PDA

View Full Version : are the mavs going to miss the playoffs??

mdm692
04-09-2012, 02:35 AM
They are currently sitting in 8th place with phoenix and utah trailing very close. They seem to be in a slunp and this is the worst time for it too. And how many times has a defending nba champion failed tp reach the playoffs before?

Baller1
04-09-2012, 02:38 AM
They're the seventh seed right now, with Phoenix 1.5 games behind.

Ebbs
04-09-2012, 02:42 AM
If they do I'll be super choked. Although I know a lot of Mavs fans want to add a lotto pick in the mix with Dirk and possibly Deron next season.

mdm692
04-09-2012, 02:44 AM
You are right i forgot the nuggets lost yesterday but they still have a tough stretch of games with 4 game roadtrip vs lakers, warriors, jazz, and blazers not to mention they finish the season on the road vs the hawks and bulls so they could easily be looking at a 9 seed if they keep up this slump.

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2012, 02:55 AM
I hope not

The Final Boss
04-09-2012, 03:05 AM
The lotto selection is just another ploy by Stern to plant players where he sees fit. What other professional sport does this? WWE maybe?

DaLyingofJungl3
04-09-2012, 03:40 AM
Mavs will be fine & will make the playoffs they wont go deep

shep33
04-09-2012, 03:57 AM
It wouldn't be a bad idea to tank. Cap room, plus a nice pick.

AnthonyTyrael
04-09-2012, 09:25 AM
We're in a slump all year, so yes I hope we will miss the playoffs. Not to get even an erection or to gain a pick, just because I think we don't deserve it. Bottom point. Anyway, if we'd make it, we could surprise a lot of teams if things finally even out and if we begin to be team.

A lot of things went worse this season (way too many) and no one can gurnatee that it'll pay out (creating cap space) in the off season. Anyway, the majority of Mavs fans are pissed and really mad right now. I won't got into details but our problems are obviously from roster spot 1 to the last man. There are only two or three guys I would consider as being reliable.

Greet
04-09-2012, 09:27 AM
If they do I'll be super choked. Although I know a lot of Mavs fans want to add a lotto pick in the mix with Dirk and possibly Deron next season.

Deron isn't going to the Mavs with that roster lol

He115ing
04-09-2012, 09:52 AM
I think they will make the playoffs. I don't know how far they will get but they are definitely better than the teams trailing them.

Baller1
04-09-2012, 12:27 PM
We're in a slump all year, so yes I hope we will miss the playoffs. Not to get even an erection or to gain a pick, just because I think we don't deserve it. Bottom point. Anyway, if we'd make it, we could surprise a lot of teams if things finally even out and if we begin to be team.

A lot of things went worse this season (way too many) and no one can gurnatee that it'll pay out (creating cap space) in the off season. Anyway, the majority of Mavs fans are pissed and really mad right now. I won't got into details but our problems are obviously from roster spot 1 to the last man. There are only two or three guys I would consider as being reliable.

I feel like you wrote this up, then closed your eyes and pointed to a random spot in the post to include the word erection.

JordansBulls
04-09-2012, 12:52 PM
They are currently sitting in 8th place with phoenix and utah trailing very close. They seem to be in a slunp and this is the worst time for it too. And how many times has a defending nba champion failed tp reach the playoffs before?

I tell you one thing, the Spurs better hope they avoid the Mavs. Those teams no matter what the seeds are end up in a war and most of the time with them the team with HCA ends up losing at least in recent years.

AnthonyTyrael
04-09-2012, 04:59 PM
I feel like you wrote this up, then closed your eyes and pointed to a random spot in the post to include the word erection.

Damn, you got it right. You're way too intellectual. In former East Germany (German Democratic Republic) it was very dangerous for intellectuals like you. Gladly for both of us, you did not live there, and I'm not from there either. :D

CudiOnMyiPod
04-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Deron isn't going to the Mavs with that roster lol

Yeah why join a team with a superstar who happens to be the most clutch player in the NBA along with a ton of cap room?

xILLN355
04-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Yeah why join a team with a superstar who happens to be the most clutch player in the NBA along with a ton of cap room?

and is aging?

Lim
04-09-2012, 06:52 PM
tanking is a bad idea in this situation. just look at the west, its pretty much wide open. its not like the east where the 7th and 8th seeds have no chance vs miami and chicago, i can definitely see a 8th seed in the west upset the #1 seed. plus last year literally no one predicted that the mavs would win it all, could surprise some ppl again.

