PDA

View Full Version : Why the Bulls will never win a championship with their current roster ...

Pages : [1] 2

mudvayne387
04-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Go ahead and flame me, I don't care.

I'm not going to over analyze the stats, all I need is my two eyes. I don't care if they go 82-0 in the regular season, the Bulls will never beat OKC or Miami in the playoffs.

Their lack of offensive firepower will soon catch up with them.

I'm not quite sure if there has ever been a less intimidating #1 seed. Derrick Rose is a tremendous player, can drive to the rim at will, and plays stingy defense. But, teams generally don't win when their leading scorer shoots 43%.

Their second options can easily be kept in check by most mediocre defenses.

I'm not looking to start a war, but I firmly believe (as do many others) that the Bulls are still one All-Star level player away from being a perennial powerhouse.

Thoughts ?

NYKnickFanatic
04-09-2012, 02:35 PM
If they can make it out of the East, which is VERY possible, I believe they can win a championship. If their offense isnt clicking, they will rely on what they were built on, DEFENSE.

The Bulls are a very good team.

He115ing
04-09-2012, 02:36 PM
I dunno, they were beating teams left and right with D Rose out.

mudvayne387
04-09-2012, 02:37 PM
If they can make it out of the East, which is VERY possible, I believe they can win a championship. If their offense isnt clicking, they will rely on what they were built on, DEFENSE.

The Bulls are a very good team.

I agree 100% !

I just don't feel the Bulls can keep up with Miami or OKC in a long series.

wwwhat
04-09-2012, 02:40 PM
It'll be interesting to see if the energy of deep teams like the Bulls and Spurs will be able to counteract the offensive firepower of the Heat and OKC through 48 minutes of sheer effort from every guy in the rotation. The compressed schedule could be a very big factor come the playoffs.

jp611
04-09-2012, 02:40 PM
:laugh:

SANTHI
04-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Like someone said above, if we can get out The East then we've got this.

TheWhiteMamba
04-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Well lets at least see how they play with Rip in the playoffs. He's been a complete bust for us so far but the playoffs are all that matters. Because of the way we play defense we can hang with any team. I know we lost in just 5 games to Miami last year but the series was played tight till the final minutes in most of those games.

mudvayne387
04-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Let me make it clear, I'm not trying to bash the Bulls. As a Knicks fan, I would die to have their roster. I'm just not sure how they can keep up with high powered offenses throughout the course of a long series.

jp611
04-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Defense wins championships... Look at all the champs... They are always top 10 in offense and defense... Bulls are and can win a championship... Just because the Bulls had a mediocre offense last season doesnt mean they have one this year... They're actually top 5 in offensive efficiency

DaBear
04-09-2012, 02:46 PM
When was the last time the Knicks were relevant enough to win a championship?

jp611
04-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Let me make it clear, I'm not trying to bash the Bulls. As a Knicks fan, I would die to have their roster. I'm just not sure how they can keep up with high powered offenses throughout the course of a long series.

By playing tough defense, having the best D in the league, and coming back with that top 5 offensive efficiency

Baller1
04-09-2012, 02:47 PM

Way to add to the discussion.

I gotta disagree with the OP though, simply because of their defense. They can shut down any team in the league, and they've shown to be consistent in that regard two years straight now. I personally don't think they're getting passed Miami this season, but it's absolutely a possibility that they do. They still have a chance of Rip getting healthy, although I highly doubt it.

jp611
04-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Way to add to the discussion.

I gotta disagree with the OP though, simply because of their defense. The can shut down any team in the league, and they've shown to be consistent in that regard two years straight now. I personally don't think they're getting passed Miami this season, but it's absolutely a possibility that they do. They still have a chance of Rip getting healthy, although I highly doubt it.

I've added plenty to the discussion, just had to get my laughs out first for this awful bait thread

And Rip is healthy, he's played, he just needs to stay healthy

NYKnickFanatic
04-09-2012, 02:49 PM
I agree 100% !

I just don't feel the Bulls can keep up with Miami or OKC in a long series.

Against OKC and Heat, they would be very tough games and probably go to the full seven games. But I just cant understand how you think they wouldnt be able to succeed against them. It could go either way for sure, but I definitely wouldnt count the Bulls out against them.

mudvayne387
04-09-2012, 02:49 PM

In 1999 when I was ten years old , they suck, Im embarrassed, but I'm a fan and I'll stick by them until I'm dead.

Now, lets get back on track !

Baller1
04-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I've added plenty to the discussion, just had to get my laughs out first for this awful bait thread

He made it pretty clear it's not a bait thread. He's got an opinion about a powerhouse team, and it's completely fair and justified. Maybe he's wrong, but either way it's a fair opinion.

akia83
04-09-2012, 02:50 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/okay/grand/okay-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-218.gif

NYKnickFanatic
04-09-2012, 02:51 PM

:sigh: Why add fuel to the fire?

DaBear
04-09-2012, 02:53 PM

In 1999 when I was ten years old , they suck, Im embarrassed, but I'm a fan and I'll stick by them until I'm dead.

Now, lets get back on track !

They weren't even relevant enough at that point. Only got there because of the Bulls break up only to get demolished by the Spurs.

Catfish1314
What are you doing posting on PSD? You should be a professional psychic with that kind of foresight. You'd be raking in the money instead of drawing the ire of Derrick Rose fanboys on the internet.

In all seriousness, you really didn't say anything that wasn't exposed to everyone in Chicago's loss to Miami in the ECF last year. The Bulls didn't (really still don't) have another guy on the perimeter who can create off the dribble and force defenses like Miami's to ease their grip on the lid they had on Rose last year.

NYKnickFanatic
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/okay/grand/okay-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-218.gif

Who is this woman? Shes gorgeous.

jp611
04-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Also, I don't think that Miami or OKC can win a championship because they are poorly coached and OKC plays mediocre defense

Blitzbolt
Carlos Boozer needs to be the second option but I see West(pacers)and Bosh Raping him.

They Do have the best Defense in the NBA and are pretty long but I agree that the lack offense might hurt them once Rose gets shutdown and the 3 is not falling.

justinnum1
:laugh2: Not gonna lie, i chuckled a little when i saw this thread title

But i dont think your giving the bulls enough credit. they are a great team, a great regular season team and a legit 2nd option away from being a great postseason team.

My biggest concern with the bulls is they play at 100% every night and i just dont think they have another level. Yes they have improved there offense but so what? At the end of a close game vs an elite defense i just dont trust the bulls to win. Not to mention rose seems to have a problem making clutch free throws.

ECF this year should be great.

jp611
04-09-2012, 02:57 PM
What is this obsession with levels? If the Bulls play 100% every night and their 100% is better than these so-called levels than what's the difference?

LongIslandIcedZ
04-09-2012, 02:57 PM

Why not try and defend your team rather then bring the Knicks into it.

northsid3r
04-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Why cocky Heat Fans are setting themselves out for failure.

I'm not going to over analyze but you guys really need to wait till the playoffs before you start posting theese things, because before you know the Heat will get Knocked off and the players (Bosh) will be crying all over again while everyone else is laughing. Yes people love to see the Heat fail and laugh at every Opportunity they get. Half of the reason why is the cocky fans not saying all the heat fans, just the cocky one. Just wait till the playoffs cause you really are setting your self up. It's kinda like celebrating before the championship, Epic Fail....

mudvayne387
04-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Let me just add one more note to the discussion. One quick look at the team stats will show the Bulls are a middle of the road offense. They can get away with this because their defense is so good. But, when a team catches fire in the NBA, theres really nothing you can do but go punch for punch. And this is where I think the Bulls will fail.

Now, what is more concerning is how bad their free throw percentage is. The ability to make free throws in late game situations can make or break you in the playoffs. You can't allow great teams to stick around.

jp611
04-09-2012, 03:01 PM
And how do you know if the Bulls play 100% every night? Just because your Heat blow games and you claim its because they don't play hard because it's not the playoffs, doesnt mean they have a 2nd level, they showed no signs of a 2nd level in the Finals

jp611
04-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Let me just add one more note to the discussion. One quick look at the team stats will show the Bulls are a middle of the road offense. They can get away with this because their defense is so good. But, when a team catches fire in the NBA, theres really nothing you can do but go punch for punch. And this is where I think the Bulls will fail.

Now, what is more concerning is how bad their free throw percentage is. The ability to make free throws in late game situations can make or break you in the playoffs. You can't allow great teams to stick around.

Bulls are a top 5 offensive efficiency team, they are not middle of the road?

smood999
04-09-2012, 03:03 PM
i agree 100%...said the same thing last yr and i ended up being right...this yr ill say the same again...and we can revisit when the heat win in 5 again...also knicks made a finals more recently than the bulls no matter which way u want to slice it (to the poster that asked when was the last time the knicks were relevant enough...) and also for the most part this is pretty recent success by the bulls its not like they were a great team the entire 2000's so dont act like it...

LongIslandIcedZ
And how do you know if the Bulls play 100% every night? Just because your Heat blow games and you claim its because they don't play hard because it's not the playoffs, doesnt mean they have a 2nd level, they showed no signs of a 2nd level in the Finals

Truer words were never spoken.

5ass
great, another bulls vs heat fans thread.

JordansBulls
04-09-2012, 03:04 PM

I'm not going to over analyze the stats, all I need is my two eyes. I don't care if they go 82-0 in the regular season, the Bulls will never beat OKC or Miami in the playoffs.

