PDA

View Full Version : JaVale McGee To Join Shaquille O'Neal's Big Man Camp This Summer

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-09-2012, 03:42 AM
Yesterday on NBATV, Shaq said that he is going to work with Javale McGee for 2 weeks this summer. He calls Javale McGee as a guy with a lot of talent and potential, but someone who makes a lot of boneheaded mistakes. Shaq guarantees that after he's done with McGee, he will be a beast come next season.

Thoughts.

Lindystud36
04-09-2012, 03:50 AM
#CoachShaq

shep33
04-09-2012, 03:51 AM
Why? He's already worth $14 mill

Ebbs
04-09-2012, 04:19 AM
I don't doubt that Shaq has the knowledge or that McGee has the talent.

I doubt that McGee has the focus.
I doubt that Shaq has the drive.
I doubt that McGee has the heart.
I doubt that Shaq has the motivation.
I doubt they both have the patience.

5ass
04-09-2012, 04:26 AM
Yesterday on NBATV, Shaq said that he is going to work with Javale McGee for 2 weeks this summer. He calls Javale McGee as a guy with a lot of talent and potential, but someone who makes a lot of boneheaded mistakes. Shaq guarantees that after he's done with McGee, he will be a beast come next season.

Thoughts.

unless shaq can get him a brain transplant i dont think thats possible

blastmasta26
04-09-2012, 04:38 AM
I like the idea, but if Shaq is gonna work on his post game, I don't know if it's the right fit. McGee is more about length and athleticism while Shaq was more about size and strength. But hopefully it works out, another talented big man is necessary in today's league.

AceMan
04-09-2012, 05:21 AM
I love Shaq, but sending one bonehead to work with another doesn't exactly scream good idea. Javale could really benefit from two weeks with Hakeem or maybe Kareem if he were interested, but Shaq doesn't seem like the best mentor.

Valkyrie
04-09-2012, 06:21 AM
What's the big deal? I'm going to Luke Walton's camp this summer to learn dribble penetration.

ManningToTyree
04-09-2012, 06:22 AM
Can't hurt. Probably won't help either.

Hawkamania
04-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Well I guess anything is worth a try, right JaVale?

SpeeMN
04-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Shaq's post up moves were amazing. Even though he was bigger than anyone he really knew how to use his pivot feet. with his back to the basket and a defender on him he knew when to use a drop step and how to draw the foul. If mcgee can rationalize things, then he'll benefit.... but its mcgee so we'll see.

welchkfd
04-09-2012, 07:34 AM
http://www.vvio.info/jpg1I like the idea, but if Shaq is gonna work on his post game, I don't know if it's the right fit. McGee is more about length and athleticism while Shaq was more about size and strength. But hopefully it works out, another talented big man is necessary in today's league.

McGee is more about length and athleticism while Shaq was more about size and strength.

njnets
04-09-2012, 12:37 PM
i really want to see if duncan will have camps after he retires. i feel like he would be an unbelievable mentor to younger big men. not just about the good fundamentals of the game, but also how to act as a professional too.

CB29
04-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Shaq's post up moves were amazing. Even though he was bigger than anyone he really knew how to use his pivot feet. with his back to the basket and a defender on him he knew when to use a drop step and how to draw the foul. If mcgee can rationalize things, then he'll benefit.... but its mcgee so we'll see.

Hehehehe..

netsgiantsyanks
04-09-2012, 12:52 PM
2 weeks isn't really much imo, a month is a little better.

Cfrey
04-09-2012, 12:54 PM
if McGee can get his **** together then yeah he could be a force

Cfrey
04-09-2012, 12:56 PM
And following that last point, it is beyond frustrating for me seeing a player like McGee waste all of that talent..

I spent years and years on my game and the reason I was good was because I was fundamentally skilled. I probably played more and practiced harder than McGee but because the dude is so naturally gifted he gets to go to the NBA.

Sometimes I wonder if I was in a Pro-Body how good I would be.

AnthonyTyrael
04-09-2012, 01:09 PM
I don't doubt that Shaq has the knowledge or that McGee has the talent.

I doubt that McGee has the focus.
I doubt that Shaq has the drive.
I doubt that McGee has the heart.
I doubt that Shaq has the motivation.
I doubt they both have the patience.

Send him to Hakeem, he'll make him at least a head shorter. With a head smaller, he'll play SF next season. ;)

Honestly, two ****ing weeks won't change much. Give him therapy and a year of camp. Also, sign in Howard for the same camp (once again but not fora year though). He needs it too, still lacks too much, believe it or not. Bynum needs therapy too. What's wrong with todays big men?

TrueFan420
04-09-2012, 01:11 PM
i really want to see if duncan will have camps after he retires. i feel like he would be an unbelievable mentor to younger big men. not just about the good fundamentals of the game, but also how to act as a professional too.

i didnt even think about that but id love to see duncan teaching young big men then game, on and off the court

Stinkyoutsider
04-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Ha, I doubt Mcgee is in the right mindset for this? I think Mcgee needs to work on some developing a post offense, but I'm not sure Shaq is the right guy to teach him. I would like to see him work with a player like a Kevin Garnett. Both Mcgee and Garnett are of the same body type and KG could start him out with hitting some open jumpers. Maybe Mcgee could develop a jump hook too.

Just imagine how much better a player he would be with some coaching and maturity? He could be one of the best young centers in the league and probably right behind Howard and Bynum talent-wise.