fourth quarter with Durant Arthur four, and we very rarely see Ibaka late in games. It's absolutely pathetic. With 35 minutes a game, Ibaka good average 4-5 blocks a game.

God I hate Scott Brooks.

Damn, doesn't Scott Brooks care at all about Ibaka's statistics?

TrueFan420
04-10-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm not a Thunder fan, but I'm guessing because he's not an offensive option. In the 4th they probably want another shooter on the floor so you can't double both Durant and Westbrook.

id agree with this

tredigs
04-10-2012, 12:48 PM

Not a liability offensively at all. He has a pretty clean/consistent jumper and is one of the top offensive rebounders in the league. Couple that with being BY FAR the best shot-blocker in the league (dude has nearly a 100 more blocks that Dwight in ~10 less minutes a game) and I can't figure out a reason why he wouldn't want him there. Collison's also great and a positive contributor, but I'd find a way to get Ibaka more 4th quarter minutes.

mRc08
04-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Not a liability offensively at all. He has a pretty clean/consistent jumper and is one of the top offensive rebounders in the league. Couple that with being BY FAR the best shot-blocker in the league (dude has nearly a 100 more blocks that Dwight in ~10 less minutes a game) and I can't figure out a reason why he wouldn't want him there. Collison's also great and a positive contributor, but I'd find a way to get Ibaka more 4th quarter minutes.

I'm assuming these stats you stated are correct, and if so, how is he not the consencous devensive player of the year?

Iodine
04-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Scott Brooks is ****ing awful, thats the only conclusion Tre

tredigs
04-10-2012, 12:54 PM
What bigs of Collison/Perkins/Nazr are you playing ahead of him if you're the coach and why? Bear in mind you have the top scoring tandem in the NBA in Westbrook/Durant along with the most efficient scorer in the NBA and top scoring 6th man in Harden all on the floor.

And I agree Io - only conclusion is that Scott Brooks is in fact a blathering idiot.

Iodine
04-10-2012, 12:57 PM
He doesnt Blather, in fact he rarely talks lol.

He has awful rotations and from everything I have read/heard from people he is pretty much an awful motivator/big picture coach, but he speaks to the management well.

Baller1
04-10-2012, 01:01 PM
I just don't understand what's so difficult about playing Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, and Collison/Perk at the end of games. It seems so plausible, although that's probably why it doesn't happen... Scott Brooks doesn't use logic.

Iodine
04-10-2012, 01:02 PM
^Because Fisher has grit

Baller1
04-10-2012, 01:06 PM
^Because Fisher has grit

Oh yeah, duh...

Raph12
04-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Ibaka is a great fit for this team IMO, the Thunder do a good job of collectively rebounding defensively (KD at 7.1DRPG, Perk at 4.5DRPG, Harden at 3.5DRPG WB at 3.1DRPG, etc), so Ibaka can just roam the paint and block shots all day. The only knock on him is his iso/post defense, he falls for a lot of pumpfakes leaving him vulnerable. I agree that Collison is probably the better iso/post defender, but Ibaka's impact on the paint should be the reason why he's on the floor in the 4th; have him guard centers if it helps.

I'd say do away with Perk and resign both Harden and Ibaka.

llemon
04-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Ibaka is a great fit for this team IMO, the Thunder do a good job of collectively rebounding defensively (KD at 7.1DRPG, Perk at 4.5DRPG, Harden at 3.5DRPG WB at 3.1DRPG, etc), so Ibaka can just roam the paint and block shots all day. The only knock on him is his iso/post defense, he falls for a lot of pumpfakes leaving him vulnerable. I agree that Collison is probably the better iso/post defender, but Ibaka's impact on the paint should be the reason why he's on the floor in the 4th; have him guard centers if it helps.

I'd say do away with Perk and resign both Harden and Ibaka.

Didn't Ibaka get dominated in last seasons playoffs vs. Grizz & Mavs?

3RDASYSTEM
04-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Hes getting the KB8 treatment his first few yrs as far as minutes played per game before he explodes and then becomes a modern day RUSSELL meets HAKEEM and then he will block shots rebound steal like a madman and score just enough annually to be a top 10 of alltime but a fringe top 5, depend if the media-psd compare him to more RUSSELL as he anchors that D for the next decade he'll be closer to top 5 especially if THUNDER can walk away with at least 3SHIPS in that time span...he wont win Def player of yr til being snubbed for like 12yrs...same time frame KB won his league MVP, watch it all unfold like the rest of the fiction we all seem to follow

FraziersKnicks
04-10-2012, 01:28 PM
DPOY is between Ibaka and LBJ in my opinion.. Ibaka is crazy

Missing56&33
04-10-2012, 01:32 PM
My DPOY....he controls the paint on defense.

BTW ...did any of you see the altercation between Ibaka and Mike Dunleavy? It was hilarious. LOL...Dunleavy couldn't believe he was grabbing his arm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyIpOsEkN28

Iodine
04-10-2012, 01:32 PM
While Ibaka does bite on a ton of shot's he shouldnt, his recovery time to reset his D is astounding.

Baller1
04-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Hes getting the KB8 treatment his first few yrs as far as minutes played per game before he explodes and then becomes a modern day RUSSELL meets HAKEEM and then he will block shots rebound steal like a madman and score just enough annually to be a top 10 of alltime but a fringe top 5, depend if the media-psd compare him to more RUSSELL as he anchors that D for the next decade he'll be closer to top 5 especially if THUNDER can walk away with at least 3SHIPS in that time span...he wont win Def player of yr til being snubbed for like 12yrs...same time frame KB won his league MVP, watch it all unfold like the rest of the fiction we all seem to follow

I agree with this guy.

holocaust227
04-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Didn't Ibaka get dominated in last seasons playoffs vs. Grizz & Mavs?

Yeah, that is why Brooks put Collison more on Z-Bo and Dirk. The dude simply doesn't bite on pump fakes and his D is underrated. Perk is for those big and bulky centers and Collison is for those stretch fours. Ibaka still hasn't been able to stop his urge on biting on those pump fakes from what I've seen this season.

If the other team is playing small, he'll put Collison at the 5 and Durant at the 4. Collison is like Battier at the 4. Unless Ibaka's defense against post players is on par with his help D, I think Brooks' rotations will stay.

Stinkyoutsider
04-10-2012, 02:01 PM
One word: Matchups. I think Durant has the length to play some 4 in the 4th quarter and that puts opposing 4s in a bad situation with his ability to get into spots and hit jumpers. Durant gives Scott Brooks so many options with lineups. If he wants to play fast, he can put Westbrook at the 2, Harden at the 3, and Durant and the 4 with Perkins.

I agree though. Ibaka has to get some more minutes though. He shocked me with his jumper. I think he's got a great jumper out to 18 feet or so. All he needs to do is get more aggressive low in the post on offense and use a post move or 2. With his shot blocking, there's no way he's not playing in the 4th, especially in the playoffs where possessions are so critical.

Brooks has a tough job lol. Keep Perkins at the 5 to end the game or bring Ibaka in at the 5? I would like to see Ibaka...