PDA

View Full Version : Mock-Trade Deadline Voting: (2) Magic vs. (7) 76ers

KH12
04-08-2012, 10:30 PM
This is a game we ran where users would take over the GM chair for a randomized team at the trade deadline to make trades with other users to improve their team. We then ranked the teams and seeded them accordingly, and now it's your part in the game where you vote to see who moves on.

Please do not vote only based on one of the teams or players involved being your favorite, but who you truly believe would win in a 7 game series. Thanks!

Orlando will have home court advantage in this series!

Magic Depth Chart:
PG: Mike Conley - Iman Shumpert - Derek Fisher - Andy Rautins
SG: Courtney Lee - Jimmy Butler
SF: Danny Granger - James Jones - Luke Walton
PF: Chuck Hayes - Lamar Odom - Tyrus Thomas - Craig Brackins
CT: Dwight Howard - Robin Lopez

*Shumpert will be playing the majority of the back-up SG minutes, with both Butler/Jones getting a few minutes too*

Italicized = inactive.

76ers Depth Chart:
PG: Jrue Holiday/Lou Williams/Jerryd Bayless
SG: Tyreke Evans/Lou Williams/Evan Turner
SF: Thaddeus Young/Francisco Garcia/Tyreke Evans
PF: David West/Al Harrington/Marreese Speights/Daniel Orton
C: Spencer Hawes/Nikola Vucevic/Tony Battie/Lavoy Allen

Magic Write-Up:
Philadelphia simply has nobody to match up with Dwight Howard in this series. He will dominate in the paint which will lead to open looks for our perimeter guys in Conley, Lee and Granger. I feel we have a loaded team of defenders, playmakers and shooters for Dwight Howard to kick the ball out to should he get doubled.

Danny Granger playing next to Dwight will only spike his efficiency even more. Courtney Lee is a very underrated player, good defender and shoots the 3 at almost 39%. Conley has really come into his own averaging 13 and 7 while shooting 36% from 3.

Shumpert will be our main guard coming off the bench, splitting time at the 1 and the 2. He's a lock down defender that will simply fit in great here.

While Chuck Hayes may not be a sexy name, he's been a very good defender that will help lock down the paint with the reigning 3x Defensive Player of the Year, Dwight Howard. Basically, we don't believe you'll be able to score in the paint vs. us and we have Conley/Shumpert/Lee/Butler to defend the perimeter. We have Lamar Odom, the reigning 6th Man of the Year coming off the bench and will go back to getting 30-32 mpg backing up PF and some SF like he did in LAL.

James Jones is our sharpshooter off the bench and Jimmy Butler has shown to be a very good defender in his brief time with the Bulls.

76ers Write-Up:
None.

theLgndKllr35
04-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I went Magic, but holy hell would I love to have that 76ers team over the one we have now.

Why isn't Harrington at C?

SeoulBeatz
04-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Magic, they got dwight

FraziersKnicks
04-08-2012, 10:44 PM
So the Sixers traded Iggy for Evans and Brand for West? Not huge improvements, Magic have a great inside/outside game and Dwight finally has a reliable perimeter scorer who can get his own shot in Granger.

Magic in 5.

5ass
04-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Magic easily. The defense would be amazing. Conley playing the passing lanes, Shump-Lee-Hayes are great defenders, and Dwight will lock down the paint.
As for offense they have inside scoring from dwight, lamar can play stretch 4, and Granger-conley-lee-jones are all good 3 pt shooters. Granger also provides them with perimeter scoring. Very good team.

justinnum1
04-08-2012, 11:03 PM
magic easily

Ebbs
04-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Magic team has a chance to upset Heat I think small but it's a good team.

Shammyguy3
04-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Magic in 6. Just not enough on that 76ers team, although I like what they did.

TrueFan420
04-09-2012, 08:23 PM
magic