PDA

View Full Version : Mock-Trade Deadline Voting: (1) Heat vs. (8) Pacers

KH12
04-08-2012, 10:19 PM
This is a game we ran where users would take over the GM chair for a randomized team at the trade deadline to make trades with other users to improve their team. We then ranked the teams and seeded them accordingly, and now it's your part in the game where you vote to see who moves on.

Please do not vote only based on one of the teams or players involved being your favorite, but who you truly believe would win in a 7 game series. Thanks!

Miami will have home court advantage in this series!

Heat Depth Chart:
G: Steph Curry - DJ Augustine - Jameer Nelson
G: Aaron Afflalo - JJ Redick - Travis Leslie
F: Kevin Durant - JR Smith - Martell Webster
F: LaMarcus Aldridge - Pattrick Patterson
C: Marcin Gortat - Aaron Gray

Pacers Depth Chart:
PG: Jeremy Lin / JJ Barea / Ronnie Price
SG: Ray Allen / Delonte West
SF: Ronnie Brewer / Marquies Daniels
PF: Paul Millsap / Serge Ibaka /
C: Tyson Chandler / Dejuan Blair / Greg Smith

Heat Write-Up:
Steph Curry vs. Jeremy Lin: We all can agree that Curry and Lin are great offensive talents. However I believe Curry has the much better all round game and can be counted on much more over a 7 game series over Jeremy Lin. Lin's weaknesses have been exposed by multiple teams and is simply an inferior player to Steph Curry. Also with a great defensive player in Afflalo playing next to Curry, I believe will allow Curry to have even more impact as Afflalo can defend the better guard.

Aaron Afflalo vs. Ray Allen: We all know that Ray Allen is a great offensive threat however Afflalo is an amazing defender with a very solid offensive game. He is arguably one of the best wing man defenders in the game and Iím certain that Afflalo will force Allen to volume shoot. Also with his youth and superior team I see Afflalo winning this battle. Although it will be tight.

Kevin Durant vs. Ronnie Brewer: Enough said. Durant is clearly the better player in this matchup. He will dominate the game offensively and hold Brewer and his very limited offense on the defensive end. Durant will dominate this series.

Lamarcus Aldridge vs. Paul Millsap: Although a great player, Millsap is undersized and simply not good enough to cause any major headaches for Aldridge. Aldridge will win this match up.

Marcin Gortat vs. Tyson Chandler: Chandler is a slightly better defender but Gortat is a MUCH better offensive player. Overall I believe Gortat wins this match up simply because of the better overall game.

Bench: Best bench in the league. Nothing else needs to be said. DJ Augustine, JJ Redick, JR Smith, Jameer Nelson, Pattrick Patterson, Aaron Gray and Martell Webster are all starting calibre players and will dominated the Pacers bench. Perfect mixture of offense + defense.

Pacers Write-Up:
None.

Avenged
04-08-2012, 10:24 PM
That Heat team is deep!

Baller1
04-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Heat sweep.

justinnum1
04-08-2012, 10:34 PM
heat and its not even close, durant will poo all over brew

Ezio
04-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Brewer can't defend Durant.

FraziersKnicks
04-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Too much guard depth on the Heat and some quality big men. Sweep.

Avenged
04-08-2012, 10:42 PM
I think this Heat team might be better than the real one.

A very good starting 5 in all positions.

Ezio
04-08-2012, 10:55 PM
I think this Heat team might be better than the real one.

A very good starting 5 in all positions.

Yeah and this bench is better too.

justinnum1
04-08-2012, 11:01 PM
who is the #1 option in the pacers? that worries me, a lot

Ezio
04-08-2012, 11:07 PM
who is the #1 option in the pacers? that worries me, a lot

I would say Millsap no?

Sportfan
04-08-2012, 11:26 PM
If it wasn't for that Curry trade Pacers would be sneaky good. Didn't they have Tony Allen too?

but yea heat crush

justinnum1
04-08-2012, 11:45 PM
I would say Millsap no?

i guess, but i dont trust millsap being able to create a high % shot for himself

But millsap is good

Ebbs
04-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Heat abolish Pacers in 3. (The Pacers would resign and save themselves another *** whooping at home.)

Shammyguy3
04-09-2012, 06:34 PM
which guy voted Pacers :laugh2:

CudiOnMyiPod
04-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Jeremy Lin is a Knick so that means Indiana wins, easily.

This would be an easy sweep for Miami. Not only do they have Durant and Aldridge but Curry and Gortat are borderline all star players as well.

TrueFan420
04-09-2012, 08:22 PM
heat