I'm not quite sure if there has ever been a less intimidating #1 seed. Derrick Rose is a tremendous player, can drive to the rim at will, and plays stingy defense. But, teams generally don't win when their leading scorer shoots 43%.

I'm not looking to start a war, but I firmly believe (as do many others) that the Bulls are still one All-Star level player away from being a perennial powerhouse.

Thoughts ?

2001 Sixers, 2002 Nets, 2003 Pistons to name a few.

northsid3r
04-09-2012, 03:05 PM
great, another bulls vs heat fans thread.

yeah but he did a good job baiting on this one, even I couldn't help but posting and I rarely post anything on the NBA forum

mudvayne387
04-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Furthermore, I'm not saying the Bulls can't win a championship as soon as next year ! A true #2 scorer with the ability to hit the outside shot would surely make this team a force. But, with the team constructed the way there are now, they really look underwhelming.

xk4
04-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Also, I don't think that Miami or OKC can win a championship because they are poorly coached and OKC plays mediocre defense

Look at what happened to D'Antoni. Look at SVG, and Mike Brown. Tell me honestly if you think these guys are poor coaches or they just see the writing on the wall.

mudvayne387
04-09-2012, 03:09 PM
yeah but he did a good job baiting on this one, even I couldn't help but posting and I rarely post anything on the NBA forum

Gees, Can't a thread be made without being considered a bait attempt ? I'm not a Heat fan, as I stated previously.

smith&wesson
04-09-2012, 03:10 PM
they have done really well in the reg season in the past as well. for some reason they just cant seem to get it done in the playoffs...

DaBear
04-09-2012, 03:10 PM
i agree 100%...said the same thing last yr and i ended up being right...this yr ill say the same again...and we can revisit when the heat win in 5 again...also knicks made a finals more recently than the bulls no matter which way u want to slice it (to the poster that asked when was the last time the knicks were relevant enough...) and also for the most part this is pretty recent success by the bulls its not like they were a great team the entire 2000's so dont act like it...

They've been better than the Knicks, that's for sure. Knicks have been pathetic in that regard, and still are.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-09-2012, 03:12 PM
They've been better than the Knicks, that's for sure. Knicks have been pathetic in that regard, and still are.

Who cares? Neither have accomplished anything in a very long time. It's about looking forward, and going forward, both teams look pretty good.

Stop trying to make this a Knick thread lol.

I personally believe the Bulls are more than capable to win a Championship. I think they'd have a hard time with Miami, but they can absolutely win. Unless of course they dont have the mythical second level.

redwhitenblue
I'm pretty tired of the "Bulls are not a good playoff team" crap. It's ignorant and wrong. The Bulls did not lose in the 1st round or 2nd round, they really didn't even struggle winning the first two series last year in 5 and 6 games respectively. They lost to the Miami team most are calling favorites the last two years, and yet they're being deemed a great regular season team but not a playoff team.

Get a freaking brain if you're going to spew crap, it's old to see when it's so ridiculously wrong.

MTL_123
y are some people talking **** about the knicks. This thread has nothing to do with them. lol hurt bulls fans.

redwhitenblue
04-09-2012, 03:13 PM
they have done really well in the reg season in the past as well. for some reason they just cant seem to get it done in the playoffs...
They were a .500 8th seed for 2 years prior to becoming the #1 seed last year and losing in the ECF's.

God you people are idiots.

justinnum1
Furthermore, I'm not saying the Bulls can't win a championship as soon as next year ! A true #2 scorer with the ability to hit the outside shot would surely make this team a force. But, with the team constructed the way there are now, they really look underwhelming.

they are a Courtney lee/ AA/ wes mathews away from being scary in a 7 game series

Baller1

Well common belief is that they have that 2nd scorer, the problem is that he can't stay healthy.

MJ-BULLS
operation endure moron. nba forum.

but really, the bulls cant win a championship? some people just fail to analyze the game of basketball properly.

mudvayne387

Lets stay on track here Rico Suave

2-ONE-5

powerhouse.

Thoughts ?

Then is their record so good without Rose? Short answer: DEFENSE!

MJ-BULLS
04-09-2012, 03:14 PM
this thread better stay clean or its going down the crapper.

redwhitenblue
04-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Well common belief is that they have that 2nd scorer, the problem is that he can't stay healthy.
They have multiple second scoring options, but Luol's wrist injury has altered his play, Rip's barely played this year and Boozer's good efficiency isn't being capitalized on with more touches.

Baller1
04-09-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm pretty tired of the "Bulls are not a good playoff team" crap. It's ignorant and wrong. The Bulls did not lose in the 1st round or 2nd round, they really didn't even struggle winning the first two series last year in 5 and 6 games respectively. They lost to the Miami team most are calling favorites the last two years, and yet they're being deemed a great regular season team but not a playoff team.

Get a freaking brain if you're going to spew crap, it's old to see when it's so ridiculously wrong.

Well as far as the Miami vs. Chicago thing goes, the only thing we have to base our opinions off of is last season. And by doing so, it's fair to say that they're a "regular season team", considering Chicago dominated Miami in the regular season only to get destroyed in the ECF.

Baller1
04-09-2012, 03:17 PM
They have multiple second scoring options, but Luol's wrist injury has altered his play, Rip's barely played this year and Boozer's good efficiency isn't being capitalized on with more touches.

Well maybe the OP has a point then... You can't say you have all these second options if they're not playing, or not performing like second option scorers. That's how I see it.

Joshtd1
If that Detroit Pistons team can win without having a superstar, then these Bulls can. They are very balanced and have tons of depth. Not saying they will win, but they definitely can IMO.

TheWhiteMamba

How dare you bring sense into this forum!

redwhitenblue
Well as far as the Miami vs. Chicago thing goes, the only thing we have to base our opinions off of is last season. And by doing so, it's fair to say that they're a "regular season team", considering Chicago dominated Miami in the regular season only to get destroyed in the ECF.
All 3 of the regular season games came down to the final minute, not sure what games you watched that saw domination. And 3 of the 5 playoff games (excluding 1 Miami win and the game 1 CHI blowout) also came down to that situation.

So in your mind, and apparently the other geniuses, the only teams that aren't 'regular season teams' are the 2 that make the finals? What makes Miami anything more than a regular season team, they lost in the playoffs as well?

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 03:18 PM

Rips isn't breaking down a defnese, he's a catch and shoot guy, shooting 43% and 30% from 3. plus. When rose can be contained by one guy like lebron, the bulls need a #2 guy that can create his own shot. Rip is not that guy imo, neither is deng or boozer. Maybe lucas or CJ can do it but thats a really small backcourt.

redwhitenblue
04-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Well maybe the OP has a point then... You can't say you have all these second options if they're not playing, or not performing like second option scorers. That's how I see it.
And Miami's second option, Wade, is consistently hurt as well, I suppose they have to be questioned as a regular season team as well.

At least the Bulls have put another season together of stellar consistent defense. No other East team has done that.

InRoseWeTrust
Ahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

redwhitenblue
Rips isn't breaking down a defnese, he's a catch and shoot guy, shooting 43% and 30% from 3. plus. When rose can be contained by one guy like lebron, the bulls need a #2 guy that can create his own shot. Rip is not that guy imo, neither is deng or boozer. Maybe lucas or CJ can do it but thats a really small backcourt.
Are you relying on Rose rolling his ankle 3 times in the playoffs like last year to slow him down?

D1JM
04-09-2012, 03:20 PM

if you look pass the W-L column, we didnt dominate them and they didnt destroy us. Almost all the games came down to the last 5 minutes of the game.

MTL_123

Ohhhh No u didnt............All hells gonna break loose ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TheWhiteMamba
Should the Bulls win the title this year im willing to bet everyone here says we got lucky because of the shorten season..

InRoseWeTrust
04-09-2012, 03:21 PM

Rose getting "contained" by LeBron is an absolute fallacy. Rose had a bad ECF - he was gassed, admitted it, and just plain missed shots. The idea that a 260lb SF is going to guard the fastest one guard in the league for 38 minutes a night is ridiculous. I can't wait for the Heat to try it again.

MTL_123
04-09-2012, 03:21 PM
And Miami's second option, Wade, is consistently hurt as well, I suppose they have to be questioned as a regular season team as well.

At least the Bulls have put another season together of stellar consistent defense. No other East team has done that.

then we have bosh a legit second option

redwhitenblue
04-09-2012, 03:22 PM
then we have bosh a legit second option
Who, by his own fans, is called a baby and has some of the worst shooting nights in the NBA the past few years.

justinnum1
]Are you relying on Rose rolling his ankle 3 times in the playoffs like last year to slow him down?[/B]

:rolleyes:

Mike miller 2 broken thumbs
Haslem returning in game 2 playing at 60%
mik bibby our starting pg

come one bro, no need for excuses...

his ankle had nothing to do with the free throw line anyways...

gotoHcarolina52
Chicago Bulls = :laugh:

MJ-BULLS
If that Detroit Pistons team can win without having a superstar, then these Bulls can. They are very balanced and have tons of depth. Not saying they will win, but they definitely can IMO.

agreed. people also said that the mavs would never win one and that dirk was a choke artist, but hey, they ended up winning one last year with only one true superstar.

