PDA

View Full Version : Mock-Trade Deadline Voting: (3) Bulls vs. (6) Hawks

KH12
04-08-2012, 10:22 PM
This is a game we ran where users would take over the GM chair for a randomized team at the trade deadline to make trades with other users to improve their team. We then ranked the teams and seeded them accordingly, and now it's your part in the game where you vote to see who moves on.

Please do not vote only based on one of the teams or players involved being your favorite, but who you truly believe would win in a 7 game series. Thanks!

Chicago will have home court advantage in this series!

Bulls Depth Chart:
Kyle Lowry ................. Mario Chalmers ............. Ishmael Smith
Thabo Sefolosha ......... Michael Redd
Luol Deng .................. Mike Miller .................... Lance Thomas
Pau Gasol .................. Taj Gibson ................... Josh Harrellson
Roy Hibbert ................ Cole Aldrich ................. Jerome Jordan

Hawks Depth Chart:
Point Guard: Devin Harris--Goran Dragic--Jarrett Jack
Shooting Guard: Tony Allen--Kyle Korver--Cory Higgins
Small Forward: Luc Richard Mbah a Moute--Steve Novak--Richard Jefferson
Power Forward: Chris Bosh--Amir Johnson--Channing Frye
Center: JaVale McGee--Joel Anthony

Bulls Write-Up:
The Bulls have the length, we have the passing, we have shooting, and we have defense. We can run two guys in the post, and we can rebound the ball as good as anyone in the league.

Harris vs Lowry
Lowry's one of the best all-around players, let alone point guards, in the league. He's a great defender at his position, a good passer, and a very good shooter. The p&r with him & either P.Gasol/Hibbert is deadly. Take his normal production from that Rockets team, with no other great players, and couple him with Deng/Gasol/Hibbert and a great bench, and it seems I'm featuring 4 all-stars.

Allen vs Sefolosha
This is basically a wash. Sefolosha is a great defender, just like Allen. But, Thabo's also shooting 50% from three this year. He doesn't shoot much, but when he's open he does. And you can count on him being open a lot with a lineup of Lowry/Deng/Gasol/Hibbert.

Deng vs Mbah a Moute
Deng is the best defender on the Bulls team. He routinely shuts people down, and he's a great overall player. His length is key here, playing next to two 7 footers in Gasol & Hibbert (both opening up passing lanes for him to drive through). Deng's been a phenomenal shooter from three this year, shooting 40% from three on 4 shots a game. You can expect the same production and overall higher efficiency playing as the 3rd or 4th option.

Gasol vs Bosh
Gasol's just as good of a shooter as Bosh. Gasol's a better passer, a better overall offensive player, and while neither player is known for their toughness, Gasol 10.5rpg while playing next to Bynum in LA. And he's scoring 17ppg on only 13.5 shots. His production will immediately go up as he'll have the offense run through him in the p&r system, giving him a much higher usg% than this season's lackluster 21.7% due to him not getting the ball enough (see Bryant's league leading 36.7usg% as a factor in that). Gasol's length won't be affected by Bosh, who's floundered in that regard playing next to no true center (Joel Anthony??) or big man. With that said, he barely averages 8rpg and has his lowest true shooting percentage (TS%) since his sophomore year.

Hibbert vs McGee
McGee is no offensive threat, which will allow Hibbert to use his great length & shot blocking abilities on help defense. Also, Hibbert at 7'2" tall will acquire all of McGee's attention offensively in the post. Hibbert will easily take 12-14 shots on this team-oriented offense run by Tom Thibodeau. (Where he barely gets over 10 attempts a game in Indiana, showing why he's one of the most underutilized players in the league)

Bench:
Dragic/Korver/Novak/Johnson/Anthony vs Chalmers/Redd/M.Miller/Gibson/Aldrich

Dragic's a nice player, and Korver/Novak are great shooters. But, is Korver really capable of guarding shooting guards still? Redd & Mike Miller will be running around screens all day (they're a combined 2,359 for 5,991 on threes for their careers, a career 39.4% combined.) The drive & kicks with Chalmers/Lowry & post-passes with Hibbert/Gasol will prove deadly here. Can you say the same way with Atlanta? Who will rely on Devin Harris & Chris Bosh to score all of their points & facilitate the ball (Harris is only averaging 10ppg and 5apg this year, and Bosh only 18 points a game. So they get only 28ppg from their top two scorers?)

