PDA

View Full Version : Kenneth Faried

Gideon
04-10-2012, 02:23 AM
This kid has been really impressive in his rookie season. Tonight he had 27pts 17reb 1ast 1blk 2stl on 11-18FG in 24 min! Albeit it was against Golden State, but that is still pretty impressive and Denver won 123-84. For the season he has a PER of 21.15 (probably go up after this game) and is averaging 9.4pts 7.1reb 1blk 58%FG 21min. Just thought this kid deserved some recognition considering there were some who thought his game wouldn't translate because he was "undersized".

AndyfromNeptune
04-10-2012, 02:42 AM
As a Knicks fan, the big argument in our forums during draft day was Faried, Singleton, or Shumpert?

I'm glad we got Shumpert obviously because of the Tyson Chandler signing but man, Kenneth Faried puts his heart and soul into every game.

If it weren't a "weak" draft, he would have dropped even further and surprised everyone even more. As someone especially from New Jersey, I am so proud to see his success on the NBA level. There's a spot on any team for a player of Kenneth Faried's caliber.

AndyfromNeptune
04-10-2012, 02:45 AM
Oh and nice to see a thread like this from a Knicks fan..most of us aren't homers..I swear !!

:D

Gideon
04-10-2012, 02:53 AM
Thanks. Yeah man, every time I see a Knicks fan post something about the Knicks or one of it's players in the NBA Forum I cringe. As for Faried, I agree he is someone who could fit on any NBA team and it's nice to see an NJ kid having success in the league.

AndyfromNeptune
04-10-2012, 03:01 AM
Thanks. Yeah man, every time I see a Knicks fan post something about the Knicks or one of it's players in the NBA Forum I cringe. As for Faried, I agree he is someone who could fit on any NBA team and it's nice to see an NJ kid having success in the league.

haha definitely, definitely ..although to be fair it's natural due to the amount of Knicks traffic that is on this site.

Cfrey
04-10-2012, 03:05 AM
kenneth is the ****ing man

04-10-2012, 03:10 AM
Faried made it look so easy, if it wasn't for the blow out, faried could have had a 40pt, 25 rbd game no joke, he was scoring and rebounding so quickly in this game

smith&wesson
04-10-2012, 03:13 AM
he has been a nice suprise.

3mikee_
04-10-2012, 03:35 AM
kenneth is the ****ing man

...imal

justinnum1
04-10-2012, 07:25 AM
the reason nene is gone...

blastmasta26
04-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Faried is a beast for sure. A guy that plays that hard and effectively will always be a great player to have.

myrnawqb
04-10-2012, 07:29 AM
http://www.vvio.info/jpg1Thanks. Yeah man, every time I see a Knicks fan post something about the Knicks or one of it's players in the NBA Forum I cringe. As for Faried, I agree he is someone who could fit on any NBA team and it's nice to see an NJ kid having success in the league.
I see a Knicks fan post something about the Knicks or one of it's players in the NBA Forum I cringe.

justinnum1
04-10-2012, 07:30 AM
incredible motor on this guy. could be the next rodman

thekmp211
04-10-2012, 07:37 AM
yeah can we put the notion that this was the worst draft ever to bed now? plenty of solid contributors, and a couple stars. far from the 2000 draft class.

i love faried because i look at him, and i expect him to be exactly the kind of player he is, which is a hyperactive/awesome one.

justinnum1
04-10-2012, 07:39 AM
i dont know about stars, but deffenity a bunch of solid role players

thekmp211
04-10-2012, 07:52 AM
i dont know about stars, but deffenity a bunch of solid role players

kyrie and rubio have big star potential. a lot of people claim valenciunas will be the real deal edit: i haven't seen enough to corroborate. so there are some stars.

and yes, the knock was depth. the following guys imo all have a shot at at least one ASG if some things work out - kemba, knight, bismack, d-will, klay, faried, shumpert and, somehow, chandler parsons.

guys like tt, kanter, vessely, morris twins, vesely, jenkins, isiaiah thomas should all be at least solid rotation/starting level nba players for a good chunk of their careers.

but some draft classes don't even produces two star type players, and it seems as though this one has at least two in addition to being much deeper than advertised.

justinnum1
04-10-2012, 07:57 AM
rubio isnt from this draft

thekmp211
04-10-2012, 08:03 AM
rubio isnt from this draft

yeah very true, i always do silly **** like this early in the AM.

with that said, just w kyrie alone i'd still say this draft is better than -

2010, 2007, 2006 and 2005 just off the top of my head. presuming kyrie is develops into a better player than wall, oden bargnani and bogut. seems likely.

justinnum1
04-10-2012, 08:05 AM
for sure, a bunch of solid role players in this draft. except "chuck" norris cole:pity:

kyrie will be a stud

jt1bui
04-10-2012, 08:35 AM
the reason nene is gone...

