PDA

View Full Version : Mock-Trade Deadline Voting: (4) Nets vs. (5) Celtics

KH12
04-08-2012, 10:25 PM
This is a game we ran where users would take over the GM chair for a randomized team at the trade deadline to make trades with other users to improve their team. We then ranked the teams and seeded them accordingly, and now it's your part in the game where you vote to see who moves on.

Please do not vote only based on one of the teams or players involved being your favorite, but who you truly believe would win in a 7 game series. Thanks!

New Jersey will have home court advantage in this series!

Nets Depth Chart:
C: Marcus Camby (28) | Kosta Koufos (20) | Chris Johnson
PF: Dirk Nowitzki (39) | Nazr Mohammed (9)
SF: Dorrell Wright (33) | Derrick Brown (15) | Terrence Williams
SG: Joe Johnson (30) | Gerald Green (18)
PG: George Hill (32) | Joe Johnson (8) | Anthony Carter (8)

Celtics Depth Chart:
Russell Westbrook / Avery Bradley
Eric Gordon / E'Twaun Moore / Daniel Gibson
Derrick Williams
Al Horford / JaJuan Johnson / Jermaine O'Neal
Emeka Okafor / Chris Wilcox / Brad Miller

I.R. Jeff Green is out for the year, so doesn't count.

Nets Write-Up:
Congrats to the C's for making it to the playoffs, but the Nets are much improved and look to win this series.

PG Matchup: George Hill vs. Russell Westbrook

No doubt that Westbrook is having a great year and is a borderline number one option, when under control. Problem is, he may go off for another 30 shot performance like last year in the playoffs and hurt his team greatly. This kid has talent, but has not always made the smartest decisions. Hill is a great defender that will make Westbrook make some bad choices, which will hurt especially in the playoffs when he doesn't have Durant to defer to. Hill is also a very solid ball handler and has been uber-efficient this year with a TS% of 58%. Hill is a very sound defensive and offensive player and will cause problems for Westbrook with his combination of size and speed, as Westbrook won't be able to over power Hill and his 6'2 frame.

SG Matchup: Joe Johnson vs. Eric Gordon

Johnson is playing his best ball of the year as of late. He won the Player of the Week recently and has been averaging 23 PPG on 48% shooting and an absurd 48% from three in March. He's also averaging 4.5 assists and 4 rebounds. Gordon has potential but has played sparingly this year, has no playoff experience, and is a huge questionmark for the playoffs because he is coming off a big injury. Johnson is a top 5 SG and a very good ball handler, so he and Hill will co-exist well. He is also a very good defender and a very talented second option for this squad. The Nets have a solid advantage here.

SF Matchup: Dorrell Wright vs. Derrick Williams

Wright is a very good defender and can score when called upon. He doesn't need the ball a great deal, and knows how to play his role. Williams is another young player with a ton of potential but he hasn't been outstanding in his rookie campaign and is also another player that cannot be relied upon in the playoffs. The Nets have the advantage here.

PF Matchup: Dirk Nowitzki vs. Al Horford

Dirk is finally back to being Dirk. He's averaging 25 PPG in March on good efficiency and grabbing down 6.4 rebounds per game, which is sufficient with a guy like Camby who is one of the best rebounders in the game is playing center. Horford hasn't played much this year and will be coming off a huge injury. He, like Gordon, cannot be relied upon for consistent production in the playoffs coming off such a large injury. Dirk is the most unguardable PF in the league, and will have his way with Horford in the playoffs. He's coming off a legendary title run and has the clear advantage here.

C Matchup: Marcus Camby vs. Emeka Okafor

Marcus Camby is getting old but he is still a top rebounder in the league, averagin about 9 per game with a top 3 TRB% this year. He is also a great help defender and a solid man to man defender. Emeka is also a solid role player. These players will fill their roles this series and neither will have a large advantage.

Bench: Kosta Koufos, Gerald Green, Nazr Mohammed, Anthony Carter, Derrick Brown vs. Avery Bradley, E'Twan Moore, Jeff Green, JaJuan Johnson, Chris Wilcox

The Celtics Bench is atrocious. Jeff Green is out for the year, and Johnson and Moore aren't even rotational players. Wilcox and Bradley are serviceable but neither are great bench pieces. We bring Koufos who has had a great year off the bench to spell Camby, Gerald Green, an emerging scorer at SG, Derrick Brown, a very solid young piece who can score at SF (7.2 PPG on 57% TS%), and two veterans in Mohammed and Carter in for spare minutes. The Nets bench isn't flashy, but gets the job done and has a little bit of everything. They have a huge advantage here.

The Nets have the advantage in this series. They have the reigning Finals MVP in Dirk and a very good second option in Joe Johnson to go along with solid role players and a formidable bench. Dirk is a great go to guy in the playoffs and this team as a whole is great defensively. The C's just have too many questionmarks: Gordon and Horford have hardly played this year, Jeff Green is out for the year, Derrick Williams has to start in a playoff series, and the bench is horrible. The Nets clearly have more experience, defense, and all around capability to go along with home court advantage. the Nets win this in 6.

Celtics Write-Up:
None.

roshan3ai
04-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Damn those Nets really look improved! :)

roshan3ai
04-08-2012, 10:44 PM
How can anyone vote the Celtics?? It's a MOCK TRADE DEADLINE. Horford is still hurt. Jeff Green is out for the year and that's the most putrid bench I've ever seen.

FraziersKnicks
04-08-2012, 10:48 PM
I like the C's balance with a big three of Westbrook/Gordon/Horford but Nowitzki and Johnson would be too much for them to handle.

Nets in 6

Sportfan
04-08-2012, 11:31 PM
How can anyone vote the Celtics?? It's a MOCK TRADE DEADLINE. Horford is still hurt. Jeff Green is out for the year and that's the most putrid bench I've ever seen.
I thought khinrich said Horford was cleared?

either way its tough celtics fast break would be dirtyyyyyy with westy gordon avery williams and even horford who's good running up and down the court. Both defenses are pretty average but celtics have the superior interior D and AVERY.
tough....i will have to think it over!

Chacarron
04-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Considering how the Celtics have no PF (Horford is out) I vote for the Nets.

Ebbs
04-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Yea I thought Horford was considered good to go otherwise easy choice nets.

MGB
04-09-2012, 04:31 AM
I was aiming to rebuild for the future as the C's GM, so just making the playoffs at all this season is a decent achievement. I figure I'd be in great shape going forward with getting Green back and all those young guys having another year under their belts.

Shammyguy3
04-09-2012, 06:30 PM
If Horford was playing, this would be a lot tougher to decide. As is, i like the Nowitzki/Johnson combo. Nets would get this.

TrueFan420
04-09-2012, 08:24 PM
nets