HoodedSB
04-10-2012, 12:36 AM
We're in a slump all year, so yes I hope we will miss the playoffs. Not to get even an erection or to gain a pick, just because I think we don't deserve it.

Not sure if this was a joke that didn't land, or your english teacher played a joke on you at some point.

Young2Kinsler
04-10-2012, 12:46 AM
I hope so, best thing possible.

Mark Cuban will be haunted for life not resigning Chandler. Had we kept Chandler, we would be good this season and still be able to go after Deron next year.

Deron Dirk and Chandler would have been a great 3.

Lakers + Giants
04-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Mavs last 9 games.

vs Kings
@ Warriors
@ Portland
@ Lakers
@ Jazz
vs Rockets
vs Warriors
@ Bulls
@ Hawks

:laugh2: Ouch!!!

Jenceman
04-10-2012, 01:41 AM
I would ****ing love it if they missed out.

Crackadalic
04-10-2012, 01:42 AM
No.

THE MTL
04-10-2012, 01:48 AM
I doubt they miss the playoffs, but they honestly SHOULD miss the playoffs. They are a joke of a defending champion.

Dirk showing up out of shape and having his WORST season since he became a star. Them not caring about resigning key guys like Barea, Chandler, and Stevenson.

Choosing free agency over defending a title. The point of free agency is to acquire guys that make you a title contender which they already were. I still dont understand how you break up a championship team over free agency!

The Mavericks could have had easily 1 -2 years of legit competing for a championship. Now, you put your egg in one basket for Deron Williams? Deron Williams + Dirk isnt enough to win a championship.

JJ_JKidd
04-10-2012, 02:03 AM
They might. And even if they will, this team was a but a shadow of the team that won the Championship. Whats important is that they get what they need as they opted not to bring back the "crew" that won the Chip in order to acquire Deron and/or Dwight.

xk4
04-10-2012, 02:18 AM
I sort of understand what Cuban did. He couldn't afford to bring back all of Chandler, Stevenson, and Barea, so no matter what he did the team wasn't going to be as good as last year. The idea was to find the best 1yr deals and try to make another run in 2013

The team he did assemble looks sort of alright on paper. But Delonte West misses half the season every year, that was a risky move. Odom was the real banana in the tail pipe. It's unfortunate he had so many personal tragedies this year, but god damn what a bad season

b@llhog24
04-10-2012, 02:50 AM

Where has that clutchness gotten him this season? And is he still a superstar if he can't even get his team into the playoffs? (assuming they miss it)

Raph12
04-10-2012, 03:34 AM
It wouldn't be a bad idea to tank. Cap room, plus a nice pick.

This... Who knows what Stern does in the lottery; if the Magic can win it with only a 1.5% chance and the Bulls can win it with a 1.7% chance, who's to say the Mavs can't go up a few slots at worst?

UnWantedTheory
04-10-2012, 04:07 AM
Nah.

gotoHcarolina52
04-10-2012, 04:07 AM
Not sure if this was a joke that didn't land, or your english teacher played a joke on you at some point.

You're way too intellectual. In former East Germany (German Democratic Republic) it was very dangerous for intellectuals like you. Gladly for both of us, you did not live there, and I'm not from there either. :D

gatkins11
04-10-2012, 09:48 AM
They've got a good chance of missing the playoffs with their remaining schedule. Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, but even if they did make the playoffs, the most they would win in the first round would be two games.

jmoney85
04-10-2012, 11:47 AM
wont make it because they arent that good

king4day
04-10-2012, 12:07 PM
The lotto selection is just another ploy by Stern to plant players where he sees fit. What other professional sport does this? WWE maybe? Are you saying When Cena was drafted to Smackdown, and then back to Raw, on the SAME NIGHT, that it wasn't the bounce of the balls?!?!! :(

Yeah why join a team with a superstar who happens to be the most clutch player in the NBA along with a ton of cap room? Cuz he hasn't mentioned wanting to going to Phoenix. Hi-ooooooo

Where has that clutchness gotten him this season? And is he still a superstar if he can't even get his team into the playoffs? (assuming they miss it) To be fair, Dirk can't do it all himself. Odom, IMO, really screwed that team up. They shoulda still been a top 4 seed in the West if Odom was Odom.
But Nash is still playing like a superstar and there's a good chance Phoenix won't make the playoffs.

ghettosean
04-10-2012, 12:15 PM
How about saying... Who will take the 8th seed from Dallas?