Sure was, his level of play was a huge factor in the trade of Nene. Good thing, I would rather have Faried, who isn't scared of taking hits and grabbing boards. He is rebounding and scoring at a much better rate than Nene.

pebloemer
04-10-2012, 08:37 AM
with that said, just w kyrie alone i'd still say this draft is better than -

2010, 2007, 2006 and 2005 just off the top of my head. presuming kyrie is develops into a better player than wall, oden bargnani and bogut. seems likely.

Durant, Horford, Noah, Green, Stuckey, T.Young, Splitter, W. Chandler, Afflalo, Fernandez, Hawes, M. Gasol, Sessions.

2007 was a great draft.

justinnum1
04-10-2012, 08:46 AM
not to mention farried is making like 10mil less than nené, nuggets GM is a boss

jp611
04-10-2012, 08:50 AM
This kid is a beast... Very impressed with him, I thought he was going to be more of a project, but he jumped right in and has been great this season

thekmp211
04-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Durant, Horford, Noah, Green, Stuckey, T.Young, Splitter, W. Chandler, Afflalo, Fernandez, Hawes, M. Gasol, Sessions.

2007 was a great draft.

fo sho. for the purposes of draft quality lets just call kyrie/durant equal because they were both no brainers. obviously durant is a much better player but you couldn't draft him with the .5th pick, ya know what i mean.

in terms of depth, i'd say this year has a chance to challenge which is far from how it was portrayed going in, which is pretty much my point. marc gasol is quickly becoming one of the best 2nd round picks ever.

thekmp211
04-10-2012, 09:02 AM
not to mention farried is making like 10mil less than nené, nuggets GM is a boss

i knew the guy was legit when they interviewed him post-melo trade, as they were streaking in the standings.

someone like clown Bucher asked him how he felt about the trade and he just kept saying how they got killed. still wouldn't tip his hand. i liked that.

Weezy
04-10-2012, 09:02 AM
This guy is a monster....nothing less to say about him. Excellent pick from Denver.

iliketurtles24
04-10-2012, 09:11 AM
i really wanted this kid before the draft. he can have a spot on any team in the league.

MonroeFAN
04-10-2012, 09:41 AM
I think he's better than Irving, to be perfectly honest. I know their positions aren't really comparable, but he's a beast.

PrettyBoyJ
04-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Yeah guy is a baller puts everything out there on the court

JasonJohnHorn
04-10-2012, 12:34 PM
He should be a lot for the all-rookie team.

KnIckFaN.2883
04-10-2012, 12:46 PM
I wanted the faried to be drafted by the knicks. I like his motor, and his game fit what we needed.

TrueFan420
04-10-2012, 12:52 PM
yea what will be interesting to see is everyone says next draft is deep... ima laugh if alot of those players bust and this class turns out to be better

Iodine
04-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Comparing this draft to past ones when were not even a full season through is lulzy. Plus Rubio isnt from this class.

Anyway I love Manimal, he can be productive in pretty much any role he is given currently. I worry about his longevity but for now he is sex

Iodine
04-10-2012, 12:55 PM
yea what will be interesting to see is everyone says next draft is deep... ima laugh if alot of those players bust and this class turns out to be better

This upcoming draft is so overhyped its ridiculous.

Stinkyoutsider
04-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Faried has shocked a lot of us this year. I knew he had a great motor and desire, but this guy can ball! I like the comparison of Rodman. Faried is a monster on the boards and moves his feet on D.

He'll be really dangerous if he can develop a 14 ft jumper. He's already got all the intangibles to be a starter...