DLeeicious
04-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Let's ignore that they are the best rebounding team in the NBA by a long shot which has allowed them to be in the top 5 of offensive efficiency all season. Crazy that offense is so important these days that a top 5 offensive team doesn't have enough to win a title even paired with a top defensive team.

redwhitenblue
04-09-2012, 03:23 PM
:rolleyes:

Mike miller 2 broken thumbs
Haslem returning in game 2 playing at 60%
mik bibby our starting pg

come one bro, no need for excuses...

his ankle had nothing to do with the free throw line anyways...
Rose vs Bibby and Miller is your argument? Really?

Why don't I compare the impact of Omer Asik (broken leg) and Keith Bogans (old and ******) against the health of Lebron James and look just as dumb.

I don't recall Rose missing key FT's in the playoffs that cost the Bulls games.

SwatTeam
04-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Must . . . . . fight . . . . . . urge . . . to . . . . troll . . . . . I think the thing I'm most looking forward to in this years playoffs is the ongoing feud between Joel Anthony and Derrick Rose.

justinnum1
if you look pass the W-L column, we didnt dominate them and they didnt destroy us. Almost all the games came down to the last 5 minutes of the game.

They all came down to rose being ineffective with lebron guarding him. Dont see how that changes this season.

Baller1
All 3 of the regular season games came down to the final minute, not sure what games you watched that saw domination. And 3 of the 5 playoff games (excluding 1 Miami win and the game 1 CHI blowout) also came down to that situation.

So in your mind, and apparently the other geniuses, the only teams that aren't 'regular season teams' are the 2 that make the finals? What makes Miami anything more than a regular season team, they lost in the playoffs as well?

I've already stated I disagree with the OP, just playing a little devil's advocate here; no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Chicago and Miami fans usually like to keep this conversation elementary, so I'm attempting to do the same. 3-0 in the regular season, 1-4 in the ECF. Based off that, Chicago was dominated in the playoffs by MIAMI. I'm not talking about the other series, I'm talking about Miami since that seems to be the only team in the East in Chicago's way.

redwhitenblue
04-09-2012, 03:25 PM
They all came down to rose being ineffective with lebron guarding him. Dont see how that changes this season.
That was the whole "Rose had rolled his ankle 3 times" thing that you followed with your comparison to Miller and Bibby.

Rose didn't have his usual explosiveness. And don't ignore the fact that Rose just got to take a month off to rest his legs, he shouldn't be nearly as fatigued as last year.

MTL_123
Rose getting "contained" by LeBron is an absolute fallacy. Rose had a bad ECF - he was gassed, admitted it, and just plain missed shots. The idea that a 260lb SF is going to guard the fastest one guard in the league for 38 minutes a night is ridiculous. I can't wait for the Heat to try it again.

no one said Lebron can guard rose for 38min were do all u bulls fans come up with that. Lebron was/is able to contain him for a good 3-4mins a game which he was able to do. And for the Rose was tired excuse come on thats the worst excuse ever cuz only rose was playing right lebron was just sitting on the bench til the last 3 min to play. Just admitted it that Lebron locked him down the last few mins of the game. Theres nothing wrong with it

MJ-BULLS

Hamilton isnt just a catch and shoot guy. find me some proof.

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 03:26 PM

He doesnt need to guard him all 38. Just at the end of close games where he showed game after game he can contain rose. This is not something I am making up...

D1JM
04-09-2012, 03:26 PM

if you want to give all the credit to lebron than do it. but dont forget that the heat have some good help defense too. they all chipped in to stop rose or are you going to ignore that?

redwhitenblue
04-09-2012, 03:27 PM
if you want to give all the credit to lebron than do it. but dont forget that the heat have some good help defense too. they all chipped in to stop rose or are you going to ignore that?
They had to, because aside from one or two times when Rose tried to shoot over Lebron, he ran right by him several times only to come up to Anthony or Bosh.

Of course, this year's Miami defense isn't close to last year's.

Baller1
04-09-2012, 03:27 PM

A hurt Wade is better than a fully healthy Deng, Boozer, or Rip 10 times out of 10. Not only that, but Bosh is a better second option than any of those three as well, so your point remains moot.

5ass
04-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Hamilton isnt just a catch and shoot guy. find me some proof.

ur sig reminds me of that roger rabbit movie

MTL_123

ya for sure it wasnt only Lebron. Miami has really good help defense but in the last 1-2 mins of the game it was almost always iso with rose on lebron

justinnum1
Who, by his own fans, is called a baby and has some of the worst shooting nights in the NBA the past few years.

Bosh was the mvp of that ECF last year, shooting over 60% and being guarded by noah. Sure he has his nights, but so does boozer. But bosh showed up every game fo the playoffs in big moments, cant say the same about lebron, but then again we will only win if lebron shows up.

MTL_123
04-09-2012, 03:29 PM
A hurt Wade is better than a fully healthy Deng, Boozer, or Rip 10 times out of 10. Not only that, but Bosh is a better second option than any of those three as well, so your point remains moot.

lol :D

Ezio
Lebron couldn't even contained someone he jumped over, but he'll contain someone who is arguably one of the fastest player in the league. I've heard it all.

InRoseWeTrust
He doesnt need to guard him all 38. Just at the end of close games where he showed game after game he can contain rose. This is not something I am making up...

You're not making things up, you're just incorrect. Rose got his shots of fine 95% of the time...he just missed. He was completely gassed by that point in the playoffs and nothing was left in the tank. Rose can take any big player off the dribble, just like f'ing John Lucas did to LeBron earlier this year.

Cfrey
04-09-2012, 03:30 PM
when its go time and the Heat need to win then lebron will shut rose down.. that simple so i agree with the OP

TheWhiteMamba
I dont understand why my fellow Bulls fans feed the trolls. The only thing that matters is the Bulls and Heat BOTH have something to prove in the playoffs. Defense wins championships, always has and always will. We are good enough on offense to get it done. Also enough with this whole, "heat have another level." As another poster said, where was this level in the finals? Or were they bored?

MJ-BULLS
ur sig reminds me of that roger rabbit movie

Noah the gunslinger. :)

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Rose vs Bibby and Miller is your argument? Really?

Why don't I compare the impact of Omer Asik (broken leg) and Keith Bogans (old and ******) against the health of Lebron James and look just as dumb.

I don't recall Rose missing key FT's in the playoffs that cost the Bulls games.

He did. Game 5.

InRoseWeTrust
Bosh was the mvp of that ECF last year, shooting over 60% and being guarded by noah. Sure he has his nights, but so does boozer. But bosh showed up every game fo the playoffs in big moments, cant say the same about lebron, but then again we will only win if lebron shows up.

I think the biggest moment he showed up for was crying on his knees in the tunnel after the finals. How manly that was to watch...

effen5
Not sure why Miami fans are cocky....they haven't done **** either.

Who cares if they are explosive or flashy....last time I checked the Spurs has 3 titles last decade and 1 in 99 by not being flashy but playing good hard nose defense and playing solid fundamental basketball. Some people call it boring but watching Bulls defense is just :drool:

If I had a chance to model a team between the Spurs or the Heat, its easily the Spurs.

Rip please be healthy and shoot your avg ppg in the playoffs like you normally do so we can shut all these people up...

Thanks.

effen5
04-09-2012, 03:34 PM
As for OP, I know you feel this way about the Bulls but I feel the Knicks are in mediocrity and salary cap hell again for the next decade...so good luck with that.

jp611
04-09-2012, 03:35 PM

Look at what happened to D'Antoni. Look at SVG, and Mike Brown. Tell me honestly if you think these guys are poor coaches or they just see the writing on the wall.

None of them have won a ring

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 03:36 PM
I think the biggest moment he showed up for was crying on his knees in the tunnel after the finals. How manly that was to watch...

I will watch that all day long, he showed up and played hard which is more than i can say about lebron. Plus, bosh is the one guy the bulls had no answer for, none. boozer wasn;t doing **** to help his team win. Bosh can cry all day long, as long as he gives the effort he did. replace bosh with boozer and the bulls most likely win that series.

kdspurman
04-09-2012, 03:38 PM
You can win a title with your defense. Stopping offenses this year was is much harder to do than in 2004 when the Pistons did it.

Fact is, guys need to knock down shots. I know Bogans couldn't hit anything which was tough to watch for Bulls fans at times. But the shooters they have need to hit shots. Cause Rose is going to have to be the drive/dish guard as the defense will likely swarm him.

And this is not just vs Miami. This is against any opponent. Miami/Chicago both need to get to the ECF.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-09-2012, 03:39 PM
As for OP, I know you feel this way about the Bulls but I feel the Knicks are in mediocrity and salary cap hell again for the next decade...so good luck with that.

Not about the Knicks at all, why try and make it about the Knicks?

1-800-STFU
04-09-2012, 03:40 PM
The Bulls wont win because they dont have Iman Shumpert and Tracy Mcgrady

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2012, 03:41 PM

what I dont understand is why the knicks are brought up. Who cares what fan the OP is, Knicks have nothing to do with it, Just because we beat you one time and nobody could come close to stoping melo yesterday doesnt mean knicks have something to do with this, very funny though what have the knicks done, let me ask you how many finals apperances have the bulls been in since 99? How many championships since 99? Knicks are pretty bad no doubt, But Dont sit here and act like the bulls are at all impressive, regular season sucess but no playoff sucess is the same as the knicks. It comes down to championships and the bulls dont have any, To answer the OP I do think the bulls will make the championship this year, I think they have enough fire power and rose is getting healthy he will be more fresh, But i can see it going either way,

effen5
You can win a title with your defense. Stopping offenses this year was is much harder to do than in 2004 when the Pistons did it.

