PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Grizzlies

Longhornfan1234
04-09-2012, 10:55 PM
The past 2 weeks: wins @LAL, @OKC, @MIA, vs DAL, and now vs LAC.

This team is scary with a healthy Z-Bo and Gay.

Do you think they're better than the OKC thunder?

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Better? no can they beat them in the playoffs? yes. memphis is going to be entering the playoffs hot...going to be a really scary team to face

also, props on a post without trashing wade

HouRealCoach
04-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Looks like either LAC will end up facing them

But the reason they are not better than OKC is because they don't have the best player in the WC... But I wouldn't be surprised if they beat them

Giraffes Rule
04-09-2012, 11:22 PM
No, but I do think they're better than a 7/8 seed. If they had a healthy Z-Bo the whole year I think they'd be 4th, probably pushing for 3rd in the west.

Jayrich28
04-09-2012, 11:40 PM
They r fighting for a top 3 or 4 seed....w zbo out so long this team is #2 in the west in my book the size to match la and the confidence already beating spurs last yr them okc could be west finals if they can get the 3 seed

thekmp211
04-10-2012, 12:00 AM
they have perhaps the most balanced roster in the league, when healthy, and while they lack a "true" superstar, there are guys on that team who can take and make big shots. they have been my sleeper pick and west team to root for all season, so it's great to see them rounding into form. i honestly think that they can beat anyone out west if they can put the egos aside. fun team.

TylerSL
04-10-2012, 12:09 AM
No team in the West should want to face these guys in any round. The Grizzlies are darkhorses and could potentially come out of the West.

Missing56&33
04-10-2012, 01:43 PM
The past 2 weeks: wins @LAL, @OKC, @MIA, vs DAL, and now vs LAC.

This team is scary with a healthy Z-Bo and Gay.

Do you think they're better than the OKC thunder?

Yes, they are a scary team but no they are not in the same area code as the Thunder right now.

mzgrizz
04-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Grizzlies are a hard working team with so many shared options. No one is playing selfish ball. They are focused and doing a helluva pace right now. They should have a shot at HCA still , and I think THAT will make them even more of a problem for any of the west teams

kenzo400
04-10-2012, 03:28 PM

But the reason they are not better than OKC is because they don't have the best player in the WC... But I wouldn't be surprised if they beat them

Aren't they better if they beat them? lol

mRc08
04-10-2012, 03:29 PM
I hope they rip through the west. I don't think we can call them better than the thunder or spurs, but they are hot and have the ability to beat anyone in a playoff series. This only adds to whats going to make an awesome postseason for both conferences.

The Jokemaker
04-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Grizzlies are a hard working team with so many shared options. No one is playing selfish ball. They are focused and doing a helluva pace right now. They should have a shot at HCA still , and I think THAT will make them even more of a problem for any of the west teams

Exactly, HCA would be huge considering how those crowds were in the playoffs last year.

I believe this team is one of the top teams in the West and could easily be the west representative for the finals. They play unselfishly, extremely deep, and can keep up with the big boys. And most importantly, their team plays very good defense and doesn't focus strictly on offense, usually a good recipe for success in the playoffs.

NoahH
04-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Now that they have Agent Zero they could win it all

Hangtime
04-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Memphis matches up very well with OKC hence why they took them 7 games last year. One major difference is a healthy Rudy Gay. He gives them that perimeter player who can create his own shot better that anyone on this team. Something they missed against OKC last year. If Zbo continues to improve like he is slowly doing then I would say they stand a great chance at beating OKC especially if Westbrook becomes a turnover machine.

JayW_1023
04-10-2012, 05:31 PM
They have a mismatch advantage versus every team in the West...such a scary team. They may just win it all.

Iodine
04-10-2012, 05:33 PM
They could either steamroll through a team or lose because they have awful outside shooting. But Zbo's ***...... :drool:

Crackadalic
Memphis is just a mismatch nightmare.

TeamSeattle
They have a mismatch advantage versus every team in the West...such a scary team. They may just win it all.

some analysts said last year if they would of had Rudy Gay they would have won it all so they definitely have a chance.

JayW_1023
04-10-2012, 05:34 PM

They will punk the Clippers so bad. If both squads stay healthy, it'll be 4-1.

The Spurs too don't match up well, and if the big three isn't healthy, Memphis will repeat the same thing as last season...just scary. I try not to think about it.

smith&wesson
04-10-2012, 05:58 PM
love the grizzlies. they will suprize again in the playoffs this year. book it.

b@llhog24
04-10-2012, 07:08 PM

Stern won't allow that.

Blitzbolt
04-10-2012, 07:57 PM
What Happen last year?The thunder left Sam Young and Shane Battier(Player who I love)Wide Open in game 7 and pretty much dare them to hit 3s and they FAIL while they triple team Zbo and Marc gasol.

I don't see the same thing happening this year with Arenas and Gay who able to make 3s and open up the Floor for the guys inside.

meloman1592
04-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Honestly it's not an upset if they beat anybody but OKC. I would pick Memphis to beat the Lakers, Spurs and everybody else but OKC. And even with that, I think they could beat okc and I wouldn't be surprised. I also think the clippers have the potential to beat anybody if they can get hot..Memphis is deeper though

Chronz
04-10-2012, 10:00 PM
FUARK ME if we play them in R.1. Come to think about it, this is the first time in history that I have ever felt bad about a team with HCA. There is literally not a single team the Clippers could play that would give them an advantage. Usually theres at least 1 team you could see a playoff team tank just to align themselves against a weaker opponent, for the Clippers there are none.

If we drop to 8th/7th we play the Spurs/OKC

Drop to 6th and we play LAL in a series that could see us have no home games

Drop to 5th and we play the same team only without HCA.

Memphis needs to cool off so we can play Mavs or someone.