Missing56&33
04-10-2012, 01:26 PM
He's a straight up beast. LOL... Denver kicked Na Na *** out of town because of this kid.

FraziersKnicks
04-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Rebounding is a skill that translates really well form the college game to the NBA.. Always thought he was gonna be a great player, but didn't think he'd be this good so quickly.

DeyAce
04-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Why can't Derrick Williams put up numbers like this? I thought that guy would come in the league and straight dominate. Guess not Kemba too.

b@llhog24
04-10-2012, 01:36 PM
I think he's better than Irving, to be perfectly honest. I know their positions aren't really comparable, but he's a beast.

:pity:

JEDean89
04-10-2012, 01:47 PM
kyrie irving is as good a rookie as they come. he is having a terrific season. that said kenneth faried is the man. the nuggs took a chance on the guy who's stock dropped like 10 spots after it came out how short he was. the thing is that height really doesn't matter if you have long arms and can jump high as hell. faried also never seems to get tired after exerting twice as much energy as anyone on the floor. he works so hard every play on both sides of the floor, he is as good as they come at establishing position. he averages almost as many rebounds per game as nene and he plays 10 less minutes. He could honestly have had a 35 and 20+ rebound game in his rookie season which is insane. he can be a rodman/barkley type, or a paul milsap, glen davis player. anyway stoked my nuggets and knicks drafted two steals, both GM's have done well.

SluggeR
04-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Ben Wallace paved the way for these type of players. I'm not going to say he's ever going to be what Ben was defensively, but the kid already has more offensive skill than Wallace.

pebloemer
04-10-2012, 01:52 PM
fo sho. for the purposes of draft quality lets just call kyrie/durant equal because they were both no brainers. obviously durant is a much better player but you couldn't draft him with the .5th pick, ya know what i mean.

in terms of depth, i'd say this year has a chance to challenge which is far from how it was portrayed going in, which is pretty much my point. marc gasol is quickly becoming one of the best 2nd round picks ever.

It's too early to compare this draft class to others as we don't know what it will turn into. I was just surprised you seemed to think poorly of 2007. Oden disappointed (due to injuries), but after #1 overall, the draft was solid.

MonroeFAN
04-10-2012, 03:08 PM
:pity:

pity? lol, explain to me how he's more valuable right now.

The Cavs are garbage, all he's doing is putting up meaningless stats on a bad basketball team.

PSD has irving's wang so far down their throats it's disgusting. How is he any better than Tyreke Evans was in his rookie season? His numbers aren't even as good as Tyreke's and he's been 'ready' to bloom for years. Yes I realize Irving's 3 point percentage is a nice one, especially for a first year guard who is asked to carry his team. Problem is his team isn't going anywhere, and they're not much better than they were last year.

Faried will be a good big in this league for years to come, Irving will be a good guard for years to come. I value bigs. I don't see this magical player in Irving that the rest of you see.

beasted86
04-10-2012, 03:19 PM
The whole NBA is undersized nowadays. Probably half the teams in the NBA have a starting PF that is 6'8", I can count the starting Centers that are 7'0" or taller on one hand, and a number of teams have a starting SG that is 6'4" or shorter.

Now 6'8" is no longer bad size for a PF as long as they have strength. Faried is a solid role player who will be around for years.

b@llhog24
04-10-2012, 03:33 PM
pity? lol, explain to me how he's more valuable right now.

The Cavs are garbage, all he's doing is putting up meaningless stats on a bad basketball team.

PSD has irving's wang so far down their throats it's disgusting. How is he any better than Tyreke Evans was in his rookie season? His numbers aren't even as good as Tyreke's and he's been 'ready' to bloom for years. Yes I realize Irving's 3 point percentage is a nice one, especially for a first year guard who is asked to carry his team. Problem is his team isn't going anywhere, and they're not much better than they were last year.

Faried will be a good big in this league for years to come, Irving will be a good guard for years to come. I value bigs. I don't see this magical player in Irving that the rest of you see.