Fact is, guys need to knock down shots. I know Bogans couldn't hit anything which was tough to watch for Bulls fans at times. But the shooters they have need to hit shots. Cause Rose is going to have to be the drive/dish guard as the defense will likely swarm him.

And this is not just vs Miami. This is against any opponent. Miami/Chicago both need to get to the ECF.

Which is why Rip is extremely important to this team.

He not only avgs 20ppg in the playoffs but his experience will help this team tremendously.

Hustla23
I think the Bulls are a better team than Miami based on the sheer statistics (Bulls have a higher SRS rating.)

But in the playoffs, a huge part of success is due to matchups.

The Bulls don't match up well with Miami at all and they'll have to play Miami for a minimum of 4 games. You're not gonna play the Pistons or Bobcats at any point during their series.

So, in some respect, I agree with the OP.

Again, the Bulls are better than Miami, but Miami wins the match up between the two.

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Not about the Knicks at all, why try and make it about the Knicks?

must be upset nobody could stop melo yesterday. lol:D

Cfrey
04-09-2012, 03:42 PM

He not only avgs 20ppg in the playoffs but his experience will help this team tremendously.

id love to see RIP HAMILTON average anywhere remotely CLOSE to 20 PPG this postseason lol

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 03:44 PM

lol, the last time he avg 20ppg in the playoffs was 2008...he was also playing 40mpg and 17field goal attempts lol, he's not avg 20 a game, maybe 10

Cfrey
04-09-2012, 03:44 PM

too bad you had to use the word "yesterday" cause we all know melo is becoming a useless piece of ****

TrueFan420
04-09-2012, 03:45 PM
damn hella people are viewing this thread

Cfrey
04-09-2012, 03:46 PM
damn hella people are viewing this thread

just thinking the same thing lol

its cause they all know the bulls suck but if they win ill smoke a fat bowl for the bulls

and if they lose ill probably be smoking a bowl anyway

SwatTeam
04-09-2012, 03:46 PM
My favorite part of reading this thread was all the angry illogical parts.

UKBronco58
04-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Who is this woman? Shes gorgeous.

Cheryl Cole.

Stunning, but an annoying accent.

effen5

Not really, we have our playoff spot locked up. I just want this team to gel. Im more mad that Thibs didn't play Rip more so this team can have time to get used to each other.

Valkyrie
lol... any fan who doesn't hear something they like is going to get all bent out of shape. and nobody is going to dominate the series... every game will come down to the last 5 minutes, just like every single matchup since last year (except game 1 of the ecf)

Valkyrie
04-09-2012, 03:48 PM
one does not simply create this thread not to troll

turnaround3
04-09-2012, 03:50 PM
There's nothing to debate right now. We've heard the same points from both sides all season long, and they both have their merits. It'll all be settled in about 8 weeks.

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Not really, we have our playoff spot locked up. I just want this team to gel. Im more mad that Thibs didn't play Rip more so this team can have time to get used to each other.

Your playoff spot isnt locked in, not saying the heat will get the 1 seed, but its certainly possible.

Valkyrie
04-09-2012, 03:51 PM
If Miami makes it to the Finals, they are guaranteed to lose.

Congrats, you win the internet.

effen5
lol, the last time he avg 20ppg in the playoffs was 2008...he was also playing 40mpg and 17field goal attempts lol, he's not avg 20 a game, maybe 10

Well last year was a mess in Detroit for Rip, and today he wasn't healthy.

He just needs time to play.

-Kobe24-TJ19-

Thoughts ?

43% means nothing when he has an Offensive rating of 114

effen5
04-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Your playoff spot isnt locked in, not saying the heat will get the 1 seed, but its certainly possible.

I meant to say we have clinched a playoff spot....it really doesn't matter to me what seed we are in to be honest. We play both well on the road and at home.

SwatTeam
04-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Congrats, you win the internet.

Hahahahahaha insert that emoticon with the happy face with a flame thrower on its back then multiply it 50 times in the shape of a vagina.

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2012, 03:55 PM
too bad you had to use the word "yesterday" cause we all know melo is becoming a useless piece of ****

What lol, Since amare and lin went out nobodys come close to stoping him

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 03:55 PM
I meant to say we have clinched a playoff spot....it really doesn't matter to me what seed we are in to be honest. We play both well on the road and at home.

Oh for sure, i think you guys get the one seed, but crazier things have happened

Valkyrie
04-09-2012, 03:56 PM
One does not simply have a Bulls/heat thread without Justin in it

jp611
04-09-2012, 03:57 PM

Exactly, last year means everything so that means nothing can change

Cfrey
04-09-2012, 03:58 PM
What lol, Since amare and lin went out nobodys come close to stoping him

As each season goes by Melo gets more and more useless..

Lets be honest lol.. You can have him but he's wasted talent. He can score but he doesn't win.

I don't care if he hit the game winning shot because in the grand scheme of things he's one of the last so called "superstars" that I want on my squad.

naps
04-09-2012, 03:59 PM

Great. Now is Rose gonna be the GOAT Nostradamus?

DaBear
04-09-2012, 04:01 PM

Exactly, last year means everything so that means nothing can change

Kudos for being the only one who understood this.

jp611
04-09-2012, 04:03 PM
That's called ______logic... You fill in the blank

Cfrey

ive got 50 grand riding on a Heat championship so you are wrong biotch

DaBear

ive got 50 grand riding on a Heat championship so you are wrong biotch

Have fun living on the streets in June

YoungOne
04-09-2012, 04:04 PM
rip isnt the answer at SG

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2012, 04:04 PM
As each season goes by Melo gets more and more useless..

Lets be honest lol.. You can have him but he's wasted talent. He can score but he doesn't win.

I don't care if he hit the game winning shot because in the grand scheme of things he's one of the last so called "superstars" that I want on my squad.

what is your team? Lol Useless? One of the best pure scores in the league, Rebounds, soild passer, has become an average to slighlty above average defender, one of the clutches players in the game, But ok thats nice you dont have to want him, He doesnt win because he couldnt win in that stacked west? Injuries and his team wasnt that talented,

jp611
04-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Wait melo an above average defender? :laugh:

Cfrey
04-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Have fun living on the streets in June

Whats 50 grand to a mother ****er like me can you please remind me?

nycsports2
04-09-2012, 04:08 PM

mad?

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Wait melo an above average defender? :laugh:

average to slightly above, Looked fine against boozer

Cfrey
04-09-2012, 04:09 PM
what is your team? Lol Useless? One of the best pure scores in the league, Rebounds, soild passer, has become an average to slighlty above average defender, one of the clutches players in the game, But ok thats nice you dont have to want him, He doesnt win because he couldnt win in that stacked west? Injuries and his team wasnt that talented,

My point is a so called superstar like Melo has had AMPLE opportunities to win in this league.

He has been blessed with great roster depth his entire career and hasn't been able to LEAD those rosters anywhere....

and it further proves my point these last two seasons in NY

He is useless.

Da Knicks
04-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Okay ill add my two cents to this, i've never being a fan of a team that relies too much on the point guard to score. Secondly ill add this, i fear chicago more than i do Miami because they actually have a guy who knows how to post up im Boozer the problem is he is a short pf who gets eating up by the bigger pfs. In a slow half court set i like chicago better than Miami but the problem is that chicago likes to run falling to the heats style of play. Boston to me is the most feared team in the east, Pierce can post and score at will and with Ray and KG they have vets who know how to win. Age is the only obstacle in the way. If the Bulls could come out from the east and not have to face the lakers or spurs, teams that also have post up players i could see them winning it. I just dont think they can beat the celts or heat in the east however...

D-Block21-Chito
04-09-2012, 04:11 PM
I really don't think Miami will beat the bulls in the finals (east) this year... I think that Boozer and Gibson have turned it up a notch. If Deng can shoot 45% or better we win in 6

Pierzynski4Prez
04-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Will someone please remind me when a LBJ lead Heat team or the Thunder won the NBA Championship? Last I recalled neither had. So to say the Bulls can't win one is the stupidest thing I've read on this site in a while, considering the odds on favorites have yet to win one themselves. ****ing idiots on this site.

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2012, 04:12 PM
My point is a so called superstar like Melo has had AMPLE opportunities to win in this league.

He has been blessed with great roster depth his entire career and hasn't been able to LEAD those rosters anywhere....

He is useless.

Go look up the word useless,also go look up the word great, he has had decent players around him but nobody in the playoffs for denver helped out huge against the big boys, please he hasnt had great talent around him, what did you prove this season? and last season he had nobody healthy amare down billups down this season we will see what happens again nobody healthy

Da Knicks
04-09-2012, 04:14 PM

He is useless.

Kg didnt win anything either in the west, Melo had a George Karl as a coach. Epic fail as a coach if you ask me, anyways talk to me at the end of the season about Melo bet you change your mind about him...

Pierzynski4Prez
04-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Kg didnt win anything either in the west, Melo had a George Karl as a coach. Epic fail as a coach if you ask me, anyways talk to me at the end of the season about Melo bet you change your mind about him...

Umm, odds are another 1st round exit. Not baiting you or anything, but its quite possible and probable, depending on if they can get that 6 seed and who you draw 1st round.