The suns??? Utah??? Portland???

Naw they'll make it over those teams.

CudiOnMyiPod
04-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Where has that clutchness gotten him this season? And is he still a superstar if he can't even get his team into the playoffs? (assuming they miss it)

If you are talking about playoffs then why is Love getting so much praise? He won't get his team to the playoffs this year.

And Dirk is playing with Terry who is uninterested, Kidd who is hurt all year, Odom, Haywood, Carter, and an inconsistent Roddy. West has been hurt for a while.

Dirk has been just a borderline all star this year but he has a **** team. If they ake the playoffs, they won't make it past round 2 if that but Dirk will put up another 25 ppg/10 rpg like postseason.

The goods
04-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Cuban is smart but not signing jj,tyson,and steveson has back fired on them he wanted cap space for howard and deron but howard will be in orlando next year and I don't think deron will choose dallas with that roster,he has a better chance to stay with the nets a bigger market and younger players and they have cap space as well so we will see what happens.

JasonJohnHorn
04-10-2012, 12:44 PM
The Mavs should have pushed hard to keep Chandler. I heard he was willing to stay but the Mavs wanted to clear off cap space for this offseason.... bad choice... obviously. Look at this team without Chandler.

jmoney85
04-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Cuban is smart but not signing jj,tyson,and steveson has back fired on them he wanted cap space for howard and deron but howard will be in orlando next year and I don't think deron will choose dallas with that roster,he has a better chance to stay with the nets a bigger market and younger players and they have cap space as well so we will see what happens.

even though im a net fan I think I would take the nets roster over dallas ....

dwill/farmar
brooks/morrow
wallace/green
hump
lopez

are all players who average over 10 ppg.... if we had that squad for the whole season we would def be a solid playoff team

torocan
04-10-2012, 01:14 PM
The Mavs should have pushed hard to keep Chandler. I heard he was willing to stay but the Mavs wanted to clear off cap space for this offseason.... bad choice... obviously. Look at this team without Chandler.

Not just willing to stay, Chandler has stated multiple times (including in NY) that he thought he was going to retire as a Mav and was both surprised and hurt that they ultimately traded him.

He basically said that even when his Agent told him the Mavs were going to trade him, he didn't believe it until he was signing the papers.

That said, thanks for the trade. We really love the guy in NY. He's a beast.

b@llhog24
04-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Are you saying When Cena was drafted to Smackdown, and then back to Raw, on the SAME NIGHT, that it wasn't the bounce of the balls?!?!! :(

Cuz he hasn't mentioned wanting to going to Phoenix. Hi-ooooooo

To be fair, Dirk can't do it all himself. Odom, IMO, really screwed that team up. They shoulda still been a top 4 seed in the West if Odom was Odom.
But Nash is still playing like a superstar and there's a good chance Phoenix won't make the playoffs.
Yea Odom has played like **** to be honest.

If you are talking about playoffs then why is Love getting so much praise? He won't get his team to the playoffs this year.

And Dirk is playing with Terry who is uninterested, Kidd who is hurt all year, Odom, Haywood, Carter, and an inconsistent Roddy. West has been hurt for a while.

Dirk has been just a borderline all star this year but he has a **** team. If they ake the playoffs, they won't make it past round 2 if that but Dirk will put up another 25 ppg/10 rpg like postseason.

Kevin Love isn't a superstar in my book so no praise from me. So Kidd has been hurt and other players on that roster inconsistent yet you don't apply that same logic when assessing Melo situation. Odd

CudiOnMyiPod
04-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Yea Odom has played like **** to be honest.

Kevin Love isn't a superstar in my book so no praise from me. So Kidd has been hurt and other players on that roster inconsistent yet you don't apply that same logic when assessing Melo situation. Odd

Carmelo has been a loser for 8 years. He's already shown he can't win big with a good roster.

b@llhog24
04-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Carmelo has been a loser for 8 years. He's already shown he can't win big with a good roster.

If you used the necessary context that you used for your beloved Dallas team you would have noticed that aside from the Clippers and the Jazz his team was NEVER the favourite to win any series.