Cause Kyrie is actually a franchise player. But didn't really know Faried is as efficent as he was 123 Ortg, .216 WS/48 and a .623 TS%. :drool:

thekmp211
04-10-2012, 04:01 PM
It's too early to compare this draft class to others as we don't know what it will turn into. I was just surprised you seemed to think poorly of 2007. Oden disappointed (due to injuries), but after #1 overall, the draft was solid.

i don't think poorly of it, i'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me at all if this class ends up comparable depth-wise. 2007 has durant, and obviously amazing #2 pick and worthy of being the best player in the draft. picks 3 - 15 have frankly been disappointments. mostly rotation guys, no all stars and a lot of frustrating role players. the draft is salvaged, not surprisingly, but some strong picks in the late first and second round. brooks, afllalo, splitter, baby davis marc gasol and ramon sessions actually might be better than everyone in this draft not named kevin durant or al horford, and they were all drafted after pick 25.

in that sense, i don't think it's crazy to think that the first 25 picks of this years draft can be better than 2007's. im calling kyrie/durant a wash as acceptable "best player in draft" types. valenciunas, derrick williams, thompson, morris bros, faried, marshawn brooks, shump -- have a decent shot at being better than horford and the pu pu platter. id like to think that no one is taking this statement as me predicting the future 100%, obviously only time will tell.

Iodine
04-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Cause Kyrie is actually a franchise player. But didn't really know Faried is as efficent as he was 123 Ortg, .216 WS/48 and a .623 TS%. :drool:

Because he plays on a team that has awful supporting cast=automatic awful player.

Clearly if you put Faried on that team they win 50 games by the allstar break, besides playing around 35

Iodine
04-10-2012, 04:30 PM
i don't think poorly of it, i'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me at all if this class ends up comparable depth-wise. 2007 has durant, and obviously amazing #2 pick and worthy of being the best player in the draft. picks 3 - 15 have frankly been disappointments. mostly rotation guys, no all stars and a lot of frustrating role players. the draft is salvaged, not surprisingly, but some strong picks in the late first and second round. brooks, afllalo, splitter, baby davis marc gasol and ramon sessions actually might be better than everyone in this draft not named kevin durant or al horford, and they were all drafted after pick 25.

in that sense, i don't think it's crazy to think that the first 25 picks of this years draft can be better than 2007's. im calling kyrie/durant a wash as acceptable "best player in draft" types. valenciunas, derrick williams, thompson, morris bros, faried, marshawn brooks, shump -- have a decent shot at being better than horford and the pu pu platter. id like to think that no one is taking this statement as me predicting the future 100%, obviously only time will tell.
Acie Law though.....

AddiX
04-10-2012, 05:21 PM
I remember faried in the big east tourney, the guy is just a work horse. Love his game, he deserves whatever he gets out of this league, denver should be happy to have him.

Iodine
04-10-2012, 05:26 PM
I remember faried in the big east tourney, the guy is just a work horse. Love his game, he deserves whatever he gets out of this league, denver should be happy to have him.

No you dont
http://www.msueagles.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1433

Crackadalic
04-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Theres a reason why people compare him to Rodman

AddiX
04-10-2012, 05:39 PM
No you dont
http://www.msueagles.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1433

Whatever damn tourney it was he beasted in before he declared.

Rain City
04-10-2012, 05:40 PM
The fact that George Karl is starting a rookie tells you all you need to know, he accurately compares to HOFer dennis rodman, average size for his position but outstanding explosion around the basket and effort level. Faried is a really big difference maker right now and will be over the next few years. If im Denver I dont think about letting him go unless im getting all star talent in return.

Go_NUGGETS
04-10-2012, 07:10 PM
I've been able to watch Faried and Rodman in my life...And i'm confident Faried will be a better offensive player than Rodman.

b@llhog24
04-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Because he plays on a team that has awful supporting cast=automatic awful player.

Clearly if you put Faried on that team they win 50 games by the allstar break, besides playing around 35

It maybe because I'm buzzed but what are you trying to say here?

NoahH
04-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Saw this dude early on in his career at Morehead State and was pumped up on him. He;s gonna be a good good player

UKBronco58
04-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Another double double at HT.

Cfrey
04-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Yeah he's got 14 and 10 at half lol but Love got injured so he's getting more boards then usual.

THE GIPPER
04-11-2012, 11:29 PM
16pts 12reb 2blk on 5-9 shooting

MrfadeawayJB
04-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Nice to see a OVC player getting some love...i knew he would at least be a energy/rebounding guy but he has exceeded my expectations