Another 1st round exit for Melo does not help your argument.

jp611
04-09-2012, 04:18 PM
George Karl a failure as a head coach? You have got to be kidding me... Knicks fans will say anything lol

Da Knicks
Whats 50 grand to a mother ****er like me can you please remind me?

First thing that you are accurate on!:D

xxplayerxx23
Umm, odds are another 1st round exit. Not baiting you or anything, but its quite possible and probable, depending on if they can get that 6 seed and who you draw 1st round.

Another 1st round exit for Melo does not help your argument.

I agree but if orlando dies out like a lot of people think and we get indy we def have a fighting chance

Cfrey
04-09-2012, 04:19 PM

KG won a ring tho..

You have Melo, tyson chandler, amare, lin (for awhile), JR smith, novak

**** man you have a lot of good players and you guys are 29-27 right?? thats just bad

not to mention that KG never had a roster that good.. NEVER (at least when he was on the wolves)

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2012, 04:20 PM
George Karl a failure as a head coach? You have got to be kidding me... Knicks fans will say anything lol

one guys opioion doesnt mean all knick fans agree, but why does he get a pass over melo? he hasnt won anything with melo or without so why is not a failure if melo is?

Da Knicks
04-09-2012, 04:22 PM

Never liked Karl, thought he was a very overhyped coach who doesnt know how to keep his mouth shut. I'll say it again Melo fixing to shock everyone in the playoffs!

torocan
04-09-2012, 04:24 PM
The Bulls are an excellent team and could win a Chip. I just don't think they're the favorites.

In the EC, I see Miami as the favorites, followed by the Bulls and then the Celtics (dark horse).

In the WC, I think OKC would beat them, Spurs are probably a bit better, and the Lakers could still pull a rabbit out of their hat if they get that far.

So, I see the Bulls as underdogs to take the EC, and underdogs/even up to take the Chip unless they're up against the Lakers.

jp611
Melo isn't a failure in my eyes... He's just overrated big time. And I thought that when he was in Denver too

xxplayerxx23
KG won a ring tho..

You have Melo, tyson chandler, amare, lin (for awhile), JR smith, novak

**** man you have a lot of good players and you guys are 29-27 right?? thats just bad

not to mention that KG never had a roster that good.. NEVER (at least when he was on the wolves)

KG won a ring with two other great players and a great overall team, Melo hasnt had a team close to that talent, Bad coach, Smith has been here for a while you didnt even know who novak was before getting to the knicks, amare has missed 12 games Melo has missed 10 himself, Learn something before you throw things out, 11-3 since woodson has come melo is unstopable since amare and lin have been out

Cfrey
04-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Melo isn't a failure in my eyes... He's just overrated big time. And I thought that when he was in Denver too

yeah this

im s0rry f0r s4yin h3 w4s us3l3ss guy5

he is just overrateed tho

Evolution23
04-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Ya'll are sleeping on the Bulls and even the Knicks

xxplayerxx23
yeah this

im s0rry f0r s4yin h3 w4s us3l3ss guy5

he is just overrateed tho

name 10 players better then him, one off year and he is over rated

Cfrey
KG won a ring with two other great players and a great overall team, Melo hasnt had a team close to that talent, Bad coach, Smith has been here for a while you didnt even know who novak was before getting to the knicks, amare has missed 12 games Melo has missed 10 himself, Learn something before you throw things out, 11-3 since woodson has come melo is unstopable since amare and lin have been out

yeah you are right... i didn't watch Novak while he was at Marquette lol............................

Cfrey
04-09-2012, 04:28 PM
name 10 players better then him, one off year and he is over rated

lebron
wade
kobe
rose
love
westbrook
durant
dwight
CP3
deron williams

there you are my friend

melo aint cracking my top 10

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2012, 04:30 PM
lebron
wade
kobe
rose
love
westbrook
durant
dwight
CP3
deron williams

there you are my friend

Melo Is better then westbrook and dwill IMO, He doesnt have to crack your top 10, No doubt this year he shouldnt be near top 10 but overal, he is def up there

Da Knicks
04-09-2012, 04:31 PM
lebron
wade
kobe
rose
love
westbrook
durant
dwight
CP3
deron williams

there you are my friend

All I have to say is don't be a stranger after the playoffs, I'll be here!

CudiOnMyiPod
04-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Oh look, another Knicks fan bashing another team.

Of course they can't win because they have to go through the Knicks. The best player (Melo), best PG (Lin), best PF (Amare), best defender in the league (Shumpert), the best 3 pt shooter in the league (Novak), and possibly the greatest bench of all time.

Like another Bulls fan said, when was the last time that the Knicks were even relevant?

Bulls can easily win a championship with their defense and rebounding.

SpaceJamJordans
04-09-2012, 04:33 PM

they never play defense

CudiOnMyiPod
04-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Melo Is better then westbrook and dwill IMO, He doesnt have to crack your top 10, No doubt this year he shouldnt be near top 10 but overal, he is def up there

Any player who makes the playoffs 8 times and is eliminated in the first 7 of those times is not a top 10 player.. Carmelo is top 20 probably but no where near top 10..

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Oh look, another Knicks fan bashing another team.

Of course they can't win because they have to go through the Knicks. The best player (Melo), best PG (Lin), best PF (Amare), best defender in the league (Shumpert), the best 3 pt shooter in the league (Novak), and possibly the greatest bench of all time.

Like another Bulls fan said, when was the last time that the Knicks were even relevant?

Bulls can easily win a championship with their defense and rebounding.

lmaooo it has nothing to do with the knicks, Look another bulls fan talking about the knicks even though they have nothing to do with the thread, no you have to go thru miami, and as much as I hate them good luck with that another relevant question, In this league championships are all that matter how many do the bulls have since 2000? same as the knicks?

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Any player who makes the playoffs 8 times and is eliminated in the first 7 of those times is not a top 10 player.. Carmelo is top 20 probably but no where near top 10..

Name 10 better? Playoff sucess has anything to do with being a top 10 player, then Love, griffen, etc cant be in there

LongIslandIcedZ
04-09-2012, 04:39 PM
A Knicks fan made this thread, and didnt even mention which team he was a fan of until later on. I think what is pathetic is the 3 or 4 Bulls fans (most have been pretty cool) that have tried to turn this into a Knicks vs Bulls thread. Bulls are better, I havent seen many Knick fans here have argued that. Instead of making this thread about the Knicks how about defend your own team. Personally I think the Bulls are without a doubt good enough to win a ring with the current roster. They are a deep team that plays very solid team defense.

I just dont understand why some fans take shots at the Knicks instead of just defending their own team.

THE_G.O.A.T.
04-09-2012, 04:40 PM
This thread = fail

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2012, 04:40 PM
A Knicks fan made this thread, and didnt even mention which team he was a fan of until later on. I think what is pathetic is the 3 or 4 Bulls fans (most have been pretty cool) that have tried to turn this into a Knicks vs Bulls thread. Bulls are better, I havent seen many Knick fans here have argued that. Instead of making this thread about the Knicks how about defend your own team. Personally I think the Bulls are without a doubt good enough to win a ring with the current roster. They are a deep team that plays very solid team defense.

I just dont understand why some fans take shots at the Knicks instead of just defending their own team.

exactly, maybe deep inside they know they cant beat miami so they throw the knicks in there for all teams to jump in on?

CudiOnMyiPod
04-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Name 10 better? Playoff sucess has anything to do with being a top 10 player, then Love, griffen, etc cant be in there

1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Dwyane Wade
4. Dwight Howard
5. Chris Paul
6. Derrick Rose
7. Kevin Love
8. Dirk (still better player but due to Love's season and Dirk lately, he goes here)
9. Kobe Bryant
10. Deron Williams
11. Russell Westbrook
12. Pau Gasol
13. Blake Griffin
14. Zach Randolph (healthy Randolph is easily better)
15. Andrew Bynum
16. Rajon Rondo

So I'll put him around 17. I will give it to him that he is clutch but he doesn't defend, is a huge chucker, and when it matters (playoffs) he can't win.

BcEuAbRsS
04-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Wrong.

Knicks have become the PSD punching bag for some pretty obvious reasons... any time there is a three game stretch of good or bad the fanbase for the most part goes vastly overboard one way or the other...

Lin being called a HOFer?
Knicks should trade Melo?
Knicks are championship bound?
Dantoni is good?
Dantoni is bad?

The roller coaster is non-stop with most Knick fans... and dear lord it is funny...

Hawkeye15
04-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Defense wins championships... Look at all the champs... They are always top 10 in offense and defense... Bulls are and can win a championship... Just because the Bulls had a mediocre offense last season doesnt mean they have one this year... They're actually top 5 in offensive efficiency

you just contradicted yourself. And no, they are not always top 10 in both.

As to the thread, why can't the Bulls win a chip? They have depth, defense, and a guy who can create a shot when needed. Lesser teams have won it before.

chicagocubsfan
04-09-2012, 04:52 PM
This thread makes me hope we get the knicks in the first round.

YoungOne
04-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Wrong.

Knicks have become the PSD punching bag for some pretty obvious reasons... any time there is a three game stretch of good or bad the fanbase for the most part goes vastly overboard one way or the other...

Lin being called a HOFer?
Knicks should trade Melo?
Knicks are championship bound?
Dantoni is good?
Dantoni is bad?

The roller coaster is non-stop with most Knick fans... and dear lord it is funny...

this. :D

THE_G.O.A.T.
04-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Remember when Jeremy Lin got into the NBA and all the Knicks fans on here wanted to trade Melo? That shows you their basketball intelligence.

jp611

As to the thread, why can't the Bulls win a chip? They have depth, defense, and a guy who can create a shot when needed. Lesser teams have won it before.