Good luck to the Hawks with an offense revolved around Bosh shooting fade away 20 footers, Devin Harris only taking 8 shots a game and averaging 10 points, and a plethora of guys in Allen/Novak/Korver/Mbah a Moute/Frye/Johnson who can't run an offense for themselves. Dragic is nice, but he's no Steve Nash. Factor in McGee & Anthony's no offense contributions, and it doesn't stack up against a great defensive team with length & a deep bench.

The Bulls win this pretty easily, in 5 games.

Hawks Write-Up:
First of all, congrats to the bulls, but I think I can come up with an upset because the Bulls have been struggling with injuries to Kyle Lowry and Mike Miller. Shammyguy will probably go all John Hollinger on my ***, but both teams have some good defenders/athleticism that change the outcome of the game.

PG: Kyle Lowry/Mario Chalmers vs Devin Harris/Goran Dragic

Kyle Lowry hasn’t been able to play in the last 11+ games for the rockets. Goran Dragic has nicely stepped in and averaged 16.1 PPG, 2.1 steals, 9.4 assist, while shooting .496% on the field. He has been more efficient than Lowry has this season too. Devin Harris will start the game, but Dragic will be the PG with the heavy minutes.

SG: Thabo Sefolosha vs Tony Allen

Both are very good defenders, but Tony Allen’s swag and defensive superiority makes him dangerous. With Kyle Korver coming off the bench, I bring a three point sexy making machine whom can spread the floor, run through a bunch of screens and make Michel Redd’s knee cry for a timeout. Did I mention that Kyle Korver is putting up some Ray Allen type of numbers this season ☺.

SF: Luol Deng vs Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

Deng has the upper hand offensively, but both guys are good at defending. Moute doesn’t have the fancy jump shot, but he is efficient. If at anytime I need a scorer to come in, I can bring in Korver or Novak to cover the SF position.

PF: Pau Gasol vs Chris Bosh

One is an emotional roller coaster and the other one is softer than a baby’s bottom. This looks like a wash.

C: Roy Hibbert vs JaVale McGee

I am not going to lie, McGee is a nutcase that you like to YouTube from time to time to see what the hell he did the pass week. However, the change of scenery has done wonders to him, as he seems a little bit more under control. McGee can hold his own versus Hibbert because he doesn’t have to be all over the floor with help defense.

Bench: Mario Chalmers—Michael Redd—Mike Miller—Taj Gibson –Cole Aldrich vs Dragic—Kyle Korver—Steve Novak—Amir Johnson—Joel Anthony

The hawks have the clear advantage here. Mike Miller has been injured most of the season, Aldrich hardly even plays, and Michael Redd is Just leaving the bulls with Mario Chalmers and Taj Gibson. The Hawks have the luxury of still bringing in Jarrett Jack off the bench. In addition the Hawks have some deadly 3-point shooting. Set up with Kyle Korver and Steve Novak.

unleashthebeast
04-08-2012, 10:30 PM
I sincerely believe that this will be a close matchup, can't wait to see what happens

Raps18-19 Champ
04-08-2012, 10:31 PM
That has got to be the ugliest depth chart ever.

Horrible format and everything.

FraziersKnicks
04-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Bulls in 6. The Hawks have great wing defenders, but Gasol and Hibbert have too much size and would cause the Hawks trouble.

bholly
04-08-2012, 11:14 PM
How did this competition work? I feel like both teams got worse.

Sportfan
04-08-2012, 11:24 PM
yea they did

do the hawks even win 1 position battle?

unleashthebeast
04-08-2012, 11:25 PM
yea they did

do the hawks even win 1 position battle?

The guy was a rookie. And Bosh is considerably better than Josh Smith, for sure

Ebbs
04-09-2012, 12:47 AM
Believe me I wanted to vote Hawks but I couldn't bulls would win.

Sportfan
04-09-2012, 12:50 AM
The guy was a rookie. And Bosh is considerably better than Josh Smith, for sure
You mean Pau? I like him over bosh

lol ebbs :laugh2:

unleashthebeast
04-09-2012, 05:10 PM
You mean Pau? I like him over bosh

lol ebbs :laugh2:

Oh, i thought you meant vs the previous hawks team. but I would take Bosh over pau anyway :shrug:

TrueFan420
04-09-2012, 08:27 PM
closer than the poll shows but in the end da bulls

D1JM
04-10-2012, 12:40 AM

yeah i made some rookie mistakes. :( but hopefully i dont make them again next time

Shammyguy3
04-10-2012, 12:50 AM
i'd say the majority of us made rookie mistakes lol

D1JM
04-10-2012, 01:28 AM
i'd say the majority of us made rookie mistakes lol

you want to suck on my nipple shammy? :o

Shammyguy3
04-10-2012, 01:58 AM
do i have the luxury of deciding which one?