How does that contradict myself? Defense does win championships but you need to have a pretty good offense along with it... Pretty sure I read somewhere that like 23 of the last 25 champions were top 10 in those 2 categories with the Lakers being the exception and they clearly had the best defense in the postseason that year.

Ezekial
Why do Knicks and Heat fans act like with think Boozer is the GOAT?

To my knowledge, there aren't too many Bulls fans that still want him on our team, let alone think he's really good.

mudvayne387
I could start a thread in the gymnastics forum and somehow you clowns would find a way to make it about the Knicks.

jp611
04-09-2012, 04:58 PM
I could start a thread in the gymnastics forum and somehow you clowns would find a way to make it about the Knicks.

Well this was a bait thread, what did you expect?

kubernetes
04-09-2012, 04:58 PM
My only concern with the Bulls is that they'll be in trouble if Rose has a bad shooting night. The Heat and Thunder have multiple scoring options, so it's not a problem if Wade or Westbrook is having a bad game.

NYtilIdie
04-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Their defense alone makes them championship contenders.

They can beat the Heat too, the Heat have become a two man show again and thats what leads to their downfall and the Bulls defense exposes that and uses it to their advantage well.

mudvayne387
04-09-2012, 05:03 PM

Well then I guess I caught a clown fish

Ezekial
04-09-2012, 05:04 PM

I wasn't saying anything about the Knicks, I was just making a generalization about what I saw in reading the first 11 pages in this thread.
Honestly the only people making backhanded comments about the Knicks didn't read your OP, because you were just voicing your honest opinion(and as someone who doesn't watch the bulls we can't blame you for your opinions) and as you stated you weren't baiting, and I could tell you weren't by how you went about your OP.

Some people would rather take shots at another fans team than articulate themselves and argue against your points.

oak2455
04-09-2012, 05:04 PM

Say's the Master of all Baiters :clap:

oak2455
04-09-2012, 05:08 PM
back to the question I think the Bulls are a legit threat this year and thats just a opinion also I think they need to really hit those FT's.......Ft's = rings, Defense & rebounding = rings, and being clutch = rings

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Well then I guess I caught a clown fish
lol

A better question is, if they dont get to the finals this year, what moves will they make? I personally dont think rip is enough to put them past miami, they need a young SG who can knock down shots and create for others. Someone like courtney lee

mudvayne387
04-09-2012, 05:12 PM
lol

A better question is, if they dont get to the finals this year, what moves will they make? I personally dont think rip is enough to put them past miami, they need a young SG who can knock down shots and create for others. Someone like courtney less

Agreed !

ichitownclowni
04-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Your opinion matters a lot to me..................

Evolution23
04-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I wasn't saying anything about the Knicks, I was just making a generalization about what I saw in reading the first 11 pages in this thread.
Honestly the only people making backhanded comments about the Knicks didn't read your OP, because you were just voicing your honest opinion(and as someone who doesn't watch the bulls we can't blame you for your opinions) and as you stated you weren't baiting, and I could tell you weren't by how you went about your OP.

Some people would rather take shots at another fans team than articulate themselves and argue against your points.

I commend your non homerism and honesty

mudvayne387
04-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Your opinion matters a lot to me..................

Must of mattered enough to post sweetheart

effen5
04-09-2012, 05:22 PM
lol

A better question is, if they dont get to the finals this year, what moves will they make? I personally dont think rip is enough to put them past miami, they need a young SG who can knock down shots and create for others. Someone like courtney lee

ray ray

Ezekial
04-09-2012, 05:23 PM
I commend your non homerism and honesty

Just because I agree with your guys right to say things that you feel doesn't mean I agree. I was just saying that the people saying **** about the Knicks aren't worth arguing with anyway because they have reading comprehension problems.

I personally think the Bulls can go head to head with any team in the NBA in a 7 game series and win. Not saying they will win every time, but I don't doubt for a minute that they could be any team in a series.

SportsFanatic10
04-09-2012, 05:25 PM
imo the bulls definately have a shot. their defense/rebounding and depth will almost always keep them in games. i agree with those saying rose probably needs a better 2nd option on offense, but with the way the bulls rebound on the offensive glass they get alot of extra possessions which can add up. miami is gonna need bosh to step up his rebounding game, and battier/chalmers/miller need to get their 3pt shots going again to spread the floor for wade/lebron in order to win this series i think.

one thing i really hope to see is the wade/lebron pick and roll in the playoffs, i really hope they're saving it for then because it makes no sense that they don't use it much more often. and they both need to get back into the post like earlier in the season.

gonna be a fun series assuming both make it there...can't wait!

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 05:27 PM
ray ray

He would be an upgrade for sure. Not sure about his defense, but he is the kind of guy that can spread the floor for you guys. Id rather see you guys get someone younger who can be apart of your core for 5+ years. But rip would be a nice improvement.

Evolution23
04-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Just because I agree with your guys right to say things that you feel doesn't mean I agree. I was just saying that the people saying **** about the Knicks aren't worth arguing with anyway because they have reading comprehension problems.

I personally think the Bulls can go head to head with any team in the NBA in a 7 game series and win. Not saying they will win every time, but I don't doubt for a minute that they could be any team in a series.

The Bulls are top 5 in defense and the #1 rebounding team. They have lots of depth and play hard every night. I don't understand how people can say they don't have enough scoring. They may not have 2 superstars but that doesn't mean you can't get scoring from multiple good players.

CHIhatzi333
04-09-2012, 05:29 PM
let me guess, after u watch the knicks beat the bulls in OT on sunday, ur making all these judgments based on that game, if u didnt know that was DROSE first game in nearly a month, of course hes gunna be rusty n the bulls needed to adjust back to havin drose.theyre the best team in the league in my opinion when fully healthy not being a homer at all

Ezekial
04-09-2012, 05:32 PM
The Bulls are top 5 in defense and the #1 rebounding team. They have lots of depth and play hard every night. I don't understand how people can say they don't have enough scoring. They may not have 2 superstars but that doesn't mean you can't get scoring from multiple good players.

Exactly.

SteveNash
04-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Rose failed yesterday due to his choking and low basketball IQ, not because he was rusty.

Said it time and time again, keep on being right. Take the ball out of his hands. Isolation basketball is almost always a losing strategy, especially for someone who can't handle the pressure and constantly makes bad decisions.

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 05:36 PM

Its not about having enough scoring, miami is a top 5 defense also. When the games are close and miami forces the ball out of rose's hand, who will make a shot or create a shot for someone else? Its easy to just start naming some of your players but they have yet to show they can actually do it, and until they do i will have my doubts.

Ezekial
04-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Rose failed yesterday due to his choking and low basketball IQ, not because he was rusty.

Said it time and time again, keep on being right. Take the ball out of his hands. Isolation basketball is almost always a losing strategy, especially for someone who can't handle the pressure and constantly makes bad decisions.

lol you suck

SteveNash
04-09-2012, 05:42 PM
lol you suck

I outplayed Derrick Rose yesterday.

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 05:45 PM
lol

Ezekial
04-09-2012, 05:46 PM
I outplayed Derrick Rose yesterday.

Ya I forgot that you were in the NBA.

Don't play basketball for a month then come back and go for 29-4-6 in an NBA game. Sure he shot terribly and they lost, but I'm gonna go with he hasn't played in a month.

TheRunKiller
04-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Some one make a thread that says will Knicks even make the playoffs with this current team

Ezio
04-09-2012, 05:49 PM

Don't play basketball for a month then come back and go for 29-4-6 in an NBA game. Sure he shot terribly and they lost, but I'm gonna go with he hasn't played in a month.

Not only that but he couldn't do conditioning because he could of re-injured the groin so he's extremely out of game shape.

Neosheed
04-09-2012, 05:49 PM

Dude y do know once they get rip and rose in game shape and that this will b a totally diffrent team right?

TheWhiteMamba
04-09-2012, 05:50 PM
I dont understand why my fellow Bulls fans feed the trolls. The only thing that matters is the Bulls and Heat BOTH have something to prove in the playoffs. Defense wins championships, always has and always will. We are good enough on offense to get it done. Also enough with this whole, "heat have another level." As another poster said, where was this level in the finals? Or were they bored?

/thread

Pierzynski4Prez
04-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Its not about having enough scoring, miami is a top 5 defense also. When the games are close and miami forces the ball out of rose's hand, who will make a shot or create a shot for someone else? Its easy to just start naming some of your players but they have yet to show they can actually do it, and until they do i will have my doubts.

Rose averages 23 points. The bulls average 97 points per game. Someone is scoring 74 points a game not named Rose there. Just because a few guys went cold last ECF doesn't mean it will happen this year. They will still put points on the board regardless. It will come down to the better Defense and who turns the ball over less. And of course FT's down the stretch will matter.

MintBerryCrunch
04-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Bulls have no shot . They won 60+ games last year
And got wrecked in the playoffs. Sure , they're deep. But everyone knows its a foregone
Conclusion the Heat will win the championship.
This thread is bad though, because it's flooded with bulls fans bashing the Knicks . Even with D Rose , they simply don't have enough offense to contend with OKC or Miami.
It's the truth.

IIISSKiLL
04-09-2012, 06:01 PM

miami is clearly the better team that's why they can't win a championship

GSWJunkie
04-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Here's a fresh perspective for you all and not one of a biased Eastern Conference fan, so not part of the Bulls vs Heat vs Knicks forum battle that seems to be going on here, call me the Switzerland of this war of words. But, what I'm about to say may shed some light on this topic. Since the title of this discussion was about the Bulls, I'll leave my opinion on that team alone.

1.) I am a Warriors fan, through and through, so I basically hate all of your teams because you all have such tremendous talent, my team is mediocre at best when compared to your teams on paper. Call me envious if you wish, I won't dispute that. I love Derrick Rose's game, the guy is a flat out baller, I wish he was on my team. He is a beast and there is no arguing that, I think we can all agree to this.

2.) However, the Warriors have defeated the Bulls in 2 of the last 3 meetings, granted, they were at Oracle Arena, but the games we won came down to 1 thing, containing Derrick Rose and the Dubs did a terrific job on this. In the blow-out loss early last season, Rose had a really good game and we didn't have an answer for him.

My point is, when Rose was contained, that brought out a glaring vulnerability that may have been overlooked before the Warriors exposed it. Chicago needs a legit 2nd offensive scoring threat before they can really be considered strong title contenders. Can they win with just this team, as is? Absolutely, it will be a tall task but if they get hot at the right time (which is really all that matters in the playoffs) they could go all the way and win the title, I don't doubt this. However, if any team they compete against during this title run can find a way to contain Rose or either make him give up the ball or turn him over constantly during the series, it will be tough for the Bulls to come out of that series as winners. Basically, even though they do have great depth, defense and rebounding, I don't think Derrick can do it all himself, he needs some help and until he gets that help I think the Bulls will continue to go deep into the playoffs but still fall just short of getting into the NBA Finals.

oak2455
04-09-2012, 06:02 PM
they can't get passed miami is the real reason they can't go all the way

see even banned users have a opinion :D

SteveNash
04-09-2012, 06:02 PM

What does not having played in a month have to due to with poor decision making and an obvious choke job?

29 points on 26 shots. 4 assists with 8 turnovers. Amazing.

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Here's a fresh perspective for you all and not one of a biased Eastern Conference fan, so not part of the Bulls vs Heat vs Knicks forum battle that seems to be going on here, call me the Switzerland of this war of words. But, what I'm about to say may shed some light on this topic. Since the title of this discussion was about the Bulls, I'll leave my opinion on that team alone.

1.) I am a Warriors fan, through and through, so I basically hate all of your teams because you all have such tremendous talent, my team is mediocre at best when compared to your teams on paper. Call me envious if you wish, I won't dispute that. I love Derrick Rose's game, the guy is a flat out baller, I wish he was on my team. He is a beast and there is no arguing that, I think we can all agree to this.

2.) However, the Warriors have defeated the Bulls in 2 of the last 3 games, granted, they were at Oracle Arena, but the game itself really came down to 1 thing, containing Derrick Rose and the Dubs did a terrific job on this in those two wins. In the blow-out loss early last season, Rose had a really good game and we didn't have an answer for him.

My point is, when Rose was contained, that brought out a glaring vulnerability that may have been overlooked before the Warriors exposed it. Chicago needs a legit 2nd offensive scoring threat before they can really be considered strong title contenders. Can they win with just this team, as is? Absolutely, it will be a tall task but if they get hot at the right time (which is really all that matters in the playoffs) they could go all the way and win the title, I don't doubt this. However, if any team they compete against during this title run can find a way to contain Rose or either make him give up the ball or turn him over constantly during the series, it will be tough for the Bulls to come out of that series as winners.

Their two supposed 2nd options are either too inconsistent or too injured. Boozer was supposed to be this guy, but since he's been there, he hasn't done anything except remain injured and even when when he did play, he didn't contribute like he did when he was playing for Utah. Deng has emerged a little bit, but he is also too often injured. You won't get anything from Noah offensively except the occasional breakout game and this won't happen consistently enough to win a 7 game series.
:clap:

Pierzynski4Prez
04-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Bulls have no shot . They won 60+ games last year
And got wrecked in the playoffs. Sure , they're deep. But everyone knows its a foregone
Conclusion the Heat will win the championship.
This thread is bad though, because it's flooded with bulls fans bashing the Knicks . Even with D Rose , they simply don't have enough offense to contend with OKC or Miami.
It's the truth.

???

Wrecked is being swept from the 2nd round when you are defending champions. Bulls went from the 8th seed to the conference finals. Is that your definition of wrecked?

ghettosean
04-09-2012, 06:11 PM
see even banned users have a opinion :D
I read through this whole thread all 15 pages and then I see this sig at the end and I forget what the hell I was going to say...

DAMN THAT'S SOME HOT ***!!!

Who is that chick?!?

Pierzynski4Prez
04-09-2012, 06:13 PM
:clap:

Tell me, who was this great 2nd option the Dallas Mavericks had last year? Jason Terry? Shawn Marion? Are they really that much better than any of the other players on the Bulls not named Rose?

Kinda contradicts your whole argument about this requirement of a 2nd option to win a title, yet you've ignored it since the day the Heat lost the finals since you think it gives you a leg up on bulls fans.

basketfan4life
04-09-2012, 06:14 PM
When one team has the best and second best player in their roster (with another top 15 and 3-4 good role players), no other team is supposed to win a ring, not just the bulls...The heat(specially lebron) just pulled a rabbit out of their arses last year. All other teams fans should hope they/him do it again this year. I just can't believe how the Heat is not dominating the league.

Furymaker
04-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Well , Bulls have potential 2nd scoring threat in Deng , Boozer and even Hamilton , they just need to step up their game , I'm on for Boozer because he never gets enough shots to put up some numbers , I'd rather have Boozer shooting mid-range shot than Lucas or Watson chucking 3's .
They might even win with their defense alone this year
1. Rose is healthy and will be fresh for playoffs unlike last year , when he collapsed against Hawks ( showed some of it even in games against Indiana )
2. Our defense is same , arguably better with Asik healthy and Gibson's improved play.
3. Boozer-Noah chemistry is outstanding
4. Our bench seems to take some offensive load too this year
5. Thibs have studied Heat 100% , and I believe in his coaching , he will not allow team to lose again in last minutes of close game in ECF .

Favourites ? Hope not
Have chances to win ? Hell yeah

oak2455
04-09-2012, 06:19 PM
I read through this whole thread all 15 pages and then I see this sig at the end and I forget what the hell I was going to say...

Who is that chick?!?

I have her name here somewhere.....she's a porn star.....lets say *** is better than the face:D

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2012, 06:20 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Dwyane Wade
4. Dwight Howard
5. Chris Paul
6. Derrick Rose
7. Kevin Love8. Dirk (still better player but due to Love's season and Dirk lately, he goes here)
9. Kobe Bryant
10. Deron Williams11. Russell Westbrook
12. Pau Gasol13. Blake Griffin
14. Zach Randolph (healthy Randolph is easily better)
15. Andrew Bynum
16. Rajon Rondo
So I'll put him around 17. I will give it to him that he is clutch but he doesn't defend, is a huge chucker, and when it matters (playoffs) he can't win.

bolded are not better then him, You hate him its pretty obvious, want to talk playoffs then bring up love and griffen and even westbroke
this is a pretty bad list overall i have anthony at 10 meant to bold westbrok and griffen also

basketfan4life
04-09-2012, 06:20 PM

Who is that chick?!?

right? not big fan of those big booties and brests, this girl is just in a great shape.

TrueProdigy
04-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Wow this thread is amazing. We got Knicks bashing Bulls, Bulls bashing Heat, and Heat bashing bulls.

That being said any person that knows anything about sports knows that the Bulls have a chance you cant be as good as they are defensively and with the kind of rebounding they have and not have a chance. They might not be the favorites but to say they don't have a chance is just asinine.

To all those of you saying the Bulls wrecked or demolished or whatever your choice words in the finals every game the heat was was by 11 or less the only it was a tough fought series on both sides.

How do any of you know if the bulls don't have a legit second option or not since their second option has been hurt all year the bulls don't even know if their second option is a true threat or not. So the only evidence you have is to look at his past performance in the playoffs which shows him excelling.

I think like last year it is going to be a hard fought series and both teams have a chance to win and they both have a chance to beat the Thunder or Spurs or whoever makes it out of the West.

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2012, 06:24 PM
I have her name here somewhere.....she's a porn star.....lets say *** is better than the face:D

find that name so i can look up some intresting facts about her lmao :D

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Wow this thread is amazing. We got Knicks bashing Bulls, Bulls bashing Heat, and Heat bashing bulls. That being said any person that knows anything about sports knows that the Bulls have a chance you cant be as good as they are defensively and with the kind of rebounding they have and not have a chance. They might not be the favorites but to say they don't have a chance is just asinine.

To all those of you saying the Bulls wrecked or demolished or whatever your choice words in the finals every game the heat was was by 11 or less the only it was a tough fought series on both sides.

How do any of you know if the bulls don't have a legit second option or not since their second option has been hurt all year the bulls don't even know if their second option is a true threat or not. So the only evidence you have is to look at his past performance in the playoffs which shows him excelling.

I think like last year it is going to be a hard fought series and both teams have a chance to win and they both have a chance to beat the Thunder or Spurs or whoever makes it out of the West.

actually bulls fans started it because they found out the OP was a knick fan

TrueProdigy
04-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Ok I agree that the Bulls fans started bashing the Knicks fans but did you really expect anything different any team that is called out on a forum like this is going to get a backlash no matter what team they are from and what team is doing the calling out.

Do you also really believe that this wasn't a bait thread for him to say the bulls have no chance is completely asinine and to me he seems like he was trying to get a rise out of the bulls fans

and do you think it is by chance that it comes out the day after they lose to the knicks?

ghettosean
04-09-2012, 06:31 PM
It's funny reading through all these posts I'll make this short... Of course the Bulls can win a championship with there current roster saying otherwise is insane. People are talking about if D-Rose is contained then the bulls got nothing but the same argument was made about the heat last year (and proven also) that if you play zone on the heat then they are crushed because they can't play a half court game.

Listen ya'll the past is the past and I'm not going to say that if you play zone on the heat they are done. D-Rose has been out for a lot of games and Chicago is still the best in the east so they have other guys that can take over and in all honesty Rose being hurt might have been a really good thing for them to have other guys step up and not be afraid of that moment if the time comes (this is kind of a popovich thing he will just sit Timmy and TP for a game just to let the other guys be ready for big moments if needed).

I can't wait till this match up happens but honestly I don't think Miami will take the Bulls 4-1 again this year. They got embarrassed and they aren't going to let that happen a 2nd time around. Who comes out of the east and who comes out of the west this year this is the 1st time where I kind of got to say :shrug:

ghettosean
04-09-2012, 06:32 PM
We need to have a thread about your sig :laugh2:

Yagyu+
04-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Is that an infinity pool?

MTL_123
04-09-2012, 06:37 PM
i think that *** is lela star damn fine ***

lvlheaded
04-09-2012, 06:52 PM
I think the Bulls could win a championship the way they are currently constructed, but I think it would be a lot harder for them. They need a true number 2 scoring threat IMO if they want to win multiple championships. Jordan had Scottie, Rose needs his own Scottie

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Tell me, who was this great 2nd option the Dallas Mavericks had last year? Jason Terry? Shawn Marion? Are they really that much better than any of the other players on the Bulls not named Rose?

Kinda contradicts your whole argument about this requirement of a 2nd option to win a title, yet you've ignored it since the day the Heat lost the finals since you think it gives you a leg up on bulls fans.

Jason terry made a ton of big shots, not to mention there whole team took a ton of 3's and shot 40% from 3.

Doesn't change the fact that the bulls dont have a legit 2nd option that can make a big shot or break down a defense and create for others.

And yes, terry made a ton of big shots, much more than anyone not named rose on the bulls did.

DaBear
04-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Jason terry made a ton of big shots, not to mention there whole team took a ton of 3's and shot 40% from 3.

Doesn't change the fact that the bulls dont have a legit 2nd option that can make a big shot or break down a defense and create for others.

And yes, terry made a ton of big shots, much more than anyone not named rose on the bulls did.

I forgot Dallas is the only team capable of getting on a hot shooting streak at the right time. :facepalm:

effen5
04-09-2012, 07:04 PM

She was hot when she first came out but now....not so much

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 07:05 PM
I forgot Dallas is the only team capable of getting on a hot shooting streak at the right time. :facepalm:

So now the bulls need to get on a hot shooting streak to win?

who on he bulls is a good 3pt shooter? Deng is avg, brewer is bad, hamilton is bad, CJ wont play more than 8min a game. bulls just arent a very good 3pt team, and 3pt is miamis weakness

pd1dish
04-09-2012, 07:06 PM
i think the CAN do it, but i dont think they WILL do it. i still think my team is a SG away from being there. Rip just wasnt the answer because of injuries. even if he is 100% healthy come playoff time, hes really had no time to click with the rest of the team.

but i like that a lot of people dont think we can beat Miami because id rather be the so called "underdog" rather than the team that is expected to win. theres more pressure with more expectations and even though my expectations for the Bulls are high, the general public has much higher expectations for the Heat.

SportsFanatic10
04-09-2012, 07:11 PM
So now the bulls need to get on a hot shooting streak to win?

who on he bulls is a good 3pt shooter? Deng is avg, brewer is bad, hamilton is bad, CJ wont play more than 8min a game. bulls just arent a very good 3pt team, and 3pt is miamis weakness

they do have korver although hes kinda like james jones...a specialist.

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 07:12 PM
they do have korver although hes kinda like james jones...a specialist.

Korver on the floor means wade will have a field day

SportsFanatic10
04-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Korver on the floor means wade will have a field day

true...they'd have to play him at times when wade is on the bench. just bring him in when you want to spread the floor. i'd like to see the heat find minutes for jones in a similar fashion as well. spo just has to pick his spots.

justinnum1
04-09-2012, 07:18 PM
true...they'd have to play him at times when wade is on the bench. just bring him in when you want to spread the floor. i'd like to see the heat find minutes for jones in a similar fashion as well.
Yea, not sure how they are going to do things, i think rip will get 30 min a game and brewer will back him up with 18min

deng will get 40, and korver will get 8 i guess behind deng.

Rip is shooting 43% this year and 30% from 3
brewer is shooting 43% and 28% from 3

those are not very good numbers from the shooting guard position.

And deng is shooting his worst ever at 41%

Miami is going to pack that paint

ghettosean
04-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Damn right!!! Nice score with the name too... Sorry to get off topic ya'll don't blame me blame the guy with the *** sig. How can you not lose a debate with a sig like that... LOL

jp611
04-09-2012, 07:34 PM
true...they'd have to play him at times when wade is on the bench. just bring him in when you want to spread the floor. i'd like to see the heat find minutes for jones in a similar fashion as well.
Yea, not sure how they are going to do things, i think rip will get 30 min a game and brewer will back him up with 18min

deng will get 40, and korver will get 8 i guess behind deng.

Rip is shooting 43% this year and 30% from 3
brewer is shooting 43% and 28% from 3

those are not very good numbers from the shooting guard position.

And deng is shooting his worst ever at 41%

Miami is going to pack that paint

And who are they going to pack the paint with? Joel Anthony?

xxcubs22xx
04-09-2012, 07:50 PM
This thread really is pathetic.

The Bulls lose to the Knicks, and once again all of the baseless predictors come out of the woodwork.

- Defense wins championships.

- Defense has kept the Bulls as an Elite NBA team ever since Thibs became HC.

- Our offense has been clutch this year. Idc what anybody says. If you don't watch the games, then shut up and keep your opinions to yourself. We are arguably the most unselfish team offensively. And elite rebounding + good shooting has helped us maintain our elite status.

- We have guys who can be that 2nd option on any given night. When you get open looks, you make shots.

- Please remind me; how did we perform with Rose out? KThanksBye

Baller1
04-09-2012, 07:53 PM
My god, Chicago fans are sensitive as ****.

xxcubs22xx
04-09-2012, 07:59 PM
My god, Chicago fans are sensitive as ****.

Not realy.

There just simply is not a valid argument supporting the thread title.

I can make a thread proposing why the Miami Heat are not a constant 1-2 seed year in year out, extracting irrelevant statistics in the meantime that take away from the whole picture. But do I? No. Because it's not true. The Heat perform. As do the Bulls. You can make silly projections all you want but it's not gonna matter.

It's all about performance.

Saying we can't ever win a 'ship with our current roster because we lack a #2 option is absolute horse ****. The Bulls offense is being underrated in this thread (go check...).

MintBerryCrunch
04-09-2012, 08:02 PM
???

Wrecked is being swept from the 2nd round when you are defending champions. Bulls went from the 8th seed to the conference finals. Is that your definition of wrecked?

I didn't say we didn't get our *** handed to us.
But if you had the best record in the league, you'd think you'd be the favorite to win the finals right? Yeah, they're about the 4th best team in the league.

InRoseWeTrust
04-09-2012, 09:01 PM
I didn't say we didn't get our *** handed to us.
But if you had the best record in the league, you'd think you'd be the favorite to win the finals right? Yeah, they're about the 4th best team in the league.

There's no way were the fourth best team in the league. It's between us, the Heat, and the Thunder - those three in some order. And lol at your name.

smiddy012
04-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Yeah, they're about the 4th best team in the league.

:facepalm:

Hawkeye15
04-09-2012, 09:02 PM
How does that contradict myself? Defense does win championships but you need to have a pretty good offense along with it... Pretty sure I read somewhere that like 23 of the last 25 champions were top 10 in those 2 categories with the Lakers being the exception and they clearly had the best defense in the postseason that year.

Because you say defense wins championships, and then go on to give us the correct answer, that well balanced teams actually win. Somewhere, long ago, a coach realized that defense isn't sexy, and used that stupid term to motivate his team.

Yes, typically the champion is top 10 in both, but I was simply pointing at outliers that have existed, the Lakers being one of them.

k.smith904
04-09-2012, 09:04 PM
this whole assertion is based on the assumption that only offense wins championships.

yet here we are at page 17...

Hawkeye15
04-09-2012, 09:06 PM

You have been wrong plenty bud. But sure, when you don't have shot creators, and only have a single guy who can get his own, if you put a Bron on him, game over. That being said, why don't we see if Rose, at the age of 23, has possibly learned anything since last year. I know its difficult to believe a 23 year old can learn something, and I know his team didn't show up when he needed them most, but as long as that defense keeps games close, anything can happen. Do I think they beat the Heat this year? No. But I think it will be fun to watch over the